FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Anyone else having difficutly getting tests kits from chemists?

Jump to newest

By *atEvolution OP   Couple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Asked at 3 Chemists yesterday and all said sorry we have no deliveries of them. Two said that they also have no idea when deliveries will be made, where in the past they always have. Third chemists really didn't seem to care too much about it.

(Yup. I know that I can order them online - It's always been convenient for me to get while out and about)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/11/21 14:34:00]

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

This will be the next nudge from Govt. no longer provide for free meaning:

a. We will have to buy them making somebody even wealthier.

b. Many people will stop bothering to test meaning that Covid will continue to spread but numbers recorded will look lower masking the march to herd immunity afterall!

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Wirral

Yes tried two chemists today none in

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Did as they said get online but found another one local wasn't familiar where they were pretty new and the guy happily dropped the kit off and advised if needed anymore just to contact him anytime very much appreciated and overwhelmed...

over a year ago

"This will be the next nudge from Govt. no longer provide for free meaning:

b. Many people will stop bothering to test meaning that Covid will continue to spread but numbers recorded will look lower masking the march to herd immunity afterall!

"

And eventually with the phasing out of home LFT kits...

c. Proof of negative test results no longer a thing.

Vaccine passports only for entrance to events, pubs, shops etc.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It's patchy in this area.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Can still get them here, only change now need a code and they are no longer available from local pcr testing site, pharmacies only

Easier to get them posted out now

By *atEvolution OP   Couple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Can still get them here, only change now need a code and they are no longer available from local pcr testing site, pharmacies only

Easier to get them posted out now "

I asked our local Pharmacy, and they said yes - bring a code - but we don't have any and don't have any scheduled deliveries like we used to, so it's kinda' useless really.

By *eardsandboobsCouple
over a year ago

isle of wight festival

They have two stalls with them on here. One in the town centre and one at the university

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

I get mine from my local test centre

over a year ago

Ordered mine as usual from government website yesterday and received by post this morning.

over a year ago

If everyone stopped getting tested this madness would all be over.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Isn't this part of Operation Ramp down?

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"If everyone stopped getting tested this madness would all be over."

How would that work?

over a year ago

No

By *b_71Man
over a year ago

Caerphilly area

Quite right

And if the police stopped using the breathalyser we would have no drink driving either…

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"This will be the next nudge from Govt. no longer provide for free meaning:

"

Yup

By *erry bull1Man
over a year ago

doncaster

Use the nhs app , they post them to you

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Most of the university have a test station so might be this way to get the kit So contact the university near yourself that do tests and ask if they supply kits for the public...

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"Can still get them here, only change now need a code and they are no longer available from local pcr testing site, pharmacies only

Easier to get them posted out now

I asked our local Pharmacy, and they said yes - bring a code - but we don't have any and don't have any scheduled deliveries like we used to, so it's kinda' useless really. "

That’s why getting them posted out is quicker now. Normally here 1-2 days after placing order depending on what time you put it in.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Asked at 3 Chemists yesterday and all said sorry we have no deliveries of them. Two said that they also have no idea when deliveries will be made, where in the past they always have. Third chemists really didn't seem to care too much about it.

(Yup. I know that I can order them online - It's always been convenient for me to get while out and about)"

Nope got them at my local as usual.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

so its testing that speads it then... who knew

over a year ago

Handing them out like fliers at Birmingham New St. train station on monday.

over a year ago

Each rapid antigen kit costs £43

over a year ago

"Each rapid antigen kit costs £43"

Well, I've saved the country thousands then.

Only used one. Ever.

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

I order them online now and they appear through the letter box the following day

over a year ago

I phone our doctor couple of weeks ago as had bad cough. Said I must have Covid test and I explained I had two at home from the chemist. The doc said no I will book you in a test centre as the ones from the

Chemist not reliable

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I phone our doctor couple of weeks ago as had bad cough. Said I must have Covid test and I explained I had two at home from the chemist. The doc said no I will book you in a test centre as the ones from the

Chemist not reliable "

The at home ones are meant to be an asymptomatic screen. The test centre ones are better

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

If you know anyone who works in a school ... have a chat to them.

The school Cal works for has more kits than they will ever need.

By *ob08Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

My chemist has a massive stack of them on the front desk.

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

People are being encouraged to take an LFT before going somewhere busy.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

I've noticed now you have to get a code. But think that's to help make sure they are validated etc

over a year ago

"I've noticed now you have to get a code. But think that's to help make sure they are validated etc"

It;s to stop people stacking them on a shelf. Pharmacists reported that some people were visiting several times each week for kits.

There is also a problem with over three-quarters of people not reporting the results of the tests.

