Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Do you wear a face mask? Part 2

Jump to newest

By *orwegian Blue OP   Man
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Continuation of previous thread..

questions aimed at those that do not have a valid reason to not wear a face mask...

1 - Do you wear a face mask when required (on public transport, in shops, when not seated in a pub or restaurant)?

2 - if no, what is your justification for not wearing one?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Yes I do, of course

Reply privately

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

"Continuation of previous thread..

questions aimed at those that do not have a valid reason to not wear a face mask...

1 - Do you wear a face mask when required (on public transport, in shops, when not seated in a pub or restaurant)?

2 - if no, what is your justification for not wearing one?"

1 - No.

2 - my private and confidential medical history is exactly that, private and confidential! My right to not disclose this information is legally protected not only by data protection laws but also by disability discrimination laws too!

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Yes I do, have started wearing it all the time when I'm out now

Reply privately

over a year ago

1 - No.

2 - my private and confidential medical history is exactly that, private and confidential! My right to not disclose this information is legally protected not only by data protection laws but also by disability discrimination laws too!"

If you have a valid reason, that's perfectly fine and nobody would expect you to disclose that personal information.

The aim of the thread is to try to understand why those who should wear a mask, don't..

Reply privately

By *ersnickety PantsWoman
over a year ago

Club Meets Only

1 - No.

2 - my private and confidential medical history is exactly that, private and confidential! My right to not disclose this information is legally protected not only by data protection laws but also by disability discrimination laws too!

If you have a valid reason, that's perfectly fine and nobody would expect you to disclose that personal information.

The aim of the thread is to try to understand why those who should wear a mask, don't.. "

But you do tho by asking those who choose not to wear one to justify themselves

Whether anyone has a valid reason or not it has nothing to do with anyone

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Post 175 from last thread

"

By LogJamFind posts by LogJam Man 2 hours ago

Chicago

Well they are not compulsory over here nation wise yet but strangely people with breathing difficulties do wear then to protect themselves. I wonder if its being told to wear one that is an issue with many that is the issue. "

This I totally agree with

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yes I do, have started wearing it all the time when I'm out now "

Same here sami

Reply privately

By *rouble1998Woman
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

The only occasion that I have not worn one is when I went into a shop having forgot a mask when the rules first came in. Apart from that occasion I always wear them when they’re required, there’s no reason not to

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

1 - No.

The aim of the thread is to try to understand why those who should wear a mask, don't.. "

Perhaps a few examples of medical conditions which preclude the use of face coverings might help us poor healthy folk understand what is the issue.

I've seen several people quite asthma but the website asthmauk says it's NOT an excuse and I'd have to agree as my wife is asthmatic and has absolutely no problem wearing a face covering in fact I hate them more than she does.

It's odd that people can't just park in disabled spaces and tell the police it's none of their business why though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am exempt so I don't have to.

I suffer with respiratory issues so not ideal.

It don't stop me wearing a mask though though it makes breathing sometimes more of an issue.

But I respect and care for other peoples health I am not a born again twat.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

1 - No.

The aim of the thread is to try to understand why those who should wear a mask, don't..

"

Exactly! No ones business people shouldn't have to justify why they dont wear one ! X

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

I personally think, if people are so badly they can't wear a face mask,they definitely shouldn't be allowed out. Protect the vulnerable. I've been told, the only real reasons are PTSD and serious facial injuries,for not wearing a mask.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I personally think, if people are so badly they can't wear a face mask,they definitely shouldn't be allowed out. Protect the vulnerable. I've been told, the only real reasons are PTSD and serious facial injuries,for not wearing a mask. "

No there are far more reasons than those 2 x

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

1 - No.

Perhaps a few examples of medical conditions which preclude the use of face coverings might help us poor healthy folk understand what is the issue.

I've seen several people quite asthma but the website asthmauk says it's NOT an excuse and I'd have to agree as my wife is asthmatic and has absolutely no problem wearing a face covering in fact I hate them more than she does.

It's odd that people can't just park in disabled spaces and tell the police it's none of their business why though."

Brilliant analogy

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"I personally think, if people are so badly they can't wear a face mask,they definitely shouldn't be allowed out. Protect the vulnerable. I've been told, the only real reasons are PTSD and serious facial injuries,for not wearing a mask.

No there are far more reasons than those 2 x"

Wish someone would tell me what they are!

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/10/20 18:30:18]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Of course I wear a face mask, it stops me having to shave everyday

Reply privately

over a year ago

Club Meets Only

"I personally think, if people are so badly they can't wear a face mask,they definitely shouldn't be allowed out. Protect the vulnerable. I've been told, the only real reasons are PTSD and serious facial injuries,for not wearing a mask.

Wish someone would tell me what they are! "

Google will help you, but since you personally think there are only 2 real reasons for not wearing one I probably wouldn't bother

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Please will someone name these reasons!

Reply privately

over a year ago

1 - No.

Exactly! No ones business people shouldn't have to justify why they dont wear one ! X"

Surely if a person's actions are endangered the lives of others, there should be some form of social responsibility.

If you were to drive your car recklessly and cause harm to another, you would expect there to be justice.

Just because the rules have a grey area which allows the rules to be easily flouted, does not mean the actions are no less reckless.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Please will someone name these reasons! "

Why do u need to know? Is really no one else's business but the persons who dont wear them! To many Kevin's and Karen's around! X

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

1 - No.

"

..and people don't have to post, there were plenty on the first post who were happy to say why..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Club Meets Only

1 - No.

Exactly! No ones business people shouldn't have to justify why they dont wear one ! X

Surely if a person's actions are endangered the lives of others, there should be some form of social responsibility.

If you were to drive your car recklessly and cause harm to another, you would expect there to be justice.

Just because the rules have a grey area which allows the rules to be easily flouted, does not mean the actions are no less reckless. "

Social responsibility yes but expecting or even having the idea that people should explain themselves to some random person on the internet or anywhere else no.

You can not compare a car accident to an invisible virus

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Yes I do, have started wearing it all the time when I'm out now

Same here sami "

Reply privately

over a year ago

1. No

2. Exempt

That's all people need to know

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

1 - No.

