Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Wear a mask

Jump to newest

By *ohnj21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Cant people stopped wearing them on transport and shops,.

Selfish people wear a mask

This hasn't gone and with a Boris on charge feels like the titanic.

Boris wear a mask and resign over 165k dead and 100o. 2dying a week since August

Bkr

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ohnj21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

1000 dying week since August. Hope I'm wrong but 200k by end winter hope I'm wrong.

Wear a mask stop being selfish.

And people making excuses I have asthma and it's not nice wearing one but watching some die an unpleasant death is far far worse.

Stop being selfish

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"1000 dying week since August. Hope I'm wrong but 200k by end winter hope I'm wrong.

And people making excuses I have asthma and it's not nice wearing one but watching some die an unpleasant death is far far worse.

Stop being selfish "

Meh.

I'll wear them only when legally required. Like 90% of others.

Careful up there on your high horse.

Reply privately

By *ohnj21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Wear a mask stopping being selfish its a small thing to do to save a life. That could be someones nan or mum you infect and potential just cos you wont wear a mask

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wear them still, especially in public transport and shops.

(Unless it’s a shop with virtually none in it) x

I don’t think it’s that annoying anyway. I don’t understand why people find it as a “chore”

Reply privately

By *ohnj21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"1000 dying week since August. Hope I'm wrong but 200k by end winter hope I'm wrong.

Stop being selfish

Meh.

Careful up there on your high horse."

Gmm you don't need yto be told legally to wear one. Your not a child wear one. How do you feel if your mum or nan was made seriously ill. Stop taking it as, a joke get off high horse!!! Your brave

Reply privately

By *ohnj21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"I wear them still, especially in public transport and shops.

I don’t think it’s that annoying anyway. I don’t understand why people find it as a “chore”"

agree

Reply privately

By *iss.ddWoman
over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

"

Stop being selfish "

Having a medical condition which means you can't breathe properly without a mask isn't made any easier by wearing a mask.

It's not just not nice, it can be painful and debilitating.

Yes some swing the yarn but watch you don't slip from your pedestal up there

Reply privately

By *ohnj21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Stop being selfish

Having a medical condition which means you can't breathe properly without a mask isn't made any easier by wearing a mask.

"

Reply privately

By *ohnj21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Stop being selfish

"

I have medical condition. Are you unable to give bjs cos your conditin

Reply privately

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Being asthmatic isn’t an excuse

Reply privately

By *art123Man
over a year ago

Stoke

I remember the days when they said a mask doesn’t make a blind bit of difference….

Reply privately

By *ohnj21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Im asthmatic and wear a mask

People are selfishhhhhh!!!!

Reply privately

By *ohnj21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"I remember the days when they said a mask doesn’t make a blind bit of difference…."

And you believed the goverment do u still think the world is flat.

I would by a 2nd car off Boris or his givererment you are naive

Reply privately

By *ohnj21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Stop being selfish

"

wear a mask

Reply privately

By *ohnj21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Wear a mask

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"I remember the days when they said a mask doesn’t make a blind bit of difference…."

I remember the days they said the earth was flat

Guess what ?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I remember the days when Boris said he'd be dead in a ditch if Brexit wasn't done before October 2019.

... He seems to be alive to me.

Reply privately

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

Won't be wearing a mask this time around, selfish or not.

Reply privately

By *ohnj21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"Won't be wearing a mask this time around, selfish or not."

Selfish so easy to wear a mask probably make u more attractive

Doesn't matter if someone catches it and dies

Reply privately

By *ohnj21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"Wear a mask "

Reply privately

By *ungBlackTopMan
over a year ago

salford

People are so stupid. Them who are most vulnerable ie the "asthmatics " don't wear them but yet if they get it the chances of ending up on a ventilator is higher... so idiotic u deserve what u get.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Stop being selfish "

Why be as selfish as to actually go out to a shop? Shop online, get a home delivery. Live in a virtual world, it may save one life! What happens if you infect someone whilst wearing your mask? They aren't 100 % effective are they, why would you take your chance of infecting someone, you can shop online, it's a small price to pay to stop someone's nan dying isn't it?

Plus you will know that you have done your bit in saving someone from dying, if you tell all your friends online as well, they'll think you're a nice person, a top fella.....

Reply privately

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

"Won't be wearing a mask this time around, selfish or not.

Doesn't matter if someone catches it and dies"

Easy for you maybe. I'll stick to distancing, late night shopping and ordering online.

Im very surprised you get Internet reception so high up on that pedestal though

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have asthma, it’s largely controlled. I wear a mask, but if I become breathless then I remove it, doesn’t matter where I am. I’ve gone this long without contracting it, no symptoms 2 clear tests. But I will still wear one - how is that being selfish?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Cant people stopped wearing them on transport and shops,.

Boris wear a mask and resign over 165k dead and 100o. 2dying a week since August

Bkr"

Not quite sure what you’re getting at.

You say all this gobbledegook yet you’re on a site that mixes bodily fluids…… ‘nuff said!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I was actually in a local shop about a month ago wearing a mask.one of the shop assistents then told me.'i shoudnt get used to wearing a mask and to take it off'i left it on.

Reply privately

By *ulcanoMan
over a year ago

Plymouth

[Removed by poster at 28/11/21 14:41:21]

Reply privately

By *ulcanoMan
over a year ago

Plymouth

Hallelujah ... Thank you! Someone has a memory

Reply privately

By *igNick1381Man
over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"Wear a mask "

Nah, earth is having a little cull and I'm happy to let nature cut the wheat from the chaff

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bit of real life here. I’m currently sitting in a pub waiting for my friend. The pub is packed. Not one person in here, staff or customers, is wearing a mask. Everyone appears to be having a good time. Not the same on this forum. Bye.

Reply privately

By *an JuniperoCouple
over a year ago

North East

"Bit of real life here. I’m currently sitting in a pub waiting for my friend. The pub is packed. Not one person in here, staff or customers, is wearing a mask. Everyone appears to be having a good time. Not the same on this forum. Bye. "

Two vastly different places real life and these forums haha. Have a good one

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"Bit of real life here. I’m currently sitting in a pub waiting for my friend. The pub is packed. Not one person in here, staff or customers, is wearing a mask. Everyone appears to be having a good time. Not the same on this forum. Bye. "

Just hope for your sake that there's nobody in there recently returned from South Africa. Or the taxi driver who's fare was recently returned from South Africa. Or the next person to have climbed into the cab of the taxi driver who... etc.

