Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Work from home tax rebate

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has everyone working from home claimed their tax rebate yet?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

Think it may not be that easy . As you may have to prove that one of your rooms at home is and office

over a year ago

Went on website. Typed on National insurance number. Dates. Done.

https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-employees/working-at-home

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

"Think it may not be that easy . As you may have to prove that one of your rooms at home is and office "

You don’t.

over a year ago

Worth £6pm.. oh look. Who said they couldn’t afford dav membership the other day?

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Was surprised at how easy it was.

By *uriouslatexTV/TS
over a year ago

Norfolk

Either your employer pays you upto £6 per week for working from home tax free. Or if no paid expenses, you can claim the 20% tax back, so £1.20 per week from the taxman.

Either way, it's worth doing. Remember it's for people that have been asked to work from home, and not volunteered to do it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i dont know if they are doing a rebate for it or just adjusting tax codes - probably not high enough value for most people to bother with the extra admin of issuing cheques

mine was just a tax code adjustment

im intrigued to see what my annual power bill comes out at though because i doubt £1.20 a week has even touched the sides of the increase

the tax relief on £6 a week is the value anyone can claim without having to provide numerical evidence , however if you can prove that the cost to you is higher then you can claim on the higher value as long as you keep the receipts for 7 years

realistically since the tax rebate is only for 20% of the cost and employers are saving 100% of the costs in their closed empty offices i feel like they should be reimbursing you the 100% and claiming back the 20% themselves, its basically a company cost saving by pushing it out to employees

over a year ago

They adjusted my code.

Take a few mins. It’s worth it.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"i dont know if they are doing a rebate for it or just adjusting tax codes - probably not high enough value for most people to bother with the extra admin of issuing cheques

im intrigued to see what my annual power bill comes out at though because i doubt £1.20 a week has even touched the sides of the increase

the tax relief on £6 a week is the value anyone can claim without having to provide numerical evidence , however if you can prove that the cost to you is higher then you can claim on the higher value as long as you keep the receipts for 7 years

realistically since the tax rebate is only for 20% of the cost and employers are saving 100% of the costs in their closed empty offices i feel like they should be reimbursing you the 100% and claiming back the 20% themselves, its basically a company cost saving by pushing it out to employees "

So how much are you saving on commuting adding in train or car parking dose that not help balance things back out.

over a year ago

£150pm on fuel?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"£150pm on fuel?"

Well that's a good saving is it not and I guess time and the environment

over a year ago

10-12hrs a week saved. Diesel company car, so a) diesel not driving = awesome, but b) still lay my benefit in mind even though it hasn’t moved in 11months.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"10-12hrs a week saved. Diesel company car, so a) diesel not driving = awesome, but b) still lay my benefit in mind even though it hasn’t moved in 11months. "

I would bring up with your company and tax office about the car can you prove it has not moved for all of the 11 months as in mileage it is always good with a company car to keep a log of mialage or you could give it back to the office

over a year ago

I could have returned it, but then I getting it back may have been an issue.

over a year ago

"i dont know if they are doing a rebate for it or just adjusting tax codes - probably not high enough value for most people to bother with the extra admin of issuing cheques

realistically since the tax rebate is only for 20% of the cost and employers are saving 100% of the costs in their closed empty offices i feel like they should be reimbursing you the 100% and claiming back the 20% themselves, its basically a company cost saving by pushing it out to employees

So how much are you saving on commuting adding in train or car parking dose that not help balance things back out."

nothing, i live walking distance from the office and dont even own a car

over a year ago

If you’re still walking the the office you can’t chain the rebate anyway?

over a year ago

So how much are you saving on commuting adding in train or car parking dose that not help balance things back out.

nothing, i live walking distance from the office and dont even own a car "

besides companies dont pay employees for commute (if they do its a taxable benefit)

so even if i had saved money there its nothing to do with the company - they still have a direct cost saving for utilities in their offices which they have not passed over to employees knowing fine well they have an increased cost

over a year ago

"If you’re still walking the the office you can’t chain the rebate anyway?"

im not im working from - have been since the beggining of march last year - and its not a small company , we are talking probably 5000 employees all sent home

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"If you’re still walking the the office you can’t chain the rebate anyway?

im not im working from - have been since the beggining of march last year - and its not a small company , we are talking probably 5000 employees all sent home "