Exactly! No ones business people shouldn't have to justify why they dont wear one ! X"

So they don't have to answer then...simple

Reply privately

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Ive asmath and autoimmune problems but still ware a mask ,ive seen people with portable oxygen with masks on ,so no exscuse for people with asthma not to ware one ..

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Ive asmath and autoimmune problems but still ware a mask ,ive seen people with portable oxygen with masks on ,so no exscuse for people with asthma not to ware one .."

And still no one elses business!! X

Reply privately

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

"

Your wife is lucky then, my mother in law has lung cancer and asthma, her lung cancer is inoperatable because it is in her only “good” lung.

She is one person who cannot wear a face mask as she would suffocate even if she wore it for more than a few minutes as her lung power is so depleted.

What people like you do not realise is how discouraging it is for people who are struggling to live to be questioned by all and sundry and be expected to were a tag explaining they are on death's door or other types of abuse because they don't wear a mask.

As for what Asthma UK state their website says

"There isn’t a blanket rule about face covering exemptions for everyone with asthma. But if you find it impossible to wear a face covering for health reasons, you don’t have to wear one. An example of this might be if a mask makes you too breathless."

Reply privately

By *aul happyMan
over a year ago

tilgate crawley

i have worn one from day one...... and am proud of trying to protect myself and others

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

You can not compare a car accident to an invisible virus "

Is it not my right to be able to make any comparison I like when my comparison isn't inciting harm to others, and I am sure a microscopic virus will not get offended by such a comparison.

comparing irresponsible actions when the outcome is the same is an apology..

It's like saying that driving too fast is perfectly safe because you have never injured anybody, therefore it's got to be safe..

You never saw the person who had to swerve to avoid you and who ended up crashing, so you continue thinking that speeding is perfectly safe..

The responsibility for your actions are yours alone and if you do not consider the direct and indirect consequences of your actions, then that an act of irresponsibility.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Of course I wear a face mask, it stops me having to shave everyday "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Your wife is lucky then, my mother in law has lung cancer and asthma, her lung cancer is inoperatable because it is in her only “good” lung.

She is one person who cannot wear a face mask as she would suffocate even if she wore it for more than a few minutes as her lung power is so depleted.

What people like you do not realise is how discouraging it is for people who are struggling to live to be questioned by all and sundry and be expected to were a tag explaining they are on death's door or other types of abuse because they don't wear a mask.

As for what Asthma UK state their website says

"There isn’t a blanket rule about face covering exemptions for everyone with asthma. But if you find it impossible to wear a face covering for health reasons, you don’t have to wear one. An example of this might be if a mask makes you too breathless."

"

I would have thought your mother in law would struggle just walking around regardless off a face mask so wouldn’t be going to shops etc so wearing a face mask must surely be irrelevant to her?

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

For the the people who say they "can't", if they are that ill, they should be isolating! Surely?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nope dont wear one, Mask don't work anyway.

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Google will help you, but since you personally think there are only 2 real reasons for not wearing one I probably wouldn't bother "

It was an NHS staff member who told me, not I "personally think". I only asked a question! Why are you so defensive?

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"I am exempt so I don't have to.

It don't stop me wearing a mask though though it makes breathing sometimes more of an issue.

But I respect and care for other peoples health I am not a born again twat. "

Bravo. Love that.

Reply privately

By *spotpleasurerMan
over a year ago

Norwich

The face masks are mainly to protect others from you.

I can understand many have reasons not to wear one, but what do you do if you develop a cough or temperature or loss of smell?

Do you still go out without a mask?

Reply privately

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

But I respect and care for other peoples health I am not a born again twat. "

So your exemptions bollocks then? Oh and in question to your answer... what are you?!

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes I wear one

Reply privately

By *r DiveMan
over a year ago

St Helens

Yes I wear one everywhere, not only to protect me and everyone else. You don't know who has it or if you have it.

Reply privately

By *he BWCMan
over a year ago

Stafford

Wear it as soon as I leave the house

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The face masks are mainly to protect others from you.

I can understand many have reasons not to wear one, but what do you do if you develop a cough or temperature or loss of smell?

Do you still go out without a mask?"

I'm sure there are some who will ignore the signs and still go out rather than isolating.

I'm more concerned about those who are asymptomatic, that's pretty scary..

A good friend contracted covid right at the start of lockdown, she caught it off her grandson who wasn't aware he had it at the time.. she died a few weeks later.

Her grandson now lives with the personal guilt that he was responsible.

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

If you can't /won't wear a mask when in public and can't social distance, why not wear a full face visor? Any thoughts? No problems then?

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Ive asmath and autoimmune problems but still ware a mask ,ive seen people with portable oxygen with masks on ,so no exscuse for people with asthma not to ware one ..

And still no one elses business!! X"

The lady chose to express her opinion

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The face masks are mainly to protect others from you.

Do you still go out without a mask?"

No you shouldn’t need to where a mask because you should be isolating.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The old I’m really interested in your reason trap.

Once cornered the pack attacks.

Reply privately

By *om and LisaCouple
over a year ago

gateshead

I don't wear a mask because it's against my freedom.

I don't want to wear one and no one can make me.

They don't work anyway, I can breathe through the fabric easily, so I know tiny elements can still get through, so what's the point?

If anyone in a shop tells me to wear one, I call them a 'Karen' and it makes me feel really good.

If I catch it, I'll be fine because I'm healthy. And I don't care about old people and fat people and those ones with that tube thingy that's a bit like Dark Vaider

All of my friend share articles online and I've done more studyying than most scientisters.

I'm a sovereign citizen and it's against my first constitutional right as a citizen of earth.

This Bill Gates virus is fake news. It's all a lie to help the aliens stop us from lip reading each other when we're all tied up.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Aye.

I wear a mask.

Even my 2yr old son can wear one, and he's got the attention span of some of the cretins in here.

So grow up ya bunch o' limpits, put a mask on and stop making things up.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes

Reply privately

over a year ago

1 - No.

2 - my private and confidential medical history is exactly that, private and confidential! My right to not disclose this information is legally protected not only by data protection laws but also by disability discrimination laws too!"

