Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

12 months of vaccinating

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep.

Spanish flu was a few years of hardship. People forget that.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

[Removed by poster at 21/02/21 23:36:47]

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

No... But we'll on its way. Don't forget even if we get 100 per cent of our own problems sorted out... The rest of the world and in particular the less developed if that is the correct expression have not even started in many cases. There will be another lock down if we open up in march. Community rates are 20 times too high.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hope so but I fear not

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"12 months of vaccinating "

No as the world will not all be vaccinated to be back to pre covid you will have full international travel and people from all over the world coming to the UK spending money.

The Saudi Arabia's come for 6 to 8 weeks and spend so mush won't happen that quick have seen them book a hole floor at the Dorchester silly money

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"No... But we'll on its way. Don't forget even if we get 100 per cent of our own problems sorted out... The rest of the world and in particular the less developed if that is the correct expression have not even started in many cases. There will be another lock down if we open up in march. Community rates are 20 times too high. "

Totaly agree talk is school first 8th of March

over a year ago

Normal in the UK maybe..

By *ustforfun49Man
over a year ago

chesterfield

"Normal in the UK maybe.. "

Let's hope so more staycations

over a year ago

Yeah going abroad on holiday doesn't bother me.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Hope so!

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Yeah going abroad on holiday doesn't bother me. "

So you happy for them to come hear as in American, Saudi Arabian, China's, the rich wold

over a year ago

"Yeah going abroad on holiday doesn't bother me.

So you happy for them to come hear as in American, Saudi Arabian, China's, the rich wold "

They can do what they like. I didn't say I was happy about it, I just can't be arsed with a holiday abroad.

So long as they're tested then let them bring some money here.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There will probably be much of our standard infrastructure and services back by then, I assume. The NHS is challenged with a massive backlog, so it won't be full life as it used to be. International travel will potentially still be difficult, quarantine hotels, tests before each flight leg etc. We will have come through the winter which we will find the most challenging again, so if we get through it, with low levels of problems, it will be a success. If.

As others state, the rest of the world is in a different place. Mutations may arise that continue to challenge things. Worst case, variants get in that cause major problems next winter, challenging revaccination efforts and overwhelming the NHS, which won't have caught up with its backlog.

over a year ago

Sorry but no things will not be back to normal

Later today the PM will try and set out an agenda to open up those parts of society where large numbers of people mix

Many will not have been vaccinated and these gatherings - in school, in a pub, in a cinema

Etc will provide a opportunity for the virus to mutate

I'm sorry but the media need to STOP raising expectations- lockdown no 4 - august bank holiday I guess

By *asIsaCouple
over a year ago

harrow

"Yep.

Spanish flu was a few years of hardship. People forget that. "

This isn’t Spanish flu which mutated and weakened. A coronavirus is far less likely to weaken from what I understand . So no we won’t be back to normal for a very long time - if at all.

Can you, for example see 90000 people at Wembley Stadium in a year to watch football or say several thousand in the O2 to see a show?

No chance

over a year ago

so are you saying these places should never open again?

the power of the crowd will re emerge

d

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Yep.

This isn’t Spanish flu which mutated and weakened. A coronavirus is far less likely to weaken from what I understand . So no we won’t be back to normal for a very long time - if at all.

Can you, for example see 90000 people at Wembley Stadium in a year to watch football or say several thousand in the O2 to see a show?

No chance "

O2 is 20 thousand

Theater royal is 3 thousand like most London theatres 2.5 to 3.5 thousand but most need tourists to make it pay.

Lion king dress circle £175each £700 for a family of 4

over a year ago

"Yep.

No chance "

I was Just pointing out that it took a few years. And so after one of this, people really shouldn’t be looking for the exit. So making the same point you were.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Sorry but no things will not be back to normal

Later today the PM will try and set out an agenda to open up those parts of society where large numbers of people mix

Many will not have been vaccinated and these gatherings - in school, in a pub, in a cinema

Etc will provide a opportunity for the virus to mutate

I'm sorry but the media need to STOP raising expectations- lockdown no 4 - august bank holiday I guess "

Can I thank you for that.

Lock down 4 should be a number not a date if R is at 1.2 lock down.

The virus is like a fire once it has got hold it hard to get back under control.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"so are you saying these places should never open again?

the power of the crowd will re emerge

d"

They will reopen but at massive cost ticket price will be up as demand will be up. It's going to be so hard to open venues up till R is down to 0.5 and most are vacenated

over a year ago

indeed. but it will happen. for the good of society. we will learn to live with it through vaccination

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"indeed. but it will happen. for the good of society. we will learn to live with it through vaccination "

I do hope so

So miss theater but when you work in one you realise at least 50% are tourists well in the to 20 ones that is it's the tourists that pay so the rest can afford it. Or it like birthday treat etc

How often did you go to a big venue 2000 or more

over a year ago

worked in venues too... miss work and being a punter so bad

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

No, don't think it will be.

Post new Message to Thread