FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Hospitals full, patients dying in corridors.

Jump to newest

By *limmatureguy OP   Man
over a year ago

Tonbridge

That was the headline on the BBC in 2018. The text says 'Hospital bosses said they had run out of beds as they battle with "very high" rates of flu.

Last week, there was a point when 133 out of 137 hospital trusts in England had an unsafe number of patients on their wards, NHS records show.'

They didn't suggest a full lock down in 2018 to reduce the flu transmission and take the pressure of the NHS.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

OP

You can't compare a bad years flu with a global pandemic of a new virus.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"OP

You can't compare a bad years flu with a global pandemic of a new virus."

He'll try, again and again and again. Every time he does it, there is a raft of sourced facts and common sense from people in medical fields. This will duly be ignored or glossed over and the. A couple of days later, another post on the same thing.

over a year ago

"That was the headline on the BBC in 2018. The text says 'Hospital bosses said they had run out of beds as they battle with "very high" rates of flu.

Last week, there was a point when 133 out of 137 hospital trusts in England had an unsafe number of patients on their wards, NHS records show.'

They didn't suggest a full lock down in 2018 to reduce the flu transmission and take the pressure of the NHS. "

OP what is your point?

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"That was the headline on the BBC in 2018. The text says 'Hospital bosses said they had run out of beds as they battle with "very high" rates of flu.

"

Not true anyway.

over a year ago

Tonbridge

"OP

Except we get new flu strains each year. As for coronavirus being new, there are several other corona viruses that are common cold varieties which may actual provide immunity against covid 19.

over a year ago

"OP

Except we get new flu strains each year. As for coronavirus being new, there are several other corona viruses that are common cold varieties which may actual provide immunity against covid 19."

What are you trying to achieve? If it's being exagerated, can you explain why all the countries in the world suddenly agree on 1 thing, the pandemic, when they never have on any one subject before?

over a year ago

"OP

Except we get new flu strains each year. As for coronavirus being new, there are several other corona viruses that are common cold varieties which may actual provide immunity against covid 19."

"There are no ancester-less viruses" was a quote I read recently which means although new this isnt entirely new, and people have been shown to have remembered immunity as it is the same family of virus of ones we have already encountered. Im sure people can google it if they want the source.

over a year ago

Tonbridge

"OP

Except we get new flu strains each year. As for coronavirus being new, there are several other corona viruses that are common cold varieties which may actual provide immunity against covid 19.

What are you trying to achieve? If it's being exagerated, can you explain why all the countries in the world suddenly agree on 1 thing, the pandemic, when they never have on any one subject before?"

China set the stage for a lock down and provided initial estimates of a death rate of 2-3%. Imperial College looked at 1300 returning passengers infection rates and came up with an ifr and then predicted 800,000 deaths in the UK if we didn't lock down. So governments around the world lock down was necessary. Since then it has been shown the ifr is a fraction of that and studies have shown that the lock down had little effect and that the virus fizzled out on its own as they all do. Sweden showed this since their numbers came down the same way that all the others did.

The governments have painted themselves into a corner, anyone who objects to a lock down is a heartless bastard since any death from covid will be blamed on the person who objected to the most stringent measure proposed. Yet if someone dies from flu it's just one of those things.

What we have now is a typical winter respiratory disease rise that puts pressure on hospitals in the winter in a bad year.

over a year ago

"OP

What are you trying to achieve? If it's being exagerated, can you explain why all the countries in the world suddenly agree on 1 thing, the pandemic, when they never have on any one subject before?

China set the stage for a lock down and provided initial estimates of a death rate of 2-3%. Imperial College looked at 1300 returning passengers infection rates and came up with an ifr and then predicted 800,000 deaths in the UK if we didn't lock down. So governments around the world lock down was necessary. Since then it has been shown the ifr is a fraction of that and studies have shown that the lock down had little effect and that the virus fizzled out on its own as they all do. Sweden showed this since their numbers came down the same way that all the others did.

The governments have painted themselves into a corner, anyone who objects to a lock down is a heartless bastard since any death from covid will be blamed on the person who objected to the most stringent measure proposed. Yet if someone dies from flu it's just one of those things.

What we have now is a typical winter respiratory disease rise that puts pressure on hospitals in the winter in a bad year."

Remarkable, but predictable, lack of evidence and sources. I have to ask, have you been following the safety guidance during the pandemic where you are?

over a year ago

"OP

What we have now is a typical winter respiratory disease rise that puts pressure on hospitals in the winter in a bad year."

Except that it is t typical as a significant number of the patients are being admitted to hospital with Covid not Flu. We haven't even got to the traditionally worst part of the Flu season yet.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"OP

you ever had pneumonia op?

just asking.... I was in hospital for 2 weeks... I was hours from going into an ICU, I ended up having to have fluid drained from my lungs to the point doctors were amazed how i managed to breath....

I wouldn't wish the type of pneumonia i had on anyone

so I wouldn't wish covid induced pneumonia on anyone

pneumonia really fucks with your system, mine cause lung scaring.... i was off work for 3 months!

By *lan157Man
over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"OP

What we have now is a typical winter respiratory disease rise that puts pressure on hospitals in the winter in a bad year.

Except that it is t typical as a significant number of the patients are being admitted to hospital with Covid not Flu. We haven't even got to the traditionally worst part of the Flu season yet."

Maybe we won't since everyone is wearing face coverings in shops and on public transport . Maybe this will impact on flu transmission too .

over a year ago

Tonbridge

"OP

just asking.... I was in hospital for 2 weeks... I was hours from going into an ICU, I ended up having to have fluid drained from my lungs to the point doctors were amazed how i managed to breath....

pneumonia really fucks with your system, mine cause lung scaring.... i was off work for 3 months!"

We don't lock down the economy to prevent one person getting pneumonia, we don't do it to prevent 10 getting pneumonia, we wouldn't do it to stop 1000 getting pneumonia because it would be too expensive. We would expect the NHS to treat the patients. We are now causing billions of pounds of economic damage for disease that is far less serious than originally thought. The government can't admit that so it waiting to use the vaccine as an escape plan.

This why the need the tier 3 lock downs. If the numbers in Manchester were to go back down before the lock down is imposed (as they are doing) then it will show lock downs are not necessary,

over a year ago

"OP

pneumonia really fucks with your system, mine cause lung scaring.... i was off work for 3 months!

We don't lock down the economy to prevent one person getting pneumonia, we don't do it to prevent 10 getting pneumonia, we wouldn't do it to stop 1000 getting pneumonia because it would be too expensive. We would expect the NHS to treat the patients. We are now causing billions of pounds of economic damage for disease that is far less serious than originally thought. The government can't admit that so it waiting to use the vaccine as an escape plan.

