Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Does an ounce of you not think...

Jump to newest

By *orty-couple OP   Couple
over a year ago

Leyland

...that what's going on particularly this last week or so is ludicrous.

Put aside your vaccine status and your thoughts towards vaccinated

vs unvaccinated.

Let's not start throwing rocks at each other, please try to be civil.

The facts as I understand them, correct me if I'm wrong (in a polite grown up fashion)

Omicron appears to be a mild form of covid, and deaths number(s) seem miniscule. Yes it is more contagious, in one way this could be good as it gets us closer to herd immunity, Herd is a good thing is it not?

Do you not find odd that all we know about the single UK death is this.. A reclusive 70 year old male, unvaccinated with no heath issues. No name, and as he's a loner there are no friends, work colleagues or family to talk about him.

I actually question whether this is true or not, I think we can all agree that the government are very good as making things up or telling us things didn't happen. I'm looking at you No 10 Christmas party!

France has banned UK citizens from entering.

So you're telling me that by banning UK citizens this will curtail Omicron! I'm sure France has plenty of its own cases.

Banning UK citizens is the answer!!

And now Germany is following suit, I'm sure more will follow.

Lockdowns are valid talking points at the moment and some already in place.

Australia, I mean that's just gone off the scale in my book. Covid internment camps, that's a very worrying thing.

I also worry about where this is going. I do worry about human rights and civil liability. At which point do you say enough is enough?

The narrative is about saving lives and the NHS which seems to be the stopper to any conversation about the logic of what's going on.

It seems very easy and quick to point people out as selfish rather than listen to their reasons, we seem to have lost the ability to see other people's views.

I worry about the cracks in our society, at heart we are all mostly very decent human beings and good members of society, so why the hostility?

I worry about the fear mongering going on by the MSM, the buzz words used are designed to scare.

I question things, it's my nature I'm m not anti vax conspiracy theorist, I make my own mind up and every new move on this crazy chess board has me scratching my head more and more.

I'm not spoiling for an argument so let's keep things civil and let's not quote any statistics, just speak from your heart about your thoughts on what's gone, what's going on and where things maybe headed.

I thank you.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Seven people have now died in the UK with Omicron

over a year ago

Leyland

"Seven people have now died in the UK with Omicron"

Thank you.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

As you said "let's not quote any statistics" should I delete my comment ?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

When the UK doesn't shut its borders quick enough:

"Why is this joke of a government still letting foreigners in??"

When other countries shut theirs:

"Banning UK citizens is not the answer!!"

This country in a nutshell

over a year ago

over a year ago

"When the UK doesn't shut its borders quick enough:

This country in a nutshell "

Surely they don't know yet how bad the new variant will be. It may put people in hospital but if they don't die people rub their hands together and rush down the pub to spread it.

But with more people in hospital, operations etc get cancelled because there isn't enough NHS staff to do everything.

The pub goers are happy to 'risk getting it' (and spreading it) but soon get pissy when they can't get an appointment at the doctor or hospital.

By *otswoldguy911Man
over a year ago

gloucestershire

Good post actually .. very wise to question things in my view rather than blindly follow what your television is telling you.

Posting here the last few weeks has made me realise there are genuinely a lot of scared frightened people out there. And some rightly so (health issues and such)

I also believe there are ALOT of (Karen’s)(jobsworths) that just like the control and telling people to “put your damn mask on” even tho the science is poor on masks and various other things.

There are also some wild conspiracy’s (microchips lizard people) and some conspiracy’s that are not so wild and end up being the truth. I.e (censorship of opposing views, censorship of negative vaccine data, passports, mandates, internment camps)

Me personally, not worried about the virus itself in the slightest.

More worried about the state of the country itself and the direction of the media splitting the British people . We had 3 years of isis and terrorists, 3 years of brexit and now COVID

All in a row and one after another VERY DIVISIVE

Pains me to say it but I feel like people wouldn’t “fight” for the country anymore. If it were 1940s all over again, WE’D LOSE too busy fighting each other.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

OP your missing the point.

Once again people are fixated on deaths and frankly it makes me sick to the stomach people saying"it's only seriously sick and vulnerable dying" like they don't matter!

The point is how overwhelmed the already overwhelmed health services are and are going to get, all these" people" marching for freedoms are just a bunch of spoilt brats who don't like not getting their own way in everything.

And the government being to slow to act then blaming people for not following guidelines are just as guilty as the marching super spreaders.

NHS services are massively suffering due to massive staff shortages this is going to continue to get worse,now imagine in the new year if suddenly a new strain pops up like it has been regularly since the start of all this,once that's become resistant to the current vacancies which as it's constantly mutating is possible.

Imagine this happening when the NHS is crawling on the ground unable to cope already?

What do you think is going to happen?

The government needs to stop ridiculously expensive projects like the "HS2 let's line each others pockets" project

Put an end to all the smart motorway projects that are literally just a money box for the already ridiculously rich.

Use the hundreds of billions saved to sure up the NHS and the economy by investing in stuff people actually want and need like properly staffed services not bogged down in intentional red tape designed to make said service fail so they can force through private healthcare and means testing.

By *ominantDogMan
over a year ago

Manchester, Docklands, Exmoor

"As you said "let's not quote any statistics" should I delete my comment ?"

Did you miss the initial request not to quote statistics or were you just looking to bait the OP?

Either way the decision to delete is up to you so I guess it's a rhetorical question

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Boris has promised he will build 40 new hospitals, so we have nothing to worry about

over a year ago

Leyland

"Good post actually .. very wise to question things in my view rather than blindly follow what your television is telling you.

Posting here the last few weeks has made me realise there are genuinely a lot of scared frightened people out there. And some rightly so (health issues and such)

I also believe there are ALOT of (Karen’s)(jobsworths) that just like the control and telling people to “put your damn mask on” even tho the science is poor on masks and various other things.

There are also some wild conspiracy’s (microchips lizard people) and some conspiracy’s that are not so wild and end up being the truth. I.e (censorship of opposing views, censorship of negative vaccine data, passports, mandates, internment camps)

Me personally, not worried about the virus itself in the slightest.

More worried about the state of the country itself and the direction of the media splitting the British people . We had 3 years of isis and terrorists, 3 years of brexit and now COVID

All in a row and one after another VERY DIVISIVE

Pains me to say it but I feel like people wouldn’t “fight” for the country anymore. If it were 1940s all over again, WE’D LOSE too busy fighting each other. "

I think we are in danger of becoming a very fragmented society, some views right or wrong are being silenced.

I think the focus is to much on covid whilst a democratic and polite society starts to crumble around us.

But of course that is just my thoughts

over a year ago

"OP your missing the point.

Once again people are fixated on deaths and frankly it makes me sick to the stomach people saying"it's only seriously sick and vulnerable dying" like they don't matter!

The point is how overwhelmed the already overwhelmed health services are and are going to get, all these" people" marching for freedoms are just a bunch of spoilt brats who don't like not getting their own way in everything.

And the government being to slow to act then blaming people for not following guidelines are just as guilty as the marching super spreaders.

NHS services are massively suffering due to massive staff shortages this is going to continue to get worse,now imagine in the new year if suddenly a new strain pops up like it has been regularly since the start of all this,once that's become resistant to the current vacancies which as it's constantly mutating is possible.

Imagine this happening when the NHS is crawling on the ground unable to cope already?

The government needs to stop ridiculously expensive projects like the "HS2 let's line each others pockets" project

Put an end to all the smart motorway projects that are literally just a money box for the already ridiculously rich.

Use the hundreds of billions saved to sure up the NHS and the economy by investing in stuff people actually want and need like properly staffed services not bogged down in intentional red tape designed to make said service fail so they can force through private healthcare and means testing."

over a year ago

"...that what's going on particularly this last week or so is ludicrous.

vs unvaccinated.

