Jump to newest

By *ncutgem OP   Man
over a year ago

Bath ish

[Removed by poster at 15/05/21 08:44:36]

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would have thought lockdowns would have the opposite effect haven't been allowed to sleep around for well over a year and I would like to think most people outside of a committed relationship get tested quite regular so in theory should be a drop in sti's

By *ndreaaWoman
over a year ago

London

I saw an app launching soon called IPlaySafe App, it looks like a way to get tested and then securely share your test results. A club could require people to share their all clear results before admitting them to the club! I know condom is still necessary but I would feel much safer if some club would have an evening like that once in a while!!

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I saw an app launching soon called IPlaySafe App, it looks like a way to get tested and then securely share your test results. A club could require people to share their all clear results before admitting them to the club! I know condom is still necessary but I would feel much safer if some club would have an evening like that once in a while!!"

It is a good idea to get tested often for your own health and well-being, but I think that the issue with these things is that they only prove that you were infection free when the test was done, but some people will want to use it to "prove" that they don't need to wear a condom.

Cal

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

"I saw an app launching soon called IPlaySafe App, it looks like a way to get tested and then securely share your test results. A club could require people to share their all clear results before admitting them to the club! I know condom is still necessary but I would feel much safer if some club would have an evening like that once in a while!!"

Great idea. Stops people lying about being tested too. All about reducing risk as nothing 100% safe but combining things really helps.

over a year ago

"I would have thought lockdowns would have the opposite effect haven't been allowed to sleep around for well over a year and I would like to think most people outside of a committed relationship get tested quite regular so in theory should be a drop in sti's "

i think this probably rings true for on here , but much less likely for the cavelier tinder crew that think they are invincible from stds

people from dating apps have been trying to get in my house all year, lockdown was no deterrent and with fab protection is normally a given but with dates i almost always bring it up and provide it because they try to go ahead without

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

"I would have thought lockdowns would have the opposite effect haven't been allowed to sleep around for well over a year and I would like to think most people outside of a committed relationship get tested quite regular so in theory should be a drop in sti's

i think this probably rings true for on here , but much less likely for the cavelier tinder crew that think they are invincible from stds

people from dating apps have been trying to get in my house all year, lockdown was no deterrent and with fab protection is normally a given but with dates i almost always bring it up and provide it because they try to go ahead without "

That is truly shocking. Long time since either of us was on the “dating scene” and it was certainly before all these apps and swiping left/right.

Generally proper swingers (ie kinksters not those on places like fab who think it is for casual sex) seem better educated about and aware of STD/STI. Not saying there are risk takers of course.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

If vaccines are developed for STIs with the same impressive stats that the approved Covid vaccines have, yeah I'll take them.

over a year ago

I think because modern medicine has been so effective and sti's (even hiv) are rarely fatal lots of people don't see it has high risk.

Added to the fact sexual health education and detection funding has been cut over the last decade. It's not wonder lots of people don't use proper protection.

over a year ago

"If vaccines are developed for STIs with the same impressive stats that the approved Covid vaccines have, yeah I'll take them."

Prep makes HIV undetectable and so can't be passed on in something like 99% of people. Which is even higher than the covid vaccines. The difference is you have to keep taking it.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"If vaccines are developed for STIs with the same impressive stats that the approved Covid vaccines have, yeah I'll take them.

Prep makes HIV undetectable and so can't be passed on in something like 99% of people. Which is even higher than the covid vaccines. The difference is you have to keep taking it."

And I'm grateful for it. But as someone who's HIV negative, I'd be looking for a vaccine.

over a year ago

"I would have thought lockdowns would have the opposite effect haven't been allowed to sleep around for well over a year and I would like to think most people outside of a committed relationship get tested quite regular so in theory should be a drop in sti's

people from dating apps have been trying to get in my house all year, lockdown was no deterrent and with fab protection is normally a given but with dates i almost always bring it up and provide it because they try to go ahead without

That is truly shocking. Long time since either of us was on the “dating scene” and it was certainly before all these apps and swiping left/right.

Generally proper swingers (ie kinksters not those on places like fab who think it is for casual sex) seem better educated about and aware of STD/STI. Not saying there are risk takers of course."

yeah i agree , people in general on here are more aware, more proactive about testing and using protection

i think part of the issue on dating sites is folk that have come out of relationships where the girl was probably on birth control so condoms are not even part of the conversation , they’ve carried that behaviour into casual sex (women and men because i definitely get the impression plenty are going without when you get looked at like a total kill joy for insisting - even had guys take it off half way through hoping i wont notice) and they haven’t been bitten in the arse by it yet so to speak , or are symptom free so don’t realise they have and therefore convinced themselves the risk must be not as bad as folk say

i also find the numbers of men that can’t perform with condoms is higher than i ever thought it would be - wether thats true or an excuse i’m not sure because its usually then an absolute no from me - mostly because if they cant use then with me then its not a new issue so they weren’t using then with any other partner’s either

over a year ago

"If vaccines are developed for STIs with the same impressive stats that the approved Covid vaccines have, yeah I'll take them.

Prep makes HIV undetectable and so can't be passed on in something like 99% of people. Which is even higher than the covid vaccines. The difference is you have to keep taking it."

PREP is for people that don’t have HIV It’s a tablet you take as a negative person to stop you contracting it .

You are talking about ART for people that are already positive. The combination medication lowers the load to undetectable in most patients over time so they can’t spread it .

More people that have casual sex with multiple different people should consider Prep as a preventive tool for catching HIV.

