Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Outdoor drinking

Jump to newest

By *usybee73 OP   Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

Chatted to a bar owner at work and obviously discussed the outside drinking in April...

Bit of confusion though, if you have a outside pub garden, that's great but what about toilet facilities? Do they allow access in the pub?

Last year pubs worked quite well, table service, so many to a table etc ... so why couldn't they go back to that, or even sit down with bar owners/groups etc

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe they could put a few portable thunderbolt toilets outside?

By *usybee73 OP   Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

"Maybe they could put a few portable thunderbolt toilets outside?"

Probably catch ebola from one off them, we call them the Turdis

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman
over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

What they did here in Spain last year when terraces opened was, one in one out the pub, but had to use sanitizer when entering. And leaving even after hand washing, also masks required unless sitting at the table. I’d imagine something similar would be required in the UK as they will still need to allow use of the loo I think

By *usybee73 OP   Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

"What they did here in Spain last year when terraces opened was, one in one out the pub, but had to use sanitizer when entering. And leaving even after hand washing, also masks required unless sitting at the table. I’d imagine something similar would be required in the UK as they will still need to allow use of the loo I think "

Thats great till someone needs the toilet urgently lol or if someone goes in for a sit down and read of the paper...

Then what about spoons toilets? Normally 3 flights of stairs and half mile walk

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman
over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

No point having a pop at what’s going to happen there, since all I’m doing is saying what measures we took here

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman
over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

Oh and anyone going to spoons needs to give their head a wobble anyway

By *usybee73 OP   Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

"No point having a pop at what’s going to happen there, since all I’m doing is saying what measures we took here "

It's just unworkable, and shows how government don't think about how it will work in the real world ...

Irony is you can't go in a pub yet can wonder around IKEA for hours and have a coffee

By *all me FlikWoman
over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

IKEA is click and collect according to their website.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"No point having a pop at what’s going to happen there, since all I’m doing is saying what measures we took here

It's just unworkable, and shows how government don't think about how it will work in the real world ...

Irony is you can't go in a pub yet can wonder around IKEA for hours and have a coffee "

Of course it can and will work, do you think pubs etc who have lost huge amounts during lockdown wont find solutions to any problems,

By *usybee73 OP   Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

"IKEA is click and collect according to their website. "

Not in April it won't be

By *usybee73 OP   Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

"No point having a pop at what’s going to happen there, since all I’m doing is saying what measures we took here

Irony is you can't go in a pub yet can wonder around IKEA for hours and have a coffee

Of course it can and will work, do you think pubs etc who have lost huge amounts during lockdown wont find solutions to any problems, "

Won't work though... how many pubs have already folded

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

The pub I usually shop of at on my cycle in countryside had a portaloo last summer didnt fancy trying it though x

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

Of course it can and will work, do you think pubs etc who have lost huge amounts during lockdown wont find solutions to any problems,

Won't work though... how many pubs have already folded "

Well with that negative attitude we might as well all just give up, many businesses in hospitality have found ways to continue in business, a couple of pubs near us have started doing takeaway sunday lunches and have done well, plenty of other examples around of businesses thinking on their feet to keep going. when the going gets tough the tough get going.

By *ixey and CopperCouple
over a year ago

Taunton

It will be a one way system like before, most pubs will already be set up from previous.

A lot won't reopen until May, but the April opening will work, just need to be clever with menus, takeaways, umbrellas etc

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"The pub I usually shop of at on my cycle in countryside had a portaloo last summer didnt fancy trying it though x"

I'm sure adults can "go" before they go to a pub, I've rarely had to use a pub loo in all the years drinking in them unless it was for a long night out.

over a year ago

The bigger question is..when they open the inside up later on. Will we still have to buy a bloody scotch egg

By *icklowhornMan
over a year ago

Dublin Wicklow

In Ireland we were allowed a max of 15 in the outside area. 1 in 1 out rule for toilets which seemed to work very well in most places but the time restrictions (1hr30) made it very awkward for staff who had to turn tables over in order try make money

By *usybee73 OP   Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

Well with that negative attitude we might as well all just give up, many businesses in hospitality have found ways to continue in business, a couple of pubs near us have started doing takeaway sunday lunches and have done well, plenty of other examples around of businesses thinking on their feet to keep going. when the going gets tough the tough get going. "

