By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Its getting very worrying again

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Plus 860 admitted to hospital, 6,431 in hospital and 629 on ventilator equipment

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hear the government are adding flu deaths with covid deaths

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I hear the government are adding flu deaths with covid deaths"

Where did you hear that from? Dave of Facebook?

Reply privately

By *rufinWoman
over a year ago

notts

If they were doing that, the numbers would be much higher. Flu is a really nasty killer at this time of year.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I hear the government are adding flu deaths with covid deaths

Where did you hear that from? Dave of Facebook? "

I'm not on fucking Facebook, next question

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not on fucking Facebook, next question "

Where did you ‘hear’ it then ?

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm not on fucking Facebook, next question

Where did you ‘hear’ it then ? "

Through the 5G mast signals obvs

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why is is if people disagree they start with the smart arse comments, trolls

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why is is if people disagree they start with the smart arse comments, trolls"

Because spamming us with your conspiracy theories isn't trolling

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Just because flu deaths are at an unusual low doesn't mean that deaths from flu are being attributed to Corona! Honestly, take off your foil hat! You know you can trust the government not to mislead you! I mean boris just isn't like that. You can trust him.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just because flu deaths are at an unusual low doesn't mean that deaths from flu are being attributed to Corona! Honestly, take off your foil hat! You know you can trust the government not to mislead you! I mean boris just isn't like that. You can trust him. "

Probably because more people than ever are getting flu jabs, plus increased hygiene in recent months slowing the spread of flu.

Boris is far from trustworthy but cmon let's use our common sense here

Reply privately

By *ountry Boy FreshMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

People have had covid and subsequently caught influenza or pneumonia if they die within 28days of the covid test they are added.

I a little shocked people are surprised or not believing its been going on all along.

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Just because flu deaths are at an unusual low doesn't mean that deaths from flu are being attributed to Corona! Honestly, take off your foil hat! You know you can trust the government not to mislead you! I mean boris just isn't like that. You can trust him.

Probably because more people than ever are getting flu jabs, plus increased hygiene in recent months slowing the spread of flu.

Boris is far from trustworthy but cmon let's use our common sense here "

Yes im sure that's it! This is probably the first year that the flu jab has worked soo well... don't forget, flu jabs were ordered months ago, there isn't a limitless supply, and every year, they all get used.

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

People have had covid and subsequently caught influenza or pneumonia if they die within 28days of the covid test they are added.

I a little shocked people are surprised or not believing its been going on all along. "

Indeed. A relative of mine had a stroke over the summer that was attributed to covid. It's a miraculous virus.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just because flu deaths are at an unusual low doesn't mean that deaths from flu are being attributed to Corona! Honestly, take off your foil hat! You know you can trust the government not to mislead you! I mean boris just isn't like that. You can trust him. "

Do you have any proof they are combining flu and COVID deaths,

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hear you make shit up on internet forums.

Reply privately

By *limmatureguyMan
over a year ago

Tonbridge

I a little shocked people are surprised or not believing its been going on all along. "

If someone dies of old age having had a positive test then they are counted. When the average age is 82 that is going to add quite few.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Provide us with facts and not make believe and you might have more credibility

Reply privately

By *ountry Boy FreshMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

I a little shocked people are surprised or not believing its been going on all along.

Indeed. A relative of mine had a stroke over the summer that was attributed to covid. It's a miraculous virus. "

That a tall story for effect or true?

You do know Covid can only be put on a death certificate if they had a positive test for it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

If someone dies of old age having had a positive test then they are counted. When the average age is 82 that is going to add quite few."

How do you die of ‘old age’ ?

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Just because flu deaths are at an unusual low doesn't mean that deaths from flu are being attributed to Corona! Honestly, take off your foil hat! You know you can trust the government not to mislead you! I mean boris just isn't like that. You can trust him.

Do you have any proof they are combining flu and COVID deaths, "

You carry on trusting Boris, there's a good boy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You carry on trusting Boris, there's a good boy. "

No proof then? Boris is an imbecile but why would he won’t to falsely increase COVID deaths ? Is it all part of the ‘great reset’ conspiracy? Or just make believe

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

If someone dies of old age having had a positive test then they are counted. When the average age is 82 that is going to add quite few.

How do you die of ‘old age’ ? "

Simple really. Imagine you make it into your 80's, one night you're watching re-runs of "Dads army" when you fall asleep, and never wake up. With no known underlying health conditions such as cancer or heart disease, and no obvious physical trauma. The chance of anyone wanting to give you an autopsy would be rather slim. Hence death from old age/ natural causes/ age related organ failure.

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

No proof then? Boris is an imbecile but why would he won’t to falsely increase COVID deaths ? Is it all part of the ‘great reset’ conspiracy? Or just make believe "

You love boris and the Tories and won't hear a word against him/ them. We understand, bless. Is it his charisma?

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Where did you hear that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Simple really. Imagine you make it into your 80's, one night you're watching re-runs of "Dads army" when you fall asleep, and never wake up. With no known underlying health conditions such as cancer or heart disease, and no obvious physical trauma. The chance of anyone wanting to give you an autopsy would be rather slim. Hence death from old age/ natural causes/ age related organ failure."

Wow, that is scary, can you catch this ‘old age’ ? Can you only die of it if you are over 80?

