Briefing the media and hancock saying 'no decision has been made'

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Standing his ground.

Que standard response about him 'playing politics '

Gmnt playing the same trick again.

Briefing the media and hancock saying 'no decision has been made'"

Well the majority of the public in the area Burnham represents are in favour of doing whatever it takes to surpress the virus, so he should stop his power trip and get on with whats right. I used to have quiteva bit of respect for him, but lost it all now. He is playing with peoples lives. And don't go on about businesses etc as no government can or should be expected to save all of them during a crisis like this, its a shame but there it is.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Good man, standing up for the citizens of Manchester

over a year ago

I think he lacks the ability when it starts getting really tough...bit of a lightweight

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"Standing his ground.

Well the majority of the public in the area Burnham represents are in favour of doing whatever it takes to surpress the virus, so he should stop his power trip and get on with whats right. I used to have quiteva bit of respect for him, but lost it all now. He is playing with peoples lives. And don't go on about businesses etc as no government can or should be expected to save all of them during a crisis like this, its a shame but there it is."

How do you know that?

over a year ago

"Standing his ground.

Well the majority of the public in the area Burnham represents are in favour of doing whatever it takes to surpress the virus, so he should stop his power trip and get on with whats right. I used to have quiteva bit of respect for him, but lost it all now. He is playing with peoples lives. And don't go on about businesses etc as no government can or should be expected to save all of them during a crisis like this, its a shame but there it is.

How do you know that?"

There was a national poll by yougov and in every part of England and Wales the majority said they would be in support of lockdown rather than early closures/mixing rules etc.

By *atelotmanMan
over a year ago

Chatham

[Removed by poster at 15/10/20 18:08:09]

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"Standing his ground.

How do you know that?

There was a national poll by yougov and in every part of England and Wales the majority said they would be in support of lockdown rather than early closures/mixing rules etc."

There is massive opposition to the steps took in liverpool so they clearly didnt ask everyone.

over a year ago

"Standing his ground.

How do you know that?

There was a national poll by yougov and in every part of England and Wales the majority said they would be in support of lockdown rather than early closures/mixing rules etc.

There is massive opposition to the steps took in liverpool so they clearly didnt ask everyone. "

They ask a wide and varied population, not just the under 25's and business owners who, i grant you, are noisy in their (fruitless) objections.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"Standing his ground.

How do you know that?

There is massive opposition to the steps took in liverpool so they clearly didnt ask everyone.

They ask a wide and varied population, not just the under 25's and business owners who, i grant you, are noisy in their (fruitless) objections."

I'd say opinions are mixed.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"Standing his ground.

How do you know that?

They ask a wide and varied population, not just the under 25's and business owners who, i grant you, are noisy in their (fruitless) objections."

3,390 were asked for the YouGov poll.

In another poll, with more than 5 times the number of YouGov responses, 82% said they opposed a 2 week national lockdown .

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"Standing his ground.

How do you know that?

They ask a wide and varied population, not just the under 25's and business owners who, i grant you, are noisy in their (fruitless) objections.

In another poll, with more than 5 times the number of YouGov responses, 82% said they opposed a 2 week national lockdown .

"

And they supported the current measures?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

so he is prepared to risk peoples lives for political purposes unbelievable.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Off the record i think he is lovely.x

over a year ago

here

"Standing his ground.

How do you know that?

And they supported the current measures?"

The poll was a binary question .

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"so he is prepared to risk peoples lives for political purposes unbelievable."

A gmnt leaks a story to a paper before telling the people involved and its the politicians affected,who are playing politics .

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"Standing his ground.

How do you know that?

The poll was a binary question ."

So irrelevant to the point made.

over a year ago

"Off the record i think he is lovely.x"

You look quite good too

over a year ago

here

"Standing his ground.

How do you know that?

The poll was a binary question .

So irrelevant to the point made."

No

The yougov poll was also a binary question.

2 polls - 2 totally different outcomes - both supposedly representative of the country....

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

He's an utter dick.

A simple comparison is Leicester. It brought the numbers down fairly quickly from what was a rapid rise.

We were told during or just after this a more localised view of lockdown was going to be the programme going forward. London seem happy at the tier system yet Burhman is out on a limb.

Id like to see who is 'standing firm' with him, as I've heard no CBI no Federation of Businesses, not even Unions are coming out in putting signatures to paper.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

^ to add, he's not put any proposals forward of what he'd do to bring the numbers down, aside from Labours National Lockdown.

