Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Do you feel safer with booster?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Morning

Or could it drive you to a false sense of security.

FYI, me and my lovely wife had ours a few days ago - we feel safer and at times thinking about visiting family as we have not done for over 18 months but on the odd ocassion we are out to the shops during quite hours = We will contiue to wear our masks in enclosed and crowed spaces to help reduce the risk to other people and a smaller amount of reduced to us.

If we all wore masks and most can, trust me, there would be less covid and flu and that's not rocket science.

btw, first two jabs were the Astra types and booster, we were offered a choice and went for pizer.

NB: no rudeness please as we all have different views.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

"Morning

FYI, me and my lovely wife had ours a few days ago - we feel safer and at times thinking about visiting family as we have not done for over 18 months but on the odd ocassion we are out to the shops during quite hours = We will contiue to wear our masks in enclosed and crowed spaces to help reduce the risk to other people and a smaller amount of reduced to us.

If we all wore masks and most can, trust me, there would be less covid and flu and that's not rocket science.

btw, first two jabs were the Astra types and booster, we were offered a choice and went for pizer.

NB: no rudeness please as we all have different views."

You've made your choice, you feel happier and that's entirely fine. It's nobody esle's business. Good luck.

By *anddXXXCouple
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 11/11/21 09:51:44]

By *anddXXXCouple
over a year ago

London

"Morning

You've made your choice, you feel happier and that's entirely fine. It's nobody esle's business. Good luck."

Your choice. Strange that you feel the need to tell everyone, it's as if you are preaching. But Heyho.

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

"Morning

I quite agree, having the booster has given me some additional reassurance, but I will continue to be cautious in crowded places.

I am puzzled with the fact you say you were given a choice. If you mean re the vaccine for the booster, there is no AstraZenaca booster... In my area its Pfizer for everyone.

over a year ago

"

Your choice. Strange that you feel the need to tell everyone, it's as if you are preaching. But Heyho."

nothing "stranger" just sharing my/our views and I believe millions have done so on forums like this. In my OP, I've made it clear that "we are all different" come to this topic. So not sure why you said that, but hey, ho...

over a year ago

Hi Lizzy

My bad - the choice was between Pizer and the other oneModerna or something like that. The reason we went for Pifzer is it had better write up and longer time in use than the other but the other has better write ups recently.

NB: My understanding is people can get the Astra if the doctors agree with someone due to medicals.

By *weetandHungMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Morning

Personally wouldn’t know OP as refused the booster

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"Morning

You obviously wasted your time asking for no rudeness, some probably won't be able to resist

My wife had her booster and mine is booked for a few weeks.

There are some signs coming from hospitals in Northern Ireland that immunity has started to wane in those vaccinated early in the program so yes, we will feel safer but we will continue to avoid those who are anti vaxxers and the covidiot types still denying the existence not just because of the Covid risk but mostly because if the mental attitude that's incompatible with our outlook.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would feel safer with the booster, but not to the point where I would take no precautions.

I'm due my booster in about 4 weeks. I'll probably go for Moderna if given a choice, but just based on the latest reports I've read re long term efficacy. But all boosters do their job.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

"... but we will continue to avoid those who are anti vaxxers and the covidiot types still denying the existence not just because of the Covid risk but mostly because if the mental attitude that's incompatible with our outlook...

"

Interested to know how you manage to avoid such people unless you question everyone you meet and demand proof of their vaccine status.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Herne Bay

We have both had Covid and apparently the antibodies you make from having had Covid is far superior to the vaccine

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Morning

You've made your choice, you feel happier and that's entirely fine. It's nobody esle's business. Good luck."

That's the point of the forum though, to share experiences, knowledge, opinions etc.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"We have both had Covid and apparently the antibodies you make from having had Covid is far superior to the vaccine"

You can't rely on that being the case and the expert advice is that you gain the strongest, longer lasting immunity from having vaccination, after having such an infection.

over a year ago

"

we will continue to avoid those covidiot types still denying the existence

"

I seriously doubt you've actually met anyone like this in real life, nice strawman though. I don't know anyone who is unvaccinated and not been infected, kinda hard to deny to existence of something that infected you.

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"We have both had Covid and apparently the antibodies you make from having had Covid is far superior to the vaccine"

Interesting, can you share the data for that ?

"Apparently" doesn't inspire much confidence to be honest.

All I can draw on is that two unvaccinated people I know have actually had Covid twice and the second time was worse

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I've had my booster and feel likely to be more safe from becoming seriously ill or losing my life, rather than not having it. But there are no guarantees with our health, we can only rely on the evidence and how our bodies respond to infection.

The stronger defence is likely to be multilayered, with several preventative strategies. I social distance and use masks. I'd also stay home and test, if I developed symptoms. The vast majority of wise people have been vaccinated and their actions have given everyone more freedom. At my local supermarket it's very rare to see an independent without a mask. I'd avoid other places.

over a year ago

Herne Bay

"We have both had Covid and apparently the antibodies you make from having had Covid is far superior to the vaccine

Interesting, can you share the data for that ?

"Apparently" doesn't inspire much confidence to be honest.

All I can draw on is that two unvaccinated people I know have actually had Covid twice and the second time was worse "

we have heard it on the radio by medical professionals, don’t forget many get ill after having Covid vaccine, we are double jabbed so got plenty of protection

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"

I seriously doubt you've actually met anyone like this in real life, nice strawman though. I don't know anyone who is unvaccinated and not been infected, kinda hard to deny to existence of something that infected you. "

Well you are 100% WRONG

We were arranging a meeting with a couple on fab until they announced that Covid was part of the plandemic and didn't exist and slagged us off for doing lateral flow tests rigged by the pharma companies paid by the WHO

They do exist lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Antibodies are also just a small piece of our immune systems and their levels diminish over time. They can be boosted, via reinfection or vaccines. If you'd relied on the world just using infections to open back up. There would have been catastrophic levels of lives lost and permanent damage to health. We wouldn't have managed the July 'freedom' day without vaccines.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

I myself won't be taking a booster simple reason we were all advised to begin with that two vacations were important to build up the immune system and to recognise the virus so from the two I've received my body has built up a defence or has learnt to do so and I think the booster is mainly for those who whatever medical reasons may need the booster to maintain a balance for a defence the human body learns how to protect itself naturally but this is also based on each person's lifestyle or health..... Not knocking anyone who has had the booster and happy it is working for you

By *ohnj21Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"Morning

If we all wore masks and most can, trust me, there would be less covid and flu and that's not

rocket science.

I agree with you were the, same.

Can't believe why peolre so selfish and won't wear masks supermarket and public transport. Very very selfish

over a year ago

"

I seriously doubt you've actually met anyone like this in real life, nice strawman though. I don't know anyone who is unvaccinated and not been infected, kinda hard to deny to existence of something that infected you.

Well you are 100% WRONG

We were arranging a meeting with a couple on fab until they announced that Covid was part of the plandemic and didn't exist and slagged us off for doing lateral flow tests rigged by the pharma companies paid by the WHO

They do exist lol"

You should play the lottery more often. I hang out with a lot of people who believe things I don't about what the government gets up to, real fringe stuff, but I've yet to meet anyone actually denying its existence.

over a year ago

"We have both had Covid and apparently the antibodies you make from having had Covid is far superior to the vaccine

Antibodies are also just a small piece of our immune systems and their levels diminish over time. They can be boosted, via reinfection or vaccines. If you'd relied on the world just using infections to open back up. There would have been catastrophic levels of lives lost and permanent damage to health. We wouldn't have managed the July 'freedom' day without vaccines. "

Nonsense. You know why Sweden never had a freedom day? Because they never had a lockdown. Less deaths, better economy. Turn off the BBC once in a while.