This why the need the tier 3 lock downs. If the numbers in Manchester were to go back down before the lock down is imposed (as they are doing) then it will show lock downs are not necessary, "

And all the other countries are doing exactly the same thing.... Really?

over a year ago

Tonbridge

"OP

This why the need the tier 3 lock downs. If the numbers in Manchester were to go back down before the lock down is imposed (as they are doing) then it will show lock downs are not necessary,

And all the other countries are doing exactly the same thing.... Really? "

Look at the flak Sweden get for not doing the same thing.

over a year ago

"OP

And all the other countries are doing exactly the same thing.... Really?

Look at the flak Sweden get for not doing the same thing."

Not an answer! And when you say flak...... You mean a little abuse from the tabloids

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"OP

He can

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Look at the flak Sweden get for not doing the same thing."

and its back to the "lets compare ourselves to sweden" argument....

here is a spoiler for you.... only the countries that have dealt with this pandemic really badly are looking lovingly at sweden....

if you want to compare how sweden REALLY did.... compare it to its neighbours... compare sweden to denmark, or norway, or finland... or iceland....

want another spoiler..... its not good!!!

over a year ago

"

Look at the flak Sweden get for not doing the same thing.

and its back to the "lets compare ourselves to sweden" argument....

here is a spoiler for you.... only the countries that have dealt with this pandemic really badly are looking lovingly at sweden....

if you want to compare how sweden REALLY did.... compare it to its neighbours... compare sweden to denmark, or norway, or finland... or iceland....

want another spoiler..... its not good!!!"

Theres an old saying, women fools and children should never look at a job half done.

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

They didn't suggest a full lock down in 2018 to reduce the flu transmission and take the pressure of the NHS. "

Try working in a hospital rather than being an internet / keyboard warrior

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

Its just odd why some guys who have no idea what's going on in the hospitals seem to think they have some kind of insight by reading an article online. All its showing is ignorance

over a year ago

Tonbridge

They didn't suggest a full lock down in 2018 to reduce the flu transmission and take the pressure of the NHS.

Try working in a hospital rather than being an internet / keyboard warrior "

I don't work in a hospital I just pay for them by trying to continue working through this and paying my taxes.

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

I don't work in a hospital I just pay for them by trying to continue working through this and paying my taxes."

I guessed you had no idea it really does show

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

I don't work in a hospital I just pay for them by trying to continue working through this and paying my taxes."

I am so pleased for you working hard and must be earning billions to pay for the hospitals though

over a year ago

That would be an interesting exercise,,having the doubters/know it alls spending a 12 hour shift on a Covid ward, can’t see many volunteers for that so why don’t we just acknowledge this is no fairy tale, it’s serious. How hard is it to take a few simple precautions?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

As do most other people.

By *urekamanfor2Man
over a year ago

Shoreham

Very immature. That's simply embarrassing

By *ornyone30Man
over a year ago

ABERDEEN

Op

Just imagine what its going to be mid flu season and thousands of covid cases on top of that? Many people wont even be able to get a corridor space.

over a year ago

Hospitals always start to fill this time of year it's nothing special, if they get a bout of Nora virus like in 2018 they get overwhelmed very easily.

I'm all in favour of restrictions in order to keep hospitals from getting overwhelmed on short term scale however there has to be an endgame plan.

This government seems out of its depth and unable to take tough decisions either way.

By * Plus ECouple
over a year ago

The South

I really don't get what it is that some people don't get about a global pandemic, that's never been experienced or treated before.

I really don't get why some people try to compare eggs with camels.

I really don't get why some people think this is a conspiracy, when every country in the world is suffering the same challenges.

Sometimes, I just don't get some people.

Their apparent ignorance is breathtaking.

E

over a year ago

"I really don't get what it is that some people don't get about a global pandemic, that's never been experienced or treated before.

I really don't get why some people think this is a conspiracy, when every country in the world is suffering the same challenges.

E

"

over a year ago

In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died. That's fairly on par with a typical season, and well below the CDC's 2017-2018 estimates of 48.8 million illnesses, 959,000 hospitalizations and 79,400 deaths.20 Jun 2019.... "SOURCE" CDC

over a year ago

That's so funny lol....

Its amazing how far the tax revenue goes then from a minimum wage earner!

over a year ago

"I really don't get what it is that some people don't get about a global pandemic, that's never been experienced or treated before.

E

"

By *urekamanfor2Man
over a year ago

Shoreham

I don't work in a hospital I just pay for them by trying to continue working through this and paying my taxes.

That's so funny lol....

Its amazing how far the tax revenue goes then from a minimum wage earner!"

Lol or maybe he is just delusional?

over a year ago

That's so funny lol....

Its amazing how far the tax revenue goes then from a minimum wage earner!

Lol or maybe he is just delusional?

Ahh the old ‘I pay my taxes’ I can do say what I want

"

over a year ago

Are only nhs staff allowed an opinion on a pandemic that affects both health and economic outcomes.

I hope not.

over a year ago

Are only nhs staff allowed an opinion on a pandemic that affects both health and economic outcomes.

I hope not."

No, but they do have opinions and maybe they have better informed views of what is really happening, we can quote stats all day, they can say what you want them to say or what you want to believe

over a year ago

Tonbridge

Another example of the madness is Ireland going full lock down when an average of about 5 people a day are dying with covid.

By * Plus ECouple
over a year ago

The South

"Another example of the madness is Ireland going full lock down when an average of about 5 people a day are dying with covid."

The one redeeming detail of your post is that you didn't say "only five people"

You do get how this virus spreads?

You do get that some people will never recover from it?

I'm totally lost how you just don't get this situation at all.

With the wealth of detailed, factual information that's available out there, how you can be this ignorant beggars belief.

E

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"Another example of the madness is Ireland going full lock down when an average of about 5 people a day are dying with covid."

Maybe it’s the fact their current case numbers are higher than at their peak back in April; maybe they want to protect as many individuals as possible not just from dying but the possibility of long Covid symptoms.

over a year ago

Tonbridge

"Another example of the madness is Ireland going full lock down when an average of about 5 people a day are dying with covid.

Maybe it’s the fact their current case numbers are higher than at their peak back in April; maybe they want to protect as many individuals as possible not just from dying but the possibility of long Covid symptoms."

Case numbers mean nothing, no doubt if we had conducted PCR tests for flu on 100,000 per day in 2018 we would have had huge numbers of positives but if people a dying in small numbers it's business as usually.

Ireland had three deaths a day a month ago, three deaths yesterday, the epidemic has passed, this is the winter mild surge in respiratory illnesses and nothing like the peak in March.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"Another example of the madness is Ireland going full lock down when an average of about 5 people a day are dying with covid.

Maybe it’s the fact their current case numbers are higher than at their peak back in April; maybe they want to protect as many individuals as possible not just from dying but the possibility of long Covid symptoms.

Case numbers mean nothing, no doubt if we had conducted PCR tests for flu on 100,000 per day in 2018 we would have had huge numbers of positives but if people a dying in small numbers it's business as usually.

Ireland had three deaths a day a month ago, three deaths yesterday, the epidemic has passed, this is the winter mild surge in respiratory illnesses and nothing like the peak in March."

