Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Back to tiers/tears

Jump to newest

By *usybee73 OP   Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

Originally it was was going back to the tier system when lockdown ends in 2050 ... but rumbling from the Boris bunker is tiers are scrapped

Happy with this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rankylMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

Think we all need to be in the same tier as the idiots who ignore the rules just travel to a lower tier, which makes a mockery of the system.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Think we all need to be in the same tier as the idiots who ignore the rules just travel to a lower tier, which makes a mockery of the system.

"

I've read that that's what they might do calling it a 'national' tier. Think that's the only thing that might work. We were surrounded by tier 3's at one point!

By *usybee73 OP   Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

"Think we all need to be in the same tier as the idiots who ignore the rules just travel to a lower tier, which makes a mockery of the system.

"

Problem with that is the sink to the lowest level, if your in Norfolk, Cornwall etc why should you be punished for what happens 200 mile away?

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

The new Novavax vaccine by Johnson & Johnson - surely they have to use their already famous marketing line - No more Tiers

By *all me FlikWoman
over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Since when has 2050 been suggested

By *usybee73 OP   Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

"The new Novavax vaccine by Johnson & Johnson - surely they have to use their already famous marketing line - No more Tiers

"

everytime I hear of that company I think of cotton buds and talc ... must keep out of the fetish clubs

By *usybee73 OP   Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

"Since when has 2050 been suggested "

Since mutation 246 ...

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Since when has 2050 been suggested "

That's the early projected end of lockdown, if we're all treated as if we're the lowest tier

I don't care too much, if we stick very strictly to what is known to work.

I think we should be prepared for ultra local restrictions to be imposed, should new urgent problems come, such as this week with postcode lockdown, due to new variant clampdowns, to eradicate them.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Originally it was was going back to the tier system when lockdown ends in 2050 ... but rumbling from the Boris bunker is tiers are scrapped

Happy with this?"

We have no choice . Tier 3 in Kent did not slow the new variant which is why it was spotted in the first place. So you need at least tier 4 for the whole country to limit infections.

Vaccine will reduce hospitalisations and deaths but not enough people will be vaccinated until later this year to affect case numbers.

Case numbers have to stay low now to stop more new variants emerging.

over a year ago

"Originally it was was going back to the tier system when lockdown ends in 2050 ... but rumbling from the Boris bunker is tiers are scrapped

Happy with this?

We have no choice . Tier 3 in Kent did not slow the new variant which is why it was spotted in the first place. So you need at least tier 4 for the whole country to limit infections.

Vaccine will reduce hospitalisations and deaths but not enough people will be vaccinated until later this year to affect case numbers.

Case numbers have to stay low now to stop more new variants emerging. "

What’s the difference between tier 4 and lockdown? Like basically the same

over a year ago

"

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Happy with this?

What’s the difference between tier 4 and lockdown? Like basically the same "

Similar with a few small differences

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/948593/COVID-19_Tier_Posters_16_December_2020_04.pdf

over a year ago

I've read that that's what they might do calling it a 'national' tier. Think that's the only thing that might work. We were surrounded by tier 3's at one point!"

This is what happened in Hampshire it was the only county in the country where one point they had all four tiers in the same county.

over a year ago

I do think the tier system should stay in place for a while.

I think as we start to look at opening everything backup there should be 2 lower tiers and the reason I think we should keep the system is because if there is a very local or regional outbreak we could just totally lock that little area down say tier four and hopefully nip it in the Bud.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I do think the tier system should stay in place for a while.

I think as we start to look at opening everything backup there should be 2 lower tiers and the reason I think we should keep the system is because if there is a very local or regional outbreak we could just totally lock that little area down say tier four and hopefully nip it in the Bud."

Could work if they make it a whole county, specific towns I don’t think will work

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Happy with this?

Schools are open

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

I've read that that's what they might do calling it a 'national' tier. Think that's the only thing that might work. We were surrounded by tier 3's at one point!

This is what happened in Hampshire it was the only county in the country where one point they had all four tiers in the same county.

"

And everyone kept pushing off over to the Isle of Wight for a pint...

over a year ago

And everyone kept pushing off over to the Isle of Wight for a pint..."

They do and it went from one of the lowest rates in the country to 1 of the highest in 4 weeks.

By *usybee73 OP   Man
over a year ago

in the sticks

They do and it went from one of the lowest rates in the country to 1 of the highest in 4 weeks. "

Why didn't the ferry company do checks ... in theory Isle of White should be easier then Isle of man.

over a year ago

They do and it went from one of the lowest rates in the country to 1 of the highest in 4 weeks.

Why didn't the ferry company do checks ... in theory Isle of White should be easier then Isle of man."

Do checksfor what? Up until December there were no rules to say you couldn't travel between tears it was just very vague guidelines that if you were in tier 3 you probably shouldn't.

And also why would it be easier than the Isle of Man?

By *rman82Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Happy with this?"

