Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Everyone is different.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There are no two people on the planet with the same skin, eyes, hair or DNA.

There are no two people on the planet with the same thoughts or feelings.

There are no two people on the planet with the same path.

This means that uniqueness sits at the very heart of what it means to be human.

Uniqueness is the reason Coronavirus affects people differently; why one person feels crap for two days before bouncing back, while another gets put on a respirator. Everyone is different.

But denial of uniqueness is everywhere now, and is certainly behind the lockdown and vaccination policies, both attempts to treat everyone the same in order to control a disease that affects everyone differently.

Too many now are comfortable with compliance and coercion, too many with the view that if you disagree with popular narrative you are in some way wrong.

It saddens me that we've come to this, people that would otherwise have no reason to dislike one another being vilify because of their uniqueness, their choices, their beliefs.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uckscpl_bi_femCouple
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Same with Brexit and Trump etc..

Divide and rule sadly

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just when i thought the whole world was becoming more sympathetic to minorities and standing up for them. Unvaxed folks are getting a terrible time from the majority.

By *uckscpl_bi_femCouple
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"Just when i thought the whole world was becoming more sympathetic to minorities and standing up for them. Unvaxed folks are getting a terrible time from the majority. "

I now just let people assume that I am fully vaccinated, work colleagues, neighbours etc.. it’s easier I’m not jabbed and never will be but it seems the unvaccinated are now the dregs of the human race unfortunately

over a year ago

"Just when i thought the whole world was becoming more sympathetic to minorities and standing up for them. Unvaxed folks are getting a terrible time from the majority. "

Not only the unvaxed but just having an open mind and an opinion to see inside and outside the box

over a year ago

"Just when i thought the whole world was becoming more sympathetic to minorities and standing up for them. Unvaxed folks are getting a terrible time from the majority.

I now just let people assume that I am fully vaccinated, work colleagues, neighbours etc.. it’s easier I’m not jabbed and never will be but it seems the unvaccinated are now the dregs

of the human race unfortunately "

i 'identify' as being jabbed. I just hope that nobody oppresses me. I can self identify? ...right?

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

It’s fine to be unique and exercise ones choice, but so many just can’t leave things as their choice , they have to spam social media etc with spurious sources of disinformation, trying to influence others, We are still in the middle of a pandemic, not scamdemic, and so people have to realise that their choices in life may be limited, for their own benefit and those of others.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Agreed to many keyboard warriors throwing insults at people for having their own oppinions/choices these days! X

By *udistcpl1Couple
over a year ago

Wirral

OP - Who cares?

over a year ago

Apart from the fact that identical twins DO have the same DNA, you're broadly correct.

However, we are more similar than different, that's why so many are currently hospitalised and why 140,000 people in this country are dead due to this virus. It's because of this that those of us who take responsibility for keeping the vulnerable safe, will get jabbed and wear masks.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"OP - Who cares?"

Well though through, considerate response right there.

Underlines the latter message of the post rather.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"There are no two people on the planet with the same skin, eyes, hair or DNA.

Uniqueness is the reason Coronavirus affects people differently; why one person feels crap for two days before bouncing back, while another gets put on a respirator. Everyone is different.

But denial of uniqueness is everywhere now, and is certainly behind the lockdown and vaccination policies, both attempts to treat everyone the same in order to control a disease that affects everyone differently.

Too many now are comfortable with compliance and coercion, too many with the view that if you disagree with popular narrative you are in some way wrong.

It saddens me that we've come to this, people that would otherwise have no reason to dislike one another being vilify because of their uniqueness, their choices, their beliefs."

Beautiful post xxxxx

By *udistcpl1Couple
over a year ago

Wirral

"OP - Who cares?

Underlines the latter message of the post rather."

The point is that who cares about selfish, self centred worthless people who start moaning and whining because they have been asked to take a jab and wear a mask. There is way too much air time being given to people like this.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"OP - Who cares?

The point is that who cares about selfish, self centred worthless people who start moaning and whining because they have been asked to take a jab and wear a mask. There is way too much air time being given to people like this."

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"OP - Who cares?

The point is that who cares about selfish, self centred worthless people who start moaning and whining because they have been asked to take a jab and wear a mask. There is way too much air time being given to people like this."

Absolutely.

People are actually comparing themselves to oppressed minorities because they've chosen not to follow scientific advice and other people think that's stupid? So utterly cringey.

By *inja 636Man
over a year ago

Grays

fuck it they saved christmas hurrah

over a year ago

"OP - Who cares?

