Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

travel restrictions

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

anyone notice anything about travel restrictions being lifted today with everything else April? May? June?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

No the stay at home order is still in place

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

International travel is in step 3...... but that bit is going to be up for review as that is going to be as much dependant on other countries...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"International travel is in step 3...... but that bit is going to be up for review as that is going to be as much dependant on other countries..."

Exactly this.

It's more about how other countries are doing.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

From 12th April self catering holidays in this country allowed.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"International travel is in step 3...... but that bit is going to be up for review as that is going to be as much dependant on other countries..."
I did not see it so is that travel to the UK aswell

over a year ago

Stage 3

International travel will resume no earlier than 17 May

over a year ago

"Stage 3

International travel will resume no earlier than 17 May"

We are meant to going to Spain at the end of June. I had written it off thinking there was no way it would happen but am a little bit more optimistic now but we will wait and see.

over a year ago

surely there is a world away from going to sprain and driving to the coast.. i guess if they are saying self catering holidays ok from May17th.. travel is okay by then

d

over a year ago

"surely there is a world away from going to sprain and driving to the coast.. i guess if they are saying self catering holidays ok from May17th.. travel is okay by then

d"

Self catering holidays are allowed from the 12th of April so not the 17th of May and phase 3 which start from the 17th of May includes some International travel travel.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

With international travel there will be the restrictions placed by the other countries as well as the UK conditions for return, such as testing and quarantine. I assume nobody is seeing the end to all quarantine requirements.

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

What about travel to second homes ?

By *wesomepearWoman
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

[Removed by poster at 22/02/21 20:27:24]

By *wesomepearWoman
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

The “stay at home” order or whatever it’s actually called is lifted from the 29th of March. So some travel will be allowed although it’s recommended that you stay local. And no overnight stays.

By * and BCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"The “stay at home” order or whatever it’s actually called is lifted from the 29th of March. So some travel will be allowed although it’s recommended that you stay local. And no overnight stays. "

Yes stay at home order is to be lifted from week commencing 29th March so lockdown is still in place till then. It is advice to stay local from then but not law. We've had an essential journey to do since beginning of January but decided we'd wait till lockdown is relaxed to do the 300 mile round trip

over a year ago

ah yes 29th March..that's right

over a year ago

"With international travel there will be the restrictions placed by the other countries as well as the UK conditions for return, such as testing and quarantine. I assume nobody is seeing the end to all quarantine requirements. "

Im not sure because Greece and Spain have both said if their numbers are fairly low by the summer and people from the UK can prove they have had a vaccine they won't have to quarantine so we will wait and see.

over a year ago

We are going to wait until December for tenerife now.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Needing to of had a vaccine for travelling abroad, does that include children?

over a year ago

You don't need to have a vaccine to travel but some countries have said if you have had the vaccine you won't have to quarantine but no details of people that can't have it or children yet.

It's For too early to know what's going to happen yet.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Stage 3

We are meant to going to Spain at the end of June. I had written it off thinking there was no way it would happen but am a little bit more optimistic now but we will wait and see. "

I hope you get to go

over a year ago

Great that the UK is ahead in its vaccination roll out,other countries are not that fortunate. To ease restrictions on foreign travel it would take countries like Spain Italy and Greece to have a similar vaccination programme. I would be very wary of booking a holiday this year unless you plann for some sort of isolation restrictions on your return to the UK. Experts are still very wary of new strains of this virus appearing, particularly coming in from other countries,so great that it is that foreign travel will be opening up, certain restrictions will still be with us.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Great that the UK is ahead in its vaccination roll out,other countries are not that fortunate. To ease restrictions on foreign travel it would take countries like Spain Italy and Greece to have a similar vaccination programme. I would be very wary of booking a holiday this year unless you plann for some sort of isolation restrictions on your return to the UK. Experts are still very wary of new strains of this virus appearing, particularly coming in from other countries,so great that it is that foreign travel will be opening up, certain restrictions will still be with us."