Essentially, he's wiping his hands of the health crisis.

over a year ago

here

"I think he lacks the ability when it starts getting really tough...bit of a lightweight"

I think he is doing ok. Always talks sensibly and clearly and more importantly he is consistent.

over a year ago

always liked him.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/10/20 19:14:12]

over a year ago

"He's an utter dick.

A simple comparison is Leicester. It brought the numbers down fairly quickly from what was a rapid rise.

We were told during or just after this a more localised view of lockdown was going to be the programme going forward. London seem happy at the tier system yet Burhman is out on a limb.

Id like to see who is 'standing firm' with him, as I've heard no CBI no Federation of Businesses, not even Unions are coming out in putting signatures to paper. "

The people of Leicester who were affected by their lockdown got a furlough payment of 80%, Bozo wants the good people of Manchester to survive off 67%

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"He's an utter dick.

Id like to see who is 'standing firm' with him, as I've heard no CBI no Federation of Businesses, not even Unions are coming out in putting signatures to paper.

The people of Leicester who were affected by their lockdown got a furlough payment of 80%, Bozo wants the good people of Manchester to survive off 67%

"

And this would be the third hospitality lockdown in Bolton too.......

over a year ago

"He's an utter dick.

And this would be the third hospitality lockdown in Bolton too....... "

Many Bolton businesses simply wont survive a 3rd closure especially now the compensation payments have dropped so significantly.

We fully support Andy Burnham and his stance, we may well have to go into another lockdown but if people are forced to close their businesses then they and their employees should be adequately compensated.

over a year ago

North West

"He's an utter dick.

And this would be the third hospitality lockdown in Bolton too.......

Many Bolton businesses simply wont survive a 3rd closure especially now the compensation payments have dropped so significantly.

We fully support Andy Burnham and his stance, we may well have to go into another lockdown but if people are forced to close their businesses then they and their employees should be adequately compensated."

Indeed, and the bit where we are (miles away from the hotspots) actually has very low incidence but lots of the hospitality venues have said they're on their last legs. Very difficult things to balance

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"He's an utter dick.

"

So people are only willing to abide by rules if you pay them?

Manchester isn't solely made up of a pub and hotel industry. Businesses are remote working, are able to put in mitigation measures, adapting their models or are actively employing.

The amount of money Burnham will have to spend (find), on the NHS Trusts across Gtr Mancs as a result of not promoting simple rules will be enormous, no doubt it'll be another ask in the very near future.

By *ussex team upMan
over a year ago

Sussex

"Standing his ground.

How do you know that?

There was a national poll by yougov and in every part of England and Wales the majority said they would be in support of lockdown rather than early closures/mixing rules etc."

Exactly and they polked a good cross section even the covidiots... a 2 week lockdown needs to be done now

over a year ago

"Off the record i think he is lovely.x"

Maybe he should run for mayor of Glasgow and visit the cities finest

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"^ to add, he's not put any proposals forward of what he'd do to bring the numbers down, aside from Labours National Lockdown.

Essentially, he's wiping his hands of the health crisis. "

I wasnt aware he was solely responsible for handling the crises.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"He's an utter dick.

Id like to see who is 'standing firm' with him, as I've heard no CBI no Federation of Businesses, not even Unions are coming out in putting signatures to paper. "

The same Leicester who are still in lockdown?

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"He's an utter dick.

Manchester isn't solely made up of a pub and hotel industry. Businesses are remote working, are able to put in mitigation measures, adapting their models or are actively employing.

The amount of money Burnham will have to spend (find), on the NHS Trusts across Gtr Mancs as a result of not promoting simple rules will be enormous, no doubt it'll be another ask in the very near future."

Exactly.

Why should bussines and people be given support when they are thrown on the scrapheap through no fault of their own?

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"^ to add, he's not put any proposals forward of what he'd do to bring the numbers down, aside from Labours National Lockdown.

I wasnt aware he was solely responsible for handling the crises."

You're right, but as Mayor you'd think when cases reached 200 per 100,000 you'd be on the phone to someone.

over a year ago

"He's an utter dick.

The amount of money Burnham will have to spend (find), on the NHS Trusts across Gtr Mancs as a result of not promoting simple rules will be enormous, no doubt it'll be another ask in the very near future."

