Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Do you wear a face mask? Part 3

Jump to newest

By *orwegian Blue OP   Man
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Continuation of previous thread..

questions aimed at those that do not have a valid reason to not wear a face mask...

1 - Do you wear a face mask when required (on public transport, in shops, when not seated in a pub or restaurant)?

2 - if no, what is your justification for not wearing one?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Last post from previous..

I guess being British, it would end up at farting..

My pal purposely stands next to people without masks and farts by them, followed by eye to eye contact. He says his his "right" to make people who don't wear masks to do this! "

I had a moron do this to me when I was sat on a bench on with my housemate. We had our bandanas off and were eating.

Idiot thought it was funny to sit next to me and fart and tap at his mask. He didn’t find it funny when my milk shake slipped out my hand all over him

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i wear a mask, im exempt, but wear one anyway, we all have to be out bit, even if it caused me discomfort, years ago my grandday died for the greater good in the war, i dont think me putting on a mask is alot to ask

over a year ago

"i wear a mask, im exempt, but wear one anyway, we all have to be out bit, even if it caused me discomfort, years ago my grandday died for the greater good in the war, i dont think me putting on a mask is alot to ask"

I do agree,

Compared to what others have suffered in the past and still do today, having to wear a mask when required is a small and insignificant sacrifice to make, irrelevant of whether you think they work or not..

Without data to back up the claims they work, people who are far cleverer than most of us are saying they help prevent the spread.

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"Last post from previous..

I guess being British, it would end up at farting..

My pal purposely stands next to people without masks and farts by them, followed by eye to eye contact. He says his his "right" to make people who don't wear masks to do this! "

I had a moron do this to me when I was sat on a bench on with my housemate. We had our bandanas off and were eating.

Idiot thought it was funny to sit next to me and fart and tap at his mask. He didn’t find it funny when my milk shake slipped out my hand all over him "

Apparently quite a few people are doing this saying at least their not putting the persons health at risk. Whereas the person who is not masked is putting others health at risk. I think it's rude, but can understand why.

over a year ago

Alway wear my mask and gloves when working

over a year ago

OP do you need a whip for that horse?

Or a funeral pyre

over a year ago

I was asked if I wear / believe masks work in another thread below was my response.

I believe in science, the scientific studies conducted by respected people in their areas of expertise, peer review, cold hard data and established facts.

I give far less weight to opinions, outlandish predictions and modelling which time and time again now has been proven widely off that mark by factors of 10 and beyond.

Can anybody find a study where the introduction of masks reduced covid transmission and the infection numbers came down? Just 1 study / set of data please?

All of the data (I have seen) shows the introduction of masks made zero impact on transmission and in fact in many places transmission rates have increased. That's just the facts obviously other factors played a big role in the increased transmission.

Masks can work in a clinical setting where they are combined with ppe. The disposal masks are only to be worn for a relatively short period of time e.g. surgery and then are to be medically disposed of.

Sadly Joe public use these disposable masks time and time again.

I loose count of the amount of people in town that walk about the high street with their mask stuffed in a pocket and then pull it out and apply it as they are walking into a shop. As soon as they leave they take it off and stuff it back into a pocket. Rinse and repeat for god knows how many shops they decide to enter during that town trip.

So lets say they have covid and infected particles and saliva had been caught inside their mask (you know the inside part your not meant to touch right). Each time they fiddle with and take off their mask to stuff in a pocket those particles can be transfered onto their hands. The same hands that are then touching door handles, shop products, food items, lift buttons, cash machine screens etc etc.

2nd to this is the superman effect some people get with a mask. As soon as they mask up they don't give a fuck about the 2 meter rule (which is proven to be effective) and think nothing of encrouching people's personal space to get where they want.

Next time your out have a close look at some of the masks people wear especially the light coloured material masks, the amount of crud, food, and dirty stains on them is frightening. I dread to think what the inside of the mask looks like.

We take new sealed masks to our clients at every 121 so they can bin the one they have used for weeks on end. Some of the masks they discard for the new one are horrendous. Then again we work with people who are living in poverty so buying new masks or even been able to wash cloth masks is pretty low on their priority list.

