Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Marshalls

Jump to newest

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Story in the paper today about They going round the city last night inspecting premises and peering through letter boxes.

Shame someone didnt spray them in the eye.

I'm tin foil hat wearer but really?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Story in the paper today about They going round the city last night inspecting premises and peering through letter boxes.

I'm tin foil hat wearer but really?"

Cool story...

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"Story in the paper today about They going round the city last night inspecting premises and peering through letter boxes.

Are you completely stupid ?

It's Santa's elves getting the naughty and nice list ready ffs

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Cool story..."

Cheers.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Are you completely stupid ?

It's Santa's elves getting the naughty and nice list ready ffs "

By *pmsldCouple
over a year ago

kettering

The journalists must be desperate for news to print, unfortunatly the truth doesnt sell papers, it's amazing how much bullshit they get away with selling.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

The journalists must be desperate for news to print, unfortunatly the truth doesnt sell papers, it's amazing how much bullshit they get away with selling. "

There are pictures of them doing it.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Should they not be making sure premises comply to in order to stop the pandemic?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Voyeurs dream job

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman
over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

The journalists must be desperate for news to print, unfortunatly the truth doesnt sell papers, it's amazing how much bullshit they get away with selling.

There are pictures of them doing it."

Where is this?

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

What were they looking for through the letterbox ? An orgy on the stairs ?

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"Should they not be making sure premises comply to in order to stop the pandemic? "

Personally I'd say looking through letter boxes was a bit extreme but whatevs

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

Happened in London a few weeks ago to enforce whatever the rules were at the time - marshals looking through the letterboxes of clubs like Ronnie Scott’s.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Where is this? "

The metro

I'm not posting a link but the pics are omline.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Ha ha apologies the pics are from London

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

hahahaha I find this hysterical.

In SOHO too. Peep show. Nothing to do with covid - all to do with getting freebies.

lmfao

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

It's an old story..dunno why I was just sent it.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

If a premises has a lock in I’m not so sure they will be socially distancing before taking it back to their families.

I wondered why my local has taped the letterbox up.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

just search . . .

enforcement officers peer through letterboxes

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"hahahaha I find this hysterical.

In SOHO too. Peep show. Nothing to do with covid - all to do with getting freebies.

lmfao "

How can you get freebies if the place is shut?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

lmfao

How can you get freebies if the place is shut?"

Co's nobody told the Three Stooges doing it?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"If a premises has a lock in I’m not so sure they will be socially distancing before taking it back to their families.

I wondered why my local has taped the letterbox up. "

lol.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman
over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

lmfao

How can you get freebies if the place is shut?"

Maybe thought the letter box was a temporary glory hole?

over a year ago

Marshall’s are t they just people without power wishing they were infact people with power .......if only they had a life

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Should they not be making sure premises comply to in order to stop the pandemic?

Personally I'd say looking through letter boxes was a bit extreme but whatevs"

Why? do you think people who are breaking the Covid rules would put a sign up saying "there are 32 people in the back of this place "? They will hide that they are in there, so looking through a window/ letterbox/ listening for noise would surely be checking to make sure

By *ete1260Man
over a year ago

Evesham

My dog would make this very, very risky - he is not allowed near my letterbox until Mr Postie has delivered my mail !!

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

In Australia, they had Covid Cops!

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"Should they not be making sure premises comply to in order to stop the pandemic?

Why? do you think people who are breaking the Covid rules would put a sign up saying "there are 32 people in the back of this place "? They will hide that they are in there, so looking through a window/ letterbox/ listening for noise would surely be checking to make sure"

I just think looking through peoples letter boxes is a bit extreme.

You can always tell if a boozer is having a stay behind as the lights are generally on

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"If a premises has a lock in I’m not so sure they will be socially distancing before taking it back to their families.

I wondered why my local has taped the letterbox up. "

Exactly this. I KNOW for a fact , not reported by others or in papers that people don't like that a darts team from a pub had been meeting in the pub the whole way through the last lockdown.

I am not sure what people want to happen to others who are putting other people at risk

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

I'm tin foil hat wearer but really?My dog would make this very, very risky - he is not allowed near my letterbox until Mr Postie has delivered my mail !!"