If you want to follow the idiotic rules then we would suggest you put your tin foil hat back on and go back to hiding behind the sofa while the rest of us carry on running our businesses and get on with life

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

It seems these days that no matter what decision is made it will have its opponents. If we followed Burnham till the greater Manchester hospitals are full would others see it fair that those from his patch are treated in areas with a lower tier. I don't think so. He should shut up and bite the bullet and put All his citizens health first, better to to be able to work in the future fit and healthy than either possibly dead or suffering long term effects of covid.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

You're right, but as Mayor you'd think when cases reached 200 per 100,000 you'd be on the phone to someone. "

He probally rang boris as got as much sense as the rest of us do.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"It seems these days that no matter what decision is made it will have its opponents. If we followed Burnham till the greater Manchester hospitals are full would others see it fair that those from his patch are treated in areas with a lower tier. I don't think so. He should shut up and bite the bullet and put All his citizens health first, better to to be able to work in the future fit and healthy than either possibly dead or suffering long term effects of covid. "

I think I've wondered into a surreal universe.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"

The same Leicester who are still in lockdown?"

They're not.

"

Exactly.

Why should bussines and people be given support when they are thrown on the scrapheap through no fault of their own?"

The brewery business was weak even before covid - pubs have been closing for years.

Right now Burnham is saying my way or I'll let people die. Which do you think is fair?

That a guy can think it right to demand money for a failing industry or ignore the biggest health crises of out lifetime.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"

If you want to follow the idiotic rules then we would suggest you put your tin foil hat back on and go back to hiding behind the sofa while the rest of us carry on running our businesses and get on with life"

Ahhhhh! Now I understand. It's not that you like Burnham, it's that you don't wanna wash your grubby hands or wear a mask.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

You're right, but as Mayor you'd think when cases reached 200 per 100,000 you'd be on the phone to someone. "

Do you really think they would listen, they're selective in listening to the scientific advisors?

Essentially were we are is a government who could have done more when sage advised in September and chose not to, now what safe said is coming true so the government are in a mess trying to catch up..

over a year ago

All I keep hearing is people who state they do not know anyone who has caught or died having contracted the virus. And go on to say is it really out there etc. In my opinion if everyone in the country had a friend or knew of someone either catching the virus or god forbid dying whilst it's within their body etc, or knowing of someone suffering from long term effects of it then they would I believe have a different attitude towards it.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"

They're not.

Exactly.

Why should bussines and people be given support when they are thrown on the scrapheap through no fault of their own?

The brewery business was weak even before covid - pubs have been closing for years.

Right now Burnham is saying my way or I'll let people die. Which do you think is fair?

That a guy can think it right to demand money for a failing industry or ignore the biggest health crises of out lifetime."

You are aware it's the gmnt who are laying down ultimatums?

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan
over a year ago

North East

"

They're not.

Exactly.

That a guy can think it right to demand money for a failing industry or ignore the biggest health crises of out lifetime."

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"

They're not.

Exactly.

You better tell the local media then

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

You're right, but as Mayor you'd think when cases reached 200 per 100,000 you'd be on the phone to someone.

Do you really think they would listen, they're selective in listening to the scientific advisors?

Essentially were we are is a government who could have done more when sage advised in September and chose not to, now what safe said is coming true so the government are in a mess trying to catch up.."

It was an advisory measure.

There were likely scores of others, a circuit break would be just one measure not the only one.

I do think a better phasing in of economy would have been better, though people are ignoring rules as if responsibility is not their own. Burnhams actions/comments do drown out the idea of mitigation.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Essentially were we are is a government who could have done more when sage advised in September and chose not to, now what safe said is coming true so the government are in a mess trying to catch up..

It was an advisory measure.

There were likely scores of others, a circuit break would be just one measure not the only one.

I do think a better phasing in of economy would have been better, though people are ignoring rules as if responsibility is not their own. Burnhams actions/comments do drown out the idea of mitigation. "

They have stated the current measures wont work.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"

They have stated the current measures wont work."

Champion him all you want.

Poster's above can quote yougov in saying National Lockdowns are opposed by 82% of the country and residents of Manchester are willing to anything to decrease the current rates - going against Burnhams stance.

There is a willing for localised measures if you talk to reasonable people.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Poster's above can quote yougov in saying National Lockdowns are opposed by 82% of the country and residents of Manchester are willing to anything to decrease the current rates - going against Burnhams stance.