In many respects, it was what wasn't said today that is important. People are assuming that almost everything will be without limits after the final June point is reached.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Great that the UK is ahead in its vaccination roll out,other countries are not that fortunate. To ease restrictions on foreign travel it would take countries like Spain Italy and Greece to have a similar vaccination programme. I would be very wary of booking a holiday this year unless you plann for some sort of isolation restrictions on your return to the UK. Experts are still very wary of new strains of this virus appearing, particularly coming in from other countries,so great that it is that foreign travel will be opening up, certain restrictions will still be with us.

In many respects, it was what wasn't said today that is important. People are assuming that almost everything will be without limits after the final June point is reached. "

Yet and no mention on do ing away with social distancing. So yes clubs can open but at 2m yer right.

By *all me FlikWoman
over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"Stage 3

We are meant to going to Spain at the end of June. I had written it off thinking there was no way it would happen but am a little bit more optimistic now but we will wait and see. "

it may not have been updated yet but the.gov website is still saying travel into the UK comes with a 10 day quarantine plus the requirement to take 2 pre booked covid tests. Worth checking to see if you need to add 10 days to any holiday.

over a year ago

not after June 21, all restriction to lifted its proposed

over a year ago

" not after June 21, all restriction to lifted its proposed "

You gotta laugh!!!

over a year ago

"Stage 3

We are meant to going to Spain at the end of June. I had written it off thinking there was no way it would happen but am a little bit more optimistic now but we will wait and see.

it may not have been updated yet but the.gov website is still saying travel into the UK comes with a 10 day quarantine plus the requirement to take 2 pre booked covid tests. Worth checking to see if you need to add 10 days to any holiday. "

We have, we have family in Spain who work in the travel industry and they are already working on a travel corridor with the UK which should be open by the end of May.

over a year ago

"Stage 3

it may not have been updated yet but the.gov website is still saying travel into the UK comes with a 10 day quarantine plus the requirement to take 2 pre booked covid tests. Worth checking to see if you need to add 10 days to any holiday.

We have, we have family in Spain who work in the travel industry and they are already working on a travel corridor with the UK which should be open by the end of May."

The 10 day quarantine coming back wouldn't be a problem we would happily do that it's just whether or not there will be so many restrictions in Spain that it's not worth it.

over a year ago

"Stage 3

We have, we have family in Spain who work in the travel industry and they are already working on a travel corridor with the UK which should be open by the end of May."

You gotta laugh at some people hahahaha

over a year ago

my original question was actually about county lines lol but I guess people have been busy booking holidays today anyway

d

over a year ago

"Stage 3

We have, we have family in Spain who work in the travel industry and they are already working on a travel corridor with the UK which should be open by the end of May.

You gotta laugh at some people hahahaha"

Do you know what our situation is? do you know why we want to go to Spain know so please keep your opinion to yourself and the government have announced today but travel corridors could be open as early as the 15th of May so if I can go to Spain in June I will regardless of whether other people think it's funny.

Spain has said very clearly they want to welcome British tourists as soon as possible and they will probably lift the quarantine restriction to anybody who has had both vaccines and we will have by then because we've already had our 1st and will have had our 2nd ones weeks for we go.

over a year ago

"my original question was actually about county lines lol but I guess people have been busy booking holidays today anyway

d"

We didn't book this holiday today we booked it in December 2019.

We then rebooked it last May till June this year.

over a year ago

we had ours cancelled last April.. news said its been the busiest holiday booking day since it all began

over a year ago

"we had ours cancelled last April.. news said its been the busiest holiday booking day since it all began "

I don't blame people to be honest.

So many judgments when actually nobody knows what's gonna happen and if we can't go we can't go but I'm definitely gonna be optimistic.

over a year ago

"Stage 3

You gotta laugh at some people hahahaha

Do you know what our situation is? do you know why we want to go to Spain know so please keep your opinion to yourself and the government have announced today but travel corridors could be open as early as the 15th of May so if I can go to Spain in June I will regardless of whether other people think it's funny.

