Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Are admin doing enough ??

Jump to newest

By *elsh JackD OP   Man
over a year ago

Newbridge

Are admin doing enough to stop people off here advertising and asking for physical meets??

There’s loads asking to meet through they’re status.

I’ll most probably end up getting a ban for posting this or getting slated by reply’s rather than the site banning the ones who continually disrespect the guidelines!!!

Let’s all work together on this so the restrictions get lifted, clubs can start re opining and we can all start enjoying ourselves again when safe to do so.

I’m Not another guy ranting or moaning abt not having any meets but one that wants a safe and normal life to get back to instead of having to pay for others stupidity

Stay safe all x

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

I'm sure Admin are really busy as it is and I believe it's unpaid? We're all adults and should take responsibility for our own actions.

If anyone asks us for a meet they get blocked

Reply privately

By *elsh JackD OP   Man
over a year ago

Newbridge

As a guy on here I suppose I don’t get the amount asking for meets as the same as yourselves or single women and I respect and understand the fact that admin run the site and do this unpaid..... my point was that certain status are up for a day or two advertising for meets whilst they don’t get pulled up for this and still ask again a few days later..... blocking them doesnt stop them still asking.

Individually we all have our part to play in restricting this virus spreading...... most ignore this fact for they’re own individual satisfaction which impacts us all.

Surely we can still all use the site, chat, post pics with a view to arrange meets when it’s safe to do so when allowed ?

Just can’t understand why status are still showing a day or so later

Reply privately

By *inkyfilthymindMan
over a year ago

Berks / Heathrow

Morning. I am not sure if you think that the profile reviews are automated. There isn’t.

Did you report the profile(s)?

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"As a guy on here I suppose I don’t get the amount asking for meets as the same as yourselves or single women and I respect and understand the fact that admin run the site and do this unpaid..... my point was that certain status are up for a day or two advertising for meets whilst they don’t get pulled up for this and still ask again a few days later..... blocking them doesnt stop them still asking.

Individually we all have our part to play in restricting this virus spreading...... most ignore this fact for they’re own individual satisfaction which impacts us all.

Surely we can still all use the site, chat, post pics with a view to arrange meets when it’s safe to do so when allowed ?

Just can’t understand why status are still showing a day or so later "

. Simple and obvious answer is that the site owners don’t want to ban customers, particularly not the paying ones.

Reply privately

By *ust some cock suckerMan
over a year ago

Preston

I just concentrate on my own actions and pretty much ignore what everyone else is or may be doing.

I can't change what others do so why bother winding myself up over it is my view.

Reply privately

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I just concentrate on my own actions and pretty much ignore what everyone else is or may be doing.

I can't change what others do so why bother winding myself up over it is my view. "

This exactly and expecting admin to see every status is a bit ridiculous they have lives outside of here as well.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Are admin doing enough to stop people off here advertising and asking for physical meets??

I’ll most probably end up getting a ban for posting this or getting slated by reply’s rather than the site banning the ones who continually disrespect the guidelines!!!

Let’s all work together on this so the restrictions get lifted, clubs can start re opining and we can all start enjoying ourselves again when safe to do so.

I’m Not another guy ranting or moaning abt not having any meets but one that wants a safe and normal life to get back to instead of having to pay for others stupidity

Stay safe all x"

Absolutely not... Though I'd suggest it's not admins job and second a very very simple software change to remove status updates and veris would fix most of the issues. And that for some reason has been resisted.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’ve reported one profile, he was daily asking for sex etc nothing got done , but as long as I keep myself safe , let them do what they want , they will. Either get a fine or catch COVID

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

IMO the site should not have got involved at all. Disallowing verifications from meets has been circumvented by people giving webcam veris anyway - just read the wording of some.

It is totally obvious some people are still meeting.

The site should have put up a statement saying what their view was (ie don’t think it is the responsible thing to do) then left people to decide for themselves as adults. It would then have been easy to spot who was doing what. Now it has just been pushed underground.

I think the admin do their best and get things pretty damn right but the onus should be on all of us to do what our conscience thinks is right.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"IMO the site should not have got involved at all. Disallowing verifications from meets has been circumvented by people giving webcam veris anyway - just read the wording of some.

It is totally obvious some people are still meeting.

The site should have put up a statement saying what their view was (ie don’t think it is the responsible thing to do) then left people to decide for themselves as adults. It would then have been easy to spot who was doing what. Now it has just been pushed underground.

I think the admin do their best and get things pretty damn right but the onus should be on all of us to do what our conscience thinks is right."

Yep. Do the right thing. I wonder what other social media and dating sites do?

Reply privately

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"Are admin doing enough to stop people off here advertising and asking for physical meets??

Stay safe all x"

Yawn. You lot still at it

Reply privately

By *ecretlivesCouple
over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

We dont agree with breaking rules or normally post to virus but...

Wanting and doing are not the same thing. Status updates may not be reality. Desparation, hopeless optimism and lies can simply extend their fantasy (I am sooo desireable and you are not)

It could be they would settle for a socially distanced walk in the park

Likelihood of meeting (particularly a man even if lucky!) is what - one or two individuals a week? Hopeless optimism again...

Implication that it is because of the money forget there are an awful lot of free accounts.

Admin has removed site functionality to dissuade actions just as op described. What do they do? ban word meet? Perhaps they and other social sites should shut down, on possibility of encouraging interaction (fab is not quite facebook)

People make choices. Bad and good. Beyond reasonable efforts (as site has done) how far does society go? Verify all food purchases are to be consumed within govt guidelines? Ban all retail sales of 'party' packs of crisps beer etc. perhaps we could tack on an obesity and alcohol check at the till, it

costs us more deaths and nhs time in long run!

Stay safe, stay home. Tunnel end truly in sight.

