Back to forum list
Back to Virus

New shielding group

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

OK. Riddle me this....

I've just had my first jab (AZ gang here) and for home to find a letter informing me I am in the new CEV group and should shield at home.

The thing is I have already had covid with no symptoms what so ever (I got tested through routine testing at work) and it is my understanding that the point of shielding people is to reduce the risk of getting it as they are at greater risk of severe complications.

So....... Should I shield?

It's not law, just guidance and I will speak to both my Dr and work but I only have 3.5 weeks left of going into the office before I start a new job and work from home anyway.

What would you do?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Do as you are doing, speak to GP first and then speak to work

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"OK. Riddle me this....

I've just had my first jab (AZ gang here) and for home to find a letter informing me I am in the new CEV group and should shield at home.

The thing is I have already had covid with no symptoms what so ever (I got tested through routine testing at work) and it is my understanding that the point of shielding people is to reduce the risk of getting it as they are at greater risk of severe complications.

It's not law, just guidance and I will speak to both my Dr and work but I only have 3.5 weeks left of going into the office before I start a new job and work from home anyway.

What would you do? "

I would go on the Docs advice.

If it was me and I had both Covid and the jab. I wouldn’t shield or ask the Doc.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"OK. Riddle me this....

What would you do? "

I would seek advice from the GP..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I got a text asking to shield but I'm not going to. I'm vulnerable but not clinically so. I had my vaccine last week so I'm just presuming they are sending it out to everyone who has had it (and is not a health care/front line worker) on the assumption that they got it this early because they are clinically vulnerable.

over a year ago

evesham

"I got a text asking to shield but I'm not going to. I'm vulnerable but not clinically so. I had my vaccine last week so I'm just presuming they are sending it out to everyone who has had it (and is not a health care/front line worker) on the assumption that they got it this early because they are clinically vulnerable. "

I only got my text to book my vaccine yesterday and didn't book it until after I got out from work at about 6pm so I don't think it's linked to my vaccine. I do have underlying health conditions and am far so I was expecting a letter once they announced the new list the other week.

over a year ago

I wouldn't shield if it was me

By *adame 2SwordsWoman
over a year ago

Victoria, London

take docs advice

get a letter to cover yourself

stay at home

any probs with work, gp advice should protect you

over a year ago

evesham

"take docs advice

get a letter to cover yourself

stay at home

any probs with work, gp advice should protect you"

I'm not expecting any problems with work. I just don't see the logic in shielding of I've had it already. If I can get a suitable risk assessment in place that meets half way I think that would be the best solution. As I say, it isn't law to shield.

over a year ago

these new letters for shielding are not a new group they are a group that should have been on the first letter but were missed

over a year ago

evesham

"these new letters for shielding are not a new group they are a group that should have been on the first letter but were missed "

The letter says they were identified following research from the first wave of covid.

over a year ago

"Letters will be sent out to alert people they could benefit from shielding, however recipients will have the choice over whether they want to shield."

According to an article from the itv news website.

over a year ago

ah thats different to the one ive seem here basically its an admission that he should have been told last year lucky for him his dr rang him last march to sheild

over a year ago

it does make you wonder how many were missed first time around

By *luttyLaylaWoman
over a year ago

North West

Guess it’s your decision to make alongside your employer.

I appreciate your point, but If you’ve been advised to shield they’d be directly going against that advice letting you work.

X

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Speak to your GP.

Protection starts 2-3 weeks post jab, so in the absence of any other information I'd be extra careful, but it's ultimately one to ask your doctor.

over a year ago

You can catch covid a second time even if you have had your first jab there is no 100% guarantee. If you have had yhe letter speak to the gp follow advice. You may have had it once and been fine your not guaranteed to be if you catch it again.

We will all need a booster in the autumn !

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I would shield, as informed, unless my GP advised not to. There's a risk of catching a variant that your immunity doesn't protect against, or it's waned. Your jab immunity is still likely a 3 weeks wait from getting it. And I think they are still recommending Shielding, after getting vaccinated. GP advice is your best call.

Post new Message to Thread