Spain has said very clearly they want to welcome British tourists as soon as possible and they will probably lift the quarantine restriction to anybody who has had both vaccines and we will have by then because we've already had our 1st and will have had our 2nd ones weeks for we go."

While both the UK and Spanish government's would love for travel between their borders without restrictions to resume it is unlikely to happen in 2021 it would take both countries to have completed their vaccination programmes,Spain is well behind in this task and it may take all of Europe/the world to have successfully vaccinated their population before international travel without restrictions apply. In any event travel corridors are old news and are not I think viable.

By *tevelizCouple
over a year ago

northampton

best bet is to wait until each date arrives and then see what happens.

over a year ago

"best bet is to wait until each date arrives and then see what happens."

Exactly.

over a year ago

"we had ours cancelled last April.. news said its been the busiest holiday booking day since it all began

I don't blame people to be honest.

So many judgments when actually nobody knows what's gonna happen and if we can't go we can't go but I'm definitely gonna be optimistic."

great to hear x

By *iss.ddWoman
over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

"Stage 3

International travel will resume no earlier than 17 May"

Great, my already postponed holiday was due to fly out on the 16th

Gotta laugh

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

As someone who normally travels regularly to the USA (although I am currently there) I am keeping a close eye on it. Bojo said today that mid April they will reassess with a view to International travel opening up mid May.

That however guarantees nothing and also doesn't mean the country in question will let you in.

I hope that helps as you seem to have some very mixed answers above!

By *iss.ddWoman
over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

"

We then rebooked it last May till June this year. "

That's what we did. Blindly optimistic last April that this will all be over by 2021 so we postponed instead of taking the refund

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Stage 3

You gotta laugh at some people hahahaha"

Quarantine at the moment is only required when entering the UK from one of the 33 red flag countries Spain and Greece aren't one of them

Business trips have been coming back from Ireland Spain and France with no quarantine required

Why should people laugh at others wanting to take a holiday with family

Vaccination of the vulnerable are nearly complete

Remember some people have had to travel daily to work they didn't get the luxury of staying at home so why shouldn't they have something to look forward to after only working hard the last 12 months

Nice to know that June all restrictions should be lifted we can get on with living not just existing

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

What people on here have to realise is there's still many people who love the stay at home rule and enjoy being furloughed they don't want things back to normal

Every post that has mentioned a reopening of some sort has been met by negative response

They said clubs wouldn't open last year and was wrong some did with restrictions in place

Now even when their told restrictions will be gone in June they still try n find other ways to put people's optimistic approach on life down

We have been shown a way out so let's just remain positive and hope by June it's an end to all restrictions

Vaccines are on target so we should see things moving along

We have 2 holidays not booked this year but moved from last and we are looking forward to both

If people want to remain restricted or want to flood every positive post with constant negative response then why not start there own post

over a year ago

"As someone who normally travels regularly to the USA (although I am currently there) I am keeping a close eye on it. Bojo said today that mid April they will reassess with a view to International travel opening up mid May.

That however guarantees nothing and also doesn't mean the country in question will let you in.

I hope that helps as you seem to have some very mixed answers above! "

Have you been able to travel between the USA and UK this last year?

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I was supposed to be going to Albania in March then potentially a few European countries in June - realistically I can’t see it till September.

Would want my jab ASAP but not high enough risk

By *ust some cock suckerMan
over a year ago

Preston

"Stage 3

Meant to be going to Turkey in August but wondering on the possibility of Turkey getting RED LISTED while I'm there and everyone looking forward to a £1750 mini enforced break on arrival back in the UK

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Im amazed that people want to rush off asap after all thats gone on as there are plenty of nice places in the uk for a holiday.Who knows what constrictions there will be in different countries? i certainly wouldn't want to go to France for instance if they still had a night time curfew.

over a year ago

"Im amazed that people want to rush off asap after all thats gone on as there are plenty of nice places in the uk for a holiday.Who knows what constrictions there will be in different countries? i certainly wouldn't want to go to France for instance if they still had a night time curfew."