So you lucky you can walk to work but in return you don't gain as mush guess the only possative is you safe at home and have a job. But for the majority of commuters there are big savings. Hastings to London is £70 A day plus parking so I know lots down hear that are so much better off

over a year ago

"If you’re still walking the the office you can’t chain the rebate anyway?

im not im working from - have been since the beggining of march last year - and its not a small company , we are talking probably 5000 employees all sent home

So you lucky you can walk to work but in return you don't gain as mush guess the only possative is you safe at home and have a job. But for the majority of commuters there are big savings. Hastings to London is £70 A day plus parking so I know lots down hear that are so much better off "

oh yeah 100% happy to still be in a job, and realistically i can afford the extra utilities cost - its just more a point that we shouldn’t have to - companies are being opportunistic here - the longer this goes on it becomes a slow transition from home for covid to home permanently, and it allows companies to push some of their cost base out to employees through the back door

certainly people in my work mentioned it about september/ october when the heating was going on more - were told no change to staff benefits as wfh timeline not confirmed and now its pretty much forgotten about - we are probably talking about people heating and lighting their home an extra 40 hours a week for at least 6 months of the year, and plenty upgrading their broadband packages to cope with the requirements of home working - so not an insignificant value

the folk in london saving £70 a day are making a huge saving yes because when they started with the company the fact they had an expensive commute like that was in mind when negotiating salary and isnt blanket for all employees so those savings they make now should be straight in the bank rather than offsetting new costs they have

i am not suggesting people have wages reduced or anything like that - just that companies that care about their staff should be looking to reimburse staff for additional costs which they know are out of pocket, particularly when the company has likely a 100% reduction for the same cost

i reckon most though will hold off til they reduce office space and have to put home working into peoples contracts - before that they can just say we didn’t choose to send you home the govt did so we wont change benefits while its “temporary” (while knowing fine well they have no intention of bringing folk back)

i do also think that people are underestimating how the increase in remote working will impact the job market over the next 5-10 years - companies will start filling vacancies for remote workers outside of london as it makes no difference to them where the employee is and people more north are much cheaper in terms of wage market due to having a lower cost of living,

and for that reason the folk in london making a huge saving now should probably be putting that saving away for a rainy day when they try to move roles and find out they just became much less desirable to hire

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/02/21 19:50:25]

over a year ago

Well.. if anyone has to wear a work uniform, you can claim for washing that too lol

https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-employees/uniforms-work-clothing-and-tools

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Did it, the thingy said my tax code would be changed to reflect. No proof or anything asked for. Nothing about separate work rooms, just to enter the date WFH started.

over a year ago

And you don’t even have to buy me a drink

Work places have been.. slow or vague at telling v people.. as they have to pay for it.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Not yet - thanks for posting this thread, I expect many of us haven't.

My employer should pay a WFH allowance but isn't doing

over a year ago

"And you don’t even have to buy me a drink

Work places have been.. slow or vague at telling v people.. as they have to pay for it. "

nope - if you claim it from HMRC there is no cost to employer , its a tax relief so straight reduction to the tax you pay

if your work pay you the full cost they can claim the 20% from HMRC instead

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Work places have been.. slow or vague at telling v people.. as they have to pay for it.

nope - if you claim it from HMRC there is no cost to employer , its a tax relief so straight reduction to the tax you pay

if your work pay you the full cost they can claim the 20% from HMRC instead "

So are you looking for a pay rise to cover working from home. And how would you calculate this cost? Am now getting you live in London so living cost is hi

over a year ago

if your work pay you the full cost they can claim the 20% from HMRC instead So are you looking for a pay rise to cover working from home. And how would you calculate this cost? Am now getting you live in London so living cost is hi "

i think you are reading more into my post than what i have said or intended

i dont live in london and i haven’t asked for a pay rise , my post isnt about my finances, its about companies using covid as a backdoor for cost savings that are direct cost increases to their staff

the reason tax relief for this cost exists is because even HMRC agree its something its reasonable to expect the employer to cover and therefore they made it an allowable tax free staff benefit

if companies start covering their employees costs for working from home this wont classed as a pay rise it will be a new staff benefit

it doesn’t need to be calculated, HMRC have already estimated £6 per week and this is what they allow to be reimbursed tax free

instead companies all over the country are not providing it to their staff and the tax man is giving them £1.20 a week instead

over a year ago

It’s supposed to pay for additional electric, has, etc.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

if your work pay you the full cost they can claim the 20% from HMRC instead So are you looking for a pay rise to cover working from home. And how would you calculate this cost? Am now getting you live in London so living cost is hi

