"Good luck guys

d

Good for them /Protecting their own "

Yes, take care all x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Diolch

Disappointed that they are shutting gyms but I actually think this fixed term idea is correct.

17 days is doable and does not give them the option to keep dragging shit out indefinitely with no benefit for months on end

By *fweonlymeettwiceMan
over a year ago

Madrid

6pm Friday Wales lockdown, why not now I just don't get it, why the delay its a joke

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"Diolch

Disappointed that they are shutting gyms but I actually think this fixed term idea is correct.

17 days is doable and does not give them the option to keep dragging shit out indefinitely with no benefit for months on end "

Much easier to police, too. X

over a year ago

"6pm Friday Wales lockdown, why not now I just don't get it, why the delay its a joke "

To coincide with half term

And give businesses etc a few days notice

over a year ago

"Diolch

17 days is doable and does not give them the option to keep dragging shit out indefinitely with no benefit for months on end

Much easier to police, too. X"

Yes

And people are far more likely to comply with short term, strict rules with a promised end date, than months of grasping at various straws like we have been until now

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

What a joke.

This won’t make any difference. Look at Leicester for example.

They went into lockdown with 135 cases per 100,000.

100 days of lockdown later it’s 120 cases per 100,000.

Insanity.

Lol

By *tra.MarksMan
over a year ago

Prestwich

It's been a sad year but we need to get over this virus somehow. I think Wales have done a great job of protecting its people and I hope this slows or stops the spread and helps us return to normal.

over a year ago

First I've heard of this. Going to be even more financially fucked again.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"First I've heard of this. Going to be even more financially fucked again. "

Where have you been ? It's been on the cards for a while !

over a year ago

"First I've heard of this. Going to be even more financially fucked again.

Where have you been ? It's been on the cards for a while !"

I'm in England now and I stopped watching the news awhile ago because of all the scaremongering.

over a year ago

Re-watch Drakefords press briefing. He does talk about the financial help which is available. I am a critical worker so am fortunate I don't have to worry about loss of income. I have every sympathy for those who do xx

By *esires of HertsCouple
over a year ago

Herts and London Borders

"What a joke.

Insanity.

Lol"

lol?....whats funny about death?

over a year ago

Re-watch Drakefords press briefing. He does talk about the financial help which is available. I am a critical worker so am fortunate I don't have to worry about loss of income. I have every sympathy for those who do xx"

Ignore, I just saw you no longer live in Wales

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm in England now and I stopped watching the news awhile ago because of all the scaremongering.

"

This doesnt affect you financially then ?

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"6pm Friday Wales lockdown, why not now I just don't get it, why the delay its a joke "

Says the man from Manchester!

By *ak777Man
over a year ago

shaw

"6pm Friday Wales lockdown, why not now I just don't get it, why the delay its a joke

Says the man from Manchester! "

it so they can things shopping

over a year ago

Thank god they're still allowing single person households to bubble. I'd go mental if I couldn't see my gf, it was hard enough first time round.

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"What a joke.

Insanity.

Lol"

Just goes to prove that lockdown only works if obeyed doesn't it ?

over a year ago

Re-watch Drakefords press briefing. He does talk about the financial help which is available. I am a critical worker so am fortunate I don't have to worry about loss of income. I have every sympathy for those who do xx"

I couldn't get it last time and I'm sure I won't get it this time either.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/10/20 13:02:09]

over a year ago

Re-watch Drakefords press briefing. He does talk about the financial help which is available. I am a critical worker so am fortunate I don't have to worry about loss of income. I have every sympathy for those who do xx

"

Well obviously not if you live in England

Sorry I assumed you lived in Wales

over a year ago

This doesnt affect you financially then ?"

Yes it does

over a year ago

Well obviously not if you live in England

Sorry I assumed you lived in Wales "

I do live in Wales

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

My sympathies to those with financial worries, my congratulations to those celebrating a longer school break.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"What a joke.

Insanity.

Lol

Just goes to prove that lockdown only works if obeyed doesn't it ?"

Lol. That one again.

It proves they don’t work.

Accept it.

over a year ago

"My sympathies to those with financial worries, my congratulations to those celebrating a longer school break. "

It's going to cause conflict in our house

1 stubborn as a mule 9 year old only getting a week off when her 2 brothers will now get a fortnight

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

A number of things. Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, can afford to have these lockdowns as they can come cap in hand and expect more money to recover their economy from big daddy England. I'm not saying they are right or wrong it's the way the UK works.