From my viewpoint, since I have to report a test result prior to hospital appts, it would mean a test within the hospital, with the attached waiting time. All my reported LFT results show on the NHS APP.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

"I've noticed now you have to get a code. But think that's to help make sure they are validated etc

It;s to stop people stacking them on a shelf. Pharmacists reported that some people were visiting several times each week for kits.

There is also a problem with over three-quarters of people not reporting the results of the tests.

From my viewpoint, since I have to report a test result prior to hospital appts, it would mean a test within the hospital, with the attached waiting time. All my reported LFT results show on the NHS APP."

I have boxes of them as my work gave me loads... college sent my daughter home with loads to

My NHS app covid bit is huge.... multiple tests a week.... not one has been positive though

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I've noticed now you have to get a code. But think that's to help make sure they are validated etc

From my viewpoint, since I have to report a test result prior to hospital appts, it would mean a test within the hospital, with the attached waiting time. All my reported LFT results show on the NHS APP."

Must have free stuff.... Must have free stuff..

By *azylivingMan
over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

"Asked at 3 Chemists yesterday and all said sorry we have no deliveries of them. Two said that they also have no idea when deliveries will be made, where in the past they always have. Third chemists really didn't seem to care too much about it.

(Yup. I know that I can order them online - It's always been convenient for me to get while out and about)"

Just ordered them online. No issue

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

[Removed by poster at 24/11/21 19:39:31]

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

I have loads of test kits from work. I was testing daily when helping out elderly neighbours as a precaution. Work kept giving me them and my testing tapered off when those neighbours started to venture out. Slowly passing them off to friends/family when needed.

over a year ago

"If everyone stopped getting tested this madness would all be over.

How would that work?"

Because it's only the testing that's keeping this scamdemic going. If the BBC didn't report the daily case numbers and deaths (of any cause within 28 days of a positive test), and people weren't wearing masks, would you think there was a pandemic going on? It's not like there are bodies piled up in the street.

The case numbers can easily be manipulated by increasing or decreasing the amount of testing. Austria, for example, is currently doing a lot more testing, and lo and behold they've discovered enough 'cases' to justify a lockdown and a vaccine mandate. The tests also aren't completely reliable - someone told me if you drink orange juice it can give you a false positive with the lateral flow ones.

If we are to move on to 'endemic' status and live with this thing then we need to stop this mass testing of healthy people. It's also costing the government huge sums of money, not to mention the environmental cost (all that plastic eh). I'm sure some people are making a pretty penny out of it, though...

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

How would that work?

Because it's only the testing that's keeping this scamdemic going. If the BBC didn't report the daily case numbers and deaths (of any cause within 28 days of a positive test), and people weren't wearing masks, would you think there was a pandemic going on? It's not like there are bodies piled up in the street.

The case numbers can easily be manipulated by increasing or decreasing the amount of testing. Austria, for example, is currently doing a lot more testing, and lo and behold they've discovered enough 'cases' to justify a lockdown and a vaccine mandate. The tests also aren't completely reliable - someone told me if you drink orange juice it can give you a false positive with the lateral flow ones.

If we are to move on to 'endemic' status and live with this thing then we need to stop this mass testing of healthy people. It's also costing the government huge sums of money, not to mention the environmental cost (all that plastic eh). I'm sure some people are making a pretty penny out of it, though..."

sorry but you actually believe this???

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

How would that work?

If we are to move on to 'endemic' status and live with this thing then we need to stop this mass testing of healthy people. It's also costing the government huge sums of money, not to mention the environmental cost (all that plastic eh). I'm sure some people are making a pretty penny out of it, though..."

There's a lot of truth in what you say

By *limBobStretchedPantsMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Walk into your local university campus. If they are anything like mine they have hundreds to just pick up and take.

By *xhib12Man
over a year ago

Blyth

How would that work?

Absolute garbage.

If people test and the results are positive then there are more cases.

If people test negative then there are less cases, it works both ways, there is no conspiracy.

Ref your orange juice statement, it was reported that kids had discovered that putting various liquids, orange juice being one of them, onto the lateral flow test strip could show a positive or negative result. Simply drinking orange juice would not affect the test.

If you're going to spout nonsense at least fact check it first.

over a year ago

"

scamdemic... BBC...28 days..wearing masks... bodies piled up in the steet...easily be manipulated... tests also aren't completely reliable...someone told me... drink orange juice...

"

I just need "Carrie Mullins/too many PCR cycles!!1!", "gene therapy" and "big pharma" for my pandemic conspiracy/thick as shit bingo card.

over a year ago

They were being delivered to every house in my street last week

Post new Message to Thread