FYI: most normal people weren't following the fucking rules anyway so the date meant nothing

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I believe boosters will make people safer. The evidence seems to support it.

I don't know when or how I'll feel safe again. The word seems to have lost meaning.

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

Antibodies are also just a small piece of our immune systems and their levels diminish over time. They can be boosted, via reinfection or vaccines. If you'd relied on the world just using infections to open back up. There would have been catastrophic levels of lives lost and permanent damage to health. We wouldn't have managed the July 'freedom' day without vaccines.

Nonsense. You know why Sweden never had a freedom day? Because they never had a lockdown. Less deaths, better economy. Turn off the BBC once in a while.

FYI: most normal people weren't following the fucking rules anyway so the date meant nothing"

Actually if you do a forum search you'll find that stuff about Sweden was debunked several times by people who actually live there

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

FYI: most normal people weren't following the fucking rules anyway so the date meant nothing"

You're denying the huge benefits that we've gained from having had such high vaccination levels? What would the estimated death and infection levels have been without anyone being vaccinated here? We're now almost a year on from the start of vaccinations and they've given you enormous benefits.

over a year ago

Herne Bay

Must admit we are not one bit worried about Covid for ourselves, we have much less than 1 per cent chance of dying with it , But we are all scared of some illness and cancer is ours , 1 in 2 people get cancer and having seen friends relatives with it must say it does worry us

over a year ago

FYI: most normal people weren't following the fucking rules anyway so the date meant nothing

Actually if you do a forum search you'll find that stuff about Sweden was debunked several times by people who actually live there"

No I won't take my stats from the fab forum thanks. It's a fact, less deaths per 1m than UK and about half the economic destruction.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

I've decided I'm not having the booster x

over a year ago

You're denying the huge benefits that we've gained from having had such high vaccination levels? What would the estimated death and infection levels have been without anyone being vaccinated here? We're now almost a year on from the start of vaccinations and they've given you enormous benefits. "

What's the difference in total deaths in England and Wales upto and including week 43 2021, compared to 2020, as a percentage?

(i.e. what's the difference in deaths this year to last year in total, not covid)

By *luttyLaylaWoman
over a year ago

North West

Had all 3 Pfizer’s and very thankful for it

Gives me that extra reassurance but I still do my bit in public places

over a year ago

You're denying the huge benefits that we've gained from having had such high vaccination levels? What would the estimated death and infection levels have been without anyone being vaccinated here? We're now almost a year on from the start of vaccinations and they've given you enormous benefits.

What's the difference in total deaths in England and Wales upto and including week 43 2021, compared to 2020, as a percentage?

(i.e. what's the difference in deaths this year to last year in total, not covid)"

I'm guessing it's similar. Despite I suspect higher cases. Which I suspect started after loxkdown was stopped.

Can't to the data crunching today.

But unless we are saying the vaccine surveillance is duff, it looks fairly clear that vaccines add benefit.

over a year ago

"

(i.e. what's the difference in deaths this year to last year in total, not covid)

I'm guessing it's similar. Despite I suspect higher cases. Which I suspect started after loxkdown was stopped.

But unless we are saying the vaccine surveillance is duff, it looks fairly clear that vaccines add benefit."

It's more that a lot of people live in this fantasy world where we can just stop the world and there will be no consequences to that. All these extreme measures have simply shifted the burden to other areas. So whilst the over 70s are having a better 2021 than 2020, almost nobody else is.

over a year ago

"

But unless we are saying the vaccine surveillance is duff, it looks fairly clear that vaccines add benefit.

It's more that a lot of people live in this fantasy world where we can just stop the world and there will be no consequences to that. All these extreme measures have simply shifted the burden to other areas. So whilst the over 70s are having a better 2021 than 2020, almost nobody else is. "

I guess this is how you cut it.

Has my risk changed ? Not much.

Was I worried about my risk during lock down? No.

Has my standard of living improved. Hell yeah.

I don't think we are in a utopia. But I'm happy with the risk and reward balance.

over a year ago

I take no shots and feel perfectly safe. My life cannot be lost as I am the life within the body. X

over a year ago

"I take no shots and feel perfectly safe. My life cannot be lost as I am the life within the body. X"

Get help

over a year ago

" I guess this is how you cut it.

Has my risk changed ? Not much.

Was I worried about my risk during lock down? No.

Has my standard of living improved. Hell yeah.

I don't think we are in a utopia. But I'm happy with the risk and reward balance. "

I see it as the country is waist deep in quicksand but won't acknowledge it as long as they can breath, which is obviously the last point. It just been a shock to me how easy people are to divide into groups and set against each other. If I'd known I probably would have gone into politics for a career.

over a year ago

"I would feel safer with the booster, but not to the point where I would take no precautions.

I'm due my booster in about 4 weeks. I'll probably go for Moderna if given a choice, but just based on the latest reports I've read re long term efficacy. But all boosters do their job. "

Thank you. I would agree with you and in my OP I said we had the choice of the 2 ie pifzer and moderna - and already the latter was a better red but as it was newer we went for the pifzer. however, if we were having our boosters this week, we'd go for the Moderna but having said that, the figures they give often change and it is a newer vaccine.

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

(i.e. what's the difference in deaths this year to last year in total, not covid)"

We the first fact that nobody can dispute is that infections and deaths due to Covid are not rising exponentially as was the case several times last year before the vaccine.

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

"Morning

If we all wore masks and most can, trust me, there would be less covid and flu and that's not

rocket science.

I agree with you were the, same.

Can't believe why peolre so selfish and won't wear masks supermarket and public transport. Very very selfish "

erm they dont wear masks because they dont have to anymore

over a year ago

"I take no shots and feel perfectly safe. My life cannot be lost as I am the life within the body. X

Get help"

Help is required for those who require it. Usually when we see problems we are revealing where our focus lies. Big love. X

I hope you get well soon and find a solution to your dis ease.

over a year ago

yes i do but ive never let my guard down eith im careful i always were a mask when i should and i avoid crowded area's food shop at midnight..

but i have too my job is keeping people and staff protected i have worked thro covid breakouts in the last 3 months lost no one and i belive thats thanks to the vaccine and then i have to be careful when not working due to hubs ill health ..

so i belive the 3 vacines have worked for me my hubs/family and my staff / residents / paitients

i also think others can rightly so have different views because thats how the world spins

over a year ago

"Morning

You've made your choice, you feel happier and that's entirely fine. It's nobody esle's business. Good luck.

That's the point of the forum though, to share experiences, knowledge, opinions etc. "

Exactly

Bloody annoys me when people are so desperate to start something out of nothing

Keyboard bravery

over a year ago

"I take no shots and feel perfectly safe. My life cannot be lost as I am the life within the body. X

Get help

Help is required for those who require it. Usually when we see problems we are revealing where our focus lies. Big love. X

I hope you get well soon and find a solution to your dis ease. "

Seriously, seek some professional help before everything gets too much for you. Re read your profile and realise that your incoherent and borderline psychotic ramblings about vaccine conspiracies are just nonsense.

over a year ago

"Morning

That's the point of the forum though, to share experiences, knowledge, opinions etc.

Exactly

Bloody annoys me when people are so desperate to start something out of nothing

Keyboard bravery "

Thank you for you kind words, sincerely appreciated.

People are here to deabte and we all have different views and I stated that in my OP, did not need to but did. Sadly, even then you get some rude ones.

Me and my family are all for live and let live within the law/etc but we need to use our common sense even though the government all governments are in it for themselves - the people need to be sensible and the way to do that is get a vaccine, wear a mask as per my OP be extra careful and by doing this you are caring about the people around you and if they did the same, I'm sure that there would be less deaths, severe illiness via Covid.

