Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

covid restrictions UK

Jump to newest

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

how are u dealing with them/finding them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Shite, bored, sexually frustrated, stressed, sick as fk, fatigued, zapped, head battered.

Apart from that I'm fine n dandy

over a year ago

Just the same as usual apart from no gym.

Work home work home .

Can wait to see the kids and grandkids at Christmas.

over a year ago

It seriously hasn’t changed my life at all.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"Shite, bored, sexually frustrated, stressed, sick as fk, fatigued, zapped, head battered.

Apart from that I'm fine n dandy "

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

"It seriously hasn’t changed my life at all.

"

it has changed my life in my facets. unbelievably.

By *iobhan123Woman
over a year ago

Deal

Groundhog day this time around

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's tough without people

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

I'm doing fine but I question whether these resteictions really are the best policy as I worry about the toll they will have on people's mental wellbeing.

over a year ago

it has changed my life in my facets. unbelievably. "

I don’t know what you mean, sorry.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

It hasn't affected us too much, we are retired, so don't have to go to work and we like being in our home

over a year ago

"It hasn't affected us too much, we are retired, so don't have to go to work and we like being in our home "

It’s been so busy at my work, they’ve actually taken more staff on recently.

I’m feeling run down after working 6 days a week for months so I’m looking forward to having a few days at home doing absolutely nothing

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Apart from not having the option to go to the pub this evening, what restrictions?

over a year ago

"It hasn't affected us too much, we are retired, so don't have to go to work and we like being in our home

I’m feeling run down after working 6 days a week for months so I’m looking forward to having a few days at home doing absolutely nothing "

Try doing roofing for 6 days a week for the last few month.

My body needs the Christmas holidays

over a year ago

"Apart from not having the option to go to the pub this evening, what restrictions? "

Neither drink so not having the option for the gym for us.

over a year ago

Worked thru

Hate shopping..

So ok from that part.

Miss the clubs and social side.

Live rural, so isolated

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"Apart from not having the option to go to the pub this evening, what restrictions?

Neither drink so not having the option for the gym for us."

Roofing 6 days a week... why the hell would you need to pay for a gym

over a year ago

"Apart from not having the option to go to the pub this evening, what restrictions?

Neither drink so not having the option for the gym for us.

Roofing 6 days a week... why the hell would you need to pay for a gym "

It's a old school sawdust gym very good for my mental health

over a year ago

"

^ this

By *elisandre300Woman
over a year ago

dontbefuckingnosey

I’m on half the hours I usually work... with no help at all... and I’ve worked through the whole pandemic... I’m tired, stressed and seriously looking at bankruptcy... so yeah... not affected me at all!

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

Ok with lockdown, miss club scene and friends. Wanna win the lottery.

Hate shopping, work OK, hate winter love summer.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

Government lockdown restrictions make absolutely no difference to me. Given that I've been working to more stringent self imposed rules continuously since mid February. But i am hoping that one of these vaccines, or something anyway, will be effective enough to allow safe interaction with other people once more. I'll weigh the evidence and make my own judgement though, I don't trust any official information from the bunch of shysters running the country.

over a year ago

Vaccines are starting next week in USA. front line workers first, high risk and elderly next. Then the general population. Hope the vaccine works, getting sick of these lockdowns and people dying from this China Virus.

By *innMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

I have my concerns:

The way the government is handling this - shutting down restaurants and bars but keeping cafes and schools open. The university’s were primary in the spread of the second wave - students by the way they live are a major Covid risk. The vaccine development is progressing at a pace where clinical studies of the side effects can’t be established.

Also it’s very strange that smokers are not being talked about or are an issue in this health pandemic, society and the health organisations have had smokers in their sights for years but not a peep on the subject (this includes France, Italy, Spain, USA, Canada) - nobody is flagging the smokers as being a high risk group or an unacceptable burden on an already underfunded and overstretched health industry that is struggling?

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

"I have my concerns:

The way the government is handling this - shutting down restaurants and bars but keeping cafes and schools open. The university’s were primary in the spread of the second wave - students by the way they live are a major Covid risk. The vaccine development is progressing at a pace where clinical studies of the side effects can’t be established.

Also it’s very strange that smokers are not being talked about or are an issue in this health pandemic, society and the health organisations have had smokers in their sights for years but not a peep on the subject (this includes France, Italy, Spain, USA, Canada) - nobody is flagging the smokers as being a high risk group or an unacceptable burden on an already underfunded and overstretched health industry that is struggling?"

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"It hasn't affected us too much, we are retired, so don't have to go to work and we like being in our home

I’m feeling run down after working 6 days a week for months so I’m looking forward to having a few days at home doing absolutely nothing

Try doing roofing for 6 days a week for the last few month.