Depends where in France, my place I'm renovating there is in a tiny village with 2 bars and a restaurant. I chose it specifically for its peace & quiet lifestyle and I'm now a year behind on the renovation. So personally, I can't wait to get over there and try to catch up.

By *lack UhuruMan
over a year ago

Leeds

I wouldn't go abroad without being well briefed about the destination country's Corona R rate. And will people still have to self isolate after they've returned from holiday? There was no mention of that.

The UK has many beautiful places so if I holiday this year it's a staycation with family

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

The problem with holidays in Britain is the weather. In Turkey in August you can guarantee temperatures 30+ .

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"The problem with holidays in Britain is the weather. In Turkey in August you can guarantee temperatures 30+ ."
Very true but what new variants of the virus could be brought back to the uk? personally i would prefer o go abroad too but im willing to forgo that this year until things around the world get lot better.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

All adults in UK will have been offered the vaccine by 31st July

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

At the end of the day, it's people's own choice what they do, once they are armed with the information.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"At the end of the day, it's people's own choice what they do, once they are armed with the information."

Exactly. Once the government says it is legal to go abroad for holidays I will go.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"At the end of the day, it's people's own choice what they do, once they are armed with the information.

Exactly. Once the government says it is legal to go abroad for holidays I will go. "

over a year ago

"

We then rebooked it last May till June this year.

That's what we did. Blindly optimistic last April that this will all be over by 2021 so we postponed instead of taking the refund

"

Exactly. There was no way we thought that it was still gonna be going on this time this year.

We also decided to rebook rather than get a refund because we were offered quite a bit extra actually so it was worth our while. If we have to rebook again we have to rebook again but I'm not gonna completely write it off at the moment.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"What about travel to second homes ? "

I'm pretty sure that comes under self contained accomodation so maybe fine from the 12th of April if infections levels continue to drop.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"At the end of the day, it's people's own choice what they do, once they are armed with the information."

Precisely this. The one bit of information I’m waiting on is how other countries will treat those under 16 who haven’t been offered the vaccination. That will decide anything we might do this year or not

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"What people on here have to realise is there's still many people who love the stay at home rule and enjoy being furloughed they don't want things back to normal

Every post that has mentioned a reopening of some sort has been met by negative response

They said clubs wouldn't open last year and was wrong some did with restrictions in place

Now even when their told restrictions will be gone in June they still try n find other ways to put people's optimistic approach on life down

We have been shown a way out so let's just remain positive and hope by June it's an end to all restrictions

We have 2 holidays not booked this year but moved from last and we are looking forward to both

If people want to remain restricted or want to flood every positive post with constant negative response then why not start there own post "

... Or maybe we realise that jumping the gun might set us back?

Or booking a holiday on the basis of "if this, then if that, then if the other, we might be allowed by x date" might be a gamble?

I'll accept that I love lockdown and am a bed wetting coward if others will accept that they come across as "I wanna go pub and the 120 000 people who've died are an insufficient sacrifice cos I'm sad "

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"What people on here have to realise is there's still many people who love the stay at home rule and enjoy being furloughed they don't want things back to normal

If people want to remain restricted or want to flood every positive post with constant negative response then why not start there own post

Or booking a holiday on the basis of "if this, then if that, then if the other, we might be allowed by x date" might be a gamble?

