Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Shocked

Jump to newest

By *portyndNaughty OP   Man
over a year ago

Nearby Hinckley

I have seen few posts on social media where people are going mad with some of the new rules. No social distancing, no masks some sort of concert in Manchester. Really? Recipe for disaster. Yes we are all tired and fed up of this virus but it is still very active and killing. The lack of respect and solidarity is staggering

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aughtycp1Couple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

We totally agree. There is no respect anymore x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Thank god for the fab forum. If it wasn’t for the numerous threads about people mixing outdoors I’d never know.

over a year ago

the thing in Manchester was just a crowd of people gathering in Castlefield bowl.. its like the old pop up raves from 1989 are back.. People are struggling i think and at end of tethers particularly the young

over a year ago

Freedom is a distant memory.

over a year ago

The same young people will be the ones moaning in 10 to 15 yrs time bout how Covid fucked us all and left us wearing masks for years.to come. Selfish pricks..

We are all bored of it and want to be free of it. Not just the young!!! These are the same young who when Press conferences displaying Scientific data are on are too busy playing Call of Duty.

over a year ago

"Freedom is a distant memory."

Its not about Freedom its about being rid of this Virus. Our Grandparents lived through the bloody Blitz and rationing, strikes, 4 day weeks.. we are moaning about wearing a bloody mask..

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

Oh fgs ... wear a mask ..... seriously we are hardly losing freedoms. Get a grip

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"Thank god for the fab forum. If it wasn’t for the numerous threads about people mixing outdoors I’d never know."

Hahaha I’ve not seen any either we must be sensible down here lol

By *exxxesCouple
over a year ago

Newbury / London

What staggered us was the rubbish; across the country it seems not one bloody bin used! We do wonder how many of those responsible also protest to protect the planet...

over a year ago

Our people fought and died for freedom just so our own government can take it away? Lies, misinformation and business interests have allowed the situation to get so bad. The lockdown was a half ass attempt to slow the virus. My whole family has had it, it's not that bad unless you are already old and sick.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"I have seen few posts on social media where people are going mad with some of the new rules. No social distancing, no masks some sort of concert in Manchester. Really? Recipe for disaster. Yes we are all tired and fed up of this virus but it is still very active and killing. The lack of respect and solidarity is staggering "
Agree 100% but little can be done in a demorcratic country like the UK,it is the price of democracy ultimately the vaccine is the only way out

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

"The same young people will be the ones moaning in 10 to 15 yrs time bout how Covid fucked us all and left us wearing masks for years.to come. Selfish pricks..

We are all bored of it and want to be free of it. Not just the young!!! These are the same young who when Press conferences displaying Scientific data are on are too busy playing Call of Duty. "

You meen the young who have no idea wen they gona get a jab them young.i 49 nxt month but seems as they have halted invites for a month now no idea wen i getting mine so i imagine if your in ya 20s you will be thinking fuck this bollocks.i know i would be if i was that young

over a year ago

"Freedom is a distant memory.

Oh fgs ... wear a mask ..... seriously we are hardly losing freedoms. Get a grip "

over a year ago

"Our people fought and died for freedom just so our own government can take it away? Lies, misinformation and business interests have allowed the situation to get so bad. The lockdown was a half ass attempt to slow the virus. My whole family has had it, it's not that bad unless you are already old and sick. "

I think 120,000+ people would disagree with you if they still could...

over a year ago

"Our people fought and died for freedom just so our own government can take it away? Lies, misinformation and business interests have allowed the situation to get so bad. The lockdown was a half ass attempt to slow the virus. My whole family has had it, it's not that bad unless you are already old and sick. "

And Fred West was really innocent n misunderstood!!! there is no rythme or reason to why covid causes death, some with underlying issues yes, others no

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

Unless you're not already old and sick and the virus still kills you or leaves you permanently disabled.

So there's that.

over a year ago

Oh no there's a chance we could die. That's life, we don't live forever. Driving to work could get you killed. Oh I forgot who has a job these days?

over a year ago

"Oh no there's a chance we could die. That's life, we don't live forever. Driving to work could get you killed. Oh I forgot who has a job these days?"

Get a grip

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"The same young people will be the ones moaning in 10 to 15 yrs time bout how Covid fucked us all and left us wearing masks for years.to come. Selfish pricks..

We are all bored of it and want to be free of it. Not just the young!!! These are the same young who when Press conferences displaying Scientific data are on are too busy playing Call of Duty. "

It isn’t just young people. People of all ages and backgrounds have been breaking the rules throughout the whole thing.

over a year ago

What's your point? Get a grip on what? Am I not PC enough for you? Dislike when someone speaks their mind?

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

You are wrong.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

We are all bored of it and want to be free of it. Not just the young!!! These are the same young who when Press conferences displaying Scientific data are on are too busy playing Call of Duty.