The facts as I understand them, correct me if I'm wrong (in a polite grown up fashion)

Omicron appears to be a mild form of covid, and deaths number(s) seem miniscule. Yes it is more contagious, in one way this could be good as it gets us closer to herd immunity, Herd is a good thing is it not?

Do you not find odd that all we know about the single UK death is this.. A reclusive 70 year old male, unvaccinated with no heath issues. No name, and as he's a loner there are no friends, work colleagues or family to talk about him.

I actually question whether this is true or not, I think we can all agree that the government are very good as making things up or telling us things didn't happen. I'm looking at you No 10 Christmas party!

So you're telling me that by banning UK citizens this will curtail Omicron! I'm sure France has plenty of its own cases.

Australia, I mean that's just gone off the scale in my book. Covid internment camps, that's a very worrying thing.

I also worry about where this is going. I do worry about human rights and civil liability. At which point do you say enough is enough?

The narrative is about saving lives and the NHS which seems to be the stopper to any conversation about the logic of what's going on.

It seems very easy and quick to point people out as selfish rather than listen to their reasons, we seem to have lost the ability to see other people's views.

I worry about the cracks in our society, at heart we are all mostly very decent human beings and good members of society, so why the hostility?

I worry about the fear mongering going on by the MSM, the buzz words used are designed to scare.

I question things, it's my nature I'm m not anti vax conspiracy theorist, I make my own mind up and every new move on this crazy chess board has me scratching my head more and more.

I'm not spoiling for an argument so let's keep things civil and let's not quote any statistics, just speak from your heart about your thoughts on what's gone, what's going on and where things maybe headed.

I thank you.

"

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

My thoughts are that simple maths would give you the answer you need.

If omicron gets to a point where it’s infecting a million a day, and even 1% of them needs to visit the hospital. That’s 1000 people a day.

If it’s twice as infectious, it needs to be half as mild to equal out

Some estimates put it at be 6-8x more infectious

No estimates are putting it at 6-8x less severe

If the NHS gets overwhelmed and you had a car crash, you might die trapped inside your car because no ambulance could get to you

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

What was the other co-morbities, their ages, their poverty status ?

over a year ago

Leyland

Use the hundreds of billions saved to sure up the NHS and the economy by investing in stuff people actually want and need like properly staffed services not bogged down in intentional red tape designed to make said service fail so they can force through private healthcare and means testing."

It's amazing they can find the money for the Nightingale Hospitals and furlough over night, but have let the NHS stay badly managed and terribly underfunded for years.

Don't forget this is your money they are playing with.

over a year ago

"My thoughts are that simple maths would give you the answer you need.

If omicron gets to a point where it’s infecting a million a day, and even 1% of them needs to visit the hospital. That’s 1000 people a day.

If the NHS gets overwhelmed and you had a car crash, you might die trapped inside your car because no ambulance could get to you "

over a year ago

The advent of social media has enabled disruptive views to proliferate and the debate is also more instant. As a result people don't have time to consider they choose to react to what they read and hear.

Everyone has a voice, which is good, but it's not always a considered voice.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I shan't quote statistics as you've asked me not to - but the statistics I've seen suggest a very different picture to what you paint.

So no.

over a year ago

Leyland

If the NHS gets overwhelmed and you had a car crash, you might die trapped inside your car because no ambulance could get to you "

I think I mentioned not quoting stats simply because it starts arguments, the post ultimately is about the journey we as a society we are headed. And the way we behave towards each other.

over a year ago

Leyland

"I shan't quote statistics as you've asked me not to - but the statistics I've seen suggest a very different picture to what you paint.

So no. "

Thank you

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

1% of a million is 10,000. Obviously not so simple maths

By *actileGent69Man
over a year ago

East Cheshire

vs unvaccinated.

I thank you.

"

Pm us...

By *cottish_switchMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

The NHS has had a crisis in winter every single year for as long as I can remember.

It is one of the largest single costs in the entire UK budget and that cost increases steadily, yet performance has consistently declined.

I am not being critical of doctors, nurses or other front line staff. They are doing the best they can in a dificult situation. The criticism is leveled at the administration, the managenent and the political leadership that sees so much of that budget squandered on things that provide no benefit to patients.

We need doctors, nurses & beds. We get diversity officers, art curators and managers.

Covid is only the catalyst that has brought these issues into sharp focus.

The NHS should be able to cope with covid, without us needing to shut down society.

That it isn't is not the fault of the doctors & nurses, it's our fault for not asking hard, difficult and searching questions of our MP's and insisting on real answers.

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

Not sure that ludicrous is the right word. My view, for what it's worth...

Governing during covid is an impossible task and whoever is in power would have the same issues and everything that's being done is aimed at keeping people alive. Nothing to do with any secret plan to control the population.

We can either do our bit to help our neighbours or fight each other. Quoting Boris' party as an excuse to do what we like comes under two wrongs dont make a right.

Part of the problem is information overload and the Internet has a lot to answer for.

By *alifaxsuetvcdTV/TS
over a year ago

halifax

This country in a nutshell "

What's the point, the new variant was found in other countries before SA, its just that SA declared it first.

By *alifaxsuetvcdTV/TS
over a year ago

halifax

This country in a nutshell

What's the point, the new variant was found in other countries before SA, its just that SA declared it first."

Ps no, they had no contact with anyone from SA in any contex

over a year ago

I think an awful lot of the last 2 years has been quite ridiculous.

over a year ago

If the NHS gets overwhelmed and you had a car crash, you might die trapped inside your car because no ambulance could get to you

I think I mentioned not quoting stats simply because it starts arguments, the post ultimately is about the journey we as a society we are headed. And the way we behave towards each other. "

Well I can see a snap shot of how we behave towards each other right here on this feed.

over a year ago

Leyland

"Not sure that ludicrous is the right word. My view, for what it's worth...

Governing during covid is an impossible task and whoever is in power would have the same issues and everything that's being done is aimed at keeping people alive. Nothing to do with any secret plan to control the population.

We can either do our bit to help our neighbours or fight each other. Quoting Boris' party as an excuse to do what we like comes under two wrongs dont make a right.

Part of the problem is information overload and the Internet has a lot to answer for."

I agree it must be a horrendous position for any government. There is no blue print on what to do for the best, however repeating the same things to expect a different outcome is nor a good way to do things.

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

Part of the problem is information overload and the Internet has a lot to answer for.

I agree it must be a horrendous position for any government. There is no blue print on what to do for the best, however repeating the same things to expect a different outcome is nor a good way to do things."

Definitely agree with that but not sure I could do any better.

By *dysseusukMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

At least someone has some pragmatic common sense

over a year ago

I agree it must be a horrendous position for any government. There is no blue print on what to do for the best, however repeating the same things to expect a different outcome is nor a good way to do things.

Definitely agree with that but not sure I could do any better."

Agree with all the above.

over a year ago

Totally agree our borders are wide open and so is the English channel .

Go figure .

We have a very very Weak Government that does not care about its people . Common sense would say close the Boarders up .

But we have a agenda here in this country.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Seven people have now died in the UK with Omicron

Thank you. "

The big issue with this variant is how quickly it spreads & replicates.

A small percentage of deaths from a HUGE number of cases, still equates to a large number of deaths. And the more people infected & the replication that happens, the more mutation happens... which ultimately leads to more new strains.

Cal

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

vs unvaccinated.

I thank you.

"

Most deaths will occur 4-6 weeks after infection, by February we should know how "mild" omicron is

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

Thank you.

