Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

It Finally Happened

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Something happened today which I have been expecting to happen. I am still choosing to wear a face mask to protect others. It’s a mixed bag, some act like the pandemic is over and others are still cautious and wear a mask. I was out for dinner for my mother and waiting for her to come out of a shop when someone passed me and gave me a glance and said as they had walked a bit further ‘ What’s he doing wearing a fucking mask’. Priceless. Well personal choice my friend.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's happened to me a few times. Apparently I'm not allowed to wear a mask when the weather is nice

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I still wear a mask i work in care and having the Elderly to care for. so thats my choice like you say we are still in a Pandemic i will give up my mask when im ready to

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I'm still wearing mine, out shopping and when I'm at work. There's a lot of people coming in to my building no mask singing away. Drives me nuts!

over a year ago

No one has questioned me for wearing a mask. It's probably because even with the mask on I still look angry.

over a year ago

Each to their own, I personally wouldn’t wear a mask outside

By *orny andy yorkMan
over a year ago

york

"I still wear a mask i work in care and having the Elderly to care for. so thats my choice like you say we are still in a Pandemic i will give up my mask when im ready to "
The pandemic is over

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I still wear a mask i work in care and having the Elderly to care for. so thats my choice like you say we are still in a Pandemic i will give up my mask when im ready to

The pandemic is over "

Wearing a mask is a personal choice

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I still wear a mask i work in care and having the Elderly to care for. so thats my choice like you say we are still in a Pandemic i will give up my mask when im ready to The pandemic is over "

It is??

Well you heard it here folks the poster above say's "the pandemic is over" so we can all ignore anyone who says otherwise

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"No one has questioned me for wearing a mask. It's probably because even with the mask on I still look angry. "

Same

over a year ago

"I still wear a mask i work in care and having the Elderly to care for. so thats my choice like you say we are still in a Pandemic i will give up my mask when im ready to The pandemic is over "

Is it? Are you double jabbed?

By *spotpleasurerMan
over a year ago

Norwich

It is a personal choice, however your reasoning that you are protecting others is weird - do you have some reason to believe you are Covid +ve and infectious?

Anyway, they did not confront you and only voiced an opinion to each other. If it had happened to me, it wouldn't be a big deal.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It is a personal choice, however your reasoning that you are protecting others is weird - do you have some reason to believe you are Covid +ve and infectious?

Anyway, they did not confront you and only voiced an opinion to each other. If it had happened to me, it wouldn't be a big deal."

When it's happened to me I've been shouted at. Fortunately only from vehicles in traffic so far.

By *igNick1381Man
over a year ago

BRIDGEND

I don't care what people do so wear one or not, whatever

The people who whine about those wearing masks are as pathetic as the one's whining at those that don't

Life is really simple, leave people the fuck alone

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"It is a personal choice, however your reasoning that you are protecting others is weird - do you have some reason to believe you are Covid +ve and infectious?

Anyway, they did not confront you and only voiced an opinion to each other. If it had happened to me, it wouldn't be a big deal."

Do you have some reason to believe that you are one hundred percent *not* COVID-positive and infectious?

over a year ago

"I don't care what people do so wear one or not, whatever

The people who whine about those wearing masks are as pathetic as the one's whining at those that don't

Life is really simple, leave people the fuck alone"

If only it were so

By *eamteamCouple
over a year ago

Toen

Everyone should be entitled to their own personal choice. Tbf if I do see someone wearing a mask esp outdoors I think Mask Wanker but I wouldn’t say that to them.

Do what makes you feel good.

I feel better when I’m not wearing one.

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Everyone should be entitled to their own personal choice. Tbf if I do see someone wearing a mask esp outdoors I think Mask Wanker but I wouldn’t say that to them.

I feel better when I’m not wearing one. "

What about when someone's "own personal choice" is a direct threat to the health and life of people around them?

Does posing a direct threat to the health and life of people around you make you feel good?

Why does someone attempting to reduce they threat they pose to the health and life of the people around them make you think "mask wanker"?

over a year ago

"Everyone should be entitled to their own personal choice. Tbf if I do see someone wearing a mask esp outdoors I think Mask Wanker but I wouldn’t say that to them.

What about people driving their own cars (not a taxi), on their own and wearing a mask? I don’t get it but then it’s not my business.

I haven’t worn a mask since “freedom day” but I do keep my distance from others and I especially keep my distance from those in masks

over a year ago

What about people driving their own cars (not a taxi), on their own and wearing a mask? I don’t get it but then it’s not my business.

I haven’t worn a mask since “freedom day” but I do keep my distance from others and I especially keep my distance from those in masks "

Any reason why you ‘especially keep my distance from those with masks’?

By *iren4uWoman
over a year ago

jersey channel islands

I wore a mask everywhere I went a couple of weeks ago as I was feeling unwell, turns out I had covid and probably avoided spreading it to numerous people I even wore outside while talking to my friend as such I didn't have to list her as a direct contact because I wore my mask. I think the moral is use common sense. FYI I'm double vaccinated.

over a year ago

I haven’t worn a mask since “freedom day” but I do keep my distance from others and I especially keep my distance from those in masks

Any reason why you ‘especially keep my distance from those with masks’?"