You meen the young who have no idea wen they gona get a jab them young.i 49 nxt month but seems as they have halted invites for a month now no idea wen i getting mine so i imagine if your in ya 20s you will be thinking fuck this bollocks.i know i would be if i was that young"

Isnt that a good enough reason to remain cautious,maintain social distancing ?i have had my jab yet im not one of the hoards meeting up.

All ages have been affected ffs not just the young.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"What staggered us was the rubbish; across the country it seems not one bloody bin used! We do wonder how many of those responsible also protest to protect the planet..."

I agree. The Concept of taking your rubbish home with you seems completely lost... Along with the Costa coffee cups, the dog shit that owners leave either on the path or swinging from a branch in an adjacent bush.

Having said that, and it in no way excuses it... But the local authorities, the ones we all pay such high council taxes too... Might consider emptying some of the handful of public bins they leave around more than once a quarter.

over a year ago

" What's your point? Get a grip on what? Am I not PC enough for you? Dislike when someone speaks their mind?"

I dont give 2 F**ks about pc, when you compare death of covid to car accidents, wtf, and talking about loss of freedom, exactly what freedom have you lost, you have all your constitutional rights, you still have freedom of movement..

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"the thing in Manchester was just a crowd of people gathering in Castlefield bowl.. its like the old pop up raves from 1989 are back.. People are struggling i think and at end of tethers particularly the young "

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Who fought and died for freedom exactly?

over a year ago

" What's your point? Get a grip on what? Am I not PC enough for you? Dislike when someone speaks their mind?

I dont give 2 F**ks about pc, when you compare death of covid to car accidents, wtf, and talking about loss of freedom, exactly what freedom have you lost, you have all your constitutional rights, you still have freedom of movement.. "

If you choose to move around

over a year ago

freedom of speech baby! I can compare covid to car crashes because why not? The stats are fudged, the government is inept and many people are happily endorsing it.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Oh fgs ... wear a mask ..... seriously we are hardly losing freedoms. Get a grip "

You are right.

We have lost them already.

over a year ago

"freedom of speech baby! I can compare covid to car crashes because why not? The stats are fudged, the government is inept and many people are happily endorsing it. "

Have a good day baby, don't forget to mask up and sanitise

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"Oh no there's a chance we could die. That's life, we don't live forever. Driving to work could get you killed. Oh I forgot who has a job these days?"

When you drive you wear a seatbelt to minimise the risk ... you drive the right side of the road.. stop at lights and junctions all these things to minimise the risk. Masks and social distancing are no different.

My 28 year old friend died last week of covid no underlying health conditions your arrogance is astounding.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Oh fgs ... wear a mask ..... seriously we are hardly losing freedoms. Get a grip

You are right.

"

I'm genuinely interested in what freedoms you think have been lost .

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Oh no there's a chance we could die. That's life, we don't live forever. Driving to work could get you killed. Oh I forgot who has a job these days?

When you drive you wear a seatbelt to minimise the risk ... you drive the right side of the road.. stop at lights and junctions all these things to minimise the risk. Masks and social distancing are no different.

My 28 year old friend died last week of covid no underlying health conditions your arrogance is astounding. "

Totally agree with your post ...so sorry for your loss x

over a year ago

It's like an echo chamber in here. Just shows that people still die because the lockdown never was and never will be effective. I worked in China when this started and they did a proper lockdown and now they have very few cases and life is almost normal there.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Tbf I'm no conspiracy theorist but this new police act is more than a little concerning.

Whether that is related to covid or they are just trying to bring it in under the radar,but it is quite worrying.

10 years for defacing a statue for eg.

over a year ago

"What staggered us was the rubbish; across the country it seems not one bloody bin used! We do wonder how many of those responsible also protest to protect the planet..."

over a year ago

Complete and utter bollocks! You want to see what Lies, misinformation and business interests feel like go try living in Myanmar, Hong Kong or any of the other oppressed countries and see what they are having to live through! But don't even try to compare that with what we're doing to try and get some normality back in our lives.

over a year ago

You speak complete and utter bollocks too so it's all good

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"freedom of speech baby! I can compare covid to car crashes because why not? The stats are fudged, the government is inept and many people are happily endorsing it. "

I think many people are just trying to do what's needed to get us through this and out the other side. And we will get their faster if some people took a bit more responsibility. I think the freedoms comment is a bit of hyperbole. The freedoms that most of our grandparents fought for were to repel the nazis from France, Netherlands, Belgium, Greece, Germany and Russia so their citizens were safe from their invaders. From Jews gays and gypseys being slaughtered in concentration camps. I'm not sure how wearing a face mask and being asked to modify our behaviours so that we manage our way through a global pandemic equates.

