FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Raising up children with the mask culture.

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I have been wondering about this one for a while and that is how will their social development go as in terms of they cant read facial expression and in some cases maybe not reqognise a person, what is your view of it, does the mask hinder that social development side?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes but thats why the need for emoji masks

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Yes but thats why the need for emoji masks"
Yes they do. I have seen few of those emoji masks too they are fun.

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"I have been wondering about this one for a while and that is how will their social development go as in terms of they cant read facial expression and in some cases maybe not reqognise a person, what is your view of it, does the mask hinder that social development side?"

They can video chat and see each others faces. We couldn't, but did that hinder our social development?

I'm sure they will be fine. They're are currently more places to be maskless than masked (outside, pubs, restaurants, school classrooms), but if that changes and it carries on for too long, I expect mask design to change.

We already have clear masks and I've seen someone selling one with an integrated LED display to allow them to communicate better.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

The places they have to wear masks is not a huge part of their social development world, shopping, transport, walks to school, so I can’t see it being an issue

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"I have been wondering about this one for a while and that is how will their social development go as in terms of they cant read facial expression and in some cases maybe not reqognise a person, what is your view of it, does the mask hinder that social development side?

They can video chat and see each others faces. We couldn't, but did that hinder our social development?

I'm sure they will be fine. They're are currently more places to be maskless than masked (outside, pubs, restaurants, school classrooms), but if that changes and it carries on for too long, I expect mask design to change.

We already have clear masks and I've seen someone selling one with an integrated LED display to allow them to communicate better. "

Yes video chattibg is another way and those led displays is a good idea as well

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"The places they have to wear masks is not a huge part of their social development world, shopping, transport, walks to school, so I can’t see it being an issue "
That is also right, unless they dont change the restrictions lets hope not.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The young mind is extraordinarily gifted in its ability to learn and be flexible. As with multiple language learning at a young age, it will manage very easily to learn social interaction skills when unmasked, which will be the majority of the time.

I'd be concerned more about them learning from some of the antisocial and stupid mindsets that too many have.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/10/20 11:46:38]

over a year ago

Kids can adapt far more easily then adults...dont worry about them as this is a case of adults getting over anxious about it far more then the kids will..

over a year ago

I think our eyes and their expression is the best thing to read,, maybe they will actually be better adapted at reading eye expression... but yeh children aren’t actually having to deal with mask much other than shopping and essential house visits like repairs etc.they will be fine.the biggest worry for this next generation is anxiety levels. The more you are exposed to anxiety the harder it is to shut it of, at the moment they are dealing with their own with uncomfortable changes in their schedules, parents depending on how well they are at hiding it and dealing with it and even their teachers who they are putting at risk. I hope mindfulness is added to the curriculum next year and that enough parents are aware and can teach meditation or another stress management techniques

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"The places they have to wear masks is not a huge part of their social development world, shopping, transport, walks to school, so I can’t see it being an issue "

This

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"Kids can adapt far more easily then adults...dont worry about them as this is a case of adults getting over anxious about it far more then the kids will.."
very true a few years from now this will all be behind us.

Kids deal with devorce,death etc so masks are a minor problem.

Of course there will be thiose parents and lawers who will somehow try to make money saying kids are damaged.They handled the blitz and gasmasks ok.

By *oAnCouple
over a year ago

Wandsworth

I just hope the child that came home with me from the shops in April is mine as I haven't seen her/ his face since then

over a year ago

Personally I'd bring back the 'Child Catcher'and then dump up North

over a year ago

The ugly kids seem to be dealing with it quite well .

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Kids can adapt far more easily then adults...dont worry about them as this is a case of adults getting over anxious about it far more then the kids will.."

The kids I've run into have seemed pretty happy with an exaggerated happy hello and an eyebrow wiggle

"The grown ups are wearing these to help stop each other get sick" seems a reasonable explanation, and they get full facial expressions where it matters

Post new Message to Thread