I sincerely hope this is true. We need to end this absolute madness now. Get the schools open, let the businesses open and let’s get on with making the best out of this mess we’ve already made. The vaccine is in play now, vaccinate the old and vulnerable and lets get on with it.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Happy with this?

I sincerely hope this is true. We need to end this absolute madness now. Get the schools open, let the businesses open and let’s get on with making the best out of this mess we’ve already made. The vaccine is in play now, vaccinate the old and vulnerable and lets get on with it. "

We have made that mistake once lets not do it again,the government seems to have learned its lesson

over a year ago

Strange how the introduction of mask6 have increased the levels of Covid.

over a year ago

Tier system isn’t the issue, people are the issue. No matter what we are told to do people will still think they know better and do the opposite or bend the rules.

I manage a bar in the city centre of Birmingham and the bull that people came out with regarding mask, single families, social distance, track and trace.

over a year ago

"Strange how the introduction of mask6 have increased the levels of Covid. "

I think you find That has more to do with the more transmissible variant.

over a year ago

Happy with this?

Close borders and mass testing would help

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"The new Novavax vaccine by Johnson & Johnson - surely they have to use their already famous marketing line - No more Tiers

"

Now that's marketing genius

By *ayboii2018_12Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

We've got this virus for life in my opinion. To eradicate a new virus in a population like Britain its a serious struggle. To many people are self entitled and think they are naturally safe to this virus and that lockdown doesn't apply to them.

Vaccines will help with not overflowing hospitals but it won't stop covid by summer this year. We were told that we'd have a "normal" Christmas.

I think there will come a time when risks need to be weighed up and everyone will need to carry on previous to covid. We can't afford to keep the economy shut. I believe lockdowns work to a degree but there are many risks that need to be thought out.

Stay safe everyone x

over a year ago

"Tier system isn’t the issue, people are the issue. No matter what we are told to do people will still think they know better and do the opposite or bend the rules.

I manage a bar in the city centre of Birmingham and the bull that people came out with regarding mask, single families, social distance, track and trace.

"

over a year ago

Tiers are unworkable in that if you live on the edge of an area you can stray into a different Tier easily.

Surely ease restrictions with travel limits, so initially that could be only up to 20 miles from your primary home and no group larger than 4 unless its a mother / father/ children group.

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

Tiers don't work. The last time when we were in tier 3 100s,of young people were, constantly going on the trains, down to York in tier 2 for a night out. The police, were not stopping anyone down in York. A cousin of mine, was told by police at the station it was fine the region desperately needed the money.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

Once the vulnerable are vaccinated let’s get back to having a proper life again, seems so many don’t seem to want that

over a year ago

"Once the vulnerable are vaccinated let’s get back to having a proper life again, seems so many don’t seem to want that "

Well it does appear that the majority of the poster on fab wabt everyone locked away.

They want businesses to go to the wall and the country to collapse.

Have any of them thought that the government's income is taxes and distribution accordingly. There is a lot less tax paid and the longer the country is in lockdown then the country gets less income. How can the NHS survive if the government goes bankrupt?

What's going to happen to the millions of shops that will never reopen. It's ok saying on line bu that isn't giving people jobs and no jobs, less money, less government income and less to give in benefits.

The only solution would be to raise taxes to a lot higher level to pay for continued state control

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

"Once the vulnerable are vaccinated let’s get back to having a proper life again, seems so many don’t seem to want that

Well it does appear that the majority of the poster on fab wabt everyone locked away.

Have any of them thought that the government's income is taxes and distribution accordingly. There is a lot less tax paid and the longer the country is in lockdown then the country gets less income. How can the NHS survive if the government goes bankrupt?

What's going to happen to the millions of shops that will never reopen. It's ok saying on line bu that isn't giving people jobs and no jobs, less money, less government income and less to give in benefits.

The only solution would be to raise taxes to a lot higher level to pay for continued state control "

Maybe people get used to not working and enjoy that , or love being controlled who knows ,but sure seems to be plenty enjoying being house prisoners

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

"Once the vulnerable are vaccinated let’s get back to having a proper life again, seems so many don’t seem to want that "

Many will fear proper life whilst others will grab with both hands, mental health issues regarding covid-19 will be around for a very long time

over a year ago

"Once the vulnerable are vaccinated let’s get back to having a proper life again, seems so many don’t seem to want that

The only solution would be to raise taxes to a lot higher level to pay for continued state control Maybe people get used to not working and enjoy that , or love being controlled who knows ,but sure seems to be plenty enjoying being house prisoners "

Definitely they do appear to relish in being locked away. Wonder what will happen when they have to earn an income and there's no jobs

over a year ago

The only solution would be to raise taxes to a lot higher level to pay for continued state control "

I don't think most people do what the majority of the population locked away.

I think a majority like myself Want an end to this, I want it to be done in a way that once we open up we don't have to lock down again so I think we have to do it cautiously and just be patient for a little bit longer.

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Wake up...there will be several new variants over the coming months. We will be locked up for months yet.