A small percentage of deaths from a HUGE number of cases, still equates to a large number of deaths. And the more people infected & the replication that happens, the more mutation happens... which ultimately leads to more new strains.

Cal"

Exactly this

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

vs unvaccinated.

I thank you.

Most deaths will occur 4-6 weeks after infection, by February we should know how "mild" omicron is"

The peaks of cases vs deaths from last year put this figure closer to 2 weeks.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

Thank you.

Cal"

That's what Whitty said. Dismissed by many covidiots because of the way he looks...

over a year ago

Leyland

Thank you.

Cal

That's what Whitty said. Dismissed by many covidiots because of the way he looks..."

Define covidiot?

By *ngel696969Woman
over a year ago

Farnworth

1% of 1,000,000 is 10,000.

Just saying

over a year ago

"Boris has promised he will build 40 new hospitals, so we have nothing to worry about "

Shame no doctors an nurses to fill em

By *isces WomanWoman
over a year ago

West London

vs unvaccinated.

I thank you.

"

Thank you for putting your thoughts in such a well structured way. Couldn't put it better myself.

The Australian situation is terrifying, as an aussie I speak with friends and they can confirm what's happening.

I'm pro choice without any judgement on that choice.

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes, boris are over reacting, variants are getting weaker after each variant.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Thank you.

Cal

That's what Whitty said. Dismissed by many covidiots because of the way he looks...

-----

Define covidiot?"

There is no need for calling names, so I won't be labelling anyone in that way.

BUT...

Anyone who doesn't agree with my logic IS wrong. It is the very simple truth of how viruses work, it is beyond dispute.

Cal

over a year ago

Some points

Herd immunity - it's a fiction, this will never be possible with a virus that adapts and evolves to circumvent immune responses. Do we have 'herd immunity' against the common cold? no; influenza? no; smallpox even? no.

Forget the herd immunity nonsense it isn't going to happen.

The banning of UK citizens from travelling to EU countries has less to do with covid than it has to do with brexit. If we were still part of the EU would the ban have happened? Not possible to say for certain but I think unlikely. Note, Germany has now banned UK citizens too.

France and Germany already have rapidly increasing cases, nothing to do with UK visitors.

The omicrom death? Can't argue with you on that, no information, just what we have been told by the authorities.

Will mass vaccination stop the spread of cov-sars2 in all its future forms? No, certainly not the current vaccines. It requires a viable vaccine to actually kill the virus when you catch it. We haven't done that for the cold and flu vaccines are different each year for different strains. The vaccines ameliorate the effects not prevent infection or transmission.

Lockdowns. Can only be of any effect if they are total and lengthy. Total means not leaving your home. Having everyone tested at the beginning and at intervals until the end; and realistically 8 weeks would be a bare minimum. Also, it would have to be worldwide and policed strictly. - Not a realistic prospect.

So, get used to having this virus around, get used to the panic reactions of politicians and them using it as an excuse for whatever restrictions and policies they want to bring out.

[Triple jabbed, with underlying health condition and wearing a mask in public places]

over a year ago

Leyland

"Some points

Herd immunity - it's a fiction, this will never be possible with a virus that adapts and evolves to circumvent immune responses. Do we have 'herd immunity' against the common cold? no; influenza? no; smallpox even? no.

Forget the herd immunity nonsense it isn't going to happen.

The banning of UK citizens from travelling to EU countries has less to do with covid than it has to do with brexit. If we were still part of the EU would the ban have happened? Not possible to say for certain but I think unlikely. Note, Germany has now banned UK citizens too.

France and Germany already have rapidly increasing cases, nothing to do with UK visitors.

The omicrom death? Can't argue with you on that, no information, just what we have been told by the authorities.

Will mass vaccination stop the spread of cov-sars2 in all its future forms? No, certainly not the current vaccines. It requires a viable vaccine to actually kill the virus when you catch it. We haven't done that for the cold and flu vaccines are different each year for different strains. The vaccines ameliorate the effects not prevent infection or transmission.

Lockdowns. Can only be of any effect if they are total and lengthy. Total means not leaving your home. Having everyone tested at the beginning and at intervals until the end; and realistically 8 weeks would be a bare minimum. Also, it would have to be worldwide and policed strictly. - Not a realistic prospect.

So, get used to having this virus around, get used to the panic reactions of politicians and them using it as an excuse for whatever restrictions and policies they want to bring out.

[Triple jabbed, with underlying health condition and wearing a mask in public places]"

Thank you for you input, I'm really liking some of the posts on here.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The maths is slightly wrong but the premise is correct (sorry the maths degree person niggles!! Lol) 1% of 1 million would be 10,000… not 1,000

But since we are approaching 100,000 cases per day… if 1% of them needed hospital help of some sort… yes that’s a thousand people a day

But your premise actually stands… good point made!

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

vs unvaccinated.

I thank you.

Most deaths will occur 4-6 weeks after infection, by February we should know how "mild" omicron is

The peaks of cases vs deaths from last year put this figure closer to 2 weeks.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk"

The infection figures were not accurate at that time, people were testing well after showing symptoms and sometimes only testing when admitted to hospital.

over a year ago

vs unvaccinated.

I thank you.

"

To what end?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Something that is very infectious can attach a very little large number of people in a short period of time. We have millions who could get infected, a large volume of people needing a. Hospital bed.

The beds are finite, as are the staff. No need for a conspiracy. - we could be unable to manage the catastrophe.

Other countries manage things in their way. The UK is a potential risk to some. The equivalent of the Daily Express abroad would want to ban us

Long conspiracy post but we don't give up.

Use precautions and simple measures. It's restrictions or vaccines.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Seven people have now died in the UK with OmicronYes, boris are over reacting, variants are getting weaker after each variant."

That's not a given Shag. And the effects on people are made better, when they have some form of immunity

over a year ago

Aus and NZ especially are going full 1984 because they're remote boltholes for the rich elites away from us pesky plebs.

As for vaccines if you are fully (according to the latest definition) vaccinated you thus

1. Still face lockdown restrictions

2. Still have to test

3. Still cannot travel

4. Still cannot go back to normal

5. Still live in worry incase you don't have the latest "booster" for that new variant

So they are in the exact same position as unvaccinated except they don't have

1. Potential heart issues occurring/looming

2. A potentially at worse compromised at best monetised immune system

3. Completely unknown effects long term (pfizer have requested it be withheld until 2076 for access to public look it up)

4. The ability to wait by the side to see how this develops whilst living in a hostile atmosphere of blame game paranoia simply by minding your own business (probably a negative)

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Aus and NZ especially are going full 1984 because they're remote boltholes for the rich elites away from us pesky plebs.

As for vaccines if you are fully (according to the latest definition) vaccinated you thus

2. Still have to test

3. Still cannot travel

5. Still live in worry incase you don't have the latest "booster" for that new variant

3. Completely unknown effects long term (pfizer have requested it be withheld until 2076 for access to public look it up)

4. The ability to wait by the side to see how this develops whilst living in a hostile atmosphere of blame game paranoia simply by minding your own business (probably a negative)"

Have you looked at some of Australia's policies lately?

Try New South Wales. Like, in the last week or so.

over a year ago

Sometimes, they're having "exploding" cases apparently but it's their summer?, what are you getting at?, their policy of carry on being a pincushion to us and you can have bits of freedom so long as you comply? how commendable I'm glad I live in this timeline.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Sometimes, they're having "exploding" cases apparently but it's their summer?, what are you getting at?, their policy of carry on being a pincushion to us and you can have bits of freedom so long as you comply? how commendable I'm glad I live in this timeline."

The loosening of restrictions and not caring about how high cases get bit. If you're paying attention.