Re anti-vaxers, IMO they have a right to air their views but not concentrate big time on any negatives/risks/etc,

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I have been double jabbed, had covid and had the booster and flu jab. If I go anywhere near a virus now they self destruct!!

over a year ago

Get help

Seriously, seek some professional help before everything gets too much for you. Re read your profile and realise that your incoherent and borderline psychotic ramblings about vaccine conspiracies are just nonsense."

dont be a miserable cunt, he meant you no ill harm and only sent love and positivity your way.

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

Get help

Seriously, seek some professional help before everything gets too much for you. Re read your profile and realise that your incoherent and borderline psychotic ramblings about vaccine conspiracies are just nonsense."

I was going to comment defending the person quoted initially and discuss your unpleasant remarks I then took a look at the text your refer to and will creep away quietly.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

To answer the headline question: yes, I will feel safer once I have had my booster in a few weeks time.

Does that mean I am “safe”? No. Can still get covid, can still pass it on to others.

So will I feel safer? Yes. Will I be complacent? No

over a year ago

Get help

Seriously, seek some professional help before everything gets too much for you. Re read your profile and realise that your incoherent and borderline psychotic ramblings about vaccine conspiracies are just nonsense.

I was going to comment defending the person quoted initially and discuss your unpleasant remarks I then took a look at the text your refer to and will creep away quietly. "

No, you're initial thought was probably right, I need to lighten up about people's worries over the vaccine, it's just that I had COVID earlier this year and nearly died and it just boils my blood to see people dismissing the dangers and quoting internet rumours and disinformation as fact.

By *iobhan123Woman
over a year ago

Deal

"Morning

I certainly do, my son had Covid 4 weeks after mine and I managed to avoid it, also been vaccinating thousands every week since last December and fingers crossed, never contracted it, feel very lucky

over a year ago

"To answer the headline question: yes, I will feel safer once I have had my booster in a few weeks time.

Does that mean I am “safe”? No. Can still get covid, can still pass it on to others.

So will I feel safer? Yes. Will I be complacent? No "

Very sensible post just as we behave

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

".....You know why Sweden never had a freedom day? Because they never had a lockdown. Less deaths, better economy..."

---------------------------

That's incorrect.

The deaths in Sweden is approx. 4 times higher than the combined total deaths in Norway, Denmark and Finland.

Also Sweden's economy suffered more than all the other Nordic countries during the first wave of the pandemic.

And finally, Sweden did not lockdown during the first wave, but... they introduced regional lockdowns during the second wave when they realised that their initial 'no-lockdown' policy was a failure.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Yes OP, we have had our boosters and feel safer than if we hadn't had them. We still wear masks in certain places and social distance, where possible.

By *moothCriminal_xMan
over a year ago

Redditch

I AM safer with a booster because vsccines work. I still take precautions wherever possible because of my job and i love my family. Simples really.

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

Haven't had my booster, likely won't be getting it either. I had COVID fairly early on, was over it fairly quickly thankfully. The immunity from that and both jabs should be enough.

Outside of the first few weeks with videos of people dropping dead in streets of china and being welded inside of buildings I haven't really had a fear of COVID. I don't tend to live my life afraid of what might kill me. It helps that I avoid the constant fear porn peddled by tv and newspapers.

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

"Morning

I certainly do, my son had Covid 4 weeks after mine and I managed to avoid it, also been vaccinating thousands every week since last December and fingers crossed, never contracted it, feel very lucky "

Or you've had it and been asymptomatic, which is even better cause it seems to offer better immunity.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've had covid... my vaccines and the booster.

I don't think it hurts to have the vaccine even if you have had covid. My daughter has her booster in a week

over a year ago

".....You know why Sweden never had a freedom day? Because they never had a lockdown. Less deaths, better economy..."

That's incorrect.

The deaths in Sweden is approx. 4 times higher than the combined total deaths in Norway, Denmark and Finland.

Also Sweden's economy suffered more than all the other Nordic countries during the first wave of the pandemic.

And finally, Sweden did not lockdown during the first wave, but... they introduced regional lockdowns during the second wave when they realised that their initial 'no-lockdown' policy was a failure. "

Not it's not incorrect because I didn't talk about how it compared to those countries. I said Sweden had much lower deaths per 1m people and less economic destruction that the UK which is completely true so stop trying to shift the goalposts.

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

That's incorrect.

And finally, Sweden did not lockdown during the first wave, but... they introduced regional lockdowns during the second wave when they realised that their initial 'no-lockdown' policy was a failure.

Not it's not incorrect because I didn't talk about how it compared to those countries. I said Sweden had much lower deaths per 1m people and less economic destruction that the UK which is completely true so stop trying to shift the goalposts. "

Except it doesn’t make sense to compare Sweden to the U.K., that’s the problem with your statement.

When making comparisons between countries: you compare one country to another comparable country, ie countries with similar demographics.

What you are doing is comparing apples with oranges.

By *d6869Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"... but we will continue to avoid those who are anti vaxxers and the covidiot types still denying the existence not just because of the Covid risk but mostly because if the mental attitude that's incompatible with our outlook...

Interested to know how you manage to avoid such people unless you question everyone you meet and demand proof of their vaccine status."

They have to wear a star saying ‘unvaccinated’

over a year ago

"

That's incorrect.

Not it's not incorrect because I didn't talk about how it compared to those countries. I said Sweden had much lower deaths per 1m people and less economic destruction that the UK which is completely true so stop trying to shift the goalposts.

Except it doesn’t make sense to compare Sweden to the U.K., that’s the problem with your statement.

When making comparisons between countries: you compare one country to another comparable country, ie countries with similar demographics.

"

Just because it's inconvenient to you, doesn't make it apples and oranges. I don't really care what you think of the comparison, it's obvious to me the pro-lockdown crowd don't base their preferences on data and facts.

The botton line is that I made a statement and you called it incorrect. It's not incorrect, you just don't like the comparison. At the end of 2020, the UK was one of the top 10 worst countries for covid deaths per 1m and economic destruction. This year the total deaths are not statistically significantly different to last year. Your lot just love restrictions for the feels, the outcomes are terrible.

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"

That's incorrect.

Just because it's inconvenient to you, doesn't make it apples and oranges. I don't really care what you think of the comparison, it's obvious to me the pro-lockdown crowd don't base their preferences on data and facts.

The botton line is that I made a statement and you called it incorrect. It's not incorrect, you just don't like the comparison. At the end of 2020, the UK was one of the top 10 worst countries for covid deaths per 1m and economic destruction. This year the total deaths are not statistically significantly different to last year. Your lot just love restrictions for the feels, the outcomes are terrible. "

“……….. you just don't like the comparison…..”

———————————

It’s not that I don’t ‘like’ the comparison; its more like your comparison doesn’t make sense.

You remember at the beginning of the pandemic when the press conference where held, and they showed us charts about how the U.K. compared to other countries with regards to deaths and infections?? Those charts were comparing the U.K. to West European countries like France and Germany. No comparisons were made between the U.K. and any Scandinavian country - for obvious reasons.

It is well and good if you compare an alligator to a crocodile; but when you start comparing an alligator to a tiger…… then you lose credibility in your argument.

over a year ago

"

That's incorrect.

The botton line is that I made a statement and you called it incorrect. It's not incorrect, you just don't like the comparison. At the end of 2020, the UK was one of the top 10 worst countries for covid deaths per 1m and economic destruction. This year the total deaths are not statistically significantly different to last year. Your lot just love restrictions for the feels, the outcomes are terrible.

———————————

It’s not that I don’t ‘like’ the comparison; its more like your comparison doesn’t make sense.