Is that not obvious? They have continued to wear a mask so I will rightly or wrongly assume that they may have an underlying health condition or are caring for someone with a condition or are maybe anxious or whatever reason they have continued to wear a mask. So I’d be a dick to get close to them with my unmasked face when they are continuing to wear one wouldn’t I?

over a year ago

"I wore a mask everywhere I went a couple of weeks ago as I was feeling unwell, turns out I had covid and probably avoided spreading it to numerous people I even wore outside while talking to my friend as such I didn't have to list her as a direct contact because I wore my mask. I think the moral is use common sense. FYI I'm double vaccinated."

The right thing to do

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

When I see someone in a public place not wearing a mask my first thought is "probably medically exempt"

My second thought is "probably not, probably just a wanker"

over a year ago

Is that not obvious? They have continued to wear a mask so I will rightly or wrongly assume that they may have an underlying health condition or are caring for someone with a condition or are maybe anxious or whatever reason they have continued to wear a mask. So I’d be a dick to get close to them with my unmasked face when they are continuing to wear one wouldn’t I? "

That’s true, I will continue to wear mine in busy places, most places still require you to wear them

over a year ago

Is that not obvious? They have continued to wear a mask so I will rightly or wrongly assume that they may have an underlying health condition or are caring for someone with a condition or are maybe anxious or whatever reason they have continued to wear a mask. So I’d be a dick to get close to them with my unmasked face when they are continuing to wear one wouldn’t I?

That’s true, I will continue to wear mine in busy places, most places still require you to wear them "

Good for you

over a year ago

That’s true, I will continue to wear mine in busy places, most places still require you to wear them

Good for you "

Thanks, you have to wear them on public transport , so it’s no big deal

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I wore a mask everywhere I went a couple of weeks ago as I was feeling unwell, turns out I had covid and probably avoided spreading it to numerous people I even wore outside while talking to my friend as such I didn't have to list her as a direct contact because I wore my mask. I think the moral is use common sense. FYI I'm double vaccinated."

By *udistcpl1Couple
over a year ago

Wirral

Almost everybody round here still wearing masks in shops etc. There will always be morons though.

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

Haven't wore it since I legally haven't had to. Mask wearing is awful for me. I panic, sweat like fuck and feel like I'm going to pass out after 5 minutes. Saved me a fortune in shopping cause its in and out, essentials only

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

It's nice not to have a summer cold!

over a year ago

The pandemic is far from over

I'm double jabbed and I'm still wearing a mask when indoors or if it's crowded outside

I'm still avoiding pubs and place's like that if possible

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

I am still wearing one and if anyone ever asks why I will just say, because it is my choice; oh yeh and I am not under the illusion that Covid has gone / never existed !

By *i4twoMan
over a year ago

Taunton

Forgetting Covid for a second, has anyone who suffers from hayfever had it as bad this year as they usually would have?

While I don't like wearing a mask (unless for fun reasons ) I do believe it has helped with my hayfever symptoms, when normally I would've suffered big time - I've basically not suffered with it at all.

And that does get me thinking about all the cold germs people spread without thinking about it while getting on with everyday life - I haven't had a cold since before lockdown (I worked all through lockdown) and I usually suffer from 3 or 4 mega colds a year.

Maybe this mask wearing thing isn't all bad lol

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Forgetting Covid for a second, has anyone who suffers from hayfever had it as bad this year as they usually would have?

While I don't like wearing a mask (unless for fun reasons ) I do believe it has helped with my hayfever symptoms, when normally I would've suffered big time - I've basically not suffered with it at all.

And that does get me thinking about all the cold germs people spread without thinking about it while getting on with everyday life - I haven't had a cold since before lockdown (I worked all through lockdown) and I usually suffer from 3 or 4 mega colds a year.

Maybe this mask wearing thing isn't all bad lol "

My allergies have been a lot less severe and I've had a lot less in the way of sniffles. It makes sense.

By *i4twoMan
over a year ago

Taunton

"

My allergies have been a lot less severe and I've had a lot less in the way of sniffles. It makes sense."

At least it's not just me

I'm wishfully hoping my hayfever has done a runner for good, but I expect it'll be back with a vengeance at some point, so I may keep the mask wearing up regardless.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

My allergies have been a lot less severe and I've had a lot less in the way of sniffles. It makes sense.

I'm wishfully hoping my hayfever has done a runner for good, but I expect it'll be back with a vengeance at some point, so I may keep the mask wearing up regardless. "

Getting less crap up your nose helps, I'm sure

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

18 months when I've not had a cold, flu, cough, hayfever or any sort of sniffles. First time in my life...

over a year ago

All the while the majority of people in the shops ect I go into are wearing a mask, I shall continue to wear mine.

It's no longer compulsory so if others who are not exempt don't wear one, that is fine.

