Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

can two people who have had the vaccine meet

Jump to newest

By *cottish_sissymaid OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Paisley

Just wondering if two people who have had the vaccine can they meet after lockdown obviously x.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

My thoughts would be no. I think the next step will be something along the lines of the rule of 6/tiers. Still important to carry on with social distancing.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Just wondering if two people who have had the vaccine can they meet after lockdown obviously x."

I don't see why not. They've both been vaccinated.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The rules and advice stays the same for those who had it.

They are not immune from catching it and if they have it, they can still be infectious to others, though probably not as infectious as if they hadn't had the vaccine

over a year ago

"The rules and advice stays the same for those who had it.

They are not immune from catching it and if they have it, they can still be infectious to others, though probably not as infectious as if they hadn't had the vaccine "

. That will always be the case forever more. However i’m pretty sure once vaccinated most oeople will quickly return to as near normal life as they can. The bedwetters can wring there hands and rant but it will happen.

over a year ago

"Just wondering if two people who have had the vaccine can they meet after lockdown obviously x.

I don't see why not. They've both been vaccinated. "

Because the vaccine doesn't stop either of you from contracting or transmitting the virus. It mitigates the severity of it within you, but remember, you and the person you meet will still be capable of transmitting it to others you come into contact with in your daily lives (who may not have the benefit of the vaccine yet). It also takes 2 to 3 weeks after your jab for the body to reach full protection, so until then you're not out of risk of severe symptoms.

By *aralewisCouple
over a year ago

South Yorkshire

No

You can’t still meet

Because even though they go on about vaccine they not enough data on if it even prevents you from catching it or spreading it

That’s the problem they not tested it long enough

So this vaccine they go on about not been thru the proper test

over a year ago

"Just wondering if two people who have had the vaccine can they meet after lockdown obviously x."

Absolutely NOT.

They can still catch and spread the virus

By *plpxp2Couple
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Definition of a vaccine;

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Not until we've hit herd immunity, assuming variants don't mess that up.

By *rx1Couple
over a year ago

North West Devon...

Does beggers belief

When adults have to ask what the Legislation is regarding meeting others is.

Just where have these people been. Surely OP this is a wind up right ?

When you need to ask on a swingers forum (bearing in mind that quite a few are ignoring the rules and meeting anyway)

Is it ok to meet.

Don't worry about the science path. Some of the experts on here, will lead down another path ( socially distanced of course) it is that other well know path, called the garden path.

Good luck.

By *reyyaMan
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

As I understand it. The vaccine gives you no protection against contracting the virus. It gives you no protection from passing it on. You may be carrying the virus but have no symptoms and no awareness of this fact and at the same time infecting others.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"Just wondering if two people who have had the vaccine can they meet after lockdown obviously x.

I agree but must be someone I know and trust to have definately have had vaccine

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

For now... no you can't meet up even if you have had the vaccine.

There has been a few glimmers of hope as there is now data to suggest that the vaccine does both help stop transmission and it does help stop you catching it... but the main thing it does is reduce symptoms to a level that should mean you dont get really sick with it.

It's too early to lift restrictions and most people have not had 2 doses of the vaccine as yet

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

I don't see why not. They've both been vaccinated.

Because the vaccine doesn't stop either of you from contracting or transmitting the virus. It mitigates the severity of it within you, but remember, you and the person you meet will still be capable of transmitting it to others you come into contact with in your daily lives (who may not have the benefit of the vaccine yet). It also takes 2 to 3 weeks after your jab for the body to reach full protection, so until then you're not out of risk of severe symptoms."

This

And to add to what you’ve said, most people have only received the first jab ( 1 dose)

You need a second dose to further reduce your chances of severe symptoms.

By *ookMan
over a year ago

london

It’s a real worry that the message and understanding of what the vaccine actually does and the protection that it offers as is obviously not understood by many people. The vaccine is not a cure for the disease that can kill you (and others) if you have it and pass it on! Eg continue the spread.

How is it that we can still be asking the question s can we meet, can we travel ? etc . Answers include ‘don’t see why not’. Education understanding and some common sense are required and double quick.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"It’s a real worry that the message and understanding of what the vaccine actually does and the protection that it offers as is obviously not understood by many people. The vaccine is not a cure for the disease that can kill you (and others) if you have it and pass it on! Eg continue the spread.

How is it that we can still be asking the question s can we meet, can we travel ? etc . Answers include ‘don’t see why not’. Education understanding and some common sense are required and double quick. "

Yeah saw the same on a thread yesterday. And as much as we find it unbelievable the thread can either be from an attention seeker or genuinely people don't have anywhere near enough understanding. As in all things education and communication is everything. I've said for a long time that we need a comms strategy to take away the need for these questions.

