Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

PCR test for travel

Jump to newest

By *ringles0510 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

I'm hoping to travel to the Netherlands soon with my son for a long overdue catch up with our family. Looks like I need a PCR test taken within 24 hours before my flight.

Our flight is on a Sunday afternoon and I'm not sure where to go for this test that'll get me the results back in time in the weekend. Any of you forumites been abroad and had similar requirements? Where did you go for your test and did you get the results in time? Any pointers would be very much appreciated x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

I have used Testing For All and I can highly recommend their service. Just looked on their site and the day 2 PCR test is £48

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

Boots Chemist. Results back in 24hrs. Booked an appointment and they administered the test

over a year ago

Central Borders

"I have used Testing For All and I can highly recommend their service. Just looked on their site and the day 2 PCR test is £48"

Emailed them to check that 24 hour deadline. Thanks! x

over a year ago

Central Borders

"Boots Chemist. Results back in 24hrs. Booked an appointment and they administered the test"

Nearest Boots that does this is a 90 minute drive away It'll be worth the journey though, if I can't find anything closer to us. Thanks x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A company called Nationwide Pathology has test sites all over and they can do a 3hr test

A test within 24hrs of the flight is a bit short notice, lots are 72hrs

Also double check that it's 24hrs before the take off or landing time

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Whilst current requirements may be different, there have been a few posts discussing testing services.

It's worth checking with airlines, as many have discount arrangements with providers.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I think for the Netherlands you need a PCR test within 48 hours or a rapid antigen test within 24 hours of departure

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 01/12/21 18:04:39]

over a year ago

Central Borders

"I think for the Netherlands you need a PCR test within 48 hours or a rapid antigen test within 24 hours of departure"

You're right!! There are 2 different PCR tests, one of them has 48 hours deadline. Little bit of pressure off. Still a bit wary it's over the weekend, but an extra day will definitely help x

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

We used the one within Manchester airport, results within a few hours.

over a year ago

"I think for the Netherlands you need a PCR test within 48 hours or a rapid antigen test within 24 hours of departure

You're right!! There are 2 different PCR tests, one of them has 48 hours deadline. Little bit of pressure off. Still a bit wary it's over the weekend, but an extra day will definitely help x"

The rapid antigen is usually a 40min turn around

By *rMrsRichCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouh

Prenetics. Ordered my day 2 test at 11pm last night. It will be with me tomorrow. Really good and really responsive to questions. Usually get an email response back within a cpl of hours.

By *astlincscoupleCouple
over a year ago

Tinsel Town

Equatorial Guinea also requires a test 24 prior.

Luckily there is a test centre at the airport which is not to far.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"I have used Testing For All and I can highly recommend their service. Just looked on their site and the day 2 PCR test is £48"
I have also used them and found them very efficient.

By *hedireCouple
over a year ago

wigan

We used DAM health results by midnight St Helens. 69 quid. Out here in South Africa at the airport OR Tambo the 2 hour express costs 1500 rand approx 75 quid. Used airport service a few times now back and forwards to Botswana with family.

over a year ago

Purchased a 2 day test from randox for £35 results next morning

Post new Message to Thread