Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Time to change

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In the second world war when chamberlin made a compleat balls up the gov eas thrown out and a multi party gov put in place under churchil .it time boris and his clowns were thrown out and a multi party take over untill the crisis is over. Wud you agree

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Deffinatly not. I believe in democracy

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"In the second world war when chamberlin made a compleat balls up the gov eas thrown out and a multi party gov put in place under churchil .it time boris and his clowns were thrown out and a multi party take over untill the crisis is over. Wud you agree"

Can someone translate?

By *ogJamMan
over a year ago

Chicago

"In the second world war when chamberlin made a compleat balls up the gov eas thrown out and a multi party gov put in place under churchil .it time boris and his clowns were thrown out and a multi party take over untill the crisis is over. Wud you agree"

Its not just the UK that things are bad blaming your leaders is a fallacy its bad in most countries and the few who are not reporting how bad it is have press censorship in most.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

No

By *upergirthukMan
over a year ago

Honolulu

Thrown out? He needs lining up against a wall the way he has conducted himself.

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"In the second world war when chamberlin made a compleat balls up the gov eas thrown out and a multi party gov put in place under churchil .it time boris and his clowns were thrown out and a multi party take over untill the crisis is over. Wud you agree

Thrown out? He needs lining up against a wall the way he has conducted himself. "

Disgusting. Don't forget a lady mp was shot and killed not too long ago. Is this the politics you like?

By *udistcpl1Couple
over a year ago

Wirral

I am with the op here but I am not sure how I would organise it. However, yes the current group are clowns. One or two mistakes is fine - it will happen but not when we are having mistake after mistake.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"In the second world war when chamberlin made a compleat balls up the gov eas thrown out and a multi party gov put in place under churchil .it time boris and his clowns were thrown out and a multi party take over untill the crisis is over. Wud you agree

Thrown out? He needs lining up against a wall the way he has conducted himself. "

Do you think the Labour party would be any better? I don't.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well thats just bollox,do you think if Labour or anyone else where in charge they would have done things better.

If so what do you think they would have done better.

Every government in every country that has the virus is struggling to cope,not just the virus but the economy as well.

over a year ago

Make thing simple to understan in an emergensy do you giv power to the most qualified or a bunch of clowns who know nothing.remember sage told boris to lockdown in sept and the unqalified clown said no

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Well thats just bollox,do you think if Labour or anyone else where in charge they would have done things better.

Every government in every country that has the virus is struggling to cope,not just the virus but the economy as well."

They couldnt have done much worse.

It has been an utter car crash from day 1.

Maybe at the beginning some sort of coalition party could have been established but the time has well passed.

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Every government in every country that has the virus is struggling to cope,not just the virus but the economy as well.

Maybe at the beginning some sort of coalition party could have been established but the time has well passed."

I don't like coalition govs. Nothing can get done. Especially important stuff. It'd just be blocking on party political lines

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Make thing simple to understan in an emergensy do you giv power to the most qualified or a bunch of clowns who know nothing.remember sage told boris to lockdown in sept and the unqalified clown said no"

Who is qualified to deal with this pandemic?

Who would you give the power to OP ?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Maybe at the beginning some sort of coalition party could have been established but the time has well passed.

I don't like coalition govs. Nothing can get done. Especially important stuff. It'd just be blocking on party political lines "

At least there would be some sort of consensus between local and national gmnt.

Anyway it was always unlikely to happen and like I said way too late now.

By *ornyone30Man
over a year ago

ABERDEEN

The government have been a disaster but they dont spread the virus. Its the population who can't socially distance, wear masks and wash hands/surfaces that are spreading the virus. Im no lover of the tories or bojo but at some point we all need to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions.

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

I don't like coalition govs. Nothing can get done. Especially important stuff. It'd just be blocking on party political lines

Anyway it was always unlikely to happen and like I said way too late now."

Were you a supporter of David Camerons coalition gov? Was it good for consensus?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Anyway it was always unlikely to happen and like I said way too late now.

Were you a supporter of David Camerons coalition gov? Was it good for consensus? "

I meant have consensus over 1 issue

No I wasnt their biggest fan.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The government have been a disaster but they dont spread the virus. Its the population who can't socially distance, wear masks and wash hands/surfaces that are spreading the virus. Im no lover of the tories or bojo but at some point we all need to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions. "

People take individual responsibility

The gmnt takes collective responsibility for handling the pandemic.

over a year ago

The only one qualified to deel with this is the countrys top virolagist.he shud make polisy for the duration of the emergency with the gov ministers acting as advisors on law and money

By *ushtush300Couple
over a year ago

Southport

I think this situation is non partisan and there should have been a joint committee from the beginning with public health as the drivers in local areas for infection control and test and tracex but alas politics and dogma was more important than us too many mistakes have cost too many lives

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The only one qualified to deel with this is the countrys top virolagist.he shud make polisy for the duration of the emergency with the gov ministers acting as advisors on law and money"

You cant have a virologost dir

ecting policy.