TV, radio, mail drop, text, social media, bus stops etc... Just get it done.

over a year ago

I shouldn't think so as both can still catch and spread it and it also depends on how much contact they've had with other people x

By *ookMan
over a year ago

london

I have literally slapped my forehead so many times in past days... one of my own family members came into contact with someone with the virus ( who had ‘a cold ‘- runny nose sore throat) and still went for a socially distanced walk with my family member... then tests positive. The infected person works in a supermarket as a manager and has continued to work ‘with the cold’ (prior to check). So now my family member is in isolation awaiting test... but it gets worse... she had taken a car trip with her mum who works in a school and when told of the possible infection still decided to go in to work as it was last day and even when I explained the situation and reasoning she said she understood and then promptly went shopping for my elderly mum who’s had the 1st dose vaccine ‘ so is totally protected’. Is it lack of understanding? Unclear guidelines? Or just plain old stupidly/no common sense?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

It dose seam strange children will be meeting in large numbers without a jab but my mum how has had the jab can't meet her groop of friends how have all now had the first jab.

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"Does beggers belief

When you need to ask on a swingers forum (bearing in mind that quite a few are ignoring the rules and meeting anyway)

Is it ok to meet.

Don't worry about the science path. Some of the experts on here, will lead down another path ( socially distanced of course) it is that other well know path, called the garden path.

Good luck.

"

And what about the experts who say different to SAGE ? Plenty of professors and professionals have differing opinions and strategies, yet these get ignored and branded as dangerous. There also seems to be this idea that the law is infallible and everything must be obeyed, yet again there's a plethora of information as to why these laws are more harmful than helpful, so why do we believe in politicians "truth" and not other professionals who are better versed in this field?

It's not wrong to question the establishment, its necessary and by not questioning them we open up a dangerous can of worms.

By *audyandMichaelCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Not until we've hit herd immunity, assuming variants don't mess that up."

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"I have literally slapped my forehead so many times in past days... one of my own family members came into contact with someone with the virus ( who had ‘a cold ‘- runny nose sore throat) and still went for a socially distanced walk with my family member... then tests positive. The infected person works in a supermarket as a manager and has continued to work ‘with the cold’ (prior to check). So now my family member is in isolation awaiting test... but it gets worse... she had taken a car trip with her mum who works in a school and when told of the possible infection still decided to go in to work as it was last day and even when I explained the situation and reasoning she said she understood and then promptly went shopping for my elderly mum who’s had the 1st dose vaccine ‘ so is totally protected’. Is it lack of understanding? Unclear guidelines? Or just plain old stupidly/no common sense? "

I did a post about 3 weeks back on this had a runny nose and tested positive. Luckily I got a test early to protect my work coleges but as pointed out a runny nose is not on the NHS list so it dose not count

That post got stoped by admin for fake news

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I have literally slapped my forehead so many times in past days... one of my own family members came into contact with someone with the virus ( who had ‘a cold ‘- runny nose sore throat) and still went for a socially distanced walk with my family member... then tests positive. The infected person works in a supermarket as a manager and has continued to work ‘with the cold’ (prior to check). So now my family member is in isolation awaiting test... but it gets worse... she had taken a car trip with her mum who works in a school and when told of the possible infection still decided to go in to work as it was last day and even when I explained the situation and reasoning she said she understood and then promptly went shopping for my elderly mum who’s had the 1st dose vaccine ‘ so is totally protected’. Is it lack of understanding? Unclear guidelines? Or just plain old stupidly/no common sense? "

I think it's some or all of what you say, plus twisting the rules or feigning ignorance to suit our own needs.

over a year ago

Well the concensus is stay locked up, don't ever go out. Don't see anyone ever and die lonely

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

No.

By *orth_hantscplCouple
over a year ago

camberley

You’re not allowed to, but if having the vaccine doesn’t allow you to see other people I can’t envisage when it will ever end? It’s never going to go away completely.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Well the concensus is stay locked up, don't ever go out. Don't see anyone ever and die lonely "

The only person who's said that is you.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"You’re not allowed to, but if having the vaccine doesn’t allow you to see other people I can’t envisage when it will ever end? It’s never going to go away completely. "

Herd immunity.

The studies indicate that vaccines reduce transmission, to the extent it's been studied.

If enough people are protected and reduce transmission, then Covid becomes a problem like measles (which is only a problem when herd immunity is jeopardised).

over a year ago

"Well the concensus is stay locked up, don't ever go out. Don't see anyone ever and die lonely "

That is our new normal

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

This is exactly how the virus spreads.

Some people just don’t take it seriously - which is sad.

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

The first dose only gets you to 65% resistant (after 3 weeks). But you can still spread it to others.

It's not going to be until the vast majority of the population have had the 2nd dose that gets you to 90% resistant that social distancing will ease.

Anybody trying to rush things before that is clueless prat with no common sense or social conscience.

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"You’re not allowed to, but if having the vaccine doesn’t allow you to see other people I can’t envisage when it will ever end? It’s never going to go away completely. "

Having the vaccine doesn’t allow you to see other people ‘at the moment’ while we are still in lockdown.

Once a good size of the population is vaccinated, restrictions will be eased to allow some interaction with others.

