Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

I'm sure I have the virus

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

But I can still smell, taste and get horn. Is this common? And how long do it last?

Please tell me here

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Check the NHS website. Not everyone gets symptoms and which they get varies. Isolate

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

doesn't sound like you have it

over a year ago

I didn't lose my taste and smell till about day 6.

My taste went funny on day 3 before where I just had a weird taste in my mouth all day and my food just tasted slightly sour.

The next day I was fine it was back to normal then on day 5 I totally lost my taste but still had my smell, Day 6 I totally lost my smell.

My taste started returning on day 8 but my smell didn't return till about day 12.

It varies from everybody because not everybody loses taste and smell and for some people it lasts about 4 days and for others it can last months.

My advice is if you think you have symptoms get a test and self isolate.

over a year ago

I had a high temperature only for about 3 hours which is why I got a test because I've been contacted by track and trace the day before but other than that I didn't lose my taste and smell for days like I said. I didn't have any other symptoms.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Get tested help every one the ones you love and the ones you don't

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

What has getting the horn got to do with it?

By *ndulge101Couple
over a year ago

Village life in West Yorks

Headache aching muscle and dizziness and eye balls feel like there on fire

That’s two positive this week n just thought it was flu

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"I didn't lose my taste and smell till about day 6.

My taste went funny on day 3 before where I just had a weird taste in my mouth all day and my food just tasted slightly sour.

The next day I was fine it was back to normal then on day 5 I totally lost my taste but still had my smell, Day 6 I totally lost my smell.

My taste started returning on day 8 but my smell didn't return till about day 12.

It varies from everybody because not everybody loses taste and smell and for some people it lasts about 4 days and for others it can last months.

My advice is if you think you have symptoms get a test and self isolate."

Yet looking back wine was more soure.

For me I like you just new got tested. Possative the wife a A&E nurse said it's a fulse possative big argument later and yes she was possative. We need to test more more often. Had no syimtoms for days 2 weeks it flared up my ostioathriters but hope to be back to work Monday.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Had the most bastard annoying cough last night. No sleep what’s so ever and spent the night sweating away. Got a little worried I may have picked it up.

Feel normal today and can taste my beer

By *inky SpiceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"But I can still smell, taste and get horn. Is this common? And how long do it last?

Please tell me here "

I think it's roughly about half the people who get symptoms that lose their senses of taste and smell, so you can't rely on that to tell if you have the virus. You should get tested, although even the test isn't very reliable, about 70% accurate I've read.

over a year ago

"What has getting the horn got to do with it? "

Blood flow

over a year ago

Well I tested positive and to start with all I had was a headache then just felt totally drained but that was it no other symptoms yet tested positive for covid a few months back and got tested just from the headache so be careful everyone’s different

over a year ago

I sent away for a test

By *ir-spunk-alotMan
over a year ago

dorset

Have you been living under a rock for the past year?

Surely you would know the symptoms, how they effect people differently and what the procedure is if you think you have covid.

The mind boggles.

over a year ago

"Have you been living under a rock for the past year?

Surely you would know the symptoms, how they effect people differently and what the procedure is if you think you have covid.

The mind boggles."

I heard it affects people in different ways

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Well I tested positive and to start with all I had was a headache then just felt totally drained but that was it no other symptoms yet tested positive for covid a few months back and got tested just from the headache so be careful everyone’s different

"

All I had in the first days was a runny nose WHO has now added this

over a year ago

"Have you been living under a rock for the past year?

The mind boggles.

I heard it affects people in different ways "

It does I know people that tested positive that had none of 3 main symptoms just a headache.

Others had all of them so You have done the right thing by ordering a test.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

The truth is we should just be testing more more often I'd like to a tent out side tesco and to go in you sow ID phone method of payment what ever and get tested so would be like most every week you would get the form stamped with a date if you go again you show form and don't get tested simple

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

I've just recovered after a mild bout with no classic symptoms at all, just a few weird things that, because I know my body well, drove me to get a test.

Severe pain under both shoulder blades and both hip joints.

A mild headache that went on for three days. I only ever get migraines, not headaches.

Aversion to food for three days.

Diarrhoea for a day.

Hoarse voice for two days.

A couple of temp spikes.

Lethargy.

I lost taste and smell at around day 10, it started to return after two days and is almost fully back after two weeks.

Five days after my isolation ended, I nipped out to shop and went a bit wobbly a couple of times but after two weeks off I'm back at work and feeling fine.

If you use the C19 Zoe app, you'll know that they are asking for more symptoms to be added to the list.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"I've just recovered after a mild bout with no classic symptoms at all, just a few weird things that, because I know my body well, drove me to get a test.

Severe pain under both shoulder blades and both hip joints.

A mild headache that went on for three days. I only ever get migraines, not headaches.

Aversion to food for three days.

Diarrhoea for a day.