i dont live in london and i haven’t asked for a pay rise , my post isnt about my finances, its about companies using covid as a backdoor for cost savings that are direct cost increases to their staff

the reason tax relief for this cost exists is because even HMRC agree its something its reasonable to expect the employer to cover and therefore they made it an allowable tax free staff benefit

if companies start covering their employees costs for working from home this wont classed as a pay rise it will be a new staff benefit

it doesn’t need to be calculated, HMRC have already estimated £6 per week and this is what they allow to be reimbursed tax free

instead companies all over the country are not providing it to their staff and the tax man is giving them £1.20 a week instead "

So take the company to an employment trybunaral for the payment let them make a judgment

over a year ago

if your work pay you the full cost they can claim the 20% from HMRC instead So are you looking for a pay rise to cover working from home. And how would you calculate this cost? Am now getting you live in London so living cost is hi

instead companies all over the country are not providing it to their staff and the tax man is giving them £1.20 a week instead "

Side note. It’s not easy reading all these lower case I’s, please for god sake, use a capital where required.

over a year ago

I wouldn’t get so precious about £24 a month. All this energy for that amount is really not worth it. Speak to the tax office and it’s a tax benefit! Just think and it’s quite simple

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

instead companies all over the country are not providing it to their staff and the tax man is giving them £1.20 a week instead

I wouldn’t get so precious about £24 a month. All this energy for that amount is really not worth it. Speak to the tax office and it’s a tax benefit! Just think and it’s quite simple"

Its ok it should only cost the company 6x52 £312 oh each so about 1.5 million lock up the company at company's house what was the profit after tax last year to give you an idea Cameron Macintosh made £1.56 million after tax so you would wipe out the profit of 8 London theatres

over a year ago

I wouldn’t get so precious about £24 a month. All this energy for that amount is really not worth it. Speak to the tax office and it’s a tax benefit! Just think and it’s quite simple

Its ok it should only cost the company 6x52 £312 oh each so about 1.5 million lock up the company at company's house what was the profit after tax last year to give you an idea Cameron Macintosh made £1.56 million after tax so you would wipe out the profit of 8 London theatres "

It’s tax benifit. Tax. HMRC, it’s a state cost, not company expenses. Come on man!

over a year ago

I wouldn’t get so precious about £24 a month. All this energy for that amount is really not worth it. Speak to the tax office and it’s a tax benefit! Just think and it’s quite simple"

I’m an accountant , i know how tax benefits work and aware that its very simple to claim and again I don’t need the £24 a month but that wasn’t the point

I work for a company that has sent home approx 5000 people. That £24 a month equates to over £1.5 million a year - quite the high cost to the company no wonder they don’t pay it out you would assume, til you realise their operating expenses including rent & rates are about £300m per year, down from £500m the year before -they’ve saved £200m in operating costs by sending people home and rather than pay out a half percent of that, they are expecting the tax man and the employee to take the hit because only £24 a month is too petty for anyone to care about

and thats just 1 of the FTSE 500

its estimated 24 million people in the UK are now working from home , which is £576 million a month, staying in corporation pockets rather than paid out as taxable income that would then filter back into the economy, the £24 no longer seems so petty

over a year ago

" It’s tax benifit. Tax. HMRC, it’s a state cost, not company expenses. Come on man! "

wrong

its an allowable staff benefit for tax purposes, meaning if a company pays it they can claim 20% tax relief from HMRC or if they don’t the employee can claim 20% tax relief from HMRC

the 80% is a cost to employee or employer depending on if it is reimbursed or not

over a year ago

" It’s tax benifit. Tax. HMRC, it’s a state cost, not company expenses. Come on man!

wrong

its an allowable staff benefit for tax purposes, meaning if a company pays it they can claim 20% tax relief from HMRC or if they don’t the employee can claim 20% tax relief from HMRC

the 80% is a cost to employee or employer depending on if it is reimbursed or not "

I’ve heard peoples tax codes been changed? So that’s HMRC? Right?

over a year ago

Its ok it should only cost the company 6x52 £312 oh each so about 1.5 million lock up the company at company's house what was the profit after tax last year to give you an idea Cameron Macintosh made £1.56 million after tax so you would wipe out the profit of 8 London theatres "

