Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Extinction - The facts

Jump to newest

By *arahspice OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brighton

I finally watched this on i player and it really puts the Covid epedemic into perspective .

We have seen nothing yet if we carry on with our out of control consumerism and greed driven way of life

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't tell me it's all fire and brimstone and avoiding it will take retribution and salvation.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Cat's and dog's living together,fire raining down.

You know real wrath of God type stuff...

over a year ago

"Cat's and dog's living together,fire raining down.

You know real wrath of God type stuffed..."

They never really took religion out of the masses, nearly every cult uses the same principles, you've been bad and you need to atone or else.

over a year ago

You know real wrath of God type stuff..."

Who you gonna call ? Lol

By *eter pepper 77Man
over a year ago

kelsall

I think religion has caused enough problems over the decades ,

over a year ago

"I finally watched this on i player and it really puts the Covid epedemic into perspective .

We have seen nothing yet if we carry on with our out of control consumerism and greed driven way of life "

Not seen it but I was going to dismiss it out of hand until I saw it has "Facts" in the title so it must be true

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman
over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

Feel like I want to sing I see fire by ed Sheeran

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

You know real wrath of God type stuffed...

They never really took religion out of the masses, nearly every cult uses the same principles, you've been bad and you need to atone or else."

Is the program about religion? I thought it was about the harm we are doing to our environment from the great God of amazon

By *ookMan
over a year ago

london

Overpopulation is muted to be the biggest problem we face... the virus seems to be having an impact on that. I don’t believe in the religious bit but it obvious humans are not doing a good job of looking after the planet when we can’t even manage visits to put a mask on when walking round Tesco’s .

over a year ago

Brighton

"Overpopulation is muted to be the biggest problem we face... the virus seems to be having an impact on that. I don’t believe in the religious bit but it obvious humans are not doing a good job of looking after the planet when we can’t even manage visits to put a mask on when walking round Tesco’s ."

It's nothing to do with religion Great viewing for those that worship Attenborough I suppose though lol

Its focusing from my point of view on what consumers and the drive for ever increased profitability from global economies and big businesses and the resulting devastation to the biodiversity of the planet .

over a year ago

Brighton

You know real wrath of God type stuff..."

However you may need to use your "brain" so maybe some should give it a miss ?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

The title makes me laugh . . .

'Extinction - The facts'

How could there possibly be any FACTS as nobody would be/have been around to write them, much less make films about them.

Another Attenborough money maker full of conjecture and what ifs.

Manna for the Masses.

over a year ago

Brighton

"The title makes me laugh . . .

'Extinction - The facts'

How could there possibly be any FACTS as nobody would be/have been around to write them, much less make films about them.

Manna for the Masses.

"

Maybe the other Attenborough film "put your head in the sand" would be more appropriate for some lol

By *urekamanfor2Man
over a year ago

Shoreham

'Extinction - The facts'

Manna for the Masses.

"

Only the facts that many species have gone and are going extinct!! Or is that another fact you wish to turn a blind eye too ?

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

'Extinction - The facts'

Manna for the Masses.

"

I think you are mixing up the 2 Attenborough's?

David is the well respected and generally trusted natural historian and basically Factual.

Richard Attenborough in Durassic Park is fiction BTW

By *urekamanfor2Man
over a year ago

Shoreham

'Extinction - The facts'

Manna for the Masses.

I think you are mixing up the 2 Attenborough's?

David is the well respected and generally trusted natural historian and basically Factual.

Richard Attenborough in Durassic Park is fiction BTW "

It just shows you the type of people that the government is dealing with . How our education has gone downhill to the extent it has is beyond belief. Or are some born stupid ?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

'Extinction - The facts'

Manna for the Masses.

Maybe the other Attenborough film "put your head in the sand" would be more appropriate for some lol"

Yup would you star in it?

By *urekamanfor2Man
over a year ago

Shoreham

'Extinction - The facts'

Manna for the Masses.

Maybe the other Attenborough film "put your head in the sand" would be more appropriate for some lol

Yup would you star in it? "

You got it wrong again unfortunately

I think you were the one showing your head in the sand though?

By *urekamanfor2Man
over a year ago

Shoreham

'Extinction - The facts'

Manna for the Masses.

I blame education.....

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

'Extinction - The facts'

Manna for the Masses.

You got it wrong again unfortunately

I think you were the one showing your head in the sand though? "

As if I care what you think!

By *urekamanfor2Man
over a year ago

Shoreham

'Extinction - The facts'

Manna for the Masses.

I blame education.....

By *urekamanfor2Man
over a year ago

Shoreham

'Extinction - The facts'

Manna for the Masses.

I blame education..... "

We all need to look outside our own little lives and see the bigger picture

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

'Extinction - The facts'

Manna for the Masses.