Much better to be left to a clueless buffoon

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I think this situation is non partisan and there should have been a joint committee from the beginning with public health as the drivers in local areas for infection control and test and tracex but alas politics and dogma was more important than us too many mistakes have cost too many lives "

I think it was intertwined with politics from the start tbh.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"The government have been a disaster but they dont spread the virus. Its the population who can't socially distance, wear masks and wash hands/surfaces that are spreading the virus. Im no lover of the tories or bojo but at some point we all need to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions.

The gmnt takes collective responsibility for handling the pandemic."

The government are not spreading covid...people are !

The longer human beings break the rules ...refuse to socially distance...meeting up when they know they shouldn't... breaking rules just because dont agree with them ...the longer this will go on for .

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The government have been a disaster but they dont spread the virus. Its the population who can't socially distance, wear masks and wash hands/surfaces that are spreading the virus. Im no lover of the tories or bojo but at some point we all need to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions.

The longer human beings break the rules ...refuse to socially distance...meeting up when they know they shouldn't... breaking rules just because dont agree with them ...the longer this will go on for ."

A small percentage of people are breaking the rules.

We have sent 100,000s of young people back to school and university.I think that may have played a part.

over a year ago

Lets make this simple . Youre on a plane the pilot is dead you have two choices to take his place before you crash . Do you apoint the off duty pilot going home on the plane or do you vote for the man who says hes got 200hrs pilot experiance on his x box gam .if you have any brains you giv power to the most qualified

over a year ago

We are the plain .covid is the crash coming so do you giv power to the pilot or the normal man

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"We are the plain .covid is the crash coming so do you giv power to the pilot or the normal man"

You keep things as they are and vote him out at the next election.

By *ebel Red HotWoman
over a year ago

York

The longer human beings break the rules ...refuse to socially distance...meeting up when they know they shouldn't... breaking rules just because dont agree with them ...the longer this will go on for .

We have sent 100,000s of young people back to school and university.I think that may have played a part."

Its not a small percentage though the estimation is 66-80% of people break one rule or other mainly with visiting family and friends at home or out eating drinking thats not a small percentage.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

We have sent 100,000s of young people back to school and university.I think that may have played a part.

Its not a small percentage though the estimation is 66-80% of people break one rule or other mainly with visiting family and friends at home or out eating drinking thats not a small percentage. "

Where does those stats come from?

over a year ago

Nope, don’t agree at all OP.

Quite frankly, the whole situation is lose/lose for whoever is running the show. I’m pretty sure in my mind that, if truth be told, the opposition parties are very pleased they lost the last GE.

I’ll stick with who we have.

over a year ago

To those who say carry on dont change i wish you all a happy xmass locked in youre home alone unable to see friends or family with hundreds dying each day thats whats comonig with unqualified clowns in charge

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"To those who say carry on dont change i wish you all a happy xmass locked in youre home alone unable to see friends or family with hundreds dying each day thats whats comonig with unqualified clowns in charge"

Covid is here

..its all around the world ffs.

Do you honestly believe that changing the government will make covid disappear...

over a year ago

No I disagree....Boris Johnson is our elected Prime Minister. The country voted him in to make decisions for us and that is what he is doing. He is acting on advice from people far more qualified than some bloke looking for a shag on a sex site who thinks he knows better.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"To those who say carry on dont change i wish you all a happy xmass locked in youre home alone unable to see friends or family with hundreds dying each day thats whats comonig with unqualified clowns in charge"

I have played by the rules since the beginning. I lost my job in march.I havent seen some members of my family for months. I leave my home once a week for food shopping.

I didnt eat out to help out .I havent been to the pub . My holiday's have been cancelled. But im alive and my family are safe and healthy. I'm grateful for what i have and if it means i have to continue this way for now i will.No government can stop the spread but , we can all do our bit .

By *ornyone30Man
over a year ago

ABERDEEN

"To those who say carry on dont change i wish you all a happy xmass locked in youre home alone unable to see friends or family with hundreds dying each day thats whats comonig with unqualified clowns in charge

Covid is here

Do you honestly believe that changing the government will make covid disappear..."