I will not and never have worn one outdoors though.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

When I see someone in a public place not wearing a mask my first thought is "probably medically exempt"

My second thought is "probably not, probably just a wanker""

Harsh

By *onguesandpunsMan
over a year ago

East Midlands

Today, Thursday 29th July, there were 31,117 recorded new cases and 85 people sadly lost their lives within 28 days of a positive diagnosis of Covid-19. Saying the pandemic is over is not supported by the facts.

over a year ago

a man was abusive to me and another man last year at bus stop because we had our masks on.he ranted on and wanted us to remove them.we did not.

over a year ago

"Haven't wore it since I legally haven't had to. Mask wearing is awful for me. I panic, sweat like fuck and feel like I'm going to pass out after 5 minutes. Saved me a fortune in shopping cause its in and out, essentials only

"

plus they can be unhygienic, lots of kids in school got sores around their mouth and face wearing them all day. And they typical mask is made of polypropylene so you can do your own risk assessment on that . And if anyone still wants to wear them , well the best best of luck to them as that’s their own choice.

By *wig1963Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Good for you mate happy days enjoy

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Most people around here still seem to be wearing masks inside, including me.

No issues so far.

There's always some who just like being unpleasant

over a year ago

You don't know people's circumstances as to why they are wearing a mask, perhaps they couldn't get the vaccine for whatever reason, not all are double jabbed, I'm not, there may be vulnerable people in their household, like people above who work in care etc, people with reduced immune systems etc etc etc.

So people who were exempt were abused for not wearing them, now people who are still wearing them are getting it! Can't win.

I tell ya if anyone challenges me for wearing one they'll get a less than polite response!!

over a year ago

Hahaha

Something I've been shouting, even before the pandemic

over a year ago

I was asked in Victoria Station by some anti vaxers. I said it was non of their business and I'd lived 60+ years living my life as I wish I dnt need idiots telling me how to live my life so will keep my mask on thank you. Went down rather well I thought hahaha

By *an JuniperoCouple
over a year ago

North East

Bang on!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Any of us could be infected, whether jabbed or not - this is particularly true with the Delta variant, which is much more infectious. And especially so, whilst the UK is burned with the growth in infection levels equivalent to the winter time passed.

You call investing personal efforts to help to protect others 'weird'. Most people would view the opposite as weird.

It's positive that community spirit remains strong and so many people are using their intelligence wisely and wearing masks, getting vaccinated etc.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

What about when someone's "own personal choice" is a direct threat to the health and life of people around them?

Does posing a direct threat to the health and life of people around you make you feel good?

Why does someone attempting to reduce they threat they pose to the health and life of the people around them make you think "mask wanker"?

"

Projection seems the primitive coping mechanism of choice, for some of them

By *ldaCouple
over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

The holier than thou attitudes are getting a little tiresome. If you smoke, speed, buy cheap clothes, drive cars, use a plane, buy illegal drugs, use a diesel car, you a damaging somebody somewhere. Covid is not the only threat to health on the planet right now

over a year ago

"The holier than thou attitudes are getting a little tiresome. If you smoke, speed, buy cheap clothes, drive cars, use a plane, buy illegal drugs, use a diesel car, you a damaging somebody somewhere. Covid is not the only threat to health on the planet right now"

Agreed.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The holier than thou attitudes are getting a little tiresome. If you smoke, speed, buy cheap clothes, drive cars, use a plane, buy illegal drugs, use a diesel car, you a damaging somebody somewhere. Covid is not the only threat to health on the planet right now"

In this particular instance I just want to put what I want on my face and be left to it. Make my own risk assessment and get on with it. I've never said a word to anyone not wearing a mask, and I'd appreciate the same courtesy.

By *dysseusukMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"

Too right.

over a year ago

My husband and son keep being asked why they are wearing masks at work…. They have said because it their choice and they want to protect me being pregnant

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I had to get the train home on Tuesday and was the only mask wearer in the station concourse area, on the platform and on the train. Staff included. I was also the only one wearing on in the co-working space I used today.....

By *ir-spunk-alotMan
over a year ago

south coast

I still wear one. Only fools listen to boris and assume its safe to not wear one.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple
over a year ago

Watford

I've been an advocate of masks. In the early days, I think masks were important.

We now have a population where the most at-risk are fully vaccinated.

This virus barely affects anybody else. Masks are no longer of much value.

I no longer wear a mask and would encourage others to dispense with masks.

We need to get back to normal, and stop being so fearful of a now largely insignificant virus which makes hardly anybody seriously ill, nor kills them!

By *dysseusukMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Reasons i still wear a mask anywhere inside and outside in close proximity to people:

1. Vaccines are protecting against hospitalisation and death, but many double vaxed are still getting ill

2. I'm self-employed and can't afford to get ill, or self-isolate (if we end up in another lockdown, i won't be responsible for my actions against those who spout Boris' personal choice nonsense

3. Partner is immuno-supressed; parents have underlying conditions that still mean they are vulnerable

4. No cold, flu or hayfever in last 16 months

5. Protects me from diesel car fumes from all the fooking Range Rover tanks in this country destroying the planet and the air i breathe (best thing about lockdowns was the clean air)

6. It's no hardship and why take any risk with this virus

over a year ago

North West

"I've been an advocate of masks. In the early days, I think masks were important.

