Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Advice on 2nd Jab

Jump to newest

By *exybum_30 OP   Woman
over a year ago

I’m looking for advice

I had my first Jab in March and I’m due my 2nd which was Astra Zeneca.

Since having my first they have now stopped giving under 40s the Jab due to complications. I’m just very unsure what to do, take it and risk a complication or take a jab for an illness that would be mild (apparently)

I also know of 2 ladies that live in my area one I know personally of died 2 weeks after have 2nd Jab AZ. It was down they suffered a heart attack… both in late 30’s early 40’s but is now being looked into as no known health conditions before Jab. Tbh it’s scared me.. just unsure what to do

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ayboii2018_12Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

Any medication comes with risk. Ring your GP and see what they think. I believe, *correct me if I'm wrong* there looking into mixing vaccines.

All of my friends are in the 20+ age group and work in healthcare and they got their Astra Zenca and they were alll fine. Hope you're okay x

By *exybum_30 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Any medication comes with risk. Ring your GP and see what they think. I believe, *correct me if I'm wrong* there looking into mixing vaccines.

All of my friends are in the 20+ age group and work in healthcare and they got their Astra Zenca and they were alll fine. Hope you're okay x "

Thank you, that has reassured me. Maybe I will wait abit longer and see if they allow the mixing after a certain time x

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 18/06/21 00:37:09]

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Any medication comes with risk. Ring your GP and see what they think. I believe, *correct me if I'm wrong* there looking into mixing vaccines.

All of my friends are in the 20+ age group and work in healthcare and they got their Astra Zenca and they were alll fine. Hope you're okay x

Thank you, that has reassured me. Maybe I will wait abit longer and see if they allow the mixing after a certain time x"

Your best option is consultant your doctor for advice the gab between each jab is important for the immune system a delay could have a impact

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

The mixing thing is only a trial at the moment and the early evidence is that people experience more side effects than having two of the same dose.

The absolute risk is smaller (ten fold smaller) than being hit by lightning, and also significantly lower than having a blood clot from taking the contraceptive pill. The majority of the rate clotting events have occurred within a few weeks of the first dose rather than the second.

Perhaps have a read of this article on the British Heart Foundation website:

Title: AstraZeneca Covid vaccine: safety and side effects

By *issusWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

"I’m looking for advice

Since having my first they have now stopped giving under 40s the Jab due to complications. I’m just very unsure what to do, take it and risk a complication or take a jab for an illness that would be mild (apparently)

I also know of 2 ladies that live in my area one I know personally of died 2 weeks after have 2nd Jab AZ. It was down they suffered a heart attack… both in late 30’s early 40’s but is now being looked into as no known health conditions before Jab. Tbh it’s scared me.. just unsure what to do"

Please do what you feel is the safest for you and never let anyone to guilt trip/bully you into getting a medical treatment you are not sure of.

You only have one life and one body

By *ayboii2018_12Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

Remember there will always be some risk with anything.

I don't think social media and click baits like The Sun help the issue at all.

GPs and Nurses will help and advise a lot better x

By *eedslad69Man
over a year ago

leeds

"I’m looking for advice

I also know of 2 ladies that live in my area one I know personally of died 2 weeks after have 2nd Jab AZ. It was down they suffered a heart attack… both in late 30’s early 40’s but is now being looked into as no known health conditions before Jab. Tbh it’s scared me.. just unsure what to do

Please do what you feel is the safest for you and never let anyone to guilt trip/bully you into getting a medical treatment you are not sure of.

You only have one life and one body "

Completely agree. Go with you're gut instinct, it's usually right. If you've got doubts don't take it. You are responsible for yourself. The doctor that gives you the advice to take it is not going to be there to save you if there's complications, god forbid.

By *exybum_30 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Thank you all xxx

I will contact the GP and ask for advice and just go from there.

I’m sure it’s just my anxiety taking over lol x

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

Ask your doctor if there is anything in your medical history which may predispose you to an unfavourable outcome with the vaccination. Ask if there are any heightened risks to be considered. Ask for this to be on record.

Your doctor should then take a step back and review your notes more carefully and weigh anything up against their own medical knowledge.