Maybe you should let him

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Why? do you think people who are breaking the Covid rules would put a sign up saying "there are 32 people in the back of this place "? They will hide that they are in there, so looking through a window/ letterbox/ listening for noise would surely be checking to make sure

You can always tell if a boozer is having a stay behind as the lights are generally on

"

Yeah they don't normally have lights blazing to let people know they are in there

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

"

May as well leave the front door open then.

Most Pubs have more than one room, including those to the rear (but I think any pub doing a lock-in would be wise to the power of tungsten light to draw in an inspector or a moth or two).

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Yeah they don't normally have lights blazing to let people know they are in there"

Surely the darts team cant practice in the dark?

It just seems extremely snoopy.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Should be troops not marshals

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Most Pubs have more than one room, including those to the rear (but I think any pub doing a lock-in would be wise to the power of tungsten light to draw in an inspector or a moth or two).

"

Am I the only person who has been to a stay behind where it hasn't been lit by a candle?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Yeah they don't normally have lights blazing to let people know they are in there

It just seems extremely snoopy."

Last time I saw a dartboard it had one tiny light - mind you that was a long time ago - maybe they are floodlit now !?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

Am I the only person who has been to a stay behind where it hasn't been lit by a candle?

"

Then you know a very stupid Landlord.

over a year ago

I'm tin foil hat wearer but really?Should be troops not marshals"

Only if they can disconnect your internet.

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

Why don't they get traffic wardens to double up and do the job. The majority of them are officious twxxs

over a year ago

Why don't they get traffic wardens to double up and do the job. The majority of them are officious twxxs"

Because most of them couldn’t bend that low.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It just seems extremely snoopy."

My post didn't say anyone was playing darts.

Now you are being silly. Do you really think that they leave doors open and lights on to advertise to the police they are having a lock in, even before Covid?

They get round it, otherwise there would never have been lock ins going on for years but I am guessing you are not stupid and know this but just don't want to acknowledge it for whatever reason

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Now you are being silly. Do you really think that they leave doors open and lights on to advertise to the police they are having a lock in, even before Covid?

They get round it, otherwise there would never have been lock ins going on for years but I am guessing you are not stupid and know this but just don't want to acknowledge it for whatever reason

"

It was meant to be lighthearted.

Like I said I just think having Marshall's looking through peoples letterboxes is a bit intrusive.

There was a case locally where someone said a gym had been open.Armed police turned up once to find it closed and then a 2nd time.

Strange times.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Like I said I just think having Marshall's looking through peoples letterboxes is a bit intrusive.

There was a case locally where someone said a gym had been open.Armed police turned up once to find it closed and then a 2nd time.

Strange times."

When you say 'Armed Police' do you mean they arrived like SWAT. Guns drawn, bulletproof shields, ALEnforcement Vehicle. Helicopter overhead?

Or did the Police 'just turn up'' to take a look? Without the emotive add-in?

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Strange times.

When you say 'Armed Police' do you mean they arrived like SWAT. Guns drawn, bulletproof shields, ALEnforcement Vehicle. Helicopter overhead?

Or did the Police 'just turn up'' to take a look? Without the emotive add-in?"

Wanna point out the bit where I mentioned helicopters etc?

Cheers.

By *hybloke67Man
over a year ago

ROMFORD

Strange times.

Or did the Police 'just turn up'' to take a look? Without the emotive add-in?"

Or was it just the closet police unit at the time?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/10/20 13:25:57]

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Strange times.

Or was it just the closet police unit at the time?"

Yeah 7 of them sitting around with guns with nothing else to do.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Strange times.

Cheers."

Armed Police can can on all those and more? You said Armed Police so I asked at what level. Or was it really just the Police turning up to take a look. You also didn't mention what make of vehicle they were in? Ford. Renault?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Strange times.

Or was it just the closet police unit at the time?

Yeah 7 of them sitting around with guns with nothing else to do."

BTW ALL police are armed.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Strange times.

Cheers.

