Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Gobsmacked

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So my local vaccination clinic announced 32 people failed to turn up for there appointments

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hopefully they managed to get others in to use the jabs and not waste them.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/03/21 21:42:45]

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

We have days where up to 70 don't turn up and have admin staff calling them to chase. No wasted vaccines though as phials only opened as and when needed.

It's disgraceful when so many people are desperate for the jab

By *iss.ddWoman
over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

To just not turn up is a dick move but not every missed appointment can be avoided.

By *tudiousPipWoman
over a year ago

W Yorks

Could also be a system failure. I was told not to go if I'd been told to isolate or had symptoms. Obvs I'd have cancelled if that was the case! But some folk, being generous, may assume the system is in synch. If they get a call telling them to isolate they might assume that the vax team already knows they won't be coming...

By *eorge JetsonMan
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

I offered mine to someone who needed it more.

My GP insisted I get it because of my underlying health issues that put me at severe risk. (Never had a health issue in my life and tne GP surgery "can't" tell me what these health issues are) so at 47 and fitter and healthier than ever I asked them to "donate" mine to someone who needs it more.

over a year ago

"I offered mine to someone who needed it more.

My GP insisted I get it because of my underlying health issues that put me at severe risk. (Never had a health issue in my life and tne GP surgery "can't" tell me what these health issues are) so at 47 and fitter and healthier than ever I asked them to "donate" mine to someone who needs it more. "

The whole point of vaccination is that we ALL need it.

By *xploring_FunWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

32 out of how many though?

32 out of 100 is a lot and suggests a problem locally with appointment letters.

32 out of 10,000 is low and would be easily covered by lost letters and on the day illness.

over a year ago

"32 out of how many though?

32 out of 10,000 is low and would be easily covered by lost letters and on the day illness.

"

I agree 70,000 today in Falkirk and if you had 32 no shoes many reasons could be

Illness

Work

Travel

Panicing about getting it fear and so on people need to stop being so negative and quick to judge others without knowing all the facts.

over a year ago

Whilst that seems a high number its probably less then the number that normally fail to show up to normal medical applications.

I had mine very last minute because I got a phone call from the surgery saying that they had had some no shows and could I come now.

When I got there I asked out of curiosity how many hadn't turned up, they said about 30 but the number of appointments for that day was 900 so actually not a bad ratio.

By *eorge JetsonMan
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

My GP insisted I get it because of my underlying health issues that put me at severe risk. (Never had a health issue in my life and tne GP surgery "can't" tell me what these health issues are) so at 47 and fitter and healthier than ever I asked them to "donate" mine to someone who needs it more.

The whole point of vaccination is that we ALL need it. "

Then when my GP tells me exactly what my underlying health issues are that puts me at high risk THEN I'll have it.

At this moment he can't because he "doesn't have that information" so until then others who need it more can take my place

over a year ago

Then when my GP tells me exactly what my underlying health issues are that puts me at high risk THEN I'll have it.

At this moment he can't because he "doesn't have that information" so until then others who need it more can take my place"

It probably is the correct age group because almost all areas have started on the 40 pluses.

Even if you did have it now your only about week ahead of where you would be so I say just have it.

over a year ago

At this moment he can't because he "doesn't have that information" so until then others who need it more can take my place"

Also all the top 9 priority group's have been done.

By *iercedlotsCouple
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

I (Mr)have just recovered from Corona Virus ,having shown my first symptoms 3 weeks ago. Its like nothing I have ever experienced. People should understand that its just not funny.I now have to wait another month for my first jab . On the flipside mrs Pierced lots showed no symptoms having had her first jab. Its a no brainer. I would have preferred an achy arm.

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"So my local vaccination clinic announced 32 people failed to turn up for there appointments "

32 twats in the locality

By *eorge JetsonMan
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

At this moment he can't because he "doesn't have that information" so until then others who need it more can take my place

It probably is the correct age group because almost all areas have started on the 40 pluses.

Even if you did have it now your only about week ahead of where you would be so I say just have it. "

I fully intend to, it's a necessary step forward to bring normality back.. All my GP needs to do is tell me what the underlying health issues I have are that puts me at high risk level.

Then it's no problem and I'm there to join the normality.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Even if you did have it now your only about week ahead of where you would be so I say just have it.

I fully intend to, it's a necessary step forward to bring normality back.. All my GP needs to do is tell me what the underlying health issues I have are that puts me at high risk level.

Then it's no problem and I'm there to join the normality. "

Does it matter? If they've already dealt with the "underlying health conditions" people (as they have here) then it's not really opening anything for anyone more vulnerable, just taking up the doctor's time looking things up and taking phonecalls that might otherwise be avoided. I'm not entirely sure why I was called for mine. I asked my GP during a consultation about something else and he said just have it, so I did. If you're willing to have it between now and July (when all adults are to be offered the first dose at least) then it seems daft to argue the toss.