Do I believe masks work no. Are masks a problem highly likely. Regardless its the law so Yes I wear a mask and follow all the protocols regarding using them properly sadly many people dont.

KJ

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Problem is, its difficult to study mask wearing. Masks were advised, but a lot of people refuse to wear one or wore it wrong. So I suppose any figures on effectiveness are slewed. When worn properly, as you say in a surgical setting they do reduce the risk of passing an infection. This can be studied as its in a controlled environment, and the masks are worn properly and not removed often.

over a year ago

I’ve seen absolutely loads of people not wearing a mask .

over a year ago

"

I was asked if I wear / believe masks work in another thread below was my response.

I believe in science, the scientific studies conducted by respected people in their areas of expertise, peer review, cold hard data and established facts.

I give far less weight to opinions, outlandish predictions and modelling which time and time again now has been proven widely off that mark by factors of 10 and beyond.

Can anybody find a study where the introduction of masks reduced covid transmission and the infection numbers came down? Just 1 study / set of data please?

All of the data (I have seen) shows the introduction of masks made zero impact on transmission and in fact in many places transmission rates have increased. That's just the facts obviously other factors played a big role in the increased transmission.

Masks can work in a clinical setting where they are combined with ppe. The disposal masks are only to be worn for a relatively short period of time e.g. surgery and then are to be medically disposed of.

I loose count of the amount of people in town that walk about the high street with their mask stuffed in a pocket and then pull it out and apply it as they are walking into a shop. As soon as they leave they take it off and stuff it back into a pocket. Rinse and repeat for god knows how many shops they decide to enter during that town trip.

So lets say they have covid and infected particles and saliva had been caught inside their mask (you know the inside part your not meant to touch right). Each time they fiddle with and take off their mask to stuff in a pocket those particles can be transfered onto their hands. The same hands that are then touching door handles, shop products, food items, lift buttons, cash machine screens etc etc.

2nd to this is the superman effect some people get with a mask. As soon as they mask up they don't give a fuck about the 2 meter rule (which is proven to be effective) and think nothing of encrouching people's personal space to get where they want.

Next time your out have a close look at some of the masks people wear especially the light coloured material masks, the amount of crud, food, and dirty stains on them is frightening. I dread to think what the inside of the mask looks like.

We take new sealed masks to our clients at every 121 so they can bin the one they have used for weeks on end. Some of the masks they discard for the new one are horrendous. Then again we work with people who are living in poverty so buying new masks or even been able to wash cloth masks is pretty low on their priority list.

Do I believe masks work no. Are masks a problem highly likely. Regardless its the law so Yes I wear a mask and follow all the protocols regarding using them properly sadly many people dont.

KJ

"

Really interesting post. Some really valid points. Infact lots of arguments I've used.

However, I was surprised by the questioning of evidence and studies. So went to find one I read recently that showed it as the single most important factor in wave one country infection rates. And I literally found so many studies, I thought I wouldn't bother. Including this:

"The specifics vary by mask type, but the overall evidence is clear: masks save lives"

BASED on over 90 separate studies.

over a year ago

"

KJ

Really interesting post. Some really valid points. Infact lots of arguments I've used.

However, I was surprised by the questioning of evidence and studies. So went to find one I read recently that showed it as the single most important factor in wave one country infection rates. And I literally found so many studies, I thought I wouldn't bother. Including this:

"The specifics vary by mask type, but the overall evidence is clear: masks save lives"

BASED on over 90 separate studies. "

Could you post the link please, I'd like to read that study myself.

over a year ago

"

KJ

BASED on over 90 separate studies. "

Can you share 1 of those 90 studies that actually proves beyond any doubt (not somebodies opinion) that masks reduce infections.

E.g. Country A was averaging 8000 daily recorded infections through confirmed test centres. On this date masks were made a legal requirement and then infections subsequently reduced to 6000 a day or similar. Something like that please?

Even the pro masks advocates say the evidence they can protect others to a small degree is only applicable when ALL the relevant Disposable Mask protocols are adhered to. The same with reusable masks.

My experience of Joe public is that Masks are far from been used correctly in the majority of cases.

I'd go as far as to say people aren't using masks safety.