There is a willing for localised measures if you talk to reasonable people. "

Just because you oppose a full lockdown doesn't mean you shoport the current half arsed plans.

Right ,so its reasonable people who support a policy which experts have said wont work?

Gotcha.

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan
over a year ago

North East

"

Just because you oppose a full lockdown doesn't mean you shoport the current half arsed plans.

Right ,so its reasonable people who support a policy which experts have said wont work?

Gotcha."

shoport - can you say that without sounding like Sean Connery?

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Gotcha.

shoport - can you say that without sounding like Sean Connery?"

Yes miss money penny..

over a year ago

here

"

Gotcha.

Yes miss money penny.. "

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Gotcha.

Yes miss money penny..

"

Actually be I meant yeth..

over a year ago

here

"

Gotcha.

Yes miss money penny..

Actually be I meant yeth.. "

You mean yesh, yesh?

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Gotcha.

Yes miss money penny..

You mean yesh, yesh? "

I'm not pissed..

over a year ago

here

"

Gotcha.

Yes miss money penny..

You mean yesh, yesh?

I'm not pissed.. "

in Scotland that would be pished

over a year ago

He's a cock

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Gotcha.

Yes miss money penny..

You mean yesh, yesh?

I'm not pissed..

in Scotland that would be pished "

Blootered ..

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"He's a cock"

Mate, careful..

He's licensed Tae kill..

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"He's a cock"

Harsh on Connery.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'd trust him more than any of them in the cabinet, who all seem below the very low level of Johnson. He's honest too, unlike the Johnson

Seems to be wanting the best for the citizens he serves

over a year ago

here

"

Gotcha.

Yes miss money penny..

You mean yesh, yesh?

I'm not pissed..

in Scotland that would be pished

Blootered .."

No heard that yin for a while

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

Burnham in his own words during news at ten, a system that the experts say might not work, in which case he is gambling. His tone suggests that he would support a system that might not work if the workers get a better deal. Says it all really. So what does he propose? Don't think we have heard his better way.

By all means keep the pubs and restaurants open, but I would expect them to be used less as cases continue to rise due to human behaviour, this would lead to closures and redundancy. Those employees would then not get 67% of wages.

From his manner on the news today, it looks like he knows he has a growing problem and no tools or plan to deal with it irrespective of what tier they end up under.

He looks ruffled and incapable of making the correct decisions for all citizens under his remit, and not just the bar and restaurant sector.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Burnham in his own words during news at ten, a system that the experts say might not work, in which case he is gambling. His tone suggests that he would support a system that might not work if the workers get a better deal. Says it all really. So what does he propose? Don't think we have heard his better way.

By all means keep the pubs and restaurants open, but I would expect them to be used less as cases continue to rise due to human behaviour, this would lead to closures and redundancy. Those employees would then not get 67% of wages.

From his manner on the news today, it looks like he knows he has a growing problem and no tools or plan to deal with it irrespective of what tier they end up under.

He looks ruffled and incapable of making the correct decisions for all citizens under his remit, and not just the bar and restaurant sector.

"

He's got the support of MPs from both Tory and labour who represent Manchester..

He wAs on the radio today and said he would prefer a circuit break type of intervention, with an emphasis on upon sorting out test, track and trace by devolving it locally..

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

Track and trace no matter how good a system will not work in the UK, as it is considered as intrusion. Just look at the existing NHS version, lowest follow up rate this week, but that means nothing as insufficient number of the population have it. What localised system would work better?

Looks like he will fight back, his words, and do what? Wait and see the results from Liverpool? By which time it would be too late to introduce anything in area.

As for the MP's, I suspect those supporting him don't live in in district that he is Mayor of.

Instead of fighting back against the government, why doesn't he fight back the infection rate in front of him, seems like he looking to do nothing, support nothing and wait for some miracle.

over a year ago

"Good man, standing up for the citizens of Manchester "

But he is a scouser!

over a year ago

"Burnham in his own words during news at ten, a system that the experts say might not work, in which case he is gambling. His tone suggests that he would support a system that might not work if the workers get a better deal. Says it all really. So what does he propose? Don't think we have heard his better way.

He's got the support of MPs from both Tory and labour who represent Manchester..

