over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *atEvolution OP   Couple
over a year ago

" "

Wot? Nobody has an opinion? National Lockdown?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

Wot? Nobody has an opinion? National Lockdown? "

3 weeks..I think that's where are heading for anyway and that's what sage seems to be pushing for?

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"

It won't work as a control measure or as a prevention measure in anymore than the very short term.

Use of Lockdown as a primary control measure has been warned against by WHO prominent scientists.

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"

National social lockdown or national stay at home lockdown

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

3 weeks..I think that's where are heading for anyway and that's what sage seems to be pushing for?

"

So do you support a National 3 Week Lockdown?

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think another full lockdown will damage what is left of the economy too much and will mean so many more people will loose there jobs, the repercussions will be with us for years, I think we need to find something else other than a full lockdown to get out of this mess.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

People wanted him to have a plan, this is it, don’t worry, Boris will just ignore it

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

personally i think local ones are better for the country but you are always going to have people who will not obey the rules because they dont apply to everyone.

Reply privately

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"

It won't work as a control measure or as a prevention measure in anymore than the very short term.

Use of Lockdown as a primary control measure has been warned against by WHO prominent scientists."

It won’t be considered as a primary control measure if it’s a 2-3 week lockdown.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

So do you support a National 3 Week Lockdown?"

Dunno.

I think these partial lockdown s are pointless and if that's what the sage experts are saying?

But where are we gonna be in 3 weeks?

Fed up with it tbh.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This link is rather useful in talking about what the WHO said in context:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/10/13/who-warning-about-covid-19-coronavirus-lockdowns-is-taken-out-of-context/#61b73deb158c

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

3 month on full furlough yes.

3 weeks on 66% no.

Reply privately

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"

People wanted him to have a plan, this is it, don’t worry, Boris will just ignore it "

Indeed Boris will ignore it.

Politics aside, the three-tier approach announced yesterday gives us a good balance between public health and the economy. I think that approach should suffice for now.

A full lockdown would be necessary only if things get a lot worse than what we are currently experiencing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

People wanted him to have a plan, this is it, don’t worry, Boris will just ignore it

Politics aside, the three-tier approach announced yesterday gives us a good balance between public health and the economy. I think that approach should suffice for now.

A full lockdown would be necessary only if things get a lot worse than what we are currently experiencing. "

True, if we all follow the advice and the Covidiots are punished and shamed things should get better, if not, it will be back to a national lockdown

Reply privately

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"

Dunno.

I think these partial lockdown s are pointless and if that's what the sage experts are saying?

Fed up with it tbh."

Your lucky mate yours is now if you can get it under control, some will be in tier 3 around christmas

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

A full lockdown would be necessary only if things get a lot worse than what we are currently experiencing.

True, if we all follow the advice and the Covidiots are punished and shamed things should get better, if not, it will be back to a national lockdown "

I hope they work. The fact that 19 of the 20 northern areas that have been under restrictions for several weeks saw their numbers continue to grow doesn’t bode well.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Would make halloween very interesting. Could be genuinely quite scary on some estates.

part of me thinks if 3 months wasn't long enough how will 2/3 weeks.

Iam very aware that staying at home is not easy for a lot of people or society in general.

i like Kier and this is bold but im very undecided. At some point life must continue, with a mask and washing hands and taking care of the vulnerable. I do feel herd immunity, at some point must come into play. Thank God om not a student anymore thio. locked up like rats.

i work on testing sites... looks like i might be busy. But psychologically, emotionally, financially it's going to very very hard.

Reply privately

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"

Dunno.

Fed up with it tbh.Your lucky mate yours is now if you can get it under control, some will be in tier 3 around christmas "

But no-one is paying a blind bit of notice around here! Lockdown for Xmas, I reckon

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

3 weeks..I think that's where are heading for anyway and that

's what sage seems to be pushing for?

Dunno.

Fed up with it tbh."

With ya' Lionel. It's really just so difficult listening to the experts while at the same time trying to balance the economy don't you think?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

3 weeks on 66% no."

bang on

Reply privately

over a year ago

It didn't work the first time round

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It didn't work the first time round"

Really?

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"

Use of Lockdown as a primary control measure has been warned against by WHO prominent scientists."

Primary control methods are easy for those with a double digit IQ but unfortunately .......

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It didn't work the first time round"

Last time they hoped to push it into the summer months which it did to a degree. Pushing it into winter months might not be such a good idea.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There's a couple of people on here should sort this pandemic out, as they seem to know everything

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There's a couple of people on here should sort this pandemic out, as they seem to know everything"

I knew you were gonna say that.

Reply privately

By *lowhands7Man
over a year ago

South Leicestershire / Burton on Trent

Starmer is now demanding everything he was having a go about three weeks ago. Hippocrite

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Starmer is now demanding everything he was having a go about three weeks ago. Hippocrite"

What was he having a go about?

Reply privately

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

A stay at home lockdown I think we now need or try it initially in a high virus city initially?

Reply privately

By *layfull pairingCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Closing down a coffee shop in Devon for example where there are bugger all cases, because a town 150 miles away has a spike in cases, just seems daft to me.. I admit I ain’t the brightest but even I can see that’s just putting people out of a job for no real reason... or costing a fortune more in furlough payments... localised action seems the better option..