Exactly _incskitten.

Have the government made mistakes? Yes. Would another party in government make mistakes? Probably. By now we all know the most basic of rules and how the virus spreads. So clearly we are not following the basic rules. Between the non-believers, im fed up with restrictions and the it wont kill me brigade its always going to be a struggle.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"if you have any brains you giv power to the most qualified"

So who do you think that is in this instance ?

By *moothman2000Man
over a year ago

Leicestershire

A coalition government worked in WW2 but didn't seem to get much traction with the Clegg/Cameron setup.

As long as people treat covid as a political issue, we're going to be stuck with it.

over a year ago

One that makes education it’s top priority.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"A coalition government worked in WW2 but didn't seem to get much traction with the Clegg/Cameron setup.

As long as people treat covid as a political issue, we're going to be stuck with it."

You cant take politics out of is as things like funding for the NHS are all contributing factors.

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

I don't like coalition govs. Nothing can get done. Especially important stuff. It'd just be blocking on party political lines "

There's fuck all getting done anyway, jesus, what about the EU deal they couldn't deal a deck of cards ffs

By *upergirthukMan
over a year ago

Honolulu

Every government in every country that has the virus is struggling to cope,not just the virus but the economy as well."

I hate politics and politicians. They are predominantly liars looking for a power trip or to fill their pockets and worse the higher they are sadly. This moron has the deaths of tens of thousands people on his hands due to his actions. Strolling into covid like he thought if he ignorred it it would go away. The lateness of him placing the country in lockdown was criminal almost as, much as the way he has gone about leaving the lockdown. His primary concern has been his own political standing and how he's looking throughout which is bore out by the backing of Cummings obvious lies because he obviously has dirt on him.

I actually wouldn't let this scumbag mind my cat if I had one.

In something as bad as a pandemic yiu need some decisive with a backbone who is prepared to take the tough decision and not care how it makes them look politically. They need to make decisions that put the country's health first. I'm afraid the economy has to take very much a second place and the need to control the virus and provide healthcare is all.

This pandemic has been coming for a very long time and should have been prepared for much better which isn't hid fault but his handling of it and his continued failings will kill a lot more before covid is done.

By *upergirthukMan
over a year ago

Honolulu

"The government have been a disaster but they dont spread the virus. Its the population who can't socially distance, wear masks and wash hands/surfaces that are spreading the virus. Im no lover of the tories or bojo but at some point we all need to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions. "

If he had lockedown properly from the start, not after thinking about it for three weeks, with the military (if we still had a military) and police involved in keeping people off the streets then people may have got the idea how serious it was and is. Pussy footing around and the ridiculous reintroduction things that are bound to drive the numbers up and then to blame the public for using the things once he's opened it is his fault, not the public who to be fair are and where totally clueless as to what they could and couldn't do with mass confusion reigning throughout the leaving of lockdown. 2m or 1m. Indoors or outdoors. Standing up, sitting down. Drinking or eating. It's a nonsense and shambolic.

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

There's fuck all getting done anyway, jesus, what about the EU deal they couldn't deal a deck of cards ffs"

Fuck all getting done!

World class furlough scheme, nightingale hospitals, vaccine development, schemes to help business, extra money for NHS, develop and administer testing, etc etc. And I'd prefer a no-deal brexit.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

If he had lockedown properly from the start, not after thinking about it for three weeks, with the military (if we still had a military) and police involved in keeping people off the streets then people may have got the idea how serious it was and is. Pussy footing around and the ridiculous reintroduction things that are bound to drive the numbers up and then to blame the public for using the things once he's opened it is his fault, not the public who to be fair are and where totally clueless as to what they could and couldn't do with mass confusion reigning throughout the leaving of lockdown. 2m or 1m. Indoors or outdoors. Standing up, sitting down. Drinking or eating. It's a nonsense and shambolic. "

The public are not clueless....

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

If he had lockedown properly from the start, not after thinking about it for three weeks, with the military (if we still had a military) and police involved in keeping people off the streets then people may have got the idea how serious it was and is. Pussy footing around and the ridiculous reintroduction things that are bound to drive the numbers up and then to blame the public for using the things once he's opened it is his fault, not the public who to be fair are and where totally clueless as to what they could and couldn't do with mass confusion reigning throughout the leaving of lockdown. 2m or 1m. Indoors or outdoors. Standing up, sitting down. Drinking or eating. It's a nonsense and shambolic.