By *nked_kittenWoman
over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

"It's like an echo chamber in here. Just shows that people still die because the lockdown never was and never will be effective. I worked in China when this started and they did a proper lockdown and now they have very few cases and life is almost normal there. "

In one reply you say that lockdowns are not effective and at the same time that they work.

Which is it?

over a year ago

"It's like an echo chamber in here. Just shows that people still die because the lockdown never was and never will be effective. I worked in China when this started and they did a proper lockdown and now they have very few cases and life is almost normal there. "

Because China are completely open and transparent with their numbers

over a year ago

I speak regularly to people still living in China. The bars and restaurants are open and life is basically normal. Don't forget they went through this with SARS so they have experience.

over a year ago

"It's like an echo chamber in here. Just shows that people still die because the lockdown never was and never will be effective. I worked in China when this started and they did a proper lockdown and now they have very few cases and life is almost normal there.

In one reply you say that lockdowns are not effective and at the same time that they work.

Which is it? "

the ops on the fence me thinks with effectiveness or non effectiveness of lockdown

over a year ago

"I speak regularly to people still living in China. The bars and restaurants are open and life is basically normal. Don't forget they went through this with SARS so they have experience. "

Yes, they know how to use a mask!

over a year ago

The lockdown in the UK is ineffective I didn't say the general notion of a lockdown is flawed.

over a year ago

"The lockdown in the UK is ineffective I didn't say the general notion of a lockdown is flawed. "

Why has the lockdown in The UK been less effective, cuz ppl haven't respected it, like they did in China, plus China effected martial law during it go figure who is to blame for it being flawed

over a year ago

Really? I didn't know that you had all the facts and figures. The lockdown didn't even restrict travel for months so I think you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

over a year ago

Oh so you was in China while this martial law was in effect? Strange I never seen or heard anything like that.

over a year ago

"Really? I didn't know that you had all the facts and figures. The lockdown didn't even restrict travel for months so I think you don't have a clue what you're talking about. "

A lockdown not restricting travelling aint a lockdown its normal lol

over a year ago

"Oh so you was in China while this martial law was in effect? Strange I never seen or heard anything like that. "

Confucius say 'when you're in a hole, it's best to stop digging'

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

You are right.

I'm genuinely interested in what freedoms you think have been lost ."

Do I really need to make a list?

--

The reality is that in the belief it was for the greater good the people of the UK surrender their rights of movement and some of their basic liberties. The result of these sacrifices is debatable as the concern is that now we have closed everything and restricted everything and stalled the economy the government and the scientists do not seem able to find a way to reopen, restart and normalise again. This is without mentioning the implications of "vaccine passports" etc if such things come into being.

over a year ago

i just see a lot of people talking as if they are epidemiologists and experts on world affairs. Pardon my scepticism but I'm guessing most barely know what lies outside of our little islands.

over a year ago

"Oh so you was in China while this martial law was in effect? Strange I never seen or heard anything like that. "

https://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ani/china-declares-martial-law-in-baoding-over-new-covid-19-cluster-detected-at-beijing-market-120061500403_1.html

Just a little link i suggest you read, but then again you were in China, I've never been and know about them implementing martial law

over a year ago

"i just see a lot of people talking as if they are epidemiologists and experts on world affairs. Pardon my scepticism but I'm guessing most barely know what lies outside of our little islands. "
Now just being rude n offensive

over a year ago

Plenty of replies to me have been rude so I just don't care anymore. I lived and worked in China for nearly 5 years. Didn't see any military lockdown where I was not have my friends since.

over a year ago

"Plenty of replies to me have been rude so I just don't care anymore. I lived and worked in China for nearly 5 years. Didn't see any military lockdown where I was not have my friends since. "

Not getting the replies you hoped for Op strange how a public forum works

over a year ago

Just because your family were not that bad doesnt mean its not deadly. Try telling that to the family of the healthy teacher at my daughters school.

Get off your blame the Government high horse. Blame the idiots refusing to wear masks, blame the idiots still meeting up in large groups, blame those attending the marches..

over a year ago

I'm not the OP and I don't expect everyone to just agree with me.

over a year ago

Not everyone knows they are sick .. covid doesn’t choose .. your family are very lucky not to have been ill .. let’s hope in the months to come .. it hasn’t affected any of their vital organs ... I now have severe heart failure caused by covid .. I was not I’ll , but 5 months later WOW...

over a year ago

I'll blame the government because I'm free to do so. Your comments are just copy paste. Try coming up with your own ideas, do your own research and maybe you will sto being so ignorant.

over a year ago

I never claimed that covid wasn't dangerous. I don't like hearing stories of people dying or getting long term conditions but that doesn't mean everyone has to have their life ruined. People commit suicide because of this bullshit but no one cares about that?

over a year ago

"I never claimed that covid wasn't dangerous. I don't like hearing stories of people dying or getting long term conditions but that doesn't mean everyone has to have their life ruined. People commit suicide because of this bullshit but no one cares about that? "

Now you claimed sick or elderly...

and yes we just had my 18 year old daughters best friend take his life ........