I'm not a fan of lockdown but I applaud Wales for trying to tackle it and their solidarity, at least in being desisive. England can't even get Manchester into another tier for Christ's sake.

It remains to be seen if it all works or not, the virus will continue to spread after the lockdown ends. We had three months of it and were here now so, Im yet to be convinced by the tactic.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 19/10/20 14:40:03]

over a year ago

wont anyone think of the sheep!

over a year ago

"wont anyone think of the sheep!"

They are very, VERY, relieved.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"What a joke.

Insanity.

Lol"

I'm guessing it's to done to keeping a lid on it so the hospitals are not overrun?

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple
over a year ago

nr chester

"My sympathies to those with financial worries, my congratulations to those celebrating a longer school break. "
. Why congratulations, some of us have children suffering with severe anxiety about the amount of school time lost, exams are looming and all they want to do is learn, I find you’re comment insensitive and not thought through!!!

Mrs blue eyes

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"A number of things. Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, can afford to have these lockdowns as they can come cap in hand and expect more money to recover their economy from big daddy England. I'm not saying they are right or wrong it's the way the UK works.

I'm not a fan of lockdown but I applaud Wales for trying to tackle it and their solidarity, at least in being desisive. England can't even get Manchester into another tier for Christ's sake.

It remains to be seen if it all works or not, the virus will continue to spread after the lockdown ends. We had three months of it and were here now so, Im yet to be convinced by the tactic. "

Presumably you are aware of our colonial history in Ireland?

And you are incorrect about Scotland.

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple
over a year ago

nr chester

"My sympathies to those with financial worries, my congratulations to those celebrating a longer school break. . Why congratulations, some of us have children suffering with severe anxiety about the amount of school time lost, exams are looming and all they want to do is learn, I find you’re comment insensitive and not thought through!!!

Mrs blue eyes "

. Your not you’re !! Autocorrect!

over a year ago

"A number of things. Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, can afford to have these lockdowns as they can come cap in hand and expect more money to recover their economy from big daddy England. I'm not saying they are right or wrong it's the way the UK works.

It remains to be seen if it all works or not, the virus will continue to spread after the lockdown ends. We had three months of it and were here now so, Im yet to be convinced by the tactic.

Presumably you are aware of our colonial history in Ireland?

And you are incorrect about Scotland. "

OUR colonial history in Ireland, blimey didn't realise you were that old.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"My sympathies to those with financial worries, my congratulations to those celebrating a longer school break. . Why congratulations, some of us have children suffering with severe anxiety about the amount of school time lost, exams are looming and all they want to do is learn, I find you’re comment insensitive and not thought through!!!

Mrs blue eyes "

This applies to Wales ...and is for 17 days ..not forever .

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

If 3 week lockdown buys 28 days wales will be back to today’s position 6 weeks before Christmas.. I can see the need to lockdown again either at or shortly ahead of Christmas...

over a year ago

I genuinely hope it works but I doubt it will work much and any short term gain will be quickly lost within a few weeks of it ending unless they seal off the border and shut all ports and airports.

How long I give them before they starve to death though is a different matter.

over a year ago

Mrs blue eyes

This applies to Wales ...and is for 17 days ..not forever ."

Just a little off-topic ..but that is a wonderful bum in your profile.

Just saying...

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Lets se what happens in four weeks we will know if it works or not.

If it does it will follow here but people will still complain

over a year ago

It remains to be seen if it all works or not, the virus will continue to spread after the lockdown ends. We had three months of it and were here now so, Im yet to be convinced by the tactic. "

And whose fault is it that dig daddy england has to give Wales money as it certainly is ours

over a year ago

"wont anyone think of the sheep!"

No need to worry yourself as there are 3 sheep to every person here in Wales and they are all tickety-boo

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

And whose fault is it that dig daddy england has to give Wales money as it certainly is ours "

You have to understand that some English people still think the world revolves around us,I'm afraid.

over a year ago

And whose fault is it that dig daddy england has to give Wales money as it certainly is ours

You have to understand that some English people still think the world revolves around us,I'm afraid."