I blame education.....

We all need to look outside our own little lives and see the bigger picture "

By *limmatureguyMan
over a year ago

Tonbridge

'Extinction - The facts'

Manna for the Masses.

I blame education.....

"

I don't get this 'we're all doomed mentality. The world is getting exponentially better. We have gone from living in caves and dying of disease and predation in our 30s, to a world of comparative luxury in a few thousand years. Whatever problems appear, humans solve them. Enjoy what you have and ignore the Chicken Littles.

over a year ago

You know real wrath of God type stuffed...

They never really took religion out of the masses, nearly every cult uses the same principles, you've been bad and you need to atone or else.

Is the program about religion? I thought it was about the harm we are doing to our environment from the great God of amazon"

There is no great God of the Amazon in terms of nature your life is no more significant than the sars-cov2 virus trying to replicate inside you and in the process harm you, life revolves around death and destruction in the main for without that there's no need for life, it is an ever turning circle, one with any luck you'll see turn 360,I say with luck because in terms of statistics most life doesn't even see out it's fragile childhood, were not controlling nature, it's controlling us, always has and always will, if the history of life was the equator our existence is about 3 steps around it.

over a year ago

What we need is another world war!

over a year ago

Brighton

'Extinction - The facts'

Manna for the Masses.

I blame education.....

I don't get this 'we're all doomed mentality. The world is getting exponentially better. We have gone from living in caves and dying of disease and predation in our 30s, to a world of comparative luxury in a few thousand years. Whatever problems appear, humans solve them. Enjoy what you have and ignore the Chicken Littles."

Unfortunately the world is being environmentally devastated by our "better" lifestyle. Once again that comment is really selfish and purely looking at your own tiny world rather than looking outside yourself

By *adysueandneroCouple
over a year ago

witney

We don't need to worry about saving the planet, once mankind is extinct the planet will recover.

over a year ago

This is not news news, has it taken covid to make people think about our natural environment. Insect and bird population has been reducing for decades because people are too tidy in their gardens etc. Our plantlife and trees and rivers etc have been altering due to increased use of chemicals. This really is old news but then Im more wrapped up in nature than society.

over a year ago

Brighton

"This is not news news, has it taken covid to make people think about our natural environment. Insect and bird population has been reducing for decades because people are too tidy in their gardens etc. Our plantlife and trees and rivers etc have been altering due to increased use of chemicals. This really is old news but then Im more wrapped up in nature than society. "

In many ways yes old news however after watching the program it was interesting to see how it does link us to more viruses which we had never come into contact with previously

over a year ago

"This is not news news, has it taken covid to make people think about our natural environment. Insect and bird population has been reducing for decades because people are too tidy in their gardens etc. Our plantlife and trees and rivers etc have been altering due to increased use of chemicals. This really is old news but then Im more wrapped up in nature than society.

In many ways yes old news however after watching the program it was interesting to see how it does link us to more viruses which we had never come into contact with previously "

But with our very ordered way of society producing a lower immunity..as a kid we were always out in the mud and the cold and the wet. I agree with what you re saying btw. I ve spent almost all my life outdoors in the thick of crap etc and I ve been ill when I was 5...appendicitus. I did read somewhere that some of the old virus and diseases were reappearing. Of course one must remember that many new species are been found. I ve not seen the film but my customer was horrified but in a different way. He is turning his farm back to the ild ways..medieval herbal meadows where the flowers treat cattle ailments through eating and where the grazing goes in one end and out tge other refertilising the ground. He rarely needs a vet and no wormers or fertilisers etc. What horrified him, if its the same Attenborough film is the lack of mention of the soils and the plants but a lot of how we should be growing our food in greenhouses etc and our livestock should be moved towards that American ideal of superfarms..he felt deflated. I manage the woods in the old manner and the increase in new residents nesting and more flowers etc is amazing. Just food for thought.

By *limmatureguyMan
over a year ago

Tonbridge

'Extinction - The facts'

Manna for the Masses.

I blame education.....

I don't get this 'we're all doomed mentality. The world is getting exponentially better. We have gone from living in caves and dying of disease and predation in our 30s, to a world of comparative luxury in a few thousand years. Whatever problems appear, humans solve them. Enjoy what you have and ignore the Chicken Littles.

Unfortunately the world is being environmentally devastated by our "better" lifestyle. Once again that comment is really selfish and purely looking at your own tiny world rather than looking outside yourself "

The planet has been here for billions of years and will be here for billions more. The only thing that matters to me is the four score and ten years which I hope to enjoy. If you spend your time worrying about what will happen long after you're dead then more fool you.

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

I think we all have a duty to pass on the planet in a sustainable way to our children rather than a selfish approach of only concerned about our own time here

Post new Message to Thread