Another friend of hers has lost their mum to covid age 42 .. no sick or old

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Our people fought and died for freedom just so our own government can take it away? Lies, misinformation and business interests have allowed the situation to get so bad. The lockdown was a half ass attempt to slow the virus. My whole family has had it, it's not that bad unless you are already old and sick.

Just because your family were not that bad doesnt mean its not deadly. Try telling that to the family of the healthy teacher at my daughters school.

Get off your blame the Government high horse. Blame the idiots refusing to wear masks, blame the idiots still meeting up in large groups, blame those attending the marches.. "

Yep lets not blame the pm who tried to ignore it and then specially ignored scientists who told him not to shake hands with covid patients.

over a year ago

People are quick to blame each other when the government was obviously ignoring warnings and not protecting our country. I wish I had never came back. It's such a shame what a mess the UK has become.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

You are right.

--

The reality is that in the belief it was for the greater good the people of the UK surrender their rights of movement and some of their basic liberties. The result of these sacrifices is debatable as the concern is that now we have closed everything and restricted everything and stalled the economy the government and the scientists do not seem able to find a way to reopen, restart and normalise again. This is without mentioning the implications of "vaccine passports" etc if such things come into being."

I agree with vaccine passports.

over a year ago

Disgusted by the cowardly behaviour. It's such a shame we lost our will to live full lives somewhere along the line.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Disgusted by the cowardly behaviour. It's such a shame we lost our will to live full lives somewhere along the line. "

Reply + quote please

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

The UK doesn't have freedom of speech only freedom of expression to which can be resticted under law.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"Disgusted by the cowardly behaviour. It's such a shame we lost our will to live full lives somewhere along the line. "

Living full lives = having no social conscious and thinking your right to pubs and casual sex comes before people’s actual lives

over a year ago

You don't know nothing about my life. You just assume I want to go pubs and get laid. No. I want to go back to work. Then I'll go to the pub and get laid.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Tell that to the families of the 125,000 who have died. Lockdown may have been half assessed but without any intervention we would have seen at least another 125,000 deaths

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"People are quick to blame each other when the government was obviously ignoring warnings and not protecting our country. I wish I had never came back. It's such a shame what a mess the UK has become. "

Well don’t let the boarder doors hit you on the way back out

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

You are right.

--

The reality is that in the belief it was for the greater good the people of the UK surrender their rights of movement and some of their basic liberties. The result of these sacrifices is debatable as the concern is that now we have closed everything and restricted everything and stalled the economy the government and the scientists do not seem able to find a way to reopen, restart and normalise again. This is without mentioning the implications of "vaccine passports" etc if such things come into being."

Vaccine certificates have existed for decades. It's not a new concept.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

You are right.

--

The reality is that in the belief it was for the greater good the people of the UK surrender their rights of movement and some of their basic liberties. The result of these sacrifices is debatable as the concern is that now we have closed everything and restricted everything and stalled the economy the government and the scientists do not seem able to find a way to reopen, restart and normalise again. This is without mentioning the implications of "vaccine passports" etc if such things come into being.

I agree with vaccine passports. "

That's your right to do so.

People have a right to be concerned about the implications of such measures also

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"i just see a lot of people talking as if they are epidemiologists and experts on world affairs. Pardon my scepticism but I'm guessing most barely know what lies outside of our little islands. "

Now you might be onto something there.

over a year ago

"the thing in Manchester was just a crowd of people gathering in Castlefield bowl.. its like the old pop up raves from 1989 are back.. People are struggling i think and at end of tethers particularly the young "

“people are struggling” - yes i agree , but a pop up rave for your mental health , nah not buying it

in a society where we have instant gratification for pretty much anything at the touch of a button, some people really haven’t developed any personal resilience skills

over a year ago

You meen the young who have no idea wen they gona get a jab them young.i 49 nxt month but seems as they have halted invites for a month now no idea wen i getting mine so i imagine if your in ya 20s you will be thinking fuck this bollocks.i know i would be if i was that young"

and yet the govt haven’t announced a change to the target of offering everyone by the summer, or changes to the timeline for opening up yet - so it seems like they do have an idea of when they will get it and an idea of when they will have more freedoms - only it highly probable their own behaviour will make the situation worse and push those dates back - oh the irony

over a year ago

Thought you were going back to a beach to have a laugh at the rest of us and as you said you wished you’d never left China ???? I assumed that’s were you’d go

over a year ago

You meen the young who have no idea wen they gona get a jab them young.i 49 nxt month but seems as they have halted invites for a month now no idea wen i getting mine so i imagine if your in ya 20s you will be thinking fuck this bollocks.i know i would be if i was that young

and yet the govt haven’t announced a change to the target of offering everyone by the summer, or changes to the timeline for opening up yet - so it seems like they do have an idea of when they will get it and an idea of when they will have more freedoms - only it highly probable their own behaviour will make the situation worse and push those dates back - oh the irony "

Thats the most frustrating part. The very people callimg for lockdown to be lifted are the very ones prolonging it by not sticking to the rules.

over a year ago

"The lockdown in the UK is ineffective I didn't say the general notion of a lockdown is flawed.