So say you, others think differently

By *reemindCoolMan
over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

the problem is we will have the flue going around as well as covid its not a case of covid instead of the flu

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/10/20 09:37:09]

over a year ago

Tonbridge

Ireland had three deaths a day a month ago, three deaths yesterday, the epidemic has passed, this is the winter mild surge in respiratory illnesses and nothing like the peak in March.

So say you, others think differently "

Do you think the Irish people would have accepted a full lock down in March if it had been brought in because of 3 people a day dying?

over a year ago

OP kind of reminds me of Lord Haw Haw...

over a year ago

Do you think the Irish people would have accepted a full lock down in March if it had been brought in because of 3 people a day dying?"

What point are you trying to make? Each time someone asks you a direct question regarding this, or evidence, you switch topic slightly. Are you a politician? If you don't have any real evidence, but your opinion is.... Just say, everyone's entitled to an opinion! The thing that seems to be annoying folk is that you're just trying to wind people up. And in the current climate, that's just not nice is it?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Can you imagine how many there would have been without millions getting the vaccine

over a year ago

Apparently if you pay tax it entitles you to spurt complete nonsense in the forums

By *ussex team upMan
over a year ago

Sussex

"Apparently if you pay tax it entitles you to spurt complete nonsense in the forums "

I wondered why there was so much utter nonsense

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

Do you think the Irish people would have accepted a full lock down in March if it had been brought in because of 3 people a day dying?"

This is OCTOBER in case you've been asleep

over a year ago

Tonbridge

Can you imagine how many there would have been without millions getting the vaccine

"

The reason the numbers were high was because the vaccine was largely ineffective because they chose the wrong variants to target in the vaccine.

By *ussex team upMan
over a year ago

Sussex

Ireland had three deaths a day a month ago, three deaths yesterday, the epidemic has passed, this is the winter mild surge in respiratory illnesses and nothing like the peak in March."

Ireland just locked down for 6 weeks. 1200 cases 40 in ICU

I wonder why mmmmm think most can work it out ? ( not all though - I wonder why ?)

over a year ago

Tonbridge

Do you think the Irish people would have accepted a full lock down in March if it had been brought in because of 3 people a day dying?

This is OCTOBER in case you've been asleep "

Ah, so a lock down is warranted for a death rate of 3 a day because it is October.

If you want to see the evidence simply Google 'Ireland covid' and Google will show you a graph of the cases/deaths on the search page. You can do it for any county and see how October is not March.

over a year ago

My mate has just called me he's a nurse on ICU ward, he said most ICU wards start filling up this time of year, covid or no covid

By *arahspiceCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Ireland just locked down for 6 weeks. 1200 cases 40 in ICU

I wonder why mmmmm think most can work it out ? ( not all though - I wonder why ?)"

Its beginning to look serious in Ireland too .... i have friends in Dublin and it's not looking great

over a year ago

"My mate has just called me he's a nurse on ICU ward, he said most ICU wards start filling up this time of year, covid or no covid"
...your mate down the pub...hope you are both having an intimate meal too

over a year ago

Tonbridge

What point are you trying to make? Each time someone asks you a direct question regarding this, or evidence, you switch topic slightly. Are you a politician? If you don't have any real evidence, but your opinion is.... Just say, everyone's entitled to an opinion! The thing that seems to be annoying folk is that you're just trying to wind people up. And in the current climate, that's just not nice is it? "

I started this thread with evidence that hospitals fill up in Winter, some years they get close to breaking point. Never before in human history have we decided to lock down the population to try and suppress a virus. Now, somehow, it has been the default response.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I started this thread with evidence that hospitals fill up in Winter, some years they get close to breaking point. Never before in human history have we decided to lock down the population to try and suppress a virus. Now, somehow, it has been the default response."

Another way to look at it, is our hospitals are normally at breaking point in the winter because of the usual illnesses around associated with the season, it really cannot cope with this new virus on top of the usual illnesses

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Figures showing that the 25-44 group are getting hit hard.

Not sure how this will tie in with the 'why are we crashing the economy to protect a load of 80 year old's narrative?

By *arahspiceCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

"Figures showing that the 25-44 group are getting hit hard.

Not sure how this will tie in with the 'why are we crashing the economy to protect a load of 80 year old's narrative?"

Exactly, those immature covidiots will probably be googling as we speak to come up with more nonsense though

By *ussex team upMan
over a year ago

Sussex

"Figures showing that the 25-44 group are getting hit hard.

Not sure how this will tie in with the 'why are we crashing the economy to protect a load of 80 year old's narrative?

Exactly, those immature covidiots will probably be googling as we speak to come up with more nonsense though

"

The slim ones you mean lol

over a year ago

What point are you trying to make? Each time someone asks you a direct question regarding this, or evidence, you switch topic slightly. Are you a politician? If you don't have any real evidence, but your opinion is.... Just say, everyone's entitled to an opinion! The thing that seems to be annoying folk is that you're just trying to wind people up. And in the current climate, that's just not nice is it?

I started this thread with evidence that hospitals fill up in Winter, some years they get close to breaking point. Never before in human history have we decided to lock down the population to try and suppress a virus. Now, somehow, it has been the default response."

So would you think that since the response has been unilateral and worldwide, that maybe there's something we don't know? Maybe some decisions are made with a bigger picture in mind. The greatest technological advancement in our lifetime has been lauded to be the internet. It is also the single greatest setback in human intellectual evolution. No one thinks things through for themselves anymore, they just read something online and assume it must be true. We've been raised to believe in the written word, all our eduction is based on mass produced factual script. So we're more inclined to believe something we read than something we hear. It's why I take such personal issue with some of the staggering misinformation passed off as fact in the forums. Someone will read what you write, believe it, and behave differently because it. Be careful what you write, it has the power to cause immense harm.

over a year ago

Difference is this is an extra virus on top of flu

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

Thing is we are being lied to in certain aspects. It isn’t killing millions more than normal, it isn’t even killing hundreds of thousands more than normal.

I suggest people go to a site called

Our World In Data & look at their “Excess mortality during the Covid pandemic” report, especially the graph.

CV19 is real, people are still dying.

But that doesn’t mean we aren’t still being fed shit.

S

over a year ago

Tonbridge

I started this thread with evidence that hospitals fill up in Winter, some years they get close to breaking point. Never before in human history have we decided to lock down the population to try and suppress a virus. Now, somehow, it has been the default response.

So would you think that since the response has been unilateral and worldwide, that maybe there's something we don't know? Maybe some decisions are made with a bigger picture in mind. The greatest technological advancement in our lifetime has been lauded to be the internet. It is also the single greatest setback in human intellectual evolution. No one thinks things through for themselves anymore, they just read something online and assume it must be true. We've been raised to believe in the written word, all our eduction is based on mass produced factual script. So we're more inclined to believe something we read than something we hear. It's why I take such personal issue with some of the staggering misinformation passed off as fact in the forums. Someone will read what you write, believe it, and behave differently because it. Be careful what you write, it has the power to cause immense harm."