Stay safe people. Dying can seriously damage your health.

Reply privately

over a year ago

well jelaus I'm working or I would be in a busy pub enjoying a Sunday afternoon pint, busier the better on anougher note went out out last Saturday snogged two random women the mask would have made that a little arkward lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Bit of real life here. I’m currently sitting in a pub waiting for my friend. The pub is packed. Not one person in here, staff or customers, is wearing a mask. Everyone appears to be having a good time. Not the same on this forum. Bye.

Just hope for your sake that there's nobody in there recently returned from South Africa. Or the taxi driver who's fare was recently returned from South Africa. Or the next person to have climbed into the cab of the taxi driver who... etc.

Stay safe people. Dying can seriously damage your health."

waiting for death also seriously damages your health.

Reply privately

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

"Im asthmatic and wear a mask

People are selfishhhhhh!!!! "

I am also asthmatic and I wear a mask too

Reply privately

By *dysseusukMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Stop being selfish

Meh.

Careful up there on your high horse."

F*** your high horse. This is about people's lives - your emotional sensitivity to perceiving people as holding a moral high ground when they just care about people getting ill and dieing is your problem and contemptible.

Reply privately

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Wearing a mask is only compulsory on public transport and in shops right? But gyms, hospitality, offices, everywhere else in fact, it is perfectly OK not to wear a mask? This denotes to me that they 'Government' are expecting the virus(es) to work its way through the population; it's just they hope it is slowed down a fraction with the obligatory mask rule. Does that seem accurate? Otherwise I cannot see the logic. I assume there's some logic involved?

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Im asthmatic and wear a mask

People are selfishhhhhh!!!! "

Ohh fgs! Quit with the selfish accusation it's getting tedious now! If I have to wear one I will! If I dont I wont! If that makes me selfish then so b it!! x

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Wearing a mask is only compulsory on public transport and in shops right? But gyms, hospitality, offices, everywhere else in fact, it is perfectly OK not to wear a mask? This denotes to me that they 'Government' are expecting the virus(es) to work its way through the population; it's just they hope it is slowed down a fraction with the obligatory mask rule. Does that seem accurate? Otherwise I cannot see the logic. I assume there's some logic involved?"

Well, it's pretty pointless wearing a.face covering in a pub or restaurant, how are you supposed to eat or drink?

And exercising vigorously wearing one may not be such a good idea

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"Wearing a mask is only compulsory on public transport and in shops right? But gyms, hospitality, offices, everywhere else in fact, it is perfectly OK not to wear a mask? This denotes to me that they 'Government' are expecting the virus(es) to work its way through the population; it's just they hope it is slowed down a fraction with the obligatory mask rule. Does that seem accurate? Otherwise I cannot see the logic. I assume there's some logic involved?"

The logic is that the government are frightened that the situation will go completely to shit, so they are doing something. They are also frightened of looking like they have over reacted, so they will minimise what they actually do. They are also never going to consult real scientists instead of the puppet ones that they have on payroll, and even if they did, are both too fucking stupid to understand what the scientists say and too fucking venal to do the right thing without skimming money out of it themselves.

Reply privately

By *anda and CatCouple
over a year ago

My daughter has had chronic asthma since the age of 3, she's now 23 and works in a supermarket. Before covid she had an ambulance called once in 2 years at work because she had a major attack. When covid struck and mask wearing became mandatory, it soon became evident after another ambulance was called she really struggles to wear a mask. She was told by paramedics, and doctors she should not wear a mask. She tried and despite wearing the lanyard and a badge supplied by the supermarket she works for she still got abuse from customers. She still insist on wearing a mask despite our, her managers and medical advise due to the abuse she receives if she doesn't. So far since covid she has been blue lighted from work to hospital 3 time with her asthma.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Does seem a bit odd you shouldn’t wear one while stood up in a pub. Even a little bit of mask wearing might help. Wouldn’t be averse for a cheeky circuit breaker and instructions to work from home where you can as well.

And as for your request OP I will take mask wearing under advisement. I managed to do all the way through to freedom day but I now struggle as it got a bit too much for me.

Reply privately

By *igNick1381Man
over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"Wearing a mask is only compulsory on public transport and in shops right? But gyms, hospitality, offices, everywhere else in fact, it is perfectly OK not to wear a mask? This denotes to me that they 'Government' are expecting the virus(es) to work its way through the population; it's just they hope it is slowed down a fraction with the obligatory mask rule. Does that seem accurate? Otherwise I cannot see the logic. I assume there's some logic involved?

The logic is that the government are frightened that the situation will go completely to shit, so they are doing something. They are also frightened of looking like they have over reacted, so they will minimise what they actually do. They are also never going to consult real scientists instead of the puppet ones that they have on payroll, and even if they did, are both too fucking stupid to understand what the scientists say and too fucking venal to do the right thing without skimming money out of it themselves."

Puppet scientists?

That sounds dangerously anti-science lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Bit of real life here. I’m currently sitting in a pub waiting for my friend. The pub is packed. Not one person in here, staff or customers, is wearing a mask. Everyone appears to be having a good time. Not the same on this forum. Bye.

Stay safe people. Dying can seriously damage your health."

. I really can’t imagine that anyone who has been vaccinated and is in reasonable health would currently be so scared of the outside world that they would even consider it. Clearly the thousands of people i have seen out and about today in town apoear not to be concerned.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Stay safe people. Dying can seriously damage your health.. I really can’t imagine that anyone who has been vaccinated and is in reasonable health would currently be so scared of the outside world that they would even consider it. Clearly the thousands of people i have seen out and about today in town apoear not to be concerned. "

I'm afraid "thousands of people think it's a good idea" is not really evidence for anything being prudent.

Reply privately

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

stockport

Wear a bloody mask ffs!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Stay safe people. Dying can seriously damage your health.. I really can’t imagine that anyone who has been vaccinated and is in reasonable health would currently be so scared of the outside world that they would even consider it. Clearly the thousands of people i have seen out and about today in town apoear not to be concerned.

I'm afraid "thousands of people think it's a good idea" is not really evidence for anything being prudent."

. No one said it was. But you can make out a good case for crossing the road not being prudent. I’m just once again pointing out the difference between what is happening in the real world out there and the views of so many doom merchants on here.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Stay safe people. Dying can seriously damage your health.. I really can’t imagine that anyone who has been vaccinated and is in reasonable health would currently be so scared of the outside world that they would even consider it. Clearly the thousands of people i have seen out and about today in town apoear not to be concerned.