Why has the lockdown in The UK been less effective, cuz ppl haven't respected it, like they did in China, plus China effected martial law during it go figure who is to blame for it being flawed "

but hey, our freedoms are being removed dont you know

what we should have done was something like china .... oh wait

over a year ago

"I'll blame the government because I'm free to do so. Your comments are just copy paste. Try coming up with your own ideas, do your own research and maybe you will sto being so ignorant. "

well at least he is consistent with his advice vs what he does

“make up your own ideas”

By *oistknickersCouple
over a year ago

London

Down with this sort of thing!!

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"The lockdown in the UK is ineffective I didn't say the general notion of a lockdown is flawed.

Why has the lockdown in The UK been less effective, cuz ppl haven't respected it, like they did in China, plus China effected martial law during it go figure who is to blame for it being flawed

what we should have done was something like china .... oh wait "

I suspect the point was China had an effective lockdown worthy of the word lockdown. Which ironically removed freedoms considerably more. But it was relatively Short,more effective, enforced hard, then got back to "normality"... Rather than death by 1000 cuts. Our lockdown by contrast has been more of a " mildly inconvenience people down" which the poster makes a fair point about.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Down with this sort of thing!!"

I've heard you're a racist now Ted!

over a year ago

I suspect the point was China had an effective lockdown worthy of the word lockdown. Which ironically removed freedoms considerably more. But it was relatively Short,more effective, enforced hard, then got back to "normality"... Rather than death by 1000 cuts. Our lockdown by contrast has been more of a " mildly inconvenience people down" which the poster makes a fair point about. "

i understand that , however the same poster has also complained that our freedoms are being removed - you can’t suggest we shouldn’t have a lockdown because we are entitled to our freedoms, on the same thread argue that a stronger lockdown with more restriction of freedoms was a better choice, and not expect for someone to highlight the hypocrisy

to me arguing both opposite points just proves its just every and any excuse to be mad at the government, lash out , blame someone else - wouldn’t matter what action we take if someone wants to find a reason to be mad either way

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I suspect the point was China had an effective lockdown worthy of the word lockdown. Which ironically removed freedoms considerably more. But it was relatively Short,more effective, enforced hard, then got back to "normality"... Rather than death by 1000 cuts. Our lockdown by contrast has been more of a " mildly inconvenience people down" which the poster makes a fair point about.

i understand that , however the same poster has also complained that our freedoms are being removed - you can’t suggest we shouldn’t have a lockdown because we are entitled to our freedoms, on the same thread argue that a stronger lockdown with more restriction of freedoms was a better choice, and not expect for someone to highlight the hypocrisy

to me arguing both opposite points just proves its just every and any excuse to be mad at the government, lash out , blame someone else - wouldn’t matter what action we take if someone wants to find a reason to be mad either way "

Oh yes that's also true...

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

You are right.

--

I agree with vaccine passports.

That's your right to do so.

People have a right to be concerned about the implications of such measures also"

Implications?

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

Isnt that a good enough reason to remain cautious,maintain social distancing ?i have had my jab yet im not one of the hoards meeting up.

All ages have been affected ffs not just the young."

And ive stuck to the rules throughout aswell but seemsas they have halted invites looks like i still gona be waiting for a jab for a while yet luckily you have already had at least one.just think a lot of peeps have forgotten what being an 18-25 yr old is like.pretty sure most on here complaining would be doing exactally the same if they were 21 again

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

and yet the govt haven’t announced a change to the target of offering everyone by the summer, or changes to the timeline for opening up yet - so it seems like they do have an idea of when they will get it and an idea of when they will have more freedoms - only it highly probable their own behaviour will make the situation worse and push those dates back - oh the irony "

Offering it and getting it in peeps arms are two different things.im likley to be offerd it in may but seems as they got 20 odd million to give a 2ndjab to now im guessing it likley to be late june to early july until i actually get jabbed.think about it while invite are on pause all those appointmentswill be filled with peeps getting there 2nd shot.really cant see a load of youngsters binning another summer off while they wait for a jab.making more and more sense now why boris has changed thelaws on protests

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

All ages have been affected ffs not just the young.