Reply privately

By *lowhands7Man
over a year ago

South Leicestershire / Burton on Trent

Being too heavy handed and not costing the plan

Reply privately

By *andy 1Couple
over a year ago

northeast

"There's a couple of people on here should sort this pandemic out, as they seem to know everything"

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

Doesn’t matter what they do if they keep schools open it won’t make a blind bit of difference

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Closing down a coffee shop in Devon for example where there are bugger all cases, because a town 150 miles away has a spike in cases, just seems daft to me.. I admit I ain’t the brightest but even I can see that’s just putting people out of a job for no real reason... or costing a fortune more in furlough payments... localised action seems the better option.. "

that could be an option.

Reply privately

By *avid ElliottCouple
over a year ago

West Worthing

"

True, if we all follow the advice and the Covidiots are punished and shamed things should get better, if not, it will be back to a national lockdown "

The trouble is the covidiots atecnot being hit hard enough with fines and sanctions. They feel no shame either

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

I don't see how a "circuit breaker" lockdown will have any positive effect unless they plan to close ALL Schools, university's and most places of employment seeing as how these seem to be the main infection hotspots?

Reply privately

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"Closing down a coffee shop in Devon for example where there are bugger all cases, because a town 150 miles away has a spike in cases, just seems daft to me.. I admit I ain’t the brightest but even I can see that’s just putting people out of a job for no real reason... or costing a fortune more in furlough payments... localised action seems the better option.. "

True word

And that’s why I said above that the three-tier approach announced yesterday is more appropriate and should suffice for now.

But if that approach doesn’t work.......

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Starmer is now demanding everything he was having a go about three weeks ago. Hippocrite"

How can he have a go at something that hasn't happened?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Doesn’t matter what they do if they keep schools open it won’t make a blind bit of difference "

I think he is suggesting doing it over half term?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I don't see how a "circuit breaker" lockdown will have any positive effect unless they plan to close ALL Schools, university's and most places of employment seeing as how these seem to be the main infection hotspots?"

The universities shouldn't have went back.

Sage are advocating a 3 week lockdown

The gmnt have just implemented a 3 tier system and Hancock has been on saying they are following the science.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dunno.

Fed up with it tbh." "

The question is still here Lionel . . .

I said . . . With ya' Lionel. It's really just so difficult listening to the experts while at the same time trying to balance the economy don't you think?

Reply privately

By *lan157Man
over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"Would make halloween very interesting. Could be genuinely quite scary on some estates.

part of me thinks if 3 months wasn't long enough how will 2/3 weeks.

Iam very aware that staying at home is not easy for a lot of people or society in general.

i like Kier and this is bold but im very undecided. At some point life must continue, with a mask and washing hands and taking care of the vulnerable. I do feel herd immunity, at some point must come into play. Thank God om not a student anymore thio. locked up like rats.

i work on testing sites... looks like i might be busy. But psychologically, emotionally, financially it's going to very very hard.

"

Hasn't Halloween been cancelled yet ? Surely they need to do it now and give early warning.

Reply privately

over a year ago

A national lockdown for at least 6 months is needed.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Dunno.

Fed up with it tbh."

I said . . . With ya' Lionel. It's really just so difficult listening to the experts while at the same time trying to balance the economy don't you think?

"

If that's what they pushing off..and they think it will have an impact..I don't think we will have much choice.

Clearly the current plan Is not going to work so it makes more sense to take the hit now than have a few months of tiers, then go into lockdown.

They waited too long last time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dunno.

Fed up with it tbh."

If that's what they pushing off..and they think it will have an impact..I don't think we will have much choice.

Clearly the current plan Is not going to work so it makes more sense to take the hit now than have a few months of tiers, then go into lockdown.

They waited too long last time."

Just the same as Boris's plan then. Protect People. Protect the Economy. Best Balance.

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"Doesn’t matter what they do if they keep schools open it won’t make a blind bit of difference

I think he is suggesting doing it over half term?"

Half terms are all at different times ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

And Lionel. I might just add. I actually really don't give a Fig about Boris or the Tory Party.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Doesn’t matter what they do if they keep schools open it won’t make a blind bit of difference

Half terms are all at different times ... "

Ya' think he would know that wouldn't you?

Catholic have always been early to finish - Early to go back.

Private have a wide gamut of terms.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's what I've believed that we should have since the numbers started to rocket. It's probably the only way to make a massive difference before winter comes.

Reply privately

By *lan157Man
over a year ago

He probably means the half term for independent schools . I think they have 2 weeks in October.

Reply privately

By *ensual 2Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

Localised lock downs post codes etc need to happen sooner or later ....why should folk in Devon be closed up when its bad in Nottingham /Liverpool etc ..no sense to all this

Reply privately

over a year ago

i suppose they could lock everything down when the kids break up for xmas.

whats that 2 weeks over the holiday season?

still, will be depressing time and what is usually meant to be a happy family one

Reply privately

over a year ago

A 6 months to a year national lockdown with 100% furlough.

Doesn't matter if it increases our national debt as that will never be paid back.

With debts, if you owe 5 grand you'll get hounded till you pay it. If the debt is 5 trillion it never gets paid back.

Reply privately

By *lan157Man
over a year ago

"A 6 months to a year national lockdown with 100% furlough.

Doesn't matter if it increases our national debt as that will never be paid back.

With debts, if you owe 5 grand you'll get hounded till you pay it. If the debt is 5 trillion it never gets paid back."

But interest has to be paid on it.. .Forever

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

He probably means the half term for independent schools . I think they have 2 weeks in October. "

That wouldn’t be the state schools pattern and most in my county anyway have one week .... again not thought through.