By *eorge JetsonMan
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Well actually yes, it rather does matter because someone else seems to know more about my health than me and my own GP who had this information passed on in a very brief manner, so briefly in fact thst he doesn't even know WHAT these issues are, only that I have health problems.

Would you be comfortable knowing someone you don't know who you've never seen or spoken to has information about you that your own GP doesn't?

over a year ago

"Well actually yes, it rather does matter because someone else seems to know more about my health than me and my own GP who had this information passed on in a very brief manner, so briefly in fact thst he doesn't even know WHAT these issues are, only that I have health problems.

Would you be comfortable knowing someone you don't know who you've never seen or spoken to has information about you that your own GP doesn't? "

It's probably just confusion because they have now moved on to the under fifties without underline health conditions so probably a misunderstanding.

over a year ago

North West

"Well actually yes, it rather does matter because someone else seems to know more about my health than me and my own GP who had this information passed on in a very brief manner, so briefly in fact thst he doesn't even know WHAT these issues are, only that I have health problems.

Would you be comfortable knowing someone you don't know who you've never seen or spoken to has information about you that your own GP doesn't? "

There isn't a single list of conditions that put someone in the "16-54 with health conditions" category. There's an algorithm being used which includes data like BMI, ethnicity, medical history, age and a bunch of other stuff, but that wasn't the case when the 9 categories were decided on. There might be one health event in the past that's been flagged up that, unless they go trawling through your entire life history, they may not realise because rarely nowadays do you have "your own" GP who knows every little thing about you. You're a number on a list of 20,000 others, as is the case in our practice.

My health condition seems to be the almost non existent heart murmur. That was diagnosed when I was 6 weeks old and hasn't ever caused me any problems and I've been completely unmonitored for it since I had my son (he's now 18). Unless a GP did a trawl, they'd never know I had it but it's the only thing in my historical records that might have caused me to be called.

What I'm trying to say us the GP hasn't got time to trawl the records of every person who is called for the vaccine. It's a vaccine being offered to every single adult so it's really immaterial.

By *xploring_FunWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

"32 out of how many though?

I agree 70,000 today in Falkirk and if you had 32 no shoes many reasons could be

Illness

Work

Travel

Panicing about getting it fear and so on people need to stop being so negative and quick to judge others without knowing all the facts. "

Letters, illness and not being able to get through to rearrange are going to be the major factors.

My Mum’s letter came the day of her appointment. Had she not been wfh she’d have been a “no show”.

Context is important - 32 of thousands is tiny, and way below the expected no show rate. 32 of a small number is a bigger issue.

By *xploring_FunWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

I would be uncomfortable with that and would want to know if it was accurate or a mistake.

I’d pursue it after having the vaccine just in case it was correct...

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

Even if you did have it now your only about week ahead of where you would be so I say just have it. "

Erm no they havent.they are halting invites for under 50s for the month of april.they still on the over 50s and health conditions round here.its only some places they have started on the undee 50s because they have managed to clear everyone else.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Sounds a little like you're trying to get the gp to convince you to your satisfaction why you need to have it.

The fact you may or not have underlying conditions I'd have thought can be covered off at any point in time and really isn't contingent on a vaccine. Though like you, you'd hope someone would be able to tell you what they may be.

By *winkleFairyCouple
over a year ago

UK

Your GP surgery can tell you what group you are in as you were either invited by a GP led initiative or alternatively the mass national vaccination service has been inviting people based on information submitted by your GP surgery.

Only Group 4 and Group 6 (of the original 9) are based upon medical conditions and you can go and look up the health conditions yourself on the government website. They’ve both been finished for some time in our area.

Everyone else is being vaccinated based on age (frontline NHS and carers aside).

If you’ve only just been invited it’s because your area has moved on to the 40+ category.

Have the jab or don’t, it’s up to you at the end of the day. No need to turn it into a conspiracy theory.

By *winkleFairyCouple
over a year ago

UK

Would you be comfortable knowing someone you don't know who you've never seen or spoken to has information about you that your own GP doesn't?

Your GP surgery can tell you what group you are in as you were either invited by a GP led initiative or alternatively the mass national vaccination service has been inviting people based on information submitted by your GP surgery.

Only Group 4 and Group 6 (of the original 9) are based upon medical conditions and you can go and look up the health conditions yourself on the government website. They’ve both been finished for some time in our area.

Everyone else is being vaccinated based on age (frontline NHS and carers aside).

If you’ve only just been invited it’s because your area has moved on to the 40+ category.

Have the jab or don’t, it’s up to you at the end of the day. No need to turn it into a conspiracy theory. "

Infact I’ve just seen you are in America... I’ve no idea how they are doing it over there! It’s a shame you don’t get the same level of transparency as we do in the U.K.