Fuck me, barrel of laughs ain't ya

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Ive asmath and autoimmune problems but still ware a mask ,ive seen people with portable oxygen with masks on ,so no exscuse for people with asthma not to ware one ..

And still no one elses business!! X

The lady chose to express her opinion"

As did I x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't wear a mask because it's against my freedom.

They don't work anyway, I can breathe through the fabric easily, so I know tiny elements can still get through, so what's the point?

If anyone in a shop tells me to wear one, I call them a 'Karen' and it makes me feel really good.

If I catch it, I'll be fine because I'm healthy. And I don't care about old people and fat people and those ones with that tube thingy that's a bit like Dark Vaider

All of my friend share articles online and I've done more studyying than most scientisters.

I'm a sovereign citizen and it's against my first constitutional right as a citizen of earth.

This Bill Gates virus is fake news. It's all a lie to help the aliens stop us from lip reading each other when we're all tied up.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Aye.

I wear a mask.

Even my 2yr old son can wear one, and he's got the attention span of some of the cretins in here.

"

Reply privately

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Far far away

1 - No.

"

I presume you mean other than those who are dead because people, without a valid reason choose not to wear masks?

Reply privately

By *nmgCouple
over a year ago

Liverpool

Yes, I wear a mask.

I really don't understand people who say it's an infringement on their civil liberties - how exactly?

As regards people who say that they don't work, I'm afraid decades of medical science and research proves that they do.

I don't enjoy wearing a mask, but I regard it as the socially responsible thing to do.

I personally cannot WAIT until we don't need to wear them. It is the bain of my life at present, but for now we just have to get on with it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wear one and am happy to.

I feel snug,safe and warm inside it, and sort of invisible.

My advice to those happy to wear one, but not finding them comfortable is to invest in several different types/styles/materials. Once you find one that's comfy, it's a game changer.

Reply privately

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

"Ive asmath and autoimmune problems but still ware a mask ,ive seen people with portable oxygen with masks on ,so no exscuse for people with asthma not to ware one .."

The irony being that it is low CO2 that is trigger for asthma in many cases. One of the treatments for asthma is to build up CO2 levels

-Matt

Reply privately

By *tew2009Man
over a year ago

wakefield

Well said Tom and Lisa.

I don't wear one, simply because it's all bollox and scaremongering. If masks work then there's no need to distance. If distancing works then there's no need for masks. Clearly neither work and neither do lockdowns. Remove restrictions, end the pointless lockdowns, learn to live with the virus and we're back to normal overnight.

Reply privately

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

Yes I wear one. I have a supply of disposable ones in my car as well in case anyone forgets theirs.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well said Tom and Lisa.

I don't wear one, simply because it's all bollox and scaremongering. If masks work then there's no need to distance. If distancing works then there's no need for masks. Clearly neither work and neither do lockdowns. Remove restrictions, end the pointless lockdowns, learn to live with the virus and we're back to normal overnight. "

I suggest you read Tom and Lisa’s thread again. Carefully.

I agree with them and as you do too, you’ll be wearing a mask in future

Reply privately

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

No I don’t and why the hell is a 2yr old wearing a bloody mask

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I don't like the mask but as I'm high risk, travel by (packed) public transport with people who don't wear masks, pull their masks down to cough and sneeze, I'll continue to do so.

All I can do is try and protect me and mine.

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

My pal purposely stands next to people without masks and farts by them, followed by eye to eye contact. He says his his "right" to make people who don't wear masks to do this!

Reply privately

By *ikesEmBigMan
over a year ago

Herts

1 - No.

Thats just bullshit and anyone who responds like that has basically fuck all wrong with them

Reply privately

By *ikesEmBigMan
over a year ago

Herts

1 - No.

Thats just bullshit and anyone who responds like that has basically fuck all wrong with them"

*physically anyway

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

1 - No.

Thats just bullshit and anyone who responds like that has basically fuck all wrong with them

*physically anyway"

Reply privately

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

Reasons not to have to wear a mask. Ahd ,agoraphobia,Anxiety,Autism,Chronic sinus issues , Claustrophobia, Depression , Deviated septum ,Down syndrome,Dysautonomia, Emphysema,Epilepsy, can’t be bothered to write the rest but there is another 20 reasons

Reply privately

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Yes because I am a responsible human being.

Anyone choosing not to is just a selfish cock

Anyone who can’t wear one should minimising their movements

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"Reasons not to have to wear a mask. Ahd ,agoraphobia,Anxiety,Autism,Chronic sinus issues , Claustrophobia, Depression , Deviated septum ,Down syndrome,Dysautonomia, Emphysema,Epilepsy, can’t be bothered to write the rest but there is another 20 reasons "

Are you saying mental illness is pretty much the only reason for not wearing a mask. Tbh, I've got to agree!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Broadstairs

"Reasons not to have to wear a mask. Ahd ,agoraphobia,Anxiety,Autism,Chronic sinus issues , Claustrophobia, Depression , Deviated septum ,Down syndrome,Dysautonomia, Emphysema,Epilepsy, can’t be bothered to write the rest but there is another 20 reasons

Are you saying mental illness is pretty much the only reason for not wearing a mask. Tbh, I've got to agree! "

no there are loads of valid reasons not to have to wear a mask the above is just a sample there at least 20 other reasons Hypoxia ,Hyperhydrosis, Lund disease , panic attack , lung cancer , pleurisy ,

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"Reasons not to have to wear a mask. Ahd ,agoraphobia,Anxiety,Autism,Chronic sinus issues , Claustrophobia, Depression , Deviated septum ,Down syndrome,Dysautonomia, Emphysema,Epilepsy, can’t be bothered to write the rest but there is another 20 reasons

Are you saying mental illness is pretty much the only reason for not wearing a mask. Tbh, I've got to agree! no there are loads of valid reasons not to have to wear a mask the above is just a sample there at least 20 other reasons Hypoxia ,Hyperhydrosis, Lund disease , panic attack , lung cancer , pleurisy , "

Ahhh I see. You meant illnesses that force you to isolate. You're right, if you're in isolation you don't need to wear one. Just don't let these folks out! Isolate them by force, to protect themselves from themselves. Or they could wear a visor?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Broadstairs