You remember at the beginning of the pandemic when the press conference where held, and they showed us charts about how the U.K. compared to other countries with regards to deaths and infections?? Those charts were comparing the U.K. to West European countries like France and Germany. No comparisons were made between the U.K. and any Scandinavian country - for obvious reasons.

It is well and good if you compare an alligator to a crocodile; but when you start comparing an alligator to a tiger…… then you lose credibility in your argument. "

No all I remember at the start of the pandemic was an idiot called Neil Ferguson who has no medical qualifications nor ever made an accurate forecast in his life. I remember him saying 530,000 would die if we didn't all drop our trousers and do whatever the government said and a bunch of dumb fucks believing it. But you double down on your mistakes, why not at this point.

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"

That's incorrect.

———————————

It is well and good if you compare an alligator to a crocodile; but when you start comparing an alligator to a tiger…… then you lose credibility in your argument.

No all I remember at the start of the pandemic was an idiot called Neil Ferguson who has no medical qualifications nor ever made an accurate forecast in his life. I remember him saying 530,000 would die if we didn't all drop our trousers and do whatever the government said and a bunch of dumb fucks believing it. But you double down on your mistakes, why not at this point. "

I never mentioned anything about Neil Ferguson, nor did I claim I believed anything he said. Not sure why you are slipping that in.

#strawman argument.

I just drew your attention to the wrong comparisons you were making.

By *arl17Man
over a year ago

Central Portugal

"Morning

No

over a year ago

"

That's incorrect.

———————————

No all I remember at the start of the pandemic was an idiot called Neil Ferguson who has no medical qualifications nor ever made an accurate forecast in his life. I remember him saying 530,000 would die if we didn't all drop our trousers and do whatever the government said and a bunch of dumb fucks believing it. But you double down on your mistakes, why not at this point.

I never mentioned anything about Neil Ferguson, nor did I claim I believed anything he said. Not sure why you are slipping that in.

#strawman argument.

I just drew your attention to the wrong comparisons you were making. "

Yeah I'm not sure why you're slipping in a bunch of countries I didn't mention but here we are

I just drew your attention to the bullshit that was used to justify the lockdowns that you're defending.

By *ayboii2018_12Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

I had covid between my two doses. I had pfizer due to my age. I'm glad I had it. Covid wasn't pleasant for me. I never underestimated it for one second but if I'm offered a booster next year then I'll happily take it.

Everyones got their own opinion and experience and who are we to say they are wrong. Everyone has a choice

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"

That's incorrect.

———————————

#strawman argument.

Yeah I'm not sure why you're slipping in a bunch of countries I didn't mention but here we are

I just drew your attention to the bullshit that was used to justify the lockdowns that you're defending. "

I mentioned those countries, because those are the countries you should be comparing Sweden to; and *not* to the U.K.

And I’m pointing out that your comparison makes no sense because Sweden should not be used as a yardstick or benchmark to determine whether the U.K. locks down or not.

By *eppoMan
over a year ago

London Colney

"

That's incorrect.

The botton line is that I made a statement and you called it incorrect. It's not incorrect, you just don't like the comparison. At the end of 2020, the UK was one of the top 10 worst countries for covid deaths per 1m and economic destruction. This year the total deaths are not statistically significantly different to last year. Your lot just love restrictions for the feels, the outcomes are terrible. "

They’ve all been brainwashed by MSM .... as u say so much more harms / destruction been done by lockdowns .. but hey ho the BBC keeps scaring them all

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Haven't had my booster, likely won't be getting it either. I had COVID fairly early on, was over it fairly quickly thankfully. The immunity from that and both jabs should be enough.

Outside of the first few weeks with videos of people dropping dead in streets of china and being welded inside of buildings I haven't really had a fear of COVID. I don't tend to live my life afraid of what might kill me. It helps that I avoid the constant fear porn peddled by tv and newspapers."

I don’t love my life in fear either, but I take sensible precautions in many areas of life. I drive pretty sensibly as I have lost friends in road accidents, for example. And I take sensible precautions re covid as I know some people who suffered badly, one of whom was on ventilation for 2 weeks.

Do I live in fear of Covid? No. I go to pubs, restaurants, meet friends, visit friends etc. Pretty much as before. But I have altered some behaviours, like when I visit London I avoid rush hour, in congested public spaces I wear a mask.

And the upside is that j haven’t had a single cold or illness since first lockdown. I now realise that if I look after myself a little better, some simple adjustments, my quality of life is better. I previously accepted that picking up colds and bugs was just a fact of life, and it really isn’t.

Taking a few sensible precautions does not equate to living in fear

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

"Haven't had my booster, likely won't be getting it either. I had COVID fairly early on, was over it fairly quickly thankfully. The immunity from that and both jabs should be enough.

Outside of the first few weeks with videos of people dropping dead in streets of china and being welded inside of buildings I haven't really had a fear of COVID. I don't tend to live my life afraid of what might kill me. It helps that I avoid the constant fear porn peddled by tv and newspapers.

I don’t love my life in fear either, but I take sensible precautions in many areas of life. I drive pretty sensibly as I have lost friends in road accidents, for example. And I take sensible precautions re covid as I know some people who suffered badly, one of whom was on ventilation for 2 weeks.

Do I live in fear of Covid? No. I go to pubs, restaurants, meet friends, visit friends etc. Pretty much as before. But I have altered some behaviours, like when I visit London I avoid rush hour, in congested public spaces I wear a mask.

And the upside is that j haven’t had a single cold or illness since first lockdown. I now realise that if I look after myself a little better, some simple adjustments, my quality of life is better. I previously accepted that picking up colds and bugs was just a fact of life, and it really isn’t.

Taking a few sensible precautions does not equate to living in fear "

Everyone shod take whatever precautions they feel comfortable with. I won't judge anyone for that.

I hadn't had a cold/flu of any sorts (outside of COVID) in two years until three weeks ago. I got hit so hard I honestly thought I'd got a second dose of COVID. I was off my feet longer than I was with covid, it ended up with a chest infection. Made me miss lockdown briefly

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"

That's incorrect.

Google night help your research

The UK and Sweden have among the worst per-capita COVID-19 mortality in Europe. Sweden stands out for its greater reliance on voluntary, rather than mandatory, control measures. We explore how the timing and effectiveness of control measures in the UK, Sweden and Denmark shaped COVID-19 mortality in each country, using a counterfactual assessment: what would the impact have been, had each country adopted the others’ policies? Using a Bayesian semi-mechanistic model without prior assumptions on the mechanism or effectiveness of interventions, we estimate the time-varying reproduction number for the UK, Sweden and Denmark from daily mortality data. We use two approaches to evaluate counterfactuals which transpose the transmission profile from one country onto another, in each country’s first wave from 13th March (when stringent interventions began) until 1st July 2020. UK mortality would have approximately doubled had Swedish policy been adopted, while Swedish mortality would have more than halved had Sweden adopted UK or Danish strategies. Danish policies were most effective, although differences between the UK and Denmark were significant for one counterfactual approach only. Our analysis shows that small changes in the timing or effectiveness of interventions have disproportionately large effects on total mortality within a rapidly growing epidemic.

over a year ago

"

That's incorrect.

———————————

#strawman argument.

I just drew your attention to the bullshit that was used to justify the lockdowns that you're defending. "

why did you mention Sweden? To make a point about lockdown being bad. Why can't others mention countries that did even better with lockdown?

After all Pro lockdown supporters could mention Singapore...

By *eenoseMan
over a year ago

Wigan

Gave me 3 astra due to allergic

over a year ago

"Morning

Your choice. Strange that you feel the need to tell everyone, it's as if you are preaching. But Heyho."