I'm afraid "thousands of people think it's a good idea" is not really evidence for anything being prudent.. No one said it was. But you can make out a good case for crossing the road not being prudent. I’m just once again pointing out the difference between what is happening in the real world out there and the views of so many doom merchants on here. "

Ok. So what?

Reply privately

By *ystro2511Man
over a year ago

leeds

It has nothing to do with the mask it's the jabb that are killing people. Do your research

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It has nothing to do with the mask it's the jabb that are killing people. Do your research "

Can you explain further....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It has nothing to do with the mask it's the jabb that are killing people. Do your research "

I’ve had all the jabs - still alive…

You ever had Polio? Oh no that’s right… you’d have had the vaccine for it and you’re still alive

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

What is a jabb ?

Why is it deadly ?

Reply privately

By *anesjhCouple
over a year ago

LONDON.

"It has nothing to do with the mask it's the jabb that are killing people. Do your research

You ever had Polio? Oh no that’s right… you’d have had the vaccine for it and you’re still alive "

Can't remember anyone getting polio after getting the vaccine.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It has nothing to do with the mask it's the jabb that are killing people. Do your research

You ever had Polio? Oh no that’s right… you’d have had the vaccine for it and you’re still alive

Can't remember anyone getting polio after getting the vaccine."

Someones a bit confused

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Can't remember anyone getting polio after getting the vaccine.

Someones a bit confused "

Just a bit

Reply privately

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Eastbourne

No, the government expects companies to implement their own procedures for the employees, visitors, etc. to follow. Just shows you, what some companies think of their employees.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wear a mask stopping being selfish its a small thing to do to save a life. That could be someones nan or mum you infect and potential just cos you wont wear a mask "

Wearing a mask for 10 minutes in Tesco is not going to save anyone's life. There is no evidence they've made any difference to infection rates anywhere.

People say it's "just" a mask but they are irritating, they steam up glasses, they make communication harder, they're damaging for children's development, terrible for the environment, they are dehumanising. I am never wearing those disgusting things again.

Reply privately

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

You must push back against it or they’ll never go away.

Scotland has nearly 70% vaccination rate and they’ve been wearing masks for months and their cases are still rising.

They make no difference as all the data shows, it’s just theatre to keep the fear factor going.

Do your bit and ditch the mask. Stop listening to the government fear propaganda.

Reply privately

By *uv2kissMan
over a year ago

fenland

I have just been shopping in my local Aldi and it was packed, probably because the snow stopped people getting out over the weekend.

I put my mask on as it was so busy ( my face my choice, don't criticise me ) but I was surprised that hardly anyone was wearing one compared to the majority who were last week

It's almost as though people are saying f**k it we aren't going to be told what to do again

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"You must push back against it or they’ll never go away.

Scotland has nearly 70% vaccination rate and they’ve been wearing masks for months and their cases are still rising.

They make no difference as all the data shows, it’s just theatre to keep the fear factor going.

Do your bit and ditch the mask. Stop listening to the government fear propaganda. "

Excellent. I'd been planning to wear masks in winter to mitigate against flu as well

I'm so glad my actions have such a positive impact.

You give me hope for humanity, thank you

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wear a mask stopping being selfish its a small thing to do to save a life. That could be someones nan or mum you infect and potential just cos you wont wear a mask

Wearing a mask for 10 minutes in Tesco is not going to save anyone's life. There is no evidence they've made any difference to infection rates anywhere.

People say it's "just" a mask but they are irritating, they steam up glasses, they make communication harder, they're damaging for children's development, terrible for the environment, they are dehumanising. I am never wearing those disgusting things again."

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Wear a mask stopping being selfish its a small thing to do to save a life. That could be someones nan or mum you infect and potential just cos you wont wear a mask

People say it's "just" a mask but they are irritating, they steam up glasses, they make communication harder, they're damaging for children's development, terrible for the environment, they are dehumanising. I am never wearing those disgusting things again."

You wont be travelling on public transport or visiting shops, this is excellent news!

Reply privately

over a year ago

People say it's "just" a mask but they are irritating, they steam up glasses, they make communication harder, they're damaging for children's development, terrible for the environment, they are dehumanising. I am never wearing those disgusting things again.

You wont be travelling on public transport or visiting shops, this is excellent news! "

Why not? TFL for example have never enforced the mandatory face covering wearing the police have also said they are not going to enforce it and a lot of shops are now coming out saying the same thing.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

You wont be travelling on public transport or visiting shops, this is excellent news!

Why not? TFL for example have never enforced the mandatory face covering wearing the police have also said they are not going to enforce it and a lot of shops are now coming out saying the same thing. "

Do you need it to be enforced? Is that what it takes for you to step up and do a little?

Reply privately

By *orestguy28Man
over a year ago

Glos

"I remember the days when they said a mask doesn’t make a blind bit of difference….

I remember the days when Boris said he'd be dead in a ditch if Brexit wasn't done before October 2019.

... He seems to be alive to me."

Did he not vote to remain initially and against giving the NHS anymore funds?? Asking for a friend

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Being asthmatic isn’t an excuse "

Agreed

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I’ll wear one in Asda ,,but not Sainsbury’s

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why not? TFL for example have never enforced the mandatory face covering wearing the police have also said they are not going to enforce it and a lot of shops are now coming out saying the same thing.

Do you need it to be enforced? Is that what it takes for you to step up and do a little?"

None of your business what I do and don't do however I am saying it's not gonna be enforced so of course he can go into a supermarket and use public transport.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Do you need it to be enforced? Is that what it takes for you to step up and do a little?

None of your business what I do and don't do however I am saying it's not gonna be enforced so of course he can go into a supermarket and use public transport. "

Such a gangster lifestyle

Reply privately

over a year ago

None of your business what I do and don't do however I am saying it's not gonna be enforced so of course he can go into a supermarket and use public transport.

Such a gangster lifestyle "

No lovely I think you will find its opposite to gangsters because gangsters tend to cover their faces.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

No lovely I think you will find its opposite to gangsters because gangsters tend to cover their faces. "

You are absolutely right! Travelling on public transport and going into shops without face coverings because it is not enforced at a local level is not gangster, even gangsters have morals that look after their own.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No lovely I think you will find its opposite to gangsters because gangsters tend to cover their faces.