Reply privately

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

If someone dies of old age having had a positive test then they are counted. When the average age is 82 that is going to add quite few."

These are additional deaths not old age ...

I blame the Covidiots for a lot of these deaths

Reply privately

over a year ago

No proof then? Boris is an imbecile but why would he won’t to falsely increase COVID deaths ? Is it all part of the ‘great reset’ conspiracy? Or just make believe

You love boris and the Tories and won't hear a word against him/ them. We understand, bless. Is it his charisma?"

Give me a reason why the government would falsely increase COVID deaths? Come on lad, you must have seen something on YouTube that backs up your claims

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Simple really. Imagine you make it into your 80's, one night you're watching re-runs of "Dads army" when you fall asleep, and never wake up. With no known underlying health conditions such as cancer or heart disease, and no obvious physical trauma. The chance of anyone wanting to give you an autopsy would be rather slim. Hence death from old age/ natural causes/ age related organ failure.

Wow, that is scary, can you catch this ‘old age’ ? Can you only die of it if you are over 80? "

Why is it scary? Do you think you'll live forever?

Reply privately

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

Nonsense

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

You love boris and the Tories and won't hear a word against him/ them. We understand, bless. Is it his charisma?

Give me a reason why the government would falsely increase COVID deaths? Come on lad, you must have seen something on YouTube that backs up your claims "

It's soo hard for you Tories to think you might be lied to. You have my sympathies.

Reply privately

By *ountry Boy FreshMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

Where did you hear that?"

There is some fact to it but conspiracy theists have twisted it.

Often people die from more than one issue you regularly have heart/lung/smoking/stress combinations. Right now there are people having positive covid tests and catching other things subsequently which finishes them off. The figures on covid are clear if someone dies and has a covid test within 28 days the death is added to the figures.

Reply privately

By *ountry Boy FreshMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

Give me a reason why the government would falsely increase COVID deaths? Come on lad, you must have seen something on YouTube that backs up your claims

It's soo hard for you Tories to think you might be lied to. You have my sympathies. "

Are you going to answer my point earlier or is all tall paul stories with you and trolling?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wow, that is scary, can you catch this ‘old age’ ? Can you only die of it if you are over 80?

Why is it scary? Do you think you'll live forever?"

Can you only die of ‘old age ‘ when you reach your 80s? It sounds like a deadly killer, is it contagious?

Reply privately

over a year ago

But even IF (and that's a MASSIVE "if") flu deaths are being added to covid ones, how do you explain the 21k+ positive cases. Are most of those just flu too?

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's soo hard for you Tories to think you might be lied to. You have my sympathies.

Are you going to answer my point earlier or is all tall paul stories with you and trolling? "

The troll doesn’t deal with facts proof,

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's soo hard for you Tories to think you might be lied to. You have my sympathies. "

So you can't come up with a good reason then.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I read somewhere that death statistics were made up of people who died with covid and other health issues.

I would like to know the death from covid alone statistics.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I read somewhere that death statistics were made up of people who died with covid and other health issues.

I would like to know the death from covid alone statistics. "

People with other health problems are more likely to die of COVID but unless they were on deaths door it was COVID that prematurely killed them

Reply privately

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

"I read somewhere that death statistics were made up of people who died with covid and other health issues.

These are Covid deaths .

Reply privately

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

That won't be a high number as it's the covid-19 complications that mainly kill people, pneumonia, sepsis, blood clots, heart failure etc etc is what you will die of.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

What is dying of old age?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why? Most of these people would still be alive as their health issues alone would not have killed them, therefore it is basically covid that killed them.

Add to that the fact that some people are not even aware they have issues (case in point the fitness influencer Dmitry Stuzhuk who died recently as he caught covid without knowing he had a heart condition). How many people do you think are walking around right now without knowing they have underlying conditions, and that covid would tip them over the edge?

Reply privately

By *ountry Boy FreshMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

Often most people die of more than one issue so people who contract covid do you know how they actually die?

The reality is many get secondary infections others organ failure some are having heart attacks death and a myriad of other things.

Reply privately

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

These are Covid deaths . "

Covid is the underlying cause of death , it may result in heart failure pneumonia, acute respiratory failure etc etc but that doesn't change the facts:

Covid would be the

underlying cause of death and result in a premature death.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Where did you hear that one?

1) these are ons or phe or NHS numbers not "govt"

2) what is your point?

3) what are hospital wards, ICU and ventilators being filled up with?

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

That won't be a high number as it's the covid-19 complications that mainly kill people, pneumonia, sepsis, blood clots, heart failure etc etc is what you will die of."

Blimy! I mean, deaths from Corona as a catch all is already tiny. And you're saying that that figure would be a tiny part of an already tiny number! Amazing!

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

2) what is your point?

"

You say "filled" i did hear about one hospital whose Corona ward is full... but they only had 8 beds...

Reply privately

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

That won't be a high number as it's the covid-19 complications that mainly kill people, pneumonia, sepsis, blood clots, heart failure etc etc is what you will die of.

Blimy! I mean, deaths from Corona as a catch all is already tiny. And you're saying that that figure would be a tiny part of an already tiny number! Amazing!"

Dont be daft ... 241 is huge and getting worse daily

Reply privately

By *ountry Boy FreshMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

2) what is your point?

You say "filled" i did hear about one hospital whose Corona ward is full... but they only had 8 beds..."