We need to get back to normal, and stop being so fearful of a now largely insignificant virus which makes hardly anybody seriously ill, nor kills them!"

Why would you encourage others to dispense with masks when it has zero impact on you and your day if someone chooses to wear fabric or whatever over their face? Would you question someone wearing sunglasses indoors? Or sandals when it's raining? Or if they're wearing any other garment or item you've decided isn't quite right?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I've been an advocate of masks. In the early days, I think masks were important.

We need to get back to normal, and stop being so fearful of a now largely insignificant virus which makes hardly anybody seriously ill, nor kills them!

Why would you encourage others to dispense with masks when it has zero impact on you and your day if someone chooses to wear fabric or whatever over their face? Would you question someone wearing sunglasses indoors? Or sandals when it's raining? Or if they're wearing any other garment or item you've decided isn't quite right?"

Agreed.

If you don't like my mask, don't look.

over a year ago

North West

Why would you encourage others to dispense with masks when it has zero impact on you and your day if someone chooses to wear fabric or whatever over their face? Would you question someone wearing sunglasses indoors? Or sandals when it's raining? Or if they're wearing any other garment or item you've decided isn't quite right?

Agreed.

If you don't like my mask, don't look."

I do need sunglasses to look at your mask, actually. I demand you tone it down, lady

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Agreed.

I do need sunglasses to look at your mask, actually. I demand you tone it down, lady "

over a year ago

I quite like wearing mine. I wear it in the street if I’m walking in and around the city because it’s improved my asthma.

And those who choose to wear a mask whilst driving alone in their cars may be doing it so their breath doesn’t infect the car. Maybe they’re just about to collect a vulnerable person up from hospital? I’ve heard people sneering at others doing what they feel is safe and tbh it’s not on. Poking fun at people trying to go about their day to day lives isn’t helpful.

over a year ago

I got told to wear a mask today!! Nothing to do with covid I'm just an ugly fucker lol

over a year ago

"

I'm wishfully hoping my hayfever has done a runner for good, but I expect it'll be back with a vengeance at some point, so I may keep the mask wearing up regardless. "

I’ve had no sniffles during the restrictions, last weekend I went to a friends house for a birthday party. It was held outside in his garden. The amount of bees should have been warning. My hay fever has hit me with a vengeance.

By *dysseusukMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

We need to get back to normal, and stop being so fearful of a now largely insignificant virus which makes hardly anybody seriously ill, nor kills them!"

Simply not true. This pandemic is far from over, and continues to accelerate all over the world, killing millions, with the potential for new variants that can evade vaccines very high. Meanwhile people are still vulnerable, dieing, getting ill in this country and over 1m have long covid (old and young alike). Viruses constantly mutate and whilst we will slowly win this battle, we'll win it more quickly if we continue to take precautions. If we don't the virus will bounce back, new variants, new restrictions. Masks reduce transmission by 30%, so it's a simple way of staying on top of the virus and letting the vaccines do their job, whilst we can still go about our business. Masks in support of vaccines are the quickest and easiest path back to normality, but this will take years not months.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

Agreed.

I do need sunglasses to look at your mask, actually. I demand you tone it down, lady "

What about my mask then? Is that on the "welding goggles needed" list?

over a year ago

North West

Agreed.

I do need sunglasses to look at your mask, actually. I demand you tone it down, lady

What about my mask then? Is that on the "welding goggles needed" list?"

Yep

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"We now have a population where the most at-risk are fully vaccinated."

Are they? *Are they?* Are you *absolutely sure*? Because there are people who are so at-risk they can’t have the vaccine.

There are also people who are at risk, and can have the vaccine, but for whom the vaccine simply doesn’t work. I am specifically thinking of a friend of mine whose immune system is so compromised that even though she’s fully vaccinated, her body is mounting zero immune response. If she catches COVID, she *will* die, vaccine or or no vaccine. No two ways about it.

"This virus barely affects anybody else."

Apart from all millions of people with long COVID, you mean? Whose lives are permanently changed by the virus that “barely effects anybody else”? Forgive yet more anecdata, but I know two people – both young, both fit, both in good health – who caught the virus early in the pandemic and now have apparently permanent disabilities as a direct result.

" Masks are no longer of much value […] I no longer wear a mask and would encourage others to dispense with masks."

I refer you to a previous post I made about checking what these statements actually mean.

“Helping protect other people from the deadly pandemic is no longer of much value […] I no longer help protect other people from the deadly pandemic and would encourage others to dispense with helping protect other people from the deadly pandemic.”

"We need to get back to normal, and stop being so fearful of a now largely insignificant virus which makes hardly anybody seriously ill, nor kills them!"

Characterising people as being scared or frightened is a bad-faith attempt to shame people into changing their behaviour that didn’t work in the playground and doesn’t work now. Are people who use oven gloves “frightened” of their oven? Are people who look both ways before crossing the road “scared” of cars? Grow up.