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"The first dose only gets you to 65% resistant (after 3 weeks). But you can still spread it to others.

It's not going to be until the vast majority of the population have had the 2nd dose that gets you to 90% resistant that social distancing will ease.

Anybody trying to rush things before that is clueless prat with no common sense or social conscience."

Before calling people clueless, it's worth noting that the gov.uk website is saying that the first dose is around 90% as opposed to your quote of just 65%.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The first dose only gets you to 65% resistant (after 3 weeks). But you can still spread it to others.

Anybody trying to rush things before that is clueless prat with no common sense or social conscience.

Before calling people clueless, it's worth noting that the gov.uk website is saying that the first dose is around 90% as opposed to your quote of just 65%.

"

Depends on the vaccine. I'm not sure of the specifics of each vaccine, but one dose reduces some and two more (where it's been studied).

Regardless, a person has not been fully vaccinated until two doses plus 2-3 weeks. Extremely few people are in this position. We need a sizeable proportion of the population in that position before things might be safe again.

By *ithintemptationsCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

You only live once and die once,make your own mind up..,never listen to a white collar...

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

Depends on the vaccine. I'm not sure of the specifics of each vaccine, but one dose reduces some and two more (where it's been studied).

Regardless, a person has not been fully vaccinated until two doses plus 2-3 weeks. Extremely few people are in this position. We need a sizeable proportion of the population in that position before things might be safe again."

The post was inaccurate. A simple search of gov data will give you proper answers. Pfizer is 90%, astra is 70%, first paragraph of the publication. By all means have a debate, but let's get the facts right before the scaremongering stats.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

The vaccine doesn’t stop you contracting, spreading or suffering from the virus.

What it does is greatly lessen your risk of dying.

This is first hand from my neighbour, who is a GP, got vaccinated, and still got it.

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"You only live once and die once,make your own mind up..,never listen to a white collar..."

The majority of people would like to prolong the living part and delay the dieing bit

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Regardless, a person has not been fully vaccinated until two doses plus 2-3 weeks. Extremely few people are in this position. We need a sizeable proportion of the population in that position before things might be safe again.

The post was inaccurate. A simple search of gov data will give you proper answers. Pfizer is 90%, astra is 70%, first paragraph of the publication. By all means have a debate, but let's get the facts right before the scaremongering stats. "

Ok, if you want to go with the government as the source of data, they say we don't know and you should keep social distancing. My "it'll help but not until lots more of us are vaccinated" is less scary, I would have thought. (It also says full course - two jabs)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-what-to-expect-after-vaccination/what-to-expect-after-your-covid-19-vaccination#can-you-give-covid-19-to-anyone-if-you-have-had-the-vaccine

"The vaccine cannot give you COVID-19 infection, and a full course will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill. We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk. So, it is still important to follow the guidance in your local area to protect those around you."

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

The post was inaccurate. A simple search of gov data will give you proper answers. Pfizer is 90%, astra is 70%, first paragraph of the publication. By all means have a debate, but let's get the facts right before the scaremongering stats.

Ok, if you want to go with the government as the source of data, they say we don't know and you should keep social distancing. My "it'll help but not until lots more of us are vaccinated" is less scary, I would have thought. (It also says full course - two jabs)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-what-to-expect-after-vaccination/what-to-expect-after-your-covid-19-vaccination#can-you-give-covid-19-to-anyone-if-you-have-had-the-vaccine

"The vaccine cannot give you COVID-19 infection, and a full course will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill. We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk. So, it is still important to follow the guidance in your local area to protect those around you.""

So what data do you suggest we follow then ?

I don't trust a single word coming from a politicians mouth anyway, not one of those pricks will ever give a straight answer. These people have created hysteria and mental health issues that are off the charts, but whilst they're all perched in their ivory towers the rest of us are suffering. Hancock got busted laughing at us last year, do you think he can be trusted?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The vaccine cannot give you COVID-19 infection, and a full course will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill. We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk. So, it is still important to follow the guidance in your local area to protect those around you."

I don't trust a single word coming from a politicians mouth anyway, not one of those pricks will ever give a straight answer. These people have created hysteria and mental health issues that are off the charts, but whilst they're all perched in their ivory towers the rest of us are suffering. Hancock got busted laughing at us last year, do you think he can be trusted? "

I don't trust the government, you're the ones who said that's the data to go by.

I don't know how to translate it to the wider population, but I sought out science communicators last year. Personally I listen to them.

My "listening to the government" for the last nine months or more has been a weekly flick through the BBC homepage to see if any laws have changed (because knowing laws I have to obey is my responsibility, even if I think they're full of shit).

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

If once having had the vaccine and if hypothetically it protected you 100%. You can still pass on the virus in the simple act of picking it up from a door handle or a shopping-trolley or a billion other ways and passing it to someone who hasn't yet had a vaccination.

Until the majority do then it really would be irresponsible to start meeting just because you think you and the person you are meeting are fine.