I'd emplore anyone to sit outside a cafe in a busy centre near to shop entrances for an hour and just observe peoples mask habits its frightening to be honest.

Oh and Mask poverty is a real thing we seen this with clients daily who have been using surgical throw away masks for literally weeks on end. With the mask living in the coat, jeans pocket or handbag ready to pulled out and applied for the 100th time.

It's for these reasons as a council we are working hard on mask dicipline, mask safety, mask best practice as well as addressing mask poverty by providing free masks to all who need them.

KJ

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"

KJ

Can you share 1 of those 90 studies that actually proves beyond any doubt (not somebodies opinion) that masks reduce infections.

E.g. Country A was averaging 8000 daily recorded infections through confirmed test centres. On this date masks were made a legal requirement and then infections subsequently reduced to 6000 a day or similar. Something like that please?

Even the pro masks advocates say the evidence they can protect others to a small degree is only applicable when ALL the relevant Disposable Mask protocols are adhered to. The same with reusable masks.

My experience of Joe public is that Masks are far from been used correctly in the majority of cases.

I'd emplore anyone to sit outside a cafe in a busy centre near to shop entrances for an hour and just observe peoples mask habits its frightening to be honest.

Oh and Mask poverty is a real thing we seen this with clients daily who have been using surgical throw away masks for literally weeks on end. With the mask living in the coat, jeans pocket or handbag ready to pulled out and applied for the 100th time.

It's for these reasons as a council we are working hard on mask dicipline, mask safety, mask best practice as well as addressing mask poverty by providing free masks to all who need them.

KJ "

Try pissing against a wall with and without you boxers and see how effective a simple piece of cotton is against the spray of liquid particles

over a year ago

"

KJ

KJ

Try pissing against a wall with and without you boxers and see how effective a simple piece of cotton is against the spray of liquid particles"

That sounds like piss poor science

By *B1974Woman
over a year ago

Stanley

"

I believe in science.

Masks can work in a clinical setting where they are combined with ppe. The disposable masks are only to be worn for a relatively short period of time e.g. surgery and then are to be medically disposed of.

"

Totally agree with this

over a year ago

"

I believe in science.

Masks can work in a clinical setting where they are combined with ppe. The disposable masks are only to be worn for a relatively short period of time e.g. surgery and then are to be medically disposed of.

Totally agree with this"

Most masks that are being worn are now dirty virus holiday camps.

We wear the mask to comply to rules but we are not actively maintaining the safety of this equipment

over a year ago

"

I believe in science.

Totally agree with this

We wear the mask to comply to rules but we are not actively maintaining the safety of this equipment "

Also see so many disposable masks laying in the street when walking our dog.

By *om and LisaCouple
over a year ago

gateshead

Firstly.

Someone on the last thread asked why our two year old would be wearing a mask.

Unfortunately, there are times when we've just had to take him into a shop. It's been screwfix, aldi and the post office, and only when we've had to.

But, he wears one, because he can. And if there's the tiniest chance that it'll stop him from catching the virus, then it's been worth it.

Also, there's the idea that either myself, him or Lisa have caught the covvy and he'd be shouting on, spreading it about.

I drive a Volvo and the lights are always on, because it gives a slight advantage in terms of safety. Same thing.

Also, his masks have dinosaurs on them.

Secondly.

I think we're fucked as a species anyway. We can't even cut the chuff out of quoted replies on forum threads, so we're not seeing the same one or two posts in their entirety being batted back and forth.

By *om and LisaCouple
over a year ago

gateshead

"

masks laying in the street when walking our dog. "

What's that about?

I get that they get blown about, but they seem to be just dropped by people.

Are people taking the "disposable" terminology and thinking it means they can just be dropped anywhere?

Sick of people me like.

over a year ago

"

I believe in science.

Totally agree with this

We wear the mask to comply to rules but we are not actively maintaining the safety of this equipment "

100% this!

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

When are folk going to realise, masks are there to lower the risk. Not 100% total safety! Eg,

If your mask only reduces your chances of infection by 20%,and hand washing reduces the risk by another 20%.Add to this social distancing lowers it even further. All added up it provides a good chance of protection. These figures are pulled out my ass, just for this example so please don't ask for proof or studies etc. It is common sense. A commodity which seems frankly to be lacking atm.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

"I’ve seen absolutely loads of people not wearing a mask .

