Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Heart attacks at sports events

Jump to newest

By *otswoldguy911 OP   Man
over a year ago

gloucestershire

Alarmingly another 2 at tonight’s prem games … what is happening ? Why so many ? Why aren’t we allowed to talk about it? Trevor Sinclair was cut off talksport for asking the question !

Very strange indeed !

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *pookymanMan
over a year ago

Stockport

"Alarmingly another 2 at tonight’s prem games … what is happening ? Why so many ? Why aren’t we allowed to talk about it? Trevor Sinclair was cut off talksport for asking the question !

Very strange indeed ! "

Because they don’t want people thinking that there might be some correlation between the jabs and sports people dropping like flies. Gotta be a coincidence eh?!

Reply privately

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Also Arina Biktimirova, and Scotland women's international rugby player Siobhan Cattigan

I don't ever remember this many sports people being taken ill or dying.

Reply privately

By *ornynorfolkguyMan
over a year ago

North Norfolk

Seriously!! Why is this even here??

The law of averages must come in to play here?

Employ a bit of rational thinking people

Reply privately

By *pookymanMan
over a year ago

Stockport

"Seriously!! Why is this even here??

Employ a bit of rational thinking people "

Rational thinking? What’s rational about over 100 sports people dying or having career ending health events? There has been well over a 100 in the last month or so. And if you don’t believe me or any of the other posters go and have a dig into yourself.

Reply privately

over a year ago

gloucestershire

"Alarmingly another 2 at tonight’s prem games … what is happening ? Why so many ? Why aren’t we allowed to talk about it? Trevor Sinclair was cut off talksport for asking the question !

Very strange indeed ! "

Not just the sports men and woman … the fans too!!!

Reply privately

By *elshGBCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Rational thinking? What’s rational about over 100 sports people dying or having career ending health events? There has been well over a 100 in the last month or so. And if you don’t believe me or any of the other posters go and have a dig into yourself. "

Yeah just google

"More young footballers dying of heart problems than thought, FA study finds"

and read the Guardian article. Very interesting.

(Wed 8th August, 2018)

Reply privately

By *ent_guy_30Man
over a year ago

kent

It makes you wonder about the overall average of people being taken into hospital with heart problems..? You know the ones that the figures will NEVER get released on. They can’t cover up what happens on live tv at a football stadium. Both extremely healthy athletes and the fans.

Wonder how much of this is happening daily that won’t reach the media

Reply privately

By *ornynorfolkguyMan
over a year ago

North Norfolk

Rational thinking? What’s rational about over 100 sports people dying or having career ending health events? There has been well over a 100 in the last month or so. And if you don’t believe me or any of the other posters go and have a dig into yourself.

Yeah just google

(Wed 8th August, 2018)"

If it’s in the guardian it must be BS!

Reply privately

By *ittlechick77Couple
over a year ago

Staines

The two incidents tonight were fans in the crowd they weren't footballers on the pitch,

Reply privately

By *pookymanMan
over a year ago

Stockport

"It makes you wonder about the overall average of people being taken into hospital with heart problems..? You know the ones that the figures will NEVER get released on. They can’t cover up what happens on live tv at a football stadium. Both extremely healthy athletes and the fans.

Wonder how much of this is happening daily that won’t reach the media "

There’s a lot that doesn’t get covered because of it did people might start to wake up and realise something very wrong is happening.

Reply privately

By *pookymanMan
over a year ago

Stockport

"The two incidents tonight were fans in the crowd they weren't footballers on the pitch,"

And how many fans is that in the last 2 weeks? Or don’t they count?

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

You are assuming they’ve had the vaccine ?

The numbers in the premier league are low on those that have taken it.

Why this is happening does need to be looked at, as incidents has been on the increase through the years, but could just be down to their training regime, genetics etc

Reply privately

By *ent_guy_30Man
over a year ago

kent

Exactly. I haven’t been jabbed at all I’ve been waiting to see what’s going to happen. What the long term side effects are. Waiting for a proper approval etc etc. I am very very glad to see and hear people are slowly coming to the realisation that something isn’t right.

IMO it really isn’t.

Reply privately

By *pookymanMan
over a year ago

Stockport

"Exactly. I haven’t been jabbed at all I’ve been waiting to see what’s going to happen. What the long term side effects are. Waiting for a proper approval etc etc. I am very very glad to see and hear people are slowly coming to the realisation that something isn’t right.

IMO it really isn’t. "

You are correct. The other thing many people don’t realise is that these jabs are in phase 3 clinical trials until 2023. So anyone taking them is in effect a guinea pig. But the government and mainstream media wouldn’t tell people that cos chances are most people wouldn’t want to take part in a medical experiment because not enough research had gone into it to ensure it was safe!

Crazy eh?!

Reply privately

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

“And the unjabbed will inherit the earth..”

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"Exactly. I haven’t been jabbed at all I’ve been waiting to see what’s going to happen. What the long term side effects are. Waiting for a proper approval etc etc. I am very very glad to see and hear people are slowly coming to the realisation that something isn’t right.

IMO it really isn’t.

You are correct. The other thing many people don’t realise is that these jabs are in phase 3 clinical trials until 2023. So anyone taking them is in effect a guinea pig. But the government and mainstream media wouldn’t tell people that cos chances are most people wouldn’t want to take part in a medical experiment because not enough research had gone into it to ensure it was safe!

Crazy eh?! "

Totally wrong!!!!

How many vaccines are there? Is the date you mentioned applicable to them all? No, some are 2022.

Phase 3 trials are over. They finished autumn 2020. The phase 3 trials provide enough data for approval. The covid vaccine trials had some of the largest numbers of participants ever used at this stage.

They are in phase 4 now...this is the process all drugs and vaccines go through.

Reply privately

By *pookymanMan
over a year ago

Stockport

IMO it really isn’t.

Crazy eh?!

Totally wrong!!!!

How many vaccines are there? Is the date you mentioned applicable to them all? No, some are 2022.

Phase 3 trials are over. They finished autumn 2020. The phase 3 trials provide enough data for approval. The covid vaccine trials had some of the largest numbers of participants ever used at this stage.

They are in phase 4 now...this is the process all drugs and vaccines go through.

"

Nope, sorry, you’re wrong.

Proof they’re all still in their experimental phases.

If the number of people given the real vaccines is so low that makes the ratio of those with adverse effects VAST??

Here are the clinical trial end dates for the experimental Pfizer, Moderna & Oxford AstraZeneca mRNA/DNA technologies:

?Pfizer mRNA BNT162b1: 31 Jan. 2023

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04368728

?Moderna mRNA-1273: 27 Oct. 2022

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04470427

?Oxford AstraZeneca AZD1222: 14 Feb. 2023

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04516746

Even on our own government website it tells you that these jabs only have E.U.A. Emergency Use Authorisation.

Reply privately

By *elshGBCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

IMO it really isn’t.

Crazy eh?!

Totally wrong!!!!

If the number of people given the real vaccines is so low that makes the ratio of those with adverse effects VAST??

Here are the clinical trial end dates for the experimental Pfizer, Moderna & Oxford AstraZeneca mRNA/DNA technologies:

Even on our own government website it tells you that these jabs only have E.U.A. Emergency Use Authorisation. "

Ermmmm.....let's follow your logic to a conclusion. Once a drug has been approved and passed phase 3, we shouldnt use it until it's passed phase 4?

