Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

8.3 million vaccines

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As of today we are on a point 3 million vaccine doses.

Not bad going, last Sunday we were on 5.9 so we seem to motoring now.

Good news And looks like if we carry on doing nearly 2 and a 1/2 million a week we will hit the target of doing the top 4 groups by mid February.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

That’s good but it is just first dosage, I think, by that date

over a year ago

"That’s good but it is just first dosage, I think, by that date "

Yes but it is still good news!

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 30/01/21 20:56:40]

over a year ago

On a mooch

"That’s good but it is just first dosage, I think, by that date

Yes but it is still good news!"

It is, I’ll be happier when the second dosage numbers start climbing more than a 1,000 a day

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

Yes but it is still good news!"

Very good news indeed. I think the days of snow had a slight impact but as you say motoring along now. The target is for first jab but if you look at the second jab figures they are also climbing. Not at the same pace but close to half a million now

over a year ago

Very good news indeed. I think the days of snow had a slight impact but as you say motoring along now. The target is for first jab but if you look at the second jab figures they are also climbing. Not at the same pace but close to half a million now"

They really are.

We are definitely looking at targets being met which can only be a good thing.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

It's like a meeting of the glass half full fraternity in here...

Good news

By *endulum 20Couple
over a year ago

sandy

definately good news and with more vaccines hopefully rolled out soon the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter

over a year ago

"It's like a meeting of the glass half full fraternity in here...

Good news "

Got to find the positives in this situation.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"It's like a meeting of the glass half full fraternity in here...

Good news

Got to find the positives in this situation. "

100%

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

It is, I’ll be happier when the second dosage numbers start climbing more than a 1,000 a day "

Plese stop this negativety

By *ickthelick2001Man
over a year ago

nottingham

"As of today we are on a point 3 million vaccine doses.

Good news And looks like if we carry on doing nearly 2 and a 1/2 million a week we will hit the target of doing the top 4 groups by mid February. "

What exactly does having the vaccine change with regard to restrictions ? the gov.uk website states you must carry on wearing face coverings, social distancing, sanitising etc etc even after two jabs

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Good news And looks like if we carry on doing nearly 2 and a 1/2 million a week we will hit the target of doing the top 4 groups by mid February.

What exactly does having the vaccine change with regard to restrictions ? the gov.uk website states you must carry on wearing face coverings, social distancing, sanitising etc etc even after two jabs "

it changes nothing for the restrictions currently.

However it should prevent those that catch the virus from getting such serious side effects.

over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 30/01/21 23:39:57]

over a year ago

On a mooch

It is, I’ll be happier when the second dosage numbers start climbing more than a 1,000 a day Plese stop this negativety"

I’m entitled to my opinion, half a dose is not enough so yes I will be happier when the second dosage numbers start increasing quicker

over a year ago

What exactly does having the vaccine change with regard to restrictions ? the gov.uk website states you must carry on wearing face coverings, social distancing, sanitising etc etc even after two jabs "

It doesn't stop any if the above in foreseeable however hopefully it will stop people so many dying!

over a year ago

It is, I’ll be happier when the second dosage numbers start climbing more than a 1,000 a day Plese stop this negativety

I’m entitled to my opinion, half a dose is not enough so yes I will be happier when the second dosage numbers start increasing quicker "

It is not half a dose people are not being given half doses so that isn't true. The 1st jab should provide some protection the 2nd jab should provide more protection it is not the same as half a dose that is misinformation.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

It is, I’ll be happier when the second dosage numbers start climbing more than a 1,000 a day Plese stop this negativety

I’m entitled to my opinion, half a dose is not enough so yes I will be happier when the second dosage numbers start increasing quicker "

last week on one session alone we had 8 people say " do we have to stick to our 3and vaccination appointment as we have a holiday booked." We are trying to make it clear about the 2nd vaccine and we had more missed appointments for 2nd vaccines than the first

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

*2nd

over a year ago

I’m entitled to my opinion, half a dose is not enough so yes I will be happier when the second dosage numbers start increasing quicker last week on one session alone we had 8 people say " do we have to stick to our 3and vaccination appointment as we have a holiday booked." We are trying to make it clear about the 2nd vaccine and we had more missed appointments for 2nd vaccines than the first "

I am surprised you had people telling you they are going on holiday because everything is shut and we are in lockdown.

over a year ago

On a mooch

I’m entitled to my opinion, half a dose is not enough so yes I will be happier when the second dosage numbers start increasing quicker

It is not half a dose people are not being given half doses so that isn't true. The 1st jab should provide some protection the 2nd jab should provide more protection it is not the same as half a dose that is misinformation."