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

I don't trust a single word coming from a politicians mouth anyway, not one of those pricks will ever give a straight answer. These people have created hysteria and mental health issues that are off the charts, but whilst they're all perched in their ivory towers the rest of us are suffering. Hancock got busted laughing at us last year, do you think he can be trusted?

I don't trust the government, you're the ones who said that's the data to go by.

I don't know how to translate it to the wider population, but I sought out science communicators last year. Personally I listen to them.

My "listening to the government" for the last nine months or more has been a weekly flick through the BBC homepage to see if any laws have changed (because knowing laws I have to obey is my responsibility, even if I think they're full of shit)."

The ONS data is pretty infallible, even the non sage experts recognise it as gold standard, but the problem is how its delivered and who delivers it.

The law is an absolute sham, created by politicians who are completely out of touch with modern society. Ethics and common sense are all but gone in society as a means of governance, and people are now duped into trusting politicians and their ridiculous laws. I don't suggest that anyone breaks the law, but I do think people need to have a right to oppose the thinking behind them.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, I trust the ONS. I don't think it's infallible - nothing is - but I trust that it's of an acceptable standard.

What the law is and how one should proceed is a question of individual morality and ethics, to a point, and judgement of the situation. I don't think most people are equipped to make decisions on this scale (I'll include most politicians in this, given the mess they've made). I behave cautiously based on the evidence I see, and in line with the law (because I've got no interest in a record, not because I necessarily agree with it).

over a year ago

Absolutely NOT.

They can still catch and spread the virus "

Is this really True. I have heard it also. So the vaccine doesn't work or is it just a low percentage it's not effective for

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Absolutely NOT.

Is this really True. I have heard it also. So the vaccine doesn't work or is it just a low percentage it's not effective for"

The vaccines were tested for the most important and easiest thing: preventing severe disease and death. They do that really well (for the original, variants change things).

For some vaccines, they've gone back and looked to see if it stops you catching and spreading the virus. (My understanding is that most vaccines do not stop you catching things, they stop you getting sick and in most cases reduce or remove transmission risk)

The data so far shows that the vaccines tested (not all of them yet) reduce how much you can spread it.

If we get enough people vaccinated, then the risk plummets. That's what we need to aim for. (I don't know what percentage that is)

By *reyyaMan
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Blame Batman and Robin. Johnson and Hancock. For not speaking in clear English. With clarity. Implying that one is protected after having the vaccine. Some people may think they are being immunized. Some people may think the vaccine is the same as immunization. It is not. After the vaccine nothing changes. Before the vaccine you had a very slight chance of contracting the disease. After vaccine the chance of contracting the disease us even slighter.

I think we should stop using the term Covid 19 and call it what it is. A disease. Covid 19 is too friendly and cuddly a term to use.

It is a disease. It is the disease.

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

"

That's what a Doctor involved with the vaccination program said in a live interview on breakfast news yesterday morning. I trust him more than the government website. They haven't reacted quick enough or hard enough since this started.

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

"You only live once and die once,make your own mind up..,never listen to a white collar..."

Oh dear...

By *onandCouple
over a year ago

Cheadle

Our son is a Junior Doctor and says this will be here for a long time!

By *reyyaMan
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Our son is a Junior Doctor and says this will be here for a long time!"

Let us hope your son is...

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

That's what a Doctor involved with the vaccination program said in a live interview on breakfast news yesterday morning. I trust him more than the government website. They haven't reacted quick enough or hard enough since this started."

Turn it in. A doctor on TV is a better source than ONS data ?

No doubt that that the govt have been woeful, but it was the ONS data that actually showed Ferguson and co to be inadequate in the first place.

By *e CapCouple
over a year ago

Basingstoke

Those guys in third world countries most likely will not get any vaccine this year so plenty of time for the virus to mutate few more times. By the end of the year the vaccine could even become useless, better stay safe than be sorry. The government wants to end the lockdown because it run out of money not because is safe. Listen to the science.

By *igT 007Man
over a year ago

stevenage

My dad got the vaccine 2 weeks ago then was tested on Monday and now has cov-19 so I’m thinking the vaccine doesn’t work

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"Those guys in third world countries most likely will not get any vaccine this year so plenty of time for the virus to mutate few more times. By the end of the year the vaccine could even become useless, better stay safe than be sorry. The government wants to end the lockdown because it run out of money not because is safe. Listen to the science."

Listen to whose science ?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"My dad got the vaccine 2 weeks ago then was tested on Monday and now has cov-19 so I’m thinking the vaccine doesn’t work "

I'm sorry about your dad.

The vaccine is a two dose treatment, it's not 100% (because nothing is), and it takes time to work (2-3 weeks).