Reply privately

By *ensual 2Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

"i suppose they could lock everything down when the kids break up for xmas.

still, will be depressing time and what is usually meant to be a happy family one"

Can you imagine all the students returning home from all over at Christmas ..& the infection rates January ...think Boris has lost the plot

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

still, will be depressing time and what is usually meant to be a happy family one"

Would actually make sense tbh food shops open wouldn’t kill people not to shop and a fair chunk of people have some amount of time off - although some sectors make all their annual profit during this period so would be devastating

Reply privately

By *atch and blossomCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Calling people Covidiot and blaming sectors of society etc is just falling into the false othering narrative.

A full lockdown was planned for October. The second wave was planned for. The issues are multiple. Combine the lack of trust in the government, weariness with COVID, acceptance of risk and the devastating impact on the economy (plus Brexit looming) equals perfect storm.

Most transmissions currently are amongst those in education...the young fit and healthy. The people who we need to keep the country going and those who will potentially riot if they are pushed into the abyss next year. Think the 1980s plus social media.

We have governance and policing by consent. Consent is waning.

Reply privately

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

"

Dunno.

Fed up with it tbh."

Lionel, blimey, I actually agree with you for once. Starmer sounded a bit like Boris and Matthew etc - must be seen to be doing something.

Current buzzword circuit breaker. Preposterous.

Reply privately

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

It doesn't make a jot of difference in the long term.. Soon after any full or partial lockdown or people, it'll be back..

May as well just go for it and return to normal as this approach obviously doesn't work and there's no viable alternative..

Reply privately

By *ove2lickJemWoman
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

He probably means the half term for independent schools . I think they have 2 weeks in October. "

I think the sensible view I heard a few weeks ago was they'd lockdown half term week (25th) and do the week after as that would encompass halloween and bonfire night to prevent gatherings for them too.

So as it's the sensible, logical option we can rule that out!

Reply privately

over a year ago

All I can say is we were at least two weeks late in going into a lockdown in March. Seems to me a circuit breaker is needed now and we will need a further one straight after Christmas...with a further one in march again.

Things have changed worldwide and all economies will have to adapt to the changes until a solution is found.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Cutting back on the rate of escalation before the toughest season is wise.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bristol

Lockdown equals suppression. This will be with us for years.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"

only if it is applies the same across the country... because at the moment you have got people in liverpool for example looking at people in nottingham and asking "why are they not in tier 3 and we are?"... you have got most of the north looking at london asking "why are they in tier 1 and we are in tier 2?"

it needs to be consistant with well defined parameters, so that people know and people don't argue! this is just way too divisive at the moment....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Absolutely insane, taking away our liberty and taking our rights away. I hate to say it but I agree with trump, enough is enough, let the virus go for it. Protect the vulnerable and elderly completely, this insanity must end.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Absolutely insane, taking away our liberty and taking our rights away. I hate to say it but I agree with trump, enough is enough, let the virus go for it. Protect the vulnerable and elderly completely, this insanity must end. "

How can the vulnerable and elderly be protected if the majority of society is suffering from covid?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/10/20 19:51:35]

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've become aware of public opinion, this country is finished, I suggest those that can should start to organise their affairs or try to make plans to leave, when the end comes it will rapidly deteriorate and won't be pleasant.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Dunno.

Fed up with it tbh."

Just the same as Boris's plan then. Protect People. Protect the Economy. Best Balance.

"

Ha ha .no not really.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"And Lionel. I might just add. I actually really don't give a Fig about Boris or the Tory Party.

"

Lies

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dunno.

Fed up with it tbh."

Ha ha .no not really."

Ohh how so then? How is it not the same?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And Lionel. I might just add. I actually really don't give a Fig about Boris or the Tory Party.

Lies

"

Oh wounded to the core - that was like an arrow to my heart lmfao.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

So maybe that's where the 3 weeks comes on so they dont all miss the 3 weeks?

I dunno.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So Starmer says:

Boris is having a circuit-breaker - Starmer says that's not enough what we REALLY need is a circuit-breaker.

WTF!?

Is that a 15amp circuit breaker or a 30amp circuit breaker? Am I even in the right area of understanding?

Noooooooooooo! Starmer wants a 3 week circuit-breaker . . . Boris's is obviously too long co's he said his circuit-breaker could be 6 months !!!!

Yea. Wait. I get it now. A 3 week circuit-breaker - that's gotta' be better than a 6 month circuit-breaker. Right? !

I have understood ALL the Rules, so far! - but NOW I'm starting to get confused between Labours Plan and the Conservatives Plan?

Please elucidate ?

(spelling error correction)

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Localised lock downs post codes etc need to happen sooner or later ....why should folk in Devon be closed up when its bad in Nottingham /Liverpool etc ..no sense to all this "

They are happening.

Reply privately

over a year ago

still, will be depressing time and what is usually meant to be a happy family oneCan you imagine all the students returning home from all over at Christmas ..& the infection rates January ...think Boris has lost the plot "

its all pretty depressing isnt it.

i only read about it here as ive turned off the news etc as none of it is positive

Reply privately

By *amsungdelilaCouple
over a year ago

burton upon trent

Working at a school and seeing parents turn up with their children approx 200 parents and 5 wearing masks !!! If it takes a lockdown to eradicate the virus maybe people will start to see sense and wear a mask

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Working at a school and seeing parents turn up with their children approx 200 parents and 5 wearing masks !!! If it takes a lockdown to eradicate the virus maybe people will start to see sense and wear a mask "

Jesus. Couldn't make it up. PEOPLE are the PROBLEM.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So Starmer says:

Boris is having a circuit-breaker - Starmer says that's not enough what we REALLY need is a circuit-breaker.

