Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

2nd jab before the 8 weeks

Jump to newest

By *r Ronin OP   Man
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Is it illegal to get the 2nd jab just 4 weeks after the first jab?

If so how do I go about getting it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

Why would it be illegal? Vaccines are optional.

Why would you want it after 4 weeks. The science suggests a bigger gap (8 weeks +) is better.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I doubt illegal. I also doubt that it's easy to do - as all jabs are through the NHS (as is proof for the purposes of vaccine passports).

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Is it illegal to get the 2nd jab just 4 weeks after the first jab?

If so how do I go about getting it? "

You can’t

By *r Ronin OP   Man
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Ahh

over a year ago

It’s essentially a prescribed medicine, you can only get vaccinated with the timeframes allowed by the process, you can’t shorten the gap to suit a holiday, event etc

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

Minimum time between jabs is 56 days and we double-check this before administering the 2nd

By *asillaCouple
over a year ago

North West

Just had my 2nd Vax, 6 weeks after my first. Walk in centre, no problems

By *averingcoupleCouple
over a year ago

romford

Manufacturer of Biontech - Pfizer suggests 3-4 weeks between the jabs. Weird UK government scientists decided that you have to wait 8 weeks... Probably to get more people a first dose. Go to walk in centre they will issue 2nd jab earlier as long as you passed 2 or 3 weeks after first one.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

I had 12 weeks between jabs, for which I'm grateful, given how it seems the benefits wane quicker in those that had less time between.

It will be interesting to see how things progress with so many variations across the U.K, let alone globally.

It isn't going to be a standard vaccine passport at this rate, more a variety of passes depending on each scientific discovery after another

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'd wait until the 8 weeks point, which research shows is the sweet spot, where you hit maximum gains in the strength of your immunity. Don't shortchange yourself

By *illen5Man
over a year ago

Bath

"Why would it be illegal? Vaccines are optional.

Why would you want it after 4 weeks. The science suggests a bigger gap (8 weeks +) is better."

Sounds like someone wants to travel abroad

over a year ago

I had 25 days between mine.

Az is 28 days min, pizer is 21 day min

over a year ago

"Minimum time between jabs is 56 days and we double-check this before administering the 2nd"

That's strange - the NHS advice is clearly 4 weeks

https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/working-for-us/staff/covid-staff-faqs-vaccine.aspx

Any walk in center should give a second dose after four weeks - it's been clearly advertised.

over a year ago

I had mine after two weeks and I’d guess you’d ask your doctor or book it on line but I don’t live here so I know not.

T

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I'm currently in the USA and it's standard where I am now to leave a 3week gap and and anything after that is game on before 11 or 12 weeks

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

It's not illegal and you can do it. The 3 I know of went to 2 different jab sites. They needed theirs for an overseas trip and just went up to the centre and asked. They did it. No idea if it was hard to do or not but it didn't sound like it was any extra effort.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Just had my 2nd Vax, 6 weeks after my first. Walk in centre, no problems "
yes I think the 3 lads i know had their second at a walk in centre

over a year ago

I had mine 4 weeks apart

Mrs C

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

This thread is a perfect illustration of how effective the communication has been around the pandemic. Some very informed people, some govt and nhs websites...And then there's the practical reality of what is actually happening... And all different.

over a year ago

"I had 25 days between mine.

Az is 28 days min, pizer is 21 day min"

I stand corrected, I didn’t know that

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I had 25 days between mine.

Az is 28 days min, pizer is 21 day min

I stand corrected, I didn’t know that "

If you remember there was a massive campaign, TV, radio, bus stops etc to get those pesky youngsters who were being blamed for the rise in cases double jabbed because it stopped the spread. So they were being encouraged to pull their 2nd jab forward from the recommended 12 weeks.

By *MattyMan
over a year ago

Naked coffee house near you - RWB-Swindon

Hospital administered mine 4 weeks apart, very fast and efficient

over a year ago

The manufacturers recommend 21 days between jabs

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Manufacturer of Biontech - Pfizer suggests 3-4 weeks between the jabs. Weird UK government scientists decided that you have to wait 8 weeks... Probably to get more people a first dose. Go to walk in centre they will issue 2nd jab earlier as long as you passed 2 or 3 weeks after first one. "

That was always just a supply issue stunt… how long apart can they be without losing effectiveness means you have more flexibility window

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Manufacturer of Biontech - Pfizer suggests 3-4 weeks between the jabs. Weird UK government scientists decided that you have to wait 8 weeks... Probably to get more people a first dose. Go to walk in centre they will issue 2nd jab earlier as long as you passed 2 or 3 weeks after first one.

That was always just a supply issue stunt… how long apart can they be without losing effectiveness means you have more flexibility window "

However... Is it not the case... That as it turns out... 8 to 12 weeks has turned out to be better than 4 weeks in terms of effectiveness and duration?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Manufacturer of Biontech - Pfizer suggests 3-4 weeks between the jabs. Weird UK government scientists decided that you have to wait 8 weeks... Probably to get more people a first dose. Go to walk in centre they will issue 2nd jab earlier as long as you passed 2 or 3 weeks after first one.