No that was your imaginary relative Who had a "stroke over the summer" that was miraculously died of covid. Any more stories tall paul?

Reply privately

over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Blimy! I mean, deaths from Corona as a catch all is already tiny. And you're saying that that figure would be a tiny part of an already tiny number! Amazing!"

Yes its the same as flu, its the complications it causes that are deadly and being fit and healthy is no guarantee of not having a heart attack from it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What is dying of old age? "

It's what Dr Shipman used to put as a cause of death...

Reply privately

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

Try to keep up !

These are all additional deaths and to call them tiny is really rather silly

Reply privately

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Open up the Nightingale hospitals and fill them up with covid people and leave the hospital beds empty for people who need surgery and treatments.

Reply privately

By *moothman2000Man
over a year ago

Leicestershire

" With no known underlying health conditions such as cancer or heart disease, and no obvious physical trauma. The chance of anyone wanting to give you an autopsy would be rather slim. Hence death from old age/ natural causes/ age related organ failure."

Wrong.

That would count as an unexplained death and would result in an autopsy.

How would 'age related organ failure' be established without one?

Reply privately

over a year ago

2) what is your point?

You say "filled" i did hear about one hospital whose Corona ward is full... but they only had 8 beds..."

Of course you did

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Open up the Nightingale hospitals and fill them up with covid people and leave the hospital beds empty for people who need surgery and treatments. "

Who is going to staff the Nightingale hospitals?

Reply privately

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It's certainly a big jump from the previous day

Reply privately

By *ountry Boy FreshMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

"Open up the Nightingale hospitals and fill them up with covid people and leave the hospital beds empty for people who need surgery and treatments.

Who is going to staff the Nightingale hospitals? "

Don't you know im shocked you seen to know everything but that!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Blimy! I mean, deaths from Corona as a catch all is already tiny. And you're saying that that figure would be a tiny part of an already tiny number! Amazing!

Dont be daft ... 241 is huge and getting worse daily "

Exactly. If there had been 241 deaths as the result of an attack or accident it would be catastrophic. And no-one would give a shit about their age or health conditions.

Reply privately

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

"Open up the Nightingale hospitals and fill them up with covid people and leave the hospital beds empty for people who need surgery and treatments. "

Where are the staff coming from ?

We are under staffed due to years of under investment

Reply privately

over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"It's certainly a big jump from the previous day "

It includes yesterday's lag of reported deaths

Reply privately

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

"It's certainly a big jump from the previous day

It includes yesterday's lag of reported deaths"

Good point .. . The trend up is awful though and we are certainly seeing more in our hospital

Reply privately

By *ove2lickJemCouple
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

Owen Jones - "On 21st September, Chris Whitty and Patrick Vallance warned that, without drastic action, Britain would suffer 200 deaths a day by mid-November. They were ridiculed.

It's now mid-October, and today 241 deaths were announced.

A completely avoidable catastrophe."

The one thing this government has ever been ahead of schedule for...

Reply privately

By *eeker of truthMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Open up the Nightingale hospitals and fill them up with covid people and leave the hospital beds empty for people who need surgery and treatments.

Who is going to staff the Nightingale hospitals? "

Oh so i guess you just want the nhs to be a covid only service again then?

Despite the fact that deaths from diebetes went up 86%

Prostate cancer deaths up by 53%

Breast cancer deaths up by 47%

Bowl cancer 46%

Need i go on?

The nhs is not and can not be a covid only service.

Reply privately

By *eeker of truthMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Owen Jones - "On 21st September, Chris Whitty and Patrick Vallance warned that, without drastic action, Britain would suffer 200 deaths a day by mid-November. They were ridiculed.

The one thing this government has ever been ahead of schedule for... "

Lets get it right 241 deaths but then read the small print *deaths for ANY REASON within 28 days of testing positive of coronavirus*.

So any deaths including old age, cancer, flu, car accidents if any of those tested positive in the last 28 days and then died today, they will be included in that 241 statistic.

Reply privately

By *moothman2000Man
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

Bowl cancer 46%

"

Where have those numbers come from?

Reply privately

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

Bowl cancer 46%

Need i go on?

"

It's not and never has been ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Owen Jones - "On 21st September, Chris Whitty and Patrick Vallance warned that, without drastic action, Britain would suffer 200 deaths a day by mid-November. They were ridiculed.

Lets get it right 241 deaths but then read the small print *deaths for ANY REASON within 28 days of testing positive of coronavirus*.

So any deaths including old age, cancer, flu, car accidents if any of those tested positive in the last 28 days and then died today, they will be included in that 241 statistic.

"

This is what I've heard but the majority of people in the forums don't seem to agree.

I havent got a clue myself

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Which has been the case all through this.

So all them flu ,cancer patients are ramping up from a month ago eh.

Ps they dont use old age as a cause of death anymore..

Reply privately

By *eeker of truthMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"

And also to add to that if you read the insert of a covid test it says this...

"It should be noted that PCR tests can not distinguish between live virus and non infective RNA.

This means the test cannot distinguish between covid from a cold or measles or ebola".