WTF!?

Is that a 15amp circuit breaker or a 30amp circuit breaker? Am I even in the right area of understanding?

Noooooooooooo! Starmer wants a 3 week circuit-breaker . . . Boris's is obviously too long co's he said his circuit-breaker could be 6 months !!!!

Yea. Wait. I get it now. A 3 week circuit-breaker - that's gotta' be better than a 6 month circuit-breaker. Right? !

I have understood ALL the Rules, so far! - but NOW I'm starting to get confused between Labours Plan and the Conservatives Plan?

Please elucidate ?

"

This is uncharted territory for all. Even the scientists seem to have confused views on the best way of dealing with the pandemic. The politicians are rabbits in headlights and lurch from one policy to another.

We need a concise 6 month plan that is clear and unambiguous that attaches financial support to those impacted so that we don’t injury individuals and businesses.

Alternatively let go and crack on with life.

We just need clarity.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Working at a school and seeing parents turn up with their children approx 200 parents and 5 wearing masks !!! If it takes a lockdown to eradicate the virus maybe people will start to see sense and wear a mask

Jesus. Couldn't make it up. PEOPLE are the PROBLEM. "

Some people.

I've barely seen anyone without a mask.

At the gym everyone distances and cleans the equipment.

Just cos some people are morons doesnt mean everyone should be labelled.

I distinctly remember a few people whinging about lazy teachers and unions obstructing the gmnt.

Schools and universities have driven this

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So Starmer says:

WTF!?

Please elucidate ?

This is uncharted territory for all. Even the scientists seem to have confused views on the best way of dealing with the pandemic. The politicians are rabbits in headlights and lurch from one policy to another.

We need a concise 6 month plan that is clear and unambiguous that attaches financial support to those impacted so that we don’t injury individuals and businesses.

We just need clarity."

Agreed. And take the Politics out and put the People in.

We ALL know what to do.

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

So if this circuit breaker happens, what happens after the three weeks are up?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So if this circuit breaker happens, what happens after the three weeks are up? "

We all get infected again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So Starmer says:

WTF!?

Please elucidate ?

We just need clarity.

We ALL know what to do.

"

Which is?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bristol

There is naivety thinking this virus can be eradicated

We don't have vaccines for SERS, MERS, HIV. But there are treatments. This is the long haul. Lockdown will only stop surges. Not the virus itself

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So Starmer says:

WTF!?

Please elucidate ?

We just need clarity.

We ALL know what to do.

Which is?"

And therein lays the problem. People who don't know what to do.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So Starmer says:

WTF!?

Please elucidate ?

We just need clarity.

We ALL know what to do.

Which is?

And therein lays the problem. People who don't know what to do. "

My question was rhetorical as in what would advocate?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bristol

There are views. We have to carry on. And those that need protection have it.

And stop accusing those from the right, left and central that believe this of effectively as being people who do not care.

Reply privately

By *ensual 2Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

"So if this circuit breaker happens, what happens after the three weeks are up?

We all get infected again. "

Boris has to play for time ..not knowing just how long its gonna be to get a vaccine ....circuit breakers only slow things down a v little..its something we have to manage ...and live with .....businesses /life must be able to move forward .....feel sorry for Boris whatever he decides he cant win..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

It'll do no good. It'll just come back out again. Pointless.

"

Reply privately

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"

only if it is applies the same across the country... because at the moment you have got people in liverpool for example looking at people in nottingham and asking "why are they not in tier 3 and we are?"... you have got most of the north looking at london asking "why are they in tier 1 and we are in tier 2?"

it needs to be consistant with well defined parameters, so that people know and people don't argue! this is just way too divisive at the moment...."

Reply privately

By *D835Man
over a year ago

London

"So if this circuit breaker happens, what happens after the three weeks are up? "

After the three weeks are up, the circuit breaks

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

The gmnts cheerleader at the bbc already briefing against him.

Politically its probally a good move.

If we move into lockdown a month from now they will look even more inept.

Reply privately

By *ebel Red HotWoman
over a year ago

York

The guy hasn't a clue its just a joke saying this and that when he doesn't have the power. Just like an armchair football manager.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The guy hasn't a clue its just a joke saying this and that when he doesn't have the power. Just like an armchair football manager. "

He was getting slated before for not coming up with suggestions.

Reply privately

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"The guy hasn't a clue its just a joke saying this and that when he doesn't have the power. Just like an armchair football manager.

He was getting slated before for not coming up with suggestions. "

He should have stayed on the fence...

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

It's easy isn't it? If you're not in power, come up with a ridiculous plan you know the government won't go for, then in 6 months say "i told you so". Winner winner.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"It's easy isn't it? If you're not in power, come up with a ridiculous plan you know the government won't go for, then in 6 months say "i told you so". Winner winner. "

Yep a total lockdown seems totally unfeasible

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's easy isn't it? If you're not in power, come up with a ridiculous plan you know the government won't go for, then in 6 months say "i told you so". Winner winner.

"

I think you're right, sad state of affairs but so many people are ignoring the basics that it is probably the only way forward...