The vax mandates - that's historically typical in Australia. I'm talking about the lack of protection and support measures.

over a year ago

Why do you think they're maybe loosening restrictions? it's summer and it's hot nobody cares about coronavirus, just like here in the summer. The restrictions can swiftly return when they deem necessary, even if you've had your 43rd jab and fully complying.

over a year ago

Apart from Tesco I've been in all the major supermarkets and I can't find any of these bucket loads of fear that everyone has swallowed shit loads of?

Can't just be Tesco selling it can it?

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

vs unvaccinated.

I thank you.

"

Wholeheartedly agree with u! Very wise wise words x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Why do you think they're maybe loosening restrictions? it's summer and it's hot nobody cares about coronavirus, just like here in the summer. The restrictions can swiftly return when they deem necessary, even if you've had your 43rd jab and fully complying."

I think they're loosening restrictions because the premier is an ideologue.

Hope this helps.

By *lyreelMan
over a year ago

King's lynn

We need to tell non backers they are getting no benefits , no treatments if they come down with Covid.

We need to start getting on and accepting that Covid is here to stay. Like the Cold and the Flu it’s not going to go away.

There are a lot more people dying or going to die from untreated or undetected cancers than Covid has killed.

It’s a nonsense.

If you are vulnerable, stay home, otherwise let’s get on with it.

By *lyreelMan
over a year ago

King's lynn

"We need to tell non backers they are getting no benefits , no treatments if they come down with Covid.

We need to start getting on and accepting that Covid is here to stay. Like the Cold and the Flu it’s not going to go away.

There are a lot more people dying or going to die from untreated or undetected cancers than Covid has killed.

It’s a nonsense.

"

Vaxers, not backers. Typo correct.

By *oninlondonMan
over a year ago

Waterloo

"Aus and NZ especially are going full 1984 because they're remote boltholes for the rich elites away from us pesky plebs.

2. Still have to test

3. Still cannot travel

4. The ability to wait by the side to see how this develops whilst living in a hostile atmosphere of blame game paranoia simply by minding your own business (probably a negative)"

Best post I've read today! Which means some of the natives won't like it... ??????

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

vs unvaccinated.

I thank you.

"

I think you make some very good points and certainly worth being discussed here and indeed anywhere else.... Politely of course. Things very much don't seem to add up and people's tolerance of others views are mostly very low and getting worse. We've forgotten many of the behaviours which make us a society of humans. I get very disenfranchised too when the "save the nhs" is trotted out like some noble intention. I and my family have had dreadful experiences with the nhs in my life and I am far from convinced trying to save it is an end game worth the price we are all paying. The fact we have 50k people crammed in a football stadium today yet then wonder why infection rates increase is frankly bizarre. Good points op

over a year ago

vs unvaccinated.

I thank you.

I think you make some very good points and certainly worth being discussed here and indeed anywhere else.... Politely of course. Things very much don't seem to add up and people's tolerance of others views are mostly very low and getting worse. We've forgotten many of the behaviours which make us a society of humans. I get very disenfranchised too when the "save the nhs" is trotted out like some noble intention. I and my family have had dreadful experiences with the nhs in my life and I am far from convinced trying to save it is an end game worth the price we are all paying. The fact we have 50k people crammed in a football stadium today yet then wonder why infection rates increase is frankly bizarre. Good points op"

Honestly @Birdln and @blackmore100 you must both feel like Sisyphus, forever pushing the boulder up the hill to promote any 'reasonable' discussions in the Fab forum.

Your posts are always appreciated

over a year ago

Leyland

"We need to tell non backers they are getting no benefits , no treatments if they come down with Covid.

It’s a nonsense.

"

Health apartheid isn't acceptible in a civilised society. Should the same apply to smokers, drinkers, obese people, anorexic people, etc etc?

By *lltogethernowMan
over a year ago

Brighton

We all die so fucking stop trying to save the fucking world it's over regardless of any clever speaking people your over its over

By *ldbutrandyMan
over a year ago

Walsall

It’s a nonsense.

Health apartheid isn't acceptible in a civilised society. Should the same apply to smokers, drinkers, obese people, anorexic people, etc etc? "

I totally agree with you .you can't deny people access to health care because of their lifestyle choices.

In answer to your original question as to why the fuss over a so called mild variant . It's not been proved yet.

It takes 2 weeks plus for serious cases and deaths to add up. An iceberg looks small on the surface!

If it creates half the amount of serious cases , and most stay half the times in hospital beds , at 10 the infection rate it still overloads the NHS.

over a year ago

not as dangerous as season flu

By *lyreelMan
over a year ago

King's lynn

It’s a nonsense.

Health apartheid isn't acceptible in a civilised society. Should the same apply to smokers, drinkers, obese people, anorexic people, etc etc? "

Yes, it is when they are non vaccinated for no valid reasoning.

They are threatening the weak and vulnerable by their selfish actions. 88% of hospital admissions are non vaccinated, I wouldn’t treat them.

Smokers and drinkers etc etc are a different topic.

This is re Covid, or so I thought?

over a year ago

Leyland

It’s a nonsense.

Health apartheid isn't acceptible in a civilised society. Should the same apply to smokers, drinkers, obese people, anorexic people, etc etc?

I totally agree with you .you can't deny people access to health care because of their lifestyle choices.

In answer to your original question as to why the fuss over a so called mild variant . It's not been proved yet.

It takes 2 weeks plus for serious cases and deaths to add up. An iceberg looks small on the surface!

If it creates half the amount of serious cases , and most stay half the times in hospital beds , at 10 the infection rate it still overloads the NHS.

"

Well it's been around for longer than two weeks, I don't see a Tsunami of deaths in South Africa!

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"We all die so fucking stop trying to save the fucking world it's over regardless of any clever speaking people your over its over "

And seasons greetings to you as well

over a year ago

Hospitals were set-up as separate 'businesses@.

Every time you are treated at hospital, the CCG in that area is billed for that treatment.

Every blood test etc that your GP sends you for is billed.

If your GP wants to refer you to a specialist, that goes before a referral panel to see if the treatment is cost effective.

Every hospital has a 'private' treatment section where patients can pay for their treatment. Many hospitals now source 25% of their budget from paying patients/private treatment (insurance). One London specialist cancer unit sources nearly 40% of its budget from paying patients (note that their annual govt funding is reduced by an amount).

Nightingale hospitals?

Nice. But no staff for them. The govt *knew* that at the start. They even talked of staffing them with non-ICU trained staff....fortunately, even they realised that would not end well.It would be nice of covid MK4 killed fewer, but even then, it means that hospitals will be full of sick-but-not-dying patients.

London ambulance service is almost at a standstill, because so many of the crews are sick now.

Oh, and the chancellor of the exchequer has just been to the USA chatting to private health companies.

Virgin health has been sold to a USA private equity group. Hmmm. Good luck keeping patient data away from them.

Keir Starmer is minded to do the same as the other mob, with respect to the health service.

Welcome to the new world, where all our politicians are wealth-seeking scumbags.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

"2012.

Hospitals were set-up as separate 'businesses@.

Every time you are treated at hospital, the CCG in that area is billed for that treatment.

Every blood test etc that your GP sends you for is billed.

If your GP wants to refer you to a specialist, that goes before a referral panel to see if the treatment is cost effective.

Every hospital has a 'private' treatment section where patients can pay for their treatment. Many hospitals now source 25% of their budget from paying patients/private treatment (insurance). One London specialist cancer unit sources nearly 40% of its budget from paying patients (note that their annual govt funding is reduced by an amount).

Nightingale hospitals?

Nice. But no staff for them. The govt *knew* that at the start. They even talked of staffing them with non-ICU trained staff....fortunately, even they realised that would not end well.It would be nice of covid MK4 killed fewer, but even then, it means that hospitals will be full of sick-but-not-dying patients.