By *igT 007Man
over a year ago

stevenage

"My dad got the vaccine 2 weeks ago then was tested on Monday and now has cov-19 so I’m thinking the vaccine doesn’t work

The vaccine is a two dose treatment, it's not 100% (because nothing is), and it takes time to work (2-3 weeks). "

The joys of being a frontline key worker ( being a undertaker )

over a year ago

"My dad got the vaccine 2 weeks ago then was tested on Monday and now has cov-19 so I’m thinking the vaccine doesn’t work "

I'm sorry to hear that, but the vaccine takes 2-3 weeks to build up antibodies 1st fose, and same again 2nd dose to maximum potential. It could be your dad contracted it before his antibodies had built up, it doesn't mean the vaccine isn't working. As has been said countless times now, the vaccine doesn't prevent you from catching it, it helps mitigate the severity, hence the need to remain cautious.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

No

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple
over a year ago

Planet Ork

As said previously the vaccine doesn’t stop you catching the disease but it reduces its severity and stops you needing hospitalisation.

By *andb69Couple
over a year ago

leeds

Despite government hype only 1% of adults have so far been vaccinated. The 15m we hear so much about have only received the first dose. They are not yet vaccinated and it will be some time before they are.

over a year ago

This will b around for years and more likely will need to b vaccinated every year just like the flu jab

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple
over a year ago

Planet Ork

And unfortunately I’ve seen a lot of people die over the last 12 months. Try a shift in the itu ward, it might change your outlook.

over a year ago

"You only live once and die once,make your own mind up..,never listen to a white collar...

And unfortunately I’ve seen a lot of people die over the last 12 months. Try a shift in the itu ward, it might change your outlook."

This

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"My dad got the vaccine 2 weeks ago then was tested on Monday and now has cov-19 so I’m thinking the vaccine doesn’t work

The vaccine is a two dose treatment, it's not 100% (because nothing is), and it takes time to work (2-3 weeks).

The joys of being a frontline key worker ( being a undertaker ) "

I'm very sorry

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"This will b around for years and more likely will need to b vaccinated every year just like the flu jab"

What a small price to pay, to get us out of this mess.

By *igT 007Man
over a year ago

stevenage

The joys of being a frontline key worker ( being a undertaker )

I'm very sorry"

Don’t be sorry he is getting on with it and having a rest

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

So in a nut shell if we ate going to jab all adults every year it will be at least Easter 2025 befor we can meet up 1 on 1 as it will take this long to sort out maning 54m every year

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"So in a nut shell if we ate going to jab all adults every year it will be at least Easter 2025 befor we can meet up 1 on 1 as it will take this long to sort out maning 54m every year "

Nope. It will be when around 75% of the adult population have been vaccinated.

Which will probably be around late summer time.

over a year ago

You can do whatever you like, people make decisions based on their own circumstances. If you're asking will it be allowed under the guidance? then probably not for a while yet.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"You can do whatever you like, people make decisions based on their own circumstances. "

And that's exactly why we still have so much infection, illness and death.

12 months on and people still believe it's nothing to do with them - shocking.

over a year ago

Absolutely NOT.

Is this really True. I have heard it also. So the vaccine doesn't work or is it just a low percentage it's not effective for

The vaccines were tested for the most important and easiest thing: preventing severe disease and death. They do that really well (for the original, variants change things).

For some vaccines, they've gone back and looked to see if it stops you catching and spreading the virus. (My understanding is that most vaccines do not stop you catching things, they stop you getting sick and in most cases reduce or remove transmission risk)

The data so far shows that the vaccines tested (not all of them yet) reduce how much you can spread it.

If we get enough people vaccinated, then the risk plummets. That's what we need to aim for. (I don't know what percentage that is)"

Thanks for the info Much Appreciated

over a year ago

You can do whatever the hell you like

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"You can do whatever the hell you like"

Does this apply to all laws, or just Covid related laws?

over a year ago

Absolutely NOT.

They can still catch and spread the virus "

Are you a doctor or a scientist?

over a year ago

"You can do whatever you like, people make decisions based on their own circumstances.

12 months on and people still believe it's nothing to do with them - shocking."

Think thats an exaggeration. He said people can do what the hell they like based on their circumstances doesnt mean that they will randomly flout the law and rules. Too many keyboard warriors on here. So many experts wow

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"You can do whatever you like, people make decisions based on their own circumstances.

12 months on and people still believe it's nothing to do with them - shocking."

But as some have said it Could be a yearly jab would it not be time to start again by late summer

over a year ago

Probably not legally but in reality of course they will. The more people feel safe in themselves the less they will worry about everything and everybody else. When you give your kids the mmr jab you don’t keep them at honn MN e it’s the basic point of a vaccine.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I have to say I'm quite shocked, that after 12 months of 7 by 24 news feeds and this forum that at times goes into great detail, that there is still so much lack of understanding of what this vaccine does and doesn't do, and how the infection spreads and mutates. When I see some of them my natural response is its just rhetorical questions to stir things up but as this thread has developed it would seem there are quite a few people who have little understanding of the situation. And so if that's the case, you have to think there is a need for more and better education, communication and sharing of relevant information. If people genuinely don't understand we just have to be patient and try our best to explain better.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Think thats an exaggeration. He said people can do what the hell they like based on their circumstances doesnt mean that they will randomly flout the law and rules. Too many keyboard warriors on here. So many experts wow"

lol. People can do what the hell they like - actually means people can do what the hell they like.