Reply privately

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

Think any new lockdown would just prolonging the virus

As we can t stay in lockdown until there is zero cases in the world.If we had a new national lockdown and the possitive virus cases reduced once we came out the numbers would just start to rise once more.

Like having a nest of rats unless you get rid of them all they will breed again and your back to square one

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

We should just "go swedish".

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We should just "go swedish"."

So meatballs and flat pack furniture is your answer?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's easy isn't it? If you're not in power, come up with a ridiculous plan you know the government won't go for, then in 6 months say "i told you so". Winner winner.

"

The one that Starmer is proposing you mean?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't worry about politicians there all completely inept morons who are on a jolly big loads of money massive pension ride.

I worry about people's attitudes, it's changed, the fear has set in, they spend all day watching BBC propaganda, this country is completely finished, you might escape the virus but you won't escape the economic misery that is about to beset you, that will come extremely quick one minute it seems normal, the next there's no food in the shops, from there the spiral is beyond imagination, the amount of wealthy people I know leaving this country is starting to worry me, it's like rats deserting the sinking ship.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"We should just "go swedish".

So meatballs and flat pack furniture is your answer?

"

Pop a bit of ABBA on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I look at this slightly incredulously because there are so many people that previously were posting lets go draconian, lets go......

Have you all had a collective head wobble and realised how futile this all is after all.

Hurrah...........

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

The one that Starmer is proposing you mean?"

That's what he is suggesting.

A 3 week one.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I don't worry about politicians there all completely inept morons who are on a jolly big loads of money massive pension ride.

I worry about people's attitudes, it's changed, the fear has set in, they spend all day watching BBC propaganda, this country is completely finished, you might escape the virus but you won't escape the economic misery that is about to beset you, that will come extremely quick one minute it seems normal, the next there's no food in the shops, from there the spiral is beyond imagination, the amount of wealthy people I know leaving this country is starting to worry me, it's like rats deserting the sinking ship."

Economic misery you say?

Well that would be a 1st.

Reply privately

over a year ago

A 3 week one."

And that is better than any other current proposal because?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

A 3 week one.

And that is better than any other current proposal because?"

As people keep saying I'm no expert so I dont really know.

However the 'boffins 'have said the current plan is not going to work,so if they are right,and after a month we do go into full lockdown,well it's not going to look good is it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

And you really think that Starmers 3 week break would make it better?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't worry about politicians there all completely inept morons who are on a jolly big loads of money massive pension ride.

I worry about people's attitudes, it's changed, the fear has set in, they spend all day watching BBC propaganda, this country is completely finished, you might escape the virus but you won't escape the economic misery that is about to beset you, that will come extremely quick one minute it seems normal, the next there's no food in the shops, from there the spiral is beyond imagination, the amount of wealthy people I know leaving this country is starting to worry me, it's like rats deserting the sinking ship.

Economic misery you say?

Well that would be a 1st."

You've no idea, your a 21st century never seen poverty in your life person.

Unfortunately for me I've got two elderly parents and a young dependent otherwise I'd be gone.

You don't control economic collapse, it free rolls and eventually the people beg to be saved and then if you've read enough history they beg to be saved from the original people they beg to be saved off.

Your just a pound shop Trotsky.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And you really think that Starmers 3 week break would make it better?"

Well if you drastically reduced people from mingling for 3 weeks what do you suggest the virus would do, continue spreading at the same rate?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"And you really think that Starmers 3 week break would make it better?"

I honestly dont know.

I'm not sure what a 3 month lockdown is meant to achieve?

Slow it down?

But I'm not convinced the current plans are great.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Economic misery you say?

Unfortunately for me I've got two elderly parents and a young dependent otherwise I'd be gone.

You don't control economic collapse, it free rolls and eventually the people beg to be saved and then if you've read enough history they beg to be saved from the original people they beg to be saved off.

Your just a pound shop Trotsky."

Pound shop trotsky

Superb.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We all have to admit that 3 months won't sort it - 3 weeks won't sort it.

Nobody but Nobody has a Plan A. There is only a Plan B (vaccine).

So we ALL need to start thinking like we actually even care about each other and think of all those damn simple ways in which we can help.

Reply privately

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

Pure psychology

Starmer knows Boris was considering a full lockdown and he knows it's not the answer so he suggests it knowing full well that now Boris cant possibly do it

A strategy I've used against many

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And you really think that Starmers 3 week break would make it better?

Well if you drastically reduced people from mingling for 3 weeks what do you suggest the virus would do, continue spreading at the same rate? "

Well you could look at the evidence from many countries that tried full lockdowns to the countries that didn't, there's hardly a correlation, Brazil didn't but Peru and Chile did and there's practically no difference, Germany did France did Belgium did, Spain did, Sweden didn't, on the long scale there won't be much difference, if you really want to boil it down, those that vaccinated the highest for influenza in they're elderly are also the worst effected by covid, maybe we should just stop vaccinating the elderly!! Job done.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And you really think that Starmers 3 week break would make it better?

Well if you drastically reduced people from mingling for 3 weeks what do you suggest the virus would do, continue spreading at the same rate? "

You need to catch up with the wider conversation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Economic misery you say?

Pound shop trotsky

Superb."

To be fair your not even worth a quid but five pence Trotsky didn't have the same roll of the tongue

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Economic misery you say?

Pound shop trotsky

Superb..

