Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Isolation

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So, I found out yesterday that I've got to isolate till 9th November!!

I'm not really a stay indoors person...so far this morning I've cleaned the oven with pink stuff, re-arranged the mug cupboard and hoovered the porch!

Any suggestions on jobs I can do will be greatly received lol

Or if anyone just wants a chat, I'd love one.

P.S. this isn't a ploy to get folking chatting, I really am climbing the walls

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Aww bless ya

Wash the car

Cut the grass

Clean the Windows

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

It's a trying time OP.

I plan my day

Currently sweeping leaves up in the garden ...freezing cold, nipples like bullets but hey ho .

over a year ago

"Aww bless ya

Wash the car

Cut the grass

Clean the Windows"

All good suggestions...thank you.

I think I might clean the windows next.

Possibly a bit wet to mow the lawn

over a year ago

"It's a trying time OP.

I plan my day

Currently sweeping leaves up in the garden ...freezing cold, nipples like bullets but hey ho ."

Are you isolating too then?

The rock hard nipples sounds pretty good

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"It's a trying time OP.

I plan my day

Currently sweeping leaves up in the garden ...freezing cold, nipples like bullets but hey ho .

The rock hard nipples sounds pretty good "

Through choice yes not necessity. Going out once a week to get supplies.

over a year ago

"It's a trying time OP.

I plan my day

The rock hard nipples sounds pretty good

Through choice yes not necessity. Going out once a week to get supplies. "

Oh I see...you house must be spotless then lol

Drop me a message if you want to chat more...I'm out of your age range so can't send you one unfortunately.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Aww bless ya

Wash the car

Cut the grass

Clean the Windows

"

Try cooking mate that passes the time and is productive, last time i was in isolation i made loads of different soups and froze them even had a go at making bread.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am fortunate not to be isolating at this time, but I have had to stay at home as I was expecting a parcel!

While I waited for Royal Mail I spent a good couple of hours viewing digital photos I had stored on my P.C. and sorting some into new files!

It was a nice thing to do as I had forgotten some of the cool things I had done in the past decade!

So how about you sort through your albums be they physical or digital & take a trip down memory lane!

over a year ago

"Aww bless ya

Wash the car

Cut the grass

Clean the Windows

Try cooking mate that passes the time and is productive, last time i was in isolation i made loads of different soups and froze them even had a go at making bread. "

Made a lemon drizzle earlier (forgot to put that) lol

Great suggestions

over a year ago

"I am fortunate not to be isolating at this time, but I have had to stay at home as I was expecting a parcel!

While I waited for Royal Mail I spent a good couple of hours viewing digital photos I had stored on my P.C. and sorting some into new files!

It was a nice thing to do as I had forgotten some of the cool things I had done in the past decade!

So how about you sort through your albums be they physical or digital & take a trip down memory lane!"

Thanks Bella

I think I'll go digital as the physical ones are hidden under tonnes of crap in the loft lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Split the home into priority deep cleaning and reorganisation zones. Subdivide into 30 minute units, so you can get completion without exhaustion or boredom.

Get the garden ready for next year. Add wildlife features, including hedgehog hibernation places. Insects hibernate too, so look at homemade options, including using twigs, unused pots etc.

Clear leaves, as these help some wildlife such as slugs, to prosper and breed rapidly. Use the leaves in a compost bin or pile that you can start, as well as for hibernating animals such as hedgehogs. Weed out perennial s before they die back.

Assess your garden for 4 season interest - colour, flowering, cut flowers and foliage for indoors. Research how you could rebalance any deficits - more seasonal variation and coverage etc. Plan a different gardening feature from this year, in addition to the wildlife changes. Measure and plan it, on paper or computer.

There's still time for a riot of colour from spring to early summer from autumn planted bulbs. They're fairly cheap for the almost ready made ease of colour and impact. Many are great in pots and tubs. Tulips are better planted late, as they can often rot in the wrong areas - pot grown have good drainage and can be planted now through to December. Different varieties cover several months of Flowering, so you could plan a succession of flowers. Lots of different colours and flower types, including parrot, with fringes through to the traditional slim Dutch types.

over a year ago

"Split the home into priority deep cleaning and reorganisation zones. Subdivide into 30 minute units, so you can get completion without exhaustion or boredom.

Get the garden ready for next year. Add wildlife features, including hedgehog hibernation places. Insects hibernate too, so look at homemade options, including using twigs, unused pots etc.

Clear leaves, as these help some wildlife such as slugs, to prosper and breed rapidly. Use the leaves in a compost bin or pile that you can start, as well as for hibernating animals such as hedgehogs. Weed out perennial s before they die back.

Assess your garden for 4 season interest - colour, flowering, cut flowers and foliage for indoors. Research how you could rebalance any deficits - more seasonal variation and coverage etc. Plan a different gardening feature from this year, in addition to the wildlife changes. Measure and plan it, on paper or computer.

There's still time for a riot of colour from spring to early summer from autumn planted bulbs. They're fairly cheap for the almost ready made ease of colour and impact. Many are great in pots and tubs. Tulips are better planted late, as they can often rot in the wrong areas - pot grown have good drainage and can be planted now through to December. Different varieties cover several months of Flowering, so you could plan a succession of flowers. Lots of different colours and flower types, including parrot, with fringes through to the traditional slim Dutch types.

"

Wow, Sophieslut, this is one of the most considered responses ever...thank you.

By *oson-BlueCouple
over a year ago

North Kent

"I am fortunate not to be isolating at this time, but I have had to stay at home as I was expecting a parcel!

So how about you sort through your albums be they physical or digital & take a trip down memory lane!

Thanks Bella

I think I'll go digital as the physical ones are hidden under tonnes of crap in the loft lol"

Sort the loft out that should pass a few days

over a year ago

Thanks Bella

I think I'll go digital as the physical ones are hidden under tonnes of crap in the loft lol

Sort the loft out that should pass a few days "

More like weeks with my loft

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

We're in quarantine until 9th November as well.

over a year ago

"We're in quarantine until 9th November as well.

"

Fancy chatting tomorrow? Lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Buy a big box of jigsaw puzzle - that will kill a few hours or days of your free time

over a year ago

"Buy a big box of jigsaw puzzle - that will kill a few hours or days of your free time "

Hmmmm...not sure I'm a jigsaw type of person lol

Post new Message to Thread