1.5m is based on 5000 home working employees, theatre employees (if cameron mackintosh even has 5000 of them) are on furlough which is not the same thing, the numbers you have pulled make no sense

over a year ago

" It’s tax benifit. Tax. HMRC, it’s a state cost, not company expenses. Come on man!

wrong

the 80% is a cost to employee or employer depending on if it is reimbursed or not

I’ve heard peoples tax codes been changed? So that’s HMRC? Right? "

you were so sure it takes no thought and was simple so you tell me ?

your tax code will be changed to allow 20% of the £6 per week allowance to become income you no longer pay tax (on if your employer has not reimbursed you) meaning you will pay £1.20 per week less tax

over a year ago

wrong

your tax code will be changed to allow 20% of the £6 per week allowance to become income you no longer pay tax (on if your employer has not reimbursed you) meaning you will pay £1.20 per week less tax

"

Which is tax deductible on annual tax submissions, so they don’t pay it,

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Its ok it should only cost the company 6x52 £312 oh each so about 1.5 million lock up the company at company's house what was the profit after tax last year to give you an idea Cameron Macintosh made £1.56 million after tax so you would wipe out the profit of 8 London theatres

1.5m is based on 5000 home working employees, theatre employees (if cameron mackintosh even has 5000 of them) are on furlough which is not the same thing, the numbers you have pulled make no sense "

he has a lot more and most have lost jobs

Was just trying to you it as an example of how quick £6 would add up for a large company and as it s_ands next month they will be back to paying rats on the office space

over a year ago

1.5m is based on 5000 home working employees, theatre employees (if cameron mackintosh even has 5000 of them) are on furlough which is not the same thing, the numbers you have pulled make no sense he has a lot more and most have lost jobs

Was just trying to you it as an example of how quick £6 would add up for a large company and as it s_ands next month they will be back to paying rats on the office space "

I would loose sleep over it. Companies rob the tax payer and allowed to do it. This is insignificant in comparison

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

wrong

Which is tax deductible on annual tax submissions, so they don’t pay it, "

This is about trying to get the company to pay the £6 per week to each person not about the HMRC relief

over a year ago

wrong

Which is tax deductible on annual tax submissions, so they don’t pay it, "

i don’t think you understand how tax works

tax deductible means you can include it as an expense in your tax computation and in turn reduce the taxable profit balance you pay corporation tax on ... but corporation tax is 19% and you still paid 100% of the cost

so if you pay out £100 as a tax deductible expense, you reduced your tax bill by £19 ... but you still paid £100 so are net £81 out of pocket

over a year ago

wrong

This is about trying to get the company to pay the £6 per week to each person not about the HMRC relief "

I go out to work as a key worker every day. In excessive 10 homes with families in daily. Some of us don’t have the luxury of staying safe at home. I’m sure home workers save on meals, commutes and time, as no travel time required. They will save so much more now.

Moaning about £6 in the state we are in now, it’s disappointing.

over a year ago

wrong

tax deductible means you can include it as an expense in your tax computation and in turn reduce the taxable profit balance you pay corporation tax on ... but corporation tax is 19% and you still paid 100% of the cost

so if you pay out £100 as a tax deductible expense, you reduced your tax bill by £19 ... but you still paid £100 so are net £81 out of pocket "

Apologies, expenses.

over a year ago

wrong

This is about trying to get the company to pay the £6 per week to each person not about the HMRC relief

I go out to work as a key worker every day. In excessive 10 homes with families in daily. Some of us don’t have the luxury of staying safe at home. I’m sure home workers save on meals, commutes and time, as no travel time required. They will save so much more now.

Moaning about £6 in the state we are in now, it’s disappointing. "

and once again you’ve entirely missed the point

but its ok because the “i am a key worker” line seems to trump any other discussion point these days

over a year ago

wrong

Moaning about £6 in the state we are in now, it’s disappointing.

and once again you’ve entirely missed the point

but its ok because the “i am a key worker” line seems to trump any other discussion point these days "

Wasnt directed at you. Side note, your grammar is frustrating. In no means am I the grammar police, but come on.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

wrong

so if you pay out £100 as a tax deductible expense, you reduced your tax bill by £19 ... but you still paid £100 so are net £81 out of pocket "

But if the company you work for has a per tax profit on there last accounts witch you can look up of less then 1.5 million there now stuffed not knowing the company it's hard to gauge.

As I said Cameron Macintosh only made 1.56 million out of 8 London theatres and the profits on shows in 44 country's I use this as I know some thing of the business model.