"

Probably exempt from having to wear one over 30 legal reasons not to

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

Probably exempt from having to wear one over 30 legal reasons not to "

Or they're just obnoxious cnuts ?

over a year ago

Broadstairs

Or they're just obnoxious cnuts ?"

I believe that this is an insult to the disabled and those with serious illness such as lung cancer

over a year ago

I believe that this is an insult to the disabled and those with serious illness such as lung cancer "

Or obnoxious cunts using the disability card when they have no right to.

You'd never know

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

I believe that this is an insult to the disabled and those with serious illness such as lung cancer "

Nope it's not

However your post is an insult to all those doing their best to stop the spread of the virus you fail to recognise, and those truly exepmt are being made to look like idiots due to people condoning criminals that can't be arsed to wear masks but anyway you'll not see that

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I dont agree with what is going on, having said that I wear one just cos I respect the rules

over a year ago

Why,? if you are not exempt from wearing a mask and you still choose not to wear one then you are an obnoxious Cnut

By *adylydfordWoman
over a year ago

altinkum

I dont wear one. I rarely go out as it is. In my job they have built a fishtank for me to sit in so i dont contaminate the guests checking in. I live in cornwall and we havent really seen the craziness other places have had. I guess im selfish but having no family i have noone to visit and infect with covid. If i die from it noone will miss me.

over a year ago

Iv been advised not to wear one by medical professionals.

I do try to wear one when possible but can't always. What I do find is that I always make sure I stay as far away from people as possible and respect their space especially when not wearing one. I have found that many people seem to think that wearing a mask makes them invincible, they get so close and dont abide by social distancing rules.

over a year ago

"I dont wear one. I rarely go out as it is. In my job they have built a fishtank for me to sit in so i dont contaminate the guests checking in. I live in cornwall and we havent really seen the craziness other places have had. I guess im selfish but having no family i have noone to visit and infect with covid. If i die from it noone will miss me."

I'm very sure that, that last sentence is untrue. I'm sorry you feel that way. X

over a year ago

"When are folk going to realise, masks are there to lower the risk. Not 100% total safety! Eg,

If your mask only reduces your chances of infection by 20%,and hand washing reduces the risk by another 20%.Add to this social distancing lowers it even further. All added up it provides a good chance of protection. These figures are pulled out my ass, just for this example so please don't ask for proof or studies etc. It is common sense. A commodity which seems frankly to be lacking atm. "

Five years ago they did a peer reviewed randomised study of 3000 hospital workers on the effectiveness of masks against respiratory illness.

1000 wore medical grade masks,1000 wore disposable and 1000 wore none.

The medical masks and wearing none showed no difference in infection rates, the disposable masks was actually a higher rate of infection.

I'll just leave you to think about that.

over a year ago

Broadstairs

Five years ago they did a peer reviewed randomised study of 3000 hospital workers on the effectiveness of masks against respiratory illness.

The medical masks and wearing none showed no difference in infection rates, the disposable masks was actually a higher rate of infection.

I'll just leave you to think about that. Have always thought masks where useless, do you know the name of the study as people will ask for proof

By *ensual 2Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

People seem to wear exemption tags like badges of honour..if they wont /cant wear masks why cant they wear a visor at least ..being diabetic is no excuse ...people are just lazy ignorant to whats been happening ....and whats gonna continue ...being exempt is not a magic safety wall for accepting /spreading the virus ....wake up !!

By *eeker of truthMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"When are folk going to realise, masks are there to lower the risk. Not 100% total safety! Eg,

If your mask only reduces your chances of infection by 20%,and hand washing reduces the risk by another 20%.Add to this social distancing lowers it even further. All added up it provides a good chance of protection. These figures are pulled out my ass, just for this example so please don't ask for proof or studies etc. It is common sense. A commodity which seems frankly to be lacking atm.