To be fair your not even worth a quid but five pence Trotsky didn't have the same roll of the tongue "

Arf.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I worry about people's attitudes, it's changed, the fear has set in, they spend all day watching BBC propaganda, this country is completely finished, you might escape the virus but you won't escape the economic misery that is about to beset you, that will come extremely quick one minute it seems normal, the next there's no food in the shops, from there the spiral is beyond imagination, the amount of wealthy people I know leaving this country is starting to worry me, it's like rats deserting the sinking ship."

We’re doomed then? , chin up, we have Brexit to look forward to

Reply privately

over a year ago

We’re doomed then? , chin up, we have Brexit to look forward to "

Even the crazy guy with the sandwich board is right eventually.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

3 weeks on 66% no."

Country can’t afford 3 months on full furlough.

Reply privately

By *ove2lickJemWoman
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"

3 weeks on 66% no.

Country can’t afford 3 months on full furlough. "

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3230630583726479&id=796085293847699 listen to this wondrous rant. They've done the maths and decided it's best to have everyone unemployed!

Reply privately

over a year ago

3 weeks, 3 months.. makes no difference. As soon as it's over back will come covid and it all starts again.

Lockdowns & resrrictions are not the answer to this problem. Never have been, never will be.

Reply privately

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"

Hasn't Halloween been cancelled yet ? Surely they need to do it now and give early warning."

You want them to remove 31st October from the calendar ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"3 weeks, 3 months.. makes no difference. As soon as it's over back will come covid and it all starts again.

Lockdowns & resrrictions are not the answer to this problem. Never have been, never will be."

What is the answer?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I think in truth we’ll either take it soon or be forced to take it in 3-4 weeks anyway as numbers mount. There was a lot of logic in going early rather than to let cases rise prior to initiating it.

One thing we do know from bitter experience is infection rates can multiply quickly but getting them back down is slow and painful work.

:/

Reply privately

over a year ago

"3 weeks, 3 months.. makes no difference. As soon as it's over back will come covid and it all starts again.

Lockdowns & resrrictions are not the answer to this problem. Never have been, never will be."

Correct, they are just a brake to give the NHS breathing space... still needed though

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

They were never supposed to be an answer, they are only supposed to be in place to slow it down so the nhs is not overwhelmed and can treat people with Covid-19 without having lots of people waiting in the hallways for beds again.

The science professionals working on testing and vaccine projects are the answer

Reply privately

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

To be fair, it isn't "Starmer's Plan". This is something that Sage and many scientists suggested several weeks ago. Starmer has just said that he supports the idea.

Cal

Reply privately

By *ungblackbullMan
over a year ago

scotland

"Working at a school and seeing parents turn up with their children approx 200 parents and 5 wearing masks !!! If it takes a lockdown to eradicate the virus maybe people will start to see sense and wear a mask

Some people.

I distinctly remember a few people whinging about lazy teachers and unions obstructing the gmnt.

Schools and universities have driven this "

Yesterday 701 children aged between 5 and 14 in England tested positive for covid. 462 of these were aged 10 to 14. Every 5 year age group above that up to 65-69 years had more cases with all but the 60-64 age group at least double.

What's the evidence that schools are driving this? Especially when some of the cases in children will be from the home environment or mixing with other households outside of school.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Ft reporting that two government scientific advisors are predicting a circuit break of two weeks will reduce death in January by between 29-45%, based on the current modelling..

Reply privately

By *ettyboop61Woman
over a year ago

St Neots

We’re doomed then? , chin up, we have Brexit to look forward to

Even the crazy guy with the sandwich board is right eventually.

"

I remember him and yeh the end of the world nigh

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ft reporting that two government scientific advisors are predicting a circuit break of two weeks will reduce death in January by between 29-45%, based on the current modelling.."

And what about February, March, April....

Short term gain, long term pain and the problem's still here.

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Ft reporting that two government scientific advisors are predicting a circuit break of two weeks will reduce death in January by between 29-45%, based on the current modelling.."

Is that the current modelling used by Ferguson, Witty and Vallance as their figures always come out wildly exaggerated?

Also saying that it would reduce deaths in January, would it not just shunt these into February instead?

If a "circuit break" was used, would it not be more effective in the colder months towards the peak of the flu season?

Reply privately

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

Some people.

Schools and universities have driven this

Yesterday 701 children aged between 5 and 14 in England tested positive for covid. 462 of these were aged 10 to 14. Every 5 year age group above that up to 65-69 years had more cases with all but the 60-64 age group at least double.

What's the evidence that schools are driving this? Especially when some of the cases in children will be from the home environment or mixing with other households outside of school.

"

I don’t agree with any more lockdowns, but just to answer on the figures, I would imagine the vast majority of school kids, if infected, particularly the youngest, are a symptomatic and not getting tested. I wouldn’t put much emphasis on the 701 figure you quote.

Reply privately

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

A 3 week national lockdown will be enough to tip an ailing economy from Recession into a Depression just in time for the arrival of the still undecided Brexit finale.

Not a good position to be in.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Ft reporting that two government scientific advisors are predicting a circuit break of two weeks will reduce death in January by between 29-45%, based on the current modelling..

Is that the current modelling used by Ferguson, Witty and Vallance as their figures always come out wildly exaggerated?

Also saying that it would reduce deaths in January, would it not just shunt these into February instead?

If a "circuit break" was used, would it not be more effective in the colder months towards the peak of the flu season?"

No two government scientific advisors, one sage and I don't recall the others position..

FT front page..