You are absolutely right! Travelling on public transport and going into shops without face coverings because it is not enforced at a local level is not gangster, even gangsters have morals that look after their own. "

Make up your mind!

A second ago gangsters were bad now they are paragons of virtue and morality.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

You are absolutely right! Travelling on public transport and going into shops without face coverings because it is not enforced at a local level is not gangster, even gangsters have morals that look after their own.

Make up your mind!

A second ago gangsters were bad now they are paragons of virtue and morality. "

I said they have morals that look after their own. Which is unlike people who refuse to take simple precautions to protect their own, simply because they are not enforced.

A lack of social integrity, to be clear

Reply privately

By *akie32Man
over a year ago

winchester

I have a very weak imune system, due to previous illnesses, so things like this concern me possably more than some. i have worn a mask since day one when i have to go out, i try to avoid crowded places tho, the amount of people not wearing one, ore even social disdancing amazes me, we will only beat this if we all play by the rules.

Yes i know masks arent perfect, but every little helps.

Its selfish to not think of others, this world is too much im allright jack. Think of others sometimes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Make up your mind!

I said they have morals that look after their own. Which is unlike people who refuse to take simple precautions to protect their own, simply because they are not enforced.

A lack of social integrity, to be clear "

It's not though is it because you have absolutely no idea why that person you come across in the street isn't wearing a face covering so the best thing you can do is put yours on and keep your distance from those that don't and also bear in mind people that know better than you have decided that our people for very valid reasons for people to be exempt.

Reply privately

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

You are absolutely right! Travelling on public transport and going into shops without face coverings because it is not enforced at a local level is not gangster, even gangsters have morals that look after their own. "

Gangsters have morals

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Make up your mind!

It's not though is it because you have absolutely no idea why that person you come across in the street isn't wearing a face covering so the best thing you can do is put yours on and keep your distance from those that don't and also bear in mind people that know better than you have decided that our people for very valid reasons for people to be exempt. "

Our little part of the thread has nothing to do with a random person in the street, it was about the guy who posted about not wearing a disgusting face mask again, not exempt just doesn't want to wear one.

I would also suggest there are people that know better than you who have advised people who can wear masks to wear them.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I have just been shopping in my local Aldi and it was packed, probably because the snow stopped people getting out over the weekend.

I put my mask on as it was so busy ( my face my choice, don't criticise me ) but I was surprised that hardly anyone was wearing one compared to the majority who were last week

It's almost as though people are saying f**k it we aren't going to be told what to do again"

We were told at work (supermarket) we have to wear them again from tomoz! So of course I will as I will in other shops but only because I comply not because I think I should! X

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'm enjoying wearing them when I get outside of shops, as they're cosy, in this cold weather.

I'd hope that intelligent, decent people will wear them when in public areas indoors

Reply privately

By *weetandHungMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Wear a mask stopping being selfish its a small thing to do to save a life. That could be someones nan or mum you infect and potential just cos you wont wear a mask "

Just like Boris wore a mask on a hospital visit recently just saying

Take me chances

Reply privately

over a year ago

Make up your mind!

It's not though is it because you have absolutely no idea why that person you come across in the street isn't wearing a face covering so the best thing you can do is put yours on and keep your distance from those that don't and also bear in mind people that know better than you have decided that our people for very valid reasons for people to be exempt.

Our little part of the thread has nothing to do with a random person in the street, it was about the guy who posted about not wearing a disgusting face mask again, not exempt just doesn't want to wear one.

I would also suggest there are people that know better than you who have advised people who can wear masks to wear them."

Show me where I have said people shouldn't wear face coverings or masks?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm enjoying wearing them when I get outside of shops, as they're cosy, in this cold weather.

I'd hope that intelligent, decent people will wear them when in public areas indoors "

There are lots of decent, intelligent people that can't where them for their own reasons so to suggest anyone that doesn't isn't decent or intelligent is despicable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Take me chances "

Boris is a rather poor role model.

Reply privately

By *BWarksCouple
over a year ago

warwick

You only need three words …… I am exempt…..

Reply privately

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Take me chances "

Once inside a clinical setting, he put a mask on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Stop being selfish

wear a mask"

Have you bought shares in a mask manufacturers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Load of shiteeeeee

Reply privately

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

There is a lot of nonsense being written about masks.

First and foremost, if the wearer does not have covid wearing a mask will not save anybody from being infected, not even the wearer.

Second if the mask wearer knows they are infected they should be quarantining themselves and not being in public places.

In reality wearing a mask is only effective if the person wearing it had caught covid but has not realised they have covid.

Asthma covers a wide scope of illness from being barely affected to being bedbound, wearing a mask may not have any effect on one person with asthma but may make another asthmatic person unable to breath.

Don’t be judgmental!

We suggest if you can wear a mask then wear one as advised, but don’t judge others as we do not know their circumsances.

Reply privately

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"You only need three words …… I am exempt….. "
which should be used in very few incidences.

Reply privately

By *ristoltony40Man
over a year ago

bristol

I love Shellfish

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"You only need three words …… I am exempt….. "

Which in most cases translates to "I'm special"

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Come on, we are only being asked to wear a mask FFS. It’s not something gross - like a Spurs or Man United shirt for example.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Won't be wearing a mask this time around, selfish or not.

Doesn't matter if someone catches it and dies"

So instead of a logical discussion you belittle people and just keep spouting "wear a mask"

Just for you and people like you I won't wear one.

No need to reply I'm not listening to your drivel

Reply privately

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

"You only need three words …… I am exempt…..

Which in most cases translates to "I'm special""

I think since shortly after the start of the pandemic it has translated to something more like "I am a liar and just looking for a way to avoid wearing a mask"

Reply privately

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

The whole mask wearing thing is a shambles. We agree that they should be warn, but in the majority of places you can just say you are exempt without any proof.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The whole mask wearing thing is a shambles. We agree that they should be warn, but in the majority of places you can just say you are exempt without any proof. "

I fear that if things do get worse, that has a chance of backfiring on those who truly need it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The whole mask wearing thing is a shambles. We agree that they should be warn, but in the majority of places you can just say you are exempt without any proof.

I fear that if things do get worse, that has a chance of backfiring on those who truly need it. "

That's because valid exemptions are literally open to interpretation.