We'd never actually have any new drugs. Period! By now we'd have had well over 0.25 million deaths in the UK alone, and we'd still be in lockdown.

Be thankfull enough others have had the jab, enabling the NHS to start to recover from the god awful couple of years they've had, which means you might actually be able to call upon them should you ever need medical treatment (assuming you trust them enough to seek their help of course).

Reply privately

By *pookymanMan
over a year ago

Stockport

IMO it really isn’t.

Crazy eh?!

Totally wrong!!!!

Even on our own government website it tells you that these jabs only have E.U.A. Emergency Use Authorisation.

Ermmmm.....let's follow your logic to a conclusion. Once a drug has been approved and passed phase 3, we shouldnt use it until it's passed phase 4?

We'd never actually have any new drugs. Period! By now we'd have had well over 0.25 million deaths in the UK alone, and we'd still be in lockdown.

Be thankfull enough others have had the jab, enabling the NHS to start to recover from the god awful couple of years they've had, which means you might actually be able to call upon them should you ever need medical treatment (assuming you trust them enough to seek their help of course).

"

Jeez, even when you’re shown the pharmaceutical companies own information you still don’t believe it. Unbelievable. You have been well and truly sucked in. You do know how long it normally takes to create a vaccine don’t you? You do know that this one has skipped animal trials, for the first time in history. So who do you think they’re testing it on?? All the people that have had the jab are the rest subjects. And so far there has been nearly 2000 deaths in this country alone and that’s according to the yellow card system. And if you look at VAERS for the states they’re up to around 17,000 deaths and over half a million adverse effects. And these sites get underreported on.

If only people would turn off the TV and do some research you’d find out so much about what’s really going on and maybe might not be so keen to take part in a drug trial.

Reply privately

By *eardsandboobsCouple
over a year ago

isle of wight festival

"You are assuming they’ve had the vaccine ?

Why this is happening does need to be looked at, as incidents has been on the increase through the years, but could just be down to their training regime, genetics etc "

If you Google sudden cardiac death SCD in athletes there’s loads of information on why it happens to athletes. Also if you look at the wiki page for it there is an extensive list of famous sports stars that have died from it pre covid.

And people forget that sports stars are known to go off the rails and have sniffing parties and some take steroids.

The list that is circulating has body builders and wrestlers on it. And a quick look at the wwe hall of fame shows most wrestlers have died from SCD long before covid was thought about.

Reply privately

By *ary_ArgyllMan
over a year ago

Argyll

Why do you expect no-one to die following vaccination, given how many million doses given some people will die for normal reasons in the weeks following, nothing to do with the vaccine except for very rare cases. You do realise in UK about half a million people die each year.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Reply privately

By *exyMPCouple
over a year ago

SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

Yeah just google

(Wed 8th August, 2018)"

2018 !! If the inference is COVID related, then isn't it called COVID 19 for a reason !! Just saying

Reply privately

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

IMO it really isn’t. "

I agree, it all seems to be rushed.

Yeh science has progressed and has better tools but humans haven't evolved that much and could be a case of unable to keep up with viruses and the remedies.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Also Arina Biktimirova, and Scotland women's international rugby player Siobhan Cattigan

I don't ever remember this many sports people being taken ill or dying."

They weren't sports people they were people in the crowd though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't go to football matches but I was speaking to a friend about this this evening who is a season ticket holder. He said in all the years he has been going to the football he has seen incidents like this dozens and dozens of times. He was at one of the matches that got suspended tonight.

He said this is the 1st time play has been suspended and thinks it has a lot to do with what happened to Ericsson. In the past when people have had heart attacks or been taken seriously ill in the stands play has continued.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Has anyone blamed Brexit yet??..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Has anyone blamed Brexit yet??.. "

Not yet.

Reply privately

By *perfectpair5050Couple
over a year ago

marlbourgh

Rational thinking? What’s rational about over 100 sports people dying or having career ending health events? There has been well over a 100 in the last month or so. And if you don’t believe me or any of the other posters go and have a dig into yourself. "

. 100 sports stars dying in the last month where did you get that information please

Reply privately

over a year ago

I heard from an insider that Fabrice Muamba was on the vaccine years ago that’s why he had heart problems and Marc-Vivien Foé

Reply privately

over a year ago

marlbourgh

Sorry I was hoping for sensible answer

Reply privately

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS
over a year ago

Newquay

"

Yeah just google

(Wed 8th August, 2018)"

So before Covid then?

Reply privately

over a year ago

marlbourgh

So he had a heart attack from a vaccine that hadn’t been made you need to help me on that one sorry

Reply privately

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS
over a year ago

Newquay

" 100 sports stars dying in the last month where did you get that information please"

Yeah - wouldn't mind seeing a link to that info/article...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So he had a heart attack from a vaccine that hadn’t been made you need to help me on that one sorry"

I’m taking the piss as this has been happening for years and isn’t a new story and anyway linked to the vaccine

Reply privately

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm not sure why this is in the Virus Forum, the phenonium of professional athletes having heart problems has been discussed and studied for decades.

On Wikipedia there is a list of footballers who died whilst playing, the list starts in 1889 but by the 1990's the most common cause of deaths is heart attacks.

The pure fact is that professional athletes push their bodies to do extreme things and during competitive sport the desire to push for the ultimate performance is at it's greatest.

It is a well known fact that MANY professional athletes have loads of health issues later in life as a result of the extreme physical loads their bodies have endured at their competitive prime.

Cal

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

Very strange indeed ! "

The person at Southampton didn't have a heart attack, they had a seizure.

Depressing to see sad events like these setting off another round of conspiracies.

Reply privately

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Heart and circulatory diseases cause a quarter of all deaths in the UK, that’s more than 160,000 deaths each year – an average of 460 deaths each day or one every three minutes in the UK.

Do you know what links every one of them? Something the "media" will not report. Something the Government don't want you to know. They ALL eat and drink!! If you want to live you must stop now!!

Reply privately

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Rational thinking? What’s rational about over 100 sports people dying or having career ending health events? There has been well over a 100 in the last month or so. And if you don’t believe me or any of the other posters go and have a dig into yourself. . 100 sports stars dying in the last month where did you get that information please"

There was a list being circulated on facebook recently, listing all of the "athletes" who had died "due to the vaccine". The list included many teenagers, and plenty who had died prior to the release of the vaccines to their age groups. In fact, there were only a few that you could even find any evidence that they had been vaccinated at all. The list of people also included those who had died from heatstroke, on-field collision, suicide... and the athletes included retired players and even the odd Golf Caddie.

The current list of "Celebrities" (you would presume that sports starts are celebrities) who have died in 2021 is only 92 people, and contains very few sports people.

Cal

Reply privately

over a year ago

gloucestershire

Why this is happening does need to be looked at, as incidents has been on the increase through the years, but could just be down to their traini be ng

regime, genetics etc "

No not assuming but there should be a thorough investigation … agree?

Reply privately

over a year ago

gloucestershire

Why this is happening does need to be looked at, as incidents has been on the increase through the years, but could just be down t B o their training regime, genetics etc

If you Google sudden cardiac death SCD in athletes there’s loads of information on why it happens to athletes. Also if you look at the wiki page for it there is an extensive list of famous sports stars that have died from it pre covid.

And people forget that sports stars are known to go off the rails and have sniffing parties and some take steroids.

The list that is circulating has body builders and wrestlers on it. And a quick look at the wwe hall of fame shows most wrestlers have died from SCD long before covid was thought about.

