Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Tier system

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Boris has again rejected a request from Kier Starmer for a ‘circuit breaker ‘ lockdown in favour of sticking to the tier system. Does the tier system work ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No because as starmer pointed out all areas are heading to it.

Once in it they can only come out if the r rates goes to one or below...and that is not happening as the rate continues to rise.

With only the isle of wight and Cornwall below what Manchester entered tier 3...the only way to get it down now is a shutdown...or give up on the whole thing.

I know what I'd choose..

over a year ago

Don't think anybody knows yet as its not really been going long enough to see, interesting KS is still asking for a circuit break after J van taim said he thought it was not a good idea at last nights briefing, thought KS wanted to follow the science.

over a year ago

"Don't think anybody knows yet as its not really been going long enough to see, interesting KS is still asking for a circuit break after J van taim said he thought it was not a good idea at last nights briefing, thought KS wanted to follow the science."

Do you really think van tammy was following science or what he'd been told to say?

over a year ago

"Don't think anybody knows yet as its not really been going long enough to see, interesting KS is still asking for a circuit break after J van taim said he thought it was not a good idea at last nights briefing, thought KS wanted to follow the science.

Do you really think van tammy was following science or what he'd been told to say?"

I always thought he was one of the more respected ones and with all the detailed graphs and stuff I find it hard to believe they were all made up personally, if was just boris saying it i would agree with you. I also know the rate in East anglia where I am is extremely low, well below Manchester and we do not have hardly any hospital admissions in this area at the minute either, and I know this is correct as my daughter is on the covid ward here

By *ove2lickJemCouple
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"No because as starmer pointed out all areas are heading to it.

Once in it they can only come out if the r rates goes to one or below...and that is not happening as the rate continues to rise.

With only the isle of wight and Cornwall below what Manchester entered tier 3...the only way to get it down now is a shutdown...or give up on the whole thing.

I know what I'd choose.."

Can you please post or pm me where you saw those figures please cos I've not seen that! xx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/10/20 12:56:51]

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

you really should do some research that is just false information.

over a year ago

I know what I'd choose..

Can you please post or pm me where you saw those figures please cos I've not seen that! xx"

It was on PMQs ...but I got it wrong on the tiers...should have read when manchester went into tier 2

over a year ago

really only the Isle of White and Cornwall lower than Manchester? I'm interested as to where you read or seen this infoemation

over a year ago

I know what I'd choose..you really should do some research that is just false information. "

Starmer must have lied in parliament then eh

over a year ago

I know what I'd choose..you really should do some research that is just false information.

Starmer must have lied in parliament then eh "

By *ove2lickJemCouple
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

I know what I'd choose..

Can you please post or pm me where you saw those figures please cos I've not seen that! xx

It was on PMQs ...but I got it wrong on the tiers...should have read when manchester went into tier 2"

Ah OK, thanks xx

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

I know what I'd choose.. really only the Isle of White and Cornwall lower than Manchester? I'm interested as to where you read or seen this infoemation"

me too we have been below 50 per 100,000 for a couple of months now at least.

over a year ago

I know what I'd choose.. really only the Isle of White and Cornwall lower than Manchester? I'm interested as to where you read or seen this infoemation"

As said in the post above you....it was tier 2 not 3...but 3 will follow soon after

over a year ago

I know what I'd choose..you really should do some research that is just false information.

Starmer must have lied in parliament then eh "

because there is so much truth spoken in parliament that would never happen lol

over a year ago

I know what I'd choose.. really only the Isle of White and Cornwall lower than Manchester? I'm interested as to where you read or seen this infoemationme too we have been below 50 per 100,000 for a couple of months now at least."

I think our rate here is about 12 per 100k.

over a year ago

I know what I'd choose.. really only the Isle of White and Cornwall lower than Manchester? I'm interested as to where you read or seen this infoemationme too we have been below 50 per 100,000 for a couple of months now at least."

What was Manchester at when they went in tier 2?

By *uttyjonnMan
over a year ago

cheshire

Keeping in mind that they are not trying to eradicate the virus just manage the impact on the NHS then local management seems appropriate to me. But it is just managing ebbs and flows and this will continue till we have enough vaccinated or herd immunity (don't shoot me)

If a vaccine isn't widely available for say 12 months then this approach is going to take its toll on many people mentally, financially and health-wise regardless whether you call it circuit breaking or tiers

over a year ago

Is the rate going down or up though

over a year ago

Just a polite question,due to curiosity of opinions. Do people think that a lockdown will help with containing a virus?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

I know what I'd choose.. really only the Isle of White and Cornwall lower than Manchester? I'm interested as to where you read or seen this infoemationme too we have been below 50 per 100,000 for a couple of months now at least.