The public are not clueless...."

Yup. I understood and everyone I know understood every single rule change ever made - those who didn't chose not to simply because it suited them to.

By *lixerMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

One great thing will come from both Brexit and Covid. And of course from the worst PM in my adult life.

Westminster and the precious Union are both as good as dead.

I cannae wait for normality.

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"One great thing will come from both Brexit and Covid. And of course from the worst PM in my adult life.

I cannae wait for normality. "

I agree with scot independence. Scotland can go and join the EU, Eng can tax everything that comes to Scotland by road. Massive money earner. Meanwhile Scotland can pay to be at the beck and call of the much bigger euro economy.

By *ornyone30Man
over a year ago

ABERDEEN

"One great thing will come from both Brexit and Covid. And of course from the worst PM in my adult life.

I agree with scot independence. Scotland can go and join the EU, Eng can tax everything that comes to Scotland by road. Massive money earner. Meanwhile Scotland can pay to be at the beck and call of the much bigger euro economy. "

Omg what a hilarious comment. We have sea around us where products can be delivered direct to us so no taxing by road. Id rather be an equal part of the EU than an over ruled part of Westminster. Ive nothing against england or its people but the way we are governed from Westminster is ridiculous. The UK splitting into 4 equal states would probably benefit england too to be honest. Even wales are seeing the light now. The union is on its last legs. Hurrah

over a year ago

Just remember sage told the gov to go back in lockdown in september and boris told the experts to go get fucked .who the expert the scientist or the lying polatishion

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

I agree with scot independence. Scotland can go and join the EU, Eng can tax everything that comes to Scotland by road. Massive money earner. Meanwhile Scotland can pay to be at the beck and call of the much bigger euro economy.

Omg what a hilarious comment. We have sea around us where products can be delivered direct to us so no taxing by road. Id rather be an equal part of the EU than an over ruled part of Westminster. Ive nothing against england or its people but the way we are governed from Westminster is ridiculous. The UK splitting into 4 equal states would probably benefit england too to be honest. Even wales are seeing the light now. The union is on its last legs. Hurrah"

It wasn't a joke. Its far more expensive to ship by sea. Much slower too, hence price rises, and Scotland would have to borrow billions to make a decent size port. Even bigger taxes for you then. How many companies will leave Scotland, for better trading environments in England? With Scots shouting how they hate the English, Lots of us won't bother to visit Scotland either, more money lost. But hey, if you believe wee Jimmy krankie it'll be rosy for you

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

No, the majority of those who voted decided that "The Clown" was who they wanted to run the country. So his party should run the country until a point that the majority votes for a better option. I couldn't condone the bypass of the democratic process, we can't just change the rules when we don't like it.

Cal

over a year ago

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

Not being funny, but whoever was in charge of the tories would need shooting in the opinion of a liverpudlian, no matter how they dealt with this shit. Bet all you corbynites still wish him in, so he could bring anyone from a virus hotspot here as asylum seekers to escape the virus

over a year ago

"To those who say carry on dont change i wish you all a happy xmass locked in youre home alone unable to see friends or family with hundreds dying each day thats whats comonig with unqualified clowns in charge

Covid is here

Do you honestly believe that changing the government will make covid disappear..."

By *ornyone30Man
over a year ago

ABERDEEN

Omg what a hilarious comment. We have sea around us where products can be delivered direct to us so no taxing by road. Id rather be an equal part of the EU than an over ruled part of Westminster. Ive nothing against england or its people but the way we are governed from Westminster is ridiculous. The UK splitting into 4 equal states would probably benefit england too to be honest. Even wales are seeing the light now. The union is on its last legs. Hurrah

It wasn't a joke. Its far more expensive to ship by sea. Much slower too, hence price rises, and Scotland would have to borrow billions to make a decent size port. Even bigger taxes for you then. How many companies will leave Scotland, for better trading environments in England? With Scots shouting how they hate the English, Lots of us won't bother to visit Scotland either, more money lost. But hey, if you believe wee Jimmy krankie it'll be rosy for you "

The above is the comment of someone with little england mentality. Poor guy. Despite the large number of small countries around the world apparently scotland are the only one that cant survive on its own? Hmm why dont tou go for english independence?