"

Never mind let’s not investigate then and assume they are all sniffing ! Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

gloucestershire

"Also Arina Biktimirova, and Scotland women's international rugby player Siobhan Cattigan

They weren't sports people they were people in the crowd though. "

Oh never mind then … what about the 2 fans last week and the week before that? Not sports people never mind then! Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

Why this is happening does need to be looked at, as incidents has been on the increase through the years, but could just be down to their traini be ng

regime, genetics etc

No not assuming but there should be a thorough investigation … agree?"

I’m sure each case is looked at thoroughly, if they can find out why it happens to try and prevent it in the future, that would be great.

However, heart problems can go undetected until it’s too late in all walks of life.

Reply privately

over a year ago

gloucestershire

"I heard from an insider that Fabrice Muamba was on the vaccine years ago that’s why he had heart problems and Marc-Vivien Foé "

Never mind then … false alarm let’s forget about it and not investingate. …. What are you people on ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

Oh never mind then … what about the 2 fans last week and the week before that? Not sports people never mind then! Lol"

Again this is something that has been happening for years. The game used to continue whilst the spectator was dealt with, all that knew about it was the individuals in the stand with them. Now the game is getting stopped people are just more aware of it.

Reply privately

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

I've attended thousands of football and cricket matches, and have seen maybe 20 medical emergencies in the crowd.

Play continued as they were dealt with by medical staff.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The prevalence of Congenital Heart Disease in the general population is roughly 0.38 per 1000. This means that, at a match where there is a crowd of 10,000 at least 3 people have it. It's astounding that it doesn't happen at every match.

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

IMO it really isn’t. "

So what will you put it down to if you have a heart attack tomorrow? Coming into contact with someone who's had the vaccine?

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I heard from an insider that Fabrice Muamba was on the vaccine years ago that’s why he had heart problems and Marc-Vivien Foé

Never mind then … false alarm let’s forget about it and not investingate. …. What are you people on ?"

Investigate what? Vaccines aren't a new discovery.

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

regime, genetics etc

No not assuming but there should be a thorough investigation … agree?

I’m sure each case is looked at thoroughly, if they can find out why it happens to try and prevent it in the future, that would be great.

However, heart problems can go undetected until it’s too late in all walks of life. "

Phew, the voice of reason, well said!

Wonder how many anti-vaxxers have had heart attacks in the last two years...or died due to C19?

Reply privately

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"“And the unjabbed will inherit the earth..”

"

Frankly if it means the unjabbed will inherit the earth I would not want live to see that day.

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Oh never mind then … what about the 2 fans last week and the week before that? Not sports people never mind then! Lol"

Your logic stands up to no scrutiny whatsoever.

Think about it...how many sporting events take place in the UK?

How many thousands of people does that involve, many in a state of heightened excitement?

I'm surprised if only two such incidents occur every weekend.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Fuck me this is the most tenuously linked virus thread ever

Reply privately

By *all me FlikWoman
over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"Fuck me this is the most tenuously linked virus thread ever "

....and that's saying something

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I don't go to football matches but I was speaking to a friend about this this evening who is a season ticket holder. He said in all the years he has been going to the football he has seen incidents like this dozens and dozens of times. He was at one of the matches that got suspended tonight.

He said this is the 1st time play has been suspended and thinks it has a lot to do with what happened to Ericsson. In the past when people have had heart attacks or been taken seriously ill in the stands play has continued. "

^^^This. I've seen tons of medical incidents at football grounds over the years, with SJA volunteers running into the crowd etc. But I've not attended a match since Feb 2020... Put simply, there's now greater coverage of such incidents and they now seem to stop play if there's an incident in the crowd, which I have never seen happen before (in person).

Reply privately

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

regime, genetics etc

No not assuming but there should be a thorough investigation … agree?"

There always is an investigation ongoing on such events, you just don’t here about it every 5 minutes

Reply privately

By *ik MMan
over a year ago

Lancashire

That’s because I’m struggling to believe it’s happened at this rate before. In 40+ years of watching sport, in particular football I could count similar tragic incidents on 2 hands at the very most.

Now I don’t know if it’s vaccine related, coincidental, or down to reporting but it seems like a weekly occurrence right now. I am fully aware that in the 12 months or so we’ve had them vaccines have overwhelmingly done more good than harm but denying the existence of vaccine related health issues is not helpful to anyone.

Sweeping reports under the carpet only fuels the antivax agenda further and keeps debate off the table. Blind faith, or for that matter blind rejection is not a position of virtue

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

That’s because I’m struggling to believe it’s happened at this rate before. In 40+ years of watching sport, in particular football I could count similar tragic incidents on 2 hands at the very most.

Now I don’t know if it’s vaccine related, coincidental, or down to reporting but it seems like a weekly occurrence right now. I am fully aware that in the 12 months or so we’ve had them vaccines have overwhelmingly done more good than harm but denying the existence of vaccine related health issues is not helpful to anyone.

Sweeping reports under the carpet only fuels the antivax agenda further and keeps debate off the table. Blind faith, or for that matter blind rejection is not a position of virtue "

Inflating them with speculation and assumptions is equally as bad. It is terribly sad that people have died but there is no way we, the general public, will know the cause and no way we can know there is a link to the vaccines. Its just really is anti vax propaganda.

Reply privately

By *ik MMan
over a year ago

Lancashire

Sweeping reports under the carpet only fuels the antivax agenda further and keeps debate off the table. Blind faith, or for that matter blind rejection is not a position of virtue

Inflating them with speculation and assumptions is equally as bad. It is terribly sad that people have died but there is no way we, the general public, will know the cause and no way we can know there is a link to the vaccines. Its just really is anti vax propaganda. "

That’s because you’re approaching the issue from an entrenched standpoint, but thanks for proving my point

Reply privately

By *ean1962Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Only sensible response on this thread so far. I am vaccinated, but it seems to me that the whole country has been brainwashed, to agree with Boris and his merry men.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Inflating them with speculation and assumptions is equally as bad. It is terribly sad that people have died but there is no way we, the general public, will know the cause and no way we can know there is a link to the vaccines. Its just really is anti vax propaganda.

That’s because you’re approaching the issue from an entrenched standpoint, but thanks for proving my point"

And you're not? You're claiming that by me saying we have no proof this is linked to vaccines is evidence of anti vax propaganda is the same as me saying we shod sweep this under the carpet? You're wrong. We should stick to facts. The fact are people have died and that is all we know so far. Using this as another battering ram in the 'the vaccines are untested, they didn't do animal studies, its all experimemtal' argument is wrong and false information which is dangerous.

Reply privately

By *angerous123Man
over a year ago

Leeds

There's an increase in deaths from heart issue AT ALL AGES.

This isn't a conspiracy theory, it's happening. It's OK though because as this article says it's because we've all been sat around over eating...lol.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbctv18.com/views/heart-attack-instances-rose-in-2021-with-age-no-bar-heres-what-led-to-it-10937832.htm/amp

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I heard from an insider that Fabrice Muamba was on the vaccine years ago that’s why he had heart problems and Marc-Vivien Foé

Never mind then … false alarm let’s forget about it and not investingate. …. What are you people on ?"

See…. After the incidents with muamba and foe ( and it has happened to other’s just not as famous) the FA edict was that all football clubs from level 9 onwards had to have some sort of heart resuscitation equipment at hand in case of incidents… the ones involving the spectators were added on the law after the Christian eriksen incident in the summer

Also in the summer the government extended those same safety rules to all sports…..