London ambulance service is almost at a standstill, because so many of the crews are sick now.

Oh, and the chancellor of the exchequer has just been to the USA chatting to private health companies.

Virgin health has been sold to a USA private equity group. Hmmm. Good luck keeping patient data away from them.

Keir Starmer is minded to do the same as the other mob, with respect to the health service.

Welcome to the new world, where all our politicians are wealth-seeking scumbags."

I never had a politician I never vote. Thank you very much

By *orking Class GentMan
over a year ago

Warrington

Use the hundreds of billions saved to sure up the NHS and the economy by investing in stuff people actually want and need like properly staffed services not bogged down in intentional red tape designed to make said service fail so they can force through private healthcare and means testing.

It's amazing they can find the money for the Nightingale Hospitals and furlough over night, but have let the NHS stay badly managed and terribly underfunded for years.

Don't forget this is your money they are playing with. "

It's because they want it to be shite so they can justify selling it to private health companies.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

Don't forget this is your money they are playing with.

It's because they want it to be shite so they can justify selling it to private health companies. "

And putting an X by a name on a piece of paper is how it gets legitimised.

By *lltogethernowMan
over a year ago

Brighton

Thank you! I feel the love now x

over a year ago

I think that the criticism is mostly unfair. No Government will have performed well, because no Government has ever had to handle a pandemic of this nature.

No one (and that includes the Government) know what this Virus is going to do next. They literally respond to what happens.

People have whinged about the French/German not letting us travel, but we prevented them first - you cannot have it both ways people!!!!!!

The best scientists in the world have said that it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop this virus going around the world!

You do not really have to put much thought to this to realise that they are correct.

Just look after yourselves, be responsible, stay safe and respect our Government for their attempts at keeping us as safe as they can.

They won't get it right all the time, they can't - no Government would!

over a year ago

There is new pandemic plan/scenario sars cov 2 2025-28 published by John Hoskins easy to google.Boosters every 6months,media controled propaganda...is not gonna stop till we all get v.pass later converted to digital Id...social credit score is on the end.We are f...ed

By *asterful_ManMan
over a year ago

MM

vs unvaccinated.

I thank you.

"

No

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

"There is new pandemic plan/scenario sars cov 2 2025-28 published by John Hoskins easy to google.Boosters every 6months,media controled propaganda...is not gonna stop till we all get v.pass later converted to digital Id...social credit score is on the end.We are f...ed"

Think I will contact Mr E Musk to put me on the one way trip to Mars he is planning.

over a year ago

"I think that the criticism is mostly unfair. No Government will have performed well, because no Government has ever had to handle a pandemic of this nature.

No one (and that includes the Government) know what this Virus is going to do next. They literally respond to what happens.

People have whinged about the French/German not letting us travel, but we prevented them first - you cannot have it both ways people!!!!!!

The best scientists in the world have said that it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop this virus going around the world!

You do not really have to put much thought to this to realise that they are correct.

Just look after yourselves, be responsible, stay safe and respect our Government for their attempts at keeping us as safe as they can.

They won't get it right all the time, they can't - no Government would!"

Getting things wrong is understandable and acceptable. When governments end eps doing things like making it so care homes can’t refuse covid + patients isn’t really best thinking. Then the use of remdesivir and medazolam wasn’t best practice. Then there was the Spanish hospital who gave all patients in icu vitaminD and almost all recovered. Yet in the uk where the population are vitD deprived they was told to stay indoors through summer 2020. This and much more is unacceptable negligent and repugnant.

over a year ago

Deep dive the entire subject and you’ll get to “The great reset” and agenda 2030 !

By *all me FlikWoman
over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

....and another covid thread goes down a rabbit hole.

By *asterful_ManMan
over a year ago

MM

And we all turn into lizards....

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

"There is new pandemic plan/scenario sars cov 2 2025-28 published by John Hoskins easy to google.Boosters every 6months,media controled propaganda...is not gonna stop till we all get v.pass later converted to digital Id...social credit score is on the end.We are f...ed"

Nonsense.

By *elshcouple18Couple
over a year ago

Cardiff

they've died with it, not from it?

over a year ago

Leyland

vs unvaccinated.

I thank you.

No"

Thanks you for your mature and considered response.

By *asterful_ManMan
over a year ago

MM

vs unvaccinated.

I thank you.

No

Thanks you for your mature and considered response.

"

That's no problem. I was speaking from my heart.

By *iedandtestedMan
over a year ago

BOURNEMOUTH

can someone just press the fucking reset button on the world please

cheers

over a year ago

You think the country should shut down over 7 deaths?

over a year ago

"Boris has promised he will build 40 new hospitals, so we have nothing to worry about "

Statistically speaking, what proportion of those hospitals have been built and are actually new?

By *unseeker63Man
over a year ago

Newent, Birmingham, Bristol, London & Watford

Take a long hard look at the science and maths, and ignore the politics. Your health matters, and so does our National Health Service.

Having said that, opinions are like arseholes. Everyone’s got one but that doesn’t mean I want to hear them all.

over a year ago

We will need 2030 plans for boosters so long as conspiracy theorists continue to flout restrictions and don’t get vaccinated.

over a year ago

I think I mentioned not quoting stats simply because it starts arguments, the post ultimately is about the journey we as a society we are headed. And the way we behave towards each other. "

Yes i would like to argue the fact that 1% of a million is NOT 1,000

By *BBWWoman
over a year ago

somewhere in suffolk

100% this

over a year ago

It’s a nonsense.

In short yes - eventually - if you smoke and pay for private insurance then you’ll have to pay a much higher premium. Same will happen to those who like a bit too much Greggs, as they already account for the highest cost base in NHS spend.

Choices have consequences. People should be free to make life choices of course, but not entirely free of consequence.

over a year ago

"Deep dive the entire subject and you’ll get to “The great reset” and agenda 2030 !"

What is so bad about that agenda?

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

2. Still have to test

3. Still cannot travel

Hard to argue with you but dreadfully unbalanced post which purposefully misses the whole point of vaccination

Point 6 in the vaccinated list missing : greatly reduced risk of being hospitalised or dying from Covid infection after all the latest jabs given.

Point 5 in the unjabbed list : greatly increased risk of being hospitalised or dying from Covid infection due to no jabs.

Point 6 in the unjabbed list : Your selfishness makes mutation more likely and prolongs the whole pandemic.

Point 7 in the unjabbed list : Long Covid and all its hideous characteristics are more likely than jab side effects including ironically heart issues

Now that's more balanced

By *BBWWoman
over a year ago

somewhere in suffolk

Don't forget this is your money they are playing with. "

By *aughtycp1Couple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

We personally think this is more about pushing vaccines than anything else. A lot of money to be made out of Omicron

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering/ Market Harborough

Scaremongering from the media! In January there were over 40,000 people in hospital in the UK with covid. On Friday about 4500. This information was on the BBC news website in the very small print at the bottom of the page. Surely this should have been headline news !!

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Scaremongering from the media! In January there were over 40,000 people in hospital in the UK with covid. On Friday about 4500. This information was on the BBC news website in the very small print at the bottom of the page. Surely this should have been headline news !!"

Whether those "facts" are right or wrong I tend to agree the media are having a massive toxic effect through this. I can't understand why either. It just seems like a bit of sport for many of them. See whom we can turn on whom today, let's see who we can scare further today, they seem to hate everything and everyone. Apart from inane celebrities and then only when they are on the rise, as soon as their star flickers they go after them too. But the motivation beyond clicks.?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Scaremongering from the media! In January there were over 40,000 people in hospital in the UK with covid. On Friday about 4500. This information was on the BBC news website in the very small print at the bottom of the page. Surely this should have been headline news !!"