Dnt think that was preaching just think OP was sharing why would you say that.

Well done OP hope you and your wife are feeling good and do you should. Hopefully you can see family soon

By *ervent_fervourMan
over a year ago

Halifax

"Morning

It's an important topic and highly relevent seeing as hundreds of thousands have died from it or are badly affected by it.

Sharing their concerns and feelings and asking others seems both highly appropriate and helpful to many I'm sure.

No idea how you could bizarrely come to the conclusion that it's preaching.

over a year ago

"

That's incorrect.

The UK and Sweden have among the worst per-capita COVID-19 mortality in Europe. Sweden stands out for its greater reliance on voluntary, rather than mandatory, control measures. We explore how the timing and effectiveness of control measures in the UK, Sweden and Denmark shaped COVID-19 mortality in each country, using a counterfactual assessment: what would the impact have been, had each country adopted the others’ policies? Using a Bayesian semi-mechanistic model without prior assumptions on the mechanism or effectiveness of interventions, we estimate the time-varying reproduction number for the UK, Sweden and Denmark from daily mortality data. We use two approaches to evaluate counterfactuals which transpose the transmission profile from one country onto another, in each country’s first wave from 13th March (when stringent interventions began) until 1st July 2020. UK mortality would have approximately doubled had Swedish policy been adopted, while Swedish mortality would have more than halved had Sweden adopted UK or Danish strategies. Danish policies were most effective, although differences between the UK and Denmark were significant for one counterfactual approach only. Our analysis shows that small changes in the timing or effectiveness of interventions have disproportionately large effects on total mortality within a rapidly growing epidemic."

OK tell me what part of this is confusing you. Deaths per 1m:

UK 2,085, 27th in the world

Sweden 1,478, 54th in the world.

What part of that is giving you difficulty?

over a year ago

"

That's incorrect.

———————————

#strawman argument.

I just drew your attention to the bullshit that was used to justify the lockdowns that you're defending. why did you mention Sweden? To make a point about lockdown being bad. Why can't others mention countries that did even better with lockdown?

After all Pro lockdown supporters could mention Singapore...

"

Because that would be a very poor understanding of what happened in Singpore. If you wanted to go that route then you'd be better off talking about Australia. I wouldn't recommend it though.

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

I'll be very unlikely to have a booster. I feel pretty safe as I am

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"

That's incorrect.

The UK and Sweden have among the worst per-capita COVID-19 mortality in Europe. Sweden stands out for its greater reliance on voluntary, rather than mandatory, control measures. We explore how the timing and effectiveness of control measures in the UK, Sweden and Denmark shaped COVID-19 mortality in each country, using a counterfactual assessment: what would the impact have been, had each country adopted the others’ policies? Using a Bayesian semi-mechanistic model without prior assumptions on the mechanism or effectiveness of interventions, we estimate the time-varying reproduction number for the UK, Sweden and Denmark from daily mortality data. We use two approaches to evaluate counterfactuals which transpose the transmission profile from one country onto another, in each country’s first wave from 13th March (when stringent interventions began) until 1st July 2020. UK mortality would have approximately doubled had Swedish policy been adopted, while Swedish mortality would have more than halved had Sweden adopted UK or Danish strategies. Danish policies were most effective, although differences between the UK and Denmark were significant for one counterfactual approach only. Our analysis shows that small changes in the timing or effectiveness of interventions have disproportionately large effects on total mortality within a rapidly growing epidemic.

What part of that is giving you difficulty?"

You seem to be having difficulty with the fact that Sweden is not the leading example you put it forward as.

I didn't write that lot, it's from a scientific journal and not Karen on Facebook.

If you do a search here you will find actual reports from real people living in Sweden and how they did voluntarily what the UK had to be forced to do.

I really don't get what your angle is anyway, the vaccine is accepted by the majority of people worldwide who want tomger back to a normal life not just an us vs them thing in the UK ???

over a year ago

"

What part of that is giving you difficulty?

You seem to be having difficulty with the fact that Sweden is not the leading example you put it forward as.

I didn't write that lot, it's from a scientific journal and not Karen on Facebook.

If you do a search here you will find actual reports from real people living in Sweden and how they did voluntarily what the UK had to be forced to do.

I really don't get what your angle is anyway, the vaccine is accepted by the majority of people worldwide who want tomger back to a normal life not just an us vs them thing in the UK ???"

I didn't put Sweden forward as a "leading example" so you can stop using the strawman tactic. The comment was made that 'freedom day' wouldn't have been possible without the vaccine, which is utter nonsense. Restrictions are a political decision, they end when the politicians decide they do. You've actually argued against yourself twice because as you say, Sweden isn't even a leading example and it still had less deaths and less economic destruction than the UK! Then you point out that many Swedish people did indeed voluntarily change their own behaviour - yes that's the entire fucking point. That's why idiot predictions like 530,000 deaths are impossible - because people always change their behaviour. Do you really not understand the difference between doing something voluntarily and being forced to do something? Try it in your own marriage ffs - the difference between voluntarily making dinner for your partner or telling them they will do it or else, see how the latter goes down.

Also Karen on Facebook doesn't produce the stats I cited so no idea why you are using that language.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

I feel safe anyway booster or no booster. I'll take it if I get offered it but I'm not worried about having it or not.

I'm enjoying going to clubs, gigs, bars etc as well as meeting people on here and I don't wear masks either unless I'm in a dentist, doctors etc.

I've had my vaccines and it's good to be going out again over the last few months.

By *littyloverMan
over a year ago

Broadstairs

You're spot on with that. Natural immunity may and probably does last a lifetime and will also be effective against any variants. Medical immunity only looks for one area of the virus, ie, the spike protein. Any difference will be missed. This is why the vaccines are so leaky and the jabbed and boosted are still contracting the virus. There is also a strong possibility of ADE occuring. This will result in a compromised immunity against other viruses. This was predicted by many Drs who were vilified at the time. This is happening now and of course no apologies to the likes of Dr Mike Yeadon, ex VP of Pfizer. I don't understand why anyone that questions the shoddy science is seen as a heretic and an anti-vaxxer. The population has been terrified into submission and indoctrinated with lies through relentless media and government propaganda. The same is happening, sadly, about climate change. What is happening to science is truly worrying.

By *littyloverMan
over a year ago

Broadstairs

[Removed by poster at 12/11/21 18:40:57]

over a year ago

"You're spot on with that. Natural immunity may and probably does last a lifetime and will also be effective against any variants. Medical immunity only looks for one area of the virus, ie, the spike protein. Any difference will be missed. This is why the vaccines are so leaky and the jabbed and boosted are still contracting the virus. There is also a strong possibility of ADE occuring. This will result in a compromised immunity against other viruses. This was predicted by many Drs who were vilified at the time. This is happening now and of course no apologies to the likes of Dr Mike Yeadon, ex VP of Pfizer. I don't understand why anyone that questions the shoddy science is seen as a heretic and an anti-vaxxer. The population has been terrified into submission and indoctrinated with lies through relentless media and government propaganda. The same is happening, sadly, about climate change. What is happening to science is truly worrying. "

Genuine question, the vaccines work by targeting the spike protein, right? The furin cleavage site is part of the spike protein?

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

I’m perfectly safe as I currently have Covid and will therefore have natural immunity …

By *ighlander80884Man
over a year ago

Inverness

Antibodies are also just a small piece of our immune systems and their levels diminish over time. They can be boosted, via reinfection or vaccines. If you'd relied on the world just using infections to open back up. There would have been catastrophic levels of lives lost and permanent damage to health. We wouldn't have managed the July 'freedom' day without vaccines. "

And latest news from the Zoe covid study is that 1 in 5 people who have had covid have not produced anti bodies.