I'll accept that I love lockdown and am a bed wetting coward if others will accept that they come across as "I wanna go pub and the 120 000 people who've died are an insufficient sacrifice cos I'm sad ""

If you read what I wrote we haven't booked holidays this year they are holidays we were forced to move from last year

Vaccinations are on target promising results from testing done in Israel on there vaccinated people will all help stop the spread and the deaths

No I don't agree that the people who lost their lives should be collateral damage if we had locked down earlier and stayed in lockdown longer then numbers would of been reduced

But we cannot remain in lockdown forever so we may aswell get all adults vaccinated and let people who want to get on with their lives carry on before it's too late to live anyway

Like I've said before I'm at higher risk because I can't do my job from home I travel all around the UK daily but I'm not happy about taking the risk but I have to do the same as any other key worker

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Glad to see the proposals, but can’t say I will be jumping in with both feet. As someone else posted..several actually...just because you can doesn’t mean you should. I will adapt to my own circumstances & if that means no going on holiday this year then so be it.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'll accept that I love lockdown and am a bed wetting coward if others will accept that they come across as "I wanna go pub and the 120 000 people who've died are an insufficient sacrifice cos I'm sad "

If you read what I wrote we haven't booked holidays this year they are holidays we were forced to move from last year

Vaccinations are on target promising results from testing done in Israel on there vaccinated people will all help stop the spread and the deaths

No I don't agree that the people who lost their lives should be collateral damage if we had locked down earlier and stayed in lockdown longer then numbers would of been reduced

But we cannot remain in lockdown forever so we may aswell get all adults vaccinated and let people who want to get on with their lives carry on before it's too late to live anyway

Like I've said before I'm at higher risk because I can't do my job from home I travel all around the UK daily but I'm not happy about taking the risk but I have to do the same as any other key worker

"

Nor do I want lockdown to last forever.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

"At the end of the day, it's people's own choice what they do, once they are armed with the information.

Precisely this. The one bit of information I’m waiting on is how other countries will treat those under 16 who haven’t been offered the vaccination. That will decide anything we might do this year or not "

I'm partially in this boat, my youngest daughter turns 16 this summer, we are supposed to be in Tunisia at that time.

My son is still in single figures so no idea what that's going to mean for our already booked holidays.

Assuming we can *all* enter the countries we've got booked, without 2 weeks quarantine there, we'll go.

Quarantine at home on return doesn't faze me, might upset the primary school if he misses first 2 weeks back in Jan 2022 Worse things happen. I won't be rescheduling again, if we can't go, I'll take straight refunds if either is cancelled.

I'm not confident enough to book 2022 yet and if I didn't already have plans this year, I wouldn't be booking abroad yet, I'd wait and do last minute deals personally As long as we legally can go abroad, within school holidays then I've no worries about going.

over a year ago

Precisely this. The one bit of information I’m waiting on is how other countries will treat those under 16 who haven’t been offered the vaccination. That will decide anything we might do this year or not

I'm partially in this boat, my youngest daughter turns 16 this summer, we are supposed to be in Tunisia at that time.

My son is still in single figures so no idea what that's going to mean for our already booked holidays.

Assuming we can *all* enter the countries we've got booked, without 2 weeks quarantine there, we'll go.

Quarantine at home on return doesn't faze me, might upset the primary school if he misses first 2 weeks back in Jan 2022 Worse things happen. I won't be rescheduling again, if we can't go, I'll take straight refunds if either is cancelled.

I'm not confident enough to book 2022 yet and if I didn't already have plans this year, I wouldn't be booking abroad yet, I'd wait and do last minute deals personally As long as we legally can go abroad, within school holidays then I've no worries about going."

You've just tipped the schools off to bring in a clause on the last 2 weeks of summer holidays

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

"

You've just tipped the schools off to bring in a clause on the last 2 weeks of summer holidays "

Summer ones don't worry me, it's Asia for Xmas 2021, that would cut into term time, with a quarantine, for us.

I know our head teacher wouldn't have an issue personally, she knows how travelling can be beneficial and educational.

Theoretical, I could take him off the role but as council fines apply to "be on holiday in term time", not, at home but grounded

Time will tell

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Think many key workers will deserve a holiday at the end of this from the till staff to the carers and all hospital staff who have risked themselves for others

Many who have caught the virus by doing the right thing

Think a little family time deserved by all and if that is in the sun then so be it

By *lamourpussyCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

"Stage 3

I looks likely that Spain is going to introduce a vaccine passport, so if you have had both doses of the vaccine by three weeks before you are due to fly you will probably be OK.

