Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

home sti

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

you can now get an sti home testing kit.. its like they know people will still want to fuck despite pandemic.. discuss

d

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

You've been able to get them for years

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ignorance is bliss they say!

over a year ago

we didn't know til recently.. think its a fab idea. do you know how long it's been available for?

d

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Different regions have had then for a couple of years or more. A lot of clinic work is outsourced, so the providers have looked at cost savings etc

over a year ago

it's a great idea..

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"we didn't know til recently.. think its a fab idea. do you know how long it's been available for?

d"

several years in most places x

over a year ago

Sh:24

Free quick and easy to do

over a year ago

Some STIs won't show up in just a swab though...you need blood tests too...not meaning to put a negative vibe on home testing. It's fantastic but not all STIs will be detected...

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Some STIs won't show up in just a swab though...you need blood tests too...not meaning to put a negative vibe on home testing. It's fantastic but not all STIs will be detected..."
you get blood tests too.

over a year ago

"Some STIs won't show up in just a swab though...you need blood tests too...not meaning to put a negative vibe on home testing. It's fantastic but not all STIs will be detected..."

U can now prick ur fingers and they give u a little vial of blood and u fill it.

It is a pain in the ass as it took me 25 mins to get a tiny amount out enough to fill the vial. But yeah... lol that’s the only downside of doing this home test

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Some STIs won't show up in just a swab though...you need blood tests too...not meaning to put a negative vibe on home testing. It's fantastic but not all STIs will be detected...you get blood tests too."

Yes, they come in two parts.

The urine test is for Chylmidia and Gonorrhea and the blood test is for HIV and Syphilis.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Been doing these for at least 3 years every three months up until covid anyway.

As we have only been having sex with each other this past year it's pointless testing at the moment.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Some areas are trialling home smear tests

By *aughtynigel02121980Man
over a year ago

Brandon

"Some STIs won't show up in just a swab though...you need blood tests too...not meaning to put a negative vibe on home testing. It's fantastic but not all STIs will be detected...

U can now prick ur fingers and they give u a little vial of blood and u fill it.

It is a pain in the ass as it took me 25 mins to get a tiny amount out enough to fill the vial. But yeah... lol that’s the only downside of doing this home test "

You need to drink plenty of water beforehand. Water thins the blood out allowing it to be easily collected

By *inkyfilthymindMan
over a year ago

Berks / Heathrow

"we didn't know til recently.. think its a fab idea. do you know how long it's been available for?

d"

In our area, they introduced this for all when Pando started last year. It is a great idea

By *inkyfilthymindMan
over a year ago

Berks / Heathrow

"Some STIs won't show up in just a swab though...you need blood tests too...not meaning to put a negative vibe on home testing. It's fantastic but not all STIs will be detected...

It is a pain in the ass as it took me 25 mins to get a tiny amount out enough to fill the vial. But yeah... lol that’s the only downside of doing this home test

You need to drink plenty of water beforehand. Water thins the blood out allowing it to be easily collected"

This or soak your hand in warm water - does the trick every time

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Some locations you have to pay, others it is free.

The ones we get can be customised in a small way (yes or no to blood samples)

It is convenient, especially if you have no symptoms or feel you have been at risk, where going to the clinic makes it easier to get prescriptions.

A nice text to say all clear, and ability to log in for more detailed results.

over a year ago

Yes you can geta Full free test kit here

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

We've both done sh24 tests including blood tests twice during lockdown. I fem had "other lady issues" but Doc's wanted to cross sti's off the list. Everything came back clear twice. Mr teasted, as men can show stuff that females don't.

It's so quick, test arrived next day, results on day 4. Highly recommended, and going forward we're test every 3rd month.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"you can now get an sti home testing kit.. its like they know people will still want to fuck despite pandemic.. discuss

d"

Why would you think people wouldn't have sex during a pandemic? What about sex workers and people forced into sexual contact?

There's enough evidence on here and looking out of the window to suggest that fulfilling sexual urges trump catching C19.

I took my first home test about 5 years ago and I know they were available before that, I have googled to find out when they were but not found a date yet.

Top Tip. Women tend not to be offered a throat swab so when you order, do it as a man.

over a year ago

"Some STIs won't show up in just a swab though...you need blood tests too...not meaning to put a negative vibe on home testing. It's fantastic but not all STIs will be detected...you get blood tests too.

Yes, they come in two parts.

The urine test is for Chylmidia and Gonorrhea and the blood test is for HIV and Syphilis."