And ive stuck to the rules throughout aswell but seemsas they have halted invites looks like i still gona be waiting for a jab for a while yet luckily you have already had at least one.just think a lot of peeps have forgotten what being an 18-25 yr old is like.pretty sure most on here complaining would be doing exactally the same if they were 21 again"

I havent forgotten what it was like to be 21.

I havent forgotten the values my parents installed in me either.

To be considerate of others.

To follow the rules set out by the laws the government set , whether i agree with them or not.

Yes i am thankful i have had my vaccine but that doesnt give me reason to meet in large groups , have a piss up in the local park or think the world owes me a favour!

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"Our people fought and died for freedom just so our own government can take it away? Lies, misinformation and business interests have allowed the situation to get so bad. The lockdown was a half ass attempt to slow the virus. My whole family has had it, it's not that bad unless you are already old and sick.

Tell that to the families of the 125,000 who have died. Lockdown may have been half assessed but without any intervention we would have seen at least another 125,000 deaths "

By *ajobMan
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

and yet the govt haven’t announced a change to the target of offering everyone by the summer, or changes to the timeline for opening up yet - so it seems like they do have an idea of when they will get it and an idea of when they will have more freedoms - only it highly probable their own behaviour will make the situation worse and push those dates back - oh the irony

Offering it and getting it in peeps arms are two different things.im likley to be offerd it in may but seems as they got 20 odd million to give a 2ndjab to now im guessing it likley to be late june to early july until i actually get jabbed.think about it while invite are on pause all those appointmentswill be filled with peeps getting there 2nd shot.really cant see a load of youngsters binning another summer off while they wait for a jab.making more and more sense now why boris has changed thelaws on protests"

Those who have had a 1st jab will gave been given a card with the date/time of that appointment and what vaccine was given and you will have your 2nd jab date on that card so you bring the card back with you for thst 2nd jab for them to fill out and its proof...so i dunno where there gonna stop giving folk there 1st jab as you will have heen given a time and date for your 2nd shot so that wont interfere with other appointments....folk 45-49 are able yo book for a vaccine appointment here from this week(N.I) dont see why you wont be able to book asap if not already

over a year ago

"You don't know nothing about my life. You just assume I want to go pubs and get laid. No. I want to go back to work. Then I'll go to the pub and get laid. "

I bet you wish you'd stayed in China now!

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Offering it and getting it in peeps arms are two different things.im likley to be offerd it in may but seems as they got 20 odd million to give a 2ndjab to now im guessing it likley to be late june to early july until i actually get jabbed.think about it while invite are on pause all those appointmentswill be filled with peeps getting there 2nd shot.really cant see a load of youngsters binning another summer off while they wait for a jab.making more and more sense now why boris has changed thelaws on protests

Those who have had a 1st jab will gave been given a card with the date/time of that appointment and what vaccine was given and you will have your 2nd jab date on that card so you bring the card back with you for thst 2nd jab for them to fill out and its proof...so i dunno where there gonna stop giving folk there 1st jab as you will have heen given a time and date for your 2nd shot so that wont interfere with other appointments....folk 45-49 are able yo book for a vaccine appointment here from this week(N.I) dont see why you wont be able to book asap if not already"

I have had my first jab and was given a card as record but no second appointment date , i know that my area are starting to give the second jab sooner than the 12 week time line so may explain why no date as yet .

over a year ago

"I'm not the OP and I don't expect everyone to just agree with me. "
if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"I'm not the OP and I don't expect everyone to just agree with me. if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen"

Or the country !

over a year ago

"I'm not the OP and I don't expect everyone to just agree with me. if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen

Or the country !"

yeah China

By *igh wide and handsomeMan
over a year ago

Dagenham

Shocked that young people after being locked down for so long enjoyed a bit of freedom, next they'll be shock at bear shitting in woods.

over a year ago

"Shocked that young people after being locked down for so long enjoyed a bit of freedom, next they'll be shock at bear shitting in woods."
just as well we don’t have bears in the uk then

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Shocked that young people after being locked down for so long enjoyed a bit of freedom, next they'll be shock at bear shitting in woods."

Ahhh the poor young people , news report showed one guy hanging off a tree branch ! others having a mass shaking of cans of whatever liquid, no social distancing whatsoever ....if that had been a group of over 50's they would be ridiculed !

over a year ago

Dagenham

"Shocked that young people after being locked down for so long enjoyed a bit of freedom, next they'll be shock at bear shitting in woods.