I'll just leave you to think about that. "

Your wasting your time mate, you could have all the proof in the world but people still won't believe it until the man on the telly tells them they don't need to any more.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"

I'll just leave you to think about that. Have always thought masks where useless, do you know the name of the study as people will ask for proof "

A higher rate of infection in the wearer or those around them?

over a year ago

"

I'll just leave you to think about that. Have always thought masks where useless, do you know the name of the study as people will ask for proof "

It's a well known study used by many governments in March, April to advise against masks. That is until they needed masks to look like they were trying to do something to stem the tide.

Just google

A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers

KJ

over a year ago

Broadstairs

[Removed by poster at 19/10/20 09:56:00]

over a year ago

Broadstairs

"

I'll just leave you to think about that. Have always thought masks where useless, do you know the name of the study as people will ask for proof

It's a well known study used by many governments in March, April to advise against masks. That is until they needed masks to look like they were trying to do something to stem the tide.

Just google

A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers

KJ"

Thank you was an interesting read

over a year ago

"

Just google

KJ Thank you was an interesting read "

Sorry went off doing office work, the evidence for masks was very flimsy and inconclusive and that was for medical respirators, the masks we wear do nothing.

Apart from that there's viral load to be considered and how much can actually be contained in droplet measuring 1 micron.

I wear one when I have to comply with the law otherwise I don't bother.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

Your wasting your time mate, you could have all the proof in the world but people still won't believe it until the man on the telly tells them they don't need to any more.

"

Lol. This. As long as the mainstream media keep the hysteria going & keep peddling the fear based narrative to terrorise them into submission & compliance they’ll keep their blinkers on about the ‘lethal virus’ and heads buried in the sand.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Sorry went off doing office work, the evidence for masks was very flimsy and inconclusive and that was for medical respirators, the masks we wear do nothing."

Here's a test for you - go buy a plastic plant sprayer (diy/garden shop £1.99).

Fill it with water - now put on your mask and spray your face in the mirror ten times - now carefully take of your mask and see whats wet and what is not. To make the kids laugh do it again with green food colour.

I promise you that no idiot will be harmed in the making of this movie. But it will teach you lots and the kids will have a great time.

over a year ago

I believe that this is an insult to the disabled and those with serious illness such as lung cancer

Or obnoxious cunts using the disability card when they have no right to.

You'd never know "

All the people I know with illness that exclude them from needing to wear a mask, choose to wear one for the reason that they are more susceptible to covid and the effects will be far more devastating to them due to their health condition.

Anyway, this is detracting from the subject of the thread which is questioning why a minority who have not got exemption insist on not wearing a mask.

over a year ago

I'll just leave you to think about that. "

Question, when they conducted the experiment were all the patients in the hospital all wearing masks aswell? The masks don’t stop you catching the virus, they help prevent you spreading it . Think about that one

over a year ago

Question, when they conducted the experiment were all the patients in the hospital all wearing masks aswell? The masks don’t stop you catching the virus, they help prevent you spreading it . Think about that one "

It was in Thailand where it was standard practice to put masks on people already ill.

Probably who the CDC the who, PHE and everybody else said don't bother with masks back in February as there pointless, Spain's had compulsory mask wearing for months the minute you leave your house and a high fine for being caught not wearing one.

How's there cases doing again?.

I'll leave you to think about that one

over a year ago

Question, when they conducted the experiment were all the patients in the hospital all wearing masks aswell? The masks don’t stop you catching the virus, they help prevent you spreading it . Think about that one "

Why are masks worn by surgeons and have been for over a century?

Surely it's not to prevent the surgeon catch what his patient has; a hip replacement isn't contagious last time I checked..

It's to limit the bacteria being spread from the surgeons breath into to gaping bloody hole in their patient..

I guess we all agree on that..

The same principle applies, wearing a mask does not prevent you from catching the virus; it marginally reduces the risk, but doesn't prevent it.

Wearing a mask does significantly reduce your chance of transmission of disease.. like coughing or sneezing into a tissue, the majority of virus is caught as you exhale and trapped in the fibres.

Your breath is moist so readily sticks to the fibres and multiple layers also build up a positive charge which, like cling film, attracts to particles to the fibres..

It's really just very simple mechanics and physics.