Half, half a kick start of your body starting to build what it needs. However you wish to word it, you need both

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

I’m entitled to my opinion, half a dose is not enough so yes I will be happier when the second dosage numbers start increasing quicker last week on one session alone we had 8 people say " do we have to stick to our 3and vaccination appointment as we have a holiday booked." We are trying to make it clear about the 2nd vaccine and we had more missed appointments for 2nd vaccines than the first

I am surprised you had people telling you they are going on holiday because everything is shut and we are in lockdown."

they are hoping by march we wont be.xx

over a year ago

It is not half a dose people are not being given half doses so that isn't true. The 1st jab should provide some protection the 2nd jab should provide more protection it is not the same as half a dose that is misinformation.

Half, half a kick start of your body starting to build what it needs. However you wish to word it, you need both "

It's not working at how I wish they are not half doses.

Yes people should have both vaccinations but you just seem so negative about it.

All I know is the people that have had it are really pleased because they don't have to be as terrified anymore that they are going to die from something if they leave the house.

Yes it is not a cure however this is good news and people should not be made to feel bad for being pleased that the vaccination program is going well.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I will only have the injection if its given to me by a Vet .

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I will only have the injection if its given to me by a Vet ."

Go to a vaccine hub and you might well get your wish. A vet would qualify to train as a vaccinator and so could well be volunteering.

over a year ago

"I will only have the injection if its given to me by a Vet .

Go to a vaccine hub and you might well get your wish. A vet would qualify to train as a vaccinator and so could well be volunteering. "

Yes as far as I know it could be anybody that has had the training.

I saw a while ago they were asking tattoo artists and needle trained beauticians to sign up.

over a year ago

North West

I’m entitled to my opinion, half a dose is not enough so yes I will be happier when the second dosage numbers start increasing quicker last week on one session alone we had 8 people say " do we have to stick to our 3and vaccination appointment as we have a holiday booked." We are trying to make it clear about the 2nd vaccine and we had more missed appointments for 2nd vaccines than the first "

Urgh, this is incredibly dangerous from the microbiological standpoint

over a year ago

Great news thanks .

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

"I will only have the injection if its given to me by a Vet .

Go to a vaccine hub and you might well get your wish. A vet would qualify to train as a vaccinator and so could well be volunteering. "

There are all sorts of people being trained to give the vaccine xx

over a year ago

I’m entitled to my opinion, half a dose is not enough so yes I will be happier when the second dosage numbers start increasing quicker last week on one session alone we had 8 people say " do we have to stick to our 3and vaccination appointment as we have a holiday booked." We are trying to make it clear about the 2nd vaccine and we had more missed appointments for 2nd vaccines than the first

Urgh, this is incredibly dangerous from the microbiological standpoint "

I genuinely believe most people know they have to stick to the ristic restrictions and have the 2nd dose.

I just think its really positive but People like to pour cold water on it.

over a year ago

Can I not give myself the injection

over a year ago

"Can I not give myself the injection "

Probably not.

over a year ago

Ah damn it ....ok the Vet it is .

over a year ago

On a mooch

Half, half a kick start of your body starting to build what it needs. However you wish to word it, you need both

Yes people should have both vaccinations but you just seem so negative about it.

All I know is the people that have had it are really pleased because they don't have to be as terrified anymore that they are going to die from something if they leave the house.

Yes it is not a cure however this is good news and people should not be made to feel bad for being pleased that the vaccination program is going well. "

I’m not being negative I’m being realistic, and others are reading it negatively and adding words / meaning that isn’t even there. Even from Pfizer themselves, the first jab is only just over 50% effective that it will do what it needs to do. The second jab gives your body a better chance of doing what it needs to do and then hopefully if you catch covid it kicks in but until you do you just don’t know

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/01/21 00:08:23]

over a year ago

Yes it is not a cure however this is good news and people should not be made to feel bad for being pleased that the vaccination program is going well.

