Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Brazil

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is the new variations of covid, that's spreading through Brazil,a worry for the rest of the world?

Personally I think we are up shit creek

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"Is the new variations of covid, that's spreading through Brazil,a worry for the rest of the world?

Personally I think we are up shit creek "

Worringly this variant has been found in various other countries, including Canada and Turkey.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Its so sad this is what happens when you have an anti lockdown president...

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Aside from the fact that the vaccines rollout worldwide is progressing rather slowly, what particarly concerns me in Brazil is the isolated Amazon tribes who have little immunity to external diseases, and are resistant to external human contact, including vaccination.

If one of the variants manages to infect even a single member of the tribe it would be disastrous; after First Contact with American native peoples (First Nations) indigenous suffered massive population losses from various poxes, to which they had no immunity.

Regrettably, we could be heading towards a repetition in the coming decades with Covid-19 and the inevitable mutations/variants.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"Is the new variations of covid, that's spreading through Brazil,a worry for the rest of the world?

Try to be positive

By *JCouple
over a year ago

Teesside

Most of the planet is up shit creek but the UK still has a paddle.

The Brazil P1 Covid19 variant is proving more deadly and effects younger people. Whilst in very small isolated numbers its already reached the UK.

The positive is that the vaccines still protect against it so far. However apparently those who have had standard covid can be reinfected by the P1 variant much easier. This last week the P1 variant is surfing across Canada as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/01/covid-19-coronavirus-variants-vaccines-us

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n879

KJ

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

"Aside from the fact that the vaccines rollout worldwide is progressing rather slowly, what particarly concerns me in Brazil is the isolated Amazon tribes who have little immunity to external diseases, and are resistant to external human contact, including vaccination.

If one of the variants manages to infect even a single member of the tribe it would be disastrous; after First Contact with American native peoples (First Nations) indigenous suffered massive population losses from various poxes, to which they had no immunity.

Regrettably, we could be heading towards a repetition in the coming decades with Covid-19 and the inevitable mutations/variants."

That would be beneficial for big business.

By *orty-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Leyland

You'd make a great BBC correspondent.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS
over a year ago

Whitstable

Boris looks exceptionally competent compared to Bolsonaro.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Boris looks exceptionally competent compared to Bolsonaro."

Not especially I think

By *elinecdTV/TS
over a year ago

Nr Blackburn

You'd make a great BBC correspondent. "

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Come back to me mid September

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Ah personal opinion and speculation.

You can't beat fab for up to the minute concise information

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Emerging variants have been factored into the vaccination programme. They are able to update them fairly quickly. We should expect regular boosters and immigration restrictions.

And more pressure should be put onto Presidents etc that are a danger to their people and the world

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Ah personal opinion and speculation.

You can't beat fab for up to the minute concise information "

An opinion or speculation is not against forum rules, bitching about peoples posts is though

Please just accept others are allowed to post differently than you and ignore the posts if you feel the need to attack

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

What's Portuguese for "up shit creek without a paddle"?

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

What's Portuguese for "up shit creek without a paddle"?"

Jair Bolsonaro

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Jair Bolsonaro "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Jair Bolsonaro "

By *portyndNaughtyMan
over a year ago

Nearby Hinckley

Nigeria and India also reported being in a similar situation as Brazil.

over a year ago

Jair Bolsonaro "

His wife is stunning

By *usybee73Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

How does it compare to Peru who did lockdown? ...

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"How does it compare to Peru who did lockdown? ..."

The Brazilian variant P1 is the one that is basically now running rampant thru all of South America because of the lack of containment done in Brazil

By *usybee73Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

"How does it compare to Peru who did lockdown? ...

The Brazilian variant P1 is the one that is basically now running rampant thru all of South America because of the lack of containment done in Brazil "

Bit like the Kent one going through lockdown Europe...

over a year ago

What i dont understand is why australia and nz are doing so well compared to the western world what are they doing differently to us cos i watched nrl this season stadiums are packed out

over a year ago

North West

"What i dont understand is why australia and nz are doing so well compared to the western world what are they doing differently to us cos i watched nrl this season stadiums are packed out"

Shut borders completely. Mandatory hotel quarantine for anyone who was allowed in, lockdowns if even a few infections sprang up. That sort of thing.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"What i dont understand is why australia and nz are doing so well compared to the western world what are they doing differently to us cos i watched nrl this season stadiums are packed out

Shut borders completely. Mandatory hotel quarantine for anyone who was allowed in, lockdowns if even a few infections sprang up. That sort of thing."

Proactive not reactive

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

Brazil reported last night that they are concerned about the vaccine they have been using is ineffective, they are trying to find out why.

By *uttyjonnMan
over a year ago

cheshire

And yet deaths per population are still below numerous European countries, including the UK

Yes I know you can't compare......

over a year ago

North West

"Brazil reported last night that they are concerned about the vaccine they have been using is ineffective, they are trying to find out why. "

Is it the Sinovac one, by any chance?

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Brazil reported last night that they are concerned about the vaccine they have been using is ineffective, they are trying to find out why.

Is it the Sinovac one, by any chance?"

Think so yes, they're saying some batches have an efficacy level of 54% which is apparently just over the required threshold..

Although China have said they should return any batches in that area..

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

china,s head of infectious diseases dr gau fu let slip that the Chinese vaccine was not very good brfore retracting the statement and saying he was mis understood apparently.make of that what you want.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"china,s head of infectious diseases dr gau fu let slip that the Chinese vaccine was not very good brfore retracting the statement and saying he was mis understood apparently.make of that what you want."

Last seen on his way to be re educated..

over a year ago

Apparently the sinovac vaccine has an efficacy of 56% 2 weeks after receiving the second injection this drops to 3% efficacy 2 weeks after the first injection..

This appears to be the reason behind the surge in cases in Chile because at best 38% of the population with 2 jabs only have 56% protection. 23% have had 1 jab and have the alleged 3% protection.

over a year ago

North West

"Apparently the sinovac vaccine has an efficacy of 56% 2 weeks after receiving the second injection this drops to 3% efficacy 2 weeks after the first injection..

This appears to be the reason behind the surge in cases in Chile because at best 38% of the population with 2 jabs only have 56% protection. 23% have had 1 jab and have the alleged 3% protection."

Yes I realise this is behind the issues in Chile, at least partly. Do you mind me asking for a source for the 3% efficacy bit? I've read varying bits of data on Sinovac's efficacy.

over a year ago

"Apparently the sinovac vaccine has an efficacy of 56% 2 weeks after receiving the second injection this drops to 3% efficacy 2 weeks after the first injection..

This appears to be the reason behind the surge in cases in Chile because at best 38% of the population with 2 jabs only have 56% protection. 23% have had 1 jab and have the alleged 3% protection.

Yes I realise this is behind the issues in Chile, at least partly. Do you mind me asking for a source for the 3% efficacy bit? I've read varying bits of data on Sinovac's efficacy."

It was reported in an article in the Financial Times.

over a year ago

North West

Yes I realise this is behind the issues in Chile, at least partly. Do you mind me asking for a source for the 3% efficacy bit? I've read varying bits of data on Sinovac's efficacy.

It was reported in an article in the Financial Times."

Thanks

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

[Removed by poster at 13/04/21 13:20:30]

Post new Message to Thread