He wAs on the radio today and said he would prefer a circuit break type of intervention, with an emphasis on upon sorting out test, track and trace by devolving it locally.."

He’s been suggesting that local public health staff deal with track and trace for months.

By *rufinWoman
over a year ago

notts

"Track and trace no matter how good a system will not work in the UK, as it is considered as intrusion. Just look at the existing NHS version, lowest follow up rate this week, but that means nothing as insufficient number of the population have it. What localised system would work better?

Looks like he will fight back, his words, and do what? Wait and see the results from Liverpool? By which time it would be too late to introduce anything in area.

As for the MP's, I suspect those supporting him don't live in in district that he is Mayor of.

Instead of fighting back against the government, why doesn't he fight back the infection rate in front of him, seems like he looking to do nothing, support nothing and wait for some miracle. "

He doesn't have to wait and see what happens in Liverpool. He can just look at what happened in Bolton. Numbers doubled after pubs and restaurants closed. It's clear that local tier 3 lockdown isn't effective, so why trash your local economy to no benefit?

By *arahspiceCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

"Track and trace no matter how good a system will not work in the UK, as it is considered as intrusion. Just look at the existing NHS version, lowest follow up rate this week, but that means nothing as insufficient number of the population have it. What localised system would work better?

Instead of fighting back against the government, why doesn't he fight back the infection rate in front of him, seems like he looking to do nothing, support nothing and wait for some miracle.

He doesn't have to wait and see what happens in Liverpool. He can just look at what happened in Bolton. Numbers doubled after pubs and restaurants closed. It's clear that local tier 3 lockdown isn't effective, so why trash your local economy to no benefit?"

To limit the spread of Covid they have got too ! The tier 3 will help massively if everyone sticks to the simple rules

By *om girlCouple (FF)
over a year ago

South Yorkshire

here we go saying stick to rules and will go Really

They have been in lockdown and nothing changed

His putting who he represents first lively hood metal health and Sage said going in lockdown will have no effect

Also his asking for more financial help

By *aintscoupleCouple
over a year ago

st helens

He doesn't have to wait and see what happens in Liverpool. He can just look at what happened in Bolton. Numbers doubled after pubs and restaurants closed. It's clear that local tier 3 lockdown isn't effective, so why trash your local economy to no benefit?

To limit the spread of Covid they have got too ! The tier 3 will help massively if everyone sticks to the simple rules "

And there lies the problem . very few people are sticking to the rules

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"All I keep hearing is people who state they do not know anyone who has caught or died having contracted the virus. And go on to say is it really out there etc. In my opinion if everyone in the country had a friend or knew of someone either catching the virus or god forbid dying whilst it's within their body etc, or knowing of someone suffering from long term effects of it then they would I believe have a different attitude towards it. "

Really? I lost my uncle to the virus, but I’m not blinkered by Covid. I can see that common sense needs to prevail. The Great Barrington Declaration is the logical way to end this farcical mess we’re in.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Sorry..are we still talking about Burnham or boris?

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

To limit the spread of Covid they have got too ! The tier 3 will help massively if everyone sticks to the simple rules And there lies the problem . very few people are sticking to the rules "

I see people wearing masks every where I go.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

He doesn't have to wait and see what happens in Liverpool. He can just look at what happened in Bolton. Numbers doubled after pubs and restaurants closed. It's clear that local tier 3 lockdown isn't effective, so why trash your local economy to no benefit?"

Do you think that the numbers might have tripled or quadrupled if restrictions hadn't been put in place?

Its really a false arguement to suggest that "measures haven't worked", if you don't know what the alternative would have been.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"here we go saying stick to rules and will go Really

They have been in lockdown and nothing changed

His putting who he represents first lively hood metal health and Sage said going in lockdown will have no effect

Also his asking for more financial help

"

People have been sticking to the rules since March, even the government and its scientists were surprised by the level of compliance.

The photos you see in the papers represent such a small minority as to have no impact on infection rates. They are mostly people who have had enough of the beauracracy, false figures and being separated from friends and families. This was always an inevitablity.

And as for asking for more money, I wonder where people think this is going to come from? All those businesses that have been forced into the ground????

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Instead of fighting back against the government, why doesn't he fight back the infection rate in front of him, seems like he looking to do nothing, support nothing and wait for some miracle. "

So no Mancheswr local mp lives in the area?

