Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Gbd qualifications

Jump to newest

By *igh wide and handsome OP   Man
over a year ago

Dagenham

Do you believe you are more qualified or your opinion holds more weight on the subject of herd immunity, than the co authors of gbd?

Harvard's Dr martin Kulldorff and Stanford's Dr jay Bhattacharya.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Careful Bob, you'll wake all the Fab experts up

By *irty desireWoman
over a year ago

newcatle

Ahh ffs .. you opened a can of worms now OP

over a year ago

Dagenham

"Careful Bob, you'll wake all the Fab experts up "

Haha, I was wondering if there up yet?

over a year ago

Dagenham

"Ahh ffs .. you opened a can of worms now OP "

How am I meant to engage in debate when I can't take my eyes of them boobs

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

I'd say there are a lot of people better qualified in this field. More experience etc. But remember not all doctors are correct in what they say. Why pick only two people out of many! Does their hypothesis agree with yours?

over a year ago

Dagenham

"I'd say there are a lot of people better qualified in this field. More experience etc. But remember not all doctors are correct in what they say. Why pick only two people out of many! Does their hypothesis agree with yours? "

I picked them 2 because there the co authors of gbd. I didn't say they were the Most qualified to speak about herd immunity, wondered if anyone on here was more qualified.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

"Do you believe you are more qualified or your opinion holds more weight on the subject of herd immunity, than the co authors of gbd?

Harvard's Dr martin Kulldorff and Stanford's Dr jay Bhattacharya."

I don't believe i am more of expert than them, but i do have degrees in science subjects myself. I read all information from reasoned sources including people like those. The problem i have their opinion is outweighed probably at least 1000 to 1 by similarly qualified experts. Now that doesn't mean they are definitely wrong but it is a high probability they are. I doubt we will every find if their theory is right because i don't think any country will experiment with it. The consequences of getting wrong are massive and once you uncork the bottle it is virtually impossible to put it back in.

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"I'd say there are a lot of people better qualified in this field. More experience etc. But remember not all doctors are correct in what they say. Why pick only two people out of many! Does their hypothesis agree with yours?

I picked them 2 because there the co authors of gbd. I didn't say they were the Most qualified to speak about herd immunity, wondered if anyone on here was more qualified."

You've got to remember the gdp, was a global study concluded and released in 2017. So some of the science has already been updated with the experience of corona.

over a year ago

Dagenham

"Do you believe you are more qualified or your opinion holds more weight on the subject of herd immunity, than the co authors of gbd?

Harvard's Dr martin Kulldorff and Stanford's Dr jay Bhattacharya.

I don't believe i am more of expert than them, but i do have degrees in science subjects myself. I read all information from reasoned sources including people like those. The problem i have their opinion is outweighed probably at least 1000 to 1 by similarly qualified experts. Now that doesn't mean they are definitely wrong but it is a high probability they are. I doubt we will every find if their theory is right because i don't think any country will experiment with it. The consequences of getting wrong are massive and once you uncork the bottle it is virtually impossible to put it back in."

Degrees in science, impressive.

over a year ago

Yes but these blokes are men in white coats and have no experience of real life. You cannot boil everything down to the science because there is a little thing called human nature at work here so the bollox these scientist spew out has validity but is not the be all and end all. It's just another part of the big picture so yes our point of view has just as much validity as theirs.

over a year ago

Dagenham

"I'd say there are a lot of people better qualified in this field. More experience etc. But remember not all doctors are correct in what they say. Why pick only two people out of many! Does their hypothesis agree with yours?

I picked them 2 because there the co authors of gbd. I didn't say they were the Most qualified to speak about herd immunity, wondered if anyone on here was more qualified.

You've got to remember the gdp, was a global study concluded and released in 2017. So some of the science has already been updated with the experience of corona. "

You haven't answered the question though.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There's good material in the Lancet about and warning against the fallacy of covid-19 herd immunity, signed by many top experts. Perhaps you could compare them OP with yours. As it stands, there's little topic for discussion, with a potential strawman trying to compare forum users with selected people from a scientific community.

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

You've got to remember the gdp, was a global study concluded and released in 2017. So some of the science has already been updated with the experience of corona.