And yes it does mean they will flout the law and rules.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

But as some have said it Could be a yearly jab would it not be time to start again by late summer "

We have flu injections every year - maybe more will do that in coming years - for the foreseeable future having a covid vax may/will become the norm too.

over a year ago

Not unless you form an exclusive bubble.

Having the vaccine does not mean we do not have to stick to current laws and rules.

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Absolutely NOT.

Are you a doctor or a scientist?"

Doesn’t have to be, simply the ability to read & understand...actually simpler than that...listen & understand.

By *ust some cock suckerMan
over a year ago

Preston

If there's no lockdown and no other restrictions then yes, if there's restrictions then it depends what the restrictions are

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

Any body can meet when restrictions lifted ha ha

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

I'm sorry to hear that, but the vaccine takes 2-3 weeks to build up antibodies 1st fose, and same again 2nd dose to maximum potential. It could be your dad contracted it before his antibodies had built up, it doesn't mean the vaccine isn't working. As has been said countless times now, the vaccine doesn't prevent you from catching it, it helps mitigate the severity, hence the need to remain cautious."

By *perfectpair5050Couple
over a year ago

marlbourgh

. The vaccine doesn’t stop you catching the virus that’s been said plenty of times it helps to stop you becoming seriously ill hope your dad makes a full recovery

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

Would have thought the obvious answer is yes. Otherwise what the hell is the point of it.

The more pertinant question is when. As implied by the OP, not until after lockdown is lifted and even then it'll be with imposed conditions for quite some time, probably all the way through till Christmas.

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

"My dad got the vaccine 2 weeks ago then was tested on Monday and now has cov-19 so I’m thinking the vaccine doesn’t work . The vaccine doesn’t stop you catching the virus that’s been said plenty of times it helps to stop you becoming seriously ill hope your dad makes a full recovery "

Well thats a bit of a sweeping statement. It may or may not be true.

Vaccine programmes can & have eradicated certain viruses. If vaccination never stopped you catching it, this wouldnt happen.

But it's all relative. And the experts are not entirely sure. But as you say if you do catch it the hope is your immune system will come on line much quicker. This should reduce your viral load making it less likely you'll spread it too.

What has been stated over and over, is that you remain at risk at least until around three weeks after the first dose, when the risk reduces, but maximum protection is not afforded until some time after the second dose. For the vulnerable, at the very least you should remain shielding until after the second dose.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

I honestly do not know what to say...............

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

No, which basically means there's no clue whatsover the vaccines do anything at all..

Hence the 5 months until the pubs open

Stay hidden behind the sofa, it's guaranteed to keep you safe.

2 months later, shit weather again and winter is here.

Enough is enough

By *cottish_sissymaid OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Paisley

Thanks everyone thats answered my question and no i wasn't on the windup i was only asking a question that others are probably thinking the same when i got the vaccine the doctor who gave me it said hopefully things can get back to normal sooner rather than later x

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

No, which basically means there's no clue whatsover the vaccines do anything at all..

Enough is enough"

Clearly yes, I mean obviously we have no idea if vaccines work, ever! & here is the government wasting time, money & resources putting a non working vaccine (or 3) into people’s bodies, whilst advising us to keep safe, I mean what are they thinking?

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

I'm confused. I thought vaccines were to reduce the spread of the virus.

If it's not doing what it's supposed to do why are we vaccinating nearly half a million people daily?

Perhaps I'm just a bit thick??

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I'm confused. I thought vaccines were to reduce the spread of the virus.

If it's not doing what it's supposed to do why are we vaccinating nearly half a million people daily?

Perhaps I'm just a bit thick?? "

To reduce the spread & severity of the virus..

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Enough is enough

Clearly yes, I mean obviously we have no idea if vaccines work, ever! & here is the government wasting time, money & resources putting a non working vaccine (or 3) into people’s bodies, whilst advising us to keep safe, I mean what are they thinking?"

Lol

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"Does beggers belief

Is it ok to meet.

Good luck.

And what about the experts who say different to SAGE ? Plenty of professors and professionals have differing opinions and strategies, yet these get ignored and branded as dangerous. There also seems to be this idea that the law is infallible and everything must be obeyed, yet again there's a plethora of information as to why these laws are more harmful than helpful, so why do we believe in politicians "truth" and not other professionals who are better versed in this field?

It's not wrong to question the establishment, its necessary and by not questioning them we open up a dangerous can of worms. "

I have seen very few professors and professionals who have any credibility put out alternative strategies though this! Can you name some so that I can educate myself..

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"Does beggers belief

Is it ok to meet.

Good luck.

It's not wrong to question the establishment, its necessary and by not questioning them we open up a dangerous can of worms.