I’m not being negative I’m being realistic, and others are reading it negatively and adding words / meaning that isn’t even there. Even from Pfizer themselves, the first jab is only just over 50% effective that it will do what it needs to do. The second jab gives your body a better chance of doing what it needs to do and then hopefully if you catch covid it kicks in but until you do you just don’t know

"

And nobody is denying this people are just pleased the program is going well.

I am aware that you need to vaccines at no point have I said that people shouldn't have it all should break the rules I'm just pleased it's going in the right direction and I think everybody should be, this is a positive thing.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

Urgh, this is incredibly dangerous from the microbiological standpoint "

it is. Luckily the first vaccine is the most important. The AstraZeneca one states the 2nd dose should be given between 4 and 12 weeks after the first.

Hopefully all the missed appointments are just because people have actually managed to get it somewhere closer to home...

We had people from all over coming to the hub

over a year ago

On a mooch

I am aware that you need to vaccines at no point have I said that people shouldn't have it all should break the rules I'm just pleased it's going in the right direction and I think everybody should be, this is a positive thing."

and I haven’t disagreed with that !

over a year ago

Urgh, this is incredibly dangerous from the microbiological standpoint it is. Luckily the first vaccine is the most important. The AstraZeneca one states the 2nd dose should be given between 4 and 12 weeks after the first.

Hopefully all the missed appointments are just because people have actually managed to get it somewhere closer to home...

We had people from all over coming to the hub"

That is very possible because at a lot of the bigger centres you can just book it online.

over a year ago

I am aware that you need to vaccines at no point have I said that people shouldn't have it all should break the rules I'm just pleased it's going in the right direction and I think everybody should be, this is a positive thing."

Absolutely it’s a positive thing, one dose is reported to prevent serious medical issues even if you get COVID so come on folks let’s be thankful for these vaccines. We would have something yo moan about if there wasn’t any vaccine available, the we would be in a mess

By *ustforfun49Man
over a year ago

chesterfield

Only till the right amount have had the vaccine

over a year ago

I am aware that you need to vaccines at no point have I said that people shouldn't have it all should break the rules I'm just pleased it's going in the right direction and I think everybody should be, this is a positive thing.

Absolutely it’s a positive thing, one dose is reported to prevent serious medical issues even if you get COVID so come on folks let’s be thankful for these vaccines. We would have something yo moan about if there wasn’t any vaccine available, the we would be in a mess

"

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

When someone is vaccinated, they may still be able to catch covid but:

1. They will be less likely to.

2. If they do catch it, they are very likely to recover faster.

3. Because they recover faster, their viral load will be smaller, so they will be less infectious.

If the vaccine is only 50% effective in all three of these aspects, it would mean that the R factor for a vaccinated person would drop to half (item 1), and to half of that (item 2), and to half of that (item 3) = total effect of R going to one eighth for a vaccinated person compared with a non vaccinated person.

At the moment, even with the majority of people taking lots of precautions, R is hovering around 1 - meaning that the number of new cases per day is not going up particularly, but neither is it going down.

This means for a vaccinated person the R could be down in the range 0.1 to 0.2 - but for everyone else it will still be about 1.

While the number of non-vaccinated much outweighs the vaccinated, the reduction in R averaged across the population is not great. But as soon as more than half have been jabbed, the average R factor will start to drop quickly.

So it's at this halfway point that we should start to see the number of cases falling off quickly. Also, that will be the time when people can start to gather together a bit more (though still taking care) without R going back above 1.

At round about the three quarters vaccinated point, we should be able to get a situation where the number currently infectious is dropping right down, and something approaching normal life can be resumed. There will still be cases popping up, but instead of outbreaks growing and growing, they will tend to shrink. We'll still need to avoid big crowds and such for a while - no stadium concerts with 20,000 people only inches apart. But it'll get so that smaller events will be okay - pubs and clubs will open, you'll be able to go to the cinema, fab social parties will resume...

But only when 2 jabs, more than half the population, and a month or two for the active case numbers to fall.

over a year ago

What exactly does having the vaccine change with regard to restrictions ? the gov.uk website states you must carry on wearing face coverings, social distancing, sanitising etc etc even after two jabs

3. Because they recover faster, their viral load will be smaller, so they will be less infectious.

If the vaccine is only 50% effective in all three of these aspects, it would mean that the R factor for a vaccinated person would drop to half (item 1), and to half of that (item 2), and to half of that (item 3) = total effect of R going to one eighth for a vaccinated person compared with a non vaccinated person.