By *iguy for funMan
over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

"H

Infact I’ve just seen you are in America... I’ve no idea how they are doing it over there! It’s a shame you don’t get the same level of transparency as we do in the U.K. "

twinkle - 1600 pennsylvania ave is the white house so i might take that it with a pinch of salt

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/03/21 20:48:02]

over a year ago

The whole point of vaccination is that we ALL need it. "

No it's not, those who are elderly or succeptable or vulnerable should take it, everyone else who is fit and healthy are fine and don't need it. That is what our immune systems are for, people seem to have forgotten that.

over a year ago

No it's not, those who are elderly or succeptable or vulnerable should take it, everyone else who is fit and healthy are fine and don't need it. That is what our immune systems are for, people seem to have forgotten that."

Sigh.

over a year ago

No it's not, those who are elderly or succeptable or vulnerable should take it, everyone else who is fit and healthy are fine and don't need it. That is what our immune systems are for, people seem to have forgotten that."

Oh dear! (Face plame)

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

How many threads are you going to put this rubbish on?

By *winkleFairyCouple
over a year ago

UK

"H

Infact I’ve just seen you are in America... I’ve no idea how they are doing it over there! It’s a shame you don’t get the same level of transparency as we do in the U.K.

twinkle - 1600 pennsylvania ave is the white house so i might take that it with a pinch of salt"

Ahhh I didn’t pay that much attention to register that... I just saw the location tag on the forum post! Lol I think you might be right!

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

I'm 99.9% sure you won't listen to this but...

Your immune system does not stop you catching covid, does not prevent you potentially having complications or issues with 'long' covid, and does not stop you passing it on to other people.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No it's not, those who are elderly or succeptable or vulnerable should take it, everyone else who is fit and healthy are fine and don't need it. That is what our immune systems are for, people seem to have forgotten that.

I'm 99.9% sure you won't listen to this but...

Your immune system does not stop you catching covid, does not prevent you potentially having complications or issues with 'long' covid, and does not stop you passing it on to other people.

"

In fact, some of the more serious Covid effects are your immune system overreacting.

over a year ago

My local clinic has stopped doing them, it's now going to be a 2 hour round trip.

over a year ago

"My local clinic has stopped doing them, it's now going to be a 2 hour round trip. "

Really?

Do you live in a rural area?

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

"So my local vaccination clinic announced 32 people failed to turn up for there appointments "

There’s nowhere on the website in Scotland to say why you aren’t able to attend for the vaccine. It’s also really difficult to try and reschedule it. People could’ve been ill that day or had other appointments. Until all the facts are known, these figures don’t mean anything. There is still a choice not to be vaccinated.

By *rank speakerMan
over a year ago

Worcester

My GP insisted I get it because of my underlying health issues that put me at severe risk. (Never had a health issue in my life and tne GP surgery "can't" tell me what these health issues are) so at 47 and fitter and healthier than ever I asked them to "donate" mine to someone who needs it more. "

Unfortunately the 'not able to tell ' rings bells with the me. I despair there's so little joined up thinking still going on in the health service. I've had this a number of times in recent years when my family and doctor have been told of concerns over health issues, but not me? Being reasonably competent I fail to understand this policy?

By *elnkazCouple
over a year ago

cheshire

Ours spend the last hr of the day phoning those that didnt turn up try get them in b4 they close

They have been known to grab people off the street

Hate when people dont turn up for appts . K

over a year ago

"My local clinic has stopped doing them, it's now going to be a 2 hour round trip.

Really?

Do you live in a rural area?"

Yes. I just missed out getting it locally.

over a year ago

Careful mate that’s an impressive use of individual thought and very selfless. As commendable as your actions are there are some people who will never be happy. Good for you I say.

Your underlying health issues are as mysterious as the misdiagnoses I seem to keep getting from our heroes in the nhs.

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

I was phoned to come along for mine. Duely turned up 2 weeks later for the nurse to look at my medical history and say no. You think they've checked it when the checked it for the underlying health issues that were the reason why they offered me it early to start with. Took 3 phone calls to a very busy phone line to persuade the GP to put a note on the file so I could actually get the vaccine. Bit of joined up thinking there would have saved some effort for all.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Eastbourne

A mate tore up the vaccine appointment letters for her family, she has decided that no one in the house is going to get vaccinated, as she doesn't want to get hers.

over a year ago

North West

"A mate tore up the vaccine appointment letters for her family, she has decided that no one in the house is going to get vaccinated, as she doesn't want to get hers."

Yes. My mother had a similar attitude when she didn't tell my Grandad about the phonecall from his GP to come for his. He found out later and booked his jab for 22nd January. Sadly he was taken to hospital with Covid on 22nd January and died on 25th January. Too late. That's what happens when idiots rip up letters/delete answerphone messages.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"A mate tore up the vaccine appointment letters for her family, she has decided that no one in the house is going to get vaccinated, as she doesn't want to get hers."
that's illegal for a start and so irresponsible

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Post new Message to Thread