Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Lazy airport workers and the virus??

Jump to newest

By *ichaelangela OP   Couple
over a year ago

notts

Could this be why all these variants are getting in ??

My Son has just arrived back from working in Japan, he says he had more checks to get out of Japan, but arriving back at Heathrow everyone on the plane was just waved through and told to keep on moving.

Fortunately, he works for a reputable company who have organized all the relevant checks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *exywheelsCouple
over a year ago

inverness

It's the responsibility of Border force to check inbound pax. not the airport staff.

over a year ago

notts

ooops, i chose the wrong title .... sue me.

or.... do border force people WORK at the AIRPORT ??? there fore making them irport workers

I never thought that baggage handlers would be checking people in or something ffs

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The government resources mean that we get what we vote and are willing to pay for . It's shocking that there were minimal checks . Those arriving were tested with a negative result before arrival and will have to have paid for more tests after arrival, which is a little reassuring.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"ooops, i chose the wrong title .... sue me.

or.... do border force people WORK at the AIRPORT ??? there fore making them irport workers

I never thought that baggage handlers would be checking people in or something ffs"

if other people are meant to be smart enough to see what you meant rather than what you said , why shouldn’t we expect you to be smart enough to realise the folk on the desk are doing the job they have been told to do

nobody is being “waved” through into the UK from japan without passports being checked that was just lies, if actually what you mean is you dont think the covid specific checks were detailed enough it has nothing to do with the workers being lazy , and everything to do with what policy had been written for the checks they need to complete

folk just going to work doing their job as told , hardly their fault

over a year ago

If everyone was checked and tested before leaving Japan and was a non stop flight and assuming the aircraft was also treated before they all boarded... What were they going to catch en route?

Genuine question.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"If everyone was checked and tested before leaving Japan and was a non stop flight and assuming the aircraft was also treated before they all boarded... What were they going to catch en route?

Genuine question. "

Some big assumptions there. But testing isn't fool proof. We know from the stage managed test crowd events that everyone attending was tested and yet some still apparently caught it in open air events. So 14 hours in a hermetically sealed metal tube might be a bit more likely...? Hence why people should quarantine.

I think the point the op is making is that some other countries seem to be a bit/lot more rigorous with entry and exit procedures. The semantics of the arrivals process... Who does what.. Where.. When.. I don't think was particularly the relevant point. Just that arriving passengers from Amber / red list countries should be managed to minimise risk of bringing infections in.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Don't forget as well that the fact a policy exists does not mean it is being actioned, actioned accurately and effectively or enforced. Not does it mean that the policy's are effective or sensible or achievable... (eg the fortress around care homes which had no chance of being delivered as we could nt / wouldn't test them)

over a year ago

notts

"If everyone was checked and tested before leaving Japan and was a non stop flight and assuming the aircraft was also treated before they all boarded... What were they going to catch en route?

Genuine question.

Some big assumptions there. But testing isn't fool proof. We know from the stage managed test crowd events that everyone attending was tested and yet some still apparently caught it in open air events. So 14 hours in a hermetically sealed metal tube might be a bit more likely...? Hence why people should quarantine.

I think the point the op is making is that some other countries seem to be a bit/lot more rigorous with entry and exit procedures. The semantics of the arrivals process... Who does what.. Where.. When.. I don't think was particularly the relevant point. Just that arriving passengers from Amber / red list countries should be managed to minimise risk of bringing infections in. "

Beautifully explained thank you .... I was going to put a whole response on my myself but thought better of it in the end, some people are just not worth the effort

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"ooops, i chose the wrong title .... sue me.

I never thought that baggage handlers would be checking people in or something ffs"

Not all us border force agents work at the airport

over a year ago

Genuine question.

I think the point the op is making is that some other countries seem to be a bit/lot more rigorous with entry and exit procedures. The semantics of the arrivals process... Who does what.. Where.. When.. I don't think was particularly the relevant point. Just that arriving passengers from Amber / red list countries should be managed to minimise risk of bringing infections in. "

I wasn't making any assumptions to be frank, I did say it was a genuine question but forgot, those don't seem to be allowed.

over a year ago

Genuine question.

I think the point the op is making is that some other countries seem to be a bit/lot more rigorous with entry and exit procedures. The semantics of the arrivals process... Who does what.. Where.. When.. I don't think was particularly the relevant point. Just that arriving passengers from Amber / red list countries should be managed to minimise risk of bringing infections in.

Beautifully explained thank you .... I was going to put a whole response on my myself but thought better of it in the end, some people are just not worth the effort"

Seriously, are you always as rude to someone asking a simple question.

over a year ago

"Could this be why all these variants are getting in ??

My Son has just arrived back from working in Japan, he says he had more checks to get out of Japan, but arriving back at Heathrow everyone on the plane was just waved through and told to keep on moving.

Fortunately, he works for a reputable company who have organized all the relevant checks."

My friend works at the airport and it's the same for flights coming in from India and Pakistan, which have increased since the new strain from there

Also don't forget we have hundreds coming in by the boat load down the coast daily! Have a great day now!

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Im in transit as i type this.

And i can safley say from check in staff to security everyone is carrying out thier jobs correctly.

They have denied 34 passengers due to fly to Lagos, for not having the correct paperwork.

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Wow

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Genuine question.

I wasn't making any assumptions to be frank, I did say it was a genuine question but forgot, those don't seem to be allowed. "

Other than... " Japan and was a non stop flight and assuming the aircraft...."

I don't think anyone's being rude. Sorry if you feel I was... As I wasn't. Just having a discussion. Arent we?

over a year ago

Genuine question.

I wasn't making any assumptions to be frank, I did say it was a genuine question but forgot, those don't seem to be allowed.

I don't think anyone's being rude. Sorry if you feel I was... As I wasn't. Just having a discussion. Arent we? "

Bit pedantic but OK so I assumed the plane would be treated

over a year ago

Genuine question.

I don't think anyone's being rude. Sorry if you feel I was... As I wasn't. Just having a discussion. Arent we? "

I didn't say you were rude, that was the post following yours.

By *he RingmasterMan
over a year ago

Canford Cliffs

"Could this be why all these variants are getting in ??

Fortunately, he works for a reputable company who have organized all the relevant checks.

My friend works at the airport and it's the same for flights coming in from India and Pakistan, which have increased since the new strain from there

Also don't forget we have hundreds coming in by the boat load down the coast daily! Have a great day now!"

Nigel - is that you ?

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

It’s surely not the airport staff, border control or anyone else who works at the airport who is at fault. It’s the follow up on everyone who should be self isolating at home or at hotels thar needs to be tightened up. Once they leave the airport. How many go to the shops for essentials?

Post new Message to Thread