By *ighlander80884Man
over a year ago

Inverness

"I’m perfectly safe as I currently have Covid and will therefore have natural immunity … "

Not everyone who gets covid produces anti bodies (according to latest studies)

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

"I’m perfectly safe as I currently have Covid and will therefore have natural immunity …

Not everyone who gets covid produces anti bodies (according to latest studies) "

Well I’m sure I will find out one way or the other

over a year ago

"I’m perfectly safe as I currently have Covid and will therefore have natural immunity … "

For a while.

By *ervent_fervourMan
over a year ago

Halifax

A couple of months?

over a year ago

And latest news from the Zoe covid study is that 1 in 5 people who have had covid have not produced anti bodies. "

Could you turn that into a meaningful statement? Immunity is made up of antibodies, T cells and B cells. So what exactly is your claim about the risk of reinfection if someone is missing antibodies?

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

"I’m perfectly safe as I currently have Covid and will therefore have natural immunity …

For a while."

Less than a jab ?? Ha ha …

By *ervent_fervourMan
over a year ago

Halifax

"You're spot on with that. Natural immunity may and probably does last a lifetime and will also be effective against any variants. Medical immunity only looks for one area of the virus, ie, the spike protein. Any difference will be missed. This is why the vaccines are so leaky and the jabbed and boosted are still contracting the virus. There is also a strong possibility of ADE occuring. This will result in a compromised immunity against other viruses. This was predicted by many Drs who were vilified at the time. This is happening now and of course no apologies to the likes of Dr Mike Yeadon, ex VP of Pfizer. I don't understand why anyone that questions the shoddy science is seen as a heretic and an anti-vaxxer. The population has been terrified into submission and indoctrinated with lies through relentless media and government propaganda. The same is happening, sadly, about climate change. What is happening to science is truly worrying. "

Law of averages. If the (evenmore than vast majority) of the scientific community say we should have vaccines, maintaon social distancing when possible, and wear masks, then who am i to disagree?

Even if some scientists dispute, they're a trickle. I'll listen to the consensus and follow that. It would be illogical to do otherwise.ditto with climate change.

You wouldn't (necessarily) go against a doctor would you? Cant understand the people who deny information coming from experts (when they are in comparison ignorant).

Other analogies are available (plumbing, mechanics, IT guys, electricians, teachers, etc, etc ad infinitum).

over a year ago

And latest news from the Zoe covid study is that 1 in 5 people who have had covid have not produced anti bodies.

Could you turn that into a meaningful statement? Immunity is made up of antibodies, T cells and B cells. So what exactly is your claim about the risk of reinfection if someone is missing antibodies? "

From the email:

1 in 5 people with COVID infections won’t get antibodies

Our latest analysis of data from the app shows that one in five ZOE Study participants who tested positive for COVID didn’t go on to have detectable anti-N antibodies afterwards. This means that even if you’ve been infected, you won’t necessarily benefit from the up to 65% protection that we found in some people with a previous infection. For the four in five people who do get anti-N antibodies from infection, your protection is boosted to up to 94% following double vaccination. Read more about the analysis on our blog.

By *ldbutrandyMan
over a year ago

Walsall

Sweden gave 10 times mortality rate than neighbors. So maybe wrong choice ?

By *ldbutrandyMan
over a year ago

Walsall

Could you turn that into a meaningful statement? Immunity is made up of antibodies, T cells and B cells. So what exactly is your claim about the risk of reinfection if someone is missing antibodies?

From the email:

Our latest analysis of data from the app shows that one in five ZOE Study participants who tested positive for COVID didn’t go on to have detectable anti-N antibodies afterwards. This means that even if you’ve been infected, you won’t necessarily benefit from the up to 65% protection that we found in some people with a previous infection. For the four in five people who do get anti-N antibodies from infection, your protection is boosted to up to 94% following double vaccination. Read more about the analysis on our blog."

Can I suggest you stop posting such sensible , well informed posts on here please. It looks so out of place.

over a year ago

From the email:

Our latest analysis of data from the app shows that one in five ZOE Study participants who tested positive for COVID didn’t go on to have detectable anti-N antibodies afterwards. This means that even if you’ve been infected, you won’t necessarily benefit from the up to 65% protection that we found in some people with a previous infection. For the four in five people who do get anti-N antibodies from infection, your protection is boosted to up to 94% following double vaccination. Read more about the analysis on our blog."

"Won't necessarily benefit" doesn't mean anything I'm afraid. Science is about making statements that can be disproven.

over a year ago

Sweden gave 10 times mortality rate than neighbors. So maybe wrong choice ?"

Read the thread before posting ffs

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

Antibodies aren't the only thing that helps you fight infection. The longer lasting protection is likely going to come from the T and B cells.

I have two friends who are professional fighters and live in the US, they both had covid very early on and receive regular antibody tests, both still show strong antibodies now. One is partially vaxxed, other can't have it so hasn't had any of the jabs, yet his antibodies still show on the tests 16-17 months later.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"I myself won't be taking a booster simple reason we were all advised to begin with that two vacations were important to build up the immune system and to recognise the virus so from the two I've received my body has built up a defence or has learnt to do so and I think the booster is mainly for those who whatever medical reasons may need the booster to maintain a balance for a defence the human body learns how to protect itself naturally but this is also based on each person's lifestyle or health..... Not knocking anyone who has had the booster and happy it is working for you "

Yes I'm with you on this also I get AZ first 2 don't know if I want to mix that with a different one know so meany going off work sick after the booster. And don't see why in would choose to be sick again

By *iobhan123Woman
over a year ago

Deal

"I myself won't be taking a booster simple reason we were all advised to begin with that two vacations were important to build up the immune system and to recognise the virus so from the two I've received my body has built up a defence or has learnt to do so and I think the booster is mainly for those who whatever medical reasons may need the booster to maintain a balance for a defence the human body learns how to protect itself naturally but this is also based on each person's lifestyle or health..... Not knocking anyone who has had the booster and happy it is working for you

Yes I'm with you on this also I get AZ first 2 don't know if I want to mix that with a different one know so meany going off work sick after the booster. And don't see why in would choose to be sick again "

Immunity wains, which is why we are inviting for Boosters...it works, my teenage son had the bloody plague and I didn't catch it

By *MNJCouple
over a year ago

Nuneaton

"It just been a shock to me how easy people are to divide into groups and set against each other. If I'd known I probably would have gone into politics for a career. "

100% agree with this, it's disheartening how people seemingly take pleasure in telling others they can't do things and how fast people get on board with the government against anyone who dares to question the governments logic as if governments never lie and mistakes are never made.

over a year ago

"It just been a shock to me how easy people are to divide into groups and set against each other. If I'd known I probably would have gone into politics for a career.

100% agree with this, it's disheartening how people seemingly take pleasure in telling others they can't do things and how fast people get on board with the government against anyone who dares to question the governments logic as if governments never lie and mistakes are never made. "

In the threads discussing care home and NHS workers losing losing jobs, it never seems to occur to the people for it that the unvaccinated probably have natural immunity - they simply accepted the groups of vaccinated and unvaccinated rather than immune vs not.

Then there's the stupid logical fallacy that 'well we have to do something' so people accept anything under that premise. At no point in the last 19 months have any of the pro-lockdown crowd ever genuinely asked me "what measures would you impose?" It's just sarcastic "are you a doctor?" comments. Then you show them a Doctor with that exact same opinion and they are the wrong kind of doctor!

By *MNJCouple
over a year ago

Nuneaton

"It just been a shock to me how easy people are to divide into groups and set against each other. If I'd known I probably would have gone into politics for a career.