Is the rate going down or up though "

Just checked the week to oct 10th 40.5 per 100k week to oct 17th 39.7 per 100k so gone down just a little

over a year ago

"Just a polite question,due to curiosity of opinions. Do people think that a lockdown will help with containing a virus?"

It did in March

over a year ago

I know what I'd choose.. really only the Isle of White and Cornwall lower than Manchester? I'm interested as to where you read or seen this infoemationme too we have been below 50 per 100,000 for a couple of months now at least.

Is the rate going down or up though Just checked the week to oct 10th 40.5 per 100k week to oct 17th 39.7 per 100k so gone down just a little"

It is working well in your area, unfortunately it isn’t in Manchester

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Just a polite question,due to curiosity of opinions. Do people think that a lockdown will help with containing a virus?"
I do.

over a year ago

"Just a polite question,due to curiosity of opinions. Do people think that a lockdown will help with containing a virus?

It did in March "

It did for a short amount of time,I personally dont think lockdown is the answer. But that is my opinion

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Is the rate going down or up though Just checked the week to oct 10th 40.5 per 100k week to oct 17th 39.7 per 100k so gone down just a little

It is working well in your area, unfortunately it isn’t in Manchester "

We are not in lockdown but do not have high density population which could explain some of it.

over a year ago

"Just a polite question,due to curiosity of opinions. Do people think that a lockdown will help with containing a virus?

It did in March It did for a short amount of time,I personally dont think lockdown is the answer. But that is my opinion"

Fair enough, what do you think the answer is

over a year ago

Going up going by the heat graphs that were presented yesterday

over a year ago

It's been proven to reduce the r rate.

Nothing else has since.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"

As at 16 October

Latest R number range for the UK

1.3-1.5

Latest growth rate range for the UK

+4% to +7%

per day

An R number between 1.3 and 1.5 means that on average every 10 people infected will infect between 13 and 15 other people.

A growth rate between +4% and +7% means the number of new infections is growing by 4% to 7% every day.

The UK estimates of R and growth rate are averages over very different epidemiological situations and should be regarded as a guide to the general trend rather than a description of the epidemic state.

Previous growth rates

9 October 2020 - the R number range for the UK is 1.2-1.5 and the growth rate range is +4% to +9% per day

2 October 2020 - the R number range for the UK is 1.3-1.6 and the growth rate range is +5% to +9% per day

25 September 2020 - the R number range for the UK is 1.2-1.5 and the growth rate range is +4% to +8% per day

18 September 2020 - the R number range for the UK is 1.1-1.4 and the growth rate range is +2% to +7% per day

11 September 2020 - the R number range for the UK is 1.0-1.2 and the growth rate range is -1% to +3% per day

4 September 2020 - the R number range for the UK is 0.9-1.1 and the growth rate range is -1% to +2% per day

28 August 2020 - the R number range for the UK is 0.9-1.1 and the growth rate range is -2% to +1% per day

From gov . uk The R number and growth rate in the UK. It is also there regionally as at 16 October

over a year ago

It did in March It did for a short amount of time,I personally dont think lockdown is the answer. But that is my opinion

Fair enough, what do you think the answer is "

I believe herd immunity. The common cold was flu before it was passed around millions of people and the strain became more tolerable not resulting in influenza when choosing its host. Aviation Flu Spanish Flu no lockdown no vaccine immunity cleared it. Swine flu killed thousands a similar virus that attacks the pulmonary system.

No lockdown and gone Why because to gain immunity we have to have contracted or be in contact with differnt strains of virus and there DNA.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

It did in March It did for a short amount of time,I personally dont think lockdown is the answer. But that is my opinion

Fair enough, what do you think the answer is I believe herd immunity. The common cold was flu before it was passed around millions of people and the strain became more tolerable not resulting in influenza when choosing its host. Aviation Flu Spanish Flu no lockdown no vaccine immunity cleared it. Swine flu killed thousands a similar virus that attacks the pulmonary system.

No lockdown and gone Why because to gain immunity we have to have contracted or be in contact with differnt strains of virus and there DNA. "

So just let the nhs get over run, the old and vulnerable die? not my idea of a civilized society.