Hoarse voice for two days.

A couple of temp spikes.

Lethargy.

I lost taste and smell at around day 10, it started to return after two days and is almost fully back after two weeks.

Five days after my isolation ended, I nipped out to shop and went a bit wobbly a couple of times but after two weeks off I'm back at work and feeling fine.

If you use the C19 Zoe app, you'll know that they are asking for more symptoms to be added to the list."

When I tested possative I done a post about just having a runny nose now I have sineasitus but this was different so got tested am now one week clear but had a a problem with a joint keeping me off work.

I guess for sum you do just know you did so did I and with the wife working in A&E was more alert anyway.

But we need to just test more

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Check the NHS website. Not everyone gets symptoms and which they get varies. Isolate "

No..

Don't use the professional services available, ask on a swingers site..

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I've had the virus and had absolutely no symptoms. I have a feeling this is a piss take thread but if not then isolate and get tested.

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"What has getting the horn got to do with it? "

Isn't it one of the symptoms?

By *ark Knight 2017Man
over a year ago

Ware

"The truth is we should just be testing more more often I'd like to a tent out side tesco and to go in you sow ID phone method of payment what ever and get tested so would be like most every week you would get the form stamped with a date if you go again you show form and don't get tested simple "

Have you gone mad?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I sent away for a test "

Congratulations, that's the wise approach. It's how we will stop this virus spreading

By *yn drwgMan
over a year ago

Camarthen

Why don't you just get a test, very easy now don't rely on fab to give you an answer!

over a year ago

If you think you have it & continue your daily routine & dont have a test then you are part of the problem as to why we are still in lockdown.Too many think they had it (and probably did) and carried on as normal not getting a test.

over a year ago

"I sent away for a test

Congratulations, that's the wise approach. It's how we will stop this virus spreading "

I'm not sure how me knowing that I definitely have the virus will help stop the virus from spreading.

If it wasn't for people telling me to get tested I wouldn't of sent for the test because I've been isolating any. It will be here tommorrow and I'm pretty sure it's only going to confirm what I already know.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

But you the can add to tracing how you have had contact with and slow down a hole line of infection

over a year ago

"I sent away for a test

Congratulations, that's the wise approach. It's how we will stop this virus spreading

I'm not sure how me knowing that I definitely have the virus will help stop the virus from spreading.

If it wasn't for people telling me to get tested I wouldn't of sent for the test because I've been isolating any. It will be here tommorrow and I'm pretty sure it's only going to confirm what I already know. "

You’re being obtuse. If you think you may have a C 19 infection then follow the precautionary measures set out in the NHS guidance.

over a year ago

Some of us may have had Covid yes without even knowing we had and others are carriers without ever developing symptoms

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I can't believe with all the information and access to testing people are still ignoring symptoms.

Far better to err on the side of caution than just leave it and potentially infect others.

over a year ago

"I can't believe with all the information and access to testing people are still ignoring symptoms.

Far better to err on the side of caution than just leave it and potentially infect others."

How would I infect others if I'm not going anywhere

over a year ago

"I can't believe with all the information and access to testing people are still ignoring symptoms.

Far better to err on the side of caution than just leave it and potentially infect others.

How would I infect others if I'm not going anywhere "

Just take the test and seek medical help if your symptoms worsen.

over a year ago

Don't feed....

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Don't feed...."

Me too much cake cos I'm already a chubster?!

over a year ago

"Don't feed...."

Noted

over a year ago

"Don't feed....

Me too much cake cos I'm already a chubster?! "

Cake is acceptable

over a year ago

A cake?

Or many lol

over a year ago

Don't feed what

over a year ago

"Don't feed what "

Your ego and neediness

over a year ago

I only lost my taste and smell had no other symptoms.....louisea

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I only lost my taste and smell had no other symptoms.....louisea "

Same here. You could have fed me any old cake and I'd never have known! It was very odd.

over a year ago

"Don't feed what

Your ego and neediness"

This is a forum. Can't I talk here

over a year ago

"Don't feed what

Your ego and neediness

This is a forum. Can't I talk here

"

Yep

By *ustforfun49Man
over a year ago

chesterfield

"Well I tested positive and to start with all I had was a headache then just felt totally drained but that was it no other symptoms yet tested positive for covid a few months back and got tested just from the headache so be careful everyone’s different

"

I felt like that a couple of weeks ago so rang 119 but they would not send me for a test because I didn't have a cough or a high temperature.

By *hoco DMan
over a year ago

Clapham

"I sent away for a test

If it wasn't for people telling me to get tested I wouldn't of sent for the test because I've been isolating any. It will be here tommorrow and I'm pretty sure it's only going to confirm what I already know.

You’re being obtuse. If you think you may have a C 19 infection then follow the precautionary measures set out in the NHS guidance."

I'm done

"Taxi!"

Post new Message to Thread