By *ebel Red HotWoman
over a year ago

York

The guy is a left wing terrorist playing with peoples life's for personal glory a sudo Stalin.

By *00STERMan
over a year ago

nearby

Maybe if he got his house in order and stopped people up there being utter tears then it would not be needed. His house is on fire but he wants the whole neighbourhood to be flooded with water to put his fire out

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"He's an utter dick.

"

Isnt the 67% a blanket payment across the country ?

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 16/10/20 09:05:41]

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"Maybe if he got his house in order and stopped people up there being utter tears then it would not be needed. His house is on fire but he wants the whole neighbourhood to be flooded with water to put his fire out "

Yep cos absolutely no where else has seen people breaking the rules.

over a year ago

what is Burnham's plan? Everyone's a critic but no one has an alternative plan. Its the Greta Thurnburg method of protest, protest but never ever come up with a plan.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"He's an utter dick.

Isnt the 67% a blanket payment across the country ?"

That’s my understanding the new furlough payment is two thirds

By *00STERMan
over a year ago

nearby

"Maybe if he got his house in order and stopped people up there being utter tears then it would not be needed. His house is on fire but he wants the whole neighbourhood to be flooded with water to put his fire out

Yep cos absolutely no where else has seen people breaking the rules."

At no point did I say that no where else has seen rule breaking, but the facts are the infection rate is out of control up there, and that needs sorting out ASAP it’s less out of control elsewhere and does not need the same restrictions. He is 100% playing politics and making everything worse for his area.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"He's an utter dick.

That’s my understanding the new furlough payment is two thirds "

Technically its not a furlough payment.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"He's an utter dick.

That’s my understanding the new furlough payment is two thirds "

So the good people of London will receive the same payment as the good people of Liverpool.

Not rocket science to know that London rents are significantly higher yet a blanket payment is the same all over the UK.

Andy Burnham needs to look at the people he represents...this virus is spread by contact. Clearly the rules havent been adhered to.

I understand he wants to fight for what he believes in. Are you telling me that people will follow the rules if they were to get more than the 67% ?

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

That's not right. Numbers in Bolton rose from from one of the lowest at 12 up to 212 cases per 100,000 in just 3 weeks after one man went out on the piss. He came back infected, and symptomatic from a holiday in Ibiza. He ignored his symptoms, broke quarantine and lead to Bolton's lockdown that it hasn't really recovered from.

All explained in link:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-54205353

over a year ago

North West

That's not right. Numbers in Bolton rose from from one of the lowest at 12 up to 212 cases per 100,000 in just 3 weeks after one man went out on the piss. He came back infected, and symptomatic from a holiday in Ibiza. He ignored his symptoms, broke quarantine and lead to Bolton's lockdown that it hasn't really recovered from.

All explained in link:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-54205353"

Our figures DID double from around 100 per 100,000 to over 200 per 100,000 after the hospitality lockdown. It's stabilised now but still running at over 200 now.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"He's an utter dick.

Technically its not a furlough payment. "

I know I just didn’t know what to call it... stop gap, some of your wages until business can reopen, furlough was a shorter word and most would understand it

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Maybe if he got his house in order and stopped people up there being utter tears then it would not be needed. His house is on fire but he wants the whole neighbourhood to be flooded with water to put his fire out "

By *r FirecrackerMan
over a year ago

London

"He's an utter dick.

The amount of money Burnham will have to spend (find), on the NHS Trusts across Gtr Mancs as a result of not promoting simple rules will be enormous, no doubt it'll be another ask in the very near future.

If you want to follow the idiotic rules then we would suggest you put your tin foil hat back on and go back to hiding behind the sofa while the rest of us carry on running our businesses and get on with life"

Ladies and gentlemen, look no further as to why the virus cases are rising. If you believe in the virus and follow the rules that are in place to save people’s lives and to lessen the burden on the NHS then I suggest you put your tin foil hat on! FML there really is no point in trying to educate some people.

This attitude is why we have a second spike, if only the virus was as lethal as Ebola, that way it would guarantee to kill of the clowns. The rest of us would be fine as the tin foil hat will protect us

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

We seem to have lost a bit of reality in some places.

So being paid 67% of salary for not working has become a terrible thing? What about those of us who can't find a job and 67% of nothing is nothing? Where are peoples expectations? If they stop and think for a moment.

