Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Insufficient double vaccinations

Jump to newest

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

I personally feel that an insufficient number of residents of the UK and Ireland have been double vaccinated to permit opening up of these nation states.

It would be more prudent to wait a little longer, especially in the Republic of Ireland.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's always a balancing act between public health and other factors.

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I personally agree. Once again, the current government are needlessly risking lives for the sake of popularity.

Pay attention the numbers, not the posh sociopaths in suits.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

We should have lifted the restrictions fully months ago. They are causing far more damage than the are helping.

By *amantha TSWoman
over a year ago

Swindon

If you're basing your decisions purely on the risk of becoming ill with Covid them yes, I would agree.

But I'd you base it on the likelyhood of becoming severely ill that you require hospital treatment, or could die, then I would say we are ready to continue opening back up. Add in the extra factors such as mental health, economic recovery and the general fatigue we all are experiencing with this pandemic, we need a path forward and learning to accept that Covid is here to stay but we can manage it has got to be a good thing.

We can't live in fear any longer, what kind of life is that? It's time we were allowed to get back to normal, albeit with a slightly heightened awareness of our fragility as a species.

By *ilancsguyMan
over a year ago

Burnley

Irrespective of whatever vaccines are available, how many boosters are given on top of being double jabbed one thing is certain.... the metaphorical cat is well and truly out of the bag.

Covid is a coronavirus which puts it in the group of viruses that cause a common cold, cough etc. I am not making any reference to how ill someone might be with Covid, the fact is now it is out there it's here to stay. It will mutate and there will always be a new variant around the corner. So for a variety of reasons, like it or not, we have to learn to live with it. Never ending lockdowns, furlough, business support, enforced business closures are not a long term answer. The amount of public money spent on Covid so far just in UK will take many many decades to repay.

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"If you're basing your decisions purely on the risk of becoming ill with Covid them yes, I would agree.

But I'd you base it on the likelyhood of becoming severely ill that you require hospital treatment, or could die, then I would say we are ready to continue opening back up. Add in the extra factors such as mental health, economic recovery and the general fatigue we all are experiencing with this pandemic, we need a path forward and learning to accept that Covid is here to stay but we can manage it has got to be a good thing.

We can't live in fear any longer, what kind of life is that? It's time we were allowed to get back to normal, albeit with a slightly heightened awareness of our fragility as a species."

I am very tired of measured and responsible behaviour in the face of a pandemic being characterised as "living in fear".

Accusing me of cowardice as a manipulation tactic didn't work in the school playground and it won't work now.

Post new Message to Thread