Probably because the purpose of the vaccines is limit the severity of the illness they get… or in layman’s terms… it keeps you out of the hospital!!!!

So… the moral of the tale is……,

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

That's a mistake, 4500.They give it every night on the 10pm news and it's been 7178 on 4/12/21 as high as 7687 on 13/12/21.

As of December 14, 2021, 7,673 confirmed COVID-19 patients were in hospital in the United Kingdom. The number of COVID patients in hospitals first peaked at almost 22 thousand on April 12, 2020 and dropped as low as 770 on September 11, 2020. However, the number of patients reached a new peak in the winter of 2020/21 with almost 40 thousand patients in hospital on January 18, 2021.

www.statista.com is the source

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering/ Market Harborough

"Scaremongering from the media! In January there were over 40,000 people in hospital in the UK with covid. On Friday about 4500. This information was on the BBC news website in the very small print at the bottom of the page. Surely this should have been headline news !!

Probably because the purpose of the vaccines is limit the severity of the illness they get… or in layman’s terms… it keeps you out of the hospital!!!!

So… the moral of the tale is……,"

Yep, I wish the government would also anounce how many of the hospitalisations and deaths weren't vaccinated or were already dieing of something else too. If your not vaccinated then it's your choice and your problem when you get ill and die!

over a year ago

It’s not just about deaths or how many people end up in hospital….although that’s hugely important. Getting Covid results in isolating….the more cases the more isolation required. The more people off work isolating the more businesses are hit and the more it impacts on the economy. The country is already in debt up to its neck and the government can’t continue to bail us all out.

My brother currently lives in Singapore where ex pats caught breaking their Covid rules are ejected from the country and given a lifetime ban from returning.

So if people think Covid rules are harsh in the uk think again!

over a year ago

"It’s not just about deaths or how many people end up in hospital….although that’s hugely important. Getting Covid results in isolating….the more cases the more isolation required. The more people off work isolating the more businesses are hit and the more it impacts on the economy. The country is already in debt up to its neck and the government can’t continue to bail us all out.

My brother currently lives in Singapore where ex pats caught breaking their Covid rules are ejected from the country and given a lifetime ban from returning.

So if people think Covid rules are harsh in the uk think again!"

I'd say that's reasonable.

I have a relative in Asia who refused to wear a mask at the beginning of Covid as though they were above doing such a thing despite all the locals complying.

Just seemed disrespectful and inconsiderate.

Of course nowadays they're the first to criticise other people that would do the same.

By *iberatedPairCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk

[Removed by poster at 20/12/21 13:54:04]

By *iberatedPairCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk

We would probably have more die from the flu each year but we carry on with our lives and don't live in fear

By *Booboo-Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

The problem is not the current variant, but more the possibility for it to mutate. The current Omicron variant isn't very potent, but there's a high chance it'll mutate and if it's everywhere and very infectious that could be a major issue in the future.

Our biggest issue at the moment is that we just don't know enough about the way it mutates.

Until some of the 3rd world countries are more vaccinated then we are going to see more and more variants.

over a year ago

We would probably have more die from the flu each year but we carry on with our lives and don't live in fear "

That's right. We'd all happily sit in a room full of people with the flu

By *iberatedPairCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk

It’s a nonsense.

"

Non vaxers!!!!! That's like saying all those who have a shit diet and who are over weight they can't get help or people who chose to smoke or drink do drugs shouldn't get help either... Life is all about choices and everyone should be able to make their own. With out that kind of remark

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"not as dangerous as season flu "

By what definition and quoted from which credible medical journal?

The volumes of infections, with a smaller subset seriously ill and needing hospital treatment, some also meeting death, are what incapacitates the health service from being able to operate and provide treatments for others.

over a year ago

"Scaremongering from the media! In January there were over 40,000 people in hospital in the UK with covid. On Friday about 4500. This information was on the BBC news website in the very small print at the bottom of the page. Surely this should have been headline news !!

Whether those "facts" are right or wrong I tend to agree the media are having a massive toxic effect through this. I can't understand why either. It just seems like a bit of sport for many of them. See whom we can turn on whom today, let's see who we can scare further today, they seem to hate everything and everyone. Apart from inane celebrities and then only when they are on the rise, as soon as their star flickers they go after them too. But the motivation beyond clicks.? "

Let’s not forget that ‘star’ flickers when they stray from the narrative regarding Covid and vaccines in today’s climate. Cancel culture does nothing to help, if there is no weight in truth then said person engaged in debate will evidently loose all credibility based upon the outcome of the debate.

over a year ago

Dinosaurs had their time on earth an got wiped out

This is our turn..... insects and China inheret the earth.....let's face it them fuckers only eat bugs an shit

over a year ago

"There is new pandemic plan/scenario sars cov 2 2025-28 published by John Hoskins easy to google.Boosters every 6months,media controled propaganda...is not gonna stop till we all get v.pass later converted to digital Id...social credit score is on the end.We are f...ed

We will need 2030 plans for boosters so long as conspiracy theorists continue to flout restrictions and don’t get vaccinated. "

Haha is someone belive govoment and big pharma want help must be insane,they creating long term customers under totalitarian control... 1,2,3 jab doesn't prevent you from catching or spreading whats the point?there is no medical evidence if you jabbed you go with mild symptoms is just push for jab to get v.pass...what about chealthy life style,decent food our immune system?No one give shit beceuse you can't make tons of money from it...

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

What will be will be

By *azylivingMan
over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

Is that like the 50,000 new nurses but 20,000 already working in the nhs?

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

Strange how Germany restricts access for UK citizens when their daily death figures for the last few weeks are 3 x the UK daily figure. Suggests they have a far worse infection rate internally than the UK, but hey ho, stop the bits coming, that will reduce the infection rate.

Problem is some like my boss believe it.

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"Strange how Germany restricts access for UK citizens when their daily death figures for the last few weeks are 3 x the UK daily figure. Suggests they have a far worse infection rate internally than the UK, but hey ho, stop the bits coming, that will reduce the infection rate.

Problem is some like my boss believe it. "

The thing is, Germany’s current high infection & deaths are more to do with the Delta variant.

And that’s because of a low vaccine uptake, and a slower roll out of the booster compared to us.

So if they allow too much of the more transmissible omricon in at this stage, then they could end up with far more problems than they are dealing with already.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"What will be will be"

Are you singing that?

over a year ago

"What will be will be

Are you singing that? "

A lot of people who don’t have the means or inclination to change anything are fond of those lyrics.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"What will be will be

Are you singing that?

A lot of people who don’t have the means or inclination to change anything are fond of those lyrics. "

I hope it's chips it's chips

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"There is new pandemic plan/scenario sars cov 2 2025-28 published by John Hoskins easy to google.Boosters every 6months,media controled propaganda...is not gonna stop till we all get v.pass later converted to digital Id...social credit score is on the end.We are f...ed

We will need 2030 plans for boosters so long as conspiracy theorists continue to flout restrictions and don’t get vaccinated.

Haha is someone belive govoment and big pharma want help must be insane,they creating long term customers under totalitarian control... 1,2,3 jab doesn't prevent you from catching or spreading whats the point?there is no medical evidence if you jabbed you go with mild symptoms is just push for jab to get v.pass...what about chealthy life style,decent food our immune system?No one give shit beceuse you can't make tons of money from it..."

Your opinion ?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Strange how Germany restricts access for UK citizens when their daily death figures for the last few weeks are 3 x the UK daily figure. Suggests they have a far worse infection rate internally than the UK, but hey ho, stop the bits coming, that will reduce the infection rate.