At the moment, even with the majority of people taking lots of precautions, R is hovering around 1 - meaning that the number of new cases per day is not going up particularly, but neither is it going down.

This means for a vaccinated person the R could be down in the range 0.1 to 0.2 - but for everyone else it will still be about 1.

While the number of non-vaccinated much outweighs the vaccinated, the reduction in R averaged across the population is not great. But as soon as more than half have been jabbed, the average R factor will start to drop quickly.

So it's at this halfway point that we should start to see the number of cases falling off quickly. Also, that will be the time when people can start to gather together a bit more (though still taking care) without R going back above 1.

At round about the three quarters vaccinated point, we should be able to get a situation where the number currently infectious is dropping right down, and something approaching normal life can be resumed. There will still be cases popping up, but instead of outbreaks growing and growing, they will tend to shrink. We'll still need to avoid big crowds and such for a while - no stadium concerts with 20,000 people only inches apart. But it'll get so that smaller events will be okay - pubs and clubs will open, you'll be able to go to the cinema, fab social parties will resume...

But only when 2 jabs, more than half the population, and a month or two for the active case numbers to fall."

Really informative thank you. X

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

But only when 2 jabs, more than half the population, and a month or two for the active case numbers to fall.

Really informative thank you. X"

Very informative indeed.

I learnt something today by listening to newscast regarding the rates quoted by vaccine suppliers. I thought when their claim of say 80 percent meant that for 20 percent it did not work at all so they were still in danger. Turns out the percentage quoted is related to not getting bad symptoms. In other words you may not even notice you have it or at worse just be mild symptoms. If you are unlucky enough to be in the 20 percent its almost 100 percent not going to kill you. I hope my understanding is correct but am sure that's how it was explained

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

The guy from AZ said that he was 100 % sure no one would need hospital after their jab, of course that doesnt mean a few might be pretty sick at home.

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

Been into a "walking dead" centre today with my mother who's 82

Before they give the useless Pfizer vaccine they actually explain it's useless for at least another 15 weeks, assuming you get the next one in 12..

Keeps the sheep happy I suppose

over a year ago

North West

"Been into a "walking dead" centre today with my mother who's 82

Before they give the useless Pfizer vaccine they actually explain it's useless for at least another 15 weeks, assuming you get the next one in 12..

Keeps the sheep happy I suppose "

None of those words were spoken in a vaccine clinic. At least you've helped your mother carry out her wish to receive it, unlike my Covidiot mother who ignored the rules, gave her father (my Grandad) Covid and he promptly died. Hopefully your mother has a few more years with her family. My Grandad doesn't have that luxury. Oh, and the day he was taken to hospital, he had an appointment for the jab. I discovered recently that he HAD been offered it sooner, but my mother didn't tell him that a message had been left on his phone.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

I just think its really positive but People like to pour cold water on it.

"

You can't decide how people will react to a post and however they do it, if it is within forum rules then it is allowed.

Lets respect other peoples views even if they differ from yours

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

My friends mum is house bound and she had her letter about coming for vaccine at centre, her son phoned up and explained she cannot come out for it ..and was told ..oh she will have to wait a few monthes then .... why can't the district nurse do it as she has them round to do her bloods ....

over a year ago

North West

"My friends mum is house bound and she had her letter about coming for vaccine at centre, her son phoned up and explained she cannot come out for it ..and was told ..oh she will have to wait a few monthes then .... why can't the district nurse do it as she has them round to do her bloods ...."