So how many of those 20,000 cases was false negatives.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Plus 860 admitted to hospital, 6,431 in hospital and 629 on ventilator equipment "

Is that all covid cases or just general ICU admissions

Reply privately

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

Indeed. A relative of mine had a stroke over the summer that was attributed to covid. It's a miraculous virus. "

“....... A relative of mine had a stroke over the summer that was attributed to covid. It's a miraculous virus....”

————————————-

Because covid was the underlying condition which lead to the stroke.

The same way Hypertension can lead to a stroke.

Reply privately

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

"

Bowl cancer 46%

Where have those numbers come from?"

the office of national statistics... Heart disease +47%..lung cancer +52%...protate cancer +53%..bowel cancer ++46%...breast cancer +47%

Reply privately

By *ove2lickJemCouple
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"

I do know the figures are weirdly skewed that way, the point still stands, we are still a month ahead of worst fears a month ago cos those figures were worked out the same then.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Deaths from respiratory illnesses always rise this time of year and 300-400 a day isn't uncommon.

Reply privately

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The Government has nothing to do with the figures, the numbers come from the health professionals. Because coronavirus is a Notifiable disease all positive tests have to be declared.

Cal

Reply privately

over a year ago

The one thing this government has ever been ahead of schedule for... "

Any idiot can predict very weak, seriously ill and elderly people will sucome to death from pathogens during winter at a higher rate than summer.

How much over the long term average are we in those deaths is the question.

Reply privately

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"Deaths from respiratory illnesses always rise this time of year and 300-400 a day isn't uncommon.

"

And those death figures would have been much higher than what is common if measures had not been taken to control the spread of covid.

Reply privately

over a year ago

40,601,835 cases

1,120, 490 deaths

189. Countries/regions

Jon hopkins University covid resource Centre

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

Yep, and the odds of being diagnosed positive for Covid, recovering, catching flu and dieing within 28 days are astronomical.

So high that if it's true it must have increased the Covid death toll by at least none

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yep, and the odds of being diagnosed positive for Covid, recovering, catching flu and dieing within 28 days are astronomical.

So high that if it's true it must have increased the Covid death toll by at least none "

Yes but going into hospital with a terminal condition, catching the virus sars-cov2 and then dying isn't that uncommon.

Having covid19 is now deemed by just having a virus which is complete bollocks, the two things are completely different.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Exactly. If there had been 241 deaths as the result of an attack or accident it would be catastrophic. And no-one would give a shit about their age or health conditions. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Exactly. If there had been 241 deaths as the result of an attack or accident it would be catastrophic. And no-one would give a shit about their age or health conditions.

"

When was the last time a terrorist ran amok in an old folks home or a terminally ill ward?.

Of course it matters, that's why terrorist pick concert venues full of 18 year old, or tube trains or buses or markets.

Wether you like it or not 90 year old edge of death victims don't have the same impact.

Reply privately

over a year ago

When was the last time a terrorist ran amok in an old folks home or a terminally ill ward?.

Of course it matters, that's why terrorist pick concert venues full of 18 year old, or tube trains or buses or markets.

Wether you like it or not 90 year old edge of death victims don't have the same impact."

What's your point?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wether you like it or not 90 year old edge of death victims don't have the same impact.

What's your point?"

If you can't guess from what I wrote then it's pointless continuing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

"

Bowl cancer 46%

Where have those numbers come from?the office of national statistics... Heart disease +47%..lung cancer +52%...protate cancer +53%..bowel cancer ++46%...breast cancer +47%"

Interesting to know where these stats are as all data on 2020 is provisional until analysed fully and they don’t issue the previous year’s data until the following summer, ie for 2020 it will be June/July 2021 that this information is available

The last provisional figures, which are done monthly was for August 2020. In August 2020, seven of the 10 leading causes of death were significantly below the five-year average for England for that month

Reply privately

over a year ago

What's your point?

If you can't guess from what I wrote then it's pointless continuing."

I really don't care.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Said on my welsh news yesterday that a 98 year old lady died from Covid so that was our 1 case for our area yet on Friday we’re going into full lockdown for 17 days!!

Reply privately

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"

Bowl cancer 46%

Where have those numbers come from?the office of national statistics... Heart disease +47%..lung cancer +52%...protate cancer +53%..bowel cancer ++46%...breast cancer +47%

Interesting to know where these stats are as all data on 2020 is provisional until analysed fully and they don’t issue the previous year’s data until the following summer, ie for 2020 it will be June/July 2021 that this information is available

The last provisional figures, which are done monthly was for August 2020. In August 2020, seven of the 10 leading causes of death were significantly below the five-year average for England for that month"

Don’t go confusing the issue with legitimate figures and actual knowledge Spurs, it upsets people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So many different stories and figures though. Who do you believe.

Reply privately

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

"

Bowl cancer 46%

Where have those numbers come from?the office of national statistics... Heart disease +47%..lung cancer +52%...protate cancer +53%..bowel cancer ++46%...breast cancer +47%

The last provisional figures, which are done monthly was for August 2020. In August 2020, seven of the 10 leading causes of death were significantly below the five-year average for England for that month"

the figures, quoted are for the period March 14 2020 to September 11 2020 so you are, telling me these are false. It's there in black and shite

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

"

Bowl cancer 46%

The last provisional figures, which are done monthly was for August 2020. In August 2020, seven of the 10 leading causes of death were significantly below the five-year average for England for that month

Don’t go confusing the issue with legitimate figures and actual knowledge Spurs, it upsets people. "

Oops my bad

Reply privately

over a year ago

Attitudes of some on here is disgusting but somehow someone's life doesn't matter because they are old or because they have an underlining condition. Also underline condition does not mean terminal. I think it is absolutely disgusting but people think the old and vulnerable are somehow collateral damage.