Problem is some like my boss believe it. "

Germanys problem is the delta variant… not omicron

Also.. Germany policy is that anyone travelling from the uk must do 14 days self isolation…. Which is exactly the same policy the uk had with the 10 countries they had on the red list!

I find it interesting and funny that apparently it was okay when it was the uk doing the banning… but when the french and Germans to the same it is “how very dare they!!!!!”

By *ldbutrandyMan
over a year ago

Walsall

It’s a nonsense.

Well it's been around for longer than two weeks, I don't see a Tsunami of deaths in South Africa! "

Average age in South Africa 27

Average age here 41

Plus I don't think they're as addicted to junk food as we are , generally.

So it's hard to compare the two sets of results.

over a year ago

Haha is someone belive govoment and big pharma want help must be insane,they creating long term customers under totalitarian control... 1,2,3 jab doesn't prevent you from catching or spreading whats the point?there is no medical evidence if you jabbed you go with mild symptoms is just push for jab to get v.pass...what about chealthy life style,decent food our immune system?No one give shit beceuse you can't make tons of money from it..."

Lesson learned. Don’t engage with conspiracy theorists. Their reasoning goes in too many unsubstantiated directions to be worth the effort.

By *actileGent69Man
over a year ago

East Cheshire

We would probably have more die from the flu each year but we carry on with our lives and don't live in fear "

'Public Health England, Surveillance of Influenza and other Respiratory Viruses in the UK Winter 2018-2019'. Figure 37, Weekly number of all age Deaths and Attribution to Influenza 2014-2019 England.

Weekly deaths from flu, England only. Want to guess the peak number summer to winter ?

SUMMER 9000 PER WEEK ENGLAND ONLY

WINTER 13,000 PER WEEK ENGLAND ONLY

No lockdowns, no manic mask wearing, no big media coverage. Yes a flu vaccine but not rushed and pushed like the covid ones

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

Thank you.

Cal

Define covidiot?"

"a person who annoys other people by refusing to obey the social distancing rules designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19"

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/covidiot

over a year ago

We would probably have more die from the flu each year but we carry on with our lives and don't live in fear

'Public Health England, Surveillance of Influenza and other Respiratory Viruses in the UK Winter 2018-2019'. Figure 37, Weekly number of all age Deaths and Attribution to Influenza 2014-2019 England.

Weekly deaths from flu, England only. Want to guess the peak number summer to winter ?

No lockdowns, no manic mask wearing, no big media coverage. Yes a flu vaccine but not rushed and pushed like the covid ones "

My reading is that those numbers are total deaths. I'd guess the peak weekly is c 3k in the heavier years.

Table 7 below it has total deaths associated with influenza as being between 10k (2015/16) to 28k (14/15)

By *herryEatersCouple
over a year ago

East Cheshire

"

No lockdowns, no manic mask wearing, no big media coverage. Yes a flu vaccine but not rushed and pushed like the covid ones

My reading is that those numbers are total deaths. I'd guess the peak weekly is c 3k in the heavier years.

Table 7 below it has total deaths associated with influenza as being between 10k (2015/16) to 28k (14/15)

"

Absolutely not, taken from the yearly peaks and troughs graph. WEEKLY DEATHS not yearly totals. 9000 per week in the summers was the trough bottom hence absolute minimum, 13,000 per week is the winter peak.

over a year ago

"

Absolutely not, taken from the yearly peaks and troughs graph. WEEKLY DEATHS not yearly totals. 9000 per week in the summers was the trough bottom hence absolute minimum, 13,000 per week is the winter peak."

I agree 13k is the winter peak. However my reading of the graph is that there is a baseline of deaths (all-age deaths) and to get an idea of influenza deaths you need to look at the gap between the black line and the red line.

So c 3k.

It's also why the red line falls back to the baseline and disappears during the summer.

Which is why table 7 has influenza deaths of 30k in total over a season. Not in a week.

If I'm reading this wrong, can you explain what table 7 is telling me ?

Also, if fou really ran at this rates you'd be seeing c 570k deaths each year from flu. Which is about the UK death count in total ... another reason for me leaning to the base rate bring all deaths.

By *imes_berksMan
over a year ago

Bracknell

"

Absolutely not, taken from the yearly peaks and troughs graph. WEEKLY DEATHS not yearly totals. 9000 per week in the summers was the trough bottom hence absolute minimum, 13,000 per week is the winter peak."

Omg this is what happens when people cannot interpret graphs. The title of the graph and the paragraph above indicates that this graph is for ALL deaths and ALL ages and is to show excess deaths over the years. The ALL deaths means all deaths that week and not from the flu only. The approx number of daily deaths (from whatever cause) is 1500 in the UK and that equates to approx 10,500 per week. So that would make approx 9000 per week in England. Oh look that appears to be the trough baseline in the summers. To state that 9000 deaths per week in the summer is due to flu is basically nuts. There are flu strains indicated on the graph but that is only to show what was the dominant strain in those years.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

As the op said... "Let's not start throwing rocks at each other, please try to be civil."

The idea started well and stepped off piste a bit

By *ayarMan
over a year ago

Wirral

The thing that’s bothered me from the start in all of this is the way the figures are reported.

The small print ‘within 28 days of a positive test’

Let’s again use the well used

Man falls off ladder

Never showed any symptoms but tests positive at post mortem

Even though covid has played absolutely no part in this persons ending he has become a covid statistic

This has surely inflated the figures massively as this has gone on and it’s always bothered me why they would want to inflate the figures.

Will these figures ever be scrutinised to determine how many people of the 170k covid deaths actually died as a direct result of effects of covid.

It would just make everything a bit more believable for me

Just to fend off the vaccine shamers

I’m double jabbed and waiting for a good time to get my booster

over a year ago

"The thing that’s bothered me from the start in all of this is the way the figures are reported.

Man falls off ladder

Even though covid has played absolutely no part in this persons ending he has become a covid statistic

This has surely inflated the figures massively as this has gone on and it’s always bothered me why they would want to inflate the figures.

Will these figures ever be scrutinised to determine how many people of the 170k covid deaths actually died as a direct result of effects of covid.

"

do you get a post mortem if you fall off a ladder? And would they do a covid test?

But to address your concern:

As I understand it there are three ways of estimating covid deaths:

Deaths after a positive test. It's crude but very quick to measure.

Deaths with covid on certificates. Closest to a medical answer.

Excess deaths. Takes subjectivity out of it somewhat and looks at overall picture of Covid includi gbsecond order effects such as less traffic accidents say. But isn't the best direct measure.

Now all three measure slightly different things and aren't perfect. But are giving very similar answers.

I like excess deaths as it removes this idea of "would have died anyway" especially as time goes on ...

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"The thing that’s bothered me from the start in all of this is the way the figures are reported.

Man falls off ladder

"

Not exactly small print and never has been. Apart from the first few months theyve always been deaths within 28 days of positive test. There are many things to be sceptical about. But the death figures reporting isn't one of them.

By *lyreelMan
over a year ago

King's lynn

It’s a nonsense.

Non vaxers!!!!! That's like saying all those who have a shit diet and who are over weight they can't get help or people who chose to smoke or drink do drugs shouldn't get help either... Life is all about choices and everyone should be able to make their own. With out that kind of remark"

Yes you can make choices, freely, but you should have to put up with the consequences thereafter, therefore choose to go non jab then no treatment is fair. You run the risk, you make your choices.

As much as choice is free, so is any remark I make, if you don’t like it then are proposing a state where free speech or anything which you do not sanction is not allowed!

Are we in North Korea? China?

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

It’s a nonsense.

Well it's been around for longer than two weeks, I don't see a Tsunami of deaths in South Africa!