Worthless because they choose to have a different opinion to you, some don't have the choice.

In your opinion should we be living in a country that is forcing people to be vaccinated ?

By *udistcpl1Couple
over a year ago

Wirral

"OP - Who cares?

The point is that who cares about selfish, self centred worthless people who start moaning and whining because they have been asked to take a jab and wear a mask. There is way too much air time being given to people like this.

Worthless because they choose to have a different opinion to you, some don't have the choice.

In your opinion should we be living in a country that is forcing people to be vaccinated ?"

Some don't have the choice. Like who? The real number will be very small proportion and obviously the medically exempt are fine.

No not forcing. I would simply remove the rights from the people who refuse because they are wilfully taking away rights from the majority. Yes the virus can spread amongst the vaccinated but that is at a greatly reduced rate and mask wearing reduces spread by more than 50%. The vaccinated mask wearing proportion of the public have at least done what they can to help avoid spreading the virus. The others just moan and propose what can only be described as absolute shite about their rights.

By *ent doggerMan
over a year ago

kent

I wear a mask. Have done since the end of the first lock down. Had first and second jab too.

Will not have a booster though as I believe the first 2 jabs have caused me some serious health issues.

I don't think my body can take any more jabs. Does it make me selfish? I don't really care if it does or don't.

Everyone is different yes and everyone has their own reasons for getting/not getting jabbed up.

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

"

If this was true, you'd end up with a population of such highly unique individuals that no two are alike in thought, mind or being.

And that's clearly not the case. Because our needs and drives distill down very succinctly and categorise courtesy of Maslow.

We're (mostly) social animals and have more in common with each other than without.

A highly individualistic world of people as you suggest offers no evolutionary advantage to survival. If anything, it compels it to failure by valuing the individual over society.

I posit that whilst our specific amalgamation of DNA and stored memories and experiences may be unique, we as actual physical animals are not.

I'd also wager many of the experiences and backgrounds which shaped us as adults are also identical to huge amounts of other people's.

The places and the names may be different, but that's not uniqueness.

The fact remains however...we cohabit the planet with others. We have common shared ground, proximity, dependence, needs, desires, requirements.

Survival needs cooperation, and empathy fosters understanding.

Science dispels ignorance.

Empathy tolerates diversity.

And Cooperation plans a meaningful route for all.

In a highly individualistic, dare I say "Selfish" world, people get left behind.

Bridging the cognitive dissonance is key to their survival and ours.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

We are unique and, notwithstanding this, our differences are, by and large, insignificant in the great scheme of things. Thankfully, expert research evidence transcends those unique differences, allowing us to understand what works for the common good. There are certainly outliers within most populations and we are usually able to remain inclusive of those, because we generally don't just want what is best for 1 individual but for all of us.

It's a given that we are all different. It's potentially more demanding for us to put differences aside and to commit to only being together with all, no ifs or buts.

over a year ago

Correct that’s because Advaita is the truth.

By *igNick1381Man
over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"OP - Who cares?

In your opinion should we be living in a country that is forcing people to be vaccinated ?

Some don't have the choice. Like who? The real number will be very small proportion and obviously the medically exempt are fine.

No not forcing. I would simply remove the rights from the people who refuse because they are wilfully taking away rights from the majority. Yes the virus can spread amongst the vaccinated but that is at a greatly reduced rate and mask wearing reduces spread by more than 50%. The vaccinated mask wearing proportion of the public have at least done what they can to help avoid spreading the virus. The others just moan and propose what can only be described as absolute shite about their rights."

'I would simply remove the rights'

They aren't yours to remove are they you little goose stepper

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

Give some people an anonymous platform and they will spout the biggest load of shit they wouldn't think of doing in person and in public not because they believe it but because they can

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

It saddens me that we've come to this, people that would otherwise have no reason to dislike one another being vilify because of their uniqueness, their choices, their beliefs."

We haven't come to this, it's happened all long sadly. But well said

By *igNick1381Man
over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"Give some people an anonymous platform and they will spout the biggest load of shit they wouldn't think of doing in person and in public not because they believe it but because they can"

Agreed

Not only does it amaze me how many people believe in such ludicrous thing's as 'theres chips in the vaccines to track us' (whilst oddly being unfazed by the GPS in their mobile phone lol) but there's a lot of people who seem quite happy to display shocking amounts of authoritarianism in their beliefs

Post new Message to Thread