Are you saying mental illness is pretty much the only reason for not wearing a mask. Tbh, I've got to agree! no there are loads of valid reasons not to have to wear a mask the above is just a sample there at least 20 other reasons Hypoxia ,Hyperhydrosis, Lund disease , panic attack , lung cancer , pleurisy ,

Ahhh I see. You meant illnesses that force you to isolate. You're right, if you're in isolation you don't need to wear one. Just don't let these folks out! Isolate them by force, to protect themselves from themselves. Or they could wear a visor? "

These reasons you can go out without a mask there’s plenty more

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Are you saying mental illness is pretty much the only reason for not wearing a mask. Tbh, I've got to agree! no there are loads of valid reasons not to have to wear a mask the above is just a sample there at least 20 other reasons Hypoxia ,Hyperhydrosis, Lund disease , panic attack , lung cancer , pleurisy ,

Ahhh I see. You meant illnesses that force you to isolate. You're right, if you're in isolation you don't need to wear one. Just don't let these folks out! Isolate them by force, to protect themselves from themselves. Or they could wear a visor? These reasons you can go out without a mask there’s plenty more "

Why don't they wear a visor then? What diseases stop that! These are the folk who need protection, surely?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Broadstairs

Ahhh I see. You meant illnesses that force you to isolate. You're right, if you're in isolation you don't need to wear one. Just don't let these folks out! Isolate them by force, to protect themselves from themselves. Or they could wear a visor? These reasons you can go out without a mask there’s plenty more

Why don't they wear a visor then? What diseases stop that! These are the folk who need protection, surely? "

There’s plenty more reasons visors are totally useless

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Ahhh I see. You meant illnesses that force you to isolate. You're right, if you're in isolation you don't need to wear one. Just don't let these folks out! Isolate them by force, to protect themselves from themselves. Or they could wear a visor? These reasons you can go out without a mask there’s plenty more

Why don't they wear a visor then? What diseases stop that! These are the folk who need protection, surely? There’s plenty more reasons visors are totally useless "

Have you told this to the health services who wear them? You need to educate the medical profession. Btw, I'm covered by your list of "exemptions" but I wear a mask to protect others

Reply privately

over a year ago

Broadstairs

Why don't they wear a visor then? What diseases stop that! These are the folk who need protection, surely? There’s plenty more reasons visors are totally useless

Have you told this to the health services who wear them? You need to educate the medical profession. Btw, I'm covered by your list of "exemptions" but I wear a mask to protect others "

Good for you

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Why don't they wear a visor then? What diseases stop that! These are the folk who need protection, surely? There’s plenty more reasons visors are totally useless

Have you told this to the health services who wear them? You need to educate the medical profession. Btw, I'm covered by your list of "exemptions" but I wear a mask to protect others Good for you "

Thx. Im just a normal fella, who does his tiny bit to try and help.

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

Police . Why aren't you wearing a seatbelt

You. I'm exempt

Police . Why

You .none of your business

Police. Here's your £100 fixed penalty notice

Time to get tough on those suffering from idontcareism

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"Police . Why aren't you wearing a seatbelt

You. I'm exempt

Police . Why

Time to get tough on those suffering from idontcareism"

But they're "entitled"

Reply privately

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I wear mine when out and about even at work. I hate it as my glasses steam up but it makes me feel a little safer. Anybody not wearing one when they should should be fined more than £100

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

You. I'm exempt

Police . Why

But they're "entitled" "

In my opinion anyone not wearing a mask is a criminal (also in the eyes of the law), no better than a shoplifter or thief and should be held accountable. We're far too soft with them. Get it done !!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Broadstairs

"I wear mine when out and about even at work. I hate it as my glasses steam up but it makes me feel a little safer. Anybody not wearing one when they should should be fined more than £100"
Unless they have one of 30 plus reasons that make them exempt

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"I wear mine when out and about even at work. I hate it as my glasses steam up but it makes me feel a little safer. Anybody not wearing one when they should should be fined more than £100"

£100 for not wearing one and £1000 for refusing to wear one when challenged would be a start.

Exemptions should be proven not assumed

Reply privately

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

"I wear mine when out and about even at work. I hate it as my glasses steam up but it makes me feel a little safer. Anybody not wearing one when they should should be fined more than £100 Unless they have one of 30 plus reasons that make them exempt "

Well all those that are exempt can still wear a face shield

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"I wear mine when out and about even at work. I hate it as my glasses steam up but it makes me feel a little safer. Anybody not wearing one when they should should be fined more than £100 Unless they have one of 30 plus reasons that make them exempt "

If people genuinely can't wear a mask, they should be kept away from the the rest of society. Anyone without a mask should be prosecuted.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Broadstairs

"I wear mine when out and about even at work. I hate it as my glasses steam up but it makes me feel a little safer. Anybody not wearing one when they should should be fined more than £100 Unless they have one of 30 plus reasons that make them exempt

If people genuinely can't wear a mask, they should be kept away from the the rest of society. Anyone without a mask should be prosecuted. "

making your own rules up ?? There 30 plus exemptions that are lawful

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"I wear mine when out and about even at work. I hate it as my glasses steam up but it makes me feel a little safer. Anybody not wearing one when they should should be fined more than £100 Unless they have one of 30 plus reasons that make them exempt

If people genuinely can't wear a mask, they should be kept away from the the rest of society. Anyone without a mask should be prosecuted. making your own rules up ?? There 30 plus exemptions that are lawful "

My rules so I don't risk their health. And yes, if they break the law, they shoulders be treated like everyone else. The truth is that 99.9%,can wear a mask. I just get sick of entitled covidiots, risking other people's health.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Broadstairs

If people genuinely can't wear a mask, they should be kept away from the the rest of society. Anyone without a mask should be prosecuted. making your own rules up ?? There 30 plus exemptions that are lawful

My rules so I don't risk their health. And yes, if they break the law, they shoulders be treated like everyone else. The truth is that 99.9%,can wear a mask. I just get sick of entitled covidiots, risking other people's health. "

Where did you get your figures from that 99 per cent can wear masks ??