I know but some of the english are really nice

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

You have to understand that some English people still think the world revolves around us,I'm afraid."

This

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"If 3 week lockdown buys 28 days wales will be back to today’s position 6 weeks before Christmas.. I can see the need to lockdown again either at or shortly ahead of Christmas... "

That ties in with the two week Xmas hols if they do another two weeks in feb thats 3 circuit breakers over the flu season

over a year ago

Its been all over the news, social media and the forums for days that this probably going to happen.

By *mooth Operator 07Man
over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

The Welsh Assembly Government has taken the right approach to reduce the virus, i know the lockdown will not cure the virus. However, this lockdown will support the Welsh NHS to ensure they can continue to care for people for non-covid issues.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"The Welsh Assembly Government has taken the right approach to reduce the virus, i know the lockdown will not cure the virus. However, this lockdown will support the Welsh NHS to ensure they can continue to care for people for non-covid issues.

"

By *mooth Operator 07Man
over a year ago

Cymru am byth

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"What a joke.

Insanity.

Lol lol?....whats funny about death?"

Nothing. But look at the survival rates to get the full picture and put things in perspective properly.

over a year ago

17 Days won’t make a real difference. As soon as it’s all over the Rat Lickers will be back to their old ways; that’s if they actually stop meeting in houses and start wearing masks

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Let’s hope it does what it was set up to do.

By *lixerMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Good luck to wee Wales. Particularly with your ground breaking closed internal borders. Another nail in the UK shaped coffin.

over a year ago

"Diolch

17 days is doable and does not give them the option to keep dragging shit out indefinitely with no benefit for months on end "

Not too long, just hope it doesn't end up like march where we will get told in two weeks that they are going to extend it and the. Keep doing it

over a year ago

"Good luck to wee Wales. Particularly with your ground breaking closed internal borders. Another nail in the UK shaped coffin. "

Coffins well shut now isnt it

over a year ago

"Good luck to wee Wales. Particularly with your ground breaking closed internal borders. Another nail in the UK shaped coffin. "

Well prehaps if Boris and his cronies had listened when Wales asked them to do something about people travelling from high infection areas to Wales it wouldnt of happened .

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

"Good luck to wee Wales. Particularly with your ground breaking closed internal borders. Another nail in the UK shaped coffin.

Well prehaps if Boris and his cronies had listened when Wales asked them to do something about people travelling from high infection areas to Wales it wouldnt of happened ."

Or perhaps if the people who carry the virus stopped pretending that it's nothing to do with them and stopped traveling into Wales - or perhaps it's simply the people in Wales already spreading the virus . . .!!!

over a year ago

"Good luck to wee Wales. Particularly with your ground breaking closed internal borders. Another nail in the UK shaped coffin.

Well prehaps if Boris and his cronies had listened when Wales asked them to do something about people travelling from high infection areas to Wales it wouldnt of happened .

Or perhaps if the people who carry the virus stopped pretending that it's nothing to do with them and stopped traveling into Wales - or perhaps it's simply the people in Wales already spreading the virus . . .!!!"

Yeah you could be right on both counts but I still cant see why Boris couldnt make travelling to Wales from high risk areas illegal.

I for one am pretty happy with the way things have been done in Wales so when Boris wouldnt do anything our goverment did what they thought was best for the people in Wales . Well done to them I say .

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"My sympathies to those with financial worries, my congratulations to those celebrating a longer school break.

It's going to cause conflict in our house

1 stubborn as a mule 9 year old only getting a week off when her 2 brothers will now get a fortnight "

Same, even worse as it’s the same school. Mind you due to colds/coughs & a strict head they’ve spent more time off school than in it since they went back.

They’ve been home now since last Tuesday, still waiting for result from last Thursdays test. The first time it took over a week just to get the appointment!

All a bit mad as we’ve spent today playing football & riding bikes outside.

Not exactly signs of illness but there you go rules are rules..

S

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

Or perhaps if the people who carry the virus stopped pretending that it's nothing to do with them and stopped traveling into Wales - or perhaps it's simply the people in Wales already spreading the virus . . .!!!

Yeah you could be right on both counts but I still cant see why Boris couldnt make travelling to Wales from high risk areas illegal.

I for one am pretty happy with the way things have been done in Wales so when Boris wouldnt do anything our goverment did what they thought was best for the people in Wales . Well done to them I say .