What the Internet allows us to do is research information ourselves and not be spoon-fed the information the government want us to have. The BBC is a prime example of towing the government line with its constant articles on what we can and can't do under the latest arbitrary rules. Followed by a report from an ICU bed with a patient in, ideally one that doesn't look too old to push the idea that the young are equally at risk. They will follow it up with an article about long covid interviewing someone who didn't actually get a positive test but is convinced their general malaise is due to covid.

Thirty years ago the BBC news would be the only information anybody would get in the UK. Now you can find the original research papers from anywhere in the world. You can compare the spin put on a study with what the study actually said.

Slowly the tide will turn and people will realise we are being led down a path to economic ruin long after the epidemic is over.

By *ocialcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Great Barr

I think Paris has a point which is worth some consideration at least. I was in Ireland two weeks ago and had reason to sit in the car park of a hospital on two consecutive days for about 6 hours each day waiting for my daughter who was having a minor surgical procedure. The public including myself could not enter the hospital due to Covid restrictions. However, patients were free to walk out to smoke despite signs posted everywhere that smoking is banned in the hospital and the hospital grounds. I witnessed approx 20 patients wearing dressing gowns come out and enter cars to visit friends who had come to visit and parked in the car park. After approx an hour sitting in a packed car they just walked back into the hospital unchallenged. It makes a total mockery of all the Covid restrictions. This is not an isolated case as similar incidents which can cause transmission are happening everywhere including the UK. The surgeons, doctors and some nurses are brilliant but the hospital management and support staff leave a lot to be desired in every hospital. And another thing ... I personally know of two people with late stage cancer who have died and the deaths have been attributed to Covid-19. Of the 43,000 or so deaths in the UK, which have occurred and been attributed to Covid what is the true figure?

over a year ago

So would you think that since the response has been unilateral and worldwide, that maybe there's something we don't know? Maybe some decisions are made with a bigger picture in mind. The greatest technological advancement in our lifetime has been lauded to be the internet. It is also the single greatest setback in human intellectual evolution. No one thinks things through for themselves anymore, they just read something online and assume it must be true. We've been raised to believe in the written word, all our eduction is based on mass produced factual script. So we're more inclined to believe something we read than something we hear. It's why I take such personal issue with some of the staggering misinformation passed off as fact in the forums. Someone will read what you write, believe it, and behave differently because it. Be careful what you write, it has the power to cause immense harm.

What the Internet allows us to do is research information ourselves and not be spoon-fed the information the government want us to have. The BBC is a prime example of towing the government line with its constant articles on what we can and can't do under the latest arbitrary rules. Followed by a report from an ICU bed with a patient in, ideally one that doesn't look too old to push the idea that the young are equally at risk. They will follow it up with an article about long covid interviewing someone who didn't actually get a positive test but is convinced their general malaise is due to covid.

Thirty years ago the BBC news would be the only information anybody would get in the UK. Now you can find the original research papers from anywhere in the world. You can compare the spin put on a study with what the study actually said.

Slowly the tide will turn and people will realise we are being led down a path to economic ruin long after the epidemic is over.

"

If I do enough "research" on Google, I can find someone that will assure me the moon is made of cheese and NASA is covering it up to protect dairy farmers. The problem with millions of people suddenly hitting Google and turning up research papers from all over the world is that they have no background in interpreting them. That isn't a slight on peoples intelligence, just that they are suddenly trying to make sense of something with no underlying background in how to. It's like asking a highly qualified engineer to suddenly perform open heart surgery.

over a year ago

Tonbridge

"I think Paris has a point which is worth some consideration at least. I was in Ireland two weeks ago and had reason to sit in the car park of a hospital on two consecutive days for about 6 hours each day waiting for my daughter who was having a minor surgical procedure. The public including myself could not enter the hospital due to Covid restrictions. However, patients were free to walk out to smoke despite signs posted everywhere that smoking is banned in the hospital and the hospital grounds. I witnessed approx 20 patients wearing dressing gowns come out and enter cars to visit friends who had come to visit and parked in the car park. After approx an hour sitting in a packed car they just walked back into the hospital unchallenged. It makes a total mockery of all the Covid restrictions. This is not an isolated case as similar incidents which can cause transmission are happening everywhere including the UK. The surgeons, doctors and some nurses are brilliant but the hospital management and support staff leave a lot to be desired in every hospital. And another thing ... I personally know of two people with late stage cancer who have died and the deaths have been attributed to Covid-19. Of the 43,000 or so deaths in the UK, which have occurred and been attributed to Covid what is the true figure?"

Also how many people go into hospital with a serious illness, then actually catch covid in the hospital, when they then die of their illness, their positive test will attribute the death to covid.

By *ess37Woman
over a year ago

Nantwich

"

British media is on the list of 10 most untrustworthy in the world - it’s a fact! ...... MischiefManaged you’ve made a very strong point on here but it works both ways - there is just as much misinformation on social media as much as in the newspapers and TV so what is even more dangerous is when masses watch BBC news every day and it’s their primary and on most occasions the only source of information - there isn’t much news from abroad these days and if there is it’s tailored to what is ‘right’ to say at that specific moment. WHO information is sipped through and only the more comfortable facts are shared in U.K. Any researches done abroad and results which are not in line with what most want to hear are not spoken about. I’ve always been a strong believer that Numbers Never Lie but 1 + 1 seems to equate to 10 when it becomes a tool in hands of ‘influencers’.

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

"

And that unfortunately is the utter truth...

Dr Reiner Fuellmich, attorney of law, member of the The German Corona Extra-Parliamentary Inquiry Committee launched July 10, 2020, was founded by four trial attorneys to investigate and prosecute those responsible for implementing the economically devastating lockdowns around the world, as well as using fraudulent testing...

google that...video in English as he is a German/American lawyer, known for trials like the VW emissions scandal and the Deutsche Bank frauds...

Google the numbers scam by NPHET which gives a video clip of a Special Covid meeting with the HPSC (Health Protection Surveillance Center), dated 29th September, where it is still confirmed, (but omitted from mainstream media) that the admission of a patient with a broken leg into hospital, for example, and the patient happens to tests positive for Covid 19 (using the PCR test which is not a diagnostic tool for Covid 19 - fact, see my long winded post by using the green arrow) is STILL added to the numbers admitted to hospital as a Covid case...how that is not skewing the numbers and reality is beyond me...

The lockdown implemented by the Irish government on advice of NPHET was clearly accompanied by our leaders admission that the HSE and Irish hospitals are coping well, not at capacity, given the time of year we are in...he clearly implied after being questioned by journalists what the exit strategy is that these are the measures that will be taken for as long as there is no vaccine, and the country has funds and the capacity to borrow to keep the economy going...I have no links for this as I watched this live on the RTE news...I'm sure that can be googled or played on Player...