In France, an ad campaign depicting a percentage risk for for transmission depending on who wore a mask gave a simple to understand way to show the effectiveness. It was based upon a study made of the effectiveness of reusable and homemade masks..

Neither person wearing a mask = 99% risk of you catching cvd.

You wearing a mask and other person not = 75% risk of you catching cvd.

You not wearing a mask and other person is wearing a mask = 40% risk of you catching cvd.

Both wearing a mask = 15% chance of you catching cvd

The figures are an approximate from recollection but it was within this magnitude..

What this did was to highlight that a single person wearing a mask is not going to solve the problem alone

over a year ago

Question, when they conducted the experiment were all the patients in the hospital all wearing masks aswell? The masks don’t stop you catching the virus, they help prevent you spreading it . Think about that one

Surely it's not to prevent the surgeon catch what his patient has; a hip replacement isn't contagious last time I checked..

It's to limit the bacteria being spread from the surgeons breath into to gaping bloody hole in their patient..

The same principle applies, wearing a mask does not prevent you from catching the virus; it marginally reduces the risk, but doesn't prevent it.

Wearing a mask does significantly reduce your chance of transmission of disease.. like coughing or sneezing into a tissue, the majority of virus is caught as you exhale and trapped in the fibres.

Your breath is moist so readily sticks to the fibres and multiple layers also build up a positive charge which, like cling film, attracts to particles to the fibres..

In France, an ad campaign depicting a percentage risk for for transmission depending on who wore a mask gave a simple to understand way to show the effectiveness. It was based upon a study made of the effectiveness of reusable and homemade masks..

You not wearing a mask and other person is wearing a mask = 40% risk of you catching cvd.

The figures are an approximate from recollection but it was within this magnitude..

What this did was to highlight that a single person wearing a mask is not going to solve the problem alone"

What's the source for the research for those figures / percentages or did you or someone else just make them up?

If you did just make them up / have a rough guess then its exactly people doing just that which is the problem wether its you, Joe public, politicians or the media doing it.

The only thing to consider should be peer reviewed, scientific, factual data which the 2015 example was.

KJ

over a year ago

What this did was to highlight that a single person wearing a mask is not going to solve the problem alone"

No it won’t, but it does help. Combine it with social distancing, washing hands , lockdowns etc and together they reduce the spread significantly .

over a year ago

It was in Thailand where it was standard practice to put masks on people already ill.

Probably who the CDC the who, PHE and everybody else said don't bother with masks back in February as there pointless, Spain's had compulsory mask wearing for months the minute you leave your house and a high fine for being caught not wearing one.

I'll leave you to think about that one "

It is standard practice to put masks on patients in Thailand? Can you prove that happened during the experiment or at least give me some evidence as it sounds like you have just made it up.

over a year ago

I'll leave you to think about that one "

Can you also clarify how many hospitals were used in the experiment?

over a year ago

No

over a year ago

I equate wearing a mask to wearing a seatbelt in a car or a crash helmet on a motorbike. Neither will save your life in a very bad crash but will give you the best chance depending on the circumstances. Wearing a mask gives you more of a chance to keep yourself and others safe, and a small chance is better than no chance at all.

over a year ago

"No"

Ok Dave

over a year ago

A 99% risk of catching sars-cov2 from being in a room with somebody else who also has the virus, that's the biggest load nonsense I've ever read, at that rate it puts it as more infectious than measles which is the most infectious virus out all the 1000s we've currently categorised.

The case I gave above is the largest randomised study of the effectiveness of masks on respiratory illnesses ever done.

It found no difference in incidence between wearing a respirator and no mask and surgical masks actually had a higher prevalence than both the others.

over a year ago

What this did was to highlight that a single person wearing a mask is not going to solve the problem alone

A 99% risk of catching sars-cov2 from being in a room with somebody else who also has the virus, that's the biggest load nonsense I've ever read, at that rate it puts it as more infectious than measles which is the most infectious virus out all the 1000s we've currently categorised.

The case I gave above is the largest randomised study of the effectiveness of masks on respiratory illnesses ever done.

It found no difference in incidence between wearing a respirator and no mask and surgical masks actually had a higher prevalence than both the others."