2 or 3 weeks isolation. On 67 %. Paid holiday.... Do the garden... Paint the door frames... Service the car... Catch up on brookie...learn a language... And get paid for doing it.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

'Manchester leaders opposing Tier 3 lockdown warned 'shut up and shut down now' by ICU doctor'.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-live-could-most-of-the-north-west-north-east-parts-of-yorkshire-and-midlands-get-tighter-restrictions-12103666

By *r FirecrackerMan
over a year ago

London

"'Manchester leaders opposing Tier 3 lockdown warned 'shut up and shut down now' by ICU doctor'.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-live-could-most-of-the-north-west-north-east-parts-of-yorkshire-and-midlands-get-tighter-restrictions-12103666"

Unfortunately people don’t want to listen to professionals, they think having a pint on a Friday night is more important. The North once again bathing itself in glory, I can say that as I’m from the north before all the “North vs South” fucktards pipe up.

over a year ago

North West

"We seem to have lost a bit of reality in some places.

So being paid 67% of salary for not working has become a terrible thing? What about those of us who can't find a job and 67% of nothing is nothing? Where are peoples expectations? If they stop and think for a moment.

2 or 3 weeks isolation. On 67 %. Paid holiday.... Do the garden... Paint the door frames... Service the car... Catch up on brookie...learn a language... And get paid for doing it. "

Will landlords and mortgage companies accept 67% of due monies? The problem is that the most heavily affected sector (hospitality) already has the lowest wages. People are already struggling on 100% of their minimum wage job. Reducing that to 67% without reducing their other costs is just plunging families further into poverty.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"Maybe if he got his house in order and stopped people up there being utter tears then it would not be needed. His house is on fire but he wants the whole neighbourhood to be flooded with water to put his fire out

Yep cos absolutely no where else has seen people breaking the rules.

At no point did I say that no where else has seen rule breaking, but the facts are the infection rate is out of control up there, and that needs sorting out ASAP it’s less out of control elsewhere and does not need the same restrictions. He is 100% playing politics and making everything worse for his area. "

The infection rates are high due in no small part to 1000s of students returning to university.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"He's an utter dick.

So the good people of London will receive the same payment as the good people of Liverpool.

Not rocket science to know that London rents are significantly higher yet a blanket payment is the same all over the UK.

Andy Burnham needs to look at the people he represents...this virus is spread by contact. Clearly the rules havent been adhered to.

I understand he wants to fight for what he believes in. Are you telling me that people will follow the rules if they were to get more than the 67% ? "

67%of your salary in london is prob going to be different to 67%of your salary in Manchester.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

2 or 3 weeks isolation. On 67 %. Paid holiday.... Do the garden... Paint the door frames... Service the car... Catch up on brookie...learn a language... And get paid for doing it.

Will landlords and mortgage companies accept 67% of due monies? The problem is that the most heavily affected sector (hospitality) already has the lowest wages. People are already struggling on 100% of their minimum wage job. Reducing that to 67% without reducing their other costs is just plunging families further into poverty. "

So what's the solution?

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

2 or 3 weeks isolation. On 67 %. Paid holiday.... Do the garden... Paint the door frames... Service the car... Catch up on brookie...learn a language... And get paid for doing it. "

Some people just about survive on the wages they get.

Losing a 3rd of that is bound to have devastating consequences.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"'Manchester leaders opposing Tier 3 lockdown warned 'shut up and shut down now' by ICU doctor'.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-live-could-most-of-the-north-west-north-east-parts-of-yorkshire-and-midlands-get-tighter-restrictions-12103666

Unfortunately people don’t want to listen to professionals, they think having a pint on a Friday night is more important. The North once again bathing itself in glory, I can say that as I’m from the north before all the “North vs South” fucktards pipe up. "

Bathing in glory how,?

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"He's an utter dick.

I understand he wants to fight for what he believes in. Are you telling me that people will follow the rules if they were to get more than the 67% ?

67%of your salary in london is prob going to be different to 67%of your salary in Manchester. "

Basic wage is basic wage !

over a year ago

North West

Will landlords and mortgage companies accept 67% of due monies? The problem is that the most heavily affected sector (hospitality) already has the lowest wages. People are already struggling on 100% of their minimum wage job. Reducing that to 67% without reducing their other costs is just plunging families further into poverty.

So what's the solution?