So pointing it in the direction of covid is dangerous, without any evidence, and any understanding of the health and safety law changes….

This thread should be removed…..

Reply privately

By *ik MMan
over a year ago

Lancashire

That’s because you’re approaching the issue from an entrenched standpoint, but thanks for proving my point

And you're not? You're claiming that by me saying we have no proof this is linked to vaccines is evidence of anti vax propaganda is the same as me saying we shod sweep this under the carpet? You're wrong. We should stick to facts. The fact are people have died and that is all we know so far. Using this as another battering ram in the 'the vaccines are untested, they didn't do animal studies, its all experimemtal' argument is wrong and false information which is dangerous. "

If you could point out where I ever have said ‘ the vaccines are untested, they didn't do animal studies, its all experimemtal (sic)’ I would appreciate that. Feel free to trawl through the last 20 months worth of threads.

What I am saying is there appears to be an anomaly with professional athletes right now and all we are hearing is ‘nothing to see here’. It’s facts I want to see - not anecdotal evidence or rhetoric thanks

Reply privately

By *dysseusukMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

IMO it really isn’t.

Crazy eh?!

Totally wrong!!!!

Jeez, even when you’re shown the pharmaceutical companies own information you still don’t believe it. Unbelievable. You have been well and truly sucked in. You do know how long it normally takes to create a vaccine don’t you? You do know that this one has skipped animal trials, for the first time in history. So who do you think they’re testing it on?? All the people that have had the jab are the rest subjects. And so far there has been nearly 2000 deaths in this country alone and that’s according to the yellow card system. And if you look at VAERS for the states they’re up to around 17,000 deaths and over half a million adverse effects. And these sites get underreported on.

If only people would turn off the TV and do some research you’d find out so much about what’s really going on and maybe might not be so keen to take part in a drug trial. "

8.03 billion doses of vaccines have been delivered worldwide. In the UK, 115m doses have been given, with just 9 deaths directly related to the vaccine. Those deaths are tragic, but by comparison with the average mortality resulting from any drug, medicine, vaccine or treatment, this is a huge success. So if it's still an experimental vaccine, it's the biggest and most successful fooking experiment ever in human history! And given you are 36 time more likely to survive a Covid infection if you're vaccinated than if you're not, based on this massive sample size, you take your risks and I'll take mine, but stop the misinformation and bullshit.

Reply privately

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"“And the unjabbed will inherit the earth..”

Frankly if it means the unjabbed will inherit the earth I would not want live to see that day. "

The prequal to "The Walking Dead" started with masses of people refusing the vaccine. Not many people know that. Yup. See, it's real. Or did I just make that up?

Reply privately

By *esthetic21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Very strange indeed ! "

conspiracy theorist

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Very strange indeed ! "

It is probably because people seem to blame the jab when it could be anything including a Covid infection as that seems to cause heart problems for some

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Has anyone blamed Brexit yet??.. "
It wont be long mate.

Reply privately

By *ik MMan
over a year ago

Lancashire

Very strange indeed !

It is probably because people seem to blame the jab when it could be anything including a Covid infection as that seems to cause heart problems for some

"

Indeed it could be. Yet when 2 Boeing 737 Max’s fell out of the sky in a 5 month period guess what Boeing didn’t say - ‘we’ve had x number of flights without issue and successfully transported x million passengers. Nothing to see here’. No, they grounded their fleet and began investigating.

I’m not for a minute suggesting the vaccine rollout is halted, what I expect to see though is greater transparency and accountability. Planes crash, we know this yet it doesn’t stop me or the vast majority of people out there flying because the odds of it happening to me or you is incredibly rare. However the data if you want it is out there - not being swept under the carpet or silenced.

In the grand scheme of things vaccines are safe, I have no doubt…but how safe? For me the failure to publish a cost / benefit analysis (I presume they were conducted) regarding first of all lockdown and now vaccines is the biggest failure of this past 20 months

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Very strange indeed ! "

Because all clubs and sporting events have to have some sort of emergency plan… be that defibrillators, ambulance and hospitals on standby ect ect ect….

Where that plan was for players it now extends to supporters… so if someone were to have a major incident, they are almost in the right place to let a steward know, who can alert the club…to start treatment asap!

For example… there was an incident at Newcastle a few months ago… they had the defibrillators, an ambulance to take him to the RVI (2 minutes away) and staff waiting for him there….

Detailed Emergency action plan

You are hearing about it more now because that action takes place straight away… rather than in the old going to games days you would have heard they died at the next game….

I seen this happened at football games, at rugby games, heck I have heard of this at the snooker and the darts!

Reply privately

over a year ago

A Scotland women's rugby player also passed away suddenly this week, no cause of death mentioned...

If you don't think anything's going on here, you're in denial.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Very strange indeed !

Indeed it could be. Yet when 2 Boeing 737 Max’s fell out of the sky in a 5 month period guess what Boeing didn’t say - ‘we’ve had x number of flights without issue and successfully transported x million passengers. Nothing to see here’. No, they grounded their fleet and began investigating.

I’m not for a minute suggesting the vaccine rollout is halted, what I expect to see though is greater transparency and accountability. Planes crash, we know this yet it doesn’t stop me or the vast majority of people out there flying because the odds of it happening to me or you is incredibly rare. However the data if you want it is out there - not being swept under the carpet or silenced.

In the grand scheme of things vaccines are safe, I have no doubt…but how safe? For me the failure to publish a cost / benefit analysis (I presume they were conducted) regarding first of all lockdown and now vaccines is the biggest failure of this past 20 months"

To be honest I am not wanting to get into the discussion, I was just pointing out an obvious answer to the OP.

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"Heart and circulatory diseases cause a quarter of all deaths in the UK, that’s more than 160,000 deaths each year – an average of 460 deaths each day or one every three minutes in the UK.

Do you know what links every one of them? Something the "media" will not report. Something the Government don't want you to know. They ALL eat and drink!! If you want to live you must stop now!! "

Breathing. That's what does it.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"A Scotland women's rugby player also passed away suddenly this week, no cause of death mentioned...

If you don't think anything's going on here, you're in denial."

A rugby league player pass away after collapsing during a reserve grade game 2 years ago…. Your point being?????

Reply privately

By *lofeldMan
over a year ago

Redhill

"I don't go to football matches but I was speaking to a friend about this this evening who is a season ticket holder. He said in all the years he has been going to the football he has seen incidents like this dozens and dozens of times. He was at one of the matches that got suspended tonight.

He said this is the 1st time play has been suspended and thinks it has a lot to do with what happened to Ericsson. In the past when people have had heart attacks or been taken seriously ill in the stands play has continued. "

Exactly this. I'm a season ticket holder myself. People have been taken ill numerous times and it used to just carry on.

The difference now is that the club itself has the defibrillator and more medical staff on hand than ever and therefore get involved. Not so long ago you had just an ambulance parked outside.

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"A Scotland women's rugby player also passed away suddenly this week, no cause of death mentioned...

If you don't think anything's going on here, you're in denial."

Reply privately

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

The cause of death for Siobhan Cattigan hasn’t been released. It would be presumptuous to say it was a heart attack.

We hear about more deaths because of social media. Two fans having heart attacks may have made the local newspaper years ago but now they’re mentioned on social media everyone knows about it.