I have seen very few professors and professionals who have any credibility put out alternative strategies though this! Can you name some so that I can educate myself.."

Sunetra Gupta, Karol Sikora, Mike Yeadon, Paul Mckeigue, Adina Feldman, Martin Kulldorf, Jay Battachayara, Carl Heneghan....

There's a brief list for you to be getting on with.

By *andb69Couple
over a year ago

leeds

"Does beggers belief

Is it ok to meet.

Good luck.

I have seen very few professors and professionals who have any credibility put out alternative strategies though this! Can you name some so that I can educate myself..

Sunetra Gupta, Karol Sikora, Mike Yeadon, Paul Mckeigue, Adina Feldman, Martin Kulldorf, Jay Battachayara, Carl Heneghan....

There's a brief list for you to be getting on with. "

All of whom have been discredited. They're the herd immunity mob. If heard immunity worked the Black Death wouldn't have lasted 300 years and killed 200 million people. Herd immunity without a successful vaccine is a non starter.

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"Does beggers belief

Is it ok to meet.

Good luck.

All of whom have been discredited. They're the herd immunity mob. If heard immunity worked the Black Death wouldn't have lasted 300 years and killed 200 million people. Herd immunity without a successful vaccine is a non starter."

Discredited? They are all respected and peer reviewed professionals at the very top of their field.

I can only assume that you are going to cite the W.H.O. as the discreditors, the same outfit who have been bent over and shafted by the Chinese govt, then reported highly dubious and conflicting reports regarding the virus origin. What's happening here is a siding of narrative, they say something that doesn't appeal to others, consequently they are not trustworthy advocates.

On your point regarding the black death, that was 700 years ago, back when cutting edge medicine was leeches and hacksaw. We've moved forward since then.

By *aralewisCouple
over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Why are we still not seeing that if we still can’t meet once we’ve both had the jab when can we

A lot of us are not questioning this just being lead like sheep

So once we’ve both had the jabs we should be able to meet

But the real reason they say no is because they not got a clue about the vaccine and it’s not a vaccine it’s a treatment

Because like all vaccine it takes years to do all test not 10 month

Now we’re getting told it might be a sessional thing

I’m not an anti Vaxer but I hate listening to people go on about thing no one knows about coz all they go on about vaccine vaccine now your getting vaccinated nothing changes

Wake up it doesn’t make sense to me

You can’t stop Virus we need live with it

over a year ago

"Why are we still not seeing that if we still can’t meet once we’ve both had the jab when can we

A lot of us are not questioning this just being lead like sheep

So once we’ve both had the jabs we should be able to meet

But the real reason they say no is because they not got a clue about the vaccine and it’s not a vaccine it’s a treatment

Because like all vaccine it takes years to do all test not 10 month

Now we’re getting told it might be a sessional thing

I’m not an anti Vaxer but I hate listening to people go on about thing no one knows about coz all they go on about vaccine vaccine now your getting vaccinated nothing changes

Wake up it doesn’t make sense to me

You can’t stop Virus we need live with it"

Read the vast majority of the reply posts, it'll answer your question

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

1. The vaccine is not a cure.

2. A vaccine program takes time to have an effect.

3. The effect gets greater as more people become injected..or acquire antibodies by infection.

4. Acquiring antibodies by infection may not have a favorable outcome.

5. For the hard of understanding that means you may die or have long term consequences.

6. It is impossible to inject a population on one day.

7. As it is impossible then some restrictions remain in place until sufficient numbers are vaccinated.

8. The government is keen to get business & the economy going, random swingers shagging probably does not feature on their priority list.

Is that clearer?

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Does beggers belief

Is it ok to meet.

Good luck.

All of whom have been discredited. They're the herd immunity mob. If heard immunity worked the Black Death wouldn't have lasted 300 years and killed 200 million people. Herd immunity without a successful vaccine is a non starter.

Discredited? They are all respected and peer reviewed professionals at the very top of their field.

I can only assume that you are going to cite the W.H.O. as the discreditors, the same outfit who have been bent over and shafted by the Chinese govt, then reported highly dubious and conflicting reports regarding the virus origin. What's happening here is a siding of narrative, they say something that doesn't appeal to others, consequently they are not trustworthy advocates.

On your point regarding the black death, that was 700 years ago, back when cutting edge medicine was leeches and hacksaw. We've moved forward since then.

