Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

People who won't social distance

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have found a good fun system to deal with people behind me who won't socially distance when queueing for the till.

I simply turn round, look them in the eye and ask "Sorry, would you like to go first?"

It's particularly amusing when they've got a trolley full, I've got one item and they say, "Yes".

Always worth the longer wait to hear the tuts from other shoppers!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

I just start to fake cough. Ppl back off!

over a year ago

"I just start to fake cough. Ppl back off!"

I know what you mean, but that was made an arrestable offence. So far, asking someone if they want to go first does not carry any risk of spending the night in a cell!

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"I have found a good fun system to deal with people behind me who won't socially distance when queueing for the till.

I simply turn round, look them in the eye and ask "Sorry, would you like to go first?"

It's particularly amusing when they've got a trolley full, I've got one item and they say, "Yes".

"

I'm confused. Why would other shoppers tut if you let the person behind you go first? Their wait will be the same

over a year ago

"I have found a good fun system to deal with people behind me who won't socially distance when queueing for the till.

I'm confused. Why would other shoppers tut if you let the person behind you go first? Their wait will be the same "

To quote from my OP

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

I'm confused. Why would other shoppers tut if you let the person behind you go first? Their wait will be the same

To quote from my OP

It's particularly amusing when they've got a trolley full, I've got one item and they say, "Yes"."

Yes I read that. You also said 'Always worth the longer wait to hear the tuts from other shoppers!'

So why are other shoppers tutting when their wait is exactly the same?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I just start to fake cough. Ppl back off!

I know what you mean, but that was made an arrestable offence. So far, asking someone if they want to go first does not carry any risk of spending the night in a cell!"

Fairly sure they arent knicking people for coughing now

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I know what you mean, but that was made an arrestable offence. So far, asking someone if they want to go first does not carry any risk of spending the night in a cell!

Fairly sure they arent knicking people for coughing now "

Yeah pretty sure that was for people who intentionally cough in people's faces knowing that they are infected.

A random cough under a mask isn't arrestable.

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

We were in the queue for b&q checkout recently and I had a 3m long piece of wood.

I could feel breath on the back of my neck so I turned round to see two people about one pace behind me.

As I turned back to face the checkout the piece of wood caught one of them square on tbe side of the face.

He stepped back 2 meters and I didn't have to open my mouth.

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

"

You can do two things.. Depending on how close someone is..

If they are too close behind just throw back your arm and make light contact.. Whilst at same time apologising for not knowing they were there..

Secondly and most effective.. Pretend to sneeze and cough a little bit whilst facing them

Generally get the message that way

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If they've got a trolley in front of them they cant really be that close to you anyway.

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

I just politely ask them to move back a little. Find most people are good at keeping their distance

over a year ago

"We were in the queue for b&q checkout recently and I had a 3m long piece of wood.

I could feel breath on the back of my neck so I turned round to see two people about one pace behind me.

As I turned back to face the checkout the piece of wood caught one of them square on tbe side of the face.

He stepped back 2 meters and I didn't have to open my mouth."

used to employ the same tactic when we were doing fun stuff in fetish clubs and the vanillas got too close, 4' snake whip plus arms length, double for distance to the cross, crack it on the floor or in the air, instant social distancing, maybe I should take one of my whips to Tesco

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"We were in the queue for b&q checkout recently and I had a 3m long piece of wood.

used to employ the same tactic when we were doing fun stuff in fetish clubs and the vanillas got too close, 4' snake whip plus arms length, double for distance to the cross, crack it on the floor or in the air, instant social distancing, maybe I should take one of my whips to Tesco

"

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

"

Have done this exact same thing in clubs before it's amazing how fast you suddenly have plenty of space around you when they realise it's going to smart if they continue to stand that close to the bitey end of the whip

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'd just be direct and request them to do what I wanted, to back away. Aren't trolleys about 1 metre? They can't be too far off 2m, surely? It's probably only going to be valid if you have a measuring tool, to demonstrate 2m.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

To quote from my OP

Yes I read that. You also said 'Always worth the longer wait to hear the tuts from other shoppers!'

So why are other shoppers tutting when their wait is exactly the same?"

I'm confused by this too.

Also baffled by why you think it's amusing to queue longer than necessary. If you did this with everyone who stood behind you, you would never get to the front of the queue.

over a year ago

"

To quote from my OP

Also baffled by why you think it's amusing to queue longer than necessary. If you did this with everyone who stood behind you, you would never get to the front of the queue. "

At least he thinks its amusing .

God knows why though.

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Fairly sure they arent knicking people for coughing now "

A deliberate cough or spit IN someone’s face is an offence. If they start arresting everyone who coughs or sneezes those cells are gonna be pretty full!

By *ncutgemMan
over a year ago

Bath ish

"

Now that I'd like to see Clean up on asle 4

By *ncutgemMan
over a year ago

Bath ish

simples Just walk infront of your troly as much gap as you LIKE

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"simples Just walk infront of your troly as much gap as you LIKE"

Who is pushing my trolley ?

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

"simples Just walk infront of your troly as much gap as you LIKE

Who is pushing my trolley ?"

I think they can be pulled as well, let me just check...

Yes, yes they can

over a year ago

I need wood!!

over a year ago

To quote from my OP

So why are other shoppers tutting when their wait is exactly the same?"

Coz the other shoppers generally make eye contact with me and sometimes make comments about the selfish twit with a trolley full who thinks they should be in front of me. (Yeah, it's getting complicated, but in real life it all falls into place. I'll shut up now,)

over a year ago

"

To quote from my OP

Also baffled by why you think it's amusing to queue longer than necessary. If you did this with everyone who stood behind you, you would never get to the front of the queue. "

It's also a great conversation starter with strangers in a supermarket queue.

over a year ago

Why not just ask them to keep their distance? Why all the mind games? Aren't you brave enough to simple say 'do you mind giving me some space and keeping distance please' it's quite simple

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

If you have only one item why do you stand in the trolley queue ? Why not use the self service checkout ?

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple
over a year ago

Watford

Did everybody clap/cheer?

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

For us, the rule is, go early.

Not 100% but in general the self centred, selfish or just plain thick, tend not to be early risers.

over a year ago

I know what you mean, but that was made an arrestable offence. So far, asking someone if they want to go first does not carry any risk of spending the night in a cell!"

Coughing or what someone would deem to be a ‘fake’ cough is an arrest table offence?? And how do you suppose your found guilty of fake coughing lol

Worlds gone mad

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

I have never really had a problem if anyone invades my space I just turn and look at them usually works a treat

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

Coughing or what someone would deem to be a ‘fake’ cough is an arrest table offence?? And how do you suppose your found guilty of fake coughing lol

Worlds gone mad "

Remember when all this covid kicked off there was a bloke who got stopped by police and then kicked off told, told them he had corona and then coughed in their faces on purpose. He got arrested.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Worlds gone mad

Remember when all this covid kicked off there was a bloke who got stopped by police and then kicked off told, told them he had corona and then coughed in their faces on purpose. He got arrested. "

I'm pretty sure spitting was already possible to prosecute as unlawful violence. It's not a leap to coughing, in context.

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

Worlds gone mad

Remember when all this covid kicked off there was a bloke who got stopped by police and then kicked off told, told them he had corona and then coughed in their faces on purpose. He got arrested.

I'm pretty sure spitting was already possible to prosecute as unlawful violence. It's not a leap to coughing, in context."

I agree

Post new Message to Thread