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan
over a year ago

North East

definitely

over a year ago

Fair enough, what do you think the answer is I believe herd immunity. The common cold was flu before it was passed around millions of people and the strain became more tolerable not resulting in influenza when choosing its host. Aviation Flu Spanish Flu no lockdown no vaccine immunity cleared it. Swine flu killed thousands a similar virus that attacks the pulmonary system.

No lockdown and gone Why because to gain immunity we have to have contracted or be in contact with differnt strains of virus and there DNA. So just let the nhs get over run, the old and vulnerable die? not my idea of a civilized society. "

On this we can agree

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

It won’t contain it or eradicate it, but it will slow the infection rates down

over a year ago

No lockdown and gone Why because to gain immunity we have to have contracted or be in contact with differnt strains of virus and there DNA. "

Not going to work I am afraid, the uk would need 40-50 million people to be infected, even at 50,000 a day that would take nearly 3 years, the NHS wouldn’t be able to cope

over a year ago

No lockdown and gone Why because to gain immunity we have to have contracted or be in contact with differnt strains of virus and there DNA. So just let the nhs get over run, the old and vulnerable die? not my idea of a civilized society. "

I work for the NHS and worked through COVID and I will be honest as I'm not looking for applause or thanks or sympathy during the last few months Paramedics had less call outs A&e staff were not constantly over their heads..why because people were scared to call them or go up to hospital incase of coming in contact with the said virus.

Staff are tested weekly all patients are tested on admission and discharge. Death statistics are confused as anyone that sadly passed away during that time it was COVID on your death certificate.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

It seems Scotland are heading for a five tier system very soon.

over a year ago

No lockdown and gone Why because to gain immunity we have to have contracted or be in contact with differnt strains of virus and there DNA. So just let the nhs get over run, the old and vulnerable die? not my idea of a civilized society. I work for the NHS and worked through COVID and I will be honest as I'm not looking for applause or thanks or sympathy during the last few months Paramedics had less call outs A&e staff were not constantly over their heads..why because people were scared to call them or go up to hospital incase of coming in contact with the said virus.

Staff are tested weekly all patients are tested on admission and discharge. Death statistics are confused as anyone that sadly passed away during that time it was COVID on your death certificate. "

What is your job with the NHS?

By *ove2lickJemCouple
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

No lockdown and gone Why because to gain immunity we have to have contracted or be in contact with differnt strains of virus and there DNA. So just let the nhs get over run, the old and vulnerable die? not my idea of a civilized society. I work for the NHS and worked through COVID and I will be honest as I'm not looking for applause or thanks or sympathy during the last few months Paramedics had less call outs A&e staff were not constantly over their heads..why because people were scared to call them or go up to hospital incase of coming in contact with the said virus.

Staff are tested weekly all patients are tested on admission and discharge. Death statistics are confused as anyone that sadly passed away during that time it was COVID on your death certificate. "

Our central A&E was the same ghost town but for weeks now it's absolutely slammed with covid, our hospitals are almost overrun here in Liverpool. How is yours now? Also, ours are only just starting weekly staff testing this week. There's a worry what they're going to do when loads of staff test positive when there's already 1000 staff off across the three hospitals self isolating, how has yours handled that? Xx

over a year ago

Staff are tested weekly all patients are tested on admission and discharge. Death statistics are confused as anyone that sadly passed away during that time it was COVID on your death certificate.

What is your job with the NHS? "

I'm a specialist nurse in trauma medicine I hold a Bachelor of science and have worked in many departments.

I am merely giving an opinion. I am not trying to offend anyone I am interested in peoples opinions and thoughts

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan
over a year ago

North East

What is your job with the NHS? I'm a specialist nurse in trauma medicine I hold a Bachelor of science and have worked in many departments.

I am merely giving an opinion. I am not trying to offend anyone I am interested in peoples opinions and thoughts"

respect

over a year ago

Our central A&E was the same ghost town but for weeks now it's absolutely slammed with covid, our hospitals are almost overrun here in Liverpool. How is yours now? Also, ours are only just starting weekly staff testing this week. There's a worry what they're going to do when loads of staff test positive when there's already 1000 staff off across the three hospitals self isolating, how has yours handled that? Xx"

we are busier again but not with COVID positive more symptomatic and these individuals are going straight to respiratory.

Our department is closed,the once waiting room is now isolation if needed whilst awaiting swabs

We have not had any positive swab cultures from staff over the last couple of weeks which is amazing. You should all get antibody tests aswell you will be surprised at how many have negative cultures come back. Take care though Xx

over a year ago

What is your job with the NHS? I'm a specialist nurse in trauma medicine I hold a Bachelor of science and have worked in many departments.