Armed Police can can on all those and more? You said Armed Police so I asked at what level. Or was it really just the Police turning up to take a look. You also didn't mention what make of vehicle they were in? Ford. Renault? "

They had guns.

They were armed.

It's that simple.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Strange times.

Cheers.

Armed Police can can on all those and more? You said Armed Police so I asked at what level. Or was it really just the Police turning up to take a look. You also didn't mention what make of vehicle they were in? Ford. Renault?

They had guns.

They were armed.

It's that simple."

hahaha.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

An armed unit on their downtime checking possible Covid infractions. Shut the front door hold the front page!

By *hybloke67Man
over a year ago

ROMFORD

Strange times.

Cheers.

They had guns.

They were armed.

It's that simple."

Using your logic, the next time I see an armed police officer in the cafe or supermarket I will expect a serious incident to happen.!

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Strange times.

Cheers.

They had guns.

They were armed.

It's that simple.

Using your logic, the next time I see an armed police officer in the cafe or supermarket I will expect a serious incident to happen.! "

Well no as you have just made that up.

I said armed police turned up at a gym.

Armed police did turn up the gym

I fail to see why people are struggling with this concept.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

I fail to see why people are struggling with this concept. "

And that precisely is the problem Lionel. Drop and penny will come eventually.

By *00STERMan
over a year ago

nearby

Sounds like the whole armed police part of the story came via a farm too

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

Thread seems to have been derailed slightly

Can’t remember what the original subject was

over a year ago

Should be troops not marshals"

With big fucking guns

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"Thread seems to have been derailed slightly

Can’t remember what the original subject was "

Curly. Larry and M.o Looking through letterboxes followed by the Police arriving with guns

over a year ago

"Thread seems to have been derailed slightly

Can’t remember what the original subject was "

Marshmallows

By *hybloke67Man
over a year ago

ROMFORD

Strange times.

Cheers.

They had guns.

They were armed.

It's that simple.

Using your logic, the next time I see an armed police officer in the cafe or supermarket I will expect a serious incident to happen.!

Well no as you have just made that up.

I fail to see why people are struggling with this concept. "

Do you understand that armed police are actually police officers as well?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Strange times."

Oh, sometimes you can't tell in this section whether it is sarcasm or a tease. To the light hearted comment, of course they can practise in the dark, just verrrry carefully

I was more saying it was silly to think lock ins in a pub would be advertised

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"An armed unit on their downtime checking possible Covid infractions. Shut the front door hold the front page! "

To be fair it did look over the top for a check on a Gym.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

But they would not have gone specifically with guns to do so.

Just the unit available at the time.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"Sounds like the whole armed police part of the story came via a farm too "

Getting into bizarre territory now

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"But they would not have gone specifically with guns to do so.

Just the unit available at the time."

Well actually no.

Having just read about it, two policemen were there first and asked the Gym to shut, they refused so they called in the big guns

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Well actually no.

Having just read about it, two policemen were there first and asked the Gym to shut, they refused so they called in the big guns"

So you believe that they brought Police specifically with guns, because they refused to shut? Or maybe they just brought more police.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Well actually no.

Having just read about it, two policemen were there first and asked the Gym to shut, they refused so they called in the big guns

So you believe that they brought Police specifically with guns, because they refused to shut? Or maybe they just brought more police."

Are raids not planned in advance?

If they raid a drug dealers house do they just go and see who is sitting in the canteen and get them to do it?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Or maybe put it another way - The 2 Police officers call for support and the unit available at the time is an armed unit.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Well actually no.

So you believe that they brought Police specifically with guns, because they refused to shut? Or maybe they just brought more police.

If they raid a drug dealers house do they just go and see who is sitting in the canteen and get them to do it?"

Very often not. Someone may have reported them moments before. The Police may already have been doing a round-robin check of gyms etc etc.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"Or maybe put it another way - The 2 Police officers call for support and the unit available at the time is an armed unit."

I'm genuinely baffled about why you are arguing the point so much

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Well actually no.

If they raid a drug dealers house do they just go and see who is sitting in the canteen and get them to do it?

Very often not. Someone may have reported them moments before. The Police may already have been doing a round-robin check of gyms etc etc."