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

"Great that the UK is ahead in its vaccination roll out,other countries are not that fortunate. To ease restrictions on foreign travel it would take countries like Spain Italy and Greece to have a similar vaccination programme. I would be very wary of booking a holiday this year unless you plann for some sort of isolation restrictions on your return to the UK. Experts are still very wary of new strains of this virus appearing, particularly coming in from other countries,so great that it is that foreign travel will be opening up, certain restrictions will still be with us.

In many respects, it was what wasn't said today that is important. People are assuming that almost everything will be without limits after the final June point is reached.

Yet and no mention on do ing away with social distancing. So yes clubs can open but at 2m yer right. "

and no mention of masks for 21st June. we dont just start throwing everything away then like many are thinking

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Nor do I want lockdown to last forever."

Well you said your happy in lockdown

Also people that want end to the lockdown aren't selfish at all many have worked through this caring for other people's parents in nursing homes

Hospital staff fighting on the front line to reduce deaths while still suffering loses themselves

Store staff keeping supermarkets open so everyone has food

Other people keeping the UK supplied with gas electric water

Many people who have lost their jobs and retrained to administer covid tests and vaccines all have suffered loses and many caught covid in doing so

So I wouldn't say any of these people would be selfish if they wanted a holiday abroad and an end to lockdown I'd say they deserved it

Or perhaps they should of all said stuff it we will stay at home safe and enjoy the lock down every man for themself

Without these people the deaths would of been much higher so after them working all year long so everyone remains safer go ahead begrudge them a pint with their mates or a foreign holiday with their family and a chance of some normality

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Stage 3

I looks likely that Spain is going to introduce a vaccine passport, so if you have had both doses of the vaccine by three weeks before you are due to fly you will probably be OK."

Think they may say it now but once they realise it could limit families visiting and another year of lost revenue from no tourist's they may change their mind

Government say all adults first vaccine by July that would prob mean most people under 50 will of only had one shot

Unless private medical centres are allowed to buy vaccines and sell to public

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'd rather be in lockdown than the alternative. I'm not happy. I'm sacrificing for the greater good.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"I'd rather be in lockdown than the alternative. I'm not happy. I'm sacrificing for the greater good."

The greater good would be go train to vaccinate or test that way more could be vaccinated quicker or stop the spread by testing help do your bit

Can't say others are selfish or putting people at risk by doing a job they can't do from home and wanting a break at the end of it

over a year ago

"

You've just tipped the schools off to bring in a clause on the last 2 weeks of summer holidays

Summer ones don't worry me, it's Asia for Xmas 2021, that would cut into term time, with a quarantine, for us.

I know our head teacher wouldn't have an issue personally, she knows how travelling can be beneficial and educational.

Theoretical, I could take him off the role but as council fines apply to "be on holiday in term time", not, at home but grounded

Time will tell "

Well it's looking like Thailands prime minister is giving some strong consideration to allow covid vaccine passports to allow tourists without the quarantine.

So you might get your wish for the back end of this year

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'd rather be in lockdown than the alternative. I'm not happy. I'm sacrificing for the greater good.

The greater good would be go train to vaccinate or test that way more could be vaccinated quicker or stop the spread by testing help do your bit

Can't say others are selfish or putting people at risk by doing a job they can't do from home and wanting a break at the end of it"

I'm doing everything I can. In my case, that mostly involves no human contact to stop the spread of disease.

I don't blame anyone for wanting this to be over. This has been awful. We all want this to be over. I want to hug my mum, see people, etc. But I can't.

But I fail to see how "let's preserve life" is a wrong position. Unfortunately, if the pints and holidays of even the most hard working key workers results in more deaths and disability, then yes, I begrudge them.

And I'm not even remotely sorry.

We rebuild when we can, which we only can if we survive.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"I'd rather be in lockdown than the alternative. I'm not happy. I'm sacrificing for the greater good.