My body needs the Christmas holidays "

Yes, my husband was doing that most of his working life, so he's glad he took early retirement

over a year ago

"I’m on half the hours I usually work... with no help at all... and I’ve worked through the whole pandemic... I’m tired, stressed and seriously looking at bankruptcy... so yeah... not affected me at all! "

x

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"I have my concerns:

Also it’s very strange that smokers are not being talked about or are an issue in this health pandemic, society and the health organisations have had smokers in their sights for years but not a peep on the subject (this includes France, Italy, Spain, USA, Canada) - nobody is flagging the smokers as being a high risk group or an unacceptable burden on an already underfunded and overstretched health industry that is struggling?"

I did see a French virologist saying smokers weren't catching covid as much as non smokers. It seemed to be providing some protection. He claimed it needed studying. He did also say people should not take up smoking as it's probably more dangerous than covid

over a year ago

"I have my concerns:

Have smokers been proven to be a higher risk then? Or people who have underlying conditions as a result of smoking?

Genuine question not sarcasm...

My understanding is that vaping is of more concern due to vapour, added to the pneumonia that covid can cause

over a year ago

Other than work, very little. Some changes made but honestly it's made little real issues.

over a year ago

"I have my concerns:

Also it’s very strange that smokers are not being talked about or are an issue in this health pandemic, society and the health organisations have had smokers in their sights for years but not a peep on the subject (this includes France, Italy, Spain, USA, Canada) - nobody is flagging the smokers as being a high risk group or an unacceptable burden on an already underfunded and overstretched health industry that is struggling?

I did see a French virologist saying smokers weren't catching covid as much as non smokers. It seemed to be providing some protection. He claimed it needed studying. He did also say people should not take up smoking as it's probably more dangerous than covid "

Probably more a passing personal comment than any genuine study.

As far as smokers being a burden on the NHS, we all know it but there's too much revenue, jobs and businesses involved to seriously try to do anything about it.

Our government doesn't force people but rather tries to encourage them to make right choices. Maybe this policy needs to be rethought in the light of what we've witnessed over the past 9 months.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Eastbourne

Fucked off this time round.

I was put on furlough the 3 months during the first lockdown, worked through this one.

I was looking forward to getting out and trying to lose the weight, I gained earlier on in the year.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

I'm actually coping with this lockdown better than the first one! First time round I was working from home and felt extremely isolated, tired and run down as I was still recovering from COVID that I had in March but I started a new job in October as an essential worker and I'm feeling so much better I get to go to a workplace and be around people we all have to wear masks all shift but I don't mind. The only thing I miss is hugs

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

Boris has sent letters to all tory MPs. To fend off any rebellion in Parliament next week these current restrictions will now only last till the beginning of February and not the end of March. Everything will be reviewed then and re voted on. At last a, little bit of common sense.

By *ustforfun49Man
over a year ago

chesterfield

I'm a key worker so not much as changed for me

over a year ago

Work wise haven't stopped all the way through either so financially I'm compleatly fine but socialy I'm fucked I live alone and currently having a Saturday night alone Xmas is looking bleak I feel so sorry for any one who is going though any mental health stuff right now must be so bleak.

By *innMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"I have my concerns:

Have smokers been proven to be a higher risk then? Or people who have underlying conditions as a result of smoking?

Genuine question not sarcasm...

My understanding is that vaping is of more concern due to vapour, added to the pneumonia that covid can cause"

Well going by the way media and the hospital staff comments I’ve seen smokers are not showing up needing treatment in the numbers or percentages that were expected.

The health authorities are perplexed as they had developed protocols to prioritise who would get treatment if they are overrun with cases and smokers would have been lower down the list for access to ventilators - but they have not had to apply the protocols as smokers are not turning up in the numbers they expected.

By *innMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"I have my concerns:

I did see a French virologist saying smokers weren't catching covid as much as non smokers. It seemed to be providing some protection. He claimed it needed studying. He did also say people should not take up smoking as it's probably more dangerous than covid

Probably more a passing personal comment than any genuine study.

As far as smokers being a burden on the NHS, we all know it but there's too much revenue, jobs and businesses involved to seriously try to do anything about it.

Our government doesn't force people but rather tries to encourage them to make right choices. Maybe this policy needs to be rethought in the light of what we've witnessed over the past 9 months."

The burdens on the NHS are clear to see, it’s overweight, alcohol related and usually elderly when flu sweeps the country. Smokers barely register as a burden these days as it is nowhere near as common or popular.

A family member is a leading consultant in A&E and as you can expect due to pubs and clubs being closed tthe A&E departments across the country are experiencing very quiet periods especially at weekends. Covid admissions get pushed through A&E rapidly.

Post new Message to Thread