Even before covid people had heart attacks at sporting events, on golf courses, etc. Now it gets sensationalised and blown out of proportion.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

He said this is the 1st time play has been suspended and thinks it has a lot to do with what happened to Ericsson. In the past when people have had heart attacks or been taken seriously ill in the stands play has continued.

^^^This. I've seen tons of medical incidents at football grounds over the years, with SJA volunteers running into the crowd etc. But I've not attended a match since Feb 2020... Put simply, there's now greater coverage of such incidents and they now seem to stop play if there's an incident in the crowd, which I have never seen happen before (in person). "

Thank you for people pointing this out…. I am another who can vouch for seeing this numerous times at football games…. And actually have also seen this at rugby games as well!

As others have said I think the change is because of what happened to Erickson.. and then with the praise the staff got at Newcastle after the way they handled their incident, I think more supporters are aware of safety protocols at their clubs

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Heart attack rates are pretty much the same over the last five years, the age groups within those figures are also pretty much the same..

Reply privately

over a year ago

gloucestershire

Very strange indeed ! "

Look I didn’t even mention the vaccine !!! And look at the comments !!! Hahaha sums people up! … seriously tho I’m just asking for an investigation to keep people safe, IF it is the vaccine we should be allowed to ask and find out!!!

Not silenced and called conspiracy theorists … look out for one another people …

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

There will be stats on this. Just check the stats. Is there an unusually high number of sudden deaths among professionals

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Very strange indeed !

Look I didn’t even mention the vaccine !!! And look at the comments !!! Hahaha sums people up! … seriously tho I’m just asking for an investigation to keep people safe, IF it is the vaccine we should be allowed to ask and find out!!!

Not silenced and called conspiracy theorists … look out for one another people … "

If you want people to question things yoi gotta bring stats.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I think they are. It's not the first year we've ever played and watched elite sports.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Yeah just google

(Wed 8th August, 2018)

If it’s in the guardian it must be BS! "

That's a slightly different but nonetheless very serious issue...

Take a look at the "cry" (cardiac risk in the young) charity website. Theres some good information on there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

When I was at work due to the nature of my job the vaccine was a hot topic, but eventually we concluded that we would eventually be forced to take this vaccine.

So we all took it and then we concluded that if the government would eventually decide that our sector would need another jab we would leave on mass, which we now have, as it is law that a person can decide their own destiny and choose which medical intervention they wish to become involved with.

As we all have given this government powers over all of our lives, now is the time for theses powers to be resinded and power given back to us.

We are living in a dictatorship and we must stop this movement, covid only divides us so while we argue they pass laws in the middle of the night taking our rights away.

vacine has no purpose only makes you look the other way or become confused or reluctant.

its our rights as people that are in question here and the government wish to take theses rights away.

Reply privately

By *aintscoupleCouple
over a year ago

st helens

Very strange indeed ! "

Think its more likely to do with being overweight and unhealty than the vaccine!!!!!

Reply privately

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"When I was at work due to the nature of my job the vaccine was a hot topic, but eventually we concluded that we would eventually be forced to take this vaccine.

So we all took it and then we concluded that if the government would eventually decide that our sector would need another jab we would leave on mass, which we now have, as it is law that a person can decide their own destiny and choose which medical intervention they wish to become involved with.

As we all have given this government powers over all of our lives, now is the time for theses powers to be resinded and power given back to us.

We are living in a dictatorship and we must stop this movement, covid only divides us so while we argue they pass laws in the middle of the night taking our rights away.

vacine has no purpose only makes you look the other way or become confused or reluctant.

its our rights as people that are in question here and the government wish to take theses rights away.

"

So who is going to galvanise the response to the covid pandemic, should we do nothing?

Why do you think the government's objective is to 'take our rights away'?

Why do you describe the current administration as a 'dictatorship'?

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

And you're not? You're claiming that by me saying we have no proof this is linked to vaccines is evidence of anti vax propaganda is the same as me saying we shod sweep this under the carpet? You're wrong. We should stick to facts. The fact are people have died and that is all we know so far. Using this as another battering ram in the 'the vaccines are untested, they didn't do animal studies, its all experimemtal' argument is wrong and false information which is dangerous. "

The op didn't even mention vaccines. Just a pattern of events that is being closed down for discussion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

As for the elite sports deaths or near fatalities the first I saw was the World Cup, then weeks later internet commentators, and news groups which are independent from the mainstream started reporting deaths and medical emergencies a few of theses incidents are proven that the sportsperson had received the covid jab only a few as sports bodies started to refuse the covid status of theses sports persons.

I say look at new outlets that are away from the mainstream, that are not owned by the 1%, consider climate change as aswell as we need to change quickly to secure a future for those future generation.

lockdowns on the population that includes industry may well be in our futures.

Reply privately

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"There will be stats on this. Just check the stats. Is there an unusually high number of sudden deaths among professionals "

There isn't it's just reported more. See the also the great pop star die off of 2016.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do not have answers for you im afraid, I just look at what's happening for instance the famous 3 weeks to flatten the curbs, we are still here.

one rule for them another for us, when the government is caught in sneeze they just change the rules, I say we are heading in to a dictatorship as their own mp's 21 of them said so on Tuesday when they held the mask and travel vote the 24 against where 21 conservatives mp's 3 labour.

the response has been the biggest cash grab from the poor to the rich since ww2 trillions world wide, the 4 countries that did not instruct their population to wear masks and social distance at the start of the pandemic their leaders have die one which 1 was murdered.

So I suggest we respond ourselves, stop arguing get together and organise and stop voting for them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Considering I've seen no fucker fall to the ground and die of covid then maybe our priorities have been misdirected in terms of what consists of being pandemic. Apart from the videos projected from Wuhan that pushed a world of government leaders into lockstep decisions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/12/21 12:29:39]

Reply privately

over a year ago

And you're not? You're claiming that by me saying we have no proof this is linked to vaccines is evidence of anti vax propaganda is the same as me saying we shod sweep this under the carpet? You're wrong. We should stick to facts. The fact are people have died and that is all we know so far. Using this as another battering ram in the 'the vaccines are untested, they didn't do animal studies, its all experimemtal' argument is wrong and false information which is dangerous.

The op didn't even mention vaccines. Just a pattern of events that is being closed down for discussion. "

didn't Sinclair speak out about vaccines tho ? And this is posted in the vaccine forum (I assume that's where the OP posted).

Given we neither know vaccine status nor covid status I'm going to claim that they died of long covid related complications.

Which helps no-one really.

But for the record, sheff utd have said Fleck wasn't vaccine related. And Wyke wasn't even vaccinated.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Very strange indeed ! "

Because that is the 'private medical' and let's face it 'protection of members of their family and friends'. The football game is the entertainment not the heart attack victim.

Reply privately

By *eadingCouple1963Couple
over a year ago

Reading

"Considering I've seen no fucker fall to the ground and die of covid then maybe our priorities have been misdirected in terms of what consists of being pandemic. Apart from the videos projected from Wuhan that pushed a world of government leaders into lockstep decisions. "

Ever seen an aircraft crash in real life? Nope? Guess they must all be fabricated too…

Reply privately

over a year ago

IMO it really isn’t.

Crazy eh?!

Totally wrong!!!!

If only people would turn off the TV and do some research you’d find out so much about what’s really going on and maybe might not be so keen to take part in a drug trial. "

They didn't skip the trials on animals. The trials were done concurrently instead of sequentially, and animal trials were done.