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"A 3 week national lockdown will be enough to tip an ailing economy from Recession into a Depression just in time for the arrival of the still undecided Brexit finale.

Not a good position to be in."

The common sense thing to do is to put Brexit on hold, this virus has sort of put things in perspective..

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

We do have to balance the economy people obeying erules is better than lockdown increase fines imprison the idiots strong government is needed

Reply privately

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"We do have to balance the economy people obeying erules is better than lockdown increase fines imprison the idiots strong government is needed"

I agree, put Cummings behind bars...

Reply privately

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan
over a year ago

North East

"A 3 week national lockdown will be enough to tip an ailing economy from Recession into a Depression just in time for the arrival of the still undecided Brexit finale.

Not a good position to be in."

worse things happen at sea

Reply privately

By *edbath 5Man
over a year ago

london

So no one will die when we unlock.

Sage is full of left wing activist and labour donors.

I sadly feel the knight is just trying to be anti government.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"So no one will die when we unlock.

I sadly feel the knight is just trying to be anti government. "

You have evidence of this?

Reply privately

By *edbath 5Man
over a year ago

london

You have evidence of this?"

If you mean SAGE. -

Chairman Dave King

Brown/Blair advisor.

Labour donor

Lots of refs in print and on TV slagging the "tories" especially Boris who seems to have dropped him from gov advisors roles when he became PM - surprise!

Prof gabriel Scally

Labour donor

Labour policy advisor

Labour activist

Prof Chris Pagel

Labour activist

Prof Allyson Pollock

Written a book on selling off NHS

President of socialist care Health association

Regulalry pops up on TV and in print attacking tories (loads of references)

Loves a bit of nationalisation

Proper socialist

Dr Zuba Haque

Writes for the fabian Society

Prof Susan Michie

Member of the communist party until Corbyn

Donated to corbyn

wife of Labour special advisor

Her mother was a Labour employee in HR or something, cant quite get to the bottom of what she did

oh - and every single one of them is Pro EU or rather anti Brexit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I sadly feel the knight is just trying to be anti government. "

Spot on - sick to death of the lefties trying to make political capital out of a virus. Stinks of desperation because we all know the Labour Party will never again (certainly in my lifetime) be fit to govern. It's too far infiltrated by communists.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Complete waste of time all of these lockdowns. It's a virus that has over a 99% survival rate for God sake.

Average age of people dying of Covid = 82.2

Average life expectancy UK = 81.1

The people who are dying would have died anyhow. Lift restrictions and try to recover the economy. More and more people are dying of suicide. I know 6 people under 30 whove sadly taken their own lives as a result of mental health issues caused by the current situation.

Sweden had no lockdowns but they've managed fine.

Reply privately

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan
over a year ago

North East

Spot on - sick to death of the lefties trying to make political capital out of a virus. Stinks of desperation because we all know the Labour Party will never again (certainly in my lifetime) be fit to govern. It's too far infiltrated by communists."

spot on!

Reply privately

over a year ago

You all might be in a bit of a shock when you realise that most of the Civil Service, Public Sector Workers, NHS workers, and public transport workers are left leaning

It's as if they have first hand experience of the government cuts

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just had a look at the latest YouGov poll on whether we should go into a further lockdown.

3000 cross sectioned adults polled

64% for

20% against

16% dont know

Thank god the vast majority still have some sense...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Spot on - sick to death of the lefties trying to make political capital out of a virus. Stinks of desperation because we all know the Labour Party will never again (certainly in my lifetime) be fit to govern. It's too far infiltrated by communists."

Haha, that made me chuckle,

Reply privately

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan
over a year ago

North East

"Just had a look at the latest YouGov poll on whether we should go into a further lockdown.

64% for

20% against

16% dont know

Thank god the vast majority still have some sense..."

Reply privately

over a year ago

He back tracked on his proposal this morning in PMQ's... So who knows what is going on or going to happen

Reply privately

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"Just had a look at the latest YouGov poll on whether we should go into a further lockdown.

64% for

20% against

16% dont know

"

It’s just virtue signalling.

I don’t know anyone who’s supporting more restrictions.

Reply privately

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan
over a year ago

North East

64% for

20% against

16% dont know

It’s just virtue signalling.

I don’t know anyone who’s supporting more restrictions. "

I do

Reply privately

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

I read somewhere 2 week lockdown might push virus numbers back 28 days.. if so we will need 2 weeks locked down, 4 weeks open, 2 weeks locked down... just to stand still.

Reply privately

By *amesoflondonMan
over a year ago

London

"Complete waste of time all of these lockdowns. It's a virus that has over a 99% survival rate for God sake.

Average age of people dying of Covid = 82.2

Average life expectancy UK = 81.1

The people who are dying would have died anyhow. Lift restrictions and try to recover the economy. More and more people are dying of suicide. I know 6 people under 30 whove sadly taken their own lives as a result of mental health issues caused by the current situation.

Sweden had no lockdowns but they've managed fine. "

Economic Damage

for Brexit? fine

to save a Mum? nah

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Who are these communists exactly?

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

If you mean SAGE. -

Chairman Dave King

Brown/Blair advisor.

Labour donor

Lots of refs in print and on TV slagging the "tories" especially Boris who seems to have dropped him from gov advisors roles when he became PM - surprise!