Anyone questioning its safety etc, ask yourself are you getting the covid vaccination as well

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple
over a year ago

Cheam

"I think because modern medicine has been so effective and sti's (even hiv) are rarely fatal lots of people don't see it has high risk.

Added to the fact sexual health education and detection funding has been cut over the last decade. It's not wonder lots of people don't use proper protection."

You’ve kinda touched on the potential reason why there isn’t a vaccine here, because if there was a lot of big companies will lose out

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

The test yourself kits that some NHS services offer are brilliant, sent straight to your door - post back & results in 3/4 days.

Some even suggest the Hep & HPV vaccines too which is a massive bonus.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The test yourself kits that some NHS services offer are brilliant, sent straight to your door - post back & results in 3/4 days.

"

I'm very grateful to have got the HPV vaccine when it first rolled out

over a year ago

"The test yourself kits that some NHS services offer are brilliant, sent straight to your door - post back & results in 3/4 days.

I'm very grateful to have got the HPV vaccine when it first rolled out"

if its not too nosy, how come you got it? i am younger and i was too old

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

if its not too nosy, how come you got it? i am younger and i was too old "

Different rules in Australia

over a year ago

Different rules in Australia"

ah! they just seem to have assumed everyone here had already been shagging by 14 so started at 14 year olds and anyone older didn’t get it

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Different rules in Australia

ah! they just seem to have assumed everyone here had already been shagging by 14 so started at 14 year olds and anyone older didn’t get it "

Lol! There was a temporary top up to mid-late twenties in Australia, and I was 23.

By *amantha TSWoman
over a year ago

Swindon

I've started using the hometests from the SH UK website, keeps a record of your tests and results as well as being able to securely share the results. If you share they even say if it's your most recent test.

My last test was very thorough, urine, blood, and swabs of throat and rectum (different swabs thankfully!)

All processed within a few days, and for free. Very discreet and easy to do. Definitely recommended

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

if its not too nosy, how come you got it? i am younger and i was too old "

I had it in 2019

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I saw an app launching soon called IPlaySafe App, it looks like a way to get tested and then securely share your test results. A club could require people to share their all clear results before admitting them to the club! I know condom is still necessary but I would feel much safer if some club would have an evening like that once in a while!!

Great idea. Stops people lying about being tested too. All about reducing risk as nothing 100% safe but combining things really helps."

If we added age, weight, height, smoker, relationship status to this new "truth" app just think of the problems it could pre empt...

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Incorrect. Antiviral HIV medication makes HIV positive people have undetectable viral loads and thus equivalent to someone who is negative.

Prophylactic treatments are preventative and condoms are a form of prophylactic. PrEP medications are also preventative, preventing HIV infection -they don't treat infections at all.

By *ndreaaWoman
over a year ago

London

"I saw an app launching soon called IPlaySafe App, it looks like a way to get tested and then securely share your test results. A club could require people to share their all clear results before admitting them to the club! I know condom is still necessary but I would feel much safer if some club would have an evening like that once in a while!!

Great idea. Stops people lying about being tested too. All about reducing risk as nothing 100% safe but combining things really helps."

Yes, this app looks amazing for swingers I think! I checked their website and you can prove you have been tested recently without having to give any personal data, just with a user name so I can stay anonymous! I wanted this technology for a long time!! And a club can use it because it doesn’t involve paperwork or keeping personal data (which is illegal.)

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Great idea. Stops people lying about being tested too. All about reducing risk as nothing 100% safe but combining things really helps.

Yes, this app looks amazing for swingers I think! I checked their website and you can prove you have been tested recently without having to give any personal data, just with a user name so I can stay anonymous! I wanted this technology for a long time!! And a club can use it because it doesn’t involve paperwork or keeping personal data (which is illegal.)

"

Keeping people's data is not illegal, as long as they have permission.

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

And those people have agreed to how that data can be used.

By *ikeValentinaCouple
over a year ago

London

We checked the iplaysafe.app website as well. It’s our dream come true, it looks like the perfect app for us. If it’s as good as it sounds when they launch, we will be early customers for sure.

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

"We checked the iplaysafe.app website as well. It’s our dream come true, it looks like the perfect app for us. If it’s as good as it sounds when they launch, we will be early customers for sure."

over a year ago

All very well but like MOT tests, such things are only actually reliable for the moment of the test. A short time later someone could come into contact with anything and become infected. So, yes a partial protection, but not complete and still a leap of blind faith unless you’ve locked someone away from others in the meantime.

By *ikeValentinaCouple
over a year ago

London

Absolutely agreed but it would reduce the risk a lot. Condoms are still the best protection but in clubs etc there can be touching and oral sex without condom that can still spread STIs so knowing someone is serious about their sexual health and getting tested regularly will make us more comfortable for sure.

By *andm300Man
over a year ago

guildford

Wow this sounds awesome. Fear of disease It’s my wife main reason for not wanting to swing.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

All very well but like MOT tests, such things are only actually reliable for the moment of the test. A short time later someone could come into contact with anything and become infected. So, yes a partial protection, but not complete and still a leap of blind faith unless you’ve locked someone away from others in the meantime. "

For those choosing to go down that route, I don't think we need to let perfect be the enemy of the good.

Vaccines would be better.

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Nothing in life is 100% risk free. The fact that we are all swingers means we have a higher risk profile than a monogamous couple. What you can do is reduce your risk profile by introducing mitigations. Condoms is one. Regular STI tests another. Being more “choosy” about who you play with (ie try to play with people who appear to also take their sexual health seriously) being another.

So any new “tool” that contributes to these mitigations is welcome.

Post new Message to Thread