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

It wasn't a joke. Its far more expensive to ship by sea. Much slower too, hence price rises, and Scotland would have to borrow billions to make a decent size port. Even bigger taxes for you then. How many companies will leave Scotland, for better trading environments in England? With Scots shouting how they hate the English, Lots of us won't bother to visit Scotland either, more money lost. But hey, if you believe wee Jimmy krankie it'll be rosy for you

The above is the comment of someone with little england mentality. Poor guy. Despite the large number of small countries around the world apparently scotland are the only one that cant survive on its own? Hmm why dont tou go for english independence? "

Wrong, I have many Scottish relatives, and spend a lot of time in Edinburgh. Ask your finance institutions, where there going to relocate to. Also, don't forget a hard border! Sorry, EU rules that. Oil money has gone now. So tourism will be your biggest industry.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Not being funny, but whoever was in charge of the tories would need shooting in the opinion of a liverpudlian, no matter how they dealt with this shit. Bet all you corbynites still wish him in, so he could bring anyone from a virus hotspot here as asylum seekers to escape the virus"

Can you provide a source for that?

Cheers.

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

Not being funny, but whoever was in charge of the tories would need shooting in the opinion of a liverpudlian, no matter how they dealt with this shit. Bet all you corbynites still wish him in, so he could bring anyone from a virus hotspot here as asylum seekers to escape the virus

Cheers."

The fact that he wanted to and willing to literally invite anyone from anywhere in the world over here is a pretty good source. But, anyway, this aint about that so i apologise to other forumites for changing direction of the thread

By *atelotmanMan
over a year ago

Chatham

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Cheers.

The fact that he wanted to and willing to literally invite anyone from anywhere in the world over here is a pretty good source. But, anyway, this aint about that so i apologise to other forumites for changing direction of the thread"

Its your opinion which has no basis in reality..so not a great source.

By *upergirthukMan
over a year ago

Honolulu

The public are not clueless....

Yup. I understood and everyone I know understood every single rule change ever made - those who didn't chose not to simply because it suited them to. "

That horseshit I'm afraid Cat. I live in a street with many older people who simply didn't know what they could and couldn't do. They were already fearing for their lives watching the shambles unfold anyway and in no way did they choose this.

Also the dope in No 10 and one of his Ops the other week didn't even know their own rules so I don't think he chose that too.

By *ookMan
over a year ago

london

New Zealand seem to have sorted it out . Are we ( as in the planet) sharing best practice I wonder...

By *upergirthukMan
over a year ago

Honolulu

Not being funny, but whoever was in charge of the tories would need shooting in the opinion of a liverpudlian, no matter how they dealt with this shit. Bet all you corbynites still wish him in, so he could bring anyone from a virus hotspot here as asylum seekers to escape the virus"

Wrong again.

I hate them all but the one politician that would have done a good job at this, and I hate her more than most, was Thatcher. She was ruthless and would have been exactly the right person to tackle this. She had bigger balls than anything since the witch died but that's what you need in this situation. Someone to take charge.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

It’s Clowns to the right of me, Jokers to the Left, here I am stuck in the middle of Covid Flu . No I wouldn’t agree, when you put a coalition together neither would they (agree). To be fair to Borris and chums, despite cock ups, as many people believe they are over reacting as not doing enough. There is no right way through this, just attempt to find the least bad way

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

Its reported he is resigning in spring.

He ignored covid warnings at COBR meetings by mot attending 5 of them.

The party do u turns but cannot go back in time.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

A cross party crisis management group for the virus would have been much better but Johnson and Cummings didn't want it.

I don't know how they'd be taken from power other than a vote of no confidence. I'm guessing Johnsons new lot won't be eager to give their power up.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"A cross party crisis management group for the virus would have been much better but Johnson and Cummings didn't want it.

I don't know how they'd be taken from power other than a vote of no confidence. I'm guessing Johnsons new lot won't be eager to give their power up. "

I can’t imagine there is anyone in that house, in either party, that want that job right now

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

The trouble I have with Boris getting out early is he gets to slide away like a little turd, find a (probably better paid) job and let someone else face take the can when everything comes home to roost. Part of me wishes he could be forced to stay till the next election and be made to face up to the mess his administration has made of Brexit and Covid. So he is still the one in charge when it all comes to a head and people are calling for blood. I dont want him to be able to just slide away and leave his mess.

However wishing that is a little bit cutting your nose off to spite your face.

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

"Make thing simple to understan in an emergensy do you giv power to the most qualified or a bunch of clowns who know nothing.remember sage told boris to lockdown in sept and the unqalified clown said no"

Did you read what sage said, did you notice the qualifications they added to the advice?

They were making suggestions based on how to slow down covid but understood there were other considerations to take into account.

Post new Message to Thread