I do my research. I auto-exclude anything from GB News/youtube/other-sh*t-sites. And facebook is a mecca for dimwits and dross-pots.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/12/21 13:00:56]

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

The op didn't even mention vaccines. Just a pattern of events that is being closed down for discussion. didn't Sinclair speak out about vaccines tho ? And this is posted in the vaccine forum (I assume that's where the OP posted).

Given we neither know vaccine status nor covid status I'm going to claim that they died of long covid related complications.

But for the record, sheff utd have said Fleck wasn't vaccine related. And Wyke wasn't even vaccinated.

"

But it might help. Knowing that covid contributed to it, or the vaccine, or neither. I think that's all the op is suggesting. That it's part of the conversation. Rather than being avoided or being written off as "nothing to see here".

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Just to add:

People are talking about the general issue of heart attacks in sport.

A quick Google search shows at least 4 science articles that talk about it - it's causes and possible preventions - for example:

Chapter:

Sports and Heart Disease

'Sports activity is recommended by the medical community because it improves fitness and reduces cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. However, physical exercise may precipitate acute fatalities in both adults and young competitive athletes with concealed heart diseases. ' April 2009.

There are lots of studies going on.

One actually even says:

'Sports is not the ‘per se’ cause of the enhanced mortality in this age group; rather, it acts as a trigger of cardiac arrest in those athletes who are affected by silent cardiovascular conditions, '

There is no conspiracy here, just an opening up of knowledge that is being reported more than it was previously.

Also a quick Wiki:

Lists

'The sudden cardiac deaths of 387 young American athletes (under age 35) were analyzed in a 2003 medical review:'

as far back as 2003.

Reply privately

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"I heard from an insider that Fabrice Muamba was on the vaccine years ago that’s why he had heart problems and Marc-Vivien Foé "

The covid vaccine that went into use in 2021, yes?

The virus forum, the land that common sense forgot.

Winston

Reply privately

over a year ago

In the 5 years before covid was even about I've been at two football matches where people have had heart attacks. I don't think it's that unusual. It just never got mentioned before as the games never got delayed or stopped. But we have to be careful these days as everyone is hyper sensitive and offered by everything

Reply privately

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

Absolutely this sports people do die whilst doing there sport

My dear old Dad died from a heart attack ( failure of the left ventricle) whilst he was training for a marathon stuff happens these unfortunate folk would have died covid or no covid

When your number is up then it's up

Reply privately

over a year ago

Should also mention that I've been a steward voluntarily for 20 years and medical emergencies are not in the slightest bit uncommon. At club I'm at we have 1 or 2 every season

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

The op didn't even mention vaccines. Just a pattern of events that is being closed down for discussion. didn't Sinclair speak out about vaccines tho ? And this is posted in the vaccine forum (I assume that's where the OP posted).

But it might help. Knowing that covid contributed to it, or the vaccine, or neither. I think that's all the op is suggesting. That it's part of the conversation. Rather than being avoided or being written off as "nothing to see here". "

So if people collapse now in sport or at an event that ends up teaching social media, they should follow up with exactly us / was wrong with them ? Nonsense, everyone is entitled to a private life including their medical records. The two football clubs have made a brief statement nothing else needs to be said.

That’s the problem with the modern world everyone is to damn nosey and because they’ve seen something on tv or social media, think they have a right to the complete story, guts and all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Come back when you have 10 years of data and a hypothesis. Until then, might as well be 1, might as well be 1000. Remember when all the pop stars dies in Jan a few years back? Same deal.

Reply privately

over a year ago

But it might help. Knowing that covid contributed to it, or the vaccine, or neither. I think that's all the op is suggesting. That it's part of the conversation. Rather than being avoided or being written off as "nothing to see here". "

that's fair, and maybe I've been biased by other threads and posts that point at vaccines.... But still I've not seen it being shut down in its entirety. I have seen discussions on it being vaccine related challenged due to being just speculation. People have to show there is something to see... And when one of their cases is the opposite of their view... That doesn't help.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

But it might help. Knowing that covid contributed to it, or the vaccine, or neither. I think that's all the op is suggesting. That it's part of the conversation. Rather than being avoided or being written off as "nothing to see here".

So if people collapse now in sport or at an event that ends up teaching social media, they should follow up with exactly us / was wrong with them ? Nonsense, everyone is entitled to a private life including their medical records. The two football clubs have made a brief statement nothing else needs to be said.

That’s the problem with the modern world everyone is to damn nosey and because they’ve seen something on tv or social media, think they have a right to the complete story, guts and all. "

That's a very good point. I agree. I guess the last few years have very much changed what's "in the public interest"

Reply privately

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

Upto 600 young people suffer sudden cardiac arrest every year and this was pre Covid, hence there’s been a campaign to get defibrillators into every school.

Nothing is happening that wasn’t going on pre Covid , certainly not on the scale that people should be concerned. Details below.

https://theoliverkingfoundation.co.uk/our-work/

Reply privately

over a year ago

An insider?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Churchill once said when discussing democracy and the right to vote

“ The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”

Winston Churchill's quote sums up what it means to have a good democracy. For a democracy to work, those who are making the decisions, the average voter, need to know what is going on.

This thread shows there are a lot of average voters knocking about!

Reply privately

over a year ago

gloucestershire

Exactly I didn’t mention vaccines or anything … I just said why is the conversation being shutdown and avoided … a spike in these events is a fact , Jeff stelling even gave it a mention last week on soccer Saturday …

What we need is conversation and open honest media who do not hide the facts … just report the truth warts and all!!!

If they don’t then people will assume they have something to hide …

Remember people the government strategy has always been divide and rule …

First Brexit ( leavers vs remainers)

Then COVID ( Vaxxed vs unvaxxed)

And the majority fall for it every single time … live and let live … opinions are like arseholes everyone has got one … but for F sake don’t turn on each other …

Respect everyone’s individual choices and decisions and don’t force people to do things they don’t want to do!

Reply privately

By *adysueandneroCouple
over a year ago

witney

"Sorry I was hoping for sensible answer"

You'll be waiting along time on here.

Reply privately

By *ee And MikeCouple
over a year ago

Cannock

I’ve been going to football matches and folling it for the last 48 years and I don’t remember any instances of fans being taken ill in the stands like we have this season !

Reply privately

By *adysueandneroCouple
over a year ago

witney

"Churchill once said when discussing democracy and the right to vote

“ The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”

Winston Churchill's quote sums up what it means to have a good democracy. For a democracy to work, those who are making the decisions, the average voter, need to know what is going on.

This thread shows there are a lot of average voters knocking about!"

Harsh, but sadly true.

Reply privately

By *skyouneverknowMan
over a year ago

Calne

A crowd of 50,000 predominantly middle aged men getting over excited is likely to result in the odd heart attack

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’ve been going to football matches and folling it for the last 48 years and I don’t remember any instances of fans being taken ill in the stands like we have this season !

"

Guess you were due a few then.

Law of averages.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I am a season ticket holder at Old Trafford and I can say categorically there are quite a few taken ill this season.

Reply privately

over a year ago

IMO it really isn’t. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A crowd of 50,000 predominantly middle aged men getting over excited is likely to result in the odd heart attack"

That’s fab surely?

Reply privately

By *skyouneverknowMan
over a year ago

Calne

"A crowd of 50,000 predominantly middle aged men getting over excited is likely to result in the odd heart attack

That’s fab surely?"