Negative attitude, try a realistic one

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-how-many-pubs-restaurants-and-clubs-closed-their-doors-permanently-in-2020-12194754

Then think about how much business is done in the pubs and jobs involved

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

Well with that negative attitude we might as well all just give up, many businesses in hospitality have found ways to continue in business, a couple of pubs near us have started doing takeaway sunday lunches and have done well, plenty of other examples around of businesses thinking on their feet to keep going. when the going gets tough the tough get going.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-how-many-pubs-restaurants-and-clubs-closed-their-doors-permanently-in-2020-12194754

Then think about how much business is done in the pubs and jobs involved"

Which is all the more reason for them to grab any business they can. Pubs have been closing for many years for various reasons, yet many do well also, its one of the hardest ways to earn a living not everyone who takes it on seems to realise that and cant hack it, I've seen a friend try and fail yet now runs a successful fencing business so not afraid of work but he now says the pub was much harder, also you need to have a easy and out going personality and of course not drinking the profit helps

By *usybee73 OP   Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

Then think about how much business is done in the pubs and jobs involved

Which is all the more reason for them to grab any business they can. Pubs have been closing for many years for various reasons, yet many do well also, its one of the hardest ways to earn a living not everyone who takes it on seems to realise that and cant hack it, I've seen a friend try and fail yet now runs a successful fencing business so not afraid of work but he now says the pub was much harder, also you need to have a easy and out going personality and of course not drinking the profit helps "

Reasons of pub closures before covid can be explained due to your reasoning and a lot more.

But lockdown will finish a lot more and the add on effects is very worrying, from small breweries to the local teenager doing the dishes in their first job.

The point is government is not working with the actual industry yet its one of the biggest tax collectors

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"The pub I usually shop of at on my cycle in countryside had a portaloo last summer didnt fancy trying it though x

I'm sure adults can "go" before they go to a pub, I've rarely had to use a pub loo in all the years drinking in them unless it was for a long night out."

I'm usually out a fair while on my bike when allowed! But would rather find a bush than use one of those portaloos x

over a year ago

"The pub I usually shop of at on my cycle in countryside had a portaloo last summer didnt fancy trying it though x

I'm sure adults can "go" before they go to a pub, I've rarely had to use a pub loo in all the years drinking in them unless it was for a long night out."

What size is your bladder

over a year ago

I'm sure adults can "go" before they go to a pub, I've rarely had to use a pub loo in all the years drinking in them unless it was for a long night out.

What size is your bladder "

Must be a whisky drinker

over a year ago

"Chatted to a bar owner at work and obviously discussed the outside drinking in April...

Bit of confusion though, if you have a outside pub garden, that's great but what about toilet facilities? Do they allow access in the pub?

Last year pubs worked quite well, table service, so many to a table etc ... so why couldn't they go back to that, or even sit down with bar owners/groups etc"

we had a period in scotland last year where it was beer garden only - you used the toilets inside but only one person allowed inside for the toilet at a time so the queue was outside

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's not an insurmountable problem for the management to handle and restricted entry, with number control, has been an age old process.

For many it will be better than being closed

By *ussymufferMan
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I think this is the last thing to open look at the problem with it the last time there was a a full scale riot with about 120 people in Glasgow fighting all around the beer garden the pub owners never called the police innocent people caught up in it.

Also the pubs in Aberdeen jammed full lots of pictures on social media about it and in the press and also the night Scotland managed to win a game of football the crowd all hugging and jumping about and dancing the proof is there these pubs only want money social distance and the like is all sound bites to get the people in and get there money. I have went past a few pubs local to me and they are all standing smoking at the door in the people that run the pubs don't care about what goes on in most of the bars at the end of the day all they want is money

By *ornyandwellhungMan
over a year ago

belfast

"The pub I usually shop of at on my cycle in countryside had a portaloo last summer didnt fancy trying it though x"

I’d rather go to the nearest hedge

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

"The bigger question is..when they open the inside up later on. Will we still have to buy a bloody scotch egg "

Only if you require a substantial meal

Hahaah

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

What size is your bladder "

Big enough not to have to go to the loo for several hours at least.

Post new Message to Thread