Masks don’t stop you catching the virus, they help stop it spreading, unless the experiment was conducted in a hospital where everyone was required to wear a mask it’s findings are useless .

over a year ago

Broadstairs

It found no difference in incidence between wearing a respirator and no mask and surgical masks actually had a higher prevalence than both the others."

It’s an interesting read

over a year ago

"Sorry went off doing office work, the evidence for masks was very flimsy and inconclusive and that was for medical respirators, the masks we wear do nothing.

Here's a test for you - go buy a plastic plant sprayer (diy/garden shop £1.99).

Fill it with water - now put on your mask and spray your face in the mirror ten times - now carefully take of your mask and see whats wet and what is not. To make the kids laugh do it again with green food colour.

I promise you that no idiot will be harmed in the making of this movie. But it will teach you lots and the kids will have a great time. "

Ok here's a little test you can do while wearing yours, you'll lose about a pint of water vapour through breathing in a day, now see if your mask and jumper are soaking wet through after wearing it.

over a year ago

It found no difference in incidence between wearing a respirator and no mask and surgical masks actually had a higher prevalence than both the others.

Masks don’t stop you catching the virus, they help stop it spreading, unless the experiment was conducted in a hospital where everyone was required to wear a mask it’s findings are useless . "

You've not actually read the paper your arguing against obviously

By *angsters paradiseCouple
over a year ago

Land of the Dragons

Lol. This. As long as the mainstream media keep the hysteria going & keep peddling the fear based narrative to terrorise them into submission & compliance they’ll keep their blinkers on about the ‘lethal virus’ and heads buried in the sand.

"

By *angsters paradiseCouple
over a year ago

Land of the Dragons

"

over a year ago

Masks don’t stop you catching the virus, they help stop it spreading, unless the experiment was conducted in a hospital where everyone was required to wear a mask it’s findings are useless .

You've not actually read the paper your arguing against obviously "

And neither have you , tbh this debate is futile, the

UK has decided that wearing masks helps stop the spread of the virus, so you will just suck it up and wear one

over a year ago

You've not actually read the paper your arguing against obviously

And neither have you , tbh this debate is futile, the

UK has decided that wearing masks helps stop the spread of the virus, so you will just suck it up and wear one "

We could all tell it was futile from your first reply trying to debunk a paper you've clearly not read.

Let's just call it a stalemate and depart each others posts

over a year ago

Or they're just obnoxious cnuts ?"

A bunch of Rat Lickers

over a year ago

No i wear a snood so i can look like a bandito

over a year ago

Probably exempt from having to wear one over 30 legal reasons not to "

Is there a site somewhere that lists the reasons? I’m just interested to see. The main reason I’ve heard of a lad not wearing one when challenged was “I’m a big fucker and if you want to argue about me not wearing one and being a sheep like everyone else, let’s step outside somewhere quiet”!!! A very scientific response

over a year ago

I have several cloth masks and use a clean one daily. Vanity dictates that I iron them between uses. I dangle them from my fingers by the elastic in-between shops.

My daughter is exempt from wearing one because she is disabled, I am not currently taking her in the shops. If someone farted at us because she is not wearing one I would be livid. I would take off my mask and give them a piece of my mind. She does have a lanyard with badge saying she is face covering exempt.

I don't stare at people not wearing a mask because I don't know the reason why they are not wearing one. We don't need Covid vigilantes picking on non mask wearers. Since when did it become okay to pick on each other in that way?

I would happily make some masks for people in mask poverty.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

What scares you most, a virus with 99% survival rate, or someone tutting because you're not wearing a mask?

By *rblue38Man
over a year ago

Maidstone

As far as I am concerned anyone not wearing a mask needs to carry a card or wear a badge or lanyard stating they are exempt other than that there no excuse.

I wear this sunflower exemption lanyard not by choice but because I have to. I have scarring of the lungs and severe asthma. Wear a mask for me is a real struggle for any more than a couple of minutes. I also carry a medical letter which explains in detail my condition. There will always be people out there who will disagree for some reason just like someone having a blue badge but does not show any physical disadvantage from the look.

Post new Message to Thread