You 5000 might get your £6 but how long would it be befor the company went broke with an extra 1.5 million a year going out off the bottom line

over a year ago

" Moaning about £6 in the state we are in now, it’s disappointing. "

"

ive already demonstrated how that £6 a week that neither me or you care about on its own, quickly becomes £576million per month , retained by corporations rather than injected back into the economy via their employees

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Sorry am an electrical engineer

When it covid safe I'll get you both in to rig a London show.

Oh am also dyslexic sorry for that

over a year ago

wrong

so if you pay out £100 as a tax deductible expense, you reduced your tax bill by £19 ... but you still paid £100 so are net £81 out of pocket

But if the company you work for has a per tax profit on there last accounts witch you can look up of less then 1.5 million there now stuffed not knowing the company it's hard to gauge.

As I said Cameron Macintosh only made 1.56 million out of 8 London theatres and the profits on shows in 44 country's I use this as I know some thing of the business model.

You 5000 might get your £6 but how long would it be befor the company went broke with an extra 1.5 million a year going out off the bottom line "

£1,500,000 per annum isn’t significant. Certainly not in comparison to Amazon and Starbucks no shame tax avoidance

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

So you must be in banking or insurance as they are the only business with bigger profits then entertainment

over a year ago

"Sorry am an electrical engineer

When it covid safe I'll get you both in to rig a London show.

Oh am also dyslexic sorry for that "

Perfect. I’m an electrician, I work on multiple core swa of all sizes. I’d like a break, that would do nicely

over a year ago

wrong

You 5000 might get your £6 but how long would it be befor the company went broke with an extra 1.5 million a year going out off the bottom line "

again , cameron mackintosh doesn’t have 5000 staff working from home , almost all of his staff are on furlough - its not a realistic example because this type or volume of cost would never be applicable to his business model

the company with 5000 home working employees which i provided an example of made a £200m cost SAVING by sending people home in the last year - they can afford the £1.5m

this wasn’t a hypothetical company , its a ftse 500 company

over a year ago

wrong

You 5000 might get your £6 but how long would it be befor the company went broke with an extra 1.5 million a year going out off the bottom line

again , cameron mackintosh doesn’t have 5000 staff working from home , almost all of his staff are on furlough - its not a realistic example because this type or volume of cost would never be applicable to his business model

the company with 5000 home working employees which i provided an example of made a £200m cost SAVING by sending people home in the last year - they can afford the £1.5m

this wasn’t a hypothetical company , its a ftse 500 company "

You said

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

wrong

Nether LW Productions or CM have claimed furlough. The point I'm trying to get across is how dose the company you work for absorb this extra cost.

So what was there pre tax profit last financial year you must have looked.

over a year ago

i don’t understand how you can disagree with what amazon and starbucks do but not see this is just another example of the same thing - keeping money out of the economy in favour of it going to their shareholders

over a year ago

"i don’t understand how you can disagree with what amazon and starbucks do but not see this is just another example of the same thing - keeping money out of the economy in favour of it going to their shareholders "

I didn’t

over a year ago

wrong

Nether LW Productions or CM have claimed furlough. The point I'm trying to get across is how dose the company you work for absorb this extra cost.

So what was there pre tax profit last financial year you must have looked."

they absorb it from the £200m cost saving made by closing offices

hugely reduced heat/ power in offices, lower rent where they have negotiated out of leases, no more printing and stationery costs (you would imagine this is minimal but was actually astronomical when 5000 people cant just nip to the printer 5 times a day) , no more staff travel between locations where they pay for transport, accommodation and meals - this added up to £200m saved

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

wrong

Ok So if they saved 200m take it to a trybunaral

Cos if they are saving £40,000 per person it will make the press look at it

over a year ago

wrong

So what was there pre tax profit last financial year you must have looked.

they absorb it from the £200m cost saving made by closing offices

hugely reduced heat/ power in offices, lower rent where they have negotiated out of leases, no more printing and stationery costs (you would imagine this is minimal but was actually astronomical when 5000 people cant just nip to the printer 5 times a day) , no more staff travel between locations where they pay for transport, accommodation and meals - this added up to £200m saved "