Because the vaccines come in vials of 10-12 doses, once taken out of the fridge must be used on the same day and so taking the "odd" dose out into the community is very difficult. You can't pre-draw up the vaccine then resheath the syringe, for example. They'd have to be able to do 10-12 housebound people one after the other, on the same day, which is obviously logistically challenging. If a housebound person is receiving nurses, paid carers etc, those people should have been vaccinated so they should be at reduced risk. It's important any family carers keep their distance wherever possible, reduce the number of people giving care and always wear masks and practice good hand hygiene in the home of the housebound person. Sadly no kisses, hugs etc.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"

I'd say it's still early days to think positively given information provided because are I'm sure loads of people who won't be allowed to get any if they suffer from allergic reaction or have allergies as the booklet explains and other medical conditions plus gap between both injections

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

None of those words were spoken in a vaccine clinic. At least you've helped your mother carry out her wish to receive it, unlike my Covidiot mother who ignored the rules, gave her father (my Grandad) Covid and he promptly died. Hopefully your mother has a few more years with her family. My Grandad doesn't have that luxury. Oh, and the day he was taken to hospital, he had an appointment for the jab. I discovered recently that he HAD been offered it sooner, but my mother didn't tell him that a message had been left on his phone. "

Yes they were, I was stood next to her.. They use the words..

Not quite as effective until you've had the second dose..

And strangely, one question is

Are you white British???

WTF? and the answer is logged on the computer...

Go figure

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/01/21 20:15:28]

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

None of those words were spoken in a vaccine clinic. At least you've helped your mother carry out her wish to receive it, unlike my Covidiot mother who ignored the rules, gave her father (my Grandad) Covid and he promptly died. Hopefully your mother has a few more years with her family. My Grandad doesn't have that luxury. Oh, and the day he was taken to hospital, he had an appointment for the jab. I discovered recently that he HAD been offered it sooner, but my mother didn't tell him that a message had been left on his phone.

Are you white British???

Go figure

"

Not quite the same as your previous claim is it.

over a year ago

Are you white British???

Go figure

"

I have been with someone to a vaccination centre and they said You should not expect any immunity for 3 weeks at no point was 15 weeks mentioned so I find it difficult to believe but it was with your mother because I have never heard this before. They may well have said you are not fully protected for 15 weeks but I doubt they have said that it was useless until then!

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

Ok

Let's start from the begining..

Blahh Blahh for a few mins, like name, dob, address, had covid before? Been vaccinated before????

Any known side effects?

Taking any medication?

Answer - yes

Question what? Blood thinners..

No issue, I'll press harder and longer on your arm when I'm done.

White? British? Yes

The vaccine won't protect you from getting covid, nor from spreading it if you catch it.. Please do exactly as you have been doing, stay at home.

It'll take at least 2 weeks for you to start to build up some immunity.. However, please don't change your routine, follow the rules as until you get the second jab that's when it's most successful.. That may be within 12 weeks, we've no idea. Depends on the Government.. Your GP will call you

You may experience side effects.. Flu like symptoms, these should subside after a day or two.. If not call your GP or 111

Happy to go ahead?

Sit over there after for 15mins just incase you have a reaction

So basically.. A virus that you dont know you've got unless you have a test, most don't even show symptoms, a 99.8% recovery rate and for some very strange reason you're asked race and creed before being given a vaccination???

Not a Bame member of our community in any of the 150 in the sports hall apart from one administering the vaccination..

So as I said the vaccination is useless for at least another 15 weeks

There's 66 million in the country.. Lockdowns for at least another 10 months.. Can we stand it?

over a year ago

"Ok

Blahh Blahh for a few mins, like name, dob, address, had covid before? Been vaccinated before????

Any known side effects?

Taking any medication?

Answer - yes

White? British? Yes

The vaccine won't protect you from getting covid, nor from spreading it if you catch it.. Please do exactly as you have been doing, stay at home.

It'll take at least 2 weeks for you to start to build up some immunity.. However, please don't change your routine, follow the rules as until you get the second jab that's when it's most successful.. That may be within 12 weeks, we've no idea. Depends on the Government.. Your GP will call you

You may experience side effects.. Flu like symptoms, these should subside after a day or two.. If not call your GP or 111

Happy to go ahead?

So basically.. A virus that you dont know you've got unless you have a test, most don't even show symptoms, a 99.8% recovery rate and for some very strange reason you're asked race and creed before being given a vaccination???

Not a Bame member of our community in any of the 150 in the sports hall apart from one administering the vaccination..

There's 66 million in the country.. Lockdowns for at least another 10 months.. Can we stand it?

"

OK and thank you for explaining that because that was very different from what you first said.

Surely regardless of your personal views about the virus and the impacts you feel it's a good thing that she had it no?

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

"Ok

Any known side effects?

Taking any medication?

Answer - yes

White? British? Yes

Happy to go ahead?