And once again, there’s that evil little “hardly anybody” weasel phrase. How many is that? How many are you willing to kill because you don’t want to wear a mask?

Nasty, nasty, nasty.

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"We now have a population where the most at-risk are fully vaccinated.

Are they? *Are they?* Are you *absolutely sure*? Because there are people who are so at-risk they can’t have the vaccine.

There are also people who are at risk, and can have the vaccine, but for whom the vaccine simply doesn’t work. I am specifically thinking of a friend of mine whose immune system is so compromised that even though she’s fully vaccinated, her body is mounting zero immune response. If she catches COVID, she *will* die, vaccine or or no vaccine. No two ways about it.

This virus barely affects anybody else.

Apart from all millions of people with long COVID, you mean? Whose lives are permanently changed by the virus that “barely effects anybody else”? Forgive yet more anecdata, but I know two people – both young, both fit, both in good health – who caught the virus early in the pandemic and now have apparently permanent disabilities as a direct result.

Masks are no longer of much value […] I no longer wear a mask and would encourage others to dispense with masks.

I refer you to a previous post I made about checking what these statements actually mean.

“Helping protect other people from the deadly pandemic is no longer of much value […] I no longer help protect other people from the deadly pandemic and would encourage others to dispense with helping protect other people from the deadly pandemic.”

Characterising people as being scared or frightened is a bad-faith attempt to shame people into changing their behaviour that didn’t work in the playground and doesn’t work now. Are people who use oven gloves “frightened” of their oven? Are people who look both ways before crossing the road “scared” of cars? Grow up.

And once again, there’s that evil little “hardly anybody” weasel phrase. How many is that? How many are you willing to kill because you don’t want to wear a mask?

Nasty, nasty, nasty.

"

Totally agree fear shaming seems to be the new trend which is disgusting.

anyone who's trying to fear shame people into not taking the precautions that that seems necessary wants to give themselves a good hard look in the mirror.

over a year ago

Watford

"

Why would you encourage others to dispense with masks when it has zero impact on you and your day if someone chooses to wear fabric or whatever over their face? Would you question someone wearing sunglasses indoors? Or sandals when it's raining? Or if they're wearing any other garment or item you've decided isn't quite right?"

Because seeing people walking around in public and even driving reinforces and perpetuates the idea that this virus is still in some way a significant threat. It simply isn't.

It's basically over. We need to move on from this and quickly. Life needs to return to normal; not "new normal".

If people want to continue to wear a mask, that's their choice, but it's making scant difference, and just keeps up the fear level, which is why the govt wanted a population muzzled in the first place.

I wouldn't go up to somebody to tell them not to wear a mask, but I've been approached and asked why I'm not wearing one, so the intolerance seems to be solely towards those who choose not to be masked!

Time to move on!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/07/21 08:52:41]

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"

Because seeing people walking around in public and even driving reinforces and perpetuates the idea that this virus is still in some way a significant threat. It simply isn't.

It's basically over. We need to move on from this and quickly. Life needs to return to normal; not "new normal".

If people want to continue to wear a mask, that's their choice, but it's making scant difference, and just keeps up the fear level, which is why the govt wanted a population muzzled in the first place.

I wouldn't go up to somebody to tell them not to wear a mask, but I've been approached and asked why I'm not wearing one, so the intolerance seems to be solely towards those who choose not to be masked!

Time to move on!

"

In your opinion not mine and many others.

over a year ago

" The pandemic is over "

its ok everyone, he said its over, and im sure knows more than all the scientists, so relax everyone.

we all know that masks were more about stopping the spread to others, less about protecting yourself, how do you know you arent carrying the virus.

heartwarming to see your love and care for fellow humans

over a year ago

Watford

" The pandemic is over

its ok everyone, he said its over, and im sure knows more than all the scientists, so relax everyone.

we all know that masks were more about stopping the spread to others, less about protecting yourself, how do you know you arent carrying the virus.

heartwarming to see your love and care for fellow humans "

Even if I was carrying the virus, statistically, even if I passed it on to somebody, that person is unlikely to die, become seriously ill, be hospitalised or even show symptoms.

You could use the same argument for seasonal flu or any other transmissible disease, but for some reason, covid gets special treatment.

As I said, masks were useful before mass vaccination. Vaccination has changed things significantly.

You can always find examples of immuno-suppressed individuals and special cases, but we can't run society that way.

If we did, we'd have to ban driving or anything that poses some form of risk or danger.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I plan to mask in certain cases during flu season. Personal choice and responsibility. I won't be told what to do.

over a year ago

Watford

"I plan to mask in certain cases during flu season. Personal choice and responsibility. I won't be told what to do."

I'm not telling you not to! Your choice to do so as is mine not to. However, which of us is most likely to be challenged in a supermarket or other public place for transgressing?

If shops and public places could treat the unmasked as they do the masked, I'll be happy.

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"I plan to mask in certain cases during flu season. Personal choice and responsibility. I won't be told what to do.