He was on social media saying he was staying open.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Well let's put it this way . . . about a year or so ago I had cause to stop a Policeman (there were two) and tell them that two streets away there were two men really fighting with each other, and it looked like it was going to turn nasty. When I told friends I didn't say Armed Police this and Armed Police that (they were armed). There was no need to add the extra layer of emotive language like in the story -

'Armed Police Descend on Gym' Sounds like the start of a good American Movie doesn't it? Also the word 'Descend' You can only descend from a higher place (you know like rappelling from a Helicopter SWAT Style) but they didn't did they? They just actually ARRIVED. It's all EMOTIVE language designed to grab the reader and make it sound a lot bigger than actually it is. And as readers we fall for it and then begin using the same EMOTIVE language when we want to make it sound BIGGER than it really is. When in actual fact the gym owner shouldn't have been open. Just that and no more.

Now. I really can't be clearer than that.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Well actually no.

So you believe that they brought Police specifically with guns, because they refused to shut? Or maybe they just brought more police."

It isn't about what I believe, it is about what happened.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

[Removed by poster at 18/10/20 17:22:07]

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

PS I think you might be kidding yourself if you thought armed police are roaming the streets, normally they are called upon or have a raid to go to.

I would imagine if they were the closest police for back up for another officer their guns would stay in the car unless it was an armed robbery or something

over a year ago

I think whats the issue.

If a business has nothing to hide and are complying what does it matter that someone looked through the letter box. And if they are not complying then they deserve to be caught.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"PS I think you might be kidding yourself if you thought armed police are roaming the streets, normally they are called upon or have a raid to go to.

I would imagine if they were the closest police for back up for another officer their guns would stay in the car unless it was an armed robbery or something"

They are normally called for back up arent they if they think things will escalate?

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

If a business has nothing to hide and are complying what does it matter that someone looked through the letter box. "

If lots of people one after the other not wearing gloves opened a letter box and looked through surely you could catch Covid.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"PS I think you might be kidding yourself if you thought armed police are roaming the streets, normally they are called upon or have a raid to go to.

I would imagine if they were the closest police for back up for another officer their guns would stay in the car unless it was an armed robbery or something"

Actually armed police units roam our streets 24 hours a day of every day of the year.

over a year ago

Actually I used to think that But its not uncommon to see armed police in London. Also A couple of years ago armed police routinely did rounds of the local shopping centre and transport hubs in Southampton.

That wasn't long after all the terror attacks in 2017 though so I don't know if that was something to do with it.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I would imagine if they were the closest police for back up for another officer their guns would stay in the car unless it was an armed robbery or something

They are normally called for back up arent they if they think things will escalate?"

Yes, by the sounds of this case, it is what happened. They don't just roam the street hoping to find someone to scare with their big guns

over a year ago

"

If a business has nothing to hide and are complying what does it matter that someone looked through the letter box.

If lots of people one after the other not wearing gloves opened a letter box and looked through surely you could catch Covid. "

Well but that isn't routinely happening though is it.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Actually I used to think that But its not uncommon to see armed police in London. Also A couple of years ago armed police routinely did rounds of the local shopping centre and transport hubs in Southampton.

That wasn't long after all the terror attacks in 2017 though so I don't know if that was something to do with it."

Yes and train stations...not normally Gyms

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

I think they have levels so if there is a shooting or terrorist attack,they will have armed police nearby.

over a year ago

That wasn't long after all the terror attacks in 2017 though so I don't know if that was something to do with it.

Yes and train stations...not normally Gyms"

Thats true. Its almost certain that they either had intelligence that there were weapons on the premises or a threat against the police had been made.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Seen many armed units in Liverpool and Manchester and Cambridge at all times of the day and night.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Thats true. Its almost certain that they either had intelligence that there were weapons on the premises or a threat against the police had been made. "

So it seems the Gym owner refused to shut. Disclaimer, I think police get a shit time as it is without anyone whinging how they police but it did seem a tad OTT to send in armed police. However, it was a Gym with all muscular no topped men in

over a year ago

"

Should be troops not marshals"

Troops ?