Average age in South Africa 27

Average age here 41

Plus I don't think they're as addicted to junk food as we are , generally.

So it's hard to compare the two sets of results."

The whole cannot compare UK and South Africa is an interesting thing.

SA has younger population, lower population destiny but also a significantly lower vaccination rate.

By *ayarMan
over a year ago

Wirral

Man falls off ladder

Not exactly small print and never has been. Apart from the first few months theyve always been deaths within 28 days of positive test. There are many things to be sceptical about. But the death figures reporting isn't one of them. "

Don’t you think when the cause of death is 100% nothing to do with covid but they have tested positive 4 weeks before it’s ok to add them to the covid numbers

Always seemed very wrong to me

Obviously not in here

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

Man falls off ladder

Not exactly small print and never has been. Apart from the first few months theyve always been deaths within 28 days of positive test. There are many things to be sceptical about. But the death figures reporting isn't one of them.

Don’t you think when the cause of death is 100% nothing to do with covid but they have tested positive 4 weeks before it’s ok to add them to the covid numbers

Obviously not in here

"

There are different ways the number of covid deaths are estimated. None will be perfect but they all broadly. What about people who take more than 4 weeks to die from covid? They are not recorded in the 4 week numbers but are recorded else where just like your people who get hit by a bus after testing positive are recorded in the 4 week data but not in other sets of data.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Man falls off ladder

Obviously not in here

"

Well no not when that's the definition of it. The other way of counting which takes longer is that which comes from where it is mentioned on the death certificate. Probably more accurate but figures are delayed by as long as it takes to be manually collated.

Both are available.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Man falls off ladder

Obviously not in here

There are different ways the number of covid deaths are estimated. None will be perfect but they all broadly. What about people who take more than 4 weeks to die from covid? They are not recorded in the 4 week numbers but are recorded else where just like your people who get hit by a bus after testing positive are recorded in the 4 week data but not in other sets of data."

Ah the old got hit by a bus death.

over a year ago

In 2019 in England alone there were 18 suicides everyday of the year...didn't see the government bending over backwards to eradicate that particular 'pandemic'

By *irminghamlady08Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere over the Rainbow

In 2019 in England alone there were 18 suicides everyday of the year...didn't see the government bending over backwards to eradicate that particular 'pandemic'"

over a year ago

Tyranny is like having bad breath, it’s happening right under your own nose but you do not even notice it but everyone else does !!

By *ilver Fox 60Man
over a year ago

Southport

This is the only global pandemic we have lived through. It's not flu.

over a year ago

In 2019 in England alone there were 18 suicides everyday of the year...didn't see the government bending over backwards to eradicate that particular 'pandemic' "

Well said… real life issues being ignored and swept under the carpet as the tyrannical games continue and 80% of the population and a high percentage of people on these forums remain totally asleep to what is really going on atm…. Maybe they will eventually wake up when they come to take their house away from them ? who knows what it will take until they realise that we have all been lied to and strung along from the start !

over a year ago

That’s an absolutely great piece you have written there sir , in total agreement with you , seems to me people have lost the ability to logically register what’s occurring

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

I realised from the beginning in April 2020 it never added up …. And got ridiculed on here for it … Trying to get people to look beyond the narrative but most people have lost the ability to question it seems ……

By *minorMan
over a year ago

deed

It was pretty clear by maybe June 20 that the hospitals were nowhere near being overwhelmed yet its still parroted to this day, nothing more than a scare tactic.

Also the bit about the sick and vulnerable, i dont recall anyone with the attitude of “its only them that will die” like that was acceptable.

From the start it was all about shielding them.

You cannot shut a whole country (pretty much the world) due to a virus that posses little risk to the large majority.

How dare people match for freedoms they have had taking from them, when any sane and logical person that looks at the world can see life is pretty much normal with little to worry about, meanwhile a massive fear campaign is being waged by governments and certain media and its gripped soo many.

over a year ago

In 2019 in England alone there were 18 suicides everyday of the year...didn't see the government bending over backwards to eradicate that particular 'pandemic' "

And not to mention the thousands of people that have suffered due to lack of cancer treatments

over a year ago

In 2019 in England alone there were 18 suicides everyday of the year...didn't see the government bending over backwards to eradicate that particular 'pandemic'

And not to mention the thousands of people that have suffered due to lack of cancer treatments"

Covid was the leading cause of death in 2020. That's why it gets focus.

I also Suspect if the government could "control" suicides, Alzheimer's and cancer as easily as Covid, then they would end over backwards for it.

But even then there will be people rebelling. See NZ banning cigarettes for evidence.

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

And not to mention the thousands of people that have suffered due to lack of cancer treatments

I also Suspect if the government could "control" suicides, Alzheimer's and cancer as easily as Covid, then they would end over backwards for it.

But even then there will be people rebelling. See NZ banning cigarettes for evidence. "

Anyone dying of anything that happened to have tested positive for COVID was registered as a COVID related death. The figures are wholly unreliable

over a year ago

But even then there will be people rebelling. See NZ banning cigarettes for evidence.

Anyone dying of anything that happened to have tested positive for COVID was registered as a COVID related death. The figures are wholly unreliable"

this is based on death certificates and leading cause. AFAIK the "hit by the bus" wouldnt have covid as being leading cause.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

And not to mention the thousands of people that have suffered due to lack of cancer treatments"

I don't understand why the nhs seems to have come to a standstill for the last 2 years. I mean I get it in the first few months when it was crazy... But admissions are low apparently... Deaths lower apparently...surely the nhs can cope with more than 7000 patients?

over a year ago

I don't understand why the nhs seems to have come to a standstill for the last 2 years. I mean I get it in the first few months when it was crazy... But admissions are low apparently... Deaths lower apparently...surely the nhs can cope with more than 7000 patients? "

having to segregate wards, clean down wards etc has meant that they can't run as many beds (despite them physically being there). Add in running on lower staffing levels (as a number will be isolating at any given time) and the breaking point is lower.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

I don't understand why the nhs seems to have come to a standstill for the last 2 years. I mean I get it in the first few months when it was crazy... But admissions are low apparently... Deaths lower apparently...surely the nhs can cope with more than 7000 patients? "

The NHS was at breaking point before Covid. Their staff are affected by the same illness as their patients (18,000 off sick last week as reported in the news today). The staff who aren’t out of work due to illness are burned out by fighting a pandemic for two years, and the effects of a Conservative government for eleven.

It’s all cumulative.

over a year ago

When you have a NHS that has been chronically underfunded for the last decade, fewer doctors and nurses (many of those now off sick), trainee nurse bursaries removed, Universities fined for taking on too many doctor graduates, hospitals running at pretty much capacity 365 days a year then it doesnt take much to push it over the edge and into the abyss.

Remember the tories cheering and clapping at the below inflation pay award for NHS staff .... if you need to look anywhere as to why the NHS is struggling then look to our lords n masters who no doubt have cushy private care sorted.

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

Because 7000 is more than the critical beds available in the nhs. All those elective procedure can’t go ahead unless they know that an ICU bed will be available if required. Also many of the ICU beds will be taken up with the usual emergency patients.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I don't understand why the nhs seems to have come to a standstill for the last 2 years. I mean I get it in the first few months when it was crazy... But admissions are low apparently... Deaths lower apparently...surely the nhs can cope with more than 7000 patients? having to segregate wards, clean down wards etc has meant that they can't run as many beds (despite them physically being there). Add in running on lower staffing levels (as a number will be isolating at any given time) and the breaking point is lower. "

Cleaning and segregating infection is a new thing for covid? No wonder we struggled so much. Staff levels I get... Surely the rest should be normal operating procedures

Post new Message to Thread