Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Coming to the UK...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The next installment of covid19 hybrid, a highly infectious blend of uk and Indian virus dubbed the Vietnamese virus.

Can (if the government finally learn to close the borders) keep this new strain out?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Groundhog day...

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 30/05/21 10:04:02]

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Groundhog day..."

Ad infinitum.

over a year ago

"The next installment of covid19 hybrid, a highly infectious blend of uk and Indian virus dubbed the Vietnamese virus.

Can (if the government finally learn to close the borders) keep this new strain out?

Vietnamese Virus number 10.Keep Victor Charles out please if they have it.

"

over a year ago

"Groundhog day...

Ad infinitum. "

Move along, there's nothing to see here.

over a year ago

im about 99% positive i have read on these forums from people who are actually trained in microbiology, that virus strains cannot “blend” together, so either this is bad terminology used for a normal mutation that shows similarities to uk and indian variants, or its just outright lies

either way the purpose seems to be to cause panic

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"im about 99% positive i have read on these forums from people who are actually trained in microbiology, that virus strains cannot “blend” together, so either this is bad terminology used for a normal mutation that shows similarities to uk and indian variants, or its just outright lies

either way the purpose seems to be to cause panic "

Hmm. Look up viral recombination. (Have the equivalent of a science GCSE over here )

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

Next month there'll be a "small village in outer Mongolia " varient.

Just stop now, the pattern is formed, the people were duped, its now flogging a dead horse.

over a year ago

"im about 99% positive i have read on these forums from people who are actually trained in microbiology, that virus strains cannot “blend” together, so either this is bad terminology used for a normal mutation that shows similarities to uk and indian variants, or its just outright lies

Hmm. Look up viral recombination. (Have the equivalent of a science GCSE over here )"

maybe i misunderstood at the time or remembered wrongly, but i was sure it was kinkycouple that explained each mutation came from a strain of the virus in a linear fashion, they don’t start merging together back when folk were first asking about mutations that might get around the vaccine

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Next month there'll be a "small village in outer Mongolia " varient.

Just stop now, the pattern is formed, the people were duped, its now flogging a dead horse. "

Viruses mutate. They're colloquially called things like the Kent variant because things like B117 are too hard to remember.

Imagine the most surveilled virus of all time, that we find out lots of things.

... Sounds logical.

over a year ago

Just stop now, the pattern is formed, the people were duped, its now flogging a dead horse. "

i do think variants need to be given the proper care, attention and investigation by the science and medical communities

but yes the dead horse approach by the press is worrying because if one does arise which we do really need to worry about we will already be too far down the boy who cried wolf path for the public to take appropriate notice

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Just stop now, the pattern is formed, the people were duped, its now flogging a dead horse.

i do think variants need to be given the proper care, attention and investigation by the science and medical communities

but yes the dead horse approach by the press is worrying because if one does arise which we do really need to worry about we will already be too far down the boy who cried wolf path for the public to take appropriate notice "

Yes - the science and the media are different things.

I think for the public the answer, at the moment, is the same whether there's two variants or two hundred. Be careful, this isn't over yet.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Hmm. Look up viral recombination. (Have the equivalent of a science GCSE over here )

maybe i misunderstood at the time or remembered wrongly, but i was sure it was kinkycouple that explained each mutation came from a strain of the virus in a linear fashion, they don’t start merging together back when folk were first asking about mutations that might get around the vaccine "

She's the one to ask - but viral recombination does exist.

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

Now there's a horse virus ?

By *ackandtheunicornCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

More fearmongering.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's a pity in some ways that we moved into the current stage of relaxations, as we're far more susceptible to any slight advantages that the virus may gain. When May 17th arrived, it was almost as good as stated that we were fully in the clear, for many. This May change may be the biggest mistake, instead of having had some caution.

I'm unsure if we're getting flights from Vietnam, or whether their borders are even open, as they had had a fairly good management of the virus.

The global target has to be to reduce infection numbers everywhere, as each 1 could be a new mutation that undoes much of our great efforts.

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

Now there's a horse virus ? "

Give it time, I'm sure SAGE are considering all possibilities. Once they run out of countries they'll stick Animal variants out there, followed by house brick variant and a plethora of variants associated with weather.

over a year ago

"The next installment of covid19 hybrid, a highly infectious blend of uk and Indian virus dubbed the Vietnamese virus.

Vietnamese Virus number 10.Keep Victor Charles out please if they have it.

I knew it. No. One has a clue what I am on about. Lol. Unless you are from the good old USA and served in NAM

"

over a year ago

I'm a little confused by some of the posts here, especially some of the technical words being used like. The and when if what or it on is.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Now there's a horse virus ? "

Neigh

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Now there's a horse virus ?

Neigh"

over a year ago

but yes the dead horse approach by the press is worrying because if one does arise which we do really need to worry about we will already be too far down the boy who cried wolf path for the public to take appropriate notice "

Post new Message to Thread