I'm not telling you not to! Your choice to do so as is mine not to. However, which of us is most likely to be challenged in a supermarket or other public place for transgressing?

If shops and public places could treat the unmasked as they do the masked, I'll be happy."

Why should they do that? Only one camp is wilfully endangering the other.

"If shops and public places could treat spree shooters as they do people who aren't spree shooters, I'll be happy!"

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I plan to mask in certain cases during flu season. Personal choice and responsibility. I won't be told what to do.

If shops and public places could treat the unmasked as they do the masked, I'll be happy."

Shops and public places have a right to set their own terms of entry. Always have. The owners may disagree with the government on this. Their freedom matters too.

Also, I've been hassled for wearing a mask on multiple occasions, including during the winter peak.

I've never, ever said a word to someone not wearing a mask (yes I talk about it on the forum. I mean in public). I just step away.

over a year ago

Watford

If shops and public places could treat the unmasked as they do the masked, I'll be happy.

Shops and public places have a right to set their own terms of entry. Always have. The owners may disagree with the government on this. Their freedom matters too.

Also, I've been hassled for wearing a mask on multiple occasions, including during the winter peak.

I've never, ever said a word to someone not wearing a mask (yes I talk about it on the forum. I mean in public). I just step away."

Nobody should be hassled either way. However, the matter is worthy of debate.

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I continue to wear a mask in shops take regular tests.

This isn't over by a long shot

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've never, ever said a word to someone not wearing a mask (yes I talk about it on the forum. I mean in public). I just step away.

Nobody should be hassled either way. However, the matter is worthy of debate."

Sure. Which is why I discuss it on a forum. I don't bother people.

But I refer you to my previous point. Businesses can set their own terms of entry. If they want to require face coverings, that's within their remit. (I've yet to see one)

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

We’re still wearing masks. Just wish more others would.

over a year ago

Watford

"

But I refer you to my previous point. Businesses can set their own terms of entry. If they want to require face coverings, that's within their remit. (I've yet to see one)"

They can. But it's discriminatory, and can be subverted by simply declaring an exemption. Therefore, it would be better for shops to declare their policy, but to leave people well alone who do not wish to comply.

over a year ago

You should have turned round and said why the fuck aren't you waring a mask? Did covid go away on freedyday?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

But I refer you to my previous point. Businesses can set their own terms of entry. If they want to require face coverings, that's within their remit. (I've yet to see one)

They can. But it's discriminatory, and can be subverted by simply declaring an exemption. Therefore, it would be better for shops to declare their policy, but to leave people well alone who do not wish to comply."

So what's the point in having a policy? Is this not reverting to "I don't think people should wear masks because I believe this is no longer an issue"?

I believe that exemptions have been politicised and vulnerable people (again!) thrown under the bus, but that's a whole other issue

By *ohnnyB82Man
over a year ago

Blackpool

May I ask what all of your opinions are on people who can't be jabbed due to underlying health conditions, I can't have the jab due to being allergic to a few of the ingredients but am on a course of Ivermectin to combat it.....so in some eyes I'm a wanker then

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"May I ask what all of your opinions are on people who can't be jabbed due to underlying health conditions, I can't have the jab due to being allergic to a few of the ingredients but am on a course of Ivermectin to combat it.....so in some eyes I'm a wanker then"

Why would anyone think that?

By *ohnnyB82Man
over a year ago

Blackpool

You never know what people think these days

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"May I ask what all of your opinions are on people who can't be jabbed due to underlying health conditions, I can't have the jab due to being allergic to a few of the ingredients but am on a course of Ivermectin to combat it.....so in some eyes I'm a wanker then"

I hope that one of the four jabs might work for you.

Failing that, others are in clinical trials and I hope you can stay safe until then. I mask for the vulnerable, and that includes anyone not vaccinated.

I'm concerned about the paucity of evidence for ivermectin, but that's not a comment on you.

By *ohnnyB82Man
over a year ago

Blackpool

Ivermectin has been a godsend for me plus my GP regularly checks on me every 4 weeks, bloods and CV test which I don't mind doing xx

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

You have covid?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Ivermectin has been a godsend for me plus my GP regularly checks on me every 4 weeks, bloods and CV test which I don't mind doing xx"

Ok. The plural of anecdote is not data. You do you.

By *ohnnyB82Man
over a year ago

Blackpool

Nope, the course of Ivermectin I'm on has kept Auntie Rona away from me for over a year now

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Nope, the course of Ivermectin I'm on has kept Auntie Rona away from me for over a year now"

I hope that the experiment you're on is being closely monitored by trained researchers. The quality of data on ivermectin is miniscule. If it does actually work so well, then you could be saving millions of lives.

If it's not - goodness big pharma has a lot to answer for, putting people on indefinite courses of medication, racking up the bills, rather than researching cures. How unethical

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"

Time to move on!

"

My block list is getting longer.