That is a medical consultation as opposed to a quick chat and a handwave of "Oh you'll be fine". It means the Doctor actually goes through your medical history with a more careful eye and can consider your situation more personally. There's nothing wrong in asking for this. Doctors are used to it all the time.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"I’m looking for advice

I also know of 2 ladies that live in my area one I know personally of died 2 weeks after have 2nd Jab AZ. It was down they suffered a heart attack… both in late 30’s early 40’s but is now being looked into as no known health conditions before Jab. Tbh it’s scared me.. just unsure what to do"

I was in this situation too, I chose to go ahead and get the second AZ vaccine, the risk of any serious health issues coming from the vaccine is very small.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I was worried as I have a family history of blood clots... I spoke to several people and researched it myself and realised that the risks while taking my pill were higher than me getting a blood clot from the AstraZeneca. I read so much on it that I also realised that mixing two vaccinations or not getting the 2nd put me at considerably more risk.

I had a sore arm and a few days of tiredness after the 2nd. I had it back in march

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If had 1st az...they are still giving 2nd az...

It's new under 40s not getting az vaccine (vaccinator here)

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I’m looking for advice

Don't take advice on this from this forum its full of misinformation and conspiracy theorists who will tell you you will turn magnetic or some shit.

Speak to your Dr.

For the record I am 40 and have had both astra zenica vaccines with no issue what so ever. I am diabetic and over weight and asthmatic. But I am also just one persons experience.

By *reemindCoolMan
over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

if the mild effects of the jab worries you i would be a lot more woried about full blown covid

By *an hjCouple
over a year ago

Stowmarket

Thank you, that has reassured me. Maybe I will

wait abit longer and see if they allow the mixing

after a certain time x"

Don't wait so long that you go beyond the twelve weeks.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

If you can get hold of your own doctor to speak to then the advice would be good, ours has a big notice on their website saying they won't answer any queries about the vaccine

Obviously I am not in the same age group as you so have had both AZ's , however when going for the second one they asked loads more questions and they gave me time for me to ask them a good few questions too so I would ask when you get the jab if you don't get any joy anywhere else

By *sm81Couple
over a year ago

warwickshire

My first and second was the astra zeneca, they like to give people the same type of vaccination. They just mention about the blood clots now and what to look out for

over a year ago

"I’m looking for advice

Don't read the warnings packages with paracetamol or many other common meds....you'll poo yourself!!

By *moothGrooveWoman
over a year ago

Durham

I've had my second AZ vacation this morning and I'm under 40. The nurse explained that it is now against the guidelines to give it to under 40s that since I had it as my first vaccine they cannot currently offer a different one as the second. She also explained that you are at at a greater risk of blood clots through taking contraceptive medication then you are having the AZ vacation and most women don't bat an eyelid at taking that.

Yes there is a small risk but but with most vaccinations and medical procedures there is a small risk involved. But as with most of these things the outcome of doing nothing is usually more significant than the risk of doing nothing.

By *efinitely MaybeCouple
over a year ago

Wakefield

I turned down my second AZ jab due to side effects I experienced. I’m waiting for a referral to come through for investigations. I was told that those under 40 who’ve had AZ first can have Pfizer second if they wish, however because I’m over 40 I can mix the jabs without authorisation from immunology.

There is (apparently) a higher risk to those women who are currently taking the pill with the AZ jab - but that isn’t being publicised. Needless to say, the vast majority of women on the pill fall in to the below 40 category - hence them being protected from the risk. Sadly that protection doesn’t extend to those above 40 who still choose or need to take the pill.

Wife had Pfizer jabs, she is still on pill and will not accept any AZ jab in the future.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

OP noticed you are a smoker the chances of smoking triggering blood clots is many many times higher than having the AZ vaccine.

By *ewkesbury cowboyMan
over a year ago

Tewkesbury

I've had both jabs. Both astra zeneca no problems here. If you are worried the best person to talk to is your doctor

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

With the possibility of maybe having the 2nd dose, whilst knowing that precise timing improves the strength of your immunity, I'd act quickly, getting the advice from your GP about what they think is best for you. It's still your decision and your GP will feel a responsibility of care for you.

over a year ago

Take the advice of the people who are expert in their field of the Virus and Vaccines

over a year ago

"if the mild effects of the jab worries you i would be a lot more woried about full blown covid"

This

over a year ago

I’ve had covid twice and I’ve had both injections.

First jab…unwell with flu like symptoms

Second jab … no symptoms

Covid first time … flu like

Covid second time … very ill .. narrowly missed going into hospital. If I hadn’t been in control of my medical issues and had an ambulance out it would have been very different ( pre jabs)

over a year ago

How were you after the first jab? If you only had a headache or similar then chances are you should be ok. Your body response should be better now after getting used to the antibodies.

With regards to your friends heart attack, that's very sad but not too uncommon.

