Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

covid-19 - The undocumented loss statistics

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I remember vividly returning to the club scene post Brexit and the environment had changed dramatically. A number of the most visually engaging beings had developed a tarnish... I won’t say which way I voted but a certain few I had admired from afar for a while where suddenly repulsive, knowing their stated views, mindset etc suddenly categorised them into “I’d rather have a wank territory”.

I wonder alongside cancer, suicide, transplant fatalities that will be impacted by covid-19 if also within our community a number of potential future meets, hedonistic vignettes within our surviving clubs etc will suffer a toll.

What’s people’s thoughts? Have people struck off a number of potential liaisons already? Does fab need a Libertarian and Law Abider filter as we emerge from the darkness?

P.S. I am already well aware I will have a number of “libertarians” (mainly from Hull) who would rather die than snog me, we can just agree the feeling is mutual and not make it personal xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

It will certainly influence my feelings about some people. Not going to name any names, but anyone familiar with my posts should have a good idea where i stand. Tbh, i would rather expect that the type of people i don't want to meet, would not want to know me anyway.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It will certainly influence my feelings about some people. Not going to name any names, but anyone familiar with my posts should have a good idea where i stand. Tbh, i would rather expect that the type of people i don't want to meet, would not want to know me anyway."

I totally agree with this.

I'm really shocked and sad at some people's attitude.

over a year ago

Not sure this is quite the same, but I feel it's still relevant. I remember seeing posts and comments on Twatbook around the last election saying "if you voted Tory/Labour remove me as friends" even saw families fall out over it. But isn't that surely the whole point of democracy? Would these people prefer we lived in a dictatorship such as South Korea? Should I be judged on the same way because of which football team o support?

Seems to be a problem through society now, exacerbated by social media, of people so hard set on their beliefs they devalue those of others, I'm new here, but isn't this place supposed to be open minded?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Not sure this is quite the same, but I feel it's still relevant. I remember seeing posts and comments on Twatbook around the last election saying "if you voted Tory/Labour remove me as friends" even saw families fall out over it. But isn't that surely the whole point of democracy? Would these people prefer we lived in a dictatorship such as South Korea? Should I be judged on the same way because of which football team o support?

Seems to be a problem through society now, exacerbated by social media, of people so hard set on their beliefs they devalue those of others, I'm new here, but isn't this place supposed to be open minded?"

I think Social media is at times very damaging... it is a modern day playground and I guess Mr Cummings use of it in pioneering a new way to fight elections somewhat highlights that. It’s a really hard question to answer would we be better off with or without it.

In fairness... I think your post is cracking, totally flips open so many thoughts to the point that it probably warrants a thread of its own

over a year ago

"I think Social media is at times very damaging... it is a modern day playground and I guess Mr Cummings use of it in pioneering a new way to fight elections somewhat highlights that. It’s a really hard question to answer would we be better off with or without it.

In fairness... I think your post is cracking, totally flips open so many thoughts to the point that it probably warrants a thread of its own "

Thanks, feel free to take the idea and run with it

over a year ago

I have no interest in fucking anyone because of there virus odds if i die il welcome it if i dont then yay

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's good and bad, like most things in life, as it's highlighted many great things in people that could have remained invisible. After 10 years here, the virus and politics sections have shocked me with the viewpoints of some. I don't do social media elsewhere but did have notification from fbook that my account had been subject to political targeting and manipulation during the elections and have left since.

The trope that we people here must be very open-minded has been raised before. My take on it is that some areas of our lives where we are relaxed, compared to the norms, don't necessarily result in, or coexist with broad levels of permissive tolerance. People in this scene, as elsewhere, can have seemingly incongruent, conflicting mindsets, probably often fairly oblivious to how they are.

On the plus side, I really appreciate the great people and their outlooks, amongst us, including people in this thread.

over a year ago

"Not sure this is quite the same, but I feel it's still relevant. I remember seeing posts and comments on Twatbook around the last election saying "if you voted Tory/Labour remove me as friends" even saw families fall out over it. But isn't that surely the whole point of democracy? Would these people prefer we lived in a dictatorship such as South Korea? Should I be judged on the same way because of which football team o support?

Seems to be a problem through society now, exacerbated by social media, of people so hard set on their beliefs they devalue those of others, I'm new here, but isn't this place supposed to be open minded?"

i totally agree with this and yet still found myself stop talking to a guy i had not long started dating when he started on a covid is fake to contrl us rant and i was just like you surely cant be serious

i like to think i can be tolerant of others views but it can still be a total turn off

over a year ago

I won't be meeting anyone off here.

over a year ago

Swinging is incredibly elitist, even within the non swinger 'shag around' group. Not open minded.

As for the 'delete me if you disagree' types...... bless them.

over a year ago

When looking for who I'd like to have any form of sex with next the last thing I'm interested in is how they voted regarding Brexit or their views on fuckin Covid-19

over a year ago

"When looking for who I'd like to have any form of sex with next the last thing I'm interested in is how they voted regarding Brexit or their views on fuckin Covid-19 "

Yeah i once saw a profile stating that she wouldn't meet anyone who voted Conservative. I thought to myself I'm not going to look at a beautiful woman with a sexy arse and think to myself... Nah I couldn't do it she might support another party

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

"When looking for who I'd like to have any form of sex with next the last thing I'm interested in is how they voted regarding Brexit or their views on fuckin Covid-19 "

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I have certainly taken note of the profiles who relished in the idea of clubs closing and never opening again, taking every opportunity to drag us all down. I know other clubs have done the same.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

"I have certainly taken note of the profiles who relished in the idea of clubs closing and never opening again, taking every opportunity to drag us all down. I know other clubs have done the same. "

Why on earth would people want clubs to close ? were missing townhouse.

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"I have certainly taken note of the profiles who relished in the idea of clubs closing and never opening again, taking every opportunity to drag us all down. I know other clubs have done the same.

Why on earth would people want clubs to close ? were missing townhouse."

We couldn't meet anyone wearing a tinfoil hat

Post new Message to Thread