Things aren't going to get worse anyway...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

It's not though is it because you have absolutely no idea why that person you come across in the street isn't wearing a face covering so the best thing you can do is put yours on and keep your distance from those that don't and also bear in mind people that know better than you have decided that our people for very valid reasons for people to be exempt. "

The person in the street isn't wearing a mask because there is no reason, mandated or otherwise, to wear a mask in a street.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The whole mask wearing thing is a shambles. We agree that they should be warn, but in the majority of places you can just say you are exempt without any proof.

I fear that if things do get worse, that has a chance of backfiring on those who truly need it.

That's because valid exemptions are literally open to interpretation.

Things aren't going to get worse anyway..."

I don't know if they will or they won't.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The whole thing is an absolute shambles.

Masks work. That’s a proven fact. However the shitty bit of cloth people wear around there face all day and hasn’t been washed for 2 weeks isn’t helping anyone.

A lot of people still seem to think that wearing a mask protects “them” from catching covid. It doesn’t. It protects other people.

This whole new rule doesn’t make any sense tho. But that’s no surprise! What about work places, what about about gym, cinemas, pubs, restaurants etc.

The best thing people can do is get vaccinated. It’s not 100% yes there will still be positive cases, but being vaccinated means you’re a lot safer and there is a much reduced risk of getting seriously ill.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I assume most people know how to wash their clothes

Reply privately

over a year ago

I just refuse to wear something that stops me from

*breathing properly

*hearing what someone is saying properly

*seeing people's facial expressions

When will sheeple stop living in fear of their shadow? Get over it, live with this. We don't shut the country down each winter for the flu DO WE?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I just refuse to wear something that stops me from

*breathing properly

*hearing what someone is saying properly

*seeing people's facial expressions

When will sheeple stop living in fear of their shadow? Get over it, live with this. We don't shut the country down each winter for the flu DO WE?"

And what a brilliant way to live with it - a minimal discomfort to stop the spread of disease and reduce the burden on the hospitals. I'm so glad masking is widespread now, and we can do more to help ourselves and our health service

Reply privately

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple
over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

I have Asthma and have never worn a mask outside of work. In work I wear the full PPE for 13 hours, covered head to toe, I have my exemption card for outside of work. And do not call me irresponsible I work the very front line and have witnessed things you only see in your worst nightmares

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’d love to see evidence of masks working but there isn’t any.

Wales and Scotland have had mandatory mask wearing for the last 3 months in retail, transport setting etc but cases have been higher than in many parts of England. Germany even banned standard face masks in favour of clinical grade face masks and look at the case rate there!

Now getting hysterical over covid again. This will never end!

Pointless and something I will never wear. 3 magic words. I AM EXEMPT

Reply privately

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"I’d love to see evidence of masks working but there isn’t any.

Wales and Scotland have had mandatory mask wearing for the last 3 months in retail, transport setting etc but cases have been higher than in many parts of England. Germany even banned standard face masks in favour of clinical grade face masks and look at the case rate there!

Now getting hysterical over covid again. This will never end!

Pointless and something I will never wear. 3 magic words. I AM EXEMPT"

Yea ok

Reply privately

By *weetandHungMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Take me chances

Once inside a clinical setting, he put a mask on. "

One rule for Boris, different rule for us.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wore one with goggles for the first week after seeing the videos of people dropping dead in the streets in Wuhan at the “outbreak”. The same videos projected across the world which initiated a lockstep approach to combat the “virus”. Funnily enough I didn’t see any footage from any other parts of the world replicating in some nature the severity of said “virus”. You know people dying in the streets. I live pretty much in a place full of elderly people in a semi warden run property. None died there most continued seeing their families.

I will do nothing that is expected if logically it makes no sense. If you prefer to pacify yourselves feel free, I think no less of none.

Reply privately

By *akie32Man
over a year ago

winchester

"There is a lot of nonsense being written about masks.

First and foremost, if the wearer does not have covid wearing a mask will not save anybody from being infected, not even the wearer.

Second if the mask wearer knows they are infected they should be quarantining themselves and not being in public places.

In reality wearing a mask is only effective if the person wearing it had caught covid but has not realised they have covid.

Asthma covers a wide scope of illness from being barely affected to being bedbound, wearing a mask may not have any effect on one person with asthma but may make another asthmatic person unable to breath.

Don’t be judgmental!

We suggest if you can wear a mask then wear one as advised, but don’t judge others as we do not know their circumsances.

"

so if wearing a mask doesnt work why should someone who has covid but doesnt know help?

so many contradictions in your post sorry

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bit ranty this thread.

I clicked on it as I thought it might be a kinky, mask-wearing sex scenario

Anyway, gonna go now and find some sexy topics, as this is a swingers website after all.

Reply privately

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

I forgot mine today. Oops.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Little bit of good new this morning! Have texts the girls I work with that were in we only have to wear it from opening time so not as long as before! But wont b volunteering for the overtime x

Reply privately

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

O don't understand the anti mask lot. I wear a mask in shoos hardly a big deal same if I have a cold I don't want to pass my alimwnts on to others

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"O don't understand the anti mask lot. I wear a mask in shoos hardly a big deal same if I have a cold I don't want to pass my alimwnts on to others "

Cool u do u others do them ! X

Reply privately

By *00STERMan
over a year ago

nearby

"O don't understand the anti mask lot. I wear a mask in shoos hardly a big deal same if I have a cold I don't want to pass my alimwnts on to others

Cool u do u others do them ! X"

The anti mask lot will be the first in the queue for bitching about any lockdowns that happen … ironic really .

Reply privately

By *heekybrummiemonkeysCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"O don't understand the anti mask lot. I wear a mask in shoos hardly a big deal same if I have a cold I don't want to pass my alimwnts on to others

The anti mask lot will be the first in the queue for bitching about any lockdowns that happen … ironic really ."

Nope. They’ll just ignore the lockdowns. Like most people. Thank god.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

The anti mask lot will be the first in the queue for bitching about any lockdowns that happen … ironic really ."

I'm personally not anti mask! I bought 2 new ones for work yesterday! I comply as I do with anything! But if it was left to my own choice then they would b ditched x

Reply privately

By *rufflesCouple
over a year ago

manchester

Bkr"

Maybe its me, but just incase it isn't, WTF are you trying to say????

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bkr

Maybe its me, but just incase it isn't, WTF are you trying to say????"

Yep. I've read it, read it again & read it once more.

I haven't got a bloody clue!?

Reply privately

By *00STERMan
over a year ago

nearby

The anti mask lot will be the first in the queue for bitching about any lockdowns that happen … ironic really .