Ok thanks for info...I think the tests are for a few more STIs though than the 4 you mentioned...HPV & Herpes also...are there any other STIs??? I think so

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

d"

I’ve been doing home checks for years through SH:24

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

As others have said blood is also given ... they also offer a photo service to diagnose genital warts and herpes

over a year ago

You tick some boxes on an online questionnaire to show what types of sex you have and it then tells you what tests you need, including blood tests.

over a year ago

is it available nationwide and no age limits? i always thought it was a bit of a postcode lottery from threads on here. i used to use a postal service when i was working down south a few years but i had to pretend to be under 24

its not available in scotland and at the moment we don’t even have a sexual health or contraceptive health service unless in emergencies which given the safety measures that could be in place and we are over a year now i think is a disgrace to be honest.

they offer the option to go in and pick up a self test kit from a clinic if you have symptoms or want free condoms (why not just post them if you are self testing anyway) , but there is no coils or implants being fitted, no smear tests being done, no pills prescribed - its all been pushed back out to gp’s who are also not doing face to face sessions and there doesn’t seem to be any timeline for when services might return

i think the home smear tests are another way of saving money but reducing the quality of the service people receive - you can’t tell me that when a nurse needs stirrups, a speculum and a lamp to get that sample, that people can manage it themselves at home , not to mention some of the check is visually what your cervix looks like

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"is it available nationwide and no age limits? i always thought it was a bit of a postcode lottery from threads on here. i used to use a postal service when i was working down south a few years but i had to pretend to be under 24

its not available in scotland and at the moment we don’t even have a sexual health or contraceptive health service unless in emergencies which given the safety measures that could be in place and we are over a year now i think is a disgrace to be honest.

they offer the option to go in and pick up a self test kit from a clinic if you have symptoms or want free condoms (why not just post them if you are self testing anyway) , but there is no coils or implants being fitted, no smear tests being done, no pills prescribed - its all been pushed back out to gp’s who are also not doing face to face sessions and there doesn’t seem to be any timeline for when services might return

i think the home smear tests are another way of saving money but reducing the quality of the service people receive - you can’t tell me that when a nurse needs stirrups, a speculum and a lamp to get that sample, that people can manage it themselves at home , not to mention some of the check is visually what your cervix looks like "

It is only available in certain areas but she doesn’t matter google sh:24 and it lists the areas .... not sure I can link here

Self smear? That’ll be a no from me I’m sure I couldn’t get up high enough as you say the spot light speculum and rummaging tells me it’s not simple.

By * N GCouple
over a year ago

leeds

Hi male of couple here iam worried I had a blowjob off a random women is there much chance I could get a Sti from that?

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"Hi male of couple here iam worried I had a blowjob off a random women is there much chance I could get a Sti from that?"

Yup.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"Hi male of couple here iam worried I had a blowjob off a random women is there much chance I could get a Sti from that?"

Well firstly it’s lockdown so I would assume this was some time ago. If you had symptoms then you would know by now

By * N GCouple
over a year ago

leeds

Thanks hopefully got away with it don't want to sound thick but what are the symptoms

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"

Thanks hopefully got away with it don't want to sound thick but what are the symptoms "

Google is your friend x

over a year ago

"is it available nationwide and no age limits? i always thought it was a bit of a postcode lottery from threads on here. i used to use a postal service when i was working down south a few years but i had to pretend to be under 24

i think the home smear tests are another way of saving money but reducing the quality of the service people receive - you can’t tell me that when a nurse needs stirrups, a speculum and a lamp to get that sample, that people can manage it themselves at home , not to mention some of the check is visually what your cervix looks like "

My area never offered them and I used to pay for a commercial post check as I didn’t want to use the GUM clinic as the tests offered to over 25’s were too limited. However in lockdown if you didn’t have symptoms they brought in the free postal tests. Received pack next day and results by text from my local hospital in 3 days. Excellent service and I hope they continue offering them.

over a year ago

Shl London you can get tests condoms pregnancy tests morning after pills and contraception they have expanded recently i hope this continues its a great service and saved a day out at the gum

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"

Thanks hopefully got away with it don't want to sound thick but what are the symptoms "

Got away wih it? That's an appalling attitude towards sexual health, get testd to protect you and your partner.

While you've got Google open, read about sexual health and how to take responsibility for it.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"You've been able to get them for years "

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

It has changed since my last one. They now only look for HPV, if no sign of that they don’t look at other cell changes. It’s best to read up, make yourselves aware and f any possible symptoms and any unusual changes in yourself.

over a year ago

In our Borough it has only just become available through SH.24 this month. Before this you were looking at a 5-6 week wait for an appointment at the GUM clinic.

It's a fantastic idea and makes access to testing so much easier and more discreet. We haven't had sexual contact with anyone else since the first lockdown, however my thinking was if we use the service it may continue to get funding. We will be testing regularly.

C

over a year ago

i think the home smear tests are another way of saving money but reducing the quality of the service people receive - you can’t tell me that when a nurse needs stirrups, a speculum and a lamp to get that sample, that people can manage it themselves at home , not to mention some of the check is visually what your cervix looks like

It has changed since my last one. They now only look for HPV, if no sign of that they don’t look at other cell changes. It’s best to read up, make yourselves aware and f any possible symptoms and any unusual changes in yourself. "

as someone who has had cells removed multiple times i think they have jumped ahead here - sure we have the younger generation mostly vaccinated against hpv so as long ad there is regular testing showing the vaccine had worked and they women don’t have hpv that works for their generation

but from my age (perhaps even younger but definitely older) we didn’t get that protection

we are not immune to hpv and if we catch it , over time our bodies can fight it off - but the damage can have already started while you had the virus before it cleared, then you get a swab that says no virus , but nobody has checked for the pre cancerous / now cancerous cells changes

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Solent NHS do this, free for any age. Swab and blood test, syphilis, HIV, gonorrhea and Chlamydia.