Ahhh the poor young people , news report showed one guy hanging off a tree branch ! others having a mass shaking of cans of whatever liquid, no social distancing whatsoever ....if that had been a group of over 50's they would be ridiculed ! "

It's what young people do, make silly decisions they sometimes regret. Please let's not pretend to be shocked by it.

over a year ago

Dagenham

"Shocked that young people after being locked down for so long enjoyed a bit of freedom, next they'll be shock at bear shitting in woods.just as well we don’t have bears in the uk then "

I wasn't country specific about the bear having a dump!

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Shocked that young people after being locked down for so long enjoyed a bit of freedom, next they'll be shock at bear shitting in woods.

Ahhh the poor young people , news report showed one guy hanging off a tree branch ! others having a mass shaking of cans of whatever liquid, no social distancing whatsoever ....if that had been a group of over 50's they would be ridiculed !

It's what young people do, make silly decisions they sometimes regret. Please let's not pretend to be shocked by it."

I didnt say i was shocked. I'm disgusted by their behaviour. Its inexcusable. I wont accept that it's what young people do , it's a total lack of disrespect and your dismissive comment isnt acceptable either .

Excusing bad behaviour isnt acceptable to me.

over a year ago

Dagenham

It's what young people do, make silly decisions they sometimes regret. Please let's not pretend to be shocked by it.

I didnt say i was shocked. I'm disgusted by their behaviour. Its inexcusable. I wont accept that it's what young people do , it's a total lack of disrespect and your dismissive comment isnt acceptable either .

Excusing bad behaviour isnt acceptable to me."

I was referring to the name of the thread, and it'll happen wether you accept it or not, I'm not shocked and it's still my comment to make, thanks very much.

over a year ago

I can confirm they shit were ever they please. Woods my porch my driveway and the Deck.

over a year ago

Dagenham

I can confirm they shit were ever they please. Woods my porch my driveway and the Deck. "

And your never shocked by it

over a year ago

I can confirm they shit were ever they please. Woods my porch my driveway and the Deck.

And your never shocked by it "

Nope.

over a year ago

And your never shocked by it

Nope."

Except when there is hair in the poop when you clean it up. Makes you wonder lol.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Just an average day at work for me! X

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Nope! Oldies just as much! X

By *eorge JetsonMan
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

In that case I'm going to compare blue smarties to astro planetary radiation.

Cos that's the same concept as the similarity between covid and car crashes.

over a year ago

By *andy 1Couple
over a year ago

northeast

All ages have been affected ffs not just the young."

over a year ago

I’m sick of people blaming our government for COVID , isn’t COVID world wide ? No one knew how to deal with it , yes they made mistakes but WHO wouldn’t there was no book to read , and as for the poor youngsters who feel locked up , get a bloody life , how would you have coped during the wars ? You don’t see videos of people raving during the wars , what about people in care homes not having any visitors for months, or someone I knew who’s 5 year old daughter was in hospital dying of cancer and he couldn’t see her as he was looking after he’s other daughter, he followed the rules for the sake of everyone in this country, the more people break the rules the longer we will all suffer , it’s not rocket science, wait till they all start moaning about a tougher lockdown 4 , and it’s all there fault

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

" What's your point? Get a grip on what? Am I not PC enough for you? Dislike when someone speaks their mind?"

'Get a grip' is a handy buzz phrase which conveys an air of authority. Based on what authority, exactly, needs making clear to justify giving such an order.

Without such clarification, it just looks disdainful rather than constructive. There are times when total disdain is appropriate but in this instance situations and the opinions surrounding them are not always clear cut.

I have to admit, I admired your plucky response, regardless of the issue!

By *awz of LustWoman
over a year ago

Brighton

Excusing bad behaviour isnt acceptable to me."

you must of been popular in school

By *perfectpair5050Couple
over a year ago

marlbourgh

. Only the Old and sick what a stupid thing to say The reason the last lockdown was a half-hearted attempt was because people are not following the rules in lockdown how can you blame the government for that

By *hadow KingsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I have seen few posts on social media where people are going mad with some of the new rules. No social distancing, no masks some sort of concert in Manchester. Really? Recipe for disaster. Yes we are all tired and fed up of this virus but it is still very active and killing. The lack of respect and solidarity is staggering "

Im from manchester and I dont give a flying fuck about it all. Open everything up, construct wards for infectious shit on hospital wings, yes its real, yes im in the high risk side, dont care. open up

work with people who have had it, come into close contact with people who have had it. been tested fuck all. rather risk it than live under the thumb of boris

By *hadow KingsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Birmingham

At this stage I support peaceful civil disobedience.

Im tired of coppers and security stopping me and asking for basically for my papers. Im tired of stupid regulations. You cant hide forever. If you are going to take the jab take, shut up, get on with your lives. I dont care about the old getting sick, all im seeing is fear from the older generations about their mortality finally catching up to them. You had your time. We can all kick the buck some way. Id rather face it fighting that cowering in my golden cage

but thats just me -- now flame me

over a year ago

One day you will be old and sick. You might give a flipant retort that you want to die when you old and done. What's a selfish prick you are with a blatant disregard for people's lives, wheather they be old or their family who care for them. It is people like you who make this country Shit

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS
over a year ago

Notts

"At this stage I support peaceful civil disobedience.