I am merely giving an opinion. I am not trying to offend anyone I am interested in peoples opinions and thoughts"

Fair enough, your advice seems to contradict what is happening elsewhere though

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The common cold is several strains of corona virus.

Influenza is not and has never been a corona virus.

The Spanish flu killed 50 million people. More than the first world war.

Herd immunity through letting it rip might have been necessary in 1918 because we knew fuck all, but as a society we've moved on. Thank god.

By *ove2lickJemCouple
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

Our central A&E was the same ghost town but for weeks now it's absolutely slammed with covid, our hospitals are almost overrun here in Liverpool. How is yours now? Also, ours are only just starting weekly staff testing this week. There's a worry what they're going to do when loads of staff test positive when there's already 1000 staff off across the three hospitals self isolating, how has yours handled that? Xx we are busier again but not with COVID positive more symptomatic and these individuals are going straight to respiratory.

Our department is closed,the once waiting room is now isolation if needed whilst awaiting swabs

We have not had any positive swab cultures from staff over the last couple of weeks which is amazing. You should all get antibody tests aswell you will be surprised at how many have negative cultures come back. Take care though Xx

"

That's good it's all going in the right way for you there. Shows the differences in areas and trust policies sadly thank you, you too xx

over a year ago

No lockdown and gone Why because to gain immunity we have to have contracted or be in contact with differnt strains of virus and there DNA.

Herd immunity through letting it rip might have been necessary in 1918 because we knew fuck all, but as a society we've moved on. Thank god."

Do you think we have moved on as a society?

over a year ago

Our central A&E was the same ghost town but for weeks now it's absolutely slammed with covid, our hospitals are almost overrun here in Liverpool. How is yours now? Also, ours are only just starting weekly staff testing this week. There's a worry what they're going to do when loads of staff test positive when there's already 1000 staff off across the three hospitals self isolating, how has yours handled that? Xx we are busier again but not with COVID positive more symptomatic and these individuals are going straight to respiratory.

That's good it's all going in the right way for you there. Shows the differences in areas and trust policies sadly thank you, you too xx"

Bless you stay strong it will all work out for Xx

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Herd immunity through letting it rip might have been necessary in 1918 because we knew fuck all, but as a society we've moved on. Thank god. Do you think we have moved on as a society?"

Yeah I do. We can prevent things, protect people.

We know things about this virus, we knew fuck all about the Spanish flu at the time.

We're able to mitigate risk in ways that weren't possible back then.

over a year ago

Herd immunity through letting it rip might have been necessary in 1918 because we knew fuck all, but as a society we've moved on. Thank god. Do you think we have moved on as a society?

We know things about this virus, we knew fuck all about the Spanish flu at the time.

We're able to mitigate risk in ways that weren't possible back then."

I personally dont think we know anymore about this virus than any previous apart from it attacks the pulmonary system. But again just my opinion

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Herd immunity through letting it rip might have been necessary in 1918 because we knew fuck all, but as a society we've moved on. Thank god. Do you think we have moved on as a society?

We're able to mitigate risk in ways that weren't possible back then. I personally dont think we know anymore about this virus than any previous apart from it attacks the pulmonary system. But again just my opinion"

It's a corona virus of a SARS type originating from bats in China which may have jumped to humans between October and December last year. It was sequenced in January. It's about 80% similar to SARS which caused a pandemic in 2002/3. It binds using the ACE-2, which is predominant in the fallopian tubes and testes. The initial symptoms are in the lungs and sense of smell and taste but it can permeate the whole body including rashes, gastrointestinal distress, neurological symptoms, and clotting/ strokes. There are four distinct stages of disease and different medical interventions for each one.

... Off the top of my head.

We know a lot.

over a year ago

We're able to mitigate risk in ways that weren't possible back then. I personally dont think we know anymore about this virus than any previous apart from it attacks the pulmonary system. But again just my opinion

It's a corona virus of a SARS type originating from bats in China which may have jumped to humans between October and December last year. It was sequenced in January. It's about 80% similar to SARS which caused a pandemic in 2002/3. It binds using the ACE-2, which is predominant in the fallopian tubes and testes. The initial symptoms are in the lungs and sense of smell and taste but it can permeate the whole body including rashes, gastrointestinal distress, neurological symptoms, and clotting/ strokes. There are four distinct stages of disease and different medical interventions for each one.

We know a lot."

okay so if all this is definitive then why are we not managing to build a vaccine?