They also send out free condoms.

It isn't a smear test they're trialling, it's to detect hpv, there's a difference.

over a year ago

"Solent NHS do this, free for any age. Swab and blood test, syphilis, HIV, gonorrhea and Chlamydia.

It isn't a smear test they're trialling, it's to detect hpv, there's a difference."

it was definitely in the media that it was a smear test, but then it wouldn’t surpise me that the media have glossed over the truth of the story

interestingly none of these home tests and not even the in person tests the last time i went for any (pre lockdown) test for trichomoniasis but google says it is one of the most common stds globally , i wonder if the rates are just so high in america that it gets that title without being an issue in the uk

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

"you can now get an sti home testing kit.. its like they know people will still want to fuck despite pandemic.. discuss

d"

Not where we live unfortunately.

We have to book in between work shifts at our local clinic.

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

d

We have to book in between work shifts at our local clinic."

I pay for mine for that reason, rather the peace of mind x

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Solent NHS do this, free for any age. Swab and blood test, syphilis, HIV, gonorrhea and Chlamydia.

It isn't a smear test they're trialling, it's to detect hpv, there's a difference.

it was definitely in the media that it was a smear test, but then it wouldn’t surpise me that the media have glossed over the truth of the story

interestingly none of these home tests and not even the in person tests the last time i went for any (pre lockdown) test for trichomoniasis but google says it is one of the most common stds globally , i wonder if the rates are just so high in america that it gets that title without being an issue in the uk "

Yes, the media... They never quite get it right.

I had to Google that sti! Never heard of it!

over a year ago

interestingly none of these home tests and not even the in person tests the last time i went for any (pre lockdown) test for trichomoniasis but google says it is one of the most common stds globally , i wonder if the rates are just so high in america that it gets that title without being an issue in the uk

Yes, the media... They never quite get it right.

I had to Google that sti! Never heard of it!"

it was on one or these sun sea sex shows i first heard of it years ago where they were testing lots of people in like a malia medical centre or something , and since then ive always wondered when they would start checking for it here given those types of resorts are normally hoaching with young brits all summer

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

It has changed since my last one. They now only look for HPV, if no sign of that they don’t look at other cell changes. It’s best to read up, make yourselves aware and f any possible symptoms and any unusual changes in yourself.

as someone who has had cells removed multiple times i think they have jumped ahead here - sure we have the younger generation mostly vaccinated against hpv so as long ad there is regular testing showing the vaccine had worked and they women don’t have hpv that works for their generation

but from my age (perhaps even younger but definitely older) we didn’t get that protection

we are not immune to hpv and if we catch it , over time our bodies can fight it off - but the damage can have already started while you had the virus before it cleared, then you get a swab that says no virus , but nobody has checked for the pre cancerous / now cancerous cells changes "

I agree and was surprised when told that at my last check. As someone who has lost 3/4 of their cervix due to C4 cells, HPV isn’t the only reason and so many who are still entitled to smear tests aren’t protected against it. My symptoms that I pushed to get checked out weren’t deemed a symptom by one gynaecologist and dismissed until I went private and they did the colposcopy as I knew something wasn’t right.

over a year ago

we are not immune to hpv and if we catch it , over time our bodies can fight it off - but the damage can have already started while you had the virus before it cleared, then you get a swab that says no virus , but nobody has checked for the pre cancerous / now cancerous cells changes

I agree and was surprised when told that at my last check. As someone who has lost 3/4 of their cervix due to C4 cells, HPV isn’t the only reason and so many who are still entitled to smear tests aren’t protected against it. My symptoms that I pushed to get checked out weren’t deemed a symptom by one gynaecologist and dismissed until I went private and they did the colposcopy as I knew something wasn’t right."

its really quite worrying , i went away and had a google after reading your post - most cases of hpv are cleared from the body within 2 years but for people not like us who have had colposcopy their smear timeline is every 3-5 years

its not just possible for any hpv you had to be gone by your next test, its highly likely

i really can understand for the next generation coming up where the chance of them getting hpv is already much much lower due to the vaccine , but i think the switch has happened far too soon

By *andi_kinkygramTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

d

We have to book in between work shifts at our local clinic."

If SH24 isn't available there is the option to use fettle, which I believe is the same service but with fees.

TC

Cx

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

You need to drink plenty of water beforehand. Water thins the blood out allowing it to be easily collected

This or soak your hand in warm water - does the trick every time "

found best to any finger other than my pinky tbh.

in Scotland all sex health services are shut unless you have symptoms, the only tests available are paid for, the one I used refused to offer a throat swab which I thought ridiculous and told them so & why I thought that, other than that a good very quick service.

By *uzie69xTV/TS
over a year ago

Maidstone

"Ignorance is bliss they say!"

Errr no... Try deadly if it's HIV...

Post new Message to Thread