Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Long Covid

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

According to this report from the BBC it appears that 1 in 20 Covid patients develop long Covid, and those more susceptible to it are those with asthma and / or obesity - and of these, women are more likely to suffer it.

I guess men with obesity or asthma are more likely to die.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54622059

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Should we be worried ?

By *apunzel the CocksuckerWoman
over a year ago

Here

"Should we be worried ?"

You should its left some really low.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

People with CFS have had this for years. It's not a good illness. No routes to treatment, no clinical support, little knowledge base, any support you do get is largely a turning of the cheek.

By *cloversCouple
over a year ago

Hull

I have long covid - been struggling for nearly 7 mths now

Took a long time for anyone to really believe that what was I was experiencing wasn't something I was exaggerating or making up.

Its quite infuriating because there are days when I think I have it beat only for the next to come along & I feel as if I've been hit by brick

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

Long Covid needs to be considered. A lot of focus on the death numbers, not much attention given to the health issues relating to Long Covid.

An Excerpt from the Guardian below:

"Up to 60,000 people in the UK may have been suffering from “long Covid” for more than three months, unable to get the care they need to recover from prolonged and debilitating symptoms."

Some of these Long Covid sufferers have had to resort to wheel chairs.

Long Covid does not just affect the old and vulnerable, it affects the young, fit and healthy too. Also affects people who had no previous underlying health issues.

over a year ago

Isnt it post viral syndrome. To be expected?

over a year ago

"Long Covid needs to be considered. A lot of focus on the death numbers, not much attention given to the health issues relating to Long Covid.

An Excerpt from the Guardian below:

"Up to 60,000 people in the UK may have been suffering from “long Covid” for more than three months, unable to get the care they need to recover from prolonged and debilitating symptoms."

Some of these Long Covid sufferers have had to resort to wheel chairs.

Long Covid does not just affect the old and vulnerable, it affects the young, fit and healthy too. Also affects people who had no previous underlying health issues.

"

Pneumonia leaves some people exhausted and ill for six months as well.

I agree it does need some serious research before we can assume anything either way though.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m asthmatic. I made a major effort to work on my body and fitness over lockdown. I’m supplementing Vit D and Zinc as well eating healthy.

I feel it’s a responsible thing to do so I’m not a burden on the NHS or my family.

Post new Message to Thread