Which planet are you on ?

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Thats true. Its almost certain that they either had intelligence that there were weapons on the premises or a threat against the police had been made. "

Do many people tell go ond social media tell them where they live and threaten them?

I'm fairly sure if he did that he would have been knicked.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I think whats the issue.

If a business has nothing to hide and are complying what does it matter that someone looked through the letter box. And if they are not complying then they deserve to be caught. "

That might be how things work in a police state but not under UK law, you need to do something wrong first and then police cab apply to a court for a warrant or use stop and search powers. Police aren’t meant to just turn up and nosey around and hassle you, that’s illegal still.

over a year ago

"I think whats the issue.

If a business has nothing to hide and are complying what does it matter that someone looked through the letter box. And if they are not complying then they deserve to be caught.

That might be how things work in a police state but not under UK law, you need to do something wrong first and then police cab apply to a court for a warrant or use stop and search powers. Police aren’t meant to just turn up and nosey around and hassle you, that’s illegal still."

Urm and how do you they didn't have a tip off?

And police are allowed to do spot checks and it wasn't the police but Marshalls. And how are they hassling anybody by looking through a letter box?

over a year ago

There are pictures of them doing it."

Cannot always believe pictures.

Remember piers Morgan was the editor when he let fake pictures of British soldiers urinating on captured enemy soldiers appear on the front pages.

I dont doubt Marshall's exist just things can be staged for fear tactics

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Cannot always believe pictures.

Remember piers Morgan was the editor when he let fake pictures of British soldiers urinating on captured enemy soldiers appear on the front pages.

I dont doubt Marshall's exist just things can be staged for fear tactics"

The video is on you tube

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Along with every episode of the Muppets.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Sorry been to the Gym what did I miss?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"Sorry been to the Gym what did I miss? "

LMAO. Wish I could too. But it will have to be the rifle range instead.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"Sorry been to the Gym what did I miss? "

Snoopers charter.

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

The talk of lock-ins earlier reminded me of something that happened to me many years ago.

The location was in a remote village, in a mountainous area not in England but in the UK.

It was a late Sat night and last orders had been called. No one seemed to pay any attention and the curtains were drawn.

I wasn't asked to leave and twigged this was a lock-in.

I ordered another pint, and casually said to a middle-aged gent next to me at the bar, "This wouldn't happen in my neck of the woods. The Police would be all over it."

He smiled and took out his Police ID and flashed me the badge. I was gobsmacked.

He replied "I like to keep an eye on the lads, and if any are too d*unk, I'll run 'em home. Saves me a ton of paperwork if they do crash, let alone the carnage to the family and any innocents".

It was a weird place. Royston Varsey springs to mind. He didn't nick me either, though I did wonder are punters liable, and if I did break the law. Still wonder to this day !

over a year ago

i see bt police at train stations asking people who are traveling to london if the journey is essential.

wonder if they turned anyone away

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"i see bt police at train stations asking people who are traveling to london if the journey is essential.

wonder if they turned anyone away"

Why would you say no?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"i see bt police at train stations asking people who are traveling to london if the journey is essential.

wonder if they turned anyone away"

I shouldn't think they would have - they have no power to.

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

I shouldn't think they would have - they have no power to. "

Wouldn't they have the powers to refuse someone from using transport ? Like shops and pubs etc can refuse entry ?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I shouldn't think they would have - they have no power to. "

In London when they patrol they will question anyone without a mask on tubes and buses, if you do not have exemption they have the right to remove you and issue you with a fine, this was added in late June

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

In London when they patrol they will question anyone without a mask on tubes and buses, if you do not have exemption they have the right to remove you and issue you with a fine, this was added in late June "

The post said:

"

i see bt police at train stations asking people who are traveling to london if the journey is essential.

"

That's what I answered.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

In London when they patrol they will question anyone without a mask on tubes and buses, if you do not have exemption they have the right to remove you and issue you with a fine, this was added in late June

The post said:

That's what I answered. "

I answered saying they do have the power if not wearing a mask.

Do they have specific power to stop you travelling from one city to another, no idea if they don’t I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not far away

Post new Message to Thread