"

Continue with the 80% level of recompense that was deemed appropriate for the last time businesses were forced to close? It's still going to impact people but less so than 67%. I'm lucky, I've worked throughout on full salary. S had his reduced by 5% since May, but that's not really affected us. We're lucky. Lots of people are not so lucky to be able to lose income and especially not a sizeable chunk of it.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"He's an utter dick.

67%of your salary in london is prob going to be different to 67%of your salary in Manchester. "

But rents/ mortgages are higher in the south .

over a year ago

On a mooch

"He's an utter dick.

67%of your salary in london is prob going to be different to 67%of your salary in Manchester.

Basic wage is basic wage !"

Plus there is a ceiling cap on a maximum payment

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"He's an utter dick.

But rents/ mortgages are higher in the south ."

But it's still going to he higher?

He isnt asking for 67%of London wages.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

Losing a 3rd of that is bound to have devastating consequences. "

I don't get this logic. Those on low wages get tax credits or the universal credits so if their wages drop by 33% then their tax credits/ universal credits goes up to bring them back to the same financial amount.

Those penalised are those earning too much for tax credits /universal credits, which is not families in the lowest income category.

over a year ago

North West

I don't get this logic. Those on low wages get tax credits or the universal credits so if their wages drop by 33% then their tax credits/ universal credits goes up to bring them back to the same financial amount.

Those penalised are those earning too much for tax credits /universal credits, which is not families in the lowest income category."

These benefits a) won't be applicable to all people being told to accept 67% wages and b) are unlikely to cover the entire lost amount. Remember, universal credit was designed to discourage people from being unemployed and staying on benefits. It's not designed to top up lost wages nor to provide as much or more than working. Why is it that 80% was considered the right amount from March to October, but now the majority of the North if England might have to accept 67%?

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Those penalised are those earning too much for tax credits /universal credits, which is not families in the lowest income category.

These benefits a) won't be applicable to all people being told to accept 67% wages and b) are unlikely to cover the entire lost amount. Remember, universal credit was designed to discourage people from being unemployed and staying on benefits. It's not designed to top up lost wages nor to provide as much or more than working. Why is it that 80% was considered the right amount from March to October, but now the majority of the North if England might have to accept 67%?"

Its relevant to all of the Uk not just the North.

over a year ago

North West

These benefits a) won't be applicable to all people being told to accept 67% wages and b) are unlikely to cover the entire lost amount. Remember, universal credit was designed to discourage people from being unemployed and staying on benefits. It's not designed to top up lost wages nor to provide as much or more than working. Why is it that 80% was considered the right amount from March to October, but now the majority of the North if England might have to accept 67%?

Its relevant to all of the Uk not just the North."

Agreed, but at this minute, it's only the northern areas being asked to shut down completely again, some for the third time since March. We had a total hospitality shut down in September here. Businesses simply cannot survive without support.

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Agreed, but at this minute, it's only the northern areas being asked to shut down completely again, some for the third time since March. We had a total hospitality shut down in September here. Businesses simply cannot survive without support."

I could say a lot more but it would get me a ban so im out .

over a year ago

North West

Agreed, but at this minute, it's only the northern areas being asked to shut down completely again, some for the third time since March. We had a total hospitality shut down in September here. Businesses simply cannot survive without support.

I could say a lot more but it would get me a ban so im out ."

I have no idea what would be so contentious about the above??

over a year ago

If only the bills took a holiday as well. Bare in mind some people have been on 80% since March and are about to drop onto 67%.

Some like myself have received nothing. I've had 4 days paid work since February. My savings are disappearing fast. It seems my job was good enough to take taxes off me but not good enough to help me out. Of course if I'm lucky enough to still have a job after this is over I'm sure my job will be good enough for my taxes to repay the the help I didn't get.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Those penalised are those earning too much for tax credits /universal credits, which is not families in the lowest income category."

I thought there was a threshold?

I'm no expert but I think if you work less than 20 hours or earn x amount you qualify.

If I went down to 67%I wouldn't qualify so I'd probally lose my house etc.

That's how I read it anyway.

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Press conference at 4 apparently

Burnham not bending over.

over a year ago

"Press conference at 4 apparently

Burnham not bending over."

'Shut up and shut down now': ICU doctor warns Manchester leaders opposing Tier 3 lockdown

By *ionelhutz OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Can we swop joe Anderson for Andy Burnham?

Post new Message to Thread