Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

If a new strain of small pox stared woild u vaccinate

Jump to newest

By *ncutgem OP   Man
over a year ago

Bath ish

Small pox was NASTyYY and a horribly painful wat to die it was eradicated Only becaus enough were vaccinted It would not be so easy next time it seems FAR too many internet trained experts now

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

I'd happily take a small pox vaccine As I'm sure the vast amount of the population would. The anti-vaxxers could pretend they know better, and take their chances, but would be put in enforced lockdown

By *trangeleftyMan
over a year ago

London

Without a shadow of a doubt

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'd look at the research evidence and vaccinate if it seemed safe and effective. I'm certainly not in the antivax camp

By *rufinWoman
over a year ago

notts

Yep

There's a definite difference between something with a death rate of 30% and something with a death rate of 0.5%

I'd also be advocating strong lockdown

It's all about having a sense of proportion. This current pandemic barely even qualifies as scary for the over 80s.

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"Yep

There's a definite difference between something with a death rate of 30% and something with a death rate of 0.5%

It's all about having a sense of proportion. This current pandemic barely even qualifies as scary for the over 80s."

I'm sure the people in care homes think covid qualifies as scary.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Yep

It's all about having a sense of proportion. This current pandemic barely even qualifies as scary for the over 80s."

People working in hospitals see it a scary seeing as more are coming in yes some are getting treatment.

But for some it's the aftermath they are left with.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Yes I'd happily take a known researched vaccine.

I'm not being a guinea pig for a new vaccine and that a personal choice not an anti vax choice.

By *rufinWoman
over a year ago

notts

"Yep

It's all about having a sense of proportion. This current pandemic barely even qualifies as scary for the over 80s.

I'm sure the people in care homes think covid qualifies as scary. "

Are you sure? The older generation are often a lot tougher mentally than younger generations and have lived through things that count as seriously scary - my next door neighbours brother died of polio aged 8. He's not remotely scared of covid and just glad it isn't affecting the young. For those in care homes, the breach of human rights with no family visits for so long must be seriously upsetting and scary. How quick we are to lock people up for their own good. I can't see any of my older relatives being scared either. The ones still living in their 70s and 80s are all phlegmatic and not scared at all, think it's a ridiculous fuss and worry about their grandchildren's future. Luckily they are not in carehomes, they'd be furious - not scared - about the removal of their rights.

By *rufinWoman
over a year ago

notts

"Yep

People working in hospitals see it a scary seeing as more are coming in yes some are getting treatment.

But for some it's the aftermath they are left with. "

Yeah ... 30% death rate with lifelong scarring for survivors versus tiny death rate, average age of death 82, and if you survive (at those odds, pretty much a guarantee) 'feeling a bit tired for a few months'

Totes as terrifying as smallpox

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"Yep

Are you sure? The older generation are often a lot tougher mentally than younger generations and have lived through things that count as seriously scary - my next door neighbours brother died of polio aged 8. He's not remotely scared of covid and just glad it isn't affecting the young. For those in care homes, the breach of human rights with no family visits for so long must be seriously upsetting and scary. How quick we are to lock people up for their own good. I can't see any of my older relatives being scared either. The ones still living in their 70s and 80s are all phlegmatic and not scared at all, think it's a ridiculous fuss and worry about their grandchildren's future. Luckily they are not in carehomes, they'd be furious - not scared - about the removal of their rights.

"

Utter b/s. Talk to them in care homes and ask them!!

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"Yep

"

Utter b/s. Talk to them in care homes and ask them!!

Not one has even mentioned "Human Rights" you'll find they're not "entitled"

Post new Message to Thread