By *ohnnyB82Man
over a year ago

Blackpool

I'm being monitored by my GP, bloods and CV tests every 4 weeks so being kept an eye on lmao, in regards to big pharma though, they do have a lot to answer though after the Pfizer leaks

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm being monitored by my GP, bloods and CV tests every 4 weeks so being kept an eye on lmao, in regards to big pharma though, they do have a lot to answer though after the Pfizer leaks"

I thought Merk produced ivermectin. Huh.

Is your GP through the NHS? Because I'm pretty sure that would be a breach of their guidelines on what can be prescribed.

Whoever is paying for it - gosh, vaccines would be much cheaper. Big pharma is being seriously enriched by these ongoing treatments.

If you're on a clinical trial, I thank you for your brave risk to your health - you're far braver than me, and I'm on a vaccine trial. The data is incredibly iffy on ivermectin and I wouldn't dare risk my life on something like that. You truly are a courageous soul, putting your life in peril. I wish you strength.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

Time to move on!

"

Thank goodness this sort of thought-free opinion seems limited to the ‘fringe’ of society.

By *ohnnyB82Man
over a year ago

Blackpool

Thank you for you support, the only peeps who have supported me in this is my mum and wikkle sis (she's 24 lol but still wikkle to me lol) other family members & friends have certainly showed their true colours to me over this xx

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Thank you for you support, the only peeps who have supported me in this is my mum and wikkle sis (she's 24 lol but still wikkle to me lol) other family members & friends have certainly showed their true colours to me over this xx"

I'll continue to wear my mask for you, given your complete vulnerability.

I help build a wall around the frail.

Be well.

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I have always worn a mask when I was working. Also sometimes a stocking, balaclava helmet or ski-mask.

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

Most of the people on this thread harping on about masks saving people are posting from a smart phone, tablet or laptop, assembled in a factory/sweat shop with awful conditions, made from metals pulled from the earth by workers making a pittance, yet, will happily Lord it over those who make the choice not to wear a mask.

All actions have consequences, don't pretend the human and planetary cost to living your first world life is exempt from that. The devices that make your life easier have caused more suffering than covid ever has but out of sight, out of mind.

Unless you life your life in a way that causes zero impact on humanity or the environment, get off your high horse, you can't really toss around the selfish term.

over a year ago

"Most of the people on this thread harping on about masks saving people are posting from a smart phone, tablet or laptop, assembled in a factory/sweat shop with awful conditions, made from metals pulled from the earth by workers making a pittance, yet, will happily Lord it over those who make the choice not to wear a mask.

All actions have consequences, don't pretend the human and planetary cost to living your first world life is exempt from that. The devices that make your life easier have caused more suffering than covid ever has but out of sight, out of mind.

Unless you life your life in a way that causes zero impact on humanity or the environment, get off your high horse, you can't really toss around the selfish term."

It's likely impossible to live our lives in a way that has zero negative effect on some others somewhere.

On the other hand, it's very easy to wear a mask...

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

"Most of the people on this thread harping on about masks saving people are posting from a smart phone, tablet or laptop, assembled in a factory/sweat shop with awful conditions, made from metals pulled from the earth by workers making a pittance, yet, will happily Lord it over those who make the choice not to wear a mask.

Unless you life your life in a way that causes zero impact on humanity or the environment, get off your high horse, you can't really toss around the selfish term.

It's likely impossible to live our lives in a way that has zero negative effect on some others somewhere.

On the other hand, it's very easy to wear a mask..."

So, because its hard that makes it okay? I wore a mask all throughout while legally required despite having almost debilitating panic attacks every single time I put it on. It would have been easier, to just not bother. I however, haven't decided to sit on my high horse and use it as a stick to beat others.

My point stands, all actions have consequences that could hurt others. If you participate in any of them, you can't get lofty about others.

over a year ago

On the other hand, it's very easy to wear a mask...

So, because its hard that makes it okay? I wore a mask all throughout while legally required despite having almost debilitating panic attacks every single time I put it on. It would have been easier, to just not bother. I however, haven't decided to sit on my high horse and use it as a stick to beat others.

My point stands, all actions have consequences that could hurt others. If you participate in any of them, you can't get lofty about others."

Your point is v silly. Short of living in caves, growing all our own food, making everything we use etc, it's near impossible to avoid affecting others in some way.

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

"

Your point is v silly. Short of living in caves, growing all our own food, making everything we use etc, it's near impossible to avoid affecting others in some way."

Yet you judge others for doing it on a lesser level?

It's hypocritical to do something that causes a lot of well publicised suffering while judging others that are doing the same.

Is the convenience of having a smart phone in your pocket really worth a human life? People refusing to mask up may just want that same convenience.

over a year ago

"

Your point is v silly. Short of living in caves, growing all our own food, making everything we use etc, it's near impossible to avoid affecting others in some way.Yet you judge others for doing it on a lesser level?

It's hypocritical to do something that causes a lot of well publicised suffering while judging others that are doing the same.

Is the convenience of having a smart phone in your pocket really worth a human life? People refusing to mask up may just want that same convenience."

What on Earth are you even talking about? For most people, it's v easy to wear a mask when needed. It's hardly a great and terrible trial.