I used to pride myself on my fitness after 22years in the army and kept fit as much as possible.

This time last year I was recovering from the biggest fight of my life after multiple heart attacks over a two week period followed by an emergency bypass.

I ignored the first ones because I thought it was unsafe to go to hospital.

So glad I swallowed my pride.

I've also had my second jab late April (Pfizer) with no side effects and lots of relatives had there jabs (AZ) without problems so hopefully you should be ok.

Good luck either way

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

I had AZ and only had a sore arm where the thick needle went in. Otherwise fine. Glad I'm inoculated against fake news.

over a year ago

Had both my shots of Pfizer, but no advice really. Had a sore arm for maybe a day each time. After that, all good

By *olves22Man
over a year ago

dudley

Avoid the az jab like the plague.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Avoid the az jab like the plague."

Why?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"I had AZ and only had a sore arm where the thick needle went in. Otherwise fine. Glad I'm inoculated against fake news."

Thick needle? Mine was tiny, no more than half an inch long, and if it was any thinner I think it would have bent instead of piercing the skin.

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"I’m looking for advice

You had your fist one and are posting here so presumably did not die

They did say at the beginning that if you had the first one of a particular one you should have the same again

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Also meant to say why not just go on the NHS website and look at the faq

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I had AZ and only had a sore arm where the thick needle went in. Otherwise fine. Glad I'm inoculated against fake news.

Thick needle? Mine was tiny, no more than half an inch long, and if it was any thinner I think it would have bent instead of piercing the skin."

Mine was the smallest needle I have ever had. I couldn't even feel it go in.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"How were you after the first jab? If you only had a headache or similar then chances are you should be ok. Your body response should be better now after getting used to the antibodies.

With regards to your friends heart attack, that's very sad but not too uncommon.

I used to pride myself on my fitness after 22years in the army and kept fit as much as possible.

This time last year I was recovering from the biggest fight of my life after multiple heart attacks over a two week period followed by an emergency bypass.

I ignored the first ones because I thought it was unsafe to go to hospital.

So glad I swallowed my pride.

I've also had my second jab late April (Pfizer) with no side effects and lots of relatives had there jabs (AZ) without problems so hopefully you should be ok.

Good luck either way"

Wow hell of a journey... Glad you're on the mend. Great news

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Thank you all xxx

I will contact the GP and ask for advice and just go from there.

I’m sure it’s just my anxiety taking over lol x"

Did you manage to get time with your gp? I was anxious before my 2nd jab. Trouble is we've all made this into a massive issue and we've had time to ruminate. It may be worth you going back to find out a bit more about the people who died and how. Sometimes people do love to spread drama.... Sometimes it may be legitimate. Remember nobody is forcing you...so there is no pressure.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I had AZ and only had a sore arm where the thick needle went in. Otherwise fine. Glad I'm inoculated against fake news.

Thick needle? Mine was tiny, no more than half an inch long, and if it was any thinner I think it would have bent instead of piercing the skin."

Yeah, I used to be given baby needles for my blood tests because of my needle phobia. The vaccine needle was the same size or smaller.

By *olves22Man
over a year ago

dudley

"Avoid the az jab like the plague.

Why?"

Because the paramedics who come to get tested regular at our site have told us that they are as busy as ever not with covid but with people who have had the az jab

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Why?

Because the paramedics who come to get tested regular at our site have told us that they are as busy as ever not with covid but with people who have had the az jab"

Given the numbers vaccinated, the numbers of side effects, and the dangers of Covid, I'd bet on the vaccine before an anecdote on the internet.

By *1c4yMan
over a year ago

stourbridge

Big mistake asking for the 2nd jab in my leg...

Pfizer killing me!

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Why?

Because the paramedics who come to get tested regular at our site have told us that they are as busy as ever not with covid but with people who have had the az jab"

in what way... as pretty much most people I know have had AstraZeneca with very few issues apart from sore arm and tiredness

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

[Removed by poster at 29/06/21 01:36:31]

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

"Big mistake asking for the 2nd jab in my leg...

Pfizer killing me!"

Stiff leg?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Been sound off mine

Well done to the NHS and all the volunteers

By *jhj69Couple
over a year ago

sale

Why?

Well since I've had my second AZ vaccination I've found I've become intolerant of nonsense people say on the internet. Out of interest, what exactly are they busy doing with people who've had the Astra Zeneca jab? Making tea?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Been sound off mine

Well done to the NHS and all the volunteers

"

Absolutely

Post new Message to Thread