The same old people who they don't care about are the same people who gave the freedoms that many are moaning about temporarily being restricted.

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

If they were doing that, the numbers would be much higher. Flu is a really nasty killer at this time of year."

No it isn't. Try december to february. Flu is really insignificant at the moment. A good place to look is the governments weekly flu report.

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

"

Bowl cancer 46%

The last provisional figures, which are done monthly was for August 2020. In August 2020, seven of the 10 leading causes of death were significantly below the five-year average for England for that monththe figures, quoted are for the period March 14 2020 to September 11 2020 so you are, telling me these are false. It's there in black and shite "

That’s why I asked where.... having looked at ONS death analysis, August is the last update

Reply privately

By *limmatureguyMan
over a year ago

Tonbridge

If they were doing that, the numbers would be much higher. Flu is a really nasty killer at this time of year.

No it isn't. Try december to february. Flu is really insignificant at the moment. A good place to look is the governments weekly flu report."

Maybe covid is this year's flu.

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"

Bowl cancer 46%

The last provisional figures, which are done monthly was for August 2020. In August 2020, seven of the 10 leading causes of death were significantly below the five-year average for England for that monththe figures, quoted are for the period March 14 2020 to September 11 2020 so you are, telling me these are false. It's there in black and shite "

What's the source? Can you message me?

Reply privately

By *rufinWoman
over a year ago

notts

No it isn't. Try december to february. Flu is really insignificant at the moment. A good place to look is the governments weekly flu report."

Oh yeah you're right, and flu deaths are lower than normal for this time of year. How much higher are they than deaths by covid again? It's so hard to keep up.

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"

Bowl cancer 46%

The last provisional figures, which are done monthly was for August 2020. In August 2020, seven of the 10 leading causes of death were significantly below the five-year average for England for that monththe figures, quoted are for the period March 14 2020 to September 11 2020 so you are, telling me these are false. It's there in black and shite

That’s why I asked where.... having looked at ONS death analysis, August is the last update "

Thanks for sending the source. Here is my issue with the stats....

Someone is diagnosed with lung cancer. They catch covid which attacks the lungs and results in pneumonia. Unfortunately they die.

Is this death cancer, pneumonia or covid? My understanding is that all 3 will be reported on the death certificate. Perhaps in section 1a the pneumonia and then in section 1b covid and lung cancer.

People who have cancer die of something as a result of having cancer. The body is so badly damaged that an infection causes the death.

It's therefore perfectly possible that the lung cancer death example is recorded as a covid death but also a cancer death.

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

"

Bowl cancer 46%

The last provisional figures, which are done monthly was for August 2020. In August 2020, seven of the 10 leading causes of death were significantly below the five-year average for England for that monththe figures, quoted are for the period March 14 2020 to September 11 2020 so you are, telling me these are false. It's there in black and shite

That’s why I asked where.... having looked at ONS death analysis, August is the last update

Someone is diagnosed with lung cancer. They catch covid which attacks the lungs and results in pneumonia. Unfortunately they die.

Is this death cancer, pneumonia or covid? My understanding is that all 3 will be reported on the death certificate. Perhaps in section 1a the pneumonia and then in section 1b covid and lung cancer.

People who have cancer die of something as a result of having cancer. The body is so badly damaged that an infection causes the death.

It's therefore perfectly possible that the lung cancer death example is recorded as a covid death but also a cancer death.

"

I can see how can interpret that however if you go to section 3 it clearly states that COVID deaths in August “Of the 34,750 deaths registered in August 2020 in England, 1.4% (482 deaths) involved the coronavirus (COVID-19). In Wales, 2.2% of the 2,379 deaths registered in August involved COVID-19 (52 deaths)”

It further goes on to say that “a doctor certifying a death can list all causes in the chain of events that led to the death and pre-existing conditions that may have contributed to the death. Using this information, we determine an underlying cause of death. More information on this process can be found in the User guide to mortality statistics.

In most cases (92.2% in England and 89.7% in Wales) where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate, it was found to be the underlying cause of death. The analysis of COVID-19 deaths in this bulletin focusses only on deaths where COVID-19 was the underlying cause (deaths “due to” COVID-19)”

So the causes of death have been separated out and COVID became number 24 in the list of reasons someone died in August, if it hadn’t it would have matched your theory.

It’s why all of these stats need to be taken with a pinch of salt until they have been assessed properly and the separations made

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"

Bowl cancer 46%

I can see how can interpret that however if you go to section 3 it clearly states that COVID deaths in August “Of the 34,750 deaths registered in August 2020 in England, 1.4% (482 deaths) involved the coronavirus (COVID-19). In Wales, 2.2% of the 2,379 deaths registered in August involved COVID-19 (52 deaths)”

It further goes on to say that “a doctor certifying a death can list all causes in the chain of events that led to the death and pre-existing conditions that may have contributed to the death. Using this information, we determine an underlying cause of death. More information on this process can be found in the User guide to mortality statistics.