Im tired of coppers and security stopping me and asking for basically for my papers. Im tired of stupid regulations. You cant hide forever. If you are going to take the jab take, shut up, get on with your lives. I dont care about the old getting sick, all im seeing is fear from the older generations about their mortality finally catching up to them. You had your time. We can all kick the buck some way. Id rather face it fighting that cowering in my golden cage

but thats just me -- now flame me "

oh i do love a tough gangster lol whats that line from 50cent, about how they dont believe in god until their down and bleeding and then they start praying....

By *lamourpussyCouple
over a year ago

Barmouth

If you want to find out about loss of freedom, live in China and post on a few forums about the government being inept!

By *perfectpair5050Couple
over a year ago

marlbourgh

I wonder how he would feel if he was watching one of his parents die from the virus That’s probably the most selfish thing I’ve read on here some people actually give a fuck about others

over a year ago

My 40 year old normally fit and healthy best friend would disagree with you, She cought and we very nearly lost her and she's still struggling nearly 4 months on.

I am in the extremely valuable shielding cartography and court it but I've had worse colds so it just goes to show nobody really knows their risk.

Let's all just hanging there a little bit longer so we can stay out of lockdown and kick this thing to the curb so we can all live much more normal lives.

over a year ago

"Oh no there's a chance we could die. That's life, we don't live forever. Driving to work could get you killed. Oh I forgot who has a job these days?

My 28 year old friend died last week of covid no underlying health conditions your arrogance is astounding. "

Sorry for your loss.

By *rman82Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Good on them! As David Bowie once said “Let all the children boogie!” And he wasn’t often wrong.

By *rman82Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Really. 28 and no underlying health conditions. And it was Covid that was the main cause of death?

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

Really? Woe is me springs to mind.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Excusing bad behaviour isnt acceptable to me. you must of been popular in school "

Your point being ?

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

Amazing some think that they have freedom without responsibility - my youngest is also one of them. When some of these that complain that they have lost freedoms show some responsibility the UK will be a better place.

Soon some will think they can drive as it is their right and don't need to do a compulsory driving test as it is against their rights.

China is a country I am not a fan of, but maybe some of that justice system they use could be real useful here to focus some minds that rights and freedoms come with responsibility.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Amazing some think that they have freedom without responsibility - my youngest is also one of them. When some of these that complain that they have lost freedoms show some responsibility the UK will be a better place.

Soon some will think they can drive as it is their right and don't need to do a compulsory driving test as it is against their rights.

China is a country I am not a fan of, but maybe some of that justice system they use could be real useful here to focus some minds that rights and freedoms come with responsibility.

"

I don't think threatening people with totalitarianism is a way to get them to believe in investing in democracy.

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

Its not about Freedom its about being rid of this Virus. Our Grandparents lived through the bloody Blitz and rationing, strikes, 4 day weeks.. we are moaning about wearing a bloody mask.."

We will never be rid of the virus. Its here to stay.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Its not about Freedom its about being rid of this Virus. Our Grandparents lived through the bloody Blitz and rationing, strikes, 4 day weeks.. we are moaning about wearing a bloody mask..We will never be rid of the virus. Its here to stay. "

Perhaps. But we can get on top of it, rather than going back to the bad old days before vaccination.

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Some people just do not care what happens to them and so they have no interest in others and their well being, just do what you feel is right, no one is going to suddenly turn a person into something they are not.

Twats who drive at 100mph don't give a damn about others, people who drink and drive don't give a damn about others and people who go to raves or demonstrations or whatever the groups label themselves during covid dont give a damn.

just do what you feel you need to do to keep yourselves safe from these immortals !

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS
over a year ago

Notts

"Amazing some think that they have freedom without responsibility - my youngest is also one of them. When some of these that complain that they have lost freedoms show some responsibility the UK will be a better place.

I don't think threatening people with totalitarianism is a way to get them to believe in investing in democracy."

if the carrot dont work its time for the stick..... spare the rod spoil the child.... oh dear! lol

over a year ago

Dagenham

Japan today announced they will dump a million tons of radioactive waste water, into the Pacific Ocean. This shocked me.

A few people mis behaving after a long lockdown didn't

over a year ago

People really need to get some perspective.

Existing isn't living and it's time to bring normality back

By * F 2018Couple
over a year ago

shropshire

Totally agree

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Yes is awful for the young! Really feel for them! Hopefully we can all move forward now us oldies and vulnerable have had their first and many their second jab! X

Post new Message to Thread