Can't say others are selfish or putting people at risk by doing a job they can't do from home and wanting a break at the end of it

I'm doing everything I can. In my case, that mostly involves no human contact to stop the spread of disease.

I don't blame anyone for wanting this to be over. This has been awful. We all want this to be over. I want to hug my mum, see people, etc. But I can't.

But I fail to see how "let's preserve life" is a wrong position. Unfortunately, if the pints and holidays of even the most hard working key workers results in more deaths and disability, then yes, I begrudge them.

We rebuild when we can, which we only can if we survive."

The Dr's n nurses are preserving life

Vaccinaters are preserving life

Testers are preserving life in fact anyone who is working that can't from home is helping preserve life in one way or another it doesn't mean they can't and shouldn't have something to look forward to whatever their pleasure is

Many have lost loved ones but continue to do what they have to so everyone else is safer

The virus ain't gonna disappear its gonna be with us always

How long should we remain in lockdown watching friends family contract it and die by doing what they do for a living before we decide the vaccines are protecting the vulnerable and most of us are getting mild symptoms so we must get on with life and enjoy the time we have

I feel sorry for the key workers who have done their job during this time only to of possibly infected loved ones causing deaths but they are expected to carry on

And now people ain't still happy we are one of the top countries for vaccinations and are going great many elderly have recieved their second dose so let's have something to look forward to time with friends and family

That's not selfish and that ain't causing more deaths

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

The only life your preserving is your own

If your not going shopping or out at all that's great but don't say its to stop you infecting others when you clearly know your not infected as you've not mixed with anyone

If you Happy to look after number one and stay isolated then good on you but you can't slate others for wanting some normality back

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Testers are preserving life in fact anyone who is working that can't from home is helping preserve life in one way or another it doesn't mean they can't and shouldn't have something to look forward to whatever their pleasure is

Many have lost loved ones but continue to do what they have to so everyone else is safer

How long should we remain in lockdown watching friends family contract it and die by doing what they do for a living before we decide the vaccines are protecting the vulnerable and most of us are getting mild symptoms so we must get on with life and enjoy the time we have

I feel sorry for the key workers who have done their job during this time only to of possibly infected loved ones causing deaths but they are expected to carry on

And now people ain't still happy we are one of the top countries for vaccinations and are going great many elderly have recieved their second dose so let's have something to look forward to time with friends and family

That's not selfish and that ain't causing more deaths "

When the NHS is no longer overwhelmed. Let's stop giving the doctors and nurses PTSD.

When many more people are fully vaccinated.

When the risk of long term effects is significantly reduced.

I don't care if you think it isn't selfish. I really don't.

Sure. I'm a bed wetting lockdown enthusiast. As much as you think a pint with your mates is worth someone else's suffering, PTSD, death.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

... this is a long way from the original point.

I want this over. When it's safe.

This strategy *may* provide a way. If we stay the course.

We have to be patient and careful.

I want everyone to have their holidays and pints and everything. I really do.

I want most of us to survive, with minimal disability and PTSD.

This means being cautious.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

That's not selfish and that ain't causing more deaths

When the NHS is no longer overwhelmed. Let's stop giving the doctors and nurses PTSD.

When many more people are fully vaccinated.

When the risk of long term effects is significantly reduced.

I don't care if you think it isn't selfish. I really don't.

Sure. I'm a bed wetting lockdown enthusiast. As much as you think a pint with your mates is worth someone else's suffering, PTSD, death. "

I don't drink so pubs don't bother me

PTSD can be helped by time out of stressful situations so let them have a holiday

Figures have dropped new medication out to limit people needing ventilation

Vaccine figures shown to prevent transmission

If your happy to stay locked away that's fine but don't slate others who have done their bit and are still doing it to want a break from the stress and unwind whichever way they choose

There are many people who are totally afraid to go out and want to stay out of the virus range and it's fine to do so but don't preach to others saying they will put people at risk by taking a holiday or taking a pub lunch when they are the people at most risk every day doing their jobs

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

PTSD is not cured by holidays

I hope we protect the key workers, and everyone else. Which means proceeding carefully.