By *ess37Woman
over a year ago

Nantwich

Dr Reiner Fuellmich, attorney of law, member of the The German Corona Extra-Parliamentary Inquiry Committee launched July 10, 2020, was founded by four trial attorneys to investigate and prosecute those responsible for implementing the economically devastating lockdowns around the world, as well as using fraudulent testing...

google that...video in English as he is a German/American lawyer, known for trials like the VW emissions scandal and the Deutsche Bank frauds...

Google the numbers scam by NPHET which gives a video clip of a Special Covid meeting with the HPSC (Health Protection Surveillance Center), dated 29th September, where it is still confirmed, (but omitted from mainstream media) that the admission of a patient with a broken leg into hospital, for example, and the patient happens to tests positive for Covid 19 (using the PCR test which is not a diagnostic tool for Covid 19 - fact, see my long winded post by using the green arrow) is STILL added to the numbers admitted to hospital as a Covid case...how that is not skewing the numbers and reality is beyond me...

The lockdown implemented by the Irish government on advice of NPHET was clearly accompanied by our leaders admission that the HSE and Irish hospitals are coping well, not at capacity, given the time of year we are in...he clearly implied after being questioned by journalists what the exit strategy is that these are the measures that will be taken for as long as there is no vaccine, and the country has funds and the capacity to borrow to keep the economy going...I have no links for this as I watched this live on the RTE news...I'm sure that can be googled or played on Player...

"

Plus the many court cases in the U.K. - private individuals, companies and organisations suing the government over lockdown mishandling.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

British media is on the list of 10 most untrustworthy in the world - it’s a fact! ...... MischiefManaged you’ve made a very strong point on here but it works both ways - there is just as much misinformation on social media as much as in the newspapers and TV so what is even more dangerous is when masses watch BBC news every day and it’s their primary and on most occasions the only source of information - there isn’t much news from abroad these days and if there is it’s tailored to what is ‘right’ to say at that specific moment. WHO information is sipped through and only the more comfortable facts are shared in U.K. Any researches done abroad and results which are not in line with what most want to hear are not spoken about. I’ve always been a strong believer that Numbers Never Lie but 1 + 1 seems to equate to 10 when it becomes a tool in hands of ‘influencers’. "

Murdoch plays a malign influence as he does in America and Australia.

The less said about the mail and the Express the better.

The bbc Is under intense scrutiny but is bending over backwards to please no 10.

If the bbc does go we will have a news 'service 'like the states.

over a year ago

"OP

You can actually compare them, because flu should be classed as a global pandemic as the majority of countries do get mass flu infections along with the after and secondary infections of pneumonia and of course deaths etc, the difference is that we are used to the flu being about and the media doesn't terrify the public like it has with covid. The death rates aren't too dissimilar either..mainly effecting people with other medical conditions or suppressed immune systems.

over a year ago

"

Doctor david samadi acts like what they call in the legal profession a Ambulance Chaser...looking to make a buck out of a situation...he's even asking for a $1 per month donation towards a free press!.A classic conspiracy theorist...cant take him seriously !

over a year ago

What exactly are you trying to say?

over a year ago

Tonbridge

What exactly are you trying to say?"

What I have been saying all along, this is a massive overreaction to to an epidemic that has passed.

over a year ago

Maybe cant compare both scenarios but something that is equally bad is that in 2018 the health service was as bad as it is now. They had, lets say 2 years to mend that. What did they do? Nothing!!...this is globally by the way

over a year ago

What I have been saying all along, this is a massive overreaction to to an epidemic that has passed."

Why? Why would the whole world decide to massively overreact ? Why would each countries best scientist and experts decide to massively over react? What is to be gained globally by massively over reacting ? Why?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

What I have been saying all along, this is a massive overreaction to to an epidemic that has passed."

Are the rates not rising?

over a year ago

What I have been saying all along, this is a massive overreaction to to an epidemic that has passed.

Are the rates not rising?"

And deaths are rising? But not to worry, it is only flu

over a year ago

Why? Why would the whole world decide to massively overreact ? Why would each countries best scientist and experts decide to massively over react? What is to be gained globally by massively over reacting ? Why? "

Spot on!...I ask this question often to the Covidiots I encounter, and all you get is a a weak insipid answer... lacking any conviction that their misplaced original rants carried

over a year ago

Tonbridge

And deaths are rising? But not to worry, it is only flu "

No, go to coronavirus.data.gov.uk/deaths and you will see that the government's own statistics show they have been falling for the past week after posting a slight rise.

over a year ago

It has not passed. Governments around the world are taking expert opinion and scientific information and almost all of them are following broadly the same methods. These same methods hurt countries and economies, there is absolutely no way simultaneously governments around the globe would act like this unless they thought the outcome of burying their head in the sand and pretending Covid didn't matter was worse than the measures they are taking to contain it.

over a year ago

And deaths are rising? But not to worry, it is only flu

No, go to coronavirus.data.gov.uk/deaths and you will see that the government's own statistics show they have been falling for the past week after posting a slight rise."

Can you answer my previous question ? Why??

over a year ago

E

"

well said

over a year ago

If you goggle the death rate.

More people died in 2018 than people died this year....

Now I would of thought alot more people would of died this year than in the past cause as you say we are in a global pandemic......

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"If you goggle the death rate.

Now I would of thought alot more people would of died this year than in the past cause as you say we are in a global pandemic...... "

If you Google green cheese you'll find it comes from the moon

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Now I would of thought alot more people would of died this year than in the past cause as you say we are in a global pandemic...... "

Maybe because we have 2 and a half months left?

By *dsindyTV/TS
over a year ago

East Lancashire

Now I would of thought alot more people would of died this year than in the past cause as you say we are in a global pandemic......

If you Google green cheese you'll find it comes from the moon"

At the moment, it comes from my fridge....think I may have left it in to long.

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

Same shit, different day.

By * Plus ECouple
over a year ago

The South

An epidemic that has passed?

FFS, confirned cases and deaths are going up on a daily basis, worldwide, despite the differing efforts of every country that's been hit.

If that's what "an epidemic that's passed" looks like, I hope it doesn't come back.

By the way, Google isn't research.

E

over a year ago

Ok. And what's your related area of expertise and what is the data you've collected to come to this conclusion?

By *ess37Woman
over a year ago

Nantwich

Why? Why would the whole world decide to massively overreact ? Why would each countries best scientist and experts decide to massively over react? What is to be gained globally by massively over reacting ? Why? "

Not quite - 12 out of 44 European countries imposed some sort of restrictions and even smaller ratio applies to the rest of the world.

By *ussex team upMan
over a year ago

Sussex

If you Google green cheese you'll find it comes from the moon"

Exactly ..

Agreed i think some on here google too much looking for an agenda to spout garbage

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/10/20 13:36:42]

over a year ago

Why? Why would the whole world decide to massively overreact ? Why would each countries best scientist and experts decide to massively over react? What is to be gained globally by massively over reacting ? Why?