Nope. They’ll just ignore the lockdowns. Like most people. Thank god."

“Like most people” talk about living in denial …

Reply privately

over a year ago

Birmingham

“Like most people” talk about living in denial … "

Fully believe most people will ignore them. By March earlier this year (last period of restrictions), a huge proportion of the Birmingham population was ignoring them. Reports from other cities similar. This time (if it happens), even more will ignore them.

I think those who think the majority will comply are living in denial.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Fully believe most people will ignore them. By March earlier this year (last period of restrictions), a huge proportion of the Birmingham population was ignoring them. Reports from other cities similar. This time (if it happens), even more will ignore them.

I think those who think the majority will comply are living in denial."

Lockdown is stay at home, non essential shops, bars and restaurants shut. What will be ignored?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Birmingham

I think those who think the majority will comply are living in denial.

Lockdown is stay at home, non essential shops, bars and restaurants shut. What will be ignored?"

The stay at home bit. Feb and March this year it was ignored by huge percentages in the city. People coming and going from friends and families houses all the time. I was stuck in traffic on evenings between Birmingham and Wolverhampton. I understand it’s different in less populated rural areas where more complied.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Birmingham

In addition, just an example, supermarket yesterday in Birmingham, less than a third wearing masks. Probably nearer 20%. If that was a rural area I suspect that would be much higher.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

"In addition, just an example, supermarket yesterday in Birmingham, less than a third wearing masks. Probably nearer 20%. If that was a rural area I suspect that would be much higher."

Mask wearing is certainly a visual indicator of how people are responding to guidelines and I guess if people are not overly concerned about going to shops, pubs and restaurants a lockdown is not really a problem to them.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

First day in work (supermarket) since masks came back today with my new mask! Lots of customers not wearing them and no lanyard! Part of me thought good for them! The other part thought if I've got to wear the feker so shd they! But I realize that's very petty though! So just envied them instead! x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"First day in work (supermarket) since masks came back today with my new mask! Lots of customers not wearing them and no lanyard! Part of me thought good for them! The other part thought if I've got to wear the feker so shd they! But I realize that's very petty though! So just envied them instead! x"

I never understood the lanyard since you could buy one from eBay, doesn't prove anything

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"First day in work (supermarket) since masks came back today with my new mask! Lots of customers not wearing them and no lanyard! Part of me thought good for them! The other part thought if I've got to wear the feker so shd they! But I realize that's very petty though! So just envied them instead! x

I never understood the lanyard since you could buy one from eBay, doesn't prove anything "

That's just it u dont have to prove anything! U can be "excempt" and not wear one it's their prerogative and tbh I dont think people shd have to wear them and single them selves out I dont give a flying fuck wear a mask dont wear one wear a lanyard or dont ! I only wear it because I conform! Chicken me dont like confrontation x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"First day in work (supermarket) since masks came back today with my new mask! Lots of customers not wearing them and no lanyard! Part of me thought good for them! The other part thought if I've got to wear the feker so shd they! But I realize that's very petty though! So just envied them instead! x

I never understood the lanyard since you could buy one from eBay, doesn't prove anything

That's just it u dont have to prove anything! U can be "excempt" and not wear one it's their prerogative and tbh I dont think people shd have to wear them and single them selves out I dont give a flying fuck wear a mask dont wear one wear a lanyard or dont ! I only wear it because I conform! Chicken me dont like confrontation x"

Many people don't like confrontation doesn't make you a chicken, anyway you wearing a mask helps you, if they don't wear one they are at more risk than you are. Let people do what they like.

At the end of the day I could go grocery shopping for 30 mins wearing a mask then go to the pub for the night and not wear one, I'd be closer to people in a pub than a supermarket so what's the point in wearing one at all

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

That's just it u dont have to prove anything! U can be "excempt" and not wear one it's their prerogative and tbh I dont think people shd have to wear them and single them selves out I dont give a flying fuck wear a mask dont wear one wear a lanyard or dont ! I only wear it because I conform! Chicken me dont like confrontation x

Many people don't like confrontation doesn't make you a chicken, anyway you wearing a mask helps you, if they don't wear one they are at more risk than you are. Let people do what they like.

At the end of the day I could go grocery shopping for 30 mins wearing a mask then go to the pub for the night and not wear one, I'd be closer to people in a pub than a supermarket so what's the point in wearing one at all "

Exactly! All a load of bollocks! X

Reply privately

over a year ago

At the end of the day I could go grocery shopping for 30 mins wearing a mask then go to the pub for the night and not wear one, I'd be closer to people in a pub than a supermarket so what's the point in wearing one at all

Exactly! All a load of bollocks! X"

Ha ha, let's see this pretty mask

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Ha ha, let's see this pretty mask "

It's in washing machine for tomoz it's a xmas one snowmen x

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's in washing machine for tomoz it's a xmas one snowmen x"

So cool, or is that cold

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

So cool, or is that cold "

Actually was not troublesome wearing it today! As not worn one since july as it's cold now was not good back then! X

Reply privately

over a year ago

So cool, or is that cold

Actually was not troublesome wearing it today! As not worn one since july as it's cold now was not good back then! X"

That's the thing loads of people used to wear a scarf over their mouths in the winter to keep themselves warm, it's still a face covering

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's just it u dont have to prove anything! U can be "excempt" and not wear one it's their

prerogative and tbh I dont think people shd have to wear them and single them selves out I dont give a flying fuck wear a mask dont wear one wear a lanyard or dont ! I only wear it because I conform! Chicken me dont like confrontation x

Many people don't like confrontation doesn't

make you a chicken, anyway you wearing a mask helps you, if they don't wear one they are at more risk than you are. Let people do what they like.

At the end of the day I could go grocery shopping for 30 mins wearing a mask then go to the pub for the night and not wear one, I'd be closer to people in a pub than a

supermarket so what's the point in wearing one at all

So cool, or is that cold

Actually was not troublesome wearing it today! As not worn one since july as it's cold now was not good back then! X

That's the thing loads of people used to wear

a scarf over their mouths in the winter to keep themselves warm, it's still a face covering "

never got fined or looked down on for not doing tho eh?

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's just it u dont have to prove anything! U can be "excempt" and not wear one it's their

prerogative and tbh I dont think people shd have to wear them and single them selves out I dont give a flying fuck wear a mask dont wear one wear a lanyard or dont ! I only wear it because I conform! Chicken me dont like confrontation x

Many people don't like confrontation doesn't

make you a chicken, anyway you wearing a mask helps you, if they don't wear one they are at more risk than you are. Let people do what they like.