100% agree with this, it's disheartening how people seemingly take pleasure in telling others they can't do things and how fast people get on board with the government against anyone who dares to question the governments logic as if governments never lie and mistakes are never made.

In the threads discussing care home and NHS workers losing losing jobs, it never seems to occur to the people for it that the unvaccinated probably have natural immunity - they simply accepted the groups of vaccinated and unvaccinated rather than immune vs not.

Then there's the stupid logical fallacy that 'well we have to do something' so people accept anything under that premise. At no point in the last 19 months have any of the pro-lockdown crowd ever genuinely asked me "what measures would you impose?" It's just sarcastic "are you a doctor?" comments. Then you show them a Doctor with that exact same opinion and they are the wrong kind of doctor! "

Even if they don't have natural immunity they could test daily no bother and they'd be safer than someone who's vaccinated but that's not an option as it doesn't force anyone into being vaccinated. I wonder if they made it compulsory for MP's to be vaccinated to keep their seat how quickly they'd vote against that given how quickly the house of lords made sure they were exempt from any vaccination requirements and people would probably still stand with them.

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

Not everyone who gets covid produces anti bodies (according to latest studies) "

That’s true

Plus even those who produce antibodies, the antibodies can wane over time.

Some people who have had covid before have been reinfected, and in some cases the second infection has been worse.

over a year ago

That’s true

Some people who have had covid before have been reinfected, and in some cases the second infection has been worse. "

Source please

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

Sweden gave 10 times mortality rate than neighbors. So maybe wrong choice ?"

Not even ‘maybe’ wrong choice, but definitely wrong choice.

The Swedish politicians and leading scientists admitted it was the wrong decision, and so they switched their strategy from ‘no lockdown’ to regional lockdowns during the second wave.

By *MNJCouple
over a year ago

Nuneaton

That’s true

Some people who have had covid before have been reinfected, and in some cases the second infection has been worse. "

Antibodies last for decades while the vaccine apparently lasts about 5 minutes given the booster situation, there will always be those who don't develop antibodies but that doesn't make it the norm, it's funny how there's a lot of information contradictory to what has been considered to be true for a long time for everything else but covid.

over a year ago

The Swedish politicians and leading scientists admitted it was the wrong decision, and so they switched their strategy from ‘no lockdown’ to regional lockdowns during the second wave. "

Not true

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

The Swedish politicians and leading scientists admitted it was the wrong decision, and so they switched their strategy from ‘no lockdown’ to regional lockdowns during the second wave.

Not true"

Not True ??

- Sweden's king has said his country "failed" to save lives with its relatively relaxed approach to the coronavirus pandemic.

-Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said: “the fact that so many have died can't be considered as anything other than a failure"

Due to the rise in infections (a Second Wave) :

- The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control marked Sweden with an 'orange alert'

- Sweden then introduced stricter restrictions in 17 of 21 regions by their Public Heath agency.

-Local lockdowns were introduced in the cities of Uppsala and Malmo.

-Regarding the local lockdowns, Anders Tegnell Sweden's top epidemiologist said in a news conference : “This is the first time we are using this type of guidance and now we will see how effective we can make it.”

-Dr Johan Nojd, who leads the infectious diseases department in Uppsala (Sweden), also said: - that if contact tracing shows further links between activities and infections they will not hesitate to impose even tougher measures.

over a year ago

Not true

Not True ??

- Sweden's king has said his country "failed" to save lives with its relatively relaxed approach to the coronavirus pandemic.

-Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said: “the fact that so many have died can't be considered as anything other than a failure"

- The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control marked Sweden with an 'orange alert'

- Sweden then introduced stricter restrictions in 17 of 21 regions by their Public Heath agency.

-Regarding the local lockdowns, Anders Tegnell Sweden's top epidemiologist said in a news conference : “This is the first time we are using this type of guidance and now we will see how effective we can make it.”

-Dr Johan Nojd, who leads the infectious diseases department in Uppsala (Sweden), also said: - that if contact tracing shows further links between activities and infections they will not hesitate to impose even tougher measures.

"

Errr no, what Anders Tegnell said was "Sweden won the argument on covid" which is the opposite of what you're saying

over a year ago

That’s true

Some people who have had covid before have been reinfected, and in some cases the second infection has been worse.

Source please"

Source please

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

That’s true

Source please

Source please"

At the end of the day it’s a cold with a cough …. My immune system is working just fine and doing what it is supposed to do

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

Not true

Not True ??

Errr no, what Anders Tegnell said was "Sweden won the argument on covid" which is the opposite of what you're saying "

Won what argument?

Won the argument when Sweden's Public Heath Agency decided to introduced stricter restrictions in 17 of 21 regions?

Won the argument when Local lockdowns were introduced in the cities of Uppsala and Malmo?

Won the argument when The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control marked Sweden with an 'orange alert'?

Won the argument when Sweden's ICU beds were nearing capacity and they asked neighbouring countries to stand by in case they need extra help?

Won the argument when Sweden's death toll is approx. 4 times higher than the combined total of Norway, Denmark and Finland?

By *yclindaveMan
over a year ago

Leicester

That’s true

Source please

Source please"

Absolutely sources, direct experience I've had it 3 times. First time put me in bed for 4 days. Difficulty breathing. Second and third felt tired slightly under the weather tested positive didn't take time off work carried on as normal.

over a year ago

That’s true

Source please

Source please

At the end of the day it’s a cold with a cough …. My immune system is working just fine and doing what it is supposed to do "

Ignoring that the virus evades the innate immune system…and that 20%+- of those infected will recover but have no antibodies to the virus. And 38% of those with asymptomatic infections will not produce neutralising antibody (those that do will have it wane after a few months)

over a year ago

That’s true

Source please

Source please

Absolutely sources, direct experience I've had it 3 times. First time put me in bed for 4 days. Difficulty breathing. Second and third felt tired slightly under the weather tested positive didn't take time off work carried on as normal. "

So it wasn't worse in the reinfection then!

over a year ago

Not true

Not True ??

Errr no, what Anders Tegnell said was "Sweden won the argument on covid" which is the opposite of what you're saying

Won what argument?

Won the argument when Sweden's Public Heath Agency decided to introduced stricter restrictions in 17 of 21 regions?

Won the argument when Local lockdowns were introduced in the cities of Uppsala and Malmo?

Won the argument when The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control marked Sweden with an 'orange alert'?

Won the argument when Sweden's ICU beds were nearing capacity and they asked neighbouring countries to stand by in case they need extra help?

Won the argument when Sweden's death toll is approx. 4 times higher than the combined total of Norway, Denmark and Finland?"

If you don't know then maybe you should listen to what he said instead of pretending you have and quoting him out of context.

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

Not true

Not True ??

Won what argument?

Won the argument when Sweden's death toll is approx. 4 times higher than the combined total of Norway, Denmark and Finland?

If you don't know then maybe you should listen to what he said instead of pretending you have and quoting him out of context. "

More like it’s you taking his statement out of context - when all the evidence I’ve given above proves that the initial ‘no lockdown’ strategy was a failure.

Due to the initial failed policy, Sweden did a U-turn by implementing tougher restrictions and local lockdowns ( in line with what other European countries were already doing)

If Tegnell won anything, it was the U-turn from his initial strategy.

over a year ago

Not true

Not True ??

Won what argument?

If you don't know then maybe you should listen to what he said instead of pretending you have and quoting him out of context.

More like it’s you taking his statement out of context - when all the evidence I’ve given above proves that the initial ‘no lockdown’ strategy was a failure.

Due to the initial failed policy, Sweden did a U-turn by implementing tougher restrictions and local lockdowns ( in line with what other European countries were already doing)

"

Honestly you're embarrassing yourself. I've listened to 2 hours of interviews with Tegnell and Giesecke and you're talking out your ass.