Not quite - 12 out of 44 European countries imposed some sort of restrictions and even smaller ratio applies to the rest of the world. "

The Group of Seven (G7) is an international intergovernmental economic organization consisting of seven major developed countries: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States,

Except Japan, all of the major economies have

over a year ago

Not quite - 12 out of 44 European countries imposed some sort of restrictions and even smaller ratio applies to the rest of the world. "

Do you have a source to back up those claims?

By *ess37Woman
over a year ago

Nantwich

Exactly ..

Agreed i think some on here google too much looking for an agenda to spout garbage "

And some see any other factual data as conspiracy and extraordinary agenda unless of course it has been ticked off by the mirror, the sunshine and other relevant non garbage source.

over a year ago

More people died in the UK in 2018 than in 2020? We are in October so how do you know ?

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

During 2018, was we all wearing masks socially distancing, not mixing in households?

No we weren't.

Therefore if we take away those measures for covid, imagine how bad the case numbers in hospital would be now.

over a year ago

Exactly ..

Agreed i think some on here google too much looking for an agenda to spout garbage

And some see any other factual data as conspiracy and extraordinary agenda unless of course it has been ticked off by the mirror, the sunshine and other relevant non garbage source. "

What is it that you and your fellow COVID conspiracy theory supporters know that the rest of the world don’t ? Why is the world choosing to ignore the information that you believe to be true?

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Have a flu vaccine and a pneumonia vaccine and it should gove you some kind of protection..

By *ess37Woman
over a year ago

Nantwich

[Removed by poster at 22/10/20 13:47:51]

By *ess37Woman
over a year ago

Nantwich

Not quite - 12 out of 44 European countries imposed some sort of restrictions and even smaller ratio applies to the rest of the world.

Do you have a source to back up those claims? "

Yes of course I do but have not inserted it on here because I knew you would ask this question (repeatedly) - the source is there in your eyes you just have to spend the time to READ. I’ll give you a bit of a hint though - Oxford University & British media. If it becomes to difficult simply open a map of Europe to count the countries and then go to a document called lockdowns compared + every single British newspaper which gives you a detailed information on all European countries which are currently in any form of restrictions in a detailed format - country by country.

over a year ago

Yes of course I do but have not inserted it on here because I knew you would ask this question (repeatedly) - the source is there in your eyes you just have to spend the time to READ. I’ll give you a bit of a hint though - Oxford University & British media. If it becomes to difficult simply open a map of Europe to count the countries and then go to a document called lockdowns compared + every single British newspaper which gives you a detailed information on all European countries which are currently in any form of restrictions in a detailed format - country by country.

"

Crikey, dont expect people to research for themselves...

over a year ago

"

Lockdowns are only part of the solution, are you suggesting these countries haven’t imposed social distancing and compulsory masks wearing as well? The main countries in Europe and the world have all imposed tight restrictions and lockdowns ? Do you think this pandemic is fake ?

over a year ago

Crikey, dont expect people to research for themselves... "

Crikey, don’t expect people to back up their dubious claims with facts

over a year ago

"

Have you factored in that most normal day activities had been curved: hours spent driving to and from work, volume of traffic vastly reduced equals far less accidents equals far fewer road deaths. There are many other areas of life that have had far fewer deaths as a result of Covid restrictions.

Why not look at all the activities which take lives and do a direct comparison?

over a year ago

Crikey, don’t expect people to back up their dubious claims with facts "

I haven’t checked but did you provide a source that backed up your claim on a different post that what you refer to as covidiots are behind the rise in cases.

It’s just that the data I’ve seen pointed to education settings and the workplace were the major drivers of transmission.

So I’m interested in the source of your data that points to the covidiots.

over a year ago

I haven’t checked but did you provide a source that backed up your claim on a different post that what you refer to as covidiots are behind the rise in cases.

It’s just that the data I’ve seen pointed to education settings and the workplace were the major drivers of transmission.

So I’m interested in the source of your data that points to the covidiots."

No I didnt, are you suggesting that people who ignore the current lockdown rules and don’t wear masks are helping the situation ? If every person was following the rules I am sure the infection rate would be lower that it is now ? Can this be disputed?

By *ess37Woman
over a year ago

Nantwich

Lockdowns are only part of the solution, are you suggesting these countries haven’t imposed social distancing and compulsory masks wearing as well? The main countries in Europe and the world have all imposed tight restrictions and lockdowns ? Do you think this pandemic is fake ? "

NO! No one on here believes it’s fake or nonexistent- in fact I’ve had it, went through it, it wasn’t a great experience but not as bad as the swine flu and by the way to both I’ve been exposed in working environment and not by ignoring the rules - The point of this debate is completely different. You will not stop the pandemic by wearing masks and social distancing - it will sip through the country/s if you like it or not that’s why it’s called pandemic and pandemics work in waves - 1,2,3,4 and more - each lockdown has its consequences - health, financial, social, educational, political - the list is long - hence different countries make different decisions at different times and all those decisions have huge consequences... OP asks a valid question - a thought provoking one and it’s up to you to read more and to build your own mind of how you see things.

over a year ago

"

Have a read

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-lockdowns/

over a year ago

No I didnt, are you suggesting that people who ignore the current lockdown rules and don’t wear masks are helping the situation ? If every person was following the rules I am sure the infection rate would be lower that it is now ? Can this be disputed? "

So you think the small minority who are breaking the rules suddenly not doing is going to make a big impact on transmission when the major drivers are education and the workplace.

I’m afraid that’s wishful thinking.

over a year ago

Lockdowns are only part of the solution, are you suggesting these countries haven’t imposed social distancing and compulsory masks wearing as well? The main countries in Europe and the world have all imposed tight restrictions and lockdowns ? Do you think this pandemic is fake ?

NO! No one on here believes it’s fake or nonexistent- in fact I’ve had it, went through it, it wasn’t a great experience but not as bad as the swine flu and by the way to both I’ve been exposed in working environment and not by ignoring the rules - The point of this debate is completely different. You will not stop the pandemic by wearing masks and social distancing - it will sip through the country/s if you like it or not that’s why it’s called pandemic and pandemics work in waves - 1,2,3,4 and more - each lockdown has its consequences - health, financial, social, educational, political - the list is long - hence different countries make different decisions at different times and all those decisions have huge consequences... OP asks a valid question - a thought provoking one and it’s up to you to read more and to build your own mind of how you see things."

I know you won’t stop the pandemic with only masks and social distancing, that is why lockdowns have to be implemented as well.

over a year ago

No I didnt, are you suggesting that people who ignore the current lockdown rules and don’t wear masks are helping the situation ? If every person was following the rules I am sure the infection rate would be lower that it is now ? Can this be disputed?

So you think the small minority who are breaking the rules suddenly not doing is going to make a big impact on transmission when the major drivers are education and the workplace.