In most cases (92.2% in England and 89.7% in Wales) where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate, it was found to be the underlying cause of death. The analysis of COVID-19 deaths in this bulletin focusses only on deaths where COVID-19 was the underlying cause (deaths “due to” COVID-19)”

So the causes of death have been separated out and COVID became number 24 in the list of reasons someone died in August, if it hadn’t it would have matched your theory.

It’s why all of these stats need to be taken with a pinch of salt until they have been assessed properly and the separations made

"

I will need to have a closer look when not on my phone!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And over 21k cases. "

Government now combine Flu and covid cases

Reply privately

over a year ago

"40,601,835 cases

1,120, 490 deaths

189. Countries/regions

Jon hopkins University covid resource Centre"

I'm not sure what your point was in posting these figures, but if you express the number of deaths as a percentage, then it works out at over 2.75%, which is somewhat higher than the 0.5 - 1% figure that is often cited on this forum.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bowl cancer 46%

Need i go on?

"

Where did you get those figures from?

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"40,601,835 cases

1,120, 490 deaths

189. Countries/regions

I'm not sure what your point was in posting these figures, but if you express the number of deaths as a percentage, then it works out at over 2.75%, which is somewhat higher than the 0.5 - 1% figure that is often cited on this forum. "

The self certified covexperts here never let stuff like the truth enter their argument.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"And over 21k cases.

Government now combine Flu and covid cases"

Source?

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

Bowl cancer 46%

Need i go on?

Where did you get those figures from?"

I asked that question the response was

the figures, quoted are for the period March 14 2020 to September 11 2020 so you are, telling me these are false. It's there in black and shite

Reply privately

over a year ago

Still only 20% of what it was back at it's height back in April

Yet cases are three times as many

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Still only 20% of what it was back at it's height back in April

Yet cases are three times as many"

And here's me thinking it was the other way around

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Because when it is so much bollocks you will get abuse here simple

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

Because we are simply testing more people and not just those admitted to hospital

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

The fact that you state this shows you really haven't got a clue.

There is 10x the amount of testing going on now. This means more positive tests so hardly surprising that this doesn't tally in with the deaths from April...

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/10/20 22:13:41]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Boris is far from trustworthy but cmon let's use our common sense here "

I agree 100%. Extreme hygiene played major role against common flu

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bowl cancer 46%

Need i go on?

the figures, quoted are for the period March 14 2020 to September 11 2020 so you are, telling me these are false. It's there in black and shite"

That’s an ‘interesting’ way for someone to respond to a simple question.

I don’t know about you but they seem a little high to me, they certainly don’t match up to what we are seeing in my organisation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

Bowl cancer 46%

Need i go on?

That’s an ‘interesting’ way for someone to respond to a simple question.

I don’t know about you but they seem a little high to me, they certainly don’t match up to what we are seeing in my organisation."

Yes they seem high to me to. I looked up August’s cause of deaths (in thread above) and they are down on the five year average. I can only find monthly data for this year and both accumulative

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why is is if people disagree they start with the smart arse comments, trolls

Provide us with facts and not make believe and you might have more credibility "

He didn’t disagree or give a smart arse comment, he simply asked where you got your ‘facts’, we are all waiting for an answer?

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Bowl cancer 46%

Need i go on?

"

Those sound like you're repeating dave down the pubs numbers. Could our provide a source where you got them from and also confirm over what period of time the percentages have increased? Ie a week, a month, a year?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bowl cancer 46%

Need i go on?

Those sound like you're repeating dave down the pubs numbers. Could our provide a source where you got them from and also confirm over what period of time the percentages have increased? Ie a week, a month, a year? "

Why do want a source? Don't you believe them?

Reply privately

over a year ago

He didn’t disagree or give a smart arse comment, he simply asked where you got your ‘facts’, we are all waiting for an answer?"

I'm not giving any sources, your waiting for an answer haha , like I have to answer to you

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bowl cancer 46%

Need i go on?

Those sound like you're repeating dave down the pubs numbers. Could our provide a source where you got them from and also confirm over what period of time the percentages have increased? Ie a week, a month, a year?

Why do want a source? Don't you believe them? "

Well, when people quote facts there has to be a means of attributing the fact to a source or the more cynical amongst us may think they were making things up to suit

Reply privately

over a year ago

He didn’t disagree or give a smart arse comment, he simply asked where you got your ‘facts’, we are all waiting for an answer?

I'm not giving any sources, your waiting for an answer haha , like I have to answer to you "

Lol yep the dummy is out! Credibility lost

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not giving any sources, your waiting for an answer haha , like I have to answer to you

Lol yep the dummy is out! Credibility lost"

Wow another troll, thats two today, is it national troll day...... Sources!! Sources!!! Sources!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bowl cancer 46%

Need i go on?

Well, when people quote facts there has to be a means of attributing the fact to a source or the more cynical amongst us may think they were making things up to suit"

If they give you a source would you say 'OK, I believe you'

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/10/20 22:56:50]

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/10/20 22:58:45]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Your fucking this up arnt you

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Your fucking this up arnt you "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Your fucking this up arnt you "
seems my reply to you isn’t printable, I’m sure you understand (maybe)

Reply privately

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman
over a year ago

The place where fairies live

Where did you hear that from? Dave of Facebook? "

Definitely Karen said that..

Reply privately

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

Bowl cancer 46%

Need i go on?