Prof gabriel Scally

Labour donor

Labour policy advisor

Labour activist

Prof Chris Pagel

Labour activist

Prof Allyson Pollock

Proper socialist

Dr Zuba Haque

Prof Susan Michie

Donated to corbyn

Her mother was a Labour employee in HR or something, cant quite get to the bottom of what she did

"

Ok let's examine your 'evidence'

Dave king advised under Blair and brown.. as that was his job.

I can see no evidence of labour donatins but 2 hits attacking him from the daily mail and something called guido.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Why have you not mentioned vallance or whitty?

Reply privately

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan
over a year ago

North East

If you mean SAGE. -

Chairman Dave King

Brown/Blair advisor.

Labour donor

Prof gabriel Scally

Labour donor

Labour policy advisor

Labour activist

Prof Chris Pagel

Labour activist

Prof Allyson Pollock

Proper socialist

Dr Zuba Haque

Prof Susan Michie

Donated to corbyn

I can see no evidence of labour donatins but 2 hits attacking him from the daily mail and something called guido."

let's not and the word is donations

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Several of them do seem to be quite critical of how the tories have treated the NHS.

Still being professors of medicine and working in health care all their lives,what would they know?

Presumably this also inlavidates their opinion on the pandemic.

Reply privately

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

It depends what you are trying to achieve. A lockdown does not get rid of a virus it just delays a virus.

Sage also said this was only one part that had to be considered along with the harm a lockdown would do to the economy and the other side effects of a lockdown.

Starmer is just playing polotics as he knows Boris will have to authorise additional local lockdowns in the coming weeks then he can say you should have locked down when I suggested it.

Reply privately

By *edbath 5Man
over a year ago

london

If you mean SAGE. -

Chairman Dave King

Brown/Blair advisor.

Labour donor

Prof gabriel Scally

Labour donor

Labour policy advisor

Labour activist

Prof Chris Pagel

Labour activist

Prof Allyson Pollock

Proper socialist

Dr Zuba Haque

Prof Susan Michie

Donated to corbyn

I can see no evidence of labour donatins but 2 hits attacking him from the daily mail and something called guido."

I didn’t expect the guardian to tell us. Neither from your first reply expect you to agree with the evidence.

Reply privately

By *edbath 5Man
over a year ago

london

"He back tracked on his proposal this morning in PMQ's... So who knows what is going on or going to happen "

Backtracked. What was the backtrack please

Reply privately

over a year ago

Northern Ireland going into lockdown and Wales are stopping all us northerners entry into Wales.

The writing is on the wall for England...can someone tell boris

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

If you mean SAGE. -

Chairman Dave King

Brown/Blair advisor.

Labour donor

Prof gabriel Scally

Labour donor

Labour policy advisor

Labour activist

Prof Chris Pagel

Labour activist

Prof Allyson Pollock

Proper socialist

Dr Zuba Haque

Prof Susan Michie

Donated to corbyn

I can see no evidence of labour donatins but 2 hits attacking him from the daily mail and something called guido.

I didn’t expect the guardian to tell us. Neither from your first reply expect you to agree with the evidence. "

Yep im sure some crackpot alt right site is totally impartial.

Reply privately

By *edbath 5Man
over a year ago

london

If you mean SAGE. -

Chairman Dave King

Brown/Blair advisor.

Labour donor

Prof gabriel Scally

Labour donor

Labour policy advisor

Labour activist

Prof Chris Pagel

Labour activist

Prof Allyson Pollock

Proper socialist

Dr Zuba Haque

Prof Susan Michie

Donated to corbyn

I didn’t expect the guardian to tell us. Neither from your first reply expect you to agree with the evidence.

Yep im sure some crackpot alt right site is totally impartial."

At least with them words you have confirmed you are left wing. And you wonder why you lost ANOTHER election.

Reply privately

By *edbath 5Man
over a year ago

london

"Northern Ireland going into lockdown and Wales are stopping all us northerners entry into Wales.

The writing is on the wall for England...can someone tell boris "

Northern Ireland is one of the worst places in Europe. Londonderry ( I think)and a few other places are 33% higher per 100,000 then Liverpool.

Wales seems to do what ever to go against Boris does.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

If you mean SAGE. -

Chairman Dave King

Brown/Blair advisor.

Labour donor

Prof gabriel Scally

Labour donor

Labour policy advisor

Labour activist

Prof Chris Pagel

Labour activist

Prof Allyson Pollock

Proper socialist

Dr Zuba Haque

Prof Susan Michie

Donated to corbyn

Yep im sure some crackpot alt right site is totally impartial.

At least with them words you have confirmed you are left wing. And you wonder why you lost ANOTHER election. "

I wasnt hiding it

Reply privately

over a year ago

A 3 wk 21 day lock down, against a virus that lasts 4 wks 28 days? A complete nonsensical question

Reply privately

By *rambedCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

[Removed by poster at 14/10/20 17:16:21]

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"It depends what you are trying to achieve. A lockdown does not get rid of a virus it just delays a virus.

Sage also said this was only one part that had to be considered along with the harm a lockdown would do to the economy and the other side effects of a lockdown.

Starmer is just playing polotics as he knows Boris will have to authorise additional local lockdowns in the coming weeks then he can say you should have locked down when I suggested it."

Well... He is a politician.

It's a also a pretty sure bet that we will end up in another hard lock down. So anyone predicting the "we should have done in harder and sooner" is a winner. A bit like predicting the "cold snap" in weather in winter in UK. One day youll be right and can say how clever you are.

Reply privately

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

"

No, Covid is still going to be here in week 4.

Reply privately