"

Are they helping the problem? I agree that they aren’t the sole reason that infection rates are increasing but you only have to see how some of the students around the country have behaved to realise that the few can infect the many

By *ess37Woman
over a year ago

Nantwich

NO! No one on here believes it’s fake or nonexistent- in fact I’ve had it, went through it, it wasn’t a great experience but not as bad as the swine flu and by the way to both I’ve been exposed in working environment and not by ignoring the rules - The point of this debate is completely different. You will not stop the pandemic by wearing masks and social distancing - it will sip through the country/s if you like it or not that’s why it’s called pandemic and pandemics work in waves - 1,2,3,4 and more - each lockdown has its consequences - health, financial, social, educational, political - the list is long - hence different countries make different decisions at different times and all those decisions have huge consequences... OP asks a valid question - a thought provoking one and it’s up to you to read more and to build your own mind of how you see things.

I know you won’t stop the pandemic with only masks and social distancing, that is why lockdowns have to be implemented as well. "

No! Lockdowns are not implemented to stop pandemic, lockdowns are implemented to spread the amount of hospitalised people over a period of time, a long time (until the virus spreads throughly or until every member of the public has been vaccinated)

over a year ago

Are they helping the problem? I agree that they aren’t the sole reason that infection rates are increasing but you only have to see how some of the students around the country have behaved to realise that the few can infect the many "

I think it’s more people on the internet like to blame someone,anyone for things that are out of their control.

Makes a change from brexit I suppose.

By *ess37Woman
over a year ago

Nantwich

Have a read

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-lockdowns/"

I gave you the source so obviously I have read it but I have told you to read current restrictions country by country, you’ve looked at the map, looked at the colours and know your answer - this map has been worked on since the pandemic started and it changes day by day, use a bit more time than just a glance at a map and look into details.

over a year ago

Are they helping the problem? I agree that they aren’t the sole reason that infection rates are increasing but you only have to see how some of the students around the country have behaved to realise that the few can infect the many

I think it’s more people on the internet like to blame someone,anyone for things that are out of their control.

Makes a change from brexit I suppose."

If you follow the rules, isolate when told, don’t visit family or friends. wear masks when you need to and then you see people ignoring this what do you expect? Are we all in this together or is it ok for some people to do what they want ?

over a year ago

Have a read

I gave you the source so obviously I have read it but I have told you to read current restrictions country by country, you’ve looked at the map, looked at the colours and know your answer - this map has been worked on since the pandemic started and it changes day by day, use a bit more time than just a glance at a map and look into details. "

I agree it changes every day, but the all the major countries in the world with the highest population are going into lockdown as infection rates increase. I am struggling to work out what your point is? Are you against all lockdowns ?

By *ess37Woman
over a year ago

Nantwich

If you follow the rules, isolate when told, don’t visit family or friends. wear masks when you need to and then you see people ignoring this what do you expect? Are we all in this together or is it ok for some people to do what they want ? "

No matter how well you follow the rules it is impossible to stop covid pandemic until each and everyone has had a vaccination - go and read about pandemics - what, how, why and covid info - nearly everyone will have corona until they get a vaccine it’s the reality and no mask or lockdown will stop it.

over a year ago

If you follow the rules, isolate when told, don’t visit family or friends. wear masks when you need to and then you see people ignoring this what do you expect? Are we all in this together or is it ok for some people to do what they want ?

No matter how well you follow the rules it is impossible to stop covid pandemic until each and everyone has had a vaccination - go and read about pandemics - what, how, why and covid info - nearly everyone will have corona until they get a vaccine it’s the reality and no mask or lockdown will stop it. "

Ah,so your going for the herd immunity approach? How many people will need to be infected in the UK for this to be effective?

By *ess37Woman
over a year ago

Nantwich

Have a read

I gave you the source so obviously I have read it but I have told you to read current restrictions country by country, you’ve looked at the map, looked at the colours and know your answer - this map has been worked on since the pandemic started and it changes day by day, use a bit more time than just a glance at a map and look into details.

I agree it changes every day, but the all the major countries in the world with the highest population are going into lockdown as infection rates increase. I am struggling to work out what your point is? Are you against all lockdowns ? "

The point is that lockdowns are implemented to slow down the spread (NOT TO Stop Pandemic), that means that each lockdown we will go through will have its consequences, each time higher than before - you will not stop this pandemic and so you will have to go through regular lockdowns on regular basis to slow down the spread - how much of anything will be left after 3rd lockdown what do you think?

By *ess37Woman
over a year ago

Nantwich

No matter how well you follow the rules it is impossible to stop covid pandemic until each and everyone has had a vaccination - go and read about pandemics - what, how, why and covid info - nearly everyone will have corona until they get a vaccine it’s the reality and no mask or lockdown will stop it.

Ah,so your going for the herd immunity approach? How many people will need to be infected in the UK for this to be effective? "

No I’m explaining to you how this specific pandemic and others work by opening a science book. We are not in the first month of this pandemic, we are nearly a year through it.

over a year ago

Have a read

I agree it changes every day, but the all the major countries in the world with the highest population are going into lockdown as infection rates increase. I am struggling to work out what your point is? Are you against all lockdowns ?

The point is that lockdowns are implemented to slow down the spread (NOT TO Stop Pandemic), that means that each lockdown we will go through will have its consequences, each time higher than before - you will not stop this pandemic and so you will have to go through regular lockdowns on regular basis to slow down the spread - how much of anything will be left after 3rd lockdown what do you think? "

Of course the lockdowns won’t stop it, I will ask you again, are you in favour of just letting the virus rip through the population in order to achieve herd immunity?

over a year ago

Ah,so your going for the herd immunity approach? How many people will need to be infected in the UK for this to be effective?

No I’m explaining to you how this specific pandemic and others work by opening a science book. We are not in the first month of this pandemic, we are nearly a year through it. "

So what is the solution? you have read a book, did it give you any answers?

By *ess37Woman
over a year ago

Nantwich

I will write answers to your questions soon, it will require a meaningful time to respond so bear with me.

over a year ago

"I think Paris has a point which is worth some consideration at least. I was in Ireland two weeks ago and had reason to sit in the car park of a hospital on two consecutive days for about 6 hours each day waiting for my daughter who was having a minor surgical procedure. The public including myself could not enter the hospital due to Covid restrictions. However, patients were free to walk out to smoke despite signs posted everywhere that smoking is banned in the hospital and the hospital grounds. I witnessed approx 20 patients wearing dressing gowns come out and enter cars to visit friends who had come to visit and parked in the car park. After approx an hour sitting in a packed car they just walked back into the hospital unchallenged. It makes a total mockery of all the Covid restrictions. This is not an isolated case as similar incidents which can cause transmission are happening everywhere including the UK. The surgeons, doctors and some nurses are brilliant but the hospital management and support staff leave a lot to be desired in every hospital. And another thing ... I personally know of two people with late stage cancer who have died and the deaths have been attributed to Covid-19. Of the 43,000 or so deaths in the UK, which have occurred and been attributed to Covid what is the true figure?"

Surely the blame there lies with the people who came out to sit in those cars? The hospital staff were probably busy saving people's lives rather than having to police the people they worked so hard to save! No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions, they want others to guide them everywhere. Then they cry oppression when they don't like the guidance. Humanity is a source of constant disappointment at the moment.

over a year ago

"I will write answers to your questions soon, it will require a meaningful time to respond so bear with me."