That was always just a supply issue stunt… how long apart can they be without losing effectiveness means you have more flexibility window

However... Is it not the case... That as it turns out... 8 to 12 weeks has turned out to be better than 4 weeks in terms of effectiveness and duration? "

If that was the case… the manufacturers would have changed the guidelines…..

They haven’t…..so it was done to make sure they had enough supplies of the vaccines coming in so they didn’t run out at any particular moment

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

However... Is it not the case... That as it turns out... 8 to 12 weeks has turned out to be better than 4 weeks in terms of effectiveness and duration?

They haven’t…..so it was done to make sure they had enough supplies of the vaccines coming in so they didn’t run out at any particular moment "

But wasn't there a lot of research published showing I think Israel which had chosen 4 weeks as per mfr and UK who had not and concluding that 8bton12 weeks was optimal? Im sure I could find the story...

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

What are you trying to benefit from this wanting the 2nd vaccine early as the body needs to adapt to the vaccine and adjust so it's safe for a further dose

By *teveuk77Man
over a year ago

uk

They haven’t…..so it was done to make sure they had enough supplies of the vaccines coming in so they didn’t run out at any particular moment "

No they wouldn't!

The research that drew the conclusion that waiting longer than the 4 weeks was funded by department of health and social care for England.

Why would Pfizer change the guidelines because of some research in England?

The trials were conducted with 4 week intervals so they aren't going to change their recommendation based on tens of thousands of phase 3 vaccinations..

over a year ago

"One of the world’s most in-depth studies into COVID-19 immune response to vaccines shows both short and long dosing schedules of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine generate strong antibody and T cell immune responses.

The new preprint study involving University of Liverpool researchers found that after two doses, the longer dosing interval led to higher antibody levels and a higher proportion of ‘helper’ T cells, which support immune memory and antibody response.

Importantly, worldwide studies are showing that both the short and long dosing schedules lead to strong real-world protection against COVID-19, emphasising the importance of having a second dose of the vaccine"

over a year ago

""One of the world’s most in-depth studies into COVID-19 immune response to vaccines shows both short and long dosing schedules of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine generate strong antibody and T cell immune responses.

The new preprint study involving University of Liverpool researchers found that after two doses, the longer dosing interval led to higher antibody levels and a higher proportion of ‘helper’ T cells, which support immune memory and antibody response.

Importantly, worldwide studies are showing that both the short and long dosing schedules lead to strong real-world protection against COVID-19, emphasising the importance of having a second dose of the vaccine""

So what an earth is going on in Israel then with 3rd doses going in and 4th being planned due to antibodies rapidly decreasing?

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

""One of the world’s most in-depth studies into COVID-19 immune response to vaccines shows both short and long dosing schedules of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine generate strong antibody and T cell immune responses.

Importantly, worldwide studies are showing that both the short and long dosing schedules lead to strong real-world protection against COVID-19, emphasising the importance of having a second dose of the vaccine""

Interesting thank you. What is short dose and long dose defined as in weeks?

over a year ago

It isn't illegal. I know this because ....

I have previously had an allergic reaction to something (the professionals are not sure what) pharmaceutical and so I was not allowed to have the Pfizer jab due to the (very small) risk of anaphylaxis. Instead, I had to have the OAZ one and it had to be administered at my local hospital under supervision. For such cases, they seem to go "by the book", i.e. according to the regimen that was the basis for the emergency authorisation that was granted by the MHRA. As such, I was given my second jab approximately 4 weeks after my first.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai

Why would you want it after 4 weeks. The science suggests a bigger gap (8 weeks +) is better.

Sounds like someone wants to travel abroad"

To be fair the rules and processes aren’t that different , it’s all about negative test results , pre flight, PLF”s , day 2 etc. not vaccination status

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Sounds like someone wants to travel abroad

To be fair the rules and processes aren’t that different , it’s all about negative test results , pre flight, PLF”s , day 2 etc. not vaccination status "

Each country imposes its own rules such that, for example, double vaccinated + 14 days, may need no quarantine or testing before or after arrival. Don't assume that the UK system is the same as the rest of the world's. Check out a few European countries and review their requirements, as examples.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Importantly, worldwide studies are showing that both the short and long dosing schedules lead to strong real-world protection against COVID-19, emphasising the importance of having a second dose of the vaccine"

So what an earth is going on in Israel then with 3rd doses going in and 4th being planned due to antibodies rapidly decreasing?"

The increased immune strength after 2 doses - of varying interval lengths - is different from the duration of how strong and effective that immunity is sustained for. The Stage 3 trials data didn't quantify the durations of immunity beyond the trial period, just that the vaccines are safe and initiated effective immunity.

By *oirinMarkusCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands and West London

You can. Some centres will just give you the second jab, others will only if your are a student or the person in charge deems you to have a good medical reason x

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

It's also possible if you obtain a letter from a GP

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

[Removed by poster at 21/09/21 10:50:06]

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

If so how do I go about getting it?

You can’t "

Yes you can! I’ve just asked this exact question at my local COViD centre and they said “there has to be a MINIMUM 21 days between jabs”

Post new Message to Thread