Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

A happy blunder

Jump to newest

By *luebell888 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

My 55yr old friend lives in York and got an email telling her to go to Leeds for her covid vaccine. Off she went and explained to nurse she had no idea why she was there as had no underlying health issues and was not a key worker. Nurse was puzzled also but as her name was on the list she said she would need to be give her the vaccine. Has this happened to anyone else you know?.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've not heard of it but I suppose in such a huge undertaking things like this will happen. We've had to really push to get my parents vaccinations, they're in their 90s and haven't had them yet

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There were reports of some 20s/30s years old people getting appointments in error, particularly in the greater London area. If they get it, they help the centre to use the levels of vaccine that they'd planned to need. Seems a very, very tiny issue.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I've not heard of it but I suppose in such a huge undertaking things like this will happen. We've had to really push to get my parents vaccinations, they're in their 90s and haven't had them yet"

That's bloody disgusting...I hope your giving their Gps a rocket as mine was organised via the gp.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I've not heard of it but I suppose in such a huge undertaking things like this will happen. We've had to really push to get my parents vaccinations, they're in their 90s and haven't had them yet

That's bloody disgusting...I hope your giving their Gps a rocket as mine was organised via the gp."

Yep!

over a year ago

"I've not heard of it but I suppose in such a huge undertaking things like this will happen. We've had to really push to get my parents vaccinations, they're in their 90s and haven't had them yet

That's bloody disgusting...I hope your giving their Gps a rocket as mine was organised via the gp.

Yep! "

Ps mine was organised by my gp but

When I got home there was a letter from the nhs telling me to book a jab..some areas seem on top of things and others not so good

By *luebell888 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"I've not heard of it but I suppose in such a huge undertaking things like this will happen. We've had to really push to get my parents vaccinations, they're in their 90s and haven't had them yet"

That is dreadful. My mum is 81 and got hers on Friday.

By *luttyLaylaWoman
over a year ago

North West

"My 55yr old friend lives in York and got an email telling her to go to Leeds for her covid vaccine. Off she went and explained to nurse she had no idea why she was there as had no underlying health issues and was not a key worker. Nurse was puzzled also but as her name was on the list she said she would need to be give her the vaccine. Has this happened to anyone else you know?. "

There’s always going to be errors here and there, but if I was expected I’d definitely go so it’s not wasted xx

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yep!

Ps mine was organised by my gp but

When I got home there was a letter from the nhs telling me to book a jab..some areas seem on top of things and others not so good"

Apparently they'll be getting them soon. I hope so.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

That is dreadful. My mum is 81 and got hers on Friday. "

Their surgery is awful but I'm hoping they'll be getting them soon.

over a year ago

It is very possible that she has been put in the wrong category under her surgery.

I do know somebody was originally put in group 6 but should have been in 4 and a Friend's daughter got a text from her GP asking her to book for vaccine, when she called to say she didn't think she was in a priority group (shes 21 and doesn't work in health or socialcare) they said it was an error as she'd been categorised as group 4.

I can see how this would happen but at least your friend hashad the vaccine now.

Post new Message to Thread