Ha ha that did cross my mind

Reply privately

By *entlemanrogueMan
over a year ago

Motherwell

Could the amount of use of Charlie be a factor?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Within the next five years I think the vaccinated will all be dripping down.Sorry that’s my opinion.

Reply privately

By *skyouneverknowMan
over a year ago

Calne

"Within the next five years I think the vaccinated will all be dripping down.Sorry that’s my opinion."

Only if they get very excited will they be dripping

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Within the next five years I think the vaccinated will all be dripping down.Sorry that’s my opinion.

Only if they get very excited will they be dripping "

Eating to many dripping butties

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"Within the next five years I think the vaccinated will all be dripping down.Sorry that’s my opinion."

You really didn't need to specify that it's your opinion, as it certainly isn't based on any facts.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why assume these fans and players have actually had the vaccine?

Maybe they didn't have the vaccine and COVID has put strain on their hearts? That's possible too you know.

So many health experts around. I bet they voted Brexit too because they are also political genius's too! Haha!

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

If you could point out where I ever have said ‘ the vaccines are untested, they didn't do animal studies, its all experimemtal (sic)’ I would appreciate that. Feel free to trawl through the last 20 months worth of threads.

What I am saying is there appears to be an anomaly with professional athletes right now and all we are hearing is ‘nothing to see here’. It’s facts I want to see - not anecdotal evidence or rhetoric thanks

"

Would you like to point out where I was referring specifically to you welding the battering ram? Paranoid much?!

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Whilst the op didn't me toon the vaccine, the very first responses referenced a (very tenuos and unfounded) link and that what people are replying to. I don't know if this was originally posted in the virus section or hot moved here but a post on the virus section is going to end up being a discussion on vaccines and anti vax debates.

Reply privately

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

Charlie Wyke, wigan player, is now out of hospital thankfully. He had a cardiac arrest. He had to confirm he was unvaccinated so not reinforce this conspiracy BS.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Never mind then … false alarm let’s forget about it and not investingate. …. What are you people on ?

Investigate what? Vaccines aren't a new discovery."

This one is

Reply privately

By *aintscoupleCouple
over a year ago

st helens

"Whilst the op didn't me toon the vaccine, the very first responses referenced a (very tenuos and unfounded) link and that what people are replying to. I don't know if this was originally posted in the virus section or hot moved here but a post on the virus section is going to end up being a discussion on vaccines and anti vax debates. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why assume these fans and players have actually had the vaccine?

Maybe they didn't have the vaccine and COVID has put strain on their hearts? That's possible too you know.

So many health experts around. I bet they voted Brexit too because they are also political genius's too! Haha!"

You can tell they have had the vaccine otherwise the media would be shouting it from the rooftops

Reply privately

By *aintscoupleCouple
over a year ago

st helens

our opinion is plenty more of the unvaccinated will be dripping down.

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"Why assume these fans and players have actually had the vaccine?

So many health experts around. I bet they voted Brexit too because they are also political genius's too! Haha!"

Obsessed Remainder! You'll get over it

Reply privately

By *ik MMan
over a year ago

Lancashire

Would you like to point out where I was referring specifically to you welding the battering ram? Paranoid much?! "

My word, try your post to which I was replying. I even provided quotation marks for your ease. If you think I’m paranoid then there really is no helping you

Reply privately

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

Would you like to point out where I was referring specifically to you welding the battering ram? Paranoid much?!

My word, try your post to which I was replying. I even provided quotation marks for your ease. If you think I’m paranoid then there really is no helping you "

There is no evidence for sports people dropping down with heart attacks any more than normal. The only evidence is anecdotal or just rhetoric.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

My word, try your post to which I was replying. I even provided quotation marks for your ease. If you think I’m paranoid then there really is no helping you "

I know the bit you're referring to but I'm still missing the bit where I specifically said it was you doing it you really are trying very hard here aren't you. It's quite sweet actually. Endearingly so.

Reply privately

By *xploring_FunWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

This.

Fans taking ill isn’t new, or uncommon. It’s only new that play gets stopped and the teams medical people pitch in.

I was at a football match years ago where a man was getting CPR and the game went on, even to the point of people around cheering when a goal was scored. It was never remotely suggested that any of the team doctors could help or that play would be stopped to take him to a medical room.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Exactly I didn’t mention vaccines or anything … I just said why is the conversation being shutdown and avoided … a spike in these events is a fact , Jeff stelling even gave it a mention last week on soccer Saturday …

What we need is conversation and open honest media who do not hide the facts … just report the truth warts and all!!!

If they don’t then people will assume they have something to hide …

Remember people the government strategy has always been divide and rule …

First Brexit ( leavers vs remainers)

Then COVID ( Vaxxed vs unvaxxed)

And the majority fall for it every single time … live and let live … opinions are like arseholes everyone has got one … but for F sake don’t turn on each other …

Respect everyone’s individual choices and decisions and don’t force people to do things they don’t want to do! "

You might not have mentioned the actual wording… but you certainly alluded to something to suit and create a narrative….

You don’t get to walk to walk away innocently whistling when you are the one who lit the petrol bomb and tossed it in…

Also…. Notice that most of the people trying to link it basically haven’t talked about the case and talked in generalities without having any knowledge of going to actual games….. and those who do are saying it doesn’t happen more often, just that each incident is more publicised….

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I am a season ticket holder at Old Trafford and I can say categorically there are quite a few taken ill this season."

Arsenal season ticket holder… you see it happen more often than you realise… if you are close to pitch side you can get a message out quicker… if you are in the upper tier you see a lot of staff and stewards and SJA running about

Reply privately

By *irtyold manMan
over a year ago

barnsley

Just remember what the scientists told boris when he wanted to vax kids

There is a risk the vax hardens the heart muscle causing heart attaks

And if you remember what boris told the scientists.boris knows best and kids are having the vax.

In ten years when a lot of folks young and fit are having heart attaks .will anyone remember the scientists warnings

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"Just remember what the scientists told boris when he wanted to vax kids

And if you remember what boris told the scientists.boris knows best and kids are having the vax.

In ten years when a lot of folks young and fit are having heart attaks .will anyone remember the scientists warnings"

Source?

Reply privately

over a year ago

gloucestershire

The narrative I created could have been that COVID causes heart problems you are assuming I meant the vax…

Either way shouldn’t it be investigated ? Vax or COVID ? Ps Arsenal are shit lol

Reply privately

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

In ten years when a lot of folks young and fit are having heart attaks .will anyone remember the scientists warnings"

What they would have said is that there is a small risk.

If you read my post above you will see that hundreds of young people die from heart attacks each year and that’s before anyone knew about Covid. I can already see any similar cases from now on will be attributed to the vaccine whether they had the vaccine or not, that’s how conspiracies work.

Reply privately

over a year ago

gloucestershire

[Removed by poster at 02/12/21 17:18:36]

Reply privately

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

"The narrative I created could have been that COVID causes heart problems you are assuming I meant the vax…

Either way shouldn’t it be investigated ? Vax or COVID ? Ps Arsenal are shit lol "

Well you could have made it clearer and what makes you think they are not investigating it. I can’t be certain, but I’d imagine there are more studies going on now than ever before, across all areas of medicine.

Reply privately

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

In ten years when a lot of folks young and fit are having heart attaks .will anyone remember the scientists warnings

What they would have said is that there is a small risk.