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

"Don't think anybody knows yet as its not really been going long enough to see, interesting KS is still asking for a circuit break after J van taim said he thought it was not a good idea at last nights briefing, thought KS wanted to follow the science."

Van-Tam is possibly one of the, if not the most qualified person in the UK to advise on viruses such as this.

over a year ago

We're able to mitigate risk in ways that weren't possible back then. I personally dont think we know anymore about this virus than any previous apart from it attacks the pulmonary system. But again just my opinion

We know a lot. okay so if all this is definitive then why are we not managing to build a vaccine?"

How do you know were aren’t?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

We know a lot. okay so if all this is definitive then why are we not managing to build a vaccine?"

There are I think five vaccines in stage three at the moment. At record breaking speed. There are also hundreds at earlier stages. This has been the biggest vaccine push in history.

Understanding various attributes of a virus and the syndromes it causes in humans is not the same as a) understanding the immunology (that's being looked into but I don't trust myself to accurately be able to repeat what I've heard, it's too hard for me) or b) being able to predict and produce a sufficient and safe immune response that will be durable. And even if we know both a and b, we need c, adequate testing to ensure that the risk profile is very low. That's in the order of tens of thousands of people.

Research takes time.

over a year ago

"Don't think anybody knows yet as its not really been going long enough to see, interesting KS is still asking for a circuit break after J van taim said he thought it was not a good idea at last nights briefing, thought KS wanted to follow the science.

Van-Tam is possibly one of the, if not the most qualified person in the UK to advise on viruses such as this."

Let’s hope he is right then, he hasn’t ruled out a total national lockdown though, he just stated it was ‘inappropriate’ at this time

over a year ago

People seem only want an immediate answer to the virus, anything else is unacceptable. Time isn't on offer to genuinely see if something works or not.

It seems the tier system was introduced by bowing to the pressures of economy saving group, yet those very advocates are up in arms about the restrictions. The lockdown is suggested by those trying to nip the virus in the bud, but get backlash from those saying it'll kill the economy.

The economy is dying to some degree either way. It's not as if it's local, every economy is in the same boat whether dependant upon external input or internal input.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"People seem only want an immediate answer to the virus, anything else is unacceptable. Time isn't on offer to genuinely see if something works or not.

It seems the tier system was introduced by bowing to the pressures of economy saving group, yet those very advocates are up in arms about the restrictions. The lockdown is suggested by those trying to nip the virus in the bud, but get backlash from those saying it'll kill the economy.

The economy is dying to some degree either way. It's not as if it's local, every economy is in the same boat whether dependant upon external input or internal input."

It's a balancing act between the two. It's just where you draw the line, how, and if any given intervention has evidence and justification for it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

We should be updated with the most recent Cobra advice, following from their September guidance to have a circuit break.

It's deemed that the most effective infection reduction strategy that we have used was the primary lockdown. That the rate of infection levels rising is increasing, with doubling of levels in little over a week. That's potentially devastating further down the line, as hospital admissions and deaths follows after a delay.

I think that we probably have little choice but to lockdown and the sooner it is done, the greater the compound reduction in infection numbers. Do it even later and you're trying to play catchup, which may become impossible, without permission lockdown

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"We should be updated with the most recent Cobra advice, following from their September guidance to have a circuit break.

It's deemed that the most effective infection reduction strategy that we have used was the primary lockdown. That the rate of infection levels rising is increasing, with doubling of levels in little over a week. That's potentially devastating further down the line, as hospital admissions and deaths follows after a delay.

I think that we probably have little choice but to lockdown and the sooner it is done, the greater the compound reduction in infection numbers. Do it even later and you're trying to play catchup, which may become impossible, without permission lockdown "

So would you prefer a national lockdown as opposed to local ones?

over a year ago

Polite answer

No thankyou

over a year ago

It's unfortunately the only way, with out using teirs or graphs or hearsay, think about how a virus replicates and infects new hosts, without hosts its transmission slowed until it builds up again.

The purpose of a virus is infection of as many hosts as possible, control the host control the virus.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

If people are in less contact there are less chances of transmission.

... I can't believe this needs to be spelled out.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

Slow it down but it’s no cure

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Yes it will help to contain it.

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

Yes it will help to contain it."

it will delay things a little. Covid will still be here no matter when we come out of lockdown

Lockdown is not a cure.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes it will help to contain it.it will delay things a little. Covid will still be here no matter when we come out of lockdown

Lockdown is not a cure. "

And the science will have progressed so the medicine will be better. The hospitals are less likely to be overwhelmed so less people will die and less staff will burn out.