OK and thank you for explaining that because that was very different from what you first said.

Surely regardless of your personal views about the virus and the impacts you feel it's a good thing that she had it no?"

Yes but reading between the lines..

A drowning man is thrown a rubber ring.. Sorry there's hardly any air in it... I'll be back sometime later and top it up..

Keep treading water

When in the history of Man as there ever been a vaccine developed in two parts??

She's happy to have had her saline today.. Puts her mind at rest I guess..

And apparently, flu has vanished off the face of the earth, according to news reports this morning.

An ageing and sick population kept alive with pills will succumb to a virus..

As I said.. Never seen so many dead people walking..

It's just life, irrespective of human or otherwise

over a year ago

"Ok

Any known side effects?

Taking any medication?

Answer - yes

White? British? Yes

Happy to go ahead?

Surely regardless of your personal views about the virus and the impacts you feel it's a good thing that she had it no?

Yes but reading between the lines..

A drowning man is thrown a rubber ring.. Sorry there's hardly any air in it... I'll be back sometime later and top it up..

Keep treading water

When in the history of Man as there ever been a vaccine developed in two parts??

She's happy to have had her saline today.. Puts her mind at rest I guess..

And apparently, flu has vanished off the face of the earth, according to news reports this morning.

An ageing and sick population kept alive with pills will succumb to a virus..

As I said.. Never seen so many dead people walking..

It's just life, irrespective of human or otherwise

"

Just so you know that the MMR vaccine is and always has been in 2 parts So that is when I history and im sure there have been others.

By *angOnBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Ipswich

Are you white British???

Go figure

I have been with someone to a vaccination centre and they said You should not expect any immunity for 3 weeks at no point was 15 weeks mentioned so I find it difficult to believe but it was with your mother because I have never heard this before. They may well have said you are not fully protected for 15 weeks but I doubt they have said that it was useless until then!"

Fairly obvious really.

Database collected to track with groups are accepting or refusing the vaccine. This data is required to track and is standard

15 weeks is clear also you get your first jab and build immunity over 3 weeks. 12 weeks after first jab and you get you second. 3 weeks to allow top up. There's the 15.

Can't understand all the conspiracy aspects. Dont fully agree with the way things are, but giving this the chance and can understand timeframes etc. For once we're ahead of the curve in a good way and still people complain.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I think it is great, well done the NHS who are sorting this, hopefully the supplies will keep going for the first and second doses

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

"

I think they are asking race questions to collect data as a lot of the bame community are not willing to have the vaccine for various reasons so maybe they just want to know how many are

We got a text from the docs asking us to reply with that info this week

over a year ago

"

I think they are asking race questions to collect data as a lot of the bame community are not willing to have the vaccine for various reasons so maybe they just want to know how many are

We got a text from the docs asking us to reply with that info this week"

Yes they are because I know here in London in a couple of Bouroghs the uptake has been really low particularly in BAME communities and they are trying to get correct and factual information and are trying to get the help of faith and community leaders.

So to me it makes perfect sense that they would collate this information and actually I'm pretty sure you get asked this question for most medical things now in a questionnaire.

By *rman82Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"

Can’t really blame them when you see some of the horrific vaccine issues they have had in Africa.

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

"

So when the data is collected? What then? Forced vaccination?

Curious

What about white British who just don't bother to get vaccinated.. Like the millions of over 50's that don't get a flu jab?

But may catch flu and recover..

Or have a flu jab and die..

To be honest I'm sick to the back teeth of being wrapped in cotton wool..

If I hear the word "safe" again I'll scweem and scweem again

There's a reasonable approach to protection this has gone beyond reasonable..

Not everyone can live forever.. It's just a fact of living

66 million aren't living and 100000 have died

You do the maths

By *rman82Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"

Curious

What about white British who just don't bother to get vaccinated.. Like the millions of over 50's that don't get a flu jab?

You do the maths "

I’m with you on that one, aren’t we selfish?

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

"

Curious

You do the maths

I’m with you on that one, aren’t we selfish?"

No.. The cost, financially and otherwise is almost criminal

And guess what? Schools back end of Feb' and lockdown again begining of April..

Just a guess

By *rman82Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"

Curious

You do the maths

Just a guess "

Couldn’t agree more.