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

If people genuinely can't wear a mask, they should be kept away from the the rest of society. Anyone without a mask should be prosecuted. making your own rules up ?? There 30 plus exemptions that are lawful

My rules so I don't risk their health. And yes, if they break the law, they shoulders be treated like everyone else. The truth is that 99.9%,can wear a mask. I just get sick of entitled covidiots, risking other people's health. Where did you get your figures from that 99 per cent can wear masks ??"

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

If people genuinely can't wear a mask, they should be kept away from the the rest of society. Anyone without a mask should be prosecuted. making your own rules up ?? There 30 plus exemptions that are lawful "

Nobody is arguing about the legality of exemptions, it's the tossers that "claim" to be exempt that are fit as butchers dogs.

Although Asthma UK clearly state that having asthma is isn't reason to not wear face covering.

Sorry documents or mask period.

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

My rules so I don't risk their health. And yes, if they break the law, they shoulders be treated like everyone else. The truth is that 99.9%,can wear a mask. I just get sick of entitled covidiots, risking other people's health. Where did you get your figures from that 99 per cent can wear masks ??"

The same paper as your info that says this isn't correct. Please enlighten me on the exact percentage

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nobody is arguing about the legality of exemptions, it's the tossers that "claim" to be exempt that are fit as butchers dogs.

Although Asthma UK clearly state that having asthma is isn't reason to not wear face covering.

Sorry documents or mask period."

Does the site still have a link to print out a exemption certificate?

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

The document need not state the reasonfir exemptions but should be signed by a doctor, solicitor, bank official, police officer or someone of social responsibility and forgery should carry a minimum 7 days imprisonment or £5000 fine

Get it done

Reply privately

over a year ago

1 - No.

"

I appreciate what you are saying but the argument is that the health and safety of the nation and saving lives comes above whether people should disclose their exemption or not. Trouble is to many people are making out they have an exemption when in fact they do t. It's the way people are in this country and please don't ask me for my evidence on this. It's fact. You only have To go along to my local corner shop to see it happening.

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

1 - No.

I appreciate what you are saying but the argument is that the health and safety of the nation and saving lives comes above whether people should disclose their exemption or not. Trouble is to many people are making out they have an exemption when in fact they do t. It's the way people are in this country and please don't ask me for my evidence on this. It's fact. You only have To go along to my local corner shop to see it happening. "

This is the action we need ...

Quote from the metro newspaper

Four members of the same family who tried to use forged disabled badges to avoid paying £12 for parking have been fined almost £3,000.

Te**" **er, 71, and his wife D***rah, 56, made copies of his mother and uncle’s disabled parking badges by scanning them and printing them out at the library, Portsmouth Magistrates’ Court heard.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

You. I'm exempt

Police . Why

But they're "entitled"

In my opinion anyone not wearing a mask is a criminal (also in the eyes of the law), no better than a shoplifter or thief and should be held accountable. We're far too soft with them. Get it done !!!"

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I wear mine when out and about even at work. I hate it as my glasses steam up but it makes me feel a little safer. Anybody not wearing one when they should should be fined more than £100

£100 for not wearing one and £1000 for refusing to wear one when challenged would be a start.

Exemptions should be proven not assumed"

What a load of bull!

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Well all those that are exempt can still wear a face shield"

Totally agree, but they moan about that, and suddenly say "but I'm entitled"

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Totally agree, but they moan about that, and suddenly say "but I'm entitled" "

That's why they won't wear visors. Surely if they're ill, they'd be happy to be protected. The covidiots have ruined it for the vulnerable people now, with all this "but I don't want to wear a mask"

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"I wear mine when out and about even at work. I hate it as my glasses steam up but it makes me feel a little safer. Anybody not wearing one when they should should be fined more than £100

What a load of bull!"

Why ?

Do you support criminal activity ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Broadstairs

Totally agree, but they moan about that, and suddenly say "but I'm entitled" "

Those that are exempt legally do not have to wear a face mask

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Totally agree, but they moan about that, and suddenly say "but I'm entitled" Those that are exempt legally do not have to wear a face mask "

What I'm saying is nobody believes anyone without a mask now!

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

What a load of bull!

Why ?

Do you support criminal activity ?"

Because people with disabilities should not b singled out ! Should not have to prove anything!

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Totally agree, but they moan about that, and suddenly say "but I'm entitled" Those that are exempt legally do not have to wear a face mask

What I'm saying is nobody believes anyone without a mask now! "

Or maybe some people should just mind their business?

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Totally agree, but they moan about that, and suddenly say "but I'm entitled" Those that are exempt legally do not have to wear a face mask

Or maybe some people should just mind their business?"

Well butt out then!

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

Yes. I wear one in all the right places and have started wearing it in Q's.

My Husband has Asthma and though exempt he still wears a mask. (taking the attitude that he probably needs more protection).

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Well butt out then! "

I will ig u will!

Reply privately

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

What a load of bull!

Why ?

Do you support criminal activity ?"

Do you?

Reply privately

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

What a load of bull!

Why ?

Do you? "

I’ll crack on without your answer, your point is that you don’t and cast judgement on others.... your trip out to Ards Pensinsula where you were “nearly busted” could have been considered an offence. People in glass houses....

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Well butt out then!

I will ig u will! "

Not like discussion and debate then? I do. You don't have to follow my lead and only do things if I do!

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Well butt out then!

I will ig u will!

Not like discussion and debate then? I do. You don't have to follow my lead and only do things if I do! "

Love a good debate yes! And I sure wouldn't follow your lead lol!

Reply privately

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman
over a year ago

The place where fairies live

1 - No.

"

It clearly states that he is only asking those who Do Not have a valid reason to state why they don't.. The first paragraph of his post..

Nothing to do with anyone who has a valid reason..

Reply privately

By *rauntonbananaMan
over a year ago

Braunton

I can’t wear a mask as I recently had a golf ball sided tumour and most of the bone removed from my maxillary sinus. Despite wearing a lanyard I still get some filthy looks when I’m out from the face mask Stazi...I getting to the point where I’m considering have a t-shirt printed with “exempt due to face cancer “ printed on it. I’d just like the face mask Stazi to go though 5 minutes of the pain I experienced for a month following the operation #mindyourownbusiness

Reply privately

By *ent in BlackMan
over a year ago

Silsden

Yes without fail.