By *ames_LondonMan
over a year ago

Deal

I think all restrictions should be lifted, except on border control which should be stricter, once all over 70s and vulnerable have been vaccinated and a few weeks have passed to let the vaccine take effect.

over a year ago

"I think all restrictions should be lifted, except on border control which should be stricter, once all over 70s and vulnerable have been vaccinated and a few weeks have passed to let the vaccine take effect. "

They have only just started on group 5 of the 9 priority groups so it will be at another 6 weeks at least untill a significant portion will have their first vaccine, Then four weeks after that before they have significant protection. It's definitely a step in the right direction but I just don't see the point in lifting restrictions until it feels safe enough to do so. Otherwise it's pointless because we will be in and out of tiers and lockdown.

By *rman82Man
over a year ago

Manchester

The only solution would be to raise taxes to a lot higher level to pay for continued state control Maybe people get used to not working and enjoy that , or love being controlled who knows ,but sure seems to be plenty enjoying being house prisoners

Definitely they do appear to relish in being locked away. Wonder what will happen when they have to earn an income and there's no jobs "

I suppose if you’ve got a nice little job, earning full pay and being able to work from home it is quite nice, also some folk will be happy with furlough, not having to go to work, pay the travel costs etc and still earning a wage, it’s not like there is anywhere to go to spend your wages so 80% is plenty. That’s probably why there is so much reluctance from some people with regards to the end of lockdown. They are quite happy in there own little bubble. The sad thing is that they can’t see what damage these lockdowns are doing, people also can’t seem to grasp that they don’t actually work, or maybe they just like to pretend that they do because lockdown life suits them.

over a year ago

"Wake up...there will be several new variants over the coming months. We will be locked up for months yet. "

I have to agree with you. There's no way they're going to let us out till we're all controlled

over a year ago

The only solution would be to raise taxes to a lot higher level to pay for continued state control Maybe people get used to not working and enjoy that , or love being controlled who knows ,but sure seems to be plenty enjoying being house prisoners

Definitely they do appear to relish in being locked away. Wonder what will happen when they have to earn an income and there's no jobs

I suppose if you’ve got a nice little job, earning full pay and being able to work from home it is quite nice, also some folk will be happy with furlough, not having to go to work, pay the travel costs etc and still earning a wage, it’s not like there is anywhere to go to spend your wages so 80% is plenty. That’s probably why there is so much reluctance from some people with regards to the end of lockdown. They are quite happy in there own little bubble. The sad thing is that they can’t see what damage these lockdowns are doing, people also can’t seem to grasp that they don’t actually work, or maybe they just like to pretend that they do because lockdown life suits them. "

There is either furloughed (not working on 80%) or working from home (100%). Can't be furloughed and working

By *rman82Man
over a year ago

Manchester

I suppose if you’ve got a nice little job, earning full pay and being able to work from home it is quite nice, also some folk will be happy with furlough, not having to go to work, pay the travel costs etc and still earning a wage, it’s not like there is anywhere to go to spend your wages so 80% is plenty. That’s probably why there is so much reluctance from some people with regards to the end of lockdown. They are quite happy in there own little bubble. The sad thing is that they can’t see what damage these lockdowns are doing, people also can’t seem to grasp that they don’t actually work, or maybe they just like to pretend that they do because lockdown life suits them.

There is either furloughed (not working on 80%) or working from home (100%). Can't be furloughed and working "

Yeh that’s what I meant. Apologies if that wasn’t clear... Some homeworkers will be happy, as will some of the furloughed

over a year ago

Why didn't the ferry company do checks ... in theory Isle of White should be easier then Isle of man."

]Think we all need to be in the same tier as the idiots who ignore the rules just travel to a lower tier, which makes a mockery of the system.

I have family in the isle of wight and not seen my grandchildren since August. I had to go over last week for a funeral and still didn't see them because infection was so high. These selfish ignorant idiots went over because they thought they could enjoy tier 1. Well you csnt now. So sad. Why can't they listen. And greedy ferry company as rocketed prices. People rushed to their holiday homes. And ferry companies did nothing. Well they are paying the price now. There was hardly anyone on the ferry when I went.

over a year ago

Wight

over a year ago

Why didn't the ferry company do checks ... in theory Isle of White should be easier then Isle of man.

Do checksfor what? Up until December there were no rules to say you couldn't travel between tears it was just very vague guidelines that if you were in tier 3 you probably shouldn't.

And also why would it be easier than the Isle of Man?"

This started when London went into lockdown October November im not sure of date. The midnight ferry was so crowded no one else could get on

over a year ago

On a mooch

This started when London went into lockdown October November im not sure of date. The midnight ferry was so crowded no one else could get on"

20/21 December is when T4 kicked in and other areas in the south east

over a year ago

This started when London went into lockdown October November im not sure of date. The midnight ferry was so crowded no one else could get on

20/21 December is when T4 kicked in and other areas in the south east

"

As I said I wasnt sure of the date. Rest remains the same

Post new Message to Thread