I'm not sorry if that troubles you.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

I appreciate your afraid and are so many

I worry every day I go to work that I could catch it or bring it home to my family

I can only hope if I do catch it that it's a mild version

I'm working more hours to cover people who are off sick all I want is the rest of my life to be a little more normal I want some release and to be able to enjoy time with my family

Instead I'm just working none stop

With the risk of catching the virus I'm some form I'm sorry if I come across as selfish but there's more to life than work

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

PTSD is stress bought on by constant bombardment of day to day activities that lead to traumatic experiences

Breaks from this whether it be holidays or just changing the norm can help reduce the effects

I'm currently on medication for PTSD and constant working isn't helping I suffer a lot less when I'm relaxed

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I appreciate your afraid and are so many

I worry every day I go to work that I could catch it or bring it home to my family

I can only hope if I do catch it that it's a mild version

I'm working more hours to cover people who are off sick all I want is the rest of my life to be a little more normal I want some release and to be able to enjoy time with my family

Instead I'm just working none stop

With the risk of catching the virus I'm some form I'm sorry if I come across as selfish but there's more to life than work "

I'm not afraid. I don't go out enough to be at personal risk.

I want to stop people dying.

But thank you for downplaying my desire to protect people from death and disability as irrational

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

And so do everyone doing there jobs

And if they want some normality soon then they should have something to look forward to without being judged

Like I said others have retrained to help on the front lines there the ones helping there the ones suffering stress

There's nothing really more to say you think your doing your part and that's your opinion

But every person working also have there's and I think they need a break from it all

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hope you get your break. I mean that.

I just want it to be safe. For you. For everyone.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

So do we

And keep doing what your doing and stay safe I wouldn't wish bad health on anyone so I do mean the stay safe

To be fair I enjoy our conflicting arguments

The world would be boring if we were all the same

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

"

Well it's looking like Thailands prime minister is giving some strong consideration to allow covid vaccine passports to allow tourists without the quarantine.

So you might get your wish for the back end of this year "

Ooooo better late than never maybe

I've still got thb 20,000+ sat in the fire proof box

over a year ago

""

So you might get your wish for the back end of this year "

Ooooo better late than never maybe

I've still got thb 20,000+ sat in the fire proof box "

That's a good start...but if you've been before you'll know to change the £s when your there. And at 42.5 at the mo...let's hope it stays that way

over a year ago

"What about travel to second homes ? "

Same as self catering....12th April

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

It's not even Safe when their is still deaths daily only those with half a brain cell would consider about travel it's a global pandemic this should set alarm bells we shouldn't even be opening up when cases of deaths and people being infected

over a year ago

"It's not even Safe when their is still deaths daily only those with half a brain cell would consider about travel it's a global pandemic this should set alarm bells we shouldn't even be opening up when cases of deaths and people being infected "

We will still see high numbers because the majority of people don't lose their lives until at least 3 weeks after symptoms start. Infection rates and hospital admissions are way down.

By *lamourpussyCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

"Stage 3

I looks likely that Spain is going to introduce a vaccine passport, so if you have had both doses of the vaccine by three weeks before you are due to fly you will probably be OK.

Think they may say it now but once they realise it could limit families visiting and another year of lost revenue from no tourist's they may change their mind

Government say all adults first vaccine by July that would prob mean most people under 50 will of only had one shot

Unless private medical centres are allowed to buy vaccines and sell to public "

Apparently Spain and Greece are the two countries that are pushing hardest for the EU to introduce the vaccine passport as they recognise that is the only way they are going to get any visitors. Agree it will severely limit the number of those who can travel though.

I don’t think there is any chance that private medical centres will be able to buy vaccines in the UK and if they did it may actually slow down the vaccine rollout.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Again will this not be driven by insurance. Will you get travel insurance with out a jab. 

And would you need both Jabs.

And in time possibly a booster.

Post new Message to Thread