At the end of the day I could go grocery shopping for 30 mins wearing a mask then go to the pub for the night and not wear one, I'd be closer to people in a pub than a

supermarket so what's the point in wearing one at all

So cool, or is that cold

That's the thing loads of people used to wear

a scarf over their mouths in the winter to keep themselves warm, it's still a face covering

never got fined or looked down on for not doing tho eh?"

Was it your choice not to wear one ?

Reply privately

By *litheroevoyeurMan
over a year ago

Clitheroe

Bkr"

What the fuck does this actually mean?

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Bkr

What the fuck does this actually mean?"

It seems clear to me, do we need to be so aggressive when YOU can't understand a post

He looks to be saying....Selfish people should wear a mask

This hasn't gone away and with Boris in charge it feels like a sinking ship

Wear a mask Boris and resign over 165000 people being dead and around a 1000 people a week dying since August.

Reply privately

over a year ago

To be fair Rugby it is a tough read and I'm still unsure about the first line, even you said selfish people should wear a mask

You can see the confusion surely

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I can see the nitpicking yes, I am sure it can be figured out by most even if not perfect

Reply privately

over a year ago

I was on the bus, wearing my face mask, coming home from the shops yesterday and after I got up to get off, somebody sneezed behind me. I turned round, as did a few others and there was a guy behind me who was the one who sneezed and I noticed he wasn't wearing a face mask. I just thought "you selfish sod". He was the only one on the bus who wasn't wearing a mask and he had the nerve to give me a dirty look after we both got off at the same stop!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I was on the bus, wearing my face mask, coming home from the shops yesterday and after I got up to get off, somebody sneezed behind me. I turned round, as did a few others and there was a guy behind me who was the one who sneezed and I noticed he wasn't wearing a face mask. I just thought "you selfish sod". He was the only one on the bus who wasn't wearing a mask and he had the nerve to give me a dirty look after we both got off at the same stop! "

And how do you he wasn't exempt? So you have no idea if he was selfish or not so maybe you deserved the dirty look. If he was sneezing you should not have turned your face towards him!

Reply privately

By *herryEatersCouple
over a year ago

East Cheshire

Coronavirus has a diameter of 0.12 microns. The holes in common paper masks, 2 microns. N95 masks, 0.3 microns. FFP2 masks, 0.3 microns. Only professional masks such as FFP3 and P100 have filtration fine enough to stop the virus.

The advantage of wearing a common mask ?, it reduces the reach of your breath to others around you. Disadvantages ?, they DON'T stop viruses and greatly increase the amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) that you'll breathe back in and hence less oxygen. In small amounts it can make you feel faint, tired.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I was on the bus, wearing my face mask, coming home from the shops yesterday and after I got up to get off, somebody sneezed behind me. I turned round, as did a few others and there was a guy behind me who was the one who sneezed and I noticed he wasn't wearing a face mask. I just thought "you selfish sod". He was the only one on the bus who wasn't wearing a mask and he had the nerve to give me a dirty look after we both got off at the same stop!

And how do you he wasn't exempt? So you have no idea if he was selfish or not so maybe you deserved the dirty look. If he was sneezing you should not have turned your face towards him! "

He isn't exempt. Someone actually asked him why he wasn't wearing one and he said "because I don't want to". People automatically turn to look but at least our germs weren't on him as we were all wearing masks so we're were protected. I have friends who have asthma who wear masks when out and travelling and they're ok x

Reply privately

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"Coronavirus has a diameter of 0.12 microns. The holes in common paper masks, 2 microns. N95 masks, 0.3 microns. FFP2 masks, 0.3 microns. Only professional masks such as FFP3 and P100 have filtration fine enough to stop the virus.

How does a mask not stop

The advantage of wearing a common mask ?, it reduces the reach of your breath to others around you. Disadvantages ?, they DON'T stop viruses and greatly increase the amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) that you'll breathe back in and hence less oxygen. In small amounts it can make you feel faint, tired."

How does a mask not stop a 0.12 micron virus particle yet it can stop a carbon dioxide particle which is 0.33 nanometres that is 0.00033 microns. If you are going to use science you have to be consistent. Any mask can reduce viral load exuded by a person and no it doesn't increase the amount of carbon dioxide you breath in.

Reply privately

By *avana8817Man
over a year ago

Consett

Stop being selfish "

I bet your a right laugh

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"

....Disadvantages ?, they DON'T stop viruses and greatly increase the amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) that you'll breathe back in and hence less oxygen. In small amounts it can make you feel faint, tired."

Someone needs to invent either a mask with reduced intercourse between exhaled and inhaled air, or, a mouth fitting diverter valve which releases the CO2 laden exhaled breath via another route,filtered of course to trap any covid particles which have survived the journey in and out again.

Ideally the CO2 could be recovered and sold to fire extinguisher and fizzy drinks manufacturers.

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Compliance is easier than courage

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Coronavirus has a diameter of 0.12 microns. The holes in common paper masks, 2 microns. N95 masks, 0.3 microns. FFP2 masks, 0.3 microns. Only professional masks such as FFP3 and P100 have filtration fine enough to stop the virus.

How does a mask not stop

The advantage of wearing a common mask ?, it reduces the reach of your breath to others around you. Disadvantages ?, they DON'T stop viruses and greatly increase the amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) that you'll breathe back in and hence less oxygen. In small amounts it can make you feel faint, tired.

How does a mask not stop a 0.12 micron virus particle yet it can stop a carbon dioxide particle which is 0.33 nanometres that is 0.00033 microns. If you are going to use science you have to be consistent. Any mask can reduce viral load exuded by a person and no it doesn't increase the amount of carbon dioxide you breath in."

Don't go bringing facts into this

Reply privately

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"Compliance is easier than courage"

No compliance isn't easier its sometimes uncomfortable to wear. Much easier not to wear a mask and spread your diseases about.

Reply privately

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

How does a mask not stop

How does a mask not stop a 0.12 micron virus particle yet it can stop a carbon dioxide particle which is 0.33 nanometres that is 0.00033 microns. If you are going to use science you have to be consistent. Any mask can reduce viral load exuded by a person and no it doesn't increase the amount of carbon dioxide you breath in."