Reply privately

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman
over a year ago

"If you can't /won't wear a mask when in public and can't social distance, why not wear a full face visor? Any thoughts? No problems then? "

I found masks too hot on my face.. I wear a visor now which is great

Reply privately

By *aCaiMan
over a year ago

Telford

I wear a face mask for most of the day work requires I wear one continuously throughout the day. And I also carry one with me for entering shops etc

Reply privately

over a year ago

But I respect and care for other peoples health I am not a born again twat.

So your exemptions bollocks then? Oh and in question to your answer... what are you?!"

Why is it bollocks ? The poster has pointed out that although they COULD use a medical exemption they choose not to as they are choosing to try to think of the majority, as opposed to just themselves.

Would masks help if everybody who DIDNT have a genuine exemption, actually wear them - I’ve no idea. But until you try you don’t know - process of elimination.

Yes people are sick of the contradictory advice/rules etc etc - but the “fuck it I’m alright jack” attitude so prevalent in society is PERHAPS contributing to a second spike. And how many of the people who are ignoring advice/rules were stood outside supermarkets slagging off other people for stockpiling earlier in the year? Would they be the same people who if THEY, or somebody close to them, fell seriously ill with Covid because they’d been in contact with people who didn’t think the rules should apply to them, would then be complaining that people had been selfish?

Reply privately

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman
over a year ago

"Well said Tom and Lisa.

I don't wear one, simply because it's all bollox and scaremongering. If masks work then there's no need to distance. If distancing works then there's no need for masks. Clearly neither work and neither do lockdowns. Remove restrictions, end the pointless lockdowns, learn to live with the virus and we're back to normal overnight. "

Yet another Individual who can't read to the end. Similar to the guys who don't read your profile and still message you!

Reply privately

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman
over a year ago

Try a visor.. Or different masks. I wear glasses and my masks don't make my glasses steam up.

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Well butt out then!

I will ig u will!

Not like discussion and debate then? I do. You don't have to follow my lead and only do things if I do!

Love a good debate yes! And I sure wouldn't follow your lead lol!"

I don't believe you like a discussion when you say "mind your own business"

And you openly say "I will if you do"

You need to think carefully about what you say if you want me to take you serious

Reply privately

By *edVelveteenCouple
over a year ago

Heaven in the Midlands

Ugh, cant we all be a little precious! The OP asked for responses from those who make the decision to not wear a mask. Therefore, ones who are exempt need not have replied and we didn't need to go into all the 'it's my business, not yours' malarkey. I think the fellow from the US may be right suggesting the biggest problem is we're being told to wear them and we don't like being told what to do, do we.

Reply privately

By *aCaiMan
over a year ago

Telford

"Ugh, cant we all be a little precious! The OP asked for responses from those who make the decision to not wear a mask. Therefore, ones who are exempt need not have replied and we didn't need to go into all the 'it's my business, not yours' malarkey. I think the fellow from the US may be right suggesting the biggest problem is we're being told to wear them and we don't like being told what to do, do we."

Some people thrive when being told what to do

Reply privately

By *rx1Couple
over a year ago

North West Devon...

1 - No.

If you have No medical reason, for not wearing one, Then you should be wearing one.

It has everything to do with everybody, after all you are risking them without any reason at all.

Yesterday we had a young couple behind us, entering a shop. The female said to her boyfriend "oh shit we have left our masks in the car"

He replied " never mind, if anyone asks, we have asthma"

How embarrassing for them, when a Guy standing behind them was one of my Husband's ex colleagues and pulled out his Warrant Card and gave them a bollocking.

Serves the twats right.

Reply privately

By *rauntonbananaMan
over a year ago

Braunton

Of course not, and neither should a mask wearer!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have chronic, badly controlled asthma, wearing a mask makes it very difficult to breathe.

I'm exempt.

I do usually wear one in shops unless im in there for a while.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes there is my oxygen levels go down when i wear one and i can only wear one for a short time due to this.

Reply privately

By *yn drwgMan
over a year ago

Camarthen

What evidence is there that face masks Which are (worn incorrectly) actually make a difference when infection rates have risen since they were introduced.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"For the the people who say they "can't", if they are that ill, they should be isolating! Surely? "

Do you mean shielding ? You isolate when you have covid 19 or have had close contact with someone with it.

Shielding has ended now for most people. I wouldnt get paid nor get food etc if i shielded now.

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

I have chronic, badly controlled asthma, wearing a mask makes it very difficult to breathe.

I'm exempt.

I do usually wear one in shops unless im in there for a while."

Very sensible. I'm exempt too, but I always wear one

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"What evidence is there that face masks Which are (worn incorrectly) actually make a difference when infection rates have risen since they were introduced. "

Google is your friend.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wear a face mask almost all day, because of my job and anyone that doesn’t wear one where they should, unless it’s for a medical reason, is stupid

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't wear a mask because it's against my freedom.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Aye.

I wear a mask.

"

Nice !

Reply privately

over a year ago

FUCK ..... there are some dickheads on here!

WHERE A MASK!??

UNLESS YOU ARE EXEMPT!

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"What evidence is there that face masks Which are (worn incorrectly) actually make a difference when infection rates have risen since they were introduced.

Google is your friend. "

Totally agree. People should wear them correctly, ie, not under their chin etc. Absolutely useless when worn like this

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are you saying mental illness is pretty much the only reason for not wearing a mask. Tbh, I've got to agree! no there are loads of valid reasons not to have to wear a mask the above is just a sample there at least 20 other reasons Hypoxia ,Hyperhydrosis, Lund disease , panic attack , lung cancer , pleurisy , "

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"For the the people who say they "can't", if they are that ill, they should be isolating! Surely?

Do you mean shielding ? You isolate when you have covid 19 or have had close contact with someone with it.

Shielding has ended now for most people. I wouldnt get paid nor get food etc if i shielded now."

No, I mean isolating themselves away from the virus. I think the food /pay thing is a little dramatic. I'm sure you could have your food delivered and that benefits would be available.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What I'm saying is nobody believes anyone without a mask now! "

I do !

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Could wear a full face visor which will not impinge on any medical condition.