Reply privately

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Whilst yes it is not good, if you click on the meet section it does say you should follow local guidance, here it is:

If you are following the local covid-19 guidance in your country/locality (as some rules are very location specific), as per our post above, that is ok.

But yes, the admin would be too busy checking all the statuses here.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Are we not adults on here? Can we not police the people asking God meets ourselves? Ignore requests, tell them they're twats in response to their messages, block and report them to admin? Just simply not meet them so their requests go unfulfilled? Why must we rely on others to stop us meeting?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Must say i just don’t get why so many on here get themselves so worked up. The amount of self righteous indignation over the assumed conception that thousands of people on this site are meeting and causing illness and death is ridiculous. The reality is even in normal times that this site is 95% about people who never meet anyone from one month to the next. Even those who advertise to meet rarely ever do and i’m pretty sure right now actually finding soneone who will meet you is pretty much impossible.

Reply privately

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Ah the daily "why are people still asking to meet thread".

Report, block and forget about it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's a well known fact you can't control anyone who doesn't want to be controlled...

It's a human issue and it's why the planet's fucked... jus sayin...

It's also kinda riddled all the way throughout human history and it won't be stopping anytime soon.

Self focus, self control is always the best option in any circumstance involving human management... it's way more effective, less stressful and we all become subjectively way happier for it... also the better example you then show others has a calming and encouraging effect

Spanking adults never goes down well.. unless they love BDSM... lol

xo

Reply privately

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"It's a well known fact you can't control anyone who doesn't want to be controlled...

It's also kinda riddled all the way throughout human history and it won't be stopping anytime soon.

Self focus, self control is always the best option in any circumstance involving human management... it's way more effective, less stressful and we all become subjectively way happier for it... also the better example you then show others has a calming and encouraging effect

xo"

The planet is fine and will do OK when it sheds us humans off it skin, it the majority of humans that are fucked.

People should learn to take some self repsonsability and not have to be policed into doing the right actions, these are the same people who need to be told what to do then complain about it. If you walk on broken class, don't be suprised you get cut feet. If people get covid due to them distregarding any rules, charge them for the medical help and if they pass it to someone who then dies, charge them with manslaughter. Grown up's should be capable of not having to be told what is the right thing to do.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Something I remind myself is that pre covid, the likelihood of actually getting a meet (particularly single men) from asking for one on here was pretty low, even at the best of times.

Now it's even lower.

I bear this in mind when I see status updates wanting to meet. It doesn't mean they are getting anything.

But it does in my mind indicate that people are isolated and lonely and lacking in human contact.

If you do a forum search for threads asking how long it us since they had sex, the ones I used to see anyway, the majority of posters hadn't had sex through here for months, even years, and that was in the good old days.

Rather than get wound up by other people's desires, I remember what the reality was like. We all assume everyone else is getting it, but they weren't.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You could boil my post down into a simple phrase

"wanting something and getting it are two different things"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's a well known fact you can't control anyone who doesn't want to be controlled...

xo The planet is fine and will do OK when it sheds us humans off it skin, it the majority of humans that are fucked.

People should learn to take some self repsonsability and not have to be policed into doing the right actions, these are the same people who need to be told what to do then complain about it. If you walk on broken class, don't be suprised you get cut feet. If people get covid due to them distregarding any rules, charge them for the medical help and if they pass it to someone who then dies, charge them with manslaughter. Grown up's should be capable of not having to be told what is the right thing to do."

There's no doubt the planet will do better without us...

A lot of people have noticed how the nature around them's improved immensely from us all being at home.

By the planet's fucked I mean for us humans, and for the animals, and for the soil and for our atmosphere... quite the conundrum we're in...

I don't think wishing us all dead's the solution seeing's as we're all still alive atm.

Fair few generations left in us yet too if we clue up... I really do hope we do as a species personally... we've had plenty of times to get things right.

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Are we as a nation doing enough afterall we are all in this together?. Seen plenty people on here stating flatmates, neighbours and family are breaking the rules but do bugger all about it.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Are we as a nation doing enough afterall we are all in this together?. Seen plenty people on here stating flatmates, neighbours and family are breaking the rules but do bugger all about it. "

Exactly this

Reply privately

By *elsh JackD OP   Man
over a year ago

Newbridge

Firstly thanks for the positive replies through private messages and I’m even more grateful for the negative replies stating I need to grow a pair and stop moaning because I can’t get meets

I’m full of respect for the work admin do here but I’ve reported a few profiles on here for they’re behaviour regarding looking for physical meets and not sure anything gets done about it as it seems once you report the individuals your blocked from seeing the account you’ve reported.

I’ve asked a good friend of mine on here to check the account reported and they’ve stated they’re still active on the site..... hence my question are admin doing enough or what actually gets done?

As members of the site we’ve all a responsibility to stop looking to meet physically untill safe to do so as I’ve witnessed what this horrible disease does to you.... it’s not a laughing matter and untill you’ve lost someone u know to it perhaps you’ll realise.

I don’t post much on the forums as people are quite quick to jump on you and automatically have a go.... I’ll simply keep my opinion to myself from now on.

Reply privately

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"I'm sure Admin are really busy as it is and I believe it's unpaid? We're all adults and should take responsibility for our own actions.

If anyone asks us for a meet they get blocked"

personal responsibility

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Stay safe all x"

This is a dating site and Fab is a buisiness,it can advise people not to meet but they should not stop it as even normal dates sites operate at this time.

I am opposed to meeting and have blocked many but if I do not meet them somebody else will that is a fact of life.

I would rather they allowed these idiots to show veris then after covid I will know not to meet them on a matter of principal.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The above is how admin deal with reports. If you report people asking to meet they will take one of the actions described

Reply privately