Fun

over a year ago

a tribunal has nothing to do with this, there is no breach of contract

i just think its morally wrong for companies to absorb the savings knowing the tax man is partially reimbursing their employees , the employee is taking the hit for the rest of the cost and with 24million home workers thats potentially 576 million per month being withheld from the economy

over a year ago

"a tribunal has nothing to do with this, there is no breach of contract

i just think its morally wrong for companies to absorb the savings knowing the tax man is partially reimbursing their employees , the employee is taking the hit for the rest of the cost and with 24million home workers thats potentially 576 million per month being withheld from the economy

"

Fun

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"

Not completely as on that 576 million they will have to part with 19% and the treasury will be glad of it

over a year ago

"

Fun"

your mature and worthwhile contribution to the discussion is welcomely received (twice) ... oh wait

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

I get the fat cats will profit or the company owners will but if 1.3 billion is paid in tax

Probably shear holders and some of that might be pension company's

over a year ago

Not completely as on that 576 million they will have to part with 19% and the treasury will be glad of it "

the treasury will appreciate 19% of that 9 months after the end of the company financial year

meanwhile its missing out on 20% of it right now by applying the tax relief directly onto employee tax codes

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

I go back to the point most office staff not all are better of not commuting but some you being one will come out worse off.

over a year ago

"

Fun

your mature and worthwhile contribution to the discussion is welcomely received (twice) ... oh wait "

No, you just went of topic. Maturity? How so? You have the written skills of a primary school infant. Just one from your last post. You are is you’re. Not your. Remember, full stop, new sentence, capital letter...?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Yes it is also missing out on tax from the 150,000 that have lost there jobs like me

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"

Fun

your mature and worthwhile contribution to the discussion is welcomely received (twice) ... oh wait

No, you just went of topic. Maturity? How so? You have the written skills of a primary school infant. Just one from your last post. You are is you’re. Not your. Remember, full stop, new sentence, capital letter...? "

Sorry did not really do school

Just started at the bottom and worked my way up till March that was

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Not completely as on that 576 million they will have to part with 19% and the treasury will be glad of it

the treasury will appreciate 19% of that 9 months after the end of the company financial year

meanwhile its missing out on 20% of it right now by applying the tax relief directly onto employee tax codes "

You say 9 months if the offices have been let go for all workers then it will carry on if they are saving £40,000 per person why would they go back to large offices at the cost of 200m just on the company you work for

over a year ago

"

Fun

No, you just went of topic. Maturity? How so? You have the written skills of a primary school infant. Just one from your last post. You are is you’re. Not your. Remember, full stop, new sentence, capital letter...? "

while i appreciate my typing is lazy and i type how i would talk rather than like a grammatical essay , grammar is not an indicator of maturity and people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones

“your worthwhile contribution” is not an abbreviation for you are

your is the correct word here - its known as a determiner and means

“ belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing”

over a year ago

meanwhile its missing out on 20% of it right now by applying the tax relief directly onto employee tax codes

You say 9 months if the offices have been let go for all workers then it will carry on if they are saving £40,000 per person why would they go back to large offices at the cost of 200m just on the company you work for "

we aren’t going back to the office full time ever - expecting reduced capacity office space which will be bookable and can meet with your team on a rota system maybe once per month max

the 9 months is just because tax bills are due 9months following end of financial year - the reality is because of the tax rules on this allowance hmrc ether reimburse the employer 20% or reimburse the employer 20% and never see the money either way - but via the company hmrc would still benefit from this delay (of up to 21 months which is the 12 months of the financial year then the 9 months after it the company has to pay their bill)

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"

Fun

No, you just went of topic. Maturity? How so? You have the written skills of a primary school infant. Just one from your last post. You are is you’re. Not your. Remember, full stop, new sentence, capital letter...?

while i appreciate my typing is lazy and i type how i would talk rather than like a grammatical essay , grammar is not an indicator of maturity and people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones

“ belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing”"

Wow that's me done now I can hear the crockral crowing as well fu k

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

You say 9 months if the offices have been let go for all workers then it will carry on if they are saving £40,000 per person why would they go back to large offices at the cost of 200m just on the company you work for

we aren’t going back to the office full time ever - expecting reduced capacity office space which will be bookable and can meet with your team on a rota system maybe once per month max

the 9 months is just because tax bills are due 9months following end of financial year - the reality is because of the tax rules on this allowance hmrc ether reimburse the employer 20% or reimburse the employer 20% and never see the money either way - but via the company hmrc would still benefit from this delay (of up to 21 months which is the 12 months of the financial year then the 9 months after it the company has to pay their bill) "