Well, when people quote facts there has to be a means of attributing the fact to a source or the more cynical amongst us may think they were making things up to suit"

It just makes them look very daft really. Who do they think they are fooling making up daft figures

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Your fucking this up arnt you seems my reply to you isn’t printable, I’m sure you understand (maybe)"

Does it matter if I understand or not, do you care? I dont

Reply privately

over a year ago

"40,601,835 cases

1,120, 490 deaths

189. Countries/regions

I'm not sure what your point was in posting these figures, but if you express the number of deaths as a percentage, then it works out at over 2.75%, which is somewhat higher than the 0.5 - 1% figure that is often cited on this forum.

The self certified covexperts here never let stuff like the truth enter their argument."

Well the CDC had a CFR of 2.9% for h1n1(swine flu) in its first year, it's not unusual because the vast majority of cases are never picked up, interestingly in the last few years with various studies the CFR for it is now estimated at 0.02%, how did they get it so wrong you might ask?.

Or then again you probably won't, anyhow what's the latest peer reviewed studies showing for sars-cov2 CFR.

0.03% is the answer.

Reply privately

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman
over a year ago

The place where fairies live

People with other health problems are more likely to die of COVID but unless they were on deaths door it was COVID that prematurely killed them "

This

Reply privately

By *hickennchipsWoman
over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

All the figures are screwed. I don’t trust any of it or anything I hear via the media. Scaremongering is rife. Suicide rates are soaring. Boris makes it up as he goes along.

My source you ask? It’s classified, if I told you I’d have to fab you

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Your fucking this up arnt you seems my reply to you isn’t printable, I’m sure you understand (maybe)

Does it matter if I understand or not, do you care? I dont"

Yes actually we do care, fortunately that’s what separates decent people from morons...bye!

Reply privately

By *hickennchipsWoman
over a year ago

"Your fucking this up arnt you seems my reply to you isn’t printable, I’m sure you understand (maybe)

Yes actually we do care, fortunately that’s what separates decent people from morons...bye!"

Aww, I was expecting more than that comment after all the ones you removed

Reply privately

over a year ago

People with other health problems are more likely to die of COVID but unless they were on deaths door it was COVID that prematurely killed them

This "

Well funnily enough in Ireland 95% of fatalities didn't even make ICU because they were to ill to bother with, the clinical decision was made that they were to ill to bother with.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes actually we do care, fortunately that’s what separates decent people from morons...bye!"

I'm actually a very decent person but I'm fucked if I'm being told to prove or answer, just because someone disagrees with my comments, I actually got the figures from the CDC and I also go on Jon hopkins University covid resources.... Bye

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a mooch

This "

For august it is quoted further up in the thread or you can read the paper on ONS

Reply privately

over a year ago

This

Well funnily enough in Ireland 95% of fatalities didn't even make ICU because they were to ill to bother with, the clinical decision was made that they were to ill to bother with."

I am almost certain that any clinician would not say that someone is too ill to bother with. This is real people you are talking about!

Reply privately

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

Think we need a separate covid site

Reply privately

over a year ago

This

Well funnily enough in Ireland 95% of fatalities didn't even make ICU because they were to ill to bother with, the clinical decision was made that they were to ill to bother with.

I am almost certain that any clinician would not say that someone is too ill to bother with. This is real people you are talking about!"

So your saying the Irish health authority are making those figures up?.

95% of covid fatalities never got put in ICU because the clinical decision was they were already to ill for it to be of use.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Think we need a separate covid site "

Urm we have a separate forum soooo....

Reply privately

over a year ago

This

I am almost certain that any clinician would not say that someone is too ill to bother with. This is real people you are talking about!

95% of covid fatalities never got put in ICU because the clinical decision was they were already to ill for it to be of use."

No I'm saying that they did not put it in terms of as crude and dehumanising as you just did.

Reply privately

By *hickennchipsWoman
over a year ago

This

I am almost certain that any clinician would not say that someone is too ill to bother with. This is real people you are talking about!"

Err, they did

Reply privately

over a year ago

This

Err, they did "

Where did the Irish health authority ever say "they were to ill to bother with"

Reply privately

over a year ago

This

95% of covid fatalities never got put in ICU because the clinical decision was they were already to ill for it to be of use.

No I'm saying that they did not put it in terms of as crude and dehumanising as you just did."

It's literally really common in the medical industry, somebody makes a decision on whether your worth the effort trying to save, it's done day in day out on almost every illness going.

I'm sorry if you can't emotionally deal with that but the fact remains that 95% of covid fatalities in Ireland never went into ICU.

Reply privately

By *hickennchipsWoman
over a year ago

This

Err, they did

Where did the Irish health authority ever say "they were to ill to bother with""

He never quoted it as a direct comment

I sense you are backtracking here...

Reply privately

over a year ago

You can do this in the UK 55,000 deaths how many went through ICU?.

If they didn't go through ICU then the question remains why somebody took that decision?.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This

Err, they did

Where did the Irish health authority ever say "they were to ill to bother with"

He never quoted it as a direct comment

I sense you are backtracking here... "

Sorry but how am I back tracking I have literally quoting what the man said would you like to explain what you mean because as usual people don't like it when they get caught out and just become a little bit picky.

Reply privately

over a year ago

SOURCES!!!!!!!

