Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

vaccine passport and travel

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

so it seems boris is now open to this as many counties wont let you in unless you have one.

so we've gone from no way to yes were are looking into how to do it, so how long before this passport gets used for other things like jobs where needed or simplethings like going to the pub ? it seems all the no we wont do that is turning into yes we will.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

While many other countries have a vast swathe of citizens that won't have a vaccine we would be better avoiding those countries anyway.

It's not yes either - it's still in the works as a plan or maybe not.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-holiday-starved-britons-flock-to-book-a-break-after-lockdown-exit-plans-revealed-12226330

By *luttyLaylaWoman
over a year ago

North West

"so it seems boris is now open to this as many counties wont let you in unless you have one.

so we've gone from no way to yes were are looking into how to do it, so how long before this passport gets used for other things like jobs where needed or simplethings like going to the pub ? it seems all the no we wont do that is turning into yes we will."

Some jobs already have it so guess it feels normal to us.

I can argue both sides equally and am very torn tbh!

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I think that we will see less travelling abroad if it goes through.

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Once you tell people that they cannot go to on Holliday abroad they will be lining up to have it

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"I think that we will see less travelling abroad if it goes through."

Especially those with families, you won’t be leaving the kids at home

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Think most European countries think its a good idea now but most people will of only had a single dose so they may change their tune when they realise there losing another year's revenue only allowing fully vaccinated to enter

Private medical companies may offer the vaccine for a fee once they are allowed so that may help

I had to pay to get a yellow fever vaccine done when travelled to Ghana think it was 120 quid I'd happily pay that to have my freedom back

By *lamourpussyCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

"Once you tell people that they cannot go to on Holliday abroad they will be lining up to have it

"

I agree. It will be a real issue for some this year though. Spain for example is looking to introduce a vaccine passport which requires you to have had both doses of vaccine, the second one at least three weeks before you fly. The UK vaccination target is to give everyone there first vaccine by the end of July so it could be November before a lot of people would be allowed to travel to Spain.

By *lamourpussyCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

Just to add to the above. Be very careful about when you book a holiday. If you book your holiday and then find that you don’t meet the ‘vaccination passport’ requirement if that country you won’t be able to go and based on the advice that I received from my insurance company won’t be insured either!

I was surprised but my insurance company were very clear, they advised not to book anything until at least a month after I was sure I would have received both vaccinations.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"Just to add to the above. Be very careful about when you book a holiday. If you book your holiday and then find that you don’t meet the ‘vaccination passport’ requirement if that country you won’t be able to go and based on the advice that I received from my insurance company won’t be insured either!

I was surprised but my insurance company were very clear, they advised not to book anything until at least a month after I was sure I would have received both vaccinations."

This is one of the reasons I’m not booking anything abroad this year, it is changing too much, plus the unanswered question of under 16s and what does it mean for them. Let it settle, things come into place and see what 2022 brings.

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

"so it seems boris is now open to this as many counties wont let you in unless you have one.

so we've gone from no way to yes were are looking into how to do it, so how long before this passport gets used for other things like jobs where needed or simplethings like going to the pub ? it seems all the no we wont do that is turning into yes we will."

If that is the only way this world is going to be able to get back to normal again and it has now been proved the vaccine does do some good .. then surely everyone should listen to their conscience and get the freaking thing then maybe? Would stop all the childish bickering going on I think

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Again will this not be driven by insurance. Will you get travel insurance with out a jab. The wife is starting new traning now as a flight nurse is going extra traning to repatriate people who have had covid on trips back to there home where where in the world that might be.

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Thing is there is little to no logic in the vaccine passport here's why:

Gov already have access to everyone's med record so the know who is vaccinated or not.

Vaccines are having a high up take (almost 90%) so any anti vaxxer's (those who hate all vaccines) and the ones who are hesitant (safety concerns) would be protected by herd immunity which is reached when 60% are vaccinated and considering only 5% have ever had covid that should be easy to achieve.

the government cannot refuse access to public services...vaccinated or not.

Customs is a gov sector.

Countries around the world are vaccinating upon mass so they to should achieve at least the 60% herd immunity levels.

again rendering the passport a useless waste of public cash, which given recent events would be a shambles and outsourced to a private company who is a mate of a MP for both of them to profit from.

If your screaming for a vaccine passport to access private areas such as job, bars, cinema, clubs & even airlines then you are then allowing the private sector access to private data including medical data upon mass...you can truly kiss goodbye to privacy and any discrimination rights then as it will be the private sector controlling access to almost everything that we consider life.

there is just no need.

It could just be a stamp added to current passports for those travelling to countries with low vaccination rates which if any one doesn't know it'll be those developing countries that were colonized and stripped for resources.

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

In addition to my above having a vaccine passport will exclude all those that have reasons not to have it to be discriminated against in every area.

bear in mind most housing is also private so if it goes so far as jobs asking for all to be vaccinated, then the other sectors follow.

in the extreme end of my mind it leaves these folk sitting like faction less, exempt from almost all areas of life except survival and wholly reliant on charity.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's utter nonsense- so the under 16s aren't spreading it then?

I won't be travelling anywhere until this has settled down.

A vaccine passport is coercive and makes me reluctant to buy into any of it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"In addition to my above having a vaccine passport will exclude all those that have reasons not to have it to be discriminated against in every area.

bear in mind most housing is also private so if it goes so far as jobs asking for all to be vaccinated, then the other sectors follow.

in the extreme end of my mind it leaves these folk sitting like faction less, exempt from almost all areas of life except survival and wholly reliant on charity."

spot on again.

Post new Message to Thread