Enough people wear motorcycle crash helmets which sit close to their faces without an issue.

There are three options, face mask, face visor or clear mouth and nose guard..

Of those options, there must be one to suit everyone..

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

I do !"

Thank god there's one!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"For the the people who say they "can't", if they are that ill, they should be isolating! Surely?

Shielding has ended now for most people. I wouldnt get paid nor get food etc if i shielded now.

No, I mean isolating themselves away from the virus. I think the food /pay thing is a little dramatic. I'm sure you could have your food delivered and that benefits would be available. "

I wouldnt get paid and benefits take a while to sort out. Im unable to get a food delivety slot. Also i would lose my job as i dont have a legal reason to isolate. I can only legally isolate if i have covid or i have been in contact with someone with it.

I had the shielding letter but that ended ages ago .... although i didnt shield anyway, i carried on working as im an essential worker.

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

No, I mean isolating themselves away from the virus. I think the food /pay thing is a little dramatic. I'm sure you could have your food delivered and that benefits would be available.

I wouldnt get paid and benefits take a while to sort out. Im unable to get a food delivety slot. Also i would lose my job as i dont have a legal reason to isolate. I can only legally isolate if i have covid or i have been in contact with someone with it.

I had the shielding letter but that ended ages ago .... although i didnt shield anyway, i carried on working as im an essential worker. "

Benefits are giving money up front, so no worry there. Are you really not able to get any food delivered? The supermarkets all deliver! Community helpers will shop and deliver to you. Where do you live not to be able to get food delivered? Have you tried? Contact your local food bank, they deliver. I think you have lots of options but you won't take them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ever since this pandemic happened I've been working in retail non-stop them out of people I see that don't wear a mask because of reasons they are risking themselves. Unfortunately there is always going to be that one person that doesn't follow the rules and until we do something about it it this is just going to be going on and on and on and on

Reply privately

By *taryscorpCouple
over a year ago

boston

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

I had the shielding letter but that ended ages ago .... although i didnt shield anyway, i carried on working as im an essential worker.

Benefits are giving money up front, so no worry there. Are you really not able to get any food delivered? The supermarkets all deliver! Community helpers will shop and deliver to you. Where do you live not to be able to get food delivered? Have you tried? Contact your local food bank, they deliver. I think you have lots of options but you won't take them "

Dont b ridiculous! Benefits do not get paid up front I had to wait 5 weeks when I got made redundant after being on furlough! I had got another job before I received anything! And as said they have a job they dont wish to loose !

Reply privately

By *taryscorpCouple
over a year ago

boston

Could wear a full face visor which will not impinge on any medical condition.

Enough people wear motorcycle crash helmets which sit close to their faces without an issue.

There are three options, face mask, face visor or clear mouth and nose guard..

Of those options, there must be one to suit everyone..

"

And our daughter cannot use any of them

Reply privately

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Yes I do xx

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more "

So they need to wear a visor! But no! I can't do that because, ,

Fill in a crazy reason of your own!

Reply privately

By *taryscorpCouple
over a year ago

boston

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more

Fill in a crazy reason of your own! "

Do you even know what central sensitisation is ?

Going by that last comment I will take that as a no

Reply privately

over a year ago

Benefits are giving money up front, so no worry there. Are you really not able to get any food delivered? The supermarkets all deliver! Community helpers will shop and deliver to you. Where do you live not to be able to get food delivered? Have you tried? Contact your local food bank, they deliver. I think you have lots of options but you won't take them "

I'm not bothering to give you the answers, you clearly have a gripe with my truthful reasons. Apart from saying ... i have a job, i want to keep it so i carry on going out into the world that seems to have a lot of idiots in it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Benefits are giving money up front, so no worry there. Are you really not able to get any food delivered? The supermarkets all deliver! Community helpers will shop and deliver to you. Where do you live not to be able to get food delivered? Have you tried? Contact your local food bank, they deliver. I think you have lots of options but you won't take them

Dont b ridiculous! Benefits do not get paid up front I had to wait 5 weeks when I got made redundant after being on furlough! I had got another job before I received anything! And as said they have a job they dont wish to loose ! "

Reply privately

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

"FUCK ..... there are some dickheads on here!

WHERE A MASK!??

UNLESS YOU ARE EXEMPT! "

WEAR!

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more

Going by that last comment I will take that as a no "

OK, Cs can cause chronic pain even just wearing clothing. Should they strip naked as well?

If they truly are this bad, this condition puts you in hospital. If they can happily go out out socialising, shopping etc, yes they are fine to wear a visor

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Dont b ridiculous! Benefits do not get paid up front I had to wait 5 weeks when I got made redundant after being on furlough! I had got another job before I received anything! And as said they have a job they dont wish to loose !

"

Wrong. They should be telling you, and your first payment is now days not weeks if you choose. The money is taken of your benefits at a rate of £35 month. Any left owing is taken out of your final payment. This should have been explained to you on the first phone call to you after applying online. Most folk I know who've lost thier jobs have taken this offer up. As for a job, with no sick pay, how would they manage if they caught the virus? They might have to take months off. Or worse with being vulnerable. My health is worth more than a job with no sick pay.

Reply privately

By *taryscorpCouple
over a year ago

boston

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more

OK, Cs can cause chronic pain even just wearing clothing. Should they strip naked as well?

If they truly are this bad, this condition puts you in hospital. If they can happily go out out socialising, shopping etc, yes they are fine to wear a visor "

Our daughter as cs nothing can touch her face even the wind hurts her

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Wrong. They should be telling you, and your first payment is now days not weeks if you choose. The money is taken of your benefits at a rate of £35 month. Any left owing is taken out of your final payment. This should have been explained to you on the first phone call to you after applying online. Most folk I know who've lost thier jobs have taken this offer up. As for a job, with no sick pay, how would they manage if they caught the virus? They might have to take months off. Or worse with being vulnerable. My health is worth more than a job with no sick pay. "

I'm done with u! Some people just wont listen to others! Have a fabby life ! Lol x

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Wrong. They should be telling you, and your first payment is now days not weeks if you choose. The money is taken of your benefits at a rate of £35 month. Any left owing is taken out of your final payment. This should have been explained to you on the first phone call to you after applying online. Most folk I know who've lost thier jobs have taken this offer up. As for a job, with no sick pay, how would they manage if they caught the virus? They might have to take months off. Or worse with being vulnerable. My health is worth more than a job with no sick pay.