Really? I thought you had the read the pandemic book,

over a year ago

Makes a change from brexit I suppose."

Oh that debate is still bubbling on here too, now the remainers are saying that the brexiteers will use covid as an excuse for the economic fall and nothing to do with brexit.

As you rightly say people generally

like to blame someone,anyone for things that are out of their control. (except themselves if they're involved)

over a year ago

British media is on the list of 10 most untrustworthy in the world - it’s a fact! ...... MischiefManaged you’ve made a very strong point on here but it works both ways - there is just as much misinformation on social media as much as in the newspapers and TV so what is even more dangerous is when masses watch BBC news every day and it’s their primary and on most occasions the only source of information - there isn’t much news from abroad these days and if there is it’s tailored to what is ‘right’ to say at that specific moment. WHO information is sipped through and only the more comfortable facts are shared in U.K. Any researches done abroad and results which are not in line with what most want to hear are not spoken about. I’ve always been a strong believer that Numbers Never Lie but 1 + 1 seems to equate to 10 when it becomes a tool in hands of ‘influencers’. "

I don't for a second think that everything we're told is true, or even the right thing to do. But we have a system of governance that we have a say in. We voted people into power to make decisions based on their view of 'best for the country'. Except now, every time someone doesn't agree with a decision, there's a race to find someone's opinion to back it up. Simply, if all followed the guidance, if it works, great. If it doesn't, it's obvious the guidance was wrong and we try something else. I find so many taking pot shots at those who have to make hard decisions, government, doctors, the police. We have the opportunity to comment because we don't have to make those decisions. Taking cheap shots without the weight of responsibility is easy and hardly worth plaudits. Making a hard choice and living with the outcome is the challenge, and for some life changing. I'd like to see some of the armchair anarchists have to serve in the armed forces, or emergency services for a day,and see if their perspective changes.

If people truly feel so strongly about these topics, they'd actually do something rather than seeding panic to appear well informed. I think people have the right to their opinion, and they should have the humility to take responsibility for sharing it if they do.

over a year ago

"

.....snip.....

No one wants to take responsibility for their own actions, they want others to guide them everywhere. Then they cry oppression when they don't like the guidance. Humanity is a source of constant disappointment at the moment."

No truer words have been spoken in 2020

I'll add that they also are often the loudest shouters.

over a year ago

Oh that debate is still bubbling on here too, now the remainers are saying that the brexiteers will use covid as an excuse for the economic fall and nothing to do with brexit.

like to blame someone,anyone for things that are out of their control. (except themselves if they're involved)"

Ironic, we have a thread in the politics forum where someone is blaming remain voters for the ‘divide in the county ‘ ??

over a year ago

"I will write answers to your questions soon, it will require a meaningful time to respond so bear with me."
..yes it takes time to force round pegs into square holes

over a year ago

like to blame someone,anyone for things that are out of their control. (except themselves if they're involved)

Ironic, we have a thread in the politics forum where someone is blaming remain voters for the ‘divide in the county ‘ ?? "

Oh, and what did they say exactly? What divide?

By * Plus ECouple
over a year ago

The South

British media is on the list of 10 most untrustworthy in the world - it’s a fact! ...... MischiefManaged you’ve made a very strong point on here but it works both ways - there is just as much misinformation on social media as much as in the newspapers and TV so what is even more dangerous is when masses watch BBC news every day and it’s their primary and on most occasions the only source of information - there isn’t much news from abroad these days and if there is it’s tailored to what is ‘right’ to say at that specific moment. WHO information is sipped through and only the more comfortable facts are shared in U.K. Any researches done abroad and results which are not in line with what most want to hear are not spoken about. I’ve always been a strong believer that Numbers Never Lie but 1 + 1 seems to equate to 10 when it becomes a tool in hands of ‘influencers’.

I don't for a second think that everything we're told is true, or even the right thing to do. But we have a system of governance that we have a say in. We voted people into power to make decisions based on their view of 'best for the country'. Except now, every time someone doesn't agree with a decision, there's a race to find someone's opinion to back it up. Simply, if all followed the guidance, if it works, great. If it doesn't, it's obvious the guidance was wrong and we try something else. I find so many taking pot shots at those who have to make hard decisions, government, doctors, the police. We have the opportunity to comment because we don't have to make those decisions. Taking cheap shots without the weight of responsibility is easy and hardly worth plaudits. Making a hard choice and living with the outcome is the challenge, and for some life changing. I'd like to see some of the armchair anarchists have to serve in the armed forces, or emergency services for a day,and see if their perspective changes.

If people truly feel so strongly about these topics, they'd actually do something rather than seeding panic to appear well informed. I think people have the right to their opinion, and they should have the humility to take responsibility for sharing it if they do."

This. ^

Soooo much this.

E

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"OP

By *had0wMan
over a year ago

Southampton

You can when that pandemic is a flu strain itself. Coronavirus is a strain of sars virus, which is a strain of the flu virus. It was developed in a level 4 lab across the street from the market that got the blame for it all starting. Manmade and for what purpose?

over a year ago

"You can when that pandemic is a flu strain itself. Coronavirus is a strain of sars virus, which is a strain of the flu virus. It was developed in a level 4 lab across the street from the market that got the blame for it all starting. Manmade and for what purpose? "

No, they aren't the same virus. Go do some basic virology research from an actual reputable source.

By *had0wMan
over a year ago

Southampton

Look up sars virus. Then look up Corona virus. Then just for fun...look up flu virus...

over a year ago

"Look up sars virus. Then look up Corona virus. Then just for fun...look up flu virus..."

Thanks to my work in medical R&D, I'm pretty sure I've already got that one covered thanks.

By *had0wMan
over a year ago

Southampton

So with your medical background you're saying sars and corona aren't the same?

By *ess n BenCouple
over a year ago

Didcot

"OP

pneumonia really fucks with your system, mine cause lung scaring.... i was off work for 3 months!"

Totally agree the same happened to me (Ben) last January and I would not wish that on my worst enemy

over a year ago

"So with your medical background you're saying sars and corona aren't the same?"

I'm saying categorically that influenza virus and Corona virus are different.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/question-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/q-a-similarities-and-differences-covid-19-and-influenza

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

By * Plus ECouple
over a year ago

The South

"So with your medical background you're saying sars and corona aren't the same?"

So, with your medical background, you're saying they are the same?

E

By *icplshropsCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

The current pandemic is caused by SARS-COV-2, 'SARS' was SARS-COV-1. MERS was also from the same virus family (coronaviridae). Influenza is from the 'orthomyxoviridae' virus family. The two are different in many respects, most notably that the coronavirus family has 'positive-sense' RNA as its' genetic material and the 'flu family a 'negative-sense' RNA. This difference makes a difference in terms of how coronaviruses and 'flu viruses replicate.

Post new Message to Thread