Yes, some people are physically or mentally unable to wear them. But that's an entirely different case to the vastly bigger number of people who can wear them but simply can't be bothered to.

over a year ago

On the issue of wearing masks: it's not about sneering. It's not about a high horse or any of that. It's simply about saving human lives by the very simple action of wearing a mask during a pandemic.

Certain people keep trying to spin this issue as if being made or encouraged to wear a mask is a terrible infringement of their rights. Or, as above, that it's terrible hypocrisy.

It's not.

It's simply a very easy way to save lives.

Most people who won't wear masks simply don't want to admit to others, or even to themselves, the true reason they don't want to wear them is they really don't care about the lives of others.

(And of course there are people who have genuine medical reasons they can't wear masks. But the people who shout loudly and angrily aren't doing so from those grounds.)

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

Do you judge someone not wearing a mask?

over a year ago

"Do you judge someone not wearing a mask? "

People should wear masks when they're beneficial if they're able to wear them.

I think that sums it up.

You're still trying to spin this as judgement or hypocrisy. It's simply a matter of public health. We're in a pandemic. Masks help. For most people, masks are easy. That's all.

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

My only gripe with masks is the judgement on either side. That's why I'm "spinning" it that way. Those judging others don't know why that individual doesn't have a mask on.

I wore mine throughout when I had too. I'm however very glad it's not required now, I will also likely avoid places that make it mandatory to wear one, it wasn't pleasant for me during winter, the latest heatwave would have made it a lot worse.

By *unnilingualMan
over a year ago

Margate

I wear a mask when going in to shops out of respect for shop workers and others who may feel uncomfortable still.

I hate it because my glasses steam up so I have to take them off but it's a small sacrifice for folk who have worked throughout in trying circumstances.

over a year ago

I didn't know, thanks for letting me know.

over a year ago

The pandemic's over!

over a year ago

North West

"

Time to move on!

"

My son (18, healthy) has symptoms and tested positive for Covid over the weekend. It's not over.

over a year ago

North West

"My only gripe with masks is the judgement on either side. That's why I'm "spinning" it that way. Those judging others don't know why that individual doesn't have a mask on.

I wore mine throughout when I had too. I'm however very glad it's not required now, I will also likely avoid places that make it mandatory to wear one, it wasn't pleasant for me during winter, the latest heatwave would have made it a lot worse. "

Medical staff are wearing not only surgical masks, but full FFP3 masks and full-body PPE during the heatwave. I wear a surgical mask for the duration of the vaccine clinics I work at and I was there, jabbing people, when the outdoor temperature was 32°C. It's really not that bad.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Unless you life your life in a way that causes zero impact on humanity or the environment, get off your high horse, you can't really toss around the selfish term."

So because people do bad things, we can't try to improve the world?

Uh, no.

over a year ago

Wow this

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

However some people at least try. And some people just make up excuses why they shouldn't even try.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Nope, the course of Ivermectin I'm on has kept Auntie Rona away from me for over a year now"

You may be fortunate, from having that unproven drug or good fortune, helped by the restrictions and vaccines, that have helped to keep us all safer. The major study that seemed to show a possible benefit from Ivermectin had its preprint results pulled by the publisher, stating plagiariasm and that the numbers didn't add up. That 'study' was the main driver for other meta-analyses finding a possible benefit, when others found nothing, so it's presently just a hyped up puff-piece, that a team used to leverage its way to get international attention. Sadly, they now have the attention on their cobbled together numbers that don't equate to anything, as well as someone having been busy with copying and pasting from published works. Bit of a sad ballsup, if it does help people.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"

Time to move on!

"

It should be no surprise that there's a difference. Not wearing masks is helping to fuel someone's harm. Wearing a mask does not and, like vaccination, is helping the country to recover.

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"The pandemic's over!"

I will only believe that when someone posts it followed by 'Fact'!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The pandemic's over!

I will only believe that when someone posts it followed by 'Fact'!"

In caps, because capslock is cruise control for cool?

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

"My only gripe with masks is the judgement on either side. That's why I'm "spinning" it that way. Those judging others don't know why that individual doesn't have a mask on.

I wore mine throughout when I had too. I'm however very glad it's not required now, I will also likely avoid places that make it mandatory to wear one, it wasn't pleasant for me during winter, the latest heatwave would have made it a lot worse.

Medical staff are wearing not only surgical masks, but full FFP3 masks and full-body PPE during the heatwave. I wear a surgical mask for the duration of the vaccine clinics I work at and I was there, jabbing people, when the outdoor temperature was 32°C. It's really not that bad."

Good for them/you. I'll be sure to keep it in mind next time I'm on verge of passing out and having a full blown panic attack, oh wait I won't because I don't give a shit if it's easy for anyone else.

I hope you have the same bedside manner and consideration for anyone who has a panic attack or medical condition while you're dishing out vaccines

By *aughtycouple1008Couple
over a year ago

west london

If someone said that to me..I'll take my mask off and say..gimme a kiss

Post new Message to Thread