If you read my post above you will see that hundreds of young people die from heart attacks each year and that’s before anyone knew about Covid. I can already see any similar cases from now on will be attributed to the vaccine whether they had the vaccine or not, that’s how conspiracies work.

Read the news today about Astra Zeneca finding the reason there vaccine causes bloodclots … google it’s easy to find "

there’s a thread on it, it’s good news that they know why.

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Maybe the waiting lists to get seen by the specialists has caused the figures to concertina and appear all at once.

Not now, later: we're busy. Has never been a good message to hear.

how many of you have had appointments delayed?

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

I am a season ticket holder at Old Trafford and I can say categorically there are quite a few taken ill this season."

Maybe that's because they're not used to losing???

Reply privately

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

We all know it’s the jab …

Reply privately

over a year ago

Amongst my peers the same people moaning about this and anti vaccine theories are the ones tooting lines of ching every weekend like it's going out of fashion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

gloucestershire

"The narrative I created could have been that COVID causes heart problems you are assuming I meant the vax…

Either way shouldn’t it be investigated ? Vax or COVID ? Ps Arsenal are shit lol

Well you could have made it clearer and what makes you think they are not investigating it. I can’t be certain, but I’d imagine there are more studies going on now than ever before, across all areas of medicine."

What makes me think they aren’t investigating ?

How about if you mention it on any social media platform you are banned ! For one thing

Reply privately

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

Well you could have made it clearer and what makes you think they are not investigating it. I can’t be certain, but I’d imagine there are more studies going on now than ever before, across all areas of medicine.

How about if you mention it on any social media platform you are banned ! For one thing "

well social media is not the place where the investigations are carried out. I don’t see people being banned on social media for discussing anything regarding Covid. Usually just see a health warning attached to their posts .

Reply privately

By *lofeldMan
over a year ago

Redhill

"Amongst my peers the same people moaning about this and anti vaccine theories are the ones tooting lines of ching every weekend like it's going out of fashion.

"

This is so true. And the two are possibly linked!

Reply privately

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

IMO it really isn’t.

Crazy eh?!

Totally wrong!!!!

“Do some research” = trawl Facebook and You Tube….

I’m sorry but I can’t help experiencing feelings of schadenfreude when I hear of some unvaccinated numpty crying in hospital and begging for the Pfizer

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Amongst my peers the same people moaning about this and anti vaccine theories are the ones tooting lines of ching every weekend like it's going out of fashion.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

How about if you mention it on any social media platform you are banned ! For one thing "

really ? Who's been banned ? Trev Sinclair still has Twitter right ?

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

IMO it really isn’t.

Crazy eh?!

Totally wrong!!!!

If only people would turn off the TV and do some research you’d find out so much about what’s really going on and maybe might not be so keen to take part in a drug trial.

“Do some research” = trawl Facebook and You Tube….

I’m sorry but I can’t help experiencing feelings of schadenfreude when I hear of some unvaccinated numpty crying in hospital and begging for the Pfizer "

AW that's nice of you

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

IMO it really isn’t.

Crazy eh?!

Totally wrong!!!!

Even on our own government website it tells you that these jabs only have E.U.A. Emergency Use Authorisation. "

They are in phase 4. You said that they were in phase 3. That is what was wrong...

As for experimental phases, these?dates?do not mean clinical trials?will continue?for?this long, and instead reference continued safety monitoring? after the vaccine has been approved and rolled out, which is standard practice within the industry.

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

Your opinion based on absolutely nothing...

Reply privately

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

[Removed by poster at 02/12/21 21:00:55]

Reply privately

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

Very strange indeed !

Because they don’t want people thinking that there might be some correlation between the jabs and sports people dropping like flies. Gotta be a coincidence eh?!

When I was in hospital after my heart attack about 10 years ago I was in an 8 bed ward. 6 of the beds were taken by footballers, then there was me and one empty bed. Footbal has always led to heart problems, it is just not broadcast."

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"I'm not sure why this is in the Virus Forum, the phenonium of professional athletes having heart problems has been discussed and studied for decades.

On Wikipedia there is a list of footballers who died whilst playing, the list starts in 1889 but by the 1990's the most common cause of deaths is heart attacks.

The pure fact is that professional athletes push their bodies to do extreme things and during competitive sport the desire to push for the ultimate performance is at it's greatest.

It is a well known fact that MANY professional athletes have loads of health issues later in life as a result of the extreme physical loads their bodies have endured at their competitive prime.

Cal"

I'm guessing some YouTuber has recently made a video linking the two and the sheeple have clutched onto it.

Reply privately

By *um6a9funMan
over a year ago

Messy End

Think you may find that these incidents have always happened, the difference now is that due to situations with Erickson in the Euros and others, paramedics are no longer allowed to be away from the game. Before the game would play out and not many would know. But now if it happens, and the higher likelihood a player could take a turn, the game is now stopped. I’m interested to why so many healthy athletes are having heart issues though?

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Think you may find that these incidents have always happened, the difference now is that due to situations with Erickson in the Euros and others, paramedics are no longer allowed to be away from the game. Before the game would play out and not many would know. But now if it happens, and the higher likelihood a player could take a turn, the game is now stopped. I’m interested to why so many healthy athletes are having heart issues though?"

Not sure those in the crowd are elite athletes as well though.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Think you may find that these incidents have always happened, the difference now is that due to situations with Erickson in the Euros and others, paramedics are no longer allowed to be away from the game. Before the game would play out and not many would know. But now if it happens, and the higher likelihood a player could take a turn, the game is now stopped. I’m interested to why so many healthy athletes are having heart issues though?

Not sure those in the crowd are elite athletes as well though. "

…. But they do have some of the better doctors at treating immediate care…

For example, since Charlie Wyke cardiac arrest was mentioned… the person who helped with the immediate treatment just happened to be the same person who treated fabrice muamba on that faithful night at Spurs

Reply privately

By *nlyfun3Woman
over a year ago

NEAR Berkhamsted,Herts

I love the medics, not ,making random assumptions. 1 what happens in a football ground has no reflection on the game.

Also look up HCM and ARVC as cause of sudden cardiac arrest or sudden cardiac death SCA AND SCD. Fabrice Moambo and Christian Eriksen are high profile cases. If you look up C.R.Y.org. UK you can see the steps football are screening players from a young age to try and find these cardiac issue before SCA and SCD happens

Reply privately

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Very strange indeed ! "

Looking at the British Heart Foundation website (an organisation you would expect to understand heart issues) it states that there is one heart related death every 3 minutes in the uk. The probability of there being a heart attack in a premier league game on any specific match day is very high - that is why defibrillators are common in stadium.

Source: https://www.bhf.org.uk/what-we-do/news-from-the-bhf/contact-the-press-office/facts-and-figures

Reply privately

By *um6a9funMan
over a year ago

Messy End

That shouldn’t say that!!

Should say, or meant to type, I’m unsure to why those cases of heart conditions have risen since Covid and vaccination!

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've seen nothing convincing on the topic. I think people are rather trigger happy on these sorts of topics at the moment.

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Think you may find that these incidents have always happened, the difference now is that due to situations with Erickson in the Euros and others, paramedics are no longer allowed to be away from the game. Before the game would play out and not many would know. But now if it happens, and the higher likelihood a player could take a turn, the game is now stopped. I’m interested to why so many healthy athletes are having heart issues though?

Not sure those in the crowd are elite athletes as well though. "

Speak for yourself

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nice one

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is the earth still flat ?