I’m going to predict the kids being out of school even longer, as grim as that is. I don’t they will go back till at least after Easter. Crazy I know but we can probably expect another lockdown shortly after that.

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

"

Curious

You do the maths

Just a guess

Couldn’t agree more.

I’m going to predict the kids being out of school even longer, as grim as that is. I don’t they will go back till at least after Easter. Crazy I know but we can probably expect another lockdown shortly after that."

Yep...

Try it.. Doesn't work.. Repeat... Try again... Doesn't work repeat etc

£2 trillion in debt, 40% of people on furlough and most wont have a job to go back to

Try it.. Didnt work... Repeat

Ohh here's the bill people

£2TRIILON in debt, 66 million with no life, and 100000 deaths..

Somewhat of an over reaction I think...

Stay safe.. Lol

By *rman82Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"

Curious

You do the maths

Just a guess

Couldn’t agree more.

I’m going to predict the kids being out of school even longer, as grim as that is. I don’t they will go back till at least after Easter. Crazy I know but we can probably expect another lockdown shortly after that.

Yep...

£2 trillion in debt, 40% of people on furlough and most wont have a job to go back to

Stay safe.. Lol"

At least we managed to cure Flu and pneumonia.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Good news And looks like if we carry on doing nearly 2 and a 1/2 million a week we will hit the target of doing the top 4 groups by mid February. "

Subject to our global obligations, it'll be great to be able to begin the work of recovery once people are safer

Hooray for science

over a year ago

North West

Are you white British???

Go figure

"

Your original post stated "useless vaccine". They said no such thing, absolutely guaranteed. It's a two dose regime, so the full effectiveness of the vaccine requires, guess what? Two doses. What you're saying is that vaccine clinic staff gave your mother perfectly accurate advice, as they should.

She was asked her ethnicity because the vaccine rollout and it's impact is being assessed post-approval and it is well known there are potential differences in uptake, response and various other things based on ethnic background, genetics etc (which are partly determined by ethnic group). Whilst your mother's skin might be white, that does not mean she is white British. She might in fact be another European, USA, Canadian or other group and may in fact be mixed race. You cannot tell a person's ethnicity by looking at them.

So, all in all, sounds like your mother was properly dealt with and cared for. Bravo!

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

"

Curious

You do the maths

Just a guess

Couldn’t agree more.

Yep...

Stay safe.. Lol

At least we managed to cure Flu and pneumonia."

Yeah.. Hurray for science..

One extra protein and it's a whole different ball game..

Not

over a year ago

North West

"

To add, it's also to assess efficacy and safety in people and if this differs by ethnic group. Which it could, in theory.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Curious

You do the maths

Just a guess

Couldn’t agree more.

Yep...

Stay safe.. Lol"

Presumably we were in credit pre covid?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm glad that we have such advanced technology that most people find it indistinguishable from magic. Being able to detect not only different respiratory viruses, but even individual viruses changing over time. It allows us incredible lives. And to adapt and protect people.

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

"

To add, it's also to assess efficacy and safety in people and if this differs by ethnic group. Which it could, in theory. "

If all groups had it then yes.. As the uptake from the group that have suffered the worst of the total death rate, in general live in crowded domicle arrangements and appear to not want to partake in the experiment.. Then the figure will be distorted..

I'm guessing it's to calcualte the actual uptake of each ethnic group so it'll highlight what needs to be done next..

Could be interesting

over a year ago

North West

"

To add, it's also to assess efficacy and safety in people and if this differs by ethnic group. Which it could, in theory.

If all groups had it then yes.. As the uptake from the group that have suffered the worst of the total death rate, in general live in crowded domicle arrangements and appear to not want to partake in the experiment.. Then the figure will be distorted..

I'm guessing it's to calcualte the actual uptake of each ethnic group so it'll highlight what needs to be done next..

Could be interesting "

If people from certain ethnic groups avoid having it, then that's what the data will show. Reduced overall numbers of those groups and any data on efficacy/safety might not be statistically significant. But if enough white British people take it, we will have good data for that group. That's just what we'll have.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

Curious

"

Not a clue, you would have to ask the people collecting the data

over a year ago

As of now the UK has vaccinated 9.4 million and the target was 13.5 million by the 14th looks like we are going to smash that target this is brilliant news.

Post new Message to Thread