I'm done with u! Some people just wont listen to others! Have a fabby life ! Lol x"

Don't get your knickers in a twist dear

But I've got to agree, some folk won't listen to others It's only debating

Reply privately

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

Slightly off topic, my sister got sent through £1,200+ as part of the help for the self employed (can’t remember what the scheme is called) with all this Covid malarkey. She’s self-employed and works from home but has been completely unaffected throughout the last seven months. Her husband earns six figures and she was saying she doesn’t even need the money.

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

Totally agree, but they moan about that, and suddenly say "but I'm entitled" Those that are exempt legally do not have to wear a face mask "

Those that are legally exepmt yes, not those that claim to be exempt but won't say why are a bunch of criminals and should be treated as shcby

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more "

Two young nephews both with autism and love their masks so you can take that out as a "general" exemption

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more

If they truly are this bad, this condition puts you in hospital. If they can happily go out out socialising, shopping etc, yes they are fine to wear a visor

Our daughter as cs nothing can touch her face even the wind hurts her "

And I'm sure her gp or pharmacist would sign an exemption if it's that bad so no problem.

Reply privately

By *taryscorpCouple
over a year ago

boston

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more

Two young nephews both with autism and love their masks so you can take that out as a "general" exemption"

Every one with autism is different

Some can some can't

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

Dont b ridiculous! Benefits do not get paid up front I had to wait 5 weeks when I got made redundant after being on furlough! I had got another job before I received anything! And as said they have a job they dont wish to loose ! "

Then perhaps a visor wouldn't be such a big deal ?

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

What a load of bull!

Why ?

Because people with disabilities should not b singled out ! Should not have to prove anything! "

of course they should have to prove it, it's the only way to stop the fakes

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Then perhaps a visor wouldn't be such a big deal ?"

cant find a roll eye emoji this will have to do!

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

of course they should have to prove it, it's the only way to stop the fakes"

from .gov

Exemption:

'Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should not be routinely asked to give any written evidence of this, this includes exemption cards. No person needs to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about their reason for not wearing a face covering.

Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.'

This is a personal choice and is not necessary in law.

Reply privately

By *taryscorpCouple
over a year ago

boston

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more

And I'm sure her gp or pharmacist would sign an exemption if it's that bad so no problem."

Sheffield children's hospital and great ormond street hospital both say there is no law for anyone to ask her for a exemption

If a law is made then they will start to issue them

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"

from .gov

Exemption:

'Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should not be routinely asked to give any written evidence of this, this includes exemption cards. No person needs to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about their reason for not wearing a face covering.

Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.'

"

Then the government advice needs to be changed and that's what we've been saying all through the thread.

Not treating people like the criminals they are isn't helping

Reply privately

By *taryscorpCouple
over a year ago

boston

"

from .gov

Exemption:

"

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"

Not treating people like the criminals they are isn't helping"

But if it's not illegal - they are not criminals.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#exemptions

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wrong. They should be telling you, and your first payment is now days not weeks if you choose. The money is taken of your benefits at a rate of £35 month. Any left owing is taken out of your final payment. This should have been explained to you on the first phone call to you after applying online. Most folk I know who've lost thier jobs have taken this offer up. As for a job, with no sick pay, how would they manage if they caught the virus? They might have to take months off. Or worse with being vulnerable. My health is worth more than a job with no sick pay. "

I get paid sick pay, full amount. Id get paid for shielding, as i recieved the shielding letter but that has ended now. I would get paid if i was isolating due to having contact with someone with covid. I WOULDNT get paid if i decided to isolate simply to avoid wearing a mask. I cant work from home as im a nursery nurse.

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more

Our daughter as cs nothing can touch her face even the wind hurts her "

This is why visors have been suggested. So nothing would touch her face.

Reply privately

By *taryscorpCouple
over a year ago

boston

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more

This is why visors have been suggested. So nothing would touch her face. "

but they do touch the face

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more

This is why visors have been suggested. So nothing would touch her face. but they do touch the face "

Hmmm. I've wore them for years. If you look at the front strap, it articulates so they don't touch the skin. They can just sit on hair

Reply privately

By *taryscorpCouple
over a year ago

boston

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more

This is why visors have been suggested. So nothing would touch her face. but they do touch the face

Hmmm. I've wore them for years. If you look at the front strap, it articulates so they don't touch the skin. They can just sit on hair "

All the ones we have seen they touch the forehead

Reply privately

over a year ago

If there were any actual studies that showed it working I'd be with them, the study done on them for flu a few years back showed no effect, in a theatre under proper medical supervision and use there's a slight effect but not much, there was much research published in the bjm five years ago in there roll in theatre, the argument wasn't strong but in the end they opted to keep them in use in theatre.

Outside of theatre, in and out of pockets, not washed properly, handled by hands that are possibly contaminated with sars-cov2 and worn incorrectly there more than likely causing as more problems than the little bit effect they have which is why every single health authority from the who to the CDC to public health England said don't bother at the beginning of this Pandemic, where they suddenly found new evidence from to support it now who knows but I suppose it's a good marker for compliance in the population.

Reply privately

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Central sensitisation

Autism

That's 2 more

This is why visors have been suggested. So nothing would touch her face. but they do touch the face

Hmmm. I've wore them for years. If you look at the front strap, it articulates so they don't touch the skin. They can just sit on hair

All the ones we have seen they touch the forehead "

I've not seen a non pivotal one. The other good reason is that it will keep wind off her face. Look at the ones with the softest foam on the bands too. I can't feel one being worn after a minute or two

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My pal purposely stands next to people without masks and farts by them, followed by eye to eye contact. He says his his "right" to make people who don't wear masks to do this! "

I had a moron do this to me when I was sat on a bench on with my housemate. We had our bandanas off and were eating.

Idiot thought it was funny to sit next to me and fart and tap at his mask. He didn’t find it funny when my milk shake slipped out my hand all over him

Reply privately