Reply privately

By *hickennchipsWoman
over a year ago

"You can do this in the UK 55,000 deaths how many went through ICU?.

If they didn't go through ICU then the question remains why somebody took that decision?."

It’s a waste of time and resources if the end result is the same. Fact Thats why those decisions are made

Reply privately

over a year ago

This

No I'm saying that they did not put it in terms of as crude and dehumanising as you just did.

It's literally really common in the medical industry, somebody makes a decision on whether your worth the effort trying to save, it's done day in day out on almost every illness going.

I'm sorry if you can't emotionally deal with that but the fact remains that 95% of covid fatalities in Ireland never went into ICU."

Stop making assumptions.

I disputed the langue used

Reply privately

By *hickennchipsWoman
over a year ago

"SOURCES!!!!!!! "

Heinz or HP?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"SOURCES!!!!!!! "

don't be silly these people don't do sources because there aren't any for what they claim.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'll give you a clue, they were in there mid 80s with several serious underlying medical conditions and only months away from death anyhow, did nobody pick up on the extra deaths in the summer that dropped below average week after week after week until the media simply stopped quoting the average deaths because it simply didn't suit the narrative anymore.

2 and a half months of below average deaths!.

It's like those people had died earlier in the year or something else.

Reply privately

over a year ago

WE WANT PROOF, the forum demands answers, if you don't provide proof of everything you say on here, you will be taken outside and SHOT!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

This

Err, they did "

It wasn’t just the Irish. Why do you think we had so many care home deaths.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"SOURCES!!!!!!!

Heinz or HP? "

Ahhhhh a sense of humour

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Amazing to think it's only been a week since Trump was hospitalized with Corona! Guy must be superhuman!

Reply privately

over a year ago

My gran used to say we're in danger of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Wish she was alive today

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where this pandemic is concerned, we're all in the same storm but we are not all in the same boat. Some are in huge yachts and can hardly feel a ripple, some are in smaller boats which are listing slightly to port, some are rowing, exhausted and some are in the water, drowning.

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"I'll give you a clue, they were in there mid 80s with several serious underlying medical conditions and only months away from death anyhow, did nobody pick up on the extra deaths in the summer that dropped below average week after week after week until the media simply stopped quoting the average deaths because it simply didn't suit the narrative anymore.

"

So what's the area below the average compared to the area above the average?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'll give you a clue, they were in there mid 80s with several serious underlying medical conditions and only months away from death anyhow, did nobody pick up on the extra deaths in the summer that dropped below average week after week after week until the media simply stopped quoting the average deaths because it simply didn't suit the narrative anymore.

So what's the area below the average compared to the area above the average?"

Dunno what's the average extra deaths after a year going to be? do you reckon it will still be 60,000 extra?

I reckon it will be less than 10,000 because most were going to die this year anyhow but covid brought a lot of them further on.

The morality of that I'll let you argue with because it's not my thing.

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

So what's the area below the average compared to the area above the average?

Dunno what's the average extra deaths after a year going to be? do you reckon it will still be 60,000 extra?

I reckon it will be less than 10,000 because most were going to die this year anyhow but covid brought a lot of them further on.

The morality of that I'll let you argue with because it's not my thing. "

Now if that was true, the excess deaths in the last 2 months would have significantly below the 5yr average. Was it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

If anyone can explain this to me Ide be surprised ... I went to get a covid test 4 weeks ago I had no symptoms got to the test centre where I filled my details out I was told it was over an hour wait I didn't have an hour free I had to go work so left without taking a test . 2 days later I received a text saying I tested positive for covid even though I never took a test this has happened to a few people I know in Blackburn not just me ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

If this virus (and by extension this forum post) has proved one thing, it's that it doesn't matter what the truth is. People will believe what they want to believe anyway.

Conspiracy theorists can make of that what they will.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If anyone can explain this to me Ide be surprised ... I went to get a covid test 4 weeks ago I had no symptoms got to the test centre where I filled my details out I was told it was over an hour wait I didn't have an hour free I had to go work so left without taking a test . 2 days later I received a text saying I tested positive for covid even though I never took a test this has happened to a few people I know in Blackburn not just me ... "

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"If anyone can explain this to me Ide be surprised ... I went to get a covid test 4 weeks ago I had no symptoms got to the test centre where I filled my details out I was told it was over an hour wait I didn't have an hour free I had to go work so left without taking a test . 2 days later I received a text saying I tested positive for covid even though I never took a test this has happened to a few people I know in Blackburn not just me ...

"

Err, because you left and didn't provide a positive test. Perhaps it was a mistake. Did you tell them before you decided not to wait?

Reply privately

By *limmatureguyMan
over a year ago

Tonbridge

This

When my father died in a care home two years ago they didn't call an ambulance, they didn't put him in ICU, they gave him some extra pain relief and he died because he was old. That will be what happened to the 95%, except they will have happened to have tested positive for covid at some prior time.

Reply privately

By *limmatureguyMan
over a year ago

Tonbridge

"Amazing to think it's only been a week since Trump was hospitalized with Corona! Guy must be superhuman! "

Or maybe, for most people it is no danger.

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"Amazing to think it's only been a week since Trump was hospitalized with Corona! Guy must be superhuman! "

Or he's a lieing bastard ?

Of course there's no track record of him telling lies, is there ?

Reply privately