Leeds

"I think this should be in the virus forum "

this

Albeit I won’t complain as I’d not have seen this gallery without this post

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Take a vaccine that’s not been tested over a good period of time? No thanks.

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I would say false, cos it takes 5 to 10 years to develop a vaccine and that is if there isnt any hiccups along the way, there isnt enough testing for the side effects in this "rush" vaccine that they have done here.

By *ove2lickJemWoman
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Take a vaccine that’s not been tested over a good period of time? No thanks."

My thoughts exactly. No tinfoil hat microchip idiocy, just the simple fact that it can't have been tested sufficiently in this time.

And it is likely true, unless something has changed I knew two weeks ago the 2nd December was the vaccine sign off date for AstraZeneca...

Anyone in or working in a care home is first in the list, maybe another way to empty them out if it's faulty or doesn't work? Cynical, me?

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

No thanks stuff it ..

By *rufinWoman
over a year ago

notts

My bet is blatant lie

They know people are getting restless. It's another calming mechanism. People seem to like being treated like three year olds. Here's the next bedtime story.

I do think there might be a halfarsed vaccine in a year or so. Probably as effective as the flu jab - so about 30% effective - and we're still looking at a lot of deaths of the very elderly who would have otherwise died of something else in the next year. Hopefully an eventual vaccine will help protect medics/frontline staff as a best case outcome, but they probably already have immunity via previous infection of course.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I would say false, cos it takes 5 to 10 years to develop a vaccine and that is if there isnt any hiccups along the way, there isnt enough testing for the side effects in this "rush" vaccine that they have done here."

Yes however there is no way they are going to roll out a vaccine that hasn't had sufficient testing. The reason it normally takes that long is because you Don't normally have so many people working on the same vaccine. It is very possible to get a vaccine that is safe in a much shorter time frame.

over a year ago

"

Covid 19

Vaccine available

December

Its been reported in the new today

What do you think

True or false

"

What's the link?

I read two days ago that there's a vaccine that "might" be ready early next year but "wouldn't be available at the earliest third quarter of 2021".

What's your source?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I've not seen it in the news and would look at the research evidence before deciding. Vulnerable people first.

They're trialled on many tens of thousands of people and follow standard protocols. No need for silly rejection out of hand without knowing the evidence.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

The sky is a funny colour in some people's worlds. I'm beginning to think that we are outnumbered by the chuckle-heads.

If someone says: 'Good morning' here. It's immediately followed by conspiracy theorists telling us that Bill Gates took that years ago and we all live underground with very cleverly painted walls sponsored by David Ike.

A vaccine will come next year - properly tested.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-more-than-one-vaccine-will-be-available-early-in-2021-sage-scientist-says-12107285

I can't post the Industry News links but it's easy to find.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Currently there are 192 (-1 if you want to ignore the Russian one) in development.

With a total of 172 countries actively developing.

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

1 million people have died from covid world wide ,75mill have recovered so were did uk dig up there figures from ...

over a year ago

However yes I would have it. I volunteered for the non paid vaccine trial but couldn’t due to a medical issue. I would take the vaccine risk over the covid risk

over a year ago

"However yes I would have it. I volunteered for the non paid vaccine trial but couldn’t due to a medical issue. I would take the vaccine risk over the covid risk "

Me too.

Post new Message to Thread