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

Not true

Not True ??

Won what argument?

Honestly you're embarrassing yourself. I've listened to 2 hours of interviews with Tegnell and Giesecke and you're talking out your ass. "

Even more embarrassing: is when you listen for 2 hours yet fail to comprehend; when all the evidence proves that Tegnell did a complete U-turn from his original strategy.

over a year ago

Not true

Not True ??

Won what argument?

Honestly you're embarrassing yourself. I've listened to 2 hours of interviews with Tegnell and Giesecke and you're talking out your ass.

Even more embarrassing: is when you listen for 2 hours yet fail to comprehend; when all the evidence proves that Tegnell did a complete U-turn from his original strategy. "

OK let's agree to disagree since you haven't actually seen the interviews you're speculating about. Can I have a source regarding people with natural immunity getting worse reinfections please. I've asked three times now...

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

Not true

Not True ??

Won what argument?

Even more embarrassing: is when you listen for 2 hours yet fail to comprehend; when all the evidence proves that Tegnell did a complete U-turn from his original strategy.

OK let's agree to disagree since you haven't actually seen the interviews you're speculating about. Can I have a source regarding people with natural immunity getting worse reinfections please. I've asked three times now... "

“……. OK let's agree to disagree since you haven't actually seen the interviews you're speculating about….”

———————-

I’m not ‘speculating’ I’ve gave you facts about the U-turns Tegnell made. And I supported that fact with examples and evidence.

Whatever you claimed to have heard ( and misunderstood) does not change the fact that Tegnell made a U-turn.

And as for people being reinfected or having worse reinfections, maybe look for first hand statements about that from this thread and other threads in the virus section. There’s plenty.

By *yclindaveMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"

“……. OK let's agree to disagree since you haven't actually seen the interviews you're speculating about….”

———————-

I’m not ‘speculating’ I’ve gave you facts about the U-turns Tegnell made. And I supported that fact with examples and evidence.

Whatever you claimed to have heard ( and misunderstood) does not change the fact that Tegnell made a U-turn.

And as for people being reinfected or having worse reinfections, maybe look for first hand statements about that from this thread and other threads in the virus section. There’s plenty. "

But I gave an example of 3 times COVID none were as bad as the first, or shall we just ignore that as doesn't suit your narrative?

over a year ago

Not true

Not True ??

Won what argument?

OK let's agree to disagree since you haven't actually seen the interviews you're speculating about. Can I have a source regarding people with natural immunity getting worse reinfections please. I've asked three times now...

———————-

And as for people being reinfected or having worse reinfections, maybe look for first hand statements about that from this thread and other threads in the virus section. There’s plenty. "

So no source then. Because it's bullshit.

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

That’s true

Source please"

Source : University of Missouri-Columbia published in the "Science Daily"

EXERPT : The researchers teamed up with the MU Institute for Data Science and Informatics and the Tiger Institute for Health Innovation to review data from 62 U.S. health care facilities. They found 63 of the 9,119 patients (0.7%) with severe COVID-19 infection contracted the virus a second time, with a mean reinfection period of 116 days. Of the 63 who were reinfected, two (3.2%) died.

ANOTHER SOURCE :GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) - State health officials say nearly 11,000 people in North Carolina have been reinfected with COVID-19, dispelling a common belief that you can’t get the virus a second time.

The Department of Health and Human Services said of the 10,812 reinfection cases, 94 people have died.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/11/21 01:39:49]

over a year ago

That’s true

Source please

EXERPT : The researchers teamed up with the MU Institute for Data Science and Informatics and the Tiger Institute for Health Innovation to review data from 62 U.S. health care facilities. They found 63 of the 9,119 patients (0.7%) with severe COVID-19 infection contracted the virus a second time, with a mean reinfection period of 116 days. Of the 63 who were reinfected, two (3.2%) died.

ANOTHER SOURCE :GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) - State health officials say nearly 11,000 people in North Carolina have been reinfected with COVID-19, dispelling a common belief that you can’t get the virus a second time.

The Department of Health and Human Services said of the 10,812 reinfection cases, 94 people have died. "

This is hilarious, I just encourage everyone to actually read those sources, I'm not sure if your reading comprehension is bad or you just deliberately take things out of context. Here's Here's quotes from there:

"Thankfully my second case, in my experience, was not nearly as bad,"

"Our analysis also found asthma and nicotine dependence were associated with reinfection," said lead researcher Adnan I. Qureshi, MD

"Maybe you had Alpha variant the first time, and then this nasty Delta variant came around, and then you got infected by Delta variant, so I think that's sort of explains why people are getting reinfected,"

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

That’s true

Source please

The Department of Health and Human Services said of the 10,812 reinfection cases, 94 people have died.

This is hilarious, I just encourage everyone to actually read those sources, I'm not sure if your reading comprehension is bad or you just deliberately take things out of context. Here's Here's quotes from there:

"Our analysis also found asthma and nicotine dependence were associated with reinfection," said lead researcher Adnan I. Qureshi, MD

"Maybe you had Alpha variant the first time, and then this nasty Delta variant came around, and then you got infected by Delta variant, so I think that's sort of explains why people are getting reinfected,""

Last line of both sources read:

1. Of the 63 who were reinfected, two (3.2%) died.

2. The Department of Health and Human Services said of the 10,812 reinfection cases, 94 people have died.

FACT: you can be reinfected with covid. Sometimes the reinfection can be worse - leading to death.

I've provided enough evidence on Tegnell's U-turn, and provided evidence on covid re-infection ( which can sometimes be worse that the first infection).

Seems like you prefer to stick to your narrative; even when there is so much facts & evidence stacked up against your narrative.

over a year ago

That’s true

Source please

"Maybe you had Alpha variant the first time, and then this nasty Delta variant came around, and then you got infected by Delta variant, so I think that's sort of explains why people are getting reinfected,"

2. The Department of Health and Human Services said of the 10,812 reinfection cases, 94 people have died.

FACT: you can be reinfected with covid. Sometimes the reinfection can be worse - leading to death.

I've provided enough evidence on Tegnell's U-turn, and provided evidence on covid re-infection ( which can sometimes be worse that the first infection).

Seems like you prefer to stick to your narrative; even when there is so much facts & evidence stacked up against your narrative.

"

No, I just know that anyone who actually checks what you're saying will see who is right and nothing I say will convince you so I don't really bother arguing with you directly. You're making it sound like it's pot luck how the reinfection goes when in reality the sources say that reinfection is rare, usually a new variant and worse in people with crap health (e.g. smokers). You're pointing the the exceptions and claiming them as the rule.

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

That’s true

Source please

No, I just know that anyone who actually checks what you're saying will see who is right and nothing I say will convince you so I don't really bother arguing with you directly. You're making it sound like it's pot luck how the reinfection goes when in reality the sources say that reinfection is rare, usually a new variant and worse in people with crap health (e.g. smokers). You're pointing the the exceptions and claiming them as the rule. "

"....You're pointing the the exceptions and claiming them as the rule...."

-------------------------------

I never claimed anything was a "rule"

My exact statement above was:

"SOME people who have had covid before have been reinfected, and in SOME cases the second infection has been worse."

The operative word there being 'SOME' (ie not all cases)

You then ask me for sources to prove my statement. I supplied you with the relevenat sources. But even in the face of all the evidence you are still in denial.

Let me help you out with a few more sources:

The Telegraph dated 13 October 2020 -

1. An elderly woman in the Netherlands has become the first reported person to have died after getting reinfected with Covid-19.

2. It comes as a 25-year-old man in Nevada with no known health problems has caught the virus twice, with the second infection more severe.

Post new Message to Thread