You haven't answered the question though."

Ok, I'll say I'd disagree with them, and agree with the vast amount of qualified people who disagree with them. How about yourself? Are you from a science background?

over a year ago

Dagenham

Ok, I'll say I'd disagree with them, and agree with the vast amount of qualified people who disagree with them. How about yourself? Are you from a science background? "

I have the same degree as Donald trump, the one from real life not the books

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Ok, I'll say I'd disagree with them, and agree with the vast amount of qualified people who disagree with them. How about yourself? Are you from a science background?

I have the same degree as Donald trump, the one from real life not the books "

So you really don't understand biomedics.

Joker

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

Joker "

Is that the University that teaches Donald to inject bleach

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

I have the same degree as Donald trump, the one from real life not the books "

And a similar trait in talking tripe..

over a year ago

Dagenham

Joker "

So if you don't understand biomedics your a joker?

over a year ago

Dagenham

And a similar trait in talking tripe.. "

Please elaborate on the tripe I was talking, thought I just asked a question?

over a year ago

I havent, but what I will say is take a virus such as Small Pox, one of the most deadly viral diseases in recorded history. How was our herd immunity to that, given that it had been recorded for over 2000 years.

It wasn't eradicated until a vaccine in 18/19th century and not completely eradicated until 20th century.

over a year ago

Dagenham

"I havent, but what I will say is take a virus such as Small Pox, one of the most deadly viral diseases in recorded history. How was our herd immunity to that, given that it had been recorded for over 2000 years.

It wasn't eradicated until a vaccine in 18/19th century and not completely eradicated until 20th century. "

At least you awnsered the question without attacking me, thank you sir

By *ab jamesMan
over a year ago

ribble valley

"I havent, but what I will say is take a virus such as Small Pox, one of the most deadly viral diseases in recorded history. How was our herd immunity to that, given that it had been recorded for over 2000 years.

It wasn't eradicated until a vaccine in 18/19th century and not completely eradicated until 20th century.

At least you awnsered the question without attacking me, thank you sir "

Nobody's attacked you, I just thought you were joking that you attended Fordham University like Donald Trump.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

Nobody's attacked you, I just thought you were joking that you attended Fordham University like Donald Trump. "

The Donald dropped out of Fordham and went to a private college. He got a degree in economics. Rumours abound that he bought and didn't earn it. Journalists have tried to publish his academic records but have been threatened with legal action by his lawyers.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

At least you awnsered the question without attacking me, thank you sir "

Not like trump at all then, getting upset and very drama queen ish claiming to be 'attacked'..

Actually that is trump like..

Hopefully you don't have any of his less than decent traits..

over a year ago

Dagenham

Not like trump at all then, getting upset and very drama queen ish claiming to be 'attacked'..

Hopefully you don't have any of his less than decent traits.."

What his awful haircut? I do as it happens

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

I follow my own thinking I know best for me.

My ideas are non political just common sense a quality that does not exiist in politions on all sides as they cannot get round there narrow minded ideaoligy

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Hopefully you don't have any of his less than decent traits..

What his awful haircut? I do as it happens "

If your not orange you might get away with that..

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Harvard's Dr martin Kulldorff and Stanford's Dr jay Bhattacharya.I follow my own thinking I know best for me.

My ideas are non political just common sense a quality that does not exiist in politions on all sides as they cannot get round there narrow minded ideaoligy"

Non political?

Leave it out..

By *ebel Red HotWoman
over a year ago

York

Harvard's Dr martin Kulldorff and Stanford's Dr jay Bhattacharya.I follow my own thinking I know best for me.

My ideas are non political just common sense a quality that does not exiist in politions on all sides as they cannot get round there narrow minded ideaoligy"

I think you are spot on there politicians have their own agenda and its not always the best for the rest of us.

over a year ago

I haven't read it, if there is actually much to read I don't know but I do agree with one principle of it that the vulnerable should protect themselves best they can if they wish to do so and the rest of society should try and get on with life as normal as possible but with control measures like social distancing where possible, face masks in public places, good hygiene etc etc to reduce the possibilities of infection but not at the cost of millions of jobs and wrecking the economy but it would need constant monitoring.

Post new Message to Thread