"

Not sure any government could get that through.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

I hope Wales gets through this and comes out the other end lockdown with a lower infection rate. I love that country, especially the North.

Pob Lwc!

over a year ago

Not sure any government could get that through."

Should of used the word banned not illegal. My mistake .

over a year ago

Well prehaps if Boris and his cronies had listened when Wales asked them to do something about people travelling from high infection areas to Wales it wouldnt of happened ."

That would have involved some basic common sense on behalf of BoJo and co Bubbs.... Need I say more

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

That would have involved some basic common sense on behalf of BoJo and co Bubbs.... Need I say more "

Current estimates give an average incubation period of 5 days (range 1–11 days). The maximum incubation period is used to define the period required for isolation, currently believed to be 14 days.

During this period, also known as the “pre- symptomatic” period, some infected persons can be contagious.

So how is a 17 day lockdown going to help, realistically lockdown would have to be at least 28 days to be effective

By *mooth Operator 07Man
over a year ago

I have a feeling Wales will extend the lockdown, possibly for 28 days.

over a year ago

That would have involved some basic common sense on behalf of BoJo and co Bubbs.... Need I say more

Current estimates give an average incubation period of 5 days (range 1–11 days). The maximum incubation period is used to define the period required for isolation, currently believed to be 14 days.

During this period, also known as the “pre- symptomatic” period, some infected persons can be contagious.

So how is a 17 day lockdown going to help, realistically lockdown would have to be at least 28 days to be effective"

I am the first to admit that I dont understand all statistics and data for the virus but Ill take my chances on following the guidance given by my goverment and their advisors.

After reading some of the conspiracy theories on the forums about the virus my mind boggles.Everyone has different views and opinions on what is right and wrong and how we should be dealing with it. Who is right ? Who is wrong ?

Nobody knows and nobody has all the answers.I can only do what I think is best.

over a year ago

"I have a feeling Wales will extend the lockdown, possibly for 28 days."

Mark Drakeford has said again this morning that it wont be extended but I guess only time will tell

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It gives people some time to plan for and manage the changes, such as business owners, staff and their associated ones too, such as childcare.

A few days is reasonable, whilst people are now informed of the issue and can alter how they are behaving today too

By *layfull pairingCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

What happens if after the lockdown the case numbers haven’t dropped significantly ? Another two weeks ? And then ?

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"What happens if after the lockdown the case numbers haven’t dropped significantly ? Another two weeks ? And then ? "

Thing is they will drop, Drakeford has pretty much guarantee’d this by doing it during half term & then only partly reopening the schools.

The real question you won’t be able to answer is how much will be due to the lockdown & how much is due to the school closure.

Pretty good scam really, take the credit for any reduction without having to take any of the risk if there isn’t.

S

over a year ago

Do this mean that we can still travel for work in Wales and out of the country?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"Do this mean that we can still travel for work in Wales and out of the country? "

Here go from here and you can find all the rules and your questions answered

https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebreak-frequently-asked-questions

But your specific point:-

I live in England but work in Wales, can I still travel?

Anyone who is in Wales, whether resident or travelling here, is bound by these rules. However, travelling to a workplace in Wales is a reasonable excuse to leave home. Similarly, people living in Wales can travel to England for work purposes where this is necessary and they cannot work from home.

over a year ago

"Do this mean that we can still travel for work in Wales and out of the country? "

If you cannot work from home, yes

over a year ago

"What happens if after the lockdown the case numbers haven’t dropped significantly ? Another two weeks ? And then ? "

No, he cannot extend it passed 9th November

They do not expect to see a reduction in figures until the weeks following

over a year ago

"Do this mean that we can still travel for work in Wales and out of the country?

Here go from here and you can find all the rules and your questions answered

https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebreak-frequently-asked-questions

But your specific point:-

I live in England but work in Wales, can I still travel?

Anyone who is in Wales, whether resident or travelling here, is bound by these rules. However, travelling to a workplace in Wales is a reasonable excuse to leave home. Similarly, people living in Wales can travel to England for work purposes where this is necessary and they cannot work from home."

over a year ago

"Do this mean that we can still travel for work in Wales and out of the country?

If you cannot work from home, yes"

Post new Message to Thread