And we'll be closer to a vaccine.

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

It did in March It did for a short amount of time,I personally dont think lockdown is the answer. But that is my opinion"

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

Yes it will help to contain it.it will delay things a little. Covid will still be here no matter when we come out of lockdown

Lockdown is not a cure.

And the science will have progressed so the medicine will be better. The hospitals are less likely to be overwhelmed so less people will die and less staff will burn out.

And we'll be closer to a vaccine."

vaccine? We, had better all get the prayer mats out for that

I won't hold my breath

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Lockdown is not a cure.

And we'll be closer to a vaccine.vaccine? We, had better all get the prayer mats out for that

I won't hold my breath "

Ok. Until we have therapeutics or vaccines, all we have are lockdowns

over a year ago

Broadstairs

Lockdown is not a cure.

And we'll be closer to a vaccine."

might never be a Vaccine the flu one is only 40 per cent effective

over a year ago

Lockdown is not a cure.

And we'll be closer to a vaccine.vaccine? We, had better all get the prayer mats out for that

I won't hold my breath "

You shouldn't be allowed to wear a dress

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Lockdown is not a cure. "

No it isn't a cure , it would slow it down again, take the pressure off the nhs and hopefully people with other life threatening illnesses can get their treatment again...

over a year ago

Broadstairs

Yes it will help to contain it."

Then when it decreases and we all come out up it goes again

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Lockdown is not a cure.

I won't hold my breath

You shouldn't be allowed to wear a dress "

over a year ago

What a crock of shit. NHS staff are NOT tested weekly. Patients are tested weekly. A&E was quiet during lockdown but has been crazy busy the last couple of months.

COVID is only on a death certificate IF COVID has contributed to the death. I would be interested in what you apparently do for the NHS with this fake news you are spouting

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Yes it will help to contain it. Then when it decreases and we all come out up it goes again "

Yes it will, but hopefully other people can get their cancer treatment, whilst it is quieter in hospitals..they seem to have been forgotten...

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Lockdown is not a cure.

And we'll be closer to a vaccine. might never be a Vaccine the flu one is only 40 per cent effective "

Flu is a completely different type of virus. It has high antigenic drift, which means it changes quickly. SARS-COVID-2 has very low antigenic drift, which means it changes very slowly.

Apples and potatoes as a comparison

over a year ago

Yes it will help to contain it. Then when it decreases and we all come out up it goes again "

It's called controlling it...yeah we may have to have a few circuit breaks.

Is that not better then letting it RIP through....culling the old and infirm and a fair number of healthy people?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes it will help to contain it. Then when it decreases and we all come out up it goes again

Is that not better then letting it RIP through....culling the old and infirm and a fair number of healthy people?"

Letting it rip is barbarism imo

By *reemindCoolMan
over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

At least with a circuit Braker there would be some consistency and understanding ,

As it is you need a Philadelphia lawer to explain it and how it varies from region to region even the ones in the same tier.

over a year ago

Yes it will help to contain it. Then when it decreases and we all come out up it goes again

Is that not better then letting it RIP through....culling the old and infirm and a fair number of healthy people?

Letting it rip is barbarism imo"

Me too but there does seem a fair amount of barbarians on this virus section.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Letting it rip is barbarism imo

Me too but there does seem a fair amount of barbarians on this virus section."

I think it's more garden variety than that. At least I hope so.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"At least with a circuit Braker there would be some consistency and understanding ,

As it is you need a Philadelphia lawer to explain it and how it varies from region to region even the ones in the same tier."

True

over a year ago

Yes and it's already been proved that it does. Would have been even more effective if those who didn't comply or tried to find ways around it.

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

"

They are there are many vaccines in various stages of testing, the testing takes time. In addition there is at least one "untested" vaccine claimed to being used in Russia at present

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"At least with a circuit Braker there would be some consistency and understanding ,

As it is you need a Philadelphia lawer to explain it and how it varies from region to region even the ones in the same tier."

Surely you only have to know the rules in your region or ones you are visiting and if you are in tier 3 you shouldn't be visiting other areas anyway ,whats so hard in that?

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"Boris has again rejected a request from Kier Starmer for a ‘circuit breaker ‘ lockdown in favour of sticking to the tier system. Does the tier system work ? "
Ask in four weeks we do not know

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes it will, but hopefully other people can get their cancer treatment, whilst it is quieter in hospitals..they seem to have been forgotten..."

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

It did in March "

Didn't cases peak before lockdown?

Post new Message to Thread