"

In some ways we've moved forward and in others we haven't moved forward at all. Look at the story of Eyam Village. If we had all been like that then deaths and infections would have been considerably less. We can learn much form the past.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I can't believe people have the chutzpah to still promote the herd immunity brigade. Good grief

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"I can't believe people have the chutzpah to still promote the herd immunity brigade. Good grief "

similarly I can't believe that people are still believing the likes of Neil Ferguson who is the lead advisor, yet all his predictions have been way off the mark, got caught breaking the rules he devised, resigned and then got reinstated.

over a year ago

"

In some ways we've moved forward and in others we haven't moved forward at all. Look at the story of Eyam Village. If we had all been like that then deaths and infections would have been considerably less. We can learn much form the past. "

I agree up to a point, but can you imagine the backlash now if the local authorities came round fitting hasps and padlocks to the doors, locking residents in their own homes?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I can't believe people have the chutzpah to still promote the herd immunity brigade. Good grief

similarly I can't believe that people are still believing the likes of Neil Ferguson who is the lead advisor, yet all his predictions have been way off the mark, got caught breaking the rules he devised, resigned and then got reinstated. "

Shrug. I personally have not quoted him at any point ever, but if he's on the side of the scientific consensus then that's where I'm going to go.

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"

In some ways we've moved forward and in others we haven't moved forward at all. Look at the story of Eyam Village. If we had all been like that then deaths and infections would have been considerably less. We can learn much form the past.

Yes but it would be service using those little padlocks you get on diaries or free in Christmas crackers..

I agree up to a point, but can you imagine the backlash now if the local authorities came round fitting hasps and padlocks to the doors, locking residents in their own homes?"

By *andR510Couple
over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"I can't believe people have the chutzpah to still promote the herd immunity brigade. Good grief

similarly I can't believe that people are still believing the likes of Neil Ferguson who is the lead advisor, yet all his predictions have been way off the mark, got caught breaking the rules he devised, resigned and then got reinstated.

Shrug. I personally have not quoted him at any point ever, but if he's on the side of the scientific consensus then that's where I'm going to go."

SMH

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Shrug. I personally have not quoted him at any point ever, but if he's on the side of the scientific consensus then that's where I'm going to go.

SMH "

Lol

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"1. The vaccine is not a cure.

2. A vaccine program takes time to have an effect.

3. The effect gets greater as more people become injected..or acquire antibodies by infection.

4. Acquiring antibodies by infection may not have a favorable outcome.

5. For the hard of understanding that means you may die or have long term consequences.

6. It is impossible to inject a population on one day.

7. As it is impossible then some restrictions remain in place until sufficient numbers are vaccinated.

8. The government is keen to get business & the economy going, random swingers shagging probably does not feature on their priority list.

Is that clearer?"

By *andb69Couple
over a year ago

leeds

[Removed by poster at 19/02/21 20:57:21]

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

No, if one is still a carrier he or she can still infect a vaccinated person who won't fall badly ill but could inturn pass it on. The vaccine only surpresses the virus so it's host doesn't fall fataly ill and immunity is stronger than before...hopefully. It does not irradicate the virus.

over a year ago

"You can do whatever the hell you like

Does this apply to all laws, or just Covid related laws?"

all laws just because its legal doesn't make it right and just because its illegal doesn't make it wrong. Sla-very was legal once

over a year ago

I know know difference between wrong and right I don't need some politician to tell me

over a year ago

Who are the biggest law breakers and liars in the country

By *odgerMan
over a year ago

Coventry(ish)

"Who are the biggest law breakers and liars in the country"

Enlighten us to laws you think are wrong and laws we don't have that we should have?

over a year ago

Matt Hancock has broken the law regarding the payments made in multi million pound ppe deals. Google it. As for me sharing my views....on here. Lol no

By *odgerMan
over a year ago

Coventry(ish)

"Matt Hancock has broken the law regarding the payments made in multi million pound ppe deals. Google it. As for me sharing my views....on here. Lol no"

all laws just because its legal doesn't make it right and just because its illegal doesn't make it wrong. Sla-very was legal once

It was that nugget that I thought could be expanded on.

over a year ago

Take from it what ever you like

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Matt Hancock has broken the law regarding the payments made in multi million pound ppe deals. Google it. As for me sharing my views....on here. Lol no"

Yes, he did.

As an ordinary person I recognise that the law applies to me.

As a compassionate intelligent person I realise Covid laws exist for good reason.

As a decent person I aim to live by slightly more elevated morals than Matt Hancock ffs

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

But they still catch and transmit without actually suffer the effects of covid so NO! Not yet....

By *reyyaMan
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

They are not immune from catching it and if they have it, they can still be infectious to others, though probably not as infectious as if they hadn't had the vaccine "

That can't be right. After both having the vaccine they are no further forward. So if vaccine passports are required by the airline for example, no passport no flight, the possibility of contracting Covid is he same. And everybody sat close together on an aircraft for hours and hours. Surely one must be protected by the vaccine. Otherwise why have the vaccine.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

They are not immune from catching it and if they have it, they can still be infectious to others, though probably not as infectious as if they hadn't had the vaccine

That can't be right. After both having the vaccine they are no further forward. So if vaccine passports are required by the airline for example, no passport no flight, the possibility of contracting Covid is he same. And everybody sat close together on an aircraft for hours and hours. Surely one must be protected by the vaccine. Otherwise why have the vaccine. "

The chances are lower, but not low enough until we're closer to herd immunity

Post new Message to Thread