Sorry to make this worse but HMRC are giving lots of companies 12 months to pay as are companies house giving 12 months to file accounts

over a year ago

"

Fun

“ belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing”"

*mic drop*

over a year ago

the 9 months is just because tax bills are due 9months following end of financial year - the reality is because of the tax rules on this allowance hmrc ether reimburse the employer 20% or reimburse the employer 20% and never see the money either way - but via the company hmrc would still benefit from this delay (of up to 21 months which is the 12 months of the financial year then the 9 months after it the company has to pay their bill)

Sorry to make this worse but HMRC are giving lots of companies 12 months to pay as are companies house giving 12 months to file accounts "

yeah if you ask for an extension and say covid just now its automatically granted for 3 months

just realised i said employer or employer in last post too when it should have been employer or employee - sorry for confusion

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

the 9 months is just because tax bills are due 9months following end of financial year - the reality is because of the tax rules on this allowance hmrc ether reimburse the employer 20% or reimburse the employer 20% and never see the money either way - but via the company hmrc would still benefit from this delay (of up to 21 months which is the 12 months of the financial year then the 9 months after it the company has to pay their bill) "

I do hope you don't have to work to day.

Can I ask how old you are pm if you want

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Sorry to make this worse but HMRC are giving lots of companies 12 months to pay as are companies house giving 12 months to file accounts

yeah if you ask for an extension and say covid just now its automatically granted for 3 months

just realised i said employer or employer in last post too when it should have been employer or employee - sorry for confusion "

For me I just wish I could get back to working In theater but to be honest it properly won't happen for me at all

over a year ago

i will keep everything crossed for you that it does

i so miss the theatre

i am working tomorrow but sleep doesn’t really seem to be much of my schedule during lockdowns lol - made the mistake of having a coffee yesterday so worse than usual

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"i will keep everything crossed for you that it does

i so miss the theatre

i am working tomorrow but sleep doesn’t really seem to be much of my schedule during lockdowns lol - made the mistake of having a coffee yesterday so worse than usual "

Hay we can sleep all we want when we are dead

No with covid I don't think theater will be back till 2022

And will.be different At least LW Productions has spent 6milion on toilets in the 7 theatres

over a year ago

"i will keep everything crossed for you that it does

i so miss the theatre

i am working tomorrow but sleep doesn’t really seem to be much of my schedule during lockdowns lol - made the mistake of having a coffee yesterday so worse than usual

Hay we can sleep all we want when we are dead

No with covid I don't think theater will be back till 2022

And will.be different At least LW Productions has spent 6milion on toilets in the 7 theatres "

Sleep is one of the most important things you can do for both your physical and mental health.

Don't sleep enough and you will be dead.

By *ock69erMan
over a year ago

Middle o’ Fife

"Went on website. Typed on National insurance number. Dates. Done.

https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-employees/working-at-home"

I had no idea about this, I've just started working from home so followed the link, followed the instructions and it's done.

That's an extra £60(ish) a year now going into my new grandsons savings account. Nice one, ta very much

over a year ago

I had no idea about this, I've just started working from home so followed the link, followed the instructions and it's done.

That's an extra £60(ish) a year now going into my new grandsons savings account. Nice one, ta very much "

You’re welcome ^_^

By *ev_1Couple
over a year ago

Bickliegh

"Think it may not be that easy . As you may have to prove that one of your rooms at home is and office "
incorrect

over a year ago

nothing, i live walking distance from the office and dont even own a car

besides companies dont pay employees for commute (if they do its a taxable benefit)

so even if i had saved money there its nothing to do with the company - they still have a direct cost saving for utilities in their offices which they have not passed over to employees knowing fine well they have an increased cost "

shush don't mention been paid to commute is a taxable benifit some one might hear and I have been getting away with that one for years.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Think it may not be that easy . As you may have to prove that one of your rooms at home is and office incorrect"

No it's to help with electric and heating ETC

If you can get your company to pay the £6 A month then all good if not then HMRC give you tax relief on it

By *iguy for funMan
over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

That's an extra £60(ish) a year now going into my new grandsons savings account. Nice one, ta very much "

and a hundred quid a year on his and our tax bill as we pay it back - good one

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Wasn't it mentioned there will be a tax hike, if you stayed working from home after it was deemed safe to return to the office. Or has that been forgotten.

By *enithWoman
over a year ago

closer than you think

I claimed and my tax code was changed. Remember you need to claim again in new tax year

Post new Message to Thread