Some people will look for any excuse not to wear a mask including ignoring the fact that the virus isn't actually truly airborne it is aerosolbourne as it is carried in the water droplets exhaled which are much larger. I have had the mask discussion many times on this forum in the past two years and still i see people that don't understand the simple fact that masks do work

Reply privately

By *uv2kissMan
over a year ago

fenland

"I’ll wear one in Asda ,,but not Sainsbury’s

"

You do get a better class of covid in Sainsburys

Reply privately

By *herryEatersCouple
over a year ago

East Cheshire

" Some people will look for any excuse not to wear a mask including ignoring the fact that the virus isn't actually truly airborne it is aerosolbourne as it is carried in the water droplets exhaled which are much larger. I have had the mask discussion many times on this forum in the past two years and still i see people that don't understand the simple fact that masks do work "

Having worked in laboratories for three decades "masks do work" is a very vague and incorrect statement. There are masks available that DO stop viruses and are specifically designed to do so but they are very expensive and not commonly available. 'Common' paper masks only slightly reduce transmission between people in close proximity. Yes an exhaled virus is mostly accompanied by water droplets yet not all and those that are, soon dry.

Reply privately

By *herryEatersCouple
over a year ago

East Cheshire

"How does a mask not stop a 0.12 micron virus particle yet it can stop a carbon dioxide particle which is 0.33 nanometres that is 0.00033 microns. If you are going to use science you have to be consistent. Any mask can reduce viral load exuded by a person and no it doesn't increase the amount of carbon dioxide you breath in."

Anything placed in front of your mouth WILL produce resistance to airflow so you will be breathing back in more CO2 than in open air.

Reply privately

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"How does a mask not stop a 0.12 micron virus particle yet it can stop a carbon dioxide particle which is 0.33 nanometres that is 0.00033 microns. If you are going to use science you have to be consistent. Any mask can reduce viral load exuded by a person and no it doesn't increase the amount of carbon dioxide you breath in.

Anything placed in front of your mouth WILL produce resistance to airflow so you will be breathing back in more CO2 than in open air."

But you said it won't stop a virus particles getting out which are about a 1000 times smaller than CO2 but it will keep CO2 particles in. It's all about gas pressures which inside and out of a typical mass is pretty much identical the gas will readily mix. So the CO2 level in a mask by the time you take a breath will be pretty much what the bulk CO2 level. If what you are saying is true operating staff in hospitals would have been keeling over for years.

Reply privately

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

Stop being selfish "

I wear a mask all day, happy to wear one in shops etc.

Never found putting a piece of paper in front of my face an inconvenience.

There again, don't find washing my hands a great effort either.

But I tend to go with the flow, I'm one of those sheep but rather be a sheep than a drama queen.

Reply privately

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

I don’t think it’s that annoying anyway. I don’t understand why people find it as a “chore”"

They're also brilliant for cursing and muttering under your breath in supermarkets.

Try it, just mutter 'twat' when you walked past someone, then look around in surprise and point at a pensioner while shaking your head.

Reply privately

By *herryEatersCouple
over a year ago

East Cheshire

"They're also brilliant for cursing and muttering under your breath in supermarkets.

Try it, just mutter 'twat' when you walked past someone, then look around in surprise and point at a pensioner while shaking your head.

"

PMSL

Reply privately

By *ingo69Man
over a year ago

north staffs south cheshire

Does that mean I will have to get my gimp fetish mask out

Reply privately

By *azlargepenisMan
over a year ago

about

Good for you..I agree it’s no great hardship. Haven’t had a cold in two years so I’m intending to keep going with it… especially on a winter commute

I asked someone next to me to mask up on a train as someone in my immediate family is on chemo… I got abuse back of course.

Reply privately

By *azlargepenisMan
over a year ago

about

Pity the fool

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I don’t think it’s that annoying anyway. I don’t understand why people find it as a “chore”

They're also brilliant for cursing and muttering under your breath in supermarkets.

"

Reply privately

By *osmocoupleMan
over a year ago

East Sussex

I work in a Tesco Express and loads of people are coming in without a mask. No one cares anymore. We, as staff, can't do a thing about it

Reply privately

By *litheroevoyeurMan
over a year ago

Clitheroe

Bkr

Maybe its me, but just incase it isn't, WTF are you trying to say????"

I asked the same thing because I didn't get it either.

Reply privately

By *litheroevoyeurMan
over a year ago

Clitheroe

[Removed by poster at 04/12/21 00:48:06]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Obviously wearing a mask has advantages but getting worked up about people not wearing one in a shop for ten minutes when there are people in crowded pubs and restaurants with not a mask in sight makes no sense to me.

Reply privately

By *rmrs3535Couple
over a year ago

East Yorks

Wake up sheeples....

Reply privately

By *igNick1381Man
over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"

Or grow a pair of balls and say it to someone's face

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

Just wear a mask, something is better than nothing, it doesn’t hurt and it’s an easy thing to do.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just wear a mask, something is better than nothing, it doesn’t hurt and it’s an easy thing to do. "

Not for everyone though Babs. Whilst I think everyone should wear a face covering whenever they can it's not fair on those that can't always to be told its easy.

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"Just wear a mask, something is better than nothing, it doesn’t hurt and it’s an easy thing to do.

Not for everyone though Babs. Whilst I think everyone should wear a face covering whenever they can it's not fair on those that can't always to be told its easy. "

The thing is, I don’t really think there are many people that can’t genuinely wear a mask. That’s my honest opinion, and if people who can wear one did so, it would help everyone, including those that genuinely feel they can’t.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just wear a mask, something is better than nothing, it doesn’t hurt and it’s an easy thing to do.

Not for everyone though Babs. Whilst I think everyone should wear a face covering whenever they can it's not fair on those that can't always to be told its easy.

The thing is, I don’t really think there are many people that can’t genuinely wear a mask. That’s my honest opinion, and if people who can wear one did so, it would help everyone, including those that genuinely feel they can’t. "

But the difficulty is how do you differentiate them which is why I think we just need to be kind.

I think it was mind that said last week they have been Inundated with people with mental health problems saying they are frightened to go out because they can't wear a mask because they get too stressed and have panic attacks and are frightened of being shouted at or abused.

Reply privately

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

Just wear a mask what does it matter if you don't lie it ....ffs

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just wear a mask what does it matter if you don't lie it ....